Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Wix

Krijg de vrijheid om je eigen verbluffende website voor e-commerce te maken, precies zoals jij het wilt – en helemaal gratis.

Meer informatie over Wix

6.668 reviews worden weergegeven

Kristie K.
Kristie K.
Amazing Video Effects and Graphics! in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect for Service-Related Businesses

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Wix has been my favorite platform to promote my products but in 2021, I decided to switch things up and create a Shopify store with a domain name because Wix was not helping me generate sales at all. It became too pricey, too complicated, and the packages didn't offer discount options during the pandemic, so I had to hire a freelancer from Upwork. The Wix experts never communicated well with me, were slow when providing the service, and did not complete the project.

My favorite part of the software is the videomaking tool. Along with the videos I create, I can post them in a template through Wix and send my newsletters to my subscribers and customers. Wix does a great job of keeping a track of my subscribers and having an organized analytics page. I don't think Wix is disorganized at all. It can be pricey for the different type of services to make my website stand out on Google search, but there are discounts from time to time.

My least favorite part of Wix is how it is weak in sales. I had to create a Shopify store to promote the sales part of my business because Wix is more efficient for service-related companies. When I do use the videomaking feature, there aren't that many video templates to choose from. Instead, I am limited on the template designs. For music, it is endless, but I don't plan to use every type of audio in my videos. The other issue is price. I hired a freelancer from Wix to help me with my SEO and it was $100 for just linking SEO and I thought it was too pricey. I ended up using Upwork to hire someone else to help me promote my products. The freelancers signed up in Wix (also called Experts) are not good with communication and they are too expensive.

Overwogen alternatieven: Enterprise Suite en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I decided to keep Wix but I don't see myself trying to generate sales on there. I have created a Shopify account to generate sales and income while my Wix will be used as a portfolio website. It is just used to generate traffic, not generate sales. The traffic I receive to Wix will be used to generate sales on Shopify.

Irma J.
CEO, Founder and Owner in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Wix is a Journey

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been beneficial having Wix to be a nice platform to advertise my business and market. It is a decent program to you however I just wish that it was better. And if you’re going to charge as much to charge at least have features in applications that actually work.

I like that the Wix is easy to use after an experienced person walks you through how to use the system. I didn’t find it a bit challenging at first with utilizing the features in finding out what I needed in the system to help me make the website best for our businesses needs. It did take about two months for me to really get well accustomed to using wicks his features that I need to use on a regular basis. However there are some features that we’re not available immediately that my business does need to use so I ended up having to purchase another program in order to get what I needed out of it which is more costly in the long run. Because they do not have forms that function well for my schools needs, I had to make more of an investment. It also said that the zoom feature would now work well with wicks. I still have to screenshot a new code every week and send it to our clients for our weekly class for a group sessions.

Zoom integration sucks. There are a lot of things that businesses need to be able to do to be functional and a lot of those things were not available on WIX. It would be nice for weeks to be a lot easier to use even for a new person learning how to use the system. I think that they charge a bit much for utilizing weeks considering all that Wix does not offer and you have to go out of pocket to purchase and do additional work to get what you need.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress en Weebly

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I wanted to test it out and see how well it would work. I also noticed that a lot of website designer’s on five or had a lot more experience on Wix website as opposed to some other websites

Rayan M.
Youtubeur in Frankrijk
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Très bon site et super facile à utilisé pour les e-commerces

3 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: J'adore créé des sites avec wix pour vendre des objets pour mes abonnés YouTube le problèmes c'est que je n'est jamais de clients car ils penses à une arnaque vu que je prenais pas l'option payantes et qu'il y a marquer Wix dans l'url. Certains de mes (anciens) amis en on profité pour m'arnaquer en disant que si je leurs envoient un produits gratuit il pourrait me faire de la visibilités et aux final rien. Ce site à du potentiel on peut faire se qu'on veut dessus mais si on débourse pas d'argent personne ne connaîtra notre site et le verra.

J'aimes beaucoup le fait qu'il y est une possibilités gratuites et ceux à durée indéterminé qui nous permet donc de l'utilisé gratuitement si l'on veut. Tout est à disposition on peut mettre pas mal de choses sur notre site et ceux même avec l'option gratuite, on peut avoir un site plutôt complet. On peut aussi mettre un planning à disposition et on peut aussi créé plusieurs pages qui seront liés chacune les unes aux autres ultra facilement. On peut aussi masquer, démasquer et supprimer certaines pages et articles si on veux les publiés, les améliorés ou tout simplement les supprimés. On peut aussi faires des sites super beau et super instructifs ont peut aussi modifier le fond on peut rajoutés des images personnalisés et on peut choisir si la tva est imposables ou pas sur nos produits on peut aussi faire des frais de livraison différent pour diverses pays. On peut aussi vendre des objets virtuelles tels que des livres, pdf... On peut aussi affiché des compteurs de combiens de gens sont venus sur cette pages des compte à rebours si par exemple si on fait des promotions/réductions. On fixent nous mêmes les prix ont peut aussi faire des achats test voir si tout se passent bien. Ont peut aussi mettre en place des emails automatique pour les boîtes mail. Ont peut aussi en créé pour les gens qui ont abandonné leur panier. On peut mettre un tchat rapide à disposition et plein d'autres options.

