Over Google Sheets

Ontworpen om spreadsheets in realtime te creëren, te wijzigen en te delen. Vooraf ontworpen sjablonen, chatten en opmerkingen zijn beschikbaar.

Meer informatie over Google Sheets

Even greater is that since a sheet file can be uploaded in Google Cloud, then sharing the file and having the file available for all tech supports across the university.

Nothing about the software is glaringly bad. I have occasionally had trouble with formatting when I have had to download a Google Sheets document as an Excel file.

Beoordelingen van Google Sheets

Waar voor je geld

Google Sheets heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 12.087 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Google Sheets eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (12.087)

Joseph G.
Joseph G.
Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Great replacement for Excel

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I much prefer Google Sheets over Excel for the cost effective side of the software. The automatic data backup is great and restoring sheets is a breeze. I would highly recommend

It's free to use cloud based software that offers basically the same features and functionality as Microsoft Excel. It's been great working in teams as everyone has access and can communicate through Google sheets. All data is automatically backup to our Google account

It is slightly more limited compared to Microsoft Excel, but the basic functions for 99.9% of all business uses are available and work as it should

Gregor T.
Senior Operations Executive in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

For the most part, an excellent platform

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I do so much with Google Sheets! I run a very large volume of payments every week through google sheets, which involves running data from a sheet filled out by other employees through an SQL script, adding this back to my google sheet, and then downloading it as a CSV to process the payment through our portal. On a daily basis, I add data from CSVs derived through SQL to Google Sheets in order to convert the data into something more legible and readable. This may involve linking it to data in other sheets through VLookups, or creating graphs of my data. I also frequently collate postcodes and locations through Google Sheets and then download the CSV and upload to My Maps in Google Maps to produce a map of pinned locations. I use Google Sheets to manage a calendar of events that are important to our company's demand. I do it to keep lists of employees, customers, bookings and more. I spend almost my entire working day on Google Sheets, working both on my own and collaboratively with my own team and teams in other countries. It's generally excellent!

The thing I like most is the fairly obvious feature - how easy it is for multiple people to edit a document simultaneously, across not only our company, but also with partners. It is fantastic how easy it is to control access to a particular sheet, and that we can integrate this with Slack to facilitate multiple access requests. There is a fantastic array of formulae and functions available within Google Sheets, improved yet further by an impressive selection of add-ons. I feel like every week I find out something new that I can do with sheets! The formulae are generally very clear and easy to understand and the Google Sheets support online helps massively if I ever have an issue. I really like the conditional formatting feature. I really like that I can download a specific tab as a CSV file. I really like being able to carry out VLookups across multiple sheets. The Concatenate function is immensely helpful. Honestly I could go on forever - Google Sheets is fantastic!

I really have very few complaints about Google Sheets. Occasionally, sheets can become slightly glitchy when I edit a formula, but it's ok. It's annoying that columns have to be in the correct order for a VLookup function to work - this really confused me for a while and continues to occasionally cause some frustrations. I would like a duplicate checker to be more easy to implement. Finally, I also find that Google Sheets glitches a lot around the 'format' section. I often have to manually change plain text to 'number', and then the settings to 'Germany' in order for the formatting to be correct when uploading details of payments stored in Google Sheets, but every single time I do this there is some form of glitch, with not all data points immediately becoming of German formatting, and then it appears to be a fairly random process of repeatedly changing the formatting to plain text and back until all of them seem to become German format (e.g. 1,00). I really don't understand what's happening so I usually have to revert to doing this manually. I would also like to be able to do a reverse concatenate/split based on the number of characters, rather than some defining character like a comma.

Einat M.
Director of Supply Chain in Israël
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers

Not good enough replacement to Excel

3 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to share files between multiple users

Many functions that exist in Excel are missing here. If you need to use relatively complicated functions - it won't be easy to do it with Google sheets

Lindsay W.
Owner in VS
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A better and more cost-efficient option to Excel

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We use Sheets daily to track inventory, track incoming-outgoing orders, as well as general organization.

Google Sheets functions almost exactly like Excel for a fraction of the price. The best part is that Sheets is sharable and multiple users can update in real-time.

