Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Square Appointments

Niet beschikbaar

The only problem with it is that typically our clients just want black and white, yes or no, a or b.

Beoordelingen van Square Appointments

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Square Appointments heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 182 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Square Appointments eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (182)

Carolyn
Carolyn
COO, Owner in VS
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers

Square appointments isn't made for mobile services, which we are. But we still use it.

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Setting up our clients too me forever, about 3 months. but that's because we were a mess going in. Customer service is exceptional, and easier to get ahold of than you would expect. There are several bells and whistles tat we were not expecting. Things we didn't know we need but now couldn't live without. Our clients recognize the product, so they are happier using it. We would recommend this product

We like that our clients recognize the product, and are less skeptical to use it. We like the POS integration. We like the customization of our receipts and the reminders to book again.We like the organization of our customers.

We wish there were more options to show the different stages of an appointment (appt offered, scheduled, confirmed, canceled, completed). We wish there were rout optimizations. We wish you worked better for mobile business. And AI that keeps road/weather conditions as well as distance between clients in mind would be a fantastic start.

Anthony
University Intern in Ecuador
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Square Appointments: A Powerful Tool for Appointment Scheduling

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: As a IT intern in the University, I had the opportunity to work with Square Appointments in a small business project. I found the software to be user-friendly and intuitive, with a range of features that helped the business to manage their appointment scheduling and customer information. The online booking feature was particularly helpful, as it allowed clients to easily book appointments at their convenience. The software's capacity to control employee schedules and set up automated reminders also aided in streamlining the appointment-setting procedure for both staff and clients.

Square Appointments is a thorough appointment scheduling program that provides a number of features to aid businesses in streamlining their appointment-making procedures. Businesses may easily manage employee schedules, set up their scheduling preferences, and provide online booking to their customers with its user-friendly interface. Additionally, this software allows for a great deal of customization, including the ability to program automatic appointment confirmations and reminders via email or text message.

One downside of Square Appointments is that it can be relatively expensive, particularly for small businesses or independent professionals. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the software's mobile app, including slow loading times and glitches.

Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Square has lost its grip on service

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Although I was initially a loyal user of Square Appointments and had been using the platform since its launch, I ultimately made the difficult decision to switch to another service due to its limitations. While I appreciated the overall quality of the product, it was frustrating to encounter persistent issues that were not being resolved by the Square team. As a long-term customer who had generated millions of dollars of business for the company, I had hoped for more responsive and effective support from the software provider. Despite my loyalty, the unaddressed problems and limitations ultimately led me to explore other options.

I can tell you that Square Appointments is a user-friendly platform that allows businesses to manage their appointments and bookings efficiently. It offers features such as online scheduling, automated reminders, and customer management, making it easy for businesses to streamline their operations and improve their customer experience. Its mobile app also provides convenience and flexibility for businesses on-the-go.

The limitations of Square Appointments were a major source of frustration for me. One of the most significant issues was the inability to collect credit card information via text to secure bookings, which created extra work for both me and my customers. Additionally, the "create appointment" option was not always available, which caused inconsistencies in the booking process. The double consent requirement was another significant drawback, as it prevented me from reaching out to customers directly through the messaging feature. Instead, customers had to initiate communication, which could be inconvenient and time-consuming. Despite reporting these issues multiple times, they were not addressed, ultimately leading me to switch to another platform. One of the most significant downsides of this switch was losing the ability to send messages to my customers directly through the app, which meant that I had to use alternative methods such as phone calls or SMS. This was particularly challenging as I did not want my employees to use their personal cell numbers to contact customers.

Lucille
Event Director in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers

Easy All-In-One System

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

Kunal
CEO in Australië
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good but with limitations

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If had a local business I would not shift away from Square, but since my business serves customers globally I needed a better alternative.

The best thing about Square Appointments that the free feature gives you most of the options, most important being to collect payments and deposit them straight into your bank account. No fuss. Easy to use and integrate.

