LogMeIn Central reviews

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over LogMeIn Central

Vereenvoudigd eindpuntbeheer voor desktops, servers en mobiele laptops.

Meer informatie over LogMeIn Central

309 reviews worden weergegeven

Jeff E.
Jeff E.
ERP Software Implementation Specialist in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Perfect for Workstation Management!

5 vorig jaar

Comments: I've used LogMeIn Central to manage user workstations across the networks of two manufacturing companies that I've worked for as the IT Administrator. I've also used Central to manage windows-based Digital Signage computers; both with great success!

Pros:

I use LogMeIn Central to manage all of the user workstations within my organization. This allows me to remote into any user computer to help with troubleshooting, and to do a number of other management functions (ie, monitor hardware, software, anti-virus status, etc). I can also get specific hardware information (ie, graphic card or CPU model) using the Inventory functionality about any workstation in my Central Account. The Central Management Console allows me to see all of my user workstations, group them, setup notifications based on specific criteria (RAM or CPU utilization, new software installs, etc). There's also a File Manager where I can move or copy files from my workstation to the end users. There is a lot of functionality for managing updates, running scripts, etc, that I do not use.

Cons:

LogMeIn Central requires you to at least pay for a minimum of 25 workstations / installations, whether you use them or not, as this is a business-class product.

Darell B.
Owner in VS
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Log Me In Central A Great Choice For Remote Support

5 vorig jaar

Comments: I have been using the Central Module for years it allows you to put computers in groups to easily identify your customers computers. Also alerts are set to notify you of Windows updates and antivirus software that is outdated on each computer.

Pros:

Log Me In Central has been my go to remote repair tool for my customers. The software is secure easy to use and is loaded with features.

Cons:

The pricing a little high to add features it costs to use but every feature is very useful for your business

Robert G.
Managing Member in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

LogMeIn used to be great and now it way to expensive

5 3 weken geleden New

Comments: Horrible way to expensive and they increase the price every year

Pros:

Easy to set up and use. Anyone can understand how to deploy it.

Cons:

Super expensive. We were a early adopter and we used it on over 200 PC's for remote support. Orginally it was free.. We realize that's unrealistic. Every year they double the price. We stopped using them when our bill was going to be over $2500. Started using Splashtop which is a fraction of the price and is way better.

Jax W.
Solutions Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Never Really Worked Reliably

2 3 jaar geleden

Comments: We have maybe 2500 computers we need to have irregular access to. I would say 50% of the time, the computer we would try to access would need to be restarted, have an unfixable black screen remotely, or just not connect due to a LogMeIn client issue. When it worked, it was great, but when you often have to take action or go on site to get your remote software working, it's just not worth it. Support was horribly unhelpful and just suggested updates, which in the long run did not help since issues would reoccur and getting access to update them would require being physically present at the computer, ruining the purpose of this remote access software.

Pros:

It allowed us to access thousands of devices and keep them organized.

Cons:

Devices would either connect with a black screen, or just not show up on the list at all. Visiting my remote computers in person would show the computer started normally, but LogMeIn decided to run but just not connect. Just one click in the LMI Control Panel would make it reconnect. Not polling for a good connection after restart is just bad design, and support consistently told me to just update to the latest version, but through 3 years of experiencing this problem. The black screen issue wasn't resolved either.

IT Manager in VS
Entertainment, 201-500 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Great program but way to expensive

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: We started with LogMeIn when it was a free service and purchased a volume license since we had about 70 computers to use LogMeIn for tech support. However as we grew to over 120 computers the annual license fee grew much faster to were it no longer was worth the cost.

Pros:

The program is very easy to setup and use.

Cons:

The expense of the license fee drove us away and to find comparable software for less than 1/20 the cost.

Loren D.
Chiropractor in VS
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

LogMeIn

4 2 jaar geleden

Comments: LogMein Central has made it easier, faster and more practical to teach and train my staff at different and various times of the day from any location either party is at.

Pros:

LogMeIn makes running a business easier by being able to teach employees pertinent training/information by connecting computers and demonstrating virtually together.

Cons:

Sometimes if an area of one of the participants have a slow or shaky internet connection, it makes it difficult to interact with one another on-line.

