Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Looker

Analyses die iedereen waardeert. Verkennen en delen van gegevens. Rapporten en inzichten voor elke afdeling.

Meer informatie over Looker

I love that you can query right in the Looker platform and quickly add visualizations for the results.

I dislike how long it can take certain reports in Looker to load.

Beoordelingen van Looker

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Looker heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 247 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Looker eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (247)

Director of Analytics in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

The perfect solution for our stage business

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I could not be happier with Looker. My one hesitation in recommending it is that other tools seemed to be able to provide 80% of the value at 20% of the cost, but I've only demoed those tools and not actually used them so I'm not sure if they could actually deliver.

Looker is incredibly easy to use for a casual user, which most of our users are. As soon as your email is activated, you have access to the product and new users need very little direction to start getting value out of it.

Relative to other BI tools, the advanced charting functionality is somewhat limited, but frankly that's not the main reason we bought Looker. Data scientists can use another tool of their choice, we have Looker for people who aren't data scientists.

Tara
Product Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Looker Review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Easy to create dashboards without engineers needing to write code.

Still not very good yet for a multi-tenant embedded environment. Needs a lot of work to set up and the API is slow.

Brandon
Director of SEO in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Great Reporting Software That’s Hard To Use

4,0 2 maanden geleden

The massive amount of data, from many different platforms, can be compiled in many different ways for a great report.

You almost need a PhD in computer science to program the report. Steep learning curve.

Vincent
Vincent
Sr Planning Analyst in VS

Controlled Analytics Exploration

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Like I said, it's a great tool for analysts that don't need a lot of flexibility or maybe just aren't used to working with a lot of data. To get the full value out of this software, you'll need a core group of experienced Data Analysts that can learn fast (to learn Lookers Table Calculation code which is similar to SQL) who can build a bunch of dashboards and views. You really don't want people who aren't savvy with data doing a lot of the creating because measures are always aggregated based on the dimensions you pull into each table...if a user forgets to add a specific dimension then measures could show the wrong value. This could be offset by having really good developers who architect the data in a way that doesn't allow this to happen.

It's a great data exploration tool for users who normally would get anxious when given a large dataset in something like Excel. It's generally simple to use and there can be unlimited Viewers (users at the lowest permissions level) through the enterprise product. Data Visualization is essentially done for you and Exploers (users at the second level of permissions) can build new visualizations & turn them into interactive dashboards. On the Looker platform, Explorers can locate a view (called an Explore) and then are given a list of dimensions and measures they can pull into a table. Users can create new dimensions using calculated fields and then save their views so any users with Viewer permissions (and up) can see what was put together.

With simplicity comes lack of flexibility. More skilled data analysts will want more flexibility than Looker can provide but at the same time you need to have highly skilled Data Analysts to be the Developers (high level of permissions) to set up the data so that less skilled analysts (the users who benefit from Looker most) who are Explorers don't build views that grossly misrepresent the data. My biggest pet peeve with this software as an Explorer is that you cannot make calculations on the base data...only the data that you pull into your table (called table calculations). That is a major feature that Tableau has that Looker does not have at the Explorer permission level. Of course developers can use LookML (Lookers data language) to create a new column...but a Developer license is more expensive and creating the fields take time and it's something you constantly will need.

Haba
Content Manager in Roemenië
Nieuwsbladen, 2-10 werknemers

All metrics in one place

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a great tool for reporting and monitor metrics. I shared my dashboard with colleagues so we can keep our website's data under supervision.

After creating a dashboard with all important data for my website it was very easy to keep track and visualize my websites metrics. I have integrated Analytics, Search Console and Semrush in my main dashboard get a better view over my Business's website, making it very easy to see where I can grow. Sharing the dashboard with my colleagues it was very easy and everybody can keep an eye.

Dashboard setup was a little tricky until I found the exact data I wanted to display.

Jamie
Head of Growth in VK
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best option for first/time dashboard building

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It’s super easy to maintain and update reports - particularly if using some of the direct integrations for Google products (eg Google ads). Also great to be able to pull in data from attribution tools like Ruler Analytics too.

Not necessarily a ‘con’ as such, but your dashboards look as good as you are a designer; I’ve seen some incredible dashboards built by colleagues and peers and also seen some truly terrible ones; the flexibility of the tool means you do need to have a basic grasp of data analysis and visualisation.

Ann
Research Analyst in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Empowering Data-driven Insights

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Looker has an impressive data modeling capabilities which enable the user to create and manage data models effortlessly, empowering its users to derive valuable insights from even the most complex datasets.

While Looker's interface may be user-friendly, unlocking its complete potential may require some learning for new users, particularly to those who are not well-versed in data modeling and analytics principles.

Andrei
Branch Manager in VK
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

All data in Looker

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This is the greatest tool I found for data visualization. I am using it for the website, I have connected all reporting tools in one place and share it with all the departments to track their progress.

Connecting all data sources is very easy and even a non-tech guy can do it. Organizing the dashboard was not a easy task, there are so many options for graphs and charts on the data. Report sharing is phenomenal, after I create it is easy to share it with different departments and each one can see the how they are doing.