A few formulas differ from those of Excel, but not a deal breaker.

Eddie L.
CEO in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Most convenient and universal spreadsheet platform, great product evolution

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: All prior advantages other spreadsheet programs had like more robust formulas and being able to edit locally have now been incorporated into Google Sheets as well so Google Sheets is the leader. The collaboration among Google Sheets is the easiest of all platform since everyone already has Google accounts and the links are easily sharable where everyone can edit the document at the same time.

Real-time collaboration with any number of peers, built-in chat, easy access from other Google Workspace products as a new feature.

Very few issues, Google Sheets can be accessed locally now as well even without internet. All prior issues with complexity of formulas have been solved now as well, Google Sheets is great.

Clark R.
Marketing Manager in VS
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers

Best part of the Google Worksapce

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Good, it meets our organizations needs with room to spare.

Sheets are effectively the same as Microsofts Excel, but lacking some of the more extensive functionality the power users would won't from Excel. For 90% of users, Sheets is perfect for personal and professional work.

As mentioned some of the more complex filtering and scripting in Excel is not present in Sheets, but for most users that will not be a problem.

Julia E.
architectural designer in VS
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

My Go-To Spreadsheet Software

5 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

Very easy to collaborate with others, accessible anywhere from any computer, can export to other spreadsheet software such as Excel

No specific dislikes about this software.

Derek P.
Derek P.
Author in VS
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

Free and Effective

5 2 maanden geleden

Google Sheets is a free alternative to Microsoft Excel and other database and sheets programs. It does exactly what you need it to do, and it's integrated into the rest of the Google platform. It also integrates into hundreds of other free online programs, including app-connecting software like Zapier and KonnectzIt. It's fast, easy to use, and near limitless.

There's not much to complain about with Google Sheets. They've poured a lot of money into it, and it does everything a casual user like myself could want.

Julie T.
Student in VS
E-learning, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

So easy to use! User-Friendly and Student Friendly!

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

So many customization features, even compared to its competitors. What I like the best about Google Sheets is that it is contained within your Google Drive, which is another extremely useful feature. Auto-Saves as long as you have Wifi and is completely free to use. Software is easy to get used to and easy to navigate.

Nothing at all! I use Google Slides frequently and prefer Google Slides.

Founder in India
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Best alternative to Microsoft Excel.

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We have done automation ranging from sending automated emails from Gmail to creating PDF files from G Sheets to Connecting it with external platforms via API. It's very powerful.

It's completely online. So, all the automation works even when the system is not ON, unlike Excel.

At times can get really complicated because of Google's policy.

Marisa T.
Marisa T.
Marketing Manager in Australië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Online Spreadsheets for Everyone

4 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Google sheets for collaboration and to manage financial records for our business. It is simple and easy to use BUT can become less intuitive when you want to start to use it for complex calculations.

I love to be able to share and still control who has access to my Google sheets. Collaboration is a huge plus but it also has the chance to lose data because someone from the team deletes an important cell. The ability to easily export to xlsx or pdf files is a plus for sure. Comments are very helpful to manage collaboration.

Complex calculations/formulas can be limited sometimes. Add-ons are available but some of them are costly. After using Excel sheets for a while, some of the functions are overly complicated. You should use Excel if you need complex graphs to illustrate your presentation.

Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.
External platforms Specialist in Panama
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A complete worksheet solution with polished sharing features

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Google Sheets offers rock-solid collaboration tools. Since my organization lives inside Google Workspace this is critical. We do not miss Excel, nor the additional cost.

Google Sheets is a robust worksheet software that can do 95% of what the average user will expect from Excel and other competitors. The formulas work about the same, therefore the learning curve is not steep. The sharing features are polished and very granular, allowing you to share at different levels depending on your needs. This is understandably robust, as Google practically invented the collaboration features in productivity software. Other pros are automatic saving of files, constant improvement of the app, an increasing set of "add-ons" from external providers.

The apps for Android phones and IOS are lacking a lot. Over Ipad, for example, I almost always find myself going back to my laptop.

