Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Numbers

Spreadsheet-app voor iOS. Stelt teams in staat om samen te werken via het in realtime creëren en bewerken van spreadsheets. Compatibel met MS Excel.

Meer informatie over Numbers

This sent waves through the technical community. All in all, if you need a quick, easy to use Excel alternative for Mac, this is the tool for you.

Beoordelingen van Numbers

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Numbers heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.501 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Numbers eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.501)

Stefan
Stefan
Head External Engagement
Biotechnologie, 51-200 werknemers

The Best spreadsheet program overall

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Daniel
Daniel
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Numbers is close enough to Excel without the headache

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is great,especially on Apple products where you can go from iPhone to laptop or Ipad easily while editing the same file.

It is easy to use and looks great. It has lots of options for how to sort and configure your data.

It is a bit different from Excel and takes some doing to find the location of certain features. It can be done, but might need to watch some tutorials or look up where features/functions are located.

Duncan
Owner in VK
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best for spreadsheets

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Numbers does all it needs to for me I use Numbers for all my admin tasks

Easy to use with all the necessary functions, easy to set up for invoices, estimates etc

Numbers does all I need it to do, no cons found

Jean-Michel
Projects Manager in Frankrijk
Marktonderzoek, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Don't waste time, switch to competitors

2,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We started with a small team in the Apple ecosystem. Our processes were smooth. However, as soon as we welcomed more PC users and wanted to share more information with our clients and collaborators, it was a disaster.

Integration with iCloud is quite well thought out. Pricing included in the iCloud package as well. In an Apple ecosystem within a team, it's a viable solution.

Why rack your brains trying to retrieve Excel functions? Might as well switch to a competitor's package. Especially when new team members arrive with PCs. The situation is worse when transferring documents to clients and service providers: Layout issues are common.

Joseph
Manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers

Apple version of excel

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall has been good for what I have used it for. I used it just like an excel spreadsheet with formulas in cells and as a chart and it worked as I needed to

I like that it’s functionality is similar to excel

Nothing comes to mind when thinking about what I like least

Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Great functionality

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

It works wonderfully as a spreadsheet should. Many options and features but is easy to navigate for even simple tasks.

I wish Numbers was web based so I could share and collaborate.

Ryan
Pastor of Digital Ministry in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

As good as the standard

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

While numbers is fairly simple to use and represents data. Well, my favorite feature has to be file conversion. This is an area where other software has often fallen short. I can take virtually any data file format, and input it into numbers, and I can convert numbers files to .xls or .csv with ease.

The most difficult thing about numbers is the learning curve. If one is used to using other spreadsheet applications, it takes some time to figure out where everything is. What’s the person overcomes those early? Difficult difficulties, numbers is quite simple to use.

Christina
Communications and Children’s Ministry in Canada
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

The (almost) perfect solution for spreadsheets

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It is an amazingly designed app on Apple’s platforms and integrates well inside and outside the organization with Apple Business Essentials / Business Manager.

The windows (web) app is lacking and dated. It seems like Apple wants you to just stick to using only their devices, but this reduces cross-platform collaboration.

Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Great built in software for applet user

5,0 vorige week Nieuw

It’s good and easy to learn making a spreadsheet, easier than google sheet, you can also find a lot of mock up from the software internally.

Only Apple users can access to the original files, and if need to collaborate with others, your iCloud must be big enough to storage

CEO in VS
Farmaceutica, 2-10 werknemers

Decent mathematics app

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall not bad for the price point. I would say it’s worth it’s value but if you want something more complex look elsewhere

It’s pretty cheap and does a good job of importing and exporting

The data visualization is a bit more limited so I use other apps for that function

Jeremy
Manager in Canada
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent Spreadsheet Program

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I highly recommend numbers as a Mac friendly spreadsheet app. A great alternative to using windows excel.

It seamlessly works with other spreadsheet programs and delivers solid results.

When importing some files, fonts or formats get rearranged.