The only hard thing for me was how to organize my first page dashboard, wanted all of them there.

Lucien
Head of GTM in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Looker is a powerful BI tool for fast growing businesses

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Looker has significant power with enterprise capabilities enabling us to garner insights and analytics throughout a very complex business. Looker has great capabilities around triggers which is essential for a business like ours handling volume that can vary.

It is not the most user friendly tool and can have performance issues around loading. There are definitely other BI tools that have prioritised UX which helps drive data literacy across our business. With Looker, we've struggled to get non-data people into the tool to really use it as they find it hard to use without significant training.

Andreea
Teacher in Roemenië
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Data visualization

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Looker has been a useful app that I use with pleasure for creating presentations and reports.

I really like Looker because is easy to import data from external sources and organize it the way you like it. Making graphs and charts are is easy with the imported data.

No cons for Looker, everything works good.

Gal
Head of Data in Israël
Programmaontwikkeling, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great BI Tool, easy to use, deploy and manage, both by developers and business users

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It helping us give the business users access to our data models and get business insights.
Our R&D team is monitoring deployment of product using this data.
We are also give customer access to their data (with row level security)

very quick deployment, self serve abilities for the business users are very high. Mediation layer management is very good, it is "Code" based and not setup based so it is very easy to replicate/versioning and find "Hacks" to many needs, and versioning is managed by GIT. Support is amazing, always available.

Still lacking a little bit on the graphic side, Would really love to have some more buildin dynamic graphs.

asad
Data Analyst in Duitsland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use hard to master

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Very easy for Self service BI: Enabled our marketing teams to work directly on data without getting the Data engineering team involved,

There is a lot of room for improvement. Data connectors should be added more.

Justin
Consultant in Canada
Marketing en reclame
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Powerful for the Data Scientist, Friendly for the Business User

4,5 9 jaar geleden

When I first saw Looker (during a long BI evaluation process where we demo'd perhaps 5-10 tools) I knew it was what I had been hoping for in a BI vendor. The ease of dragging dimensions and metrics onto a canvas, the fluid way that you could generate reports, and the simplicity of drilling down into the source data all suggested this was a tool that had been built well from the ground up. Other vendors seemed to trap you into a narrow view of your metrics, but with Looker the only restrictions were the ones built into your data model. It could easily flex to accommodate whatever data you wanted to look at. The LookML language and the way Looker is designed to interact with your data is pretty brilliant. Even a non-data scientist and non-SQL user like me could get the hang of the basics ;) The range of options, the configurability, the flexibility...all aces. Really you only get stuck by your imagination, the tool is powerful enough that you can solve most problems if you have the know-how. The team is also great. Awesome culture, friendly support. They have a continual flow of new features and improvements.

You do need a good BI person or ETL developer to really get the most out of this tool. Setting up your data model really well and going to the outer limits to solve some particularly difficult queries are all things I would have had a hard time doing without technical resources on the team. Of course it's possible Looker helps with a lot of this during implementation; we pretty much controlled our own because we had the folks in house to do it.

Catherine
Catherine
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Data Models, Security, and Amazing Customer Support

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Looker is quickly becoming our go-to for reporting and dashboarding for anything requiring more than one data source (and some that are based on just one). Paired with a kick-ass centralized data warehouse (we use Snowflake), Looker lets us roll things out very quickly (provided our data infrastructure is in good shape). It did take a while to get going with Looker because it lays on top of the existing data infrastructure. Now that we have quite a bit of strong infrastructure in place in our centralized data warehouse, we are able to produce data products in Looker quite quickly.

Provisioning security allows us to control the user experience (and only show users things they would actually care about). This makes a dashboard or data product rollout far smoother. Additionally, the customer support (especially through the chat interface) is absolutely fantastic. Because Looker creates a custom URL for each explore you're working on, you can share with Customer Support your exact problem and work together to find a solution.

Looker Sales told us beforehand that it "writes the most performant SQL possible." I have not found this to be the case, as it often casts and does a few other things (I suspect to make it runnable no matter how you've set up your data). There are some limitations on the visualizations, etc., but Looker Customer Service has been super responsive when those come up.

Internet

We've been using Looker since about an year. Our leadership loves it!

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our business users love the self-serv options that this provides. It drastically cut down the effort our analysts have to spend answering routine questions and allow them to focus more on the value added activities.

Things I like about this product: 1. Ease of use by our users - very intutive 2. Integration with our big data platform and databases. We use ours with Redshift and Aurora and they take most advantage of both systems. 3. Their super awesome customer support - always available chat who are really good at what they are doing. 4. Custom install options along with their hosted solutions. 5. Their whole team is involved with the product and customers top down. Really appreciate their responsiveness and customer-centric approach.

We really don't care about visualizations, but that can use some improvement to those who care. The LDAP integration setup is a pain. It works well once it's all setup. There is no roll-back once a version is installed. Work around is to restore from a backup. Would love to be able to do that as sometimes things don't always work the way we are used to and might require a rollback.

