Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over DiskStation

NAS-invoegtoepassing waarmee meerdere VM's kunnen worden gemaakt en uitgevoerd en VM's kunnen worden hersteld via snapshot-technologie.

Meer informatie over DiskStation

Disk station have many feature and function for small to large business. Easy to access from anywhere and rapid access to your personal files.

To set up remote login was a bit tricky specially setting up a DDNS.

Beoordelingen van DiskStation

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

DiskStation heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 88 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je DiskStation eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (88)

Harshit
Harshit
Software intern in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

A worthy product for all developers

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Best product and definitely worth giving a try

The software is designed in such way that it provides a fastest cloud services and our own virtual machine at an insanely low price

I am using this software for over 6 months have nothing like cons.

Bill
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent small business solution

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using ABfB to backup my customers' servers and PCs off-site, and to backup my own local data to B2. So easy to use I backup all my managed PCs for bare metal restore. I can do this because ABfB's dedupe is very good at reducing storage used. Tested restores come up ready to put back into production.

The deduping is excellent at conserving space. Several different backup methods including multi-version, incremental and full-system bare metal restore. Can backup Linux servers agentless using SSH keys. Restores so far have been consistently solid. File and folder restores can be initiated from the NAS or the client computer. A report can be emailed daily or weekly showing the status of all backups. Backup as many computers as your bandwidth can handle -- there are no per-machine licensing costs.

No bare metal restore for Linux. I have numerous servers, desktops and laptops running Debian, Devuan, and Ubuntu that would be nice to be able to recover without rebuilding.

Marwan
Technical Support in Jordanië
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

DiskStation is the best and cheapest backup solution.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: DiskStation is the best solution that I use. and has a wide range of integration.

DiskStation is cheap and stable, with a large store of applications to integrate with everything. DiskStation can connect to the C2 cloud smoothly.

After 5 years of using Diskstation, I didn't find a major con. We can say the frequent updates were annoying.

Brian
Tech Manager in VS
, 11-50 werknemers

Solid & functional

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My business has been using DiskStation for the last four years. Aside from the occasional hiccup, it has worked admirably. We use it for basic music playback in our music school. We have one at each of our locations, synced so that changes made to one location are reflected at the other. The response is slow at times, particularly when using a remote connection.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Owner in Canada
Design en ontwerp

Synology Diskstation has been an incredibly valuable resource for business and home solutions.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

The amount of first-party apps which are aimed at solving a lot of tasks users may have is what makes this software suite great. Other NAS providers may aim at a handful of media and downloading softwares, but Synology makes it clear out of the gate that their focus is on productivity. They produce apps which handle everything from CRM and CMS installations to security camera integration, to virtualization. The sheer value proposition of Diskstation makes it difficult to view this as a valuable product. Their customer service is also spot-on - we had to run an RMA through their center and both Email and Phone support were prompt and helpful.

The only issue I have found is either the learning curve of the software is a bit too high for some use cases, or the software doesn't dive deep enough into it outright replacing everything we are using. While I see incredible value for others with the mail server, for instance, it cannot perform everything we need and so it isn't being used. This is only a minor issue though, as I am confident there is something for everybody on in this product.

Stacey
Stacey
Systems Administrator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy to use, full featureset.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have installed multiple Synology NAS systems for different labs on campus. Built-in multiple 10Gb networking provides fast access. AD integration provides simple authentication path for changing class rosters allowing simple turnover from semester to semester.

Provides a intuitive interface to what could be complex configurations. Linux based with a web management interface that allows granular control of configuration. Great support for Active Directory authentication. Security updates are prompt and backwards compatible. The current system software run on the most recent Synology hardware as well as the older hardware. The only thing missing from older hardware are Intel CPU dependent features suck as virtualization. All add-on software modules that you need are freely available for installation via the Package manager.

Older or lower end hardware uses a slower ARM CPU. This limits performance compared with Intel CPU based hardware.

