Overall Shift has been perfect

Carley K.
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I rate this software a B+ / A grade essentially. I am very happy. I have not added in a ton of applications such as evernote, and zoho. I really am just happy with the email aspect part of my day to day.

Pluspunten: I have 5 total emails. 2 of them are office 365. You may ask, why 6. We we are a company that develops strategic relationships with other Marketing Agencies, and we are required part of a white label to communicate part of other teams. Having multiple emails is a crucial part of our operations. Originally I used Kiwi, but Kiwi only supports Gmail / Gsuite accounts. 3 years ago I had everything in outlook, but calendar appoints was horrible. Shift allows me to keep everything in front of my eyes with all email accounts. I am very happy with Shift, and several of our team members use it. if your happy with the Gmail interface, but have multiple email accounts. This software is exactly for you. Look no further, because I spent years trying to find a Windows Based desktop application to manage my emails. Before Shift I have multiple chrome logins and browser tabs open for Gmail. I was missing emails, and everything was out of sorts.

Minpunten: The only issue I see and experience is sometimes having 6 accounts in Shift my emails are about 30 seconds to 60 seconds delaying incoming. Not the end of the world. The other issue, is about 2 times a weeks one or all of the accounts prompt me to re-authenticate. A little bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.

Shift has optimized my life!

Matthew B.
TRIO Advisor
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been incredibly positive. I am looking forward to starting my second year with the membership and fully maximizing the increased efficiency. My peers marvel at how I am able to balance all of the various commitments and work that is required and I owe so much of that to Shift. As someone who works remotely from my co-workers, communication is vital to be effective in my job. With Shift, I am always at the top of my game!

Pluspunten: The ability to manage several accounts and applications simultaneously from one desktop has increased my production dramatically. I serve on several boards and have positions that require monitoring as many as 8 emails. Shift has given me the ability to easily move between accounts and constantly keep my pulse on what is happening in my various roles. I like to operate with maximum efficiency and be very timely with my responses and Shift has allowed me to be at the top of my game at all times.

Minpunten: This is a nitpick, but I am someone who likes to have zero unread emails in my inbox. The hotkey to make an email read is Ctrl + Q. However, that is also the hotkey for closing the application. So I will frequently close out of Shift and have to re-login which is inconvenient. I also find that the logins will frequently expire for emails I do not check daily and it can cause issues where I am not aware that new messages have arrived since the inbox is not updating.

Useful App

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2019
FP&A Analyst
Farmaceutica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).

Minpunten: Shift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.

Love your Product, Except

Christopher L.
Sr Vulnerability Manager
Farmaceutica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I do not need to have multiple applications open to find out what is going on, Social Media, Email, internal SLACK, School applications, webhooks, git hub all in one location means that I have only a single

Pluspunten: Ease of use, simple. I love having all my social media sites, emails, Cloud Locations in one place. The add-ons for all the tabs really helps. I like that I do not have to have all my browser windows open.

Minpunten: At the start before the update in July 2019, MS Teams worked really well. NOW, it does not work and locks up the application completely, to the point that I have no choice but to remove it from my shift. The lack of 64 Client is also an issue, I am sure with an i9 CPU processor the use of more than a 32-bit application has its limitations. But, I wish it would use more of the active CPU usage so that I can utilize this.

A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2018
COO
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.

Pluspunten: Having a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy.
Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail.
Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now.
The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.

Minpunten: Sometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).

In love at (Second) Sight

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Tatianna H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work.
I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly.
With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

Pluspunten: The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

Minpunten: It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Best Productivity Software Available

Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift allows me to save time during my day by keeping all of my important communication tools, including multiple Gmail accounts, open and accessible without having to switch between accounts in the browser. Staying on top of multiple email accounts and other methods of communication during the day (such as Facebook Messenger and Android Messages) was time consuming and ineffective. But with Shift, it puts it all in once place and is very easy to use!

Pluspunten: Access to multiple Gmail accounts within a single window and no switching accounts. Also love having access to other web applications within a single app as well. Allows you to build out a customized set of web apps to save you time during your day.

Minpunten: To be honest, I have had very few issues with Shift. Google Forms can be a pain sometimes as their don't always want to open in the child windows, but other than that, it just works.

Too many email accounts - this helps!

Elizabeth H.
HS teacher
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

Pluspunten: I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Minpunten: Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)

Keeps all my work programs in one window!

Sierra H.
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I genuinely love using this program. I'm one of those people who keeps taps & windows open, and I was losing my freaking mind before I found Shift. Being able to keep all of my work stuff organized in one program has been a game changer for me!

Pluspunten: I love that you can have multiples of the same app saved on the sidebar for multiple accounts. Also, I leave Shift open for a couple of weeks at a time & it has never force-closed on me for an update (this is a huge one for me).