Le problèmes le plus importants à mes yeux c'est que pour avoir un url personnalisé sans qu'il y est marquer wix il faut payé pareille pour si l'on veut attiré des clients pour boosté notre site il faut prendre l'offre Wix. Il n'y a pas de période d'essai et quand on veut ouvrir sa boutique en ligne avec 0€ on peut pas. Pareille si on ne veux pas de publicités sur notre site il faut prendre l'offre payantes. Du coup le gros moins de Wix c'est qu'il faut payer obligatoirement pour que sont sites soit vue par des gens et pour avoir plein d'autre possibilité.

Jonathan M.
Business in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple, Easy, fantastic price

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Wix couldn't be simpler and easier to use. It is so affordable, so simple, and yet incredibly powerful. I had no idea how easy it was going to be when I was getting started, but now I'm a huge fan, and probably will be for life.

The ease of use. It was so simple to set up and build a website, I had one online in a matter of 2 hours. On top of that, it was so affordable, that I had paid for 3 years of hosting, that cost me less than it would cost to have someone build a site, let alone host for 3 years. In other words, it's saved me thousands of dollars.

Truthfully, I don't have any major complaints yet, because it's doing everything I've needed it to do. Perhaps I could say, it seems so feature rich that I could never fully tap into all of its powerful capabilities. The other downside might be down the road, if ever I needed to export my website to a different host, that might cause a few hiccups, but I'm locked in for another couple of years, so it's not a worry presently.

Overwogen alternatieven: WebsiteBuilder, Squarespace en GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: Because I wanted something faster, easier and less expensive.

Overgestapt van: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Ease of use, cost and a glowing testimonial from a fellow entrepreneur.

Jaze P.
Jaze P.
Systems Administrator in Zuid-Afrika
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers

Where Would I Be Without Wix

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love using Wix. I couldn't be happier using Wix. Once I was done making my very first website I was pleased with the end result. I didn't struggle with anything, I got great support when I needed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to build their very first website.

When starting to make a website for yourself, by yourself, there is no better solution than Wix for a novice user. Create a professional looking website for your business in a couple of hours using the many templates offered by Wix without needing a coding background at all. Make beautiful, customizable websites with ease and at an affordable rate too. You can't go wrong with this platform, the customer support is so on-point, you'll be pleased with the service you get from them.

I would like to see Wix improve on their SEO capabilities though, I sometimes don't rank as high in Google as I would like to so I use additional software to boost my web presence.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I was a bit intimidated by the whole WordPress movement, plus I already knew someone using the Wix platform who was far from being tech-savvy yet had an awesome website that she created by herself... I had to give it a shot after that.

Barry R.
Barry R.
Founder in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Above average product and performance with sub-par customer service

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, Wix has made the process of creating and managing our website easier.

I've have been using the free version of Wix since 2010 and the premium version since 2017. It is one of the easiest website builders out there with a variety of pre-made, highly customizable templates to choose from. Its drag and drop editor is easy and intuitive and has a decent number of integrations available. It is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses that don't have over complicated requirements when it comes to a website. Another thing I like is the ADI which serves as a website design assistant. It makes it easy to initially set up the site.

Once you start using a theme, you can't change it while keeping the content, you need to choose another te plate or theme and start putting together the content from scratch. Their customer service is one of the worst I have encountered. No chat or phone support for the UK and you're supposed to create a ticket for some of the smallest queries. Half the time they take days (sometimes weeks) to get back to you.

Overwogen alternatieven: Weebly en Strikingly

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: We wanted something that was easy to use.

Overgestapt van: Squarespace

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Ease of use, better-looking themes, and templates.

Ansh R.
Ansh R.
Software Developer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Professional Website Builder Platform To Manage Client Business

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Wix is a best website development platform that makes it easy for businesses to create multiple websites. It provides an affordable paid option, so we can choose the best option for our business to develop a client website. By using wix, we can save a lot of money in purchasing website hosting. Wix provides advanced features like drag and drop page building, simple editing tools, powerful but easy to use Online Store Builder and more. In digital marketