Shift

Shift reviews

door Shift Technologies Inc.

Keeps My Browser Windows Under Control

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Katie L.
Associate Director of Internal Communications
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift helps me keep organized, both personally and professionally, and allows me to go back and forth between applications without losing my mind.

Pluspunten: I'm the type of person who tends to have multiple browser windows open, and Shift helps me stay organized and keep the number of browser windows open under control. I use it daily to check my many email and social media accounts, to chat via multiple message apps, to keep track of my personal and professional calendars, and to attend to basic business and even personal tasks right there in the same browser, from Trello to my home budgeting software. It keeps everything all in one place and prevents me from losing my mind. When I see colleagues struggling to find the right tab in a sea of many browser windows, I always suggest Shift as a way to help them keep their browser windows under control as well!

Minpunten: I have noticed that at times the software can be a bit laggy. When I know I need to do intensive work, say in Google Docs or something, I will open the document in the default browser in order to prevent a delay. This is not usually a problem with basic email, messaging, or other simple tasks.

Overall Shift has been perfect

Carley K.
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I rate this software a B+ / A grade essentially. I am very happy. I have not added in a ton of applications such as evernote, and zoho. I really am just happy with the email aspect part of my day to day.

Pluspunten: I have 5 total emails. 2 of them are office 365. You may ask, why 6. We we are a company that develops strategic relationships with other Marketing Agencies, and we are required part of a white label to communicate part of other teams. Having multiple emails is a crucial part of our operations. Originally I used Kiwi, but Kiwi only supports Gmail / Gsuite accounts. 3 years ago I had everything in outlook, but calendar appoints was horrible. Shift allows me to keep everything in front of my eyes with all email accounts. I am very happy with Shift, and several of our team members use it. if your happy with the Gmail interface, but have multiple email accounts. This software is exactly for you. Look no further, because I spent years trying to find a Windows Based desktop application to manage my emails. Before Shift I have multiple chrome logins and browser tabs open for Gmail. I was missing emails, and everything was out of sorts.

Minpunten: The only issue I see and experience is sometimes having 6 accounts in Shift my emails are about 30 seconds to 60 seconds delaying incoming. Not the end of the world. The other issue, is about 2 times a weeks one or all of the accounts prompt me to re-authenticate. A little bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.

Makes me feel calm when working

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love shift because it makes it easy for my team to see all the applications we use, all in one place.
When I'm using it, I love that it makes me feel calm when I work because I know where everything is and am never jumping between 50 tabs (which makes my head spin) and work more efficiently.

Pluspunten: Everything is in one spot, which is what I like the most. It's easy to use and add new applications as you grow your business.

Minpunten: I wish you could use the keyboard to flip between screens faster. Even though I can't do that, I still prefer to use this Shift over just my browser.

van Shift Technologies Inc. op 13-1-2020

Thanks for your review! We're very happy to hear that Shift helps you feel calm while working and that you're finding it easy to use.

You may already be aware, but with the latest 4.0 release you can now cycle windows, check notifications and switch between accounts with the latest addition to our list of custom keyboard shortcuts. It's great for quickly toggling between your top apps and accounts without lifting your fingers off the keyboard.

Take it for a spin:

Mac: Command + `
Windows: Control + Tab

To see a full list of keyboard shortcuts within shift use:

Mac: Command + /
Windows: Control + /

If you have any other questions or comment, feel free to contact out support team!

IMAP E-Mail System Would Be The Cherry On Top

Kyle K.
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall the experience has been very beneficial to the productivity of our operation and simplification of the many different accounts and applications that we have to use with our variety of clientele.

Pluspunten: The ability to switch between so many Google accounts and additional applications has saved me countless hours, at this point probably days worth of time, allowing me to become far more efficient and effective with my consulting firm.

Minpunten: As a consulting firm we will be assigned e-mail accounts within a clients domain for short periods of time during our contracts that are not always a gmail based e-mail account, but just IMAP accounts. We currently use Spark as our e-mail client and it's frustrating that the only option within Shift to manage multiple non-gmail accounts is to pay for another subscription model, instead of being able to use Spark, RoundCube, or another free e-mail client. The program has had issues from time to time with how it handles toggling between different accounts. When switching between Asana companies it will open a new window instead of working within shift. At times Google Sheets will try to open in the web browser instead of a Shift window, even with the settings set for Shift window. While these issues do get addressed at updates, the seem to continue to randomly happen as the app is used.

