As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pluspunten: I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Minpunten: I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019
Summer A.
Physical Therapist & Animal transport specialist
Import en export, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Pluspunten: The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Minpunten: If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Pluspunten: Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Minpunten: I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019
Barb S.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

Pluspunten: Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

Minpunten: Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Pluspunten: You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix.
With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc.
It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients.
They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Minpunten: It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website.
The more features you require, the more money you spend.

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019
Matt A.
Video Producer
(Bioscoop)films, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Pluspunten: After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Minpunten: As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

If you need a quick website...

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pluspunten: I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Minpunten: One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Saving Grace

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.

Pluspunten: Truth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly. Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up). I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support. Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.

Minpunten: Nothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.

Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.

Beoordeeld op 24-8-2019
Robert L.
Content Manager
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Pluspunten: Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Minpunten: I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

Great Product But Customer Service Needs Major Revamp

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019
Commercieel vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is that it is great website builder for a basic site. Excellent in fact. You can get a site up in a couple of hours. However, add-ons are very clunky and the technical support is not an option as their agents are not trained or extraordinarily poorly trained.

Pluspunten: What I like most about this software is it's ease of use for high-quality sites. You can set up a one-page site in a couple of hours.

Minpunten: Once you get past the basics and need something more sophisticated, the add-ons are clunky and they offer little to no guidance with many of the support docs not matching what is on the screen. Further, when I've called tech support they've literally had no idea how to help. On one call, the tech didn't know what a hero was, which was shocking and then when I explained, he didn't know how to remove a video. When I asked about it he insisted that there wasn't a video on the site but then I had to explain to him he had to view the published site and not the site in editor. On another call, the tech couldn't connect me with a screenshare after about 17 minutes on the call. I have not once called and received an answer to my support question. Extremely disappointing for the high quality product they have. I still use it but don't bother with tech support. For someone that needs something beyond a basic site, it is a consideration.

Buggy and Lagging

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2019
Rebekah K.
Body Piercing Technician/Owner
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Pluspunten: I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Minpunten: I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of coding

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019
Content Manager and Sales Analyzer at Barato
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix

Pluspunten: Wix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.

Minpunten: Though, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.

Great for artists and start-ups

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2019
Erik P.
Owner / Producer
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Pluspunten: After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Minpunten: My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Reliable Website Builder

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

Pluspunten: There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

Minpunten: I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Wix is my go-to website creator!!

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019
Elizabeth M.
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Wix is AMAZING! I would not change a thing and would not choose to create a website for my clients with any other site.

Pluspunten: Wix is extremely user friendly. Making websites has never been easier... and quick! As a side gig, I create websites for clients; Wix is hands down my go-to platform. You are able to easily choose a template based on what the website is meant for and go from there. You are given something to start with which saves an insane amount of time. Changing the colors, font, layout, photos, etc. is very simple and most importantly user friendly. No matter what type of website I am creating, I will choose to use Wix.

Minpunten: I like everything about Wix, but sometimes when arranging the layout/look of the website for mobile view I have a few problems - nothing major. Once in a while when I make the mobile view look perfect, I will save it and preview it on my actual phone with the temporary wix link. For some weird reason, the layout does not always look the same as it did when I was editing it on the laptop/desktop. I have to go back and forth from the computer to my phone, making sure everything looks correct, is straight, centered and visible. Not a huge problem but it would be great if that was improved!

My great experience with Wix

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Jared S.
Co owner
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

Pluspunten: Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

Minpunten: The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Jacob B.
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pluspunten: Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website.
Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Minpunten: The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting.
The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now.
The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website.
Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

‘site builder for tomorrow’

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pluspunten: with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system.
With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Minpunten: well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Intuitive Website Maker

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Event Photographer
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My experience has been stellar when compared with other websites I have tried in the past. If you are looking for website hosting with quick (2-3 hours) easy to create websites that still feel custom designed, then Wix is definitely edging out the competition.

Pluspunten: The software feels more intuitive and customizable than other website competitors. You can easily have your site up and running within 2-3 hours. The domain sourcing and hosting being included is another advantage over other competitors I was researching, which would of cost me 25-50% more. I have never experienced any down time from the servers being offline either.

Minpunten: The website templates could be expanded to include more options for photographers with better gallery display options. In addition I found that the mobile view option when designing the templates was not always compatible or at least the designs did not always fully translate to mobile the way I was envisioning. Please include a better or more updated mobile website design as most my clients are going to be viewing my website on their phone, not on their laptop.

Wix is were it's at

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2019
Educator, Artist and Writer
Tekstschrijvers, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've worked with Wordpress, Blogger, and Wix. You can't go wrong with Wix. It is a seamless and flexible product that allows users to quickly build a website. You can create a free site but it will have the Wix name in your URL link, but if you are just blogging or wanting to test out this online software then check it out. If you have some background in coding you can build stuff from the ground up, but this software is very organic and offers a lot of customization in its default state. The grab and drop feature is very intuitive and this service offers a lot especially for those who need to create a site or blog quickly or for those who do not have a very strong background in coding.