President/COO in VS
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

Spreadsheets for the rest of us

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers takes what every other spreadsheet app has been doing for over 30 years, and simplifies it to the most important features that are all that 90% of users will need. Instead of multiple ribbons, and nested menus, you have a much simpler, easier to understand and learn user interface. Yes, some functionality is missing, but for the most part, there are workarounds, or they are features you won't likely need. Numbers even does some things that Excel doesn't do, as it knows that non-number-crunchers use spreadsheets for text charts, presentations, and other things that aren't necessarily about numeric data. What's weird is that Excel has taken out some nice features that Numbers has kept! For example, I used to build a formula such as SUM, but typing = into a cell, then typing SUM( and clicking on each of the cells I wanted to add, and Excel would automatically put a + between each cell. Numbers still does this, but Excel now makes me type the + sign. I like how Numbers lets me have multiple tables on a sheet, and still lets me have multiple sheets. It works the way my brain works, instead of forcing my brain to think the way it wants me to.

Numbers takes the most important basic features for creating and managing spreadsheets, deletes all of the really high-end, deep accounting stuff, and makes a spreadsheet app that will make 90% of users happy. It just works, and features all of the simplicity you expect from an Apple product, while still allowing some powerful features.

If Apple would just add the "Repeat" feature, Numbers would be perfect. In Excel, one feature I often use is the ability to repeat a command: I modify one cell a certain way, then select a bunch of other cells and select "Repeat" from the Edit menu. Numbers cannot do this. Numbers also does not support a lot of the high-end features that serious number-crunchers expect: Macros, pivot tables, many of the more powerful statistical and mathematical formulas, etc. Those are features that I rarely, if ever need, so I'm OK with it. I still have and use Excel, so when I need those features, or someone sends me an Excel spreadsheet that uses them, I can still access those files.

Brent
Analyst in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Time-Proven System!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers has allowed us to dive deeper and gain more clarity of our organizations' financial inflows and outflows on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis. Using numbers we've reduced our annual overheard by about 30% total over the last 2 years and increased our overall gross inflow operational efficiency by about 50% in that same time period. We are now working less, while growing our bottom line and impact in our community more than ever before... and we have Numbers to thank for this!

Numbers is by far one of, if not THE most, intuitive cell based analytical mathematical systems to use for personal or financial record keeping, analysis, etc. It's continued to improve year after year and the ability to insert graphs, charts, and integrate other cells and pages within the same program is uncanny!

There's now very little I don't like. previous versions of Numbers has issues linking and aligning other spreadsheets and specific cells into different sheets in different categories I had created within the program I had created for our organization. This is no longer the case, and it's actually a strength of the software now!

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in VS
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Numbers just isn't up to Excel or even Google Sheets

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers is getting used less and less by our team because we find the more substantial feature set of Google Sheets to be attractive, even as we prefer to use Apple products. The sharing capability is pretty week, with loading time issues and strange error messages coming up even when we know that shares are in place to allow a user to edit a spreadsheet. Transferring sheets from Google or Excel is also a problem, while they export into one another with no issues. It feels like Numbers is the neglected stepchild of the suite, as Pages and Keynote are far better replacements for similar MS and Google products.

Numbers is part of the Apple ecosystem, which we use for our business, so the fact that it uses traditional Apple standards is attractive for our company.

Numbers fails to have the feature-functionality, the plugins, and templates so widely available for Excel and even Google Sheets.

Jen
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

If you're Mac-brained, it's a no-brainer!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers makes sense to my head. When I look at Excel, it just makes my head hurt with the countless options. That alone is a selling point.

I LOVE this app! I've been using it for almost 10 years and a variety of business types: tracking expenses and grant reporting for a small non-profit, reports for non-profit; personal goal tracking, and for the last four years for a small cosmetic formulation company, to keep track of formulations, and data on ingredients. I love how intuitive it is and seamless with Pages and Keynote.

I wish it was more intuitive with moving things around within the file. You can make different sheets, but within each sheet it's a giant blank canvas. When you move into printing - that's where it can get really frustrating. I would love if it were easier to move things around and know while you're working "this rectangle here translates to a normal sheet of paper."

Felicia
Felicia
President in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Numbers for Everyday Use

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As I've been using Numbers more and more frequently, I find myself liking the simple design that is cohesive with Pages and some of the other software I'm currently using.

I find Numbers easy to use on a Mac device and easy to open documents that were developed in Excel or Google Spreadsheets. I like the user-friendly interface and the ability to modify documents as needed. It is easy to adapt the Numbers spreadsheets and the data-entry process is intuitive.

I find it more challenging to create totals for columns or to use some of the Sum or other functionality as compared to Excel.

Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Keeps My Bills Straight

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It really helped me, a budgeting novice, take control of my budget and to organize other projects (home repairs or other projects).