Mary
Analytics in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Great product!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Looker has allowed us to make clean, consistent data for all of our campaigns available across our agency and externally to clients. This has significantly sped up the reporting process and increased the amount of time that we've been able to put into actual analysis. Also appreciate that Looker is constantly adding new functionality, and looking forward to see more chart types and integrations with other sources in the future.

Looker has been a game changer for us. It connects easily to our database and allows internal users to dig into our data and optimize media campaigns without having to write SQL code. The dashboards are easy to create and customize, and the fact that it can be embedded into a website allows us to share with clients without having to mess around with permissions.

Not exactly a con, but we tend to join most of our tables and clean our data in snowflake rather than Looker, so I can't speak to the advanced develop/derived table features.

ryan
SEO manager in VK
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers

Looker review

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: After months of using it you slowly get more confident in the tool which has a tonne of insights if you can filter down to it.

The ability to really deep dive into data and match multiple data sets together to find trend lines.Also the platform being compatible with so many datasets!

It's not the easiest tool to grasp when you first start using it. The ability to view and filter reports from the highest level down to deep niche data should be simplified.

Shannon
SEO Consultant in Spanje
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Incredibly Powerful Analytics Platform

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It's been a refreshing change to see a tool able to visual data so effectively after using competing mainstream analytics programs (Google and Adobe) for so long.

A client uses this analytics software, and I have been consistently impressed with the informative dashboards you can build to really dig deep into your website and app data as a cohesive unit. The depth of analysis, and the graphics to visual the data are far superior to competitors in a lot of ways.

It's not intuitive, and the client's internal analytics team had to set up all of the necessary dashboards because just logging in and poking around is not going to be even remotely enough to understand all Looker can do. It's not laid out in a similar logic as the other mainstream analytics platforms, which means there's a learning curve.

Aleksey
Aleksey
Chief Business Development Officer in Polen
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Great tool for for real-time online dashboards

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I am able to access monthly and daily reports via Looker dashboards, which are linked directly to our backend database. This allows me to monitor our team's performance in real-time and share valuable insights with my colleagues whenever necessary.

It brings me great joy to be able to generate and adjust my own dashboards with ease, thanks to the user-friendly self-service approach.

When you blend data speed seems to go down significantly

Director of Analytics in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Best in class and exactly as advertised

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've had a great experience with Looker, both the product itself and the company supporting it, and I'm very happy with our decision. It's easy to use for both admins and end users, and when we do have an issue there's usually been a

Looker is extremely intuitive and accessible for end users. This has made training and driving adoption across the company a breeze. It has really opened up our data to a huge number of non-technical users. Their customer support is also excellent.

As part of our evaluation we trialed several other providers that I think would have provided about 80% of the value at a dramatically lower cost. For our organization it made sense to go with the best in class, but for a more cost-constrained organization there might be better options out there.

Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A great tool for exploring data

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I user Looker every day​ to create dashboards that I share within the company. At the same time I use Looker to analyze​ data on ad hoc requests

It's really easy to create dashboards and reports. Even though we need to code some things it allows to be really flexible in the way you create and display data.

I had to learn more technical information, the code, and how to work with development and live versions of the models.

Fulfillment Associate in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great Business Intelligence Tool that Makes Business Intelligent

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: From using Looker along with Looker Studio and other integrations, I believe Looker is one of the great BI tools to use for business-related tasks.

Some that I like the most about Looker include:1) Data visualization features that provide better accessibility and features for creators to set up their dashboards2) Very ease of use; features are not too complex to learn3) Multiple integrations that help creators connect their work with Looker in a short period of time4) Simplified displays for better visibility and appeal of data display

Some things that I like least about Looker include:1) Lack of functionality due to product lags2) Limited statistical features3) Integrations sometimes do not work well with Looker because of their limitations i.e. duplicate columns

Balbina
Data Analyst in VK
Sport, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Looker is a very powerful and userfriendly tool

5,0 7 jaar geleden

The models, explores and looks are very easy to navigate once all set up. The SQL runner is a great feature that helps with querying the datasets that are available before diving in and creating explores. Dashboarding and sharing reports are also very easy with Looker. It makes increasing data visibility in the organisation very easy.

The visualisation features have come a long way over the years but sometimes it is still hard to customise visualisations.

Jeniffer
Jeniffer
SEO Specialist in Roemenië
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Effective Marketing Data Analytics System.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Looker is a powerful marketing and project data management software with a very flexible and useful real time data analytics generation.

Looker has a very professional and easy interface to access and the ability to manage multiple marketing channels through Looker functions is excellent. This platform reporting capability is on top and incredible leads management software and very easy to integrate to other platforms.

I have nothing to underline as a problem from the Looker functionalities, and the training when new to the tool is effective.

Aleksandar
Data Analyst in Noord-Macedonië
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers

Easy to use Data Reporting tool

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Looker for all kind of data analysis and reporting needs. We use its dashboard tools to keep track of everything without any difficulties.

Looker offers data reporting tools and options, and it doesn't require deep SQL knowledge. It has a clean and well-organized user interface and helps you create reports and dashboard with only a click of a button. It is very easy to use and you don't have to have any experience with data extrapolation or reporting.

The pricing is somewhat high, but if you are a larger company it might be worth the money.