Minpunten: Some of my apps will sign me out after idle time (which is fine & makes sense), but Shift doesn't fill form usernames when I go to sign back in. Or even having the option to save my password in that app would be nice. Sounds like a small thing, but I have long email handles and those few seconds add up over time. Google Voice - when Shift is open & I receive a Voice call, it would be great if some kind of notification popped up that would take me to the call. By the time I get to the Voice App (and have to sign in for the third time), I've missed the call.

Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Joel daniel H.
Executive Dreamer
Denktanks, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: If you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.

Minpunten: Once I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.

Review for Shift

Jesse H.
Mobilization Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Pluspunten: Love having everything I need in one place. Easy to switch between accounts.

Minpunten: Hate that it signs out of my accounts so often. Constantly having to reload. A few bugs and some apps not working properly, like Buffer.

Shift saves me a lot of time daily

Director, Technical Services
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For historial reasosn, I have several G Suite and Google accounts that I need to access every day. Shift greatly simplifies that task, and the gloabl search function can't be matched with a web browser clien.

Pluspunten: All of my G Suite and Google accounts can be accessed from one screen. It saves so much time. The integartion of other accounts such as Twietter, Facebook, and LinkedIn is also quite helpful. I don't have to keep checking a bunch of tabs on a web browser to see if I have notifications.

Minpunten: I don't really have any major complaints. Occasionally I'm required to login in again, which seems to be random.

One program to rule them all!

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018
IT Technical Specialist II
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We originally used Shift so that we can access multiple Google accounts for our company in one program without having to switch accounts in Google Chrome. Shift did such a great job we also use it for accessing many of our web apps. This works great on a Mac as its easy to access multiple web apps with only having one window open!

Pluspunten: Shift has been a great tool for accessing several of our programs and accounts! The ability to access several web apps in one portal is very efficient and makes it easy to add multiple accounts. Shift is much more than a client for Gmail. It can access a wide variety of web apps and services. Notifications are easy to see and makes it easy to swap back and forth quickly between apps.

Minpunten: Lack of an admin portal to manage licensing and users of the group account.

A must have for productive teams

Abel M.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a digital marketer that switches between apps all day long. This has allowed me to have all of those things in one dashboard saving me tons of time and headache. I also use it for work and we have a very outdated internal management system that we use and because of it's versatility we are considering using it to bring all of the apps that we would need to replace our current system.

Pluspunten: The software is intuitive and easy to use and allows me to have almost all of the programs that I regularly use all in one place. It's so helpful that I've found myself looking to see what programs integrate with it before purchasing them.

Minpunten: There isn't anything to dislike about the software. The only negative thing that I could say is that when I originally purchased it some of the programs were a little buggy but they've fixed those issues and I haven't had any issues for months.

Game Changer

James H.
Casting Director
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shift truly is a game-changer. At any given time I've got 3 personal/professional emails, plus show specific emails. Many of them are paid GSuite accounts, but many aren't. The ability to manage several emails and drives without having to sign in/out truly saves hours of time and headaches per project. Being able to add in apps like Dropbox and Spotify is next level. It almost feels like I have a separate, simple operating system.

Minpunten: Aside from a few glitches that get quickly patched, I have no complaints.

Excellent professional or even personal work oriented application

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Jordan M.
Real Estate Agent, Owner
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: By utilizing Shift I am maximizing efficiency, eliminating redundancy, and turning my workstation use into a power user platform with its ease of functionality and organization. i never miss a beat.

Pluspunten: Shift is what I call sort of an Iphone or Android app for PC. It collects all of your most used applications, websites and programs for easy access in one clean and efficient user interface. it makes your pc or mac as easy to use as an Iphone. My efficiency has gone through the roof since utilizin this application.

Minpunten: There is little negative about this software. I suppose more integrations would always be nice but that is hardly a downside. It's more of, "it would be nice for this app to do this or that, but you can only get so much utility for the money!

Stay Organized

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Business Intelligence Developer
Vastgoed, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shift is an outstanding tool for busy professionals to stay organized and maintain different accounts within one platform. It supports various email providers, as well as dozens, if not hundreds of applications. The dashboard is easy to use and it lets you pick from a few templates and color schemes.
I used Shift to stay connected to a few email accounts that I use and it helps me centralize everything within one application. Overall, I am happy with its performance.

Minpunten: The only thing that I do not like as much about Shift is the pricing. Even though they offer a few tiers for its users, I think it is somewhat expensive.