Beautiful concept; execution needs work

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Will R.
Senior Manager Strategic Partnerships
Uitvoerende kunsten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: LOVE that it allows me to shift (get it?) between apps and accounts without changing windows. The integration with G-Suite is helpful since I manage multiple email accounts but generally use Drive with only one (this sort of arrangement frequently causes authentication issues when implemented in a browser)--so I am able to swap between email accounts while working on a spreadsheet in my "master" account. Adore the integration with apps like WhatsApp, Slack and HootSuite--it's like having my very own personalized terminal with all of the solutions I need to get my work done efficiently. I also like that I can rearrange the stack of accounts and apps to suit my workflow.

Minpunten: This software is buggy as hell. I frequently have to re-authenticate my Gmail accounts as well as apps like HubSpot, HootSuite and WhatsApp (for some reason, Slack is pretty much the only app I have noticed that does not require me to regularly re-enter my credentials). I wouldn't mind this all that much, except for the fact that Slack does not seem to talk to Apple's Keychain, so I end up having to look up my (sometimes lengthy) passwords for each account. This will sometimes happen mid-session, with no explanation. Another issue is that my Gmail accounts will routinely reload while I'm in the middle of composing a message. Again, no explanation provided, just a dialogue saying "changes you make might not be saved" and then adios! The rate at which these issues occur is high enough that I have considered abandoning the product ("why am I paying to take twice as long to write an email?"), especially since, even though I am a paying subscriber, support for these issues has been fair to middling. The latest response I received was that authentication issues can happen when the same Shift account is installed on multiple devices--which seems ridiculous, by the way, for those of us neanderthals that still have multiple computers--and that uninstalling shift on my other computers *should* fix the problem. It didn't, but I have yet to find another product worth my taking the time and effort to rejig my workflow/learn a new interface.

Shift has shifted a complicated group of windows into one

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Scott G.
Product Training Team Lead
Design en ontwerp, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift has allowed me to streamline my workflows and keep everything neat on my desktop

Pluspunten: Shift has continued to evolve during the time that I've used it and continues to become a more efficient way to manage the multiple apps and windows that I have to use daily. The app integrations are a god send given I no longer have to keep multiple apps/windows open.

Minpunten: The one draw back that I have found is that Shift does not import bookmarks from Chrome or other browsers. Once they get these in, I doubt I'll need to use an actual internet browser for anything.

van Redbrick Technologies op 10-1-2020

Thank you for the review. We're very excited to hear that your workflow has been streamlined with Shift and that your desktop is neater. We're working hard on functionality to allow for importing bookmarks from the web so that you don't need to use a browser ever again. Stay tuned for updates!

Saves me 1 'unit' of energy each day in "switching costs"

Steven D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Delightful. Honestly from going to their website, downloading the free version of the software, buying the upgraded version, using it....it's all been easy and enjoyable

Pluspunten: It saves me time and energy each day as it allows me to SHIFT between the major tools and platforms I work from. Fast, easy, light. I love it.

Minpunten: I learned right after paying for it that there is another software called Station that is similar and free. There are some tools + platforms I use that do not (yet) integrate with Shift.

van Redbrick Technologies op 10-1-2020

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you're saving time and energy because of Shift. We are always adding tools and platforms to Shift. If you have some specific apps you'd like to see, feel free to reach out and we can get them in our roadmap.

Great email client and more

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2019
Colton M.
Product Manager
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very positive. I love having all of my email accounts and frequently used web apps in one client. It has a clean, attractive design, and it performs well.

Pluspunten: I really love the number of available integrations and the fact that it doesn't try and reinvent the wheel by offering a new user interface. It simply wraps the standard web interface of Gmail and other integrations, there's no need to learn new controls or workflows.

Minpunten: If you're running it on multiple machines you might notice that sometimes if you add an account or integration on one machine it may not reflect on the others and you have to manually add it. Other than that there's nothing really to dislike about this software.

Organize your Life

Minh L.
Graduate Student
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Everything I need from Email, GroupMe, Slack, Mendeley on the work side and Facebok, Reddit, Duolingo even on the social/personal side is all grouped into one platform

Minpunten: You do have to pay for the advanced feature, especially the 'Sent from Shift' Signature
It signs out of your accounts sometimes

Shift by Redbrick Review

Lauren T.
Communications Strategist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's neutral. I like it for collecting email, Trello, and Slack into one window, but the rest of my experience has been mediocre. I thought this would eliminate my million tabs, but the integrations that sold me on the product don't function as they should, so that simply isn't the outcome I got. Support was helpful in offering for me to switch to the beta version, but I am not convinced that will solve any of these issues, and I don't have time to email back and forth with support every single time this happens.