However, Square Appointments is best for people who serve local clientele and do not serve clientele based in another time zone. In my case, I have a business where I meet up online with people located in different time zones and across the globe. The biggest disadvantage is that Square Appointments does not show booking times in their local time zone. It uses my time zone everywhere, it makes it super confusing for people who are booking. Another con, is that it will collect payments only in your currency, it won't convert or collect payments in another currency. I am based in Australia, but my customers in Canada would want to pay in Canadian Dollars and not Australian dollars, thus is a bit of hinderance for me. The last thing is that if you wish to go paid then it is pretty expensive starting at $35 per month, per location. All this when other competitors are giving the same features for much less.

Kevin
Owner in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Hands down the easiest and best appointment scheduling software.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Superb. Square appointments works great every time. Setup your hours, services, time required per services. Share your booking link. And ….GO!

Seamless integration with Squares payment system. One stop shop.

It’s so easy and does such a great job I don’t have any complaints at this moment.

Heather
Owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Great Product

5,0 3 jaar geleden

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

Lorrie
Lorrie
Independent Consultant in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Square appointments allows seamless appointment setting.

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Allowing clients to 0ay at appointment set up makes a smooth transition without multiple steps from other processors.

Square appointments is easy to use and features everything that a small service oriented business needs. I love that clients can pay for the service from the appointment page.

At first I was confused on how to make payment from appointment window optional. The steps could have been more clear.

CharRon E.
CharRon E.
Mobile DJ in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Square Appointment on the go

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoyed the use of the program. It was an issue when I didn't use square for all my clients. It wanted control of my schedule.

It connects to my Instagram account and website for clients to register on their own. The interface is simple to use. Very streamline.

That is connected to the square app. It need to connect to the app. All the appointments have to done inside square appointments.

Shandy
Groomer in Canada
Diergeneeskunde, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Dog Grooming looking for booking

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I liked that it was directly connected to the square reader which makes it easier than having two different companies for your business

I wasn’t as easy to use for a grooming schedule as I would have hoped. But it is a very different industry with lots of specifics so I wasn’t upset that it didn’t work as I wanted.

Bonita
Business Owner in Canada
Alternatieve geneeskunde, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Appointment Integration for Online Booking

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was one of the first Canadian adopters, and when I noticed a small issue with the postal code field (which at the time was set up for only American zip codes), which affected a client's ability to book a session with advance payment, Square support was quick to resolve the issue, and they offered me some free transaction fee coverage for my trouble. While I eventually switched to payment at the time of service, I appreciated how quickly and deftly my issue was resolved.

It works seamlessly, and allows me to give my clients a Covid message, and a link to my client/practitioner agreement before they even book their session. I love that it integrates Square software and my Google Calendar, so there is no duplication of effort. Though I do not use the feature, it's brilliant that it will allow me to accept payment through Square at the time clients book an appointment.

Some of the backend features could use some tweaking. Given how many of us work from home, there should be an option for a client to choose a remote session, not just their home or my office. I always have to contact clients to find out if they want to meet at my office or work via Zoom. That choice should be one that clients can make clearly at the time of booking their session.

Melody
Salon Owner & Educator in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

It served us well!

5,0 vorig jaar

I love the streamline look of it on the customer side of things. The appointment scheduler was easy to use. There are a lot of options for salons on the backend with Square that I did enjoy.

It could be difficult to use on the business end. I hated that the app and the desktop version were so different. To make adjustments on my stylists booking options, I'd have to check in three different places to make sure everything looked correct online. The customer service was not great all the time or easy to get too. I am someone who does enough research and figures things out on my own, but for people who aren't great at problem solving, this isn't an easy app to use.

Caitlin
Clinical Nutritionist in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use, loved the automatic reminders and mobile app

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: This was a great appointment booking software for me. The only reason I switched is because there was one available with the program I use to keep my clients' records, and I was already paying for it. It made sense to make the switch, otherwise I would have stuck with Square.