Pluspunten: The Pros for Wix are many and outnumber the cons, but some of the cons could be detrimental.
One of the best features of this platform is that Wix has a drag and drop feature so you can move icons, widgets, images and so on pretty easily. There are other platforms with a similar feature, but I felt like Wix was a bit more intuitive for me and offered more from other platforms I've worked with. Lots of tools both free and paid for to add to your website. Wix provides a free version, but it's a bit more limited, which many might imagine. There are often promotional and discounted add-ons. Tools and the dashboard are very clean and easy to navigate. It's very easy to transfer a domain name over. Relatively affordable, but of course the platform is more expensive as you upgrade the site.

Minpunten: There are not as many cons for Wix, but the few that exist could make or break this for a lot of people. One area is the price. The free version and entry-level subscriptions are pretty reasonable, but also very limited. Wix offers a lot to customize your site, but if you want a free blog with the ability to customize many of its looks or navigation, Wordpress might be a better choice. Upgrading Wordpress from a blog to a standalone '.com' or '.org' it's much more affordable. So there are cheaper options. That downgrading is a bit of a pain. I took on a promotional upgrade a few years ago and then decided I didn't need the extra features so I tried to downgrade my plan and it was not very simple. While it wasn't a stressful aspect like dealing with At&t or something, I had to contact the customer service.

Wix websites for beginners to experts!

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Scott U.
Senior Quality Analyst
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues. Wix makes making Websites easy!

Pluspunten: I created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site. You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league. Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!

Minpunten: You are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.

Easy to use website template for any use

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018
Sharon B.
Coordinator of Registration
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wix frequently has good sales and promotions on the paid portion of their product. Sign up for their emails to receive these notifications about their specials. Overall, I was super impressed with this free site.

Pluspunten: My Husband and I used Wix for our wedding website. Instead of going with one of the traditional options like the Knot, we decided we wanted something different. Neither one of us had ever created a website before. However, with all the template and easy to use tools we were able to create a beautiful unique looking wedding website. Many of our family and friends commented on how wonderful it looked and were impressed with our website.
I love the fact that we could send out our invitation to our guests by emails and other updates along that way. The best feature about the e-blasts was that we could see how many people had opened the message. Since we were only sending out email invitation (which saved us a couple hundred dollars) it was great to be able to see if someone had not opened the message or received it. This helped us to identify people that we needed to call and let them know we had invited them to our wedding. It was helpful that our guests could RSVP and that information would be collected right by Wix in an easy to view format.
We used the free version of Wix and were able to do everything we needed to do for our wedding site. We used the three free e-blasts to send updates and invitations and even Christmas and Valentines day messages to all our friends and family. Now, 6 months after we have been married, we are still using the shout-outs (e-blasts) to let our friends and family know what we have been up to. Wix is a really user friendly website.

Minpunten: With the free version, you only get a small number of comments on your website. We did not realize this right away. The first week we send out our invitations, we got a bunch of comments on our website and then they stopped. We wondered why they stopped and then eventually a few months later we realized it was because all the free comments were used up. I wish we had been notified about this and could have chosen to pay for the comments just for the 6 months leading up to our wedding.

Wix is My Favorite for Websites!

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, this Wix website site is amazing for bloggers and especially owners of businesses. I can't help but daily brag about this site and how easy it was for me to make one. I enjoy working daily on my websites because it brings inspiration and helps me to navigate my vision.

Pluspunten: Wix is the main platform I use. I have tried many other website making sites and this one is my favorite. Wix gets the job done. I was able to create a few years ago many websites for my company and for my ministry without all of the hassle. The way Wix set everything up I had hundreds of ways to use each tool they had given for my website. The tools to fix up my website aren't complicated or confusing. I hate looking around for hours trying to figure out how to use a website. It is so frustrating and this made my life so much easier. I also like how the Wix website can help you create a blog page. I love to blog, so this was helpful. As, I was working on creating my Wix website I had loads of themes to use and tools. Wix has many options for the free users and for the premium users I noticed. I love how Wix is for all types of careers. People who want to start a small business or musicians. Also, I have noticed they have websites or tools for people who want to sell items. Wix is also useful for graphic designers. I also like how I am able to add photos, images, and website links to my official pages on Wix. I can also add social media symbols to link my social media pages to my Wix.

Minpunten: I really have no dislikes, but I would give a suggestion. I really hope Wix continues to update like they have been doing. I would love to see loads of more themes. They already have so much, but I would love to see more. More wouldn't hurt lol =)

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2018
Ashley P.
Agent Marketing Lead
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pluspunten: Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates.
Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built.
Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately.
Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features.
On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files.
Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site.
Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.)
Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other.
Prices are very reasonable.
Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Minpunten: Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account.
Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out.
Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs.
More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Wix Functionality & Features Review

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018
Christina H.
On-Air Host
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!

Pluspunten: There are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.

Minpunten: There isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration.
The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone.
Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.