Pluspunten: 1. Ease of use
2. Interface
3. Having Trello, Slack, and two email accounts in one window

Minpunten: Many of the integrations I hoped to use simply do not work. So for Shift to claim it has them and then to experience them not functioning effectively is extremely frustrating. And this is not user error. I have tried closing, quitting, and reopening the application, refreshing, logging in and out of accounts, and completely deleting and re-adding integrations. Nothing helped. I completely understand glitches now and again and understand these integrations require communication between platforms. However, the extent to which I am having issues with integrations is unreasonable. I'm specifically referring to: 1. Spotify (won't play music)
2. Toggl (won't load, blank screen except for top navigation)
3. Squarespace (won't load)
4. Sprout social (won't load, blank screen)

van Redbrick Technologies op 10-1-2020

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you're finding Shift easy to use and enjoying having your apps and multiple email accounts in one window. You may have noticed the addition of focused web tabs recently and that many of the bugs you mentioned have been fixed. However, if you're still have any of these issues or any new issues have come up, we'd love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out or to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new).

My New Dashboard for Everything

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Gene C.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I started out looking for a solution that would let me run multiple Gmail accounts without having to log out of one to log in to another. Shift did exactly what I was looking for.... and more. Simply by clicking an account icon, I could switch between Google accounts and have full access to ALL services in that Google account. Pretty soon, I was using Shift as my primary email client. Then I started using it as my interface to all my GDrive accounts. Then I discovered that I could add other common apps. The latest update added a built in browser. Now, I am pretty much using Shift as my dashboard for most of what I do online. It's a marvel of design that combines simplicity, ease-of-use, and powerful functionality into a single window with multiple panes. This is the front end tool that Google would have designed if it had done a better job of understanding how its products were used in the real world, i.e. multiple services across multiple accounts, combined with frequent use of other apps. The only problem I have had is that they frequently update the product, and one update became incompatible with my older MacOS. But the support people were super helpful, and within a week or so they had come up with a patch to fix things. At this point, Shift has become a more important tool in my online activities than Google Chrome, and that says a lot.

Pluspunten: - intuitive, simple user interface
- ability to control multiple accounts in multiple apps without signing in and out
- seamless integration with Google mail, drive and other services
- ability to add practically any app that I might use
- works on both my WIndows and Mac devices

Minpunten: - would like a little more flexibility to customize the gmail interface
- have had a couple of issues with newer upgrades not working with my older MacOS

Love your Product, Except

Christopher L.
Sr Vulnerability Manager
Farmaceutica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I do not need to have multiple applications open to find out what is going on, Social Media, Email, internal SLACK, School applications, webhooks, git hub all in one location means that I have only a single

Pluspunten: Ease of use, simple. I love having all my social media sites, emails, Cloud Locations in one place. The add-ons for all the tabs really helps. I like that I do not have to have all my browser windows open.

Minpunten: At the start before the update in July 2019, MS Teams worked really well. NOW, it does not work and locks up the application completely, to the point that I have no choice but to remove it from my shift. The lack of 64 Client is also an issue, I am sure with an i9 CPU processor the use of more than a 32-bit application has its limitations. But, I wish it would use more of the active CPU usage so that I can utilize this.

van Redbrick Technologies op 10-1-2020

Thank you for the review! We're very happy to hear you love having multiple apps in one location in Shift. Are you still having an issue with MS Teams? If so, our support team would love to hear from you: https://support.tryshift.com/new.

Shift Review- Nice but room for improvement

Damon K.
Business Analyst
Overheidsadministratie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been used daily so it has to be pretty good. I experienced some bugs in browsing on the reddit extension and customer service was helpful and prompt but it still doesnt handle tons of loaded content as well as a browser.

Pluspunten: Nice to have a place separate than browser to keep primary correspondence/instant messaging apps... both because it means that my browser does not need to be logged in and because I don't have to log into individual accounts. I like that you have the ability to open links externally and that apps maintain full functionality within the tool.