Jickson P.
HR Manager in India
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Ideal for Workstation Management!

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: I have been utilizing the Central Module for quite a long time it permits you to place PCs in gatherings to effectively distinguish your clients PCs. Additionally alarms are set to tell you of Windows refreshes and antivirus programming that is obsolete on every PC.

Pros:

Log Me In Central has been my go to distant fix instrument for my clients. The product is secure simple to utilize and is stacked with highlights. We use LogMeIn Central to deal with the entirety of the client workstations inside my association. This permits me to distant into any client PC to assist with investigating, and to do various other administration capacities. I can likewise get explicit equipment data (ie, realistic card or CPU model) utilizing the Inventory usefulness about any workstation in my Central Account. The Central Management Console permits me to see the entirety of my client workstations, bunch them, arrangement warnings dependent on explicit rules (RAM or CPU usage, new programming introduces, and so forth) There's likewise a File Manager where I can move or duplicate records from my workstation to the end clients. There is a ton of usefulness for overseeing refreshes, running contents, and so on, that I don't utilize.

Cons:

LogMeIn Central expects you to in any event pay for at least 25 workstations/establishments, if you use them, as this is a business-class item. This product was more costly than other comparable items. Just installment choice was for 1 year where different items have regularly scheduled installment alternatives. The product didn't offer similar choices like numerous screens that other programming gives. That is a quite enormous thing to miss today when most customers utilize numerous screens and they are inexperienced with hauling things between 1 screen.

Sabrina C.
Sabrina C.
QPP Representative in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Simple, straight forward and organized.

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: There is no way I could do my job without accessing a client's computer. I need to have the time to be able to work remotly and make sure everything is correctly setup. Logmein makes it super easy for me to access their servers and comfortably work there.

Pros:

The thing I like the most, is how easy it is to use Remote Control over other computer or server. It is super safe, and easygoing. All you need is the software and the credentials to the computer you want to log into.

Cons:

For some reason, in some computers the logmein installer would download everytime you need to access another server instead of just opening after it's been installed.

Doug S.
Doug S.
VP of Operations in VS
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

LogMeIn works but it does not provide the same features as other products

4 7 maanden geleden

Comments: Overall we had a good experience with Logmein. We used it for about 10 years with great success but as the customers needs changed, we had to find a product that was more flexible.

Pros:

I liked that you could use the web and use an APP for connecting to computers. I liked that I coudl use my cell phone app to connect when away from my PC. It was intuitive and easy to use

Cons:

This software was more expensive than other similar products. Only payment option was for 1 year where other products have monthly payment options. The software did not offer the same options like multiple screens that other software provides. That is a pretty big item to miss today when most clients use multiple screens and they are not familiar with dragging things between 1 screen.

Stephanie S.
IT Service Desk Manager in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

LogMeIn Saved Us During the Pandemic

5 5 maanden geleden

Comments: We use LogMeIn for every day use as well as when providing a VM for interns or contractors. This way we don't have to give up physical equipment.

Pros:

The ability to access my work PC from any PC. Also, can assign an account and VM to interns and contractors who are not employees so we do not have to send physical machines.

Cons:

Needs to be easier to remote to Mac. We have a few Macs in office and I would like a more seamless way to support them.

Jorge A.
IT Manager in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Great desktop management tool with a few caveats

4 4 jaar geleden

Comments: I was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations.

Pros:

What I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.

Cons:

The biggest drawback in my use is the ability to push Windows updates, Anti-Virus installs and application updates. There is a fairly intuitive panel to push out all the requests but using it is like trying to crochet with space gloves, as you never get a real sense of feedback that the changes you requested are actually being implemented in near-real time. Sometimes the end-users workstations falsely report that they are missing installations that I know they are not, so there is a lot of fiddling with the end-users workstation in order to get it to report to LMI correctly. Also, when you've subscribed to the package that includes anti-virus installs, there is no way to centrally manage the AV, as its provided by a third party.

Muhammad S.
IT Coordinator in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

LogMeIn overall functionality

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails.
If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.