CFO in Canada
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect Alternative to the Status Quo

5 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a fantastic platform. It can be accessed anywhere from and desktop or any mobile device and it uses all of the functions that you're used to. The experience is fantastic. We use it every day and it goes well beyond simple spreadsheet work. In fact, we used it to build our business intelligence dashboard. I have many positive things to say about it. If only it could use less RAM it would be golden!

The best part of this software is two-fold. Firstly it has all of the formulas and tricks that you're used to with MS excel, plus additional really cool things (like being able to pull in from exterior sources). But secondly, it can all be done live while collaborating with others.

The only struggle with this product is that it chews up RAM like nothing else. Most google products just devour RAM.

Winfield M.
Freelancer in Zuid-Afrika
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Google Sheets Review

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Excellent for novices and for organizing simple data. When used by numerous people to achieve a work deadline, it's fantastic. There's no need to be concerned about forgetting to push the Save Button. It's one of my favorite tools.

A very useful tool especially for those who has limited or no space on their devices (like Laptops, PCs, Tablets, Phones, etc). Google Sheets stands out from Excel due to its outstanding collaboration capabilities. Since it is hosted in the cloud and has a user-friendly design, Google Sheets is simple to access and manage. Creating, updating, saving a spreadsheet or sharing a spreadsheet with Google Sheets requires relatively little effort and no expertise. There will be no congestion or confusion if multiple individuals work on the same spreadsheet at the same time. You can even use numerous devices at the same time to access the spreadsheet from your account. Data is backed up and without need of worrying if it will be lost. If you happen to lose internet connectivity or  somewhere with limited connectivity, you may still access it offline. Users may choose who to modify and who not to modify on shared spreadsheet.

In comparison to Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets has limited formatting options. Formulas in Google Sheets are insufficient for complex accounting and bookkeeping. If you lose your Google Sheets login credentials, it might constitute a security breach at work if they fall into the wrong hands. You can end up losing some important work. Otherwise, there are more advantages than disadvantages.

Andy V.
Andy V.
very good for being free in Argentinië
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers

very good for being free

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Google Sheets transformed the way I work collaboratively, moving much of my work from the classic spreadsheets to the free, collaborative online version of G-Sheets. But still, for convenience and ease of use, I have some of my spreadsheets in Excel (synchronized with Google Drive, but that functionality is for a separate review).

The application has several positive aspects, but the first to highlight is that it is free! The comparison always arises between this app and Excel. Google Sheets is more limited than the latter, but it has enough functions to replace Microsoft in low-medium complexity tasks. Something that stands out with respect to the desktop versions of Excel is the possibility of sharing the document and working it between several people simultaneously remotely.

It does not carry the same functionalities or they are not implemented in the same way as in Excel. And let's face it, most of the people who use this application previously used Microsoft on its desktop version. Adapting to tasks other than the simplest requires some work. It is also more limited in terms of functionalities.

Rajesh C.
Rajesh C.
Co-Founder in Bangladesh
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

An Outstanding Cloud Spreadsheet Tool

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with google sheets is quite good. It is faster and smooth and most importantly it’s easy accessibility made me stick with it for a really long time.

I always wonder, I would’ve been stuck somewhere if I didn’t have google sheets. What an excellent tool it is! The first benefit of this tool is it is completely cloud based, so I don’t need to store anything in my computer. And, I can easily access my files literally from anywhere in the world. There are many pre-made templates I can use for my projects. Whether you need to maintain accounts, track budgets, or manage multiple projects, google sheets have everything to help you out. Besides, you can easily import data from other platforms, for example MS excel.

The Google sheets team needs to improve the features and functionality of charts. From my point of view, there are some lacking in the chart features. Specially when it comes to manipulating default charts, you may get fewer options compared to other platforms.

Md azizul H.
Student in Bangladesh
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Google Sheet User Experience

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Google sheets can be used both online and offline. Students can also use it very easily. Freelance data entry is working online income. However, many people spend a lot of money using Google Excel to work very slowly on Google sheets with very few template features and large file share. So, adding the Bashi feature to Google sheets will make it much more popular with people from Microsoft Excel.  Thank You.

• Google sheet is free, so every student uses it easily for his study work.  • Google sheet is run also offline.  • Google sheets can be used anywhere without any internet connection.  • Otherwise, it is used to help earn money from any freelancer to work a data entry job.  • Google sheet formula is very useful for any beginner.