Minpunten: Some of these are particular to me, but I will start with the general stuff: - Design related... Would be nice to have a bit more customization around themes/colors/size of tabs/placement of tabs. Also the "+" button under the email accounts is a bit distracting and not necessary since I don't often add new email accounts, and often click on it accidentally. Also would be nice to be able to order your email accounts and other accounts without having to keep the primary accounts at the top and the others at the bottom... this also makes it very space inefficient since there is a big blank space between them. -Features... Not sure if this is possible given the amount of apps you plug into, but a mobile version would make this much more worth the money- frankly a game changer. Additional microsoft services would be nice... excel online (I know I can do this in the browser from the email but separate would be cool)

Shift is an amazing time saver!

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Justin D.
Artist Management/Consulting
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I own a recording studio and I also run an artist management and consulting company. So I generally have a ton of emails that I have to keep up with as well as utilize a lot of applications and plugins with them like Hubspot and Grammarly and a ton of other programs like Gchat, asana, Buffer, Slack and a ton of others. So being able to see everything at a quick glace has been an enormous time-saver for me! It is something that I have up every day and is basically the core of my workflow. I've recommended it to several other people in my industry and show it off as often as I can. Now that I've joined the referral program, I'm really gonna try and show it to as many people as I can. Time is money in my line of work so I know if it is able to make me more efficient, then it can help just about any entrepreneur

Pluspunten: I love that it allows me to have all of my emails and main applications that I use on a daily basis right there in one easy window where I can easily see any notifications. Giving me that quick glance of everything saves me a ton of time. I really love the all email search feature. Running a few businesses makes it hard sometimes to remember which email sent which item so that helps me track stuff down very quickly.

Minpunten: I know at least for me. Running a MacBook on 10.13.6 with great specs, it still seems to be a heavy resource hog. But I am using a ton of the applications and integrations with it. It does tend to log me out of several of my email account every few days for some reason. But I am unsure if that is a specific Shift thing or something to do with Gmail.

Work Every Penny!

Sara T.
Graphic Artist
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift helps me just jump into whatever I need, FAST. At any given moment as a small business owner who has at least 20 different things going at once Shift helps me get it done. I could go on and on about the individual uses I get out of Shift. When you run everything on your own you need all the help you can get.

Pluspunten: It's all right there. No opening and accidentally closing browser tabs, no hunting down bookmarks or even wasting a few second typing the beginning of a website to get where you need to be. I manage multiple email accounts and use several different applications to communicate with clients and manage my business. Time is something I can never get more of so when it comes to tools and saving time even as a small business owner Shift is extremely valuable to me. Between the extensive collection of apps and browser extensions, everything is right at my fingertips. Just a few seconds can really add up over a day/month/year... It's worth EVERY single penny to me!

Minpunten: I don't have many complaints about Shift except the short lag getting notifications through my Gmail accounts. I will get a ding on my phone before I get a ding in Shift. It's minor but that is the only thing I can think of that really would be anything annoying.

SHIFTed to the Next Level

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Scott M.
Senior Manager, Leadership Coaching Services
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I work with many different clients as a Youth Leadership Education Coach, this means balancing many different GMail accounts. I need them to stay seperate, but access them individually quickly. Shift helps me do that. There are at least six additional applications that I work in every day to manage projects, schedule, documents, finances, etc. All of those are connected within one dashboard by Shift. Having it all in one place helps me stay away from YouTube and other social media (though you can connect those applications to!). I truly feel that my work has elevated because of this tool.

Pluspunten: I LOVE SHIFT!
Given me ease & convenience of having my many email accounts be in one place
Ability to connect my email and project management tools
Navigated the distractions of web browsers, it was too easy to wander over to social media/amazon. Now I can have it within the one tool - including links to google docs/dropbox documents
It really has helped me elevate my efficiency and time management so that I can get more done.

Minpunten: I honestly don't have anything that hold me back because of this tool. Perhaps allowing me to change the background color of the application tiles? I know I can change the color that shows when I hover over the tool but being able to see that color before hovering/clicking could be helpful.

Shift has optimized my life!

Matthew B.
TRIO Advisor
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been incredibly positive. I am looking forward to starting my second year with the membership and fully maximizing the increased efficiency. My peers marvel at how I am able to balance all of the various commitments and work that is required and I owe so much of that to Shift. As someone who works remotely from my co-workers, communication is vital to be effective in my job. With Shift, I am always at the top of my game!

Pluspunten: The ability to manage several accounts and applications simultaneously from one desktop has increased my production dramatically. I serve on several boards and have positions that require monitoring as many as 8 emails. Shift has given me the ability to easily move between accounts and constantly keep my pulse on what is happening in my various roles. I like to operate with maximum efficiency and be very timely with my responses and Shift has allowed me to be at the top of my game at all times.