Founder in Zuid-Korea
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Way to Manage and Backup Your Data

5,0 5 jaar geleden

DiskStation is so user-friendly. The menus are easy to navigate and you can find what you're looking for very quickly. Setup is a breeze and the add-ons give you more functionality without any added cost. I love the virtual desktop environment that Synology has created for DiskStation. It feels like I'm using another OS but I think that's a good thing. The environment is different enough so I don't confuse it with my main OS but familiar enough so I can do what I need to quickly. Synology has made backing up critical data effortless and made accessing that data very convenient.

The software is great but the online support material is lacking in a big way. I wish there were more videos produced by Synology to help users understand the advanced features of the software. It also feels like I'm downloading updates all the time.

Kevin
Kevin
IT Manager in VS
Olie en energie

It works and its dirt cheap. Solid NAS. Support could drastically improve.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The cost of storage and the functions, this is a great investment with no learning curve.

Pretty much everything but support. Assuming you bought the bare model, you populate the drives. Then use the utility that finds it by MAC and you assign an IP. Connect, and you'll find a rather pretty GUI that resembles windows 7. Updates and simple, and frequently released. 3rd party and native apps are abound. Its also dead simple to set up replication, if you wanted to setup a second unit for DR or backups. I also personally use one at home, using it as a plex host for my home theater, and it performs flawlessly.

Support isn't great, and it's overseas. Expect to conduct it all via email, and responses are not quick, Still, its so solid you may never need to contact them. Compared to the costs of a SAN, and other NAS, this should be a no brainer.

Reed
Reed
President in VS

Reliable Drive Array, but it's the software that makes the difference

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 40 TB of space for my company team, to share data and collaborate. This works quite well for our business.

DiskStation and its added packages make the Synology the best NAS available for small to medium businesses, including SOHO. A perfect suite of software packages, most available for free, to use on your PC or mobile device.

I really want a BookStation or DS Books app to keep track of my massive library of digital book titles.

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Incredible and reliable NAS solution

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: DiskStation greatly helps with backup and file access. For those who like to try, DMS apps offer useful and fun ways to take full advantage of your network-attached storage devices.

Being able to effectively manage your NAS through a web browser and an intuitive GUI is a big advantage DiskStation offers. There is a myriad of free applications you can install through DSM to fully take advantage and maximize your NAS device. The well-designed mobile applications also make accessibility possible when you are on the go.

Apart from being unable to use Active Backup Agent with macOS which is a big letdown, there isn't any other issue I have with DiskStation.

Asanka
Technical Consultant in Sri Lanka
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Worth every penny and then some

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had a excellent experience with DiskStation software and hardware. It's easy to setup and you will be up and running in no time because of this. I really loved the user experience and was pleasantly surprised by how fast the software was.

I love the simplicity and the speed of the software. You feel like working on a native app, without the overheads of a native app. It's surprisingly snappy, responsive and feels very polished. It's featured enough for even a middle sized organization.

Some notifications point towards actions that needs to be taken (as an example, security gives some suggestions for making your setup more secure). The notification will tell you what need to be done. However, sometimes the instructions can become bit confusing (finding the exact place to execute the instructions). Notification should make a link to whatever the section of the configuration the changes need to be done and take the user there. However this is very minor, and as the time goes by - i got to know what it means by simply looking at the message. (it's not the most intuitive for a first time user though)

Carlos
Designer in Venezuela
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Good for starting better for growing

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Been a small team of creative people with no technical experience in server installation and management, Synology did offer us the perfect solution for growing our business.

- Very powerfull an easy to configure for a novice user (0 prior experience in server instalation). - Very stable and reliable. We start with a small size server, and after 3 years we move to a bigger solution. We decide to remaing with Synology primearly because of the features and ease of use of it operating system.

- There are some bugs that have to be solved by commandline, which it´s something kind of nerve-raking. - The Drive integration still need improving. - The online tutorials and guides could be better.

Joseph
Photographer in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

DiskStation does the job

4,0 2 jaar geleden

A lot options to customize the experience to fit my needs.

Permissions are not straightforward. This could be a problem for less tech savvy users.