The mobile app was great for checking my appointments for the day and booking clients in no time. I loved the automatic reminders; this was a huge time saver for me. So easy to use, worth the money!

Square Appointments was free for some time but then they started charging--I feel like they got me hooked on it and then I had to pay monthly. But, still worth it for all the time it saved me and with how easy it is to use.

Molly
Licensed Massage Therapist in VS

Square Appointments Does NOT Protect Your Time

3,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Okay to get the ball rolling at my practice, but ultimately doesn't provide what they promise.

I appreciate that they have a free version - ideal for people with a low budget who are just starting out.

Square offers "no show protection" by requiring a card to book an appointment, yet they allow clients to delete this right after booking without notifying me. This used to be a free feature, and now they're charging for something that doesn't truly protect the user. Customer service is not as responsive or invested as other services I've used.

Cory
Chiropractor in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Loving it!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

owner in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Extortion

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Had to upgrade my subscription in order to retrieve my client list. Extortion!!!

It was free to Square users and synced to Google calendar.

It is no longer free to square users and is NOT good for a mobile service business if you need to book longer arrival times. You can only book exact times which is almost impossible to keep when each job is different.

Meredith
Massage therapist in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

User friendly with many functions

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

Ashley
Owner in Canada
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great help for my business!

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really enjoy using my Square Appointments app. It makes my scheduling a breeze!!

I love how quick and easy it is to add in a new appointment. I also really love that it will send my clients appointment reminders to help me avoid no-shows.

I don’t have anything bad to say about Square Appointments. I do notice that I can’t message a client first on the “Messages” section, it only allows me to reply to a text message that they have sent me already. That would be super handy to be allowed to do.

Kathleen
Owner\ Pet Stylist in VS
, 2-10 werknemers

Satisfied Customer

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

I havent found anything that I dislike.

Natasha
Licensed Esthetician in VS
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers

Square

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I like square i just hope they tie up the loose ends to their POS

I like that square allows you to take any major card payment. Also you can charge client directly from client profile it also allows you to save a card on file for your client for further purchases.

The cons about square appointments are you cannot take deposits before appointment. Also the processing fees are a bit much. Recently I’ve had to reach out to them about fraud emails and scams I’ve been getting.

Beth
Owner/Operator in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Auto Pilot Appointments!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Flor
Massage therapist in VS
Medische praktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Appointments

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Combination of appointments and paying for services is an ideal combination

Easy to use and very effective. Simple way for clients to make appointments and paying for a service

Basic program but not as complete as massagebook. If you just want appointments, this is easy to use

Tiri
Hairstylist in VS
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Would recommend to small business owners

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I haven’t had any problems with square so far everything isn’t great but it’s good for a small business owner like myself

What I like the most is that I am able to keep track of my appointments and clients so easily. It’s a great way to keep your calendar in check!

I do not like that I cannot sync my phone calendar and the square app or even if they had a widget for the Notification Center would be great!

Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Cancelled My Account instantly after 8 months with no explanation!

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Awful. Beware if you care to keep your business able up and running.
No notice, no explanation and don't even have the decency to talk to you to tell you why.

It seemingly worked well, was easy to set up...

They literally sent me an email stating I was in violation of their terms & agreements and sent me to vague sections of their legal babble. I am a physician- they would not talk to me over the phone, terminated my account overnight and will not communicate via phone. Will only send email stating this "our final decision is irreversible." I am appalled.

jane
owner in VS
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Useless

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It feels like it was something a kid started for a school project but did not finish.

None, maybe text messages would be useful if the calendar worked.

Nothing works. If you import your Google calendar, then the entries are kind of static, you cannot edit them or even read the notes, they do not transfer well and appear in gibberish symbols. Because we log in from different time zones only 1hr apart, all entries appear across two day intervals. I cannot move entries either, they are just stock there. The calendar is not functional at all. There is no calendar in the app either (computer only) so our techs in the field cannot use it.