Minpunten: This is a nitpick, but I am someone who likes to have zero unread emails in my inbox. The hotkey to make an email read is Ctrl + Q. However, that is also the hotkey for closing the application. So I will frequently close out of Shift and have to re-login which is inconvenient. I also find that the logins will frequently expire for emails I do not check daily and it can cause issues where I am not aware that new messages have arrived since the inbox is not updating.

Useful App

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2019
FP&A Analyst
Farmaceutica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).

Minpunten: Shift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.

A Jack of All Trades Application

Ryan C.
Staff Therapist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the ease at which I can switch between my different accounts for any different purpose! It completely changed how I respond to communications, without having to log in and out of different emails. The notifications about which account has a new detail makes it even better! My business also requires the use of multiple forms of communication (e.g., email, text message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram), so to have a service that enables me to access all of those in one application so simply, it's perfect.

Minpunten: My sole frustration with the software is the lack of expediency in addressing bugs. For example, ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina, Shift has encountered numerous issues that I did not previously encounter (e.g., issues with using HTML links in email, applications shutting down) I I'm still waiting for those to be addressed and they won't be for at least another week based on prior experience.

Excellent Product, Awful Support

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019
Entrepreneur
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The product is excellent but I'm extremely disappointed by support. I was offered a free year long trial of the beta version of Premium by a senior member of the team after having buggy experiences earlier on. A few months in I was loving it and planning to upgrade to Premium after the year. However, after a few months, the account was spontaneously downgraded. After almost 2 additional months of back and forth with support, I still didn't have access to the original subscription. The person I was in communication with was friendly and responsive at first, but literally did not acknowledge the nature of the issue and kept asking for the credit card on file (there was none since I never had a paid account). I question whether or not she actually read the emails. Eventually she stopped responding unless I followed up, became less and less friendly, and I finally just deleted the account. I loved the product but felt there was a significant disconnect with customer support that made it impossible to benefit from the Shift in a reliable way. Ultimately, the issues with customer support cost a great deal of time and I lost all of the benefits of streamlined productivity.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, used to be really buggy but has improved significantly
Chrome extensions are now available
So easy to toggle between accounts
Doesn't seem to use a lot of bandwidth

Minpunten: Customer support
Frequent identity verification - but that's probably not within Shift's control

Convenient

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Ally B.
Creator
Evenementenbureaus, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm happy because I'm able to access all of my email accounts and majority of the third party apps/accounts I use on a daily. Saves me time and helps me to work more efficiently since I'm working on multiple things during the day.

Pluspunten: The fact that you are able to connect a lot of other third party apps in one place. I manage a few businesses and have multiple emails and programs I'm in on the daily, it is nice to be able to access majority of them in one place.

Minpunten: Seems like I have had more security issues since having Shift, sometimes the program times out and I have to restart the program, or it takes a little bit longer to open. I use Google Drive a lot and off and on I cannot save from Shift (download Google Docs or docs from email) directly to My Documents. I have to save it to this folder on my C Drive.

van Redbrick Technologies op 10-1-2020

Thanks for the review! We're excited that you're managing multiple emails and programs in one place with Shift. You may have already discovered this, but it is possible to change the download location in Settings > General > Functionality within Shift. You first need to toggle off "Always ask download location" and then click select location. If you're still having issues, feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) so that our team can help you out.

A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2018
COO
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.

Pluspunten: Having a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy.
Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail.
Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now.
The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.

Minpunten: Sometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).

In love at (Second) Sight

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Tatianna H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work.
I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly.
With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

Pluspunten: The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

Minpunten: It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Best Productivity Software Available

Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift allows me to save time during my day by keeping all of my important communication tools, including multiple Gmail accounts, open and accessible without having to switch between accounts in the browser. Staying on top of multiple email accounts and other methods of communication during the day (such as Facebook Messenger and Android Messages) was time consuming and ineffective. But with Shift, it puts it all in once place and is very easy to use!

Pluspunten: Access to multiple Gmail accounts within a single window and no switching accounts. Also love having access to other web applications within a single app as well. Allows you to build out a customized set of web apps to save you time during your day.

Minpunten: To be honest, I have had very few issues with Shift. Google Forms can be a pain sometimes as their don't always want to open in the child windows, but other than that, it just works.

Too many email accounts - this helps!

Elizabeth H.
HS teacher
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

Pluspunten: I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Minpunten: Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)