The reason I use this the most is for my monthly bills. I set up a spreadsheet in Numbers and then track all my spending on bills. The key to this software for me is accessibility. I can input information wherever I am utilizing The Cloud, so that means my phone, computer or even a browser on any computer by logging into icloud.com. So if I want to add a bill, edit the amount, mark it as paid, or access some other spreadsheet I can do it at my convenience. Most of the time its on my phone. It is close enough to Excel that you can learn it easily or convert files between Number and Excel. If you've never used a spreadsheet app, I think you will find it even easier than Excel.

There are some features that will take a little hunting to find at first, but some searches in the help menu or a web search will help you out on this front. It's a little tricky to use on the phone for some things, but for the most part pretty easy.

Crystal
Finance Manger in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Numbers has helped turn me into a finance wizard!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

The capacity to "collaborate" with others. The allows me to make live changes and for my boss to do the same, instead of going back and forth. It's super efficient. Also, the ability to sum cells. It helps greatly when I have 300 lines of budget to be able to sum cells all the way down very quickly. I am also able to go across, so I can look at month by month spending in a flash at the bottom, as well as sum total to the right. Super helpful.

Transition from Excel - figuring where things are wasn't always super intuitive for me, but now that I'm familiar with numbers, I wouldn't want to go back.

Tracy
Administrative Assistant in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

A Great Asset To Any Office!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our office came from an all Windows based environment, and because of upgrade costs, virus issues, etc., we made the decision to convert to all Apple computers, Apple software, Apple programs, etc....Once you learn the shortcuts and "retrain" your brain to think in Apple language, it has been one of the best moves we have ever made! Thanks Apple & Thanks Numbers!

The greatest thing I like about Numbers is how easy it was to acclimate to it. I love how Apple has gone above & beyond to streamline all their products and services.

It definitely took a slight "learning curve" to figure out how to use it, but it was worth every minute!

Leah
Leah
Music Producer in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Finally an Excel competitor

5,0 2 jaar geleden

If you are an Excel user and happen to also be a Mac user I'd suggest you finally open that numbers app. I always would uninstall it because it used to lack usability compared to Excel but wow! It is so much easier to use, so many more features and has that classic, Apple, premium and intuitive feel. GO APPLE! I can't believe more people aren't talking about this.

I absolutely love everything about it. Proud to say I am officially an Excel convert.

Ayon
Ayon
Film maker in India
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Spreadsheet Designer

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Well, I use Numbers on daily basis, often I open tables that contain year long data and entries, but never faced any sort of slow down while opening such huge tables or surfing through those numerous rows and columns. Numbers is a rock solid software. Plus now it has beautiful shapes and table features which helps making documents far more gorgeous and impressive to look at. Suddenly looking at endless spreadsheets are not dull anymore. Using Numbers has been a fantastic experience.

The best thing about Numbers is how intuitive it is to use, for different functions like table preparation, lengthy calculations, scheduling and more. The Apple made interface makes so much sense. Another cool thing about Numbers is that it comes with a huge library of ready made templates for various purposes and all can be customised very easily. Apple keeps adding new features quite often to this software and its companion softwares like Pages and Keynote. They all have the same design layout making it easier and a compact and uniform user experience. Plus one can collaborate with distant colleagues and work together, this is as fluid and smooth like other Apple software products. One will never regret coming from Microsoft Word or Google Docs, rather one will enjoy how butter smooth and robust Numbers is in what it does.

This is one of the few softwares, where its hard to find a disadvantage. A spreadsheet software as stable and solid as Number will surely meet all the requirements of the user performing tables and calculations. If anyone is using trackpad or Apple mouse, then it will take a few minutes to get used to how the software works with gestures, otherwise there are hardly any cons in this software.

Damian
Damian
Consultant - Director in VK
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers

A great offering from Apple but only for basic number crunching/input

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers was really good for basic work that was not data intensive. It's template library and abilities for graphical output are great. However, you need to use Excel for really serious number crunching.

Like everything Apple, the UI looks and feels smooth and easy to use. It is built, it feels and seems, with the beginner to basic, light user in mind; it does this very well. The range of templates helps massively for selection of the best sheet for your task or data. As with all things Apple, the output/end design are tailored to look a million dollars in ways to present the data. I like it that it works well when I did use it a lot on my iPhone Numbers App. Unlike Excel on my iPhone, Numbers UI was good on mobile. Numbers is not claiming to be in competition with Excel, not to me anyway. It really hit the spot in helping my two kids not feel intimidated by spreadsheets. The Apple interface does make more sense and you have the conformity across the other iWork Apple suite. The other bonus is that as it's designed and written by Apple, it is far quicker that Excel on a MacOS platform - for obvious reasons.

I use iMac as my main desktop, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air for when on the go. It all works seamlessly but I'm pretty sure there isn't reverse compatibility with Windows, unlike Excel. There is a severe lack of functions and features such as an ability to analyse data in a pivot style or have more of a broader range of formulae.

Ajit
Scientists in India
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"Unleashing the Power of Numbers: A Comprehensive Review of Apple's Number App"

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Numbers by Apple is a spreadsheet app designed for iOS and iPad devices. It is known for its user-friendly interface, a wide range of formatting and styling options, and seamless integration with other Apple apps and services. Many users have praised the app for its ease of use and versatility, making it a popular choice for casual users, students, and home-based businesses. In conclusion, Numbers by Apple is a well-designed spreadsheet app that provides a good balance between ease of use and versatility for its intended user base.

Number by Apple is a spreadsheet app for iOS and iPad devices. It is designed to be easy to use and provides users with a range of features for creating and editing spreadsheets. Some of its key features include: Intuitive and user-friendly interface, a Wide range of formatting and styling options, Integration with other Apple apps and services, such as Apple Pencil and iCloud, compatibility with Excel and other popular spreadsheet formats, Support for over 250 functions and formulas

Limited functionality compared to desktop spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, and No support for macros or VBA scripting, Some users have reported performance issues when working with large spreadsheets. Overall, Number by Apple is a well-designed spreadsheet app that is well-suited for casual users and students, but it may need to be more powerful for more demanding business and financial applications.

Aaron
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use Spreadsheet app, but lacks the features of Excel

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Numbers is my go-to spreadsheet tool. While Excel is certainly more powerful, Numbers is simply easier to use, and it's page layout feature is unmatched by any other spreadsheet program.

The best thing about Numbers is how it handles page layout and design. Unlike most spreadsheet program, with an interface that is nothing more than an endless grid, Numbers is blank canvas that allows you to add different table, with each table being its own spreadsheet. This allows for a great deal of flexibility in how you want your spreadsheets to look. Furthermore, Numbers is generally easy to use, especially for a spreadsheet program. Despite the ease of use, Numbers does support some advanced features such as scripting via AppleScript, Smart Categories (which is similar to pivot tables), and a robust function library. Finally, Numbers is absolutely free to use and receives regular updates.

The biggest con is simply that Numbers is nowhere near as powerful as other spreadsheet programs, especially Excel. For example, Numbers lacks true pivot tables, macro support (though AppleScript does provide some scripting and automation), and iterative calculations.

Cielo Kaye
Office Manager in Filipijnen
Directiekantoor, 51-200 werknemers

Helpful with reports

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's self-sufficient and it works when you're creating reports, but it has fewer functions compared to MS Excel and Google Spreadsheet.

Personally, it's more user-friendly compared to MS Excel. Without using any formula, you can set up the data of each cell to be a checkbox, a star rating, slider, stepper, or a pop-up menu. I think that's very convenient. Also, the reports, tables, and charts look neater compared to MS Excel and Google Spreadsheet because it allows you to add & remove, and move objects easily. When the program detects that you're writing a formula, I love that it automatically gives you a quick list of all formulae and their uses or explanation on the sidebar. They also have nice looking preformatted tables, and a wide range of templates for calendars, checklists, reports, and the like.

There are missing features like 'removing duplicates' on a given data or report. There are also formulae in Google Spreadsheet and MS Excel that are not supported in Numbers so you'd have to be more innovative. When it comes to sharing files, Numbers don't usually open seamlessly or don't open at all in MS Excel, and given that more people are familiar with MS Excel, sharing files tend to be a little time-consuming because you'd have to convert them.

Christian
Christian
Programmer Analyst in VS
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

What Excel needed to be

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Numbers for a variety of tabular data and graph creation.

It’s basically Microsoft publisher and excel in one. It allows you to create multiple tables in addition to other elements, making it easy to layout a full page with data on it. Making graphs from the data is easy too.

There is a little learning curve up front. They’ve done their best to implement how excel does most functions and such for tables, but figuring out it’s more than just a table full of data app is a bit of a different mindset.