Using shift has been amazing. It is seamless in its design and allows me to manage multiple inboxes

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2018
Sailaja n. J.
CEO and Founder
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It saves so much time and is really incredibly easy to use

Pluspunten: That it integrates with a wide variety of software, messaging apps and more. I love that i can easily toggle between multiple email identities as well as messaging apps. I haven't tried some of the more recent additions, but am excited to.

Minpunten: It's still a little bit of a clunky UI and I wish there were more app integrations (like airtable). I also wish I could visually customize the appearance a bit more.

Surprised at how much I like it. Price is still a bit steep, however.

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018
Greg J.
Digital Strategy Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift has made me more efficient and helped me limit the number of tabs and desktop apps I leave open at any given time. I've thoroughly enjoyed using the software and think there are some really unique features to it, but the price tag is going to be prohibitive to some.

Pluspunten: I love how simple Shift has made it for me to switch back and forth between some of my most important apps (email, Slack, Hootsuite, Trello, etc.). It's intuitive enough that I caught on quickly to everything it offered, and I appreciate having one go-to app for everything I need.

Minpunten: The pricing for the "premium" version is pretty steep for the concept of this software. While I get a lot of value out of it, I'm not 100% sure if I'll re-up on my subscription at the end of it simply because I got 50% off to start out. Moreover, it's important to note that while this is an extremely useful program, it's essentially just a container that opens up the web/progressive web app versions of whatever service you're using. With that in mind, it's ultimately just a replacement for leaving a web browser open with your key tabs. Whether or not that's worth the hefty price tag is ultimately up to you.

Best tool I didn't know I needed

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2019
Rachel G.
Process & Priorities Consultant
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: You will save time you didn't know you can get back. It's a game-changer, particularly for contract and freelance workers who have so many accounts.

Pluspunten: Having everything in one app has been a game-changer. I use multiple GSuite accounts, 5+ Slack Workspaces, Evernote, ClickUp for project management, Toggl to track time - all of these apps running on my computer made it really slow and I didn't realize how much time I spent navigating around everything. Shift conveniently puts everything in 1 place and has saved me so much time I didn't know I could get back.

Minpunten: I do run a lot in it, but 1-2 times a day I have to reload the entire app because it's glitching and won't save properly (I've never lost anything because I realize it super fast, but still annoying)

Shift attends to all of my needs

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2019
Michael W.
Freelance
Research, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shift, overall, has made juggling my various business and work obligations as a freelancer/self-employed seamless, easy, and integrated. I

Pluspunten: I deeply appreciate the integrated functionality with Google. Being able to seamlessly switch between my various Google accounts for work makes it super easy for me. Rather than having to navigate multiple tabs, I can see them all quickly, and easily, on my sidebar. I also appreciate that the other apps I use like WhatsApp, Slack, and Harvest, all integrate into the platform, improving my productivity and reducing stress.

Minpunten: The only thing I don't like is that I will have to grant permission to Shift for my google accounts, regularly. If there is a way to fix that, it would be great to know as it is a nuisance.

Best way to organize multiple email accounts

Stephanie S.
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The ability to track all the email accounts and the extra widgets to help optimize and save time most definitely work. We went through many email management systems before finding shift and shift has been a life saver. With the extra tools we were also able to find other services that help optimize our time too.

Pluspunten: The ability to manage multiple inboxes. I currently track 5 inboxes and the ability to track all of them in one place is a huge time saver.

Minpunten: Which there were some apps. We use Sunsa along side of asana that would a good app to add

Can't live without it

Travis J.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It makes my workflow so much more productive having all of the apps that I use each day in one convenient place. It saves me and my team a TON of time each day.

Minpunten: My only issue is Mixmax stopped working on the Stable version of the app and it's still not fixed on that version of their software (but fixed on the Beta version). The Mixmax integration was one of the main reasons that we decided to use Shift and not having it for a while on the Stable version was frustrating. I switched to using the Beta version now and Mixmax is working perfectly on that version.

Extremely Useful!

Solution Consultant
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Super positive experience. I'll continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pluspunten: This tool is extremely helpful. It's my daily mission control. Coordinates all communications (email, sms, etc), evernote, calendars, google drive, etc. It absolutely rocks. And yes, I'm saying this and I still pay for it!

Minpunten: Sometimes I get logged out when updating, but when I log in I get all my apps back. I think this is great.

Software Is fantastic, for the most part

Cole C.
Chief Operating Officer
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have too many forms of communication, and not enough screens to utilize. Then you have the multi-tab problem. It makes it too difficult to manage. This tool helped create a simply solution.

Pluspunten: I love that this thing consolidates all of my emails, crm, and communication channels all in one. This as made life that much easier. Especially people that are using one screen, this is the perfect consolidation tool to use.

Minpunten: I have had some problems with this tool not syncing well with hubspot or boomerrang. I have to constantly restart it in order for these tools to function properly.