Square Appointments reviews

Makeup artist
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020

"Favorite booking app"

Opmerkingen: Overall it’s my favorite booking app. It has everything in one without a monthly charge.

Pluspunten: This is my favorite booking app. It has everything in one. Clients can book appointments and pay for service.

Minpunten: The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can add photos to appointments for category purposes. But clients can’t see the photos when booking. It would be nice to be able to put a photo next to the service on booking page

• Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020
Lucille G.
Event Director
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

"Easy All-In-One System"

Opmerkingen: I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Pluspunten: Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

Minpunten: I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

• Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Lorrie E.
Independent Consultant
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-6-2021

"Square appointments allows seamless appointment setting."

Opmerkingen: Allowing clients to 0ay at appointment set up makes a smooth transition without multiple steps from other processors.

Pluspunten: Square appointments is easy to use and features everything that a small service oriented business needs. I love that clients can pay for the service from the appointment page.

Minpunten: At first I was confused on how to make payment from appointment window optional. The steps could have been more clear.

• Beoordeeld op 2-6-2021
Ren Z.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2016

"Promising but very limited"

Opmerkingen: Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that it forces customers to enter full name, phone, and email address EVERY SINGLE TIME to book an appointment. The only reason we switched to Square Appointments in the first place was to prevent no-shows by activating "Hold Card for No-Show Protection". This feature is half-baked because there's no way to save card info for future bookings. As of November 2016 no improvements have been made to mitigate that despite their tech staff promising to fix it when we first signed up with them in May 2016. I have sent them tons of usability improving ideas but only a few were addressed. We're on the verge of canceling our account with them because our clients constantly complain about what I described above, but worst of all we've noticed major decline in booking conversions from even our current clients, let alone newcomers. It holds promise, it is just not ready for prime time.

Pluspunten: It has a dedicated iPad app.

Minpunten: Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2016
Heather G.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2021

"Great Product"

Pluspunten: When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Minpunten: Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

• Beoordeeld op 1-2-2021
Jennifer W.
Private Practice Therapist
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 25-10-2019

"So Easy To Use, Business Generating"

Opmerkingen: Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pluspunten: I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Minpunten: If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

• Beoordeeld op 25-10-2019
Daja H.
Business owner
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020

"Square is perfect for small businesses!"

Opmerkingen: I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pluspunten: I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Minpunten: I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020
Avril J.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020

"Set your Appointments and get Paid in One"

Opmerkingen: I needed a way to have clients schedule consulting and also pay for the time immediately. Before I was utilizing several online platforms that were not linked .

Pluspunten: The ease in which you are able to set up the system was delightful,non invasive and efficient. I also like the fact someone can select from a menu to better customize their engagement with the process. ANd the mobile app is nearly identical to the desktop version which makes travel mode more efficient.

Minpunten: My initial set up was separate from my Square account however it is now an integral component. The new integration removed the need to work

• Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020
Toniann P.
Receponist
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-9-2020

"Salon appointments"

Opmerkingen: It's been okay. It took some time to get used to. Some things I would change.

Pluspunten: This program is good for salon appointments BUT, it could be better. I love how it sends out confirmations for you.

Minpunten: Someone who runs a salon should really help make this program better. It's decent, but so much improvement can be made.

• Beoordeeld op 8-9-2020
Sam J.
Licensed Professional Counselor
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019

"Good but limited"

Opmerkingen: Most industries will loved the ease of use. I could not use it for my therapy practice.

Pluspunten: As with everything Square does, Appointments was simple, easy, and functional. It offers outstanding automated scheduling for many professionals.

Minpunten: There was not enough customizable settings for my industry. I need to limit how many appts I do a day, not necessarily based on specific times. This was not possible with square appointments.

• Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019
Heidi H.
Chiropractor/Owner
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-2-2020

"Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice"

Opmerkingen: Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pluspunten: Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Minpunten: It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

• Beoordeeld op 4-2-2020
Vesta G.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016

"Excellent saas"

Opmerkingen: This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pluspunten: -have customers pre-pay for appointments
-manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees
-fine tune cancellation periods
-charge cancellation fees
-useful analytics

Minpunten: -While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

• Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016
Denise J.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-11-2018

"Professional Edge"

Opmerkingen: My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pluspunten: Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Minpunten: I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

• Beoordeeld op 15-11-2018
Cory M.
Chiropractor
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-8-2016

"Loving it!"

Opmerkingen: I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pluspunten: I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Minpunten: I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

• Beoordeeld op 16-8-2016
Vanessa T.
Maatschappelijk werk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Stress free appointments"

Opmerkingen: This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pluspunten: Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Minpunten: Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Owner / Esthetician
  • Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019

"Amazing"

Opmerkingen: It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pluspunten: It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Minpunten: I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

• Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Jaree W.
Massage Therapist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-8-2016

"Great Product!"

Opmerkingen: This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pluspunten: I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Minpunten: Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

• Beoordeeld op 8-8-2016
Meredith C.
Massage therapist
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"User friendly with many functions"

Opmerkingen: Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Pluspunten: User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

Minpunten: For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Tiffany C.
Educator
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"Appointments"

Opmerkingen: I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know that’s in business

Pluspunten: I love that I’m able to link my business ventures together as far as appointment setting and use of the online store.

Minpunten: What I didn’t like was the monthly fee but that’s gone now

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Kathleen S.
Owner\ Pet Stylist
2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-8-2016

"Satisfied Customer"

Opmerkingen: I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Minpunten: I havent found anything that I dislike.

• Beoordeeld op 12-8-2016
Isaias G.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2016

"Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version"

Opmerkingen: This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pluspunten: I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Minpunten: For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2016
Thomas F.
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

"Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments"

Pluspunten: I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Minpunten: I currently like everything about this software.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Jamie A.
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2020

"Great customer service and does what it needs"

Opmerkingen: Great! Honestly, except for the forms situation...it was been what I need. Customer service reps are very nice and helpful.

Pluspunten: I like the simplicity of it, it is well organized, and it is user friendly....especially for a new business owner like me

Minpunten: Yes, not having a forms option. I am in the beauty industry/PMU and it is super important for me to have clients fill out forms. Having to print them out and then having them fill them out on the day of their appointment is time consuming. I wish that Square already had the options to send clients forms (and forms with images on them). And having to turn on my location settings every time I wanted to log on to the app

• Beoordeeld op 22-8-2020
Beth S.
Owner/Operator
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-8-2016

"Auto Pilot Appointments!"

Opmerkingen: Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pluspunten: Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Minpunten: The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

• Beoordeeld op 6-8-2016
Domeka B.
Nail stylist
2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2016

"Urnailtech"

Opmerkingen: I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app
I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pluspunten: Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Minpunten: Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2016