• Google sheet work very slowly for sharing any big data with others.   • The google sheet does not have all the features of Microsoft excel.  • There are very few templates in google sheet.  • The wide range of Google sheets is much less than required.

Bart M.
Bart M.
Founder in België
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Whatever you need from excel, yet easier

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Moving to a cloud based collaboration suite like G Suite including Google Sheets was one of the best decisions we took. We work on projects together, now also on its individual files.

- Muscled yet intuitive: we use it internally for quite some complex data manipulations. Although it looks very simple from a user interface perspective, it has everything on offer that you need using formulas. - Collaboration features: working together in a Google sheets environment is brilliant. It is so easy to share a doc, fire up a google meet call and work together in the same document. - Versioning & auto-save: its an inherent cloud feature, but sooo important. You always have your version at hand when you need it, instead of it being lost on a company server. And going back to a previous version is very easy.

There is little not to like about the solution. Maybe two occasional situations are more cumbersome: - need for a refresh: if you have been working in Sheets for a while, the highlighted cell is selected in a weird way, kind of offset. A refresh helps in that case. - slow with large data sets: although it runs in the cloud, a lot of data still has to be loaded on your screen (I suppose?) so it sometimes shows an error as the tab freezes. Re-opening mostly works in that case.

Lee A.
Lee A.
Entrepreneur in VS
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Free Solution for Spreadsheet Creating and Editing

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use Google Sheet for personal and business stuff and I never had any problems with it and it's my favorite data managing tool now and I like how fast you get to use it and the share option saved my team and me a lot of time.
It's a great alternative for everyone and overall, I'm very happy using it daily.

It's an all-in-one tool and I like how I'm able to create, edit, and manage spreadsheets in one place without the need to have any software installed on my Laptop. I'm using it for creating data spreadsheets for my business and it works great for me and I never had a single problem. The best thing about Google Sheet is I'm able to work on my spreadsheets on any device especially with my phone and I only need my Google account. It's very simple and with a user-friendly interface and also, I really don't need to have a lot of knowledge to deal with Google Sheet and I didn't waste my time learning some of the basics and how to use it, and it has the same formulas other software uses and some extra too and it works great with Google Docs and Slides. Also, I like the autosave option because I don't need to save a file every time I make a change and I also, I love how all my Spreadsheets are saved in the cloud in Google Drive automatically and this allowed me to save a lot of time and stop worrying about losing my files. I can edit my files even I'm offline and after connecting to the internet it updates all the changes automatically. I can share all the Spreadsheets I want with my team, and they can see it and edit it too and this is amazing especially for my business because we needed this kind of platform without the need to install any software on all company computers. Using Google Sheets allows us to be able to work on the same file at the same time without any problems.

I wish they can add more formats and formulas to this amazing tool in the future. Sometimes when I have an Excel file and I open it with Google Sheet I lose some formats and the data gets missed up. But, after all, Google has done an excellent job allowing us to use this tool for free and I hope they will keep updating it in the future.

Boris T.
Manager in Kroatië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A spreadsheet powerhouse - free and simple

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Being free, Google Sheets are an amazing service that helped us lower our costs and retain the same level of efficiency. Thankfully, as we do not need advanced spreadsheet capabilities, using Google Sheets as the alternative to Excel was a very easy switch to accomplish. Now we are fully converted and we're losing less time when collaborating. I can only recommend Google Sheets as a great substitute for Excel and other similar products.

Google Sheets is easy to use. It comes with most features that make Microsoft products interesting and, with years of using Excel, Sheets is just a change of skin. I love how I can use sheets to collect data from various projects, like the little cheese maturation measuring device we are currently working on. I am also a big fan of the collaboration features which mean we no longer send files via email when we collaborate. That leads to less chance of losing work in accidental overwrites. Google also keeps all of our files versioned, so in case of a mishap, we can always roll back.

Advanced features are way under what Microsoft offers. Macros, advanced conditional formatting, and even importing some files becomes a chore.

Josh C.
Owner in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Amazing free option for spreadsheets

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It is super comparable to excel and it is totally free and easy to share the doc with others in your google drive for editing.