Pros:

Centralized Computer Management. Its a SAAS applicaiton Different login options , taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal. Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Cons:

You can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected. You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing. Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created

Nathan R.
CEO in Mexico
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

5 4 jaar geleden

Comments: This is the one I chose every single time.
I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning.
I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it.
Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has.
Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

Pros:

There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

Cons:

The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version. By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business. They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

Tyler L.
Technical Support Specialist in VS
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.

5 4 jaar geleden

Comments: I can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.

Pros:

It's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page. It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.

Cons:

They are, bar none, the best remote access and support software on the market. This however means that when they raise their prices, which they seem to do every year, you're left to either take it and raise your own prices slightly, or eat the loss. They also seem to have dropped the live chat support feature, as it's always marked "Offline" on the support drop-down even though it's within the posted hours.

Rhett A.
Network Administrator in VS
Medische praktijk, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks.

5 4 jaar geleden

Comments: I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.

Pros:

Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Cons:

The only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)

Vin C.
Vin C.
IT Director in VS
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: Overall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...

Pros:

I am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.

Cons:

I don't like that they eliminated the free version. I also feel they should allow file transfer when you have a Central account.

David F.
Infrastructure Manager in VS
Horeca, 501-1.000 werknemers

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.

Pros:

Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

Cons:

It might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.

Brian S.
IT Supervisor in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Great RDP software

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: LogMeIn has been a great tool. It's a bit on the pricier side, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mobile apps also work really well!

Pros:

This product works really well. It's really good at adapting to internet speeds, and it truly feels like you are sitting in front of the computer that you're trying to control. All of the restart options are also really nice.

Cons:

Sometimes it's hard after restarting to know if it will turn back on or not. Lots of sitting around waiting anxiously.

Chris J.
IT Admin in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.

Pros:

LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Cons:

The cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.

Paul R.
Lead IT Tech in VS
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers

Our use with LMI/Central

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

Pros:

We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Cons:

Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.

Dan G.
COO in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.

Pros:

Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Cons:

It's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.

Erika R.
Erika R.
System Administrator in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great product to use

4 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Overall good experience got used to using it and now that we have also started to use connectwise automate have found that the tool has much more options than does LogMeIn. But it gets the job done.

Pros:

I liked that after installing the install package it was easy to access the workstation with proper credentials.

Cons:

The downside to this app is that it won't let you log right in, you have to have the correct credentials. If you try 5 times it'll lock you out for 5 minutes. I ended up in this situation many times and found it a bit frustrating. I understand the security aspect of it. But if we have made a connection with the workstation I would hope that it would recognize that and just allow the connection. Could useda more friendly file transfer.

Network Administator and Consultant in VS
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers

Logmein Central - Go to for supporting customers servers

4 3 jaar geleden

Comments: I use it daily to connect to my customers servers. Overall, we are pleased with it but losing mouse control on a virtual guest is kind of a pain that I wish wouldn't happen. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros:

Easy to use Client, means you don't have to log on through the website everytime. Dual Authenication with secure code texted immediately to your phone.

Cons:

When using it with Microsoft Hyper-V, if you connect the host and then go to a guest within the host, 10% of the time your mouse will stop working and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual guest. Kind of expensive You have to have the advanced version to be able to use file transfer. We found that too expensive for how much we use it so we dropped it.

Robert F.
Administrator in VS
Papier- en bosbouwproducten, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Useful for remote access.

4 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Great for remote access from home or other location.

Pros:

Price is good for small office with limited computers. Works with all browsers that I have tried it with, although some better than others.

Cons:

Not sure if it is caused by browser but sometimes it seems you have to perform additional installs to get it to load even if you have used same computer before.

Software Engineer in VS
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

LogMein Review

4 3 jaar geleden

Comments: Only one business problems have resolved using LogMein and that Is just using the software to get into the remote server of my client and assist in any issues they are having.

Pros:

LogMein is a great vpn connect tool to use to quickly connect to a remote server and secure. LogMein web based application is great, functions and icons for the VPN tool is easy to read.

Cons:

LogMein is proven to be a little challenging for me to use in the last 1 year or so; basically upon going to the web-based application for LogMein initial log in is great but then it will force me to download the LogMein. application directly on my PC, I do not have an option to utilize LogMein from the browser itself; after the download process, i then have to close the browser and start using the App on the PC, which is great but I wish developers for LogMein have a way to notify users about it.