Matthew
Owner/Photographer in VS
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Simple. Robust. Customizable. Effective. Reliable.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Per-device local & remote backup. Local redundant file storage. Fast & secure NAS solution.

Clean interface. Ease of access. Customizable. 3rd Party App support & security. It just WORKS, ALWAYS.

I do not have anything that I would attribute to a Con in all truth.

Warren
Technology Adviser in VK
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 51-200 werknemers

Really powerful, rock-steady, and the leader in NAS

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Rock-steady reliability. Have used DiskStation for years and it has never failed me. For prosumers and small/medium businesses nothing else comes close - you'd need enterprise-level budgets to be able to get anything more reliable / powerful.

Learning curve might be a bit high for someone with zero experience. It's worth the time investment learning though!

Consultant in Zweden
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great product

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Awesome Nas software which does all you want and then some. I sincerely recommend this over any other kind of Nas that's available out there.

Nothing, it's just a Great product. The only thing I miss is being able to run my own hardware.

Marc Lee
IT Department Head in Filipijnen
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

The best software of NAS for business use.

Opmerkingen: Great experience and use of DiskStation

What I liked about DiskStation is the ease of deployment and use.

What I like the least about this software is the poor customer service that Synology is providing to its customers.

Vastgoed, 501-1.000 werknemers

Synology DiskStation for Business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: DiskStation has been great for the company and allows us to continuously adapt to an ever-changing work environment.

This software allowed us to create a NAS system to be shared with users in the office. We were able to set and configure rules and install applications as needed to fit our needs.

There is a learning curve to the software.

Randall
Software Engineer in VS
Defensie en ruimtevaart, 51-200 werknemers

Great for hosting your own network storage

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love using my Diskstation at home, and I could imagine this being extremely useful for small businesses as well.

I use Synology for hosting files at home. It is relatively easy to set up and get going, even for someone completely new at using it. The software comes with numerous utilities for managing files, processes, resources, and user permissions. There are also many more apps out there that you can install. Hosting my videos and pictures has never been easier, and with my redundant harddrives, my data is safe in case a drive is lost. The interface is very clean, and the functions are easy to use and simple to understand.

This is not a problem with the software itself but a limitation with the hardware. I have a bare model with a weak cpu, and so every now and then I experience latency issues, or slow ramp up times.

Joel
Joel
Director in Canada
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

NAS is must for business

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A dependable, easy solution to implement and manage for the average IT savvy user.

The set up, administration, and ad on features for this product are amazing. I use this to back up my business data and partition for other important records. The website and training video (official and un official) make service great.

The machine runs sometimes when no one is using it and the HDDs are just spinning away - seems they could make a more efficient sleep mode.

Rick
NA in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great product and server

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Synology makes a Great server and support software. They update their apps (and server software) every few weeks.

I like the cloud storage aspect

It could cost less

Al
Infrastructure Systems Analyst in Canada
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Reliable backup option

5,0 vorig jaar

Reliable backup. We deploy Diskstations to our customer for their server backups and have never failed.

It's easy to set up and configure so no complaints.

Thomas
Project Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Excellent Value

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Excellent, full-featured and easy to use NAS management software.

DSM is the most feature-rich and versatile NAS management software.

More licenses should be included.Move toward proprietary hardware for full feature set.

Analista de Sistemas II in Venezuela

It is a great tool, it has helped me a lot and has given me very good results

Opmerkingen: Easy To use and many options for your Servers be functional

I liked most, is the ease with which you can add new hardware, network interfaces and other add-ons that are needed when virtualizing and optimizing a server The multiplatform option and the great variety of drivers that this software handles, easy to use and provides a great facility when managing virtualization, which provides a great solution for those who do not have much experience when using this type of softwares

I have some problems with the Libraries, sometimes I have to start the software through the Terminal.

Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

Perfect for sharing documents from anywhere

5,0 5 jaar geleden

The info on it can be accessed from anywhere in the US. So awesome!

Depending on the model need more memory. The one I hve ha 512gb I wish it had 1tb