Google sheets is free so how can you not like it. It seems to do everything that Microsoft excel does plus it integrates with some other things I have. If you need a spreadsheet software use Sheets instead of paying for excel. I have done full budgets and even made a very simple payroll system off of it that calculates everything.

I had used excel in the past so really the only thing was there was a little curve getting to know it and know how it was different than excel. Really the only thing that annoys me is that when you sum stuff it doesn't automatically try to find the numbers to be summed so you have to drag it.

Diego G.
Diego G.
Owner in Brazilië
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Work with Sheets anywhere

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It's very useful to work with numbers and text.
I use it to make Google Ads keyword combinations and much more and upload it to Google Ads.
It's very nice to get a online xml feed and put it in a sheet in an easy way.

You can work anywhere, it's fast and reliable (don't loose your work because the internet is down). You can use it with data from online sources, like xml, csv and others. Have a very good API, you can automate many process from your computer, smartphone or cloud. You can use Google Scripts to increment your formulas. It's free, with all features. You can share (and work at same time with other people) your sheets in a easy way.

Could be slower in case of many data and complex formulas. Do not have a good support (I think it only have online forums).

Ian P.
Co-Founder/Content Guy in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Google Sheets for the rest of us

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The simplicity in Google Sheets is that you can use basic spreadsheet functions so easily. Since that is what I and my company do, it is preferred to Excel.

This has many features like Excel and it is similar in its ease of use. It is intuitive and if you have some spreadsheet experience, Google Sheets should be relatively easy to use. I also find since there are millions of users, anything you're trying to do or want to do has probably been tried before and if there is a solution, there are probably multiple areas of content available. If you're working with the Google Suite of applications, then the ease of use is so much better because Sheets integrates so well with the other apps in the Suite. It's cloud-based like approach is much easier on disk space, memory and speed.

As someone who worked with Excel for years, I felt some of the functions and formulas didn't work as seamlessly, but that may be because I was an Excel user. Some things are going to be different. If you're doing major financial data work, Sheets may not be the best fit. The formatting features in Excel are far superior.

Johana G.
Logisctics Coordinator in VS
Meubels, 11-50 werknemers

Experience as Google sheets user for logistics

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My experience with Google sheets overall has been great. The efficiency of this software is at a very high level. It has the same functions as Excel and Word, and it's very easy to export any file as well. I would recommend any company to have this software since it's very easy to share the sheets and control who can exclusively look and edit them. In conclusion, this software is fast, efficient, and reliable.

It is very user friendly. This software usually loads pretty fast, it saves all your changes automatically, and it works just like the Office software, with the exception on the higher expenses and the longer loading time that office tends to have. I use this software daily to keep track of our orders and create multiple reports. It doesn't really matter how many windows or how long my reports are, the software is consistent and efficient.

This software is great, but it can get a little difficult when the internet connection is not great. It won't save your sheets as often or fast, and it basically won't work. Sometimes it can get tricky when you have too many columns or you just want to move columns around on xlx files, but that happens with office too and is not a big deal.

Summer A.
Animal Transport specialist in Koeweit
Import en export, 2-10 werknemers

Very inexpensive way to do schedules, accounts etc across non compliant devices

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use Google sheets to lay out everything that needs doing per client per date so that I can quickly keep track of what needs doing & when. I use different colours for different meanings and different sheets for completed work, years & accounting. Basically anytime I need to store raw data this is how I would do it.

One of the best features is the fact that I can work on it off line and then it automatically updates when I am online. It also means that I can access my documents from anywhere and any device as long as I can log into google safely, whether it is android, iphone or imac. This is very important for me as I often have to be working "light" as in with only my phone on me, but I am still able to access all my data, which is really important. Feature wise, as far as I can tell it is the same as the Excel suite across platforms. The most important feature for me is that it is compatible on both the imac and android phones. As I work off both interchangeably, using excel for Mac does not work on an android phone and this really messes me up. So Google sheets is a safe alternative for me that does not give me any issues on either device.

Honestly, I do not have an issue with it. It does what I need it to do. If I have issues I suspect it is more user error / lack of knowledge rather than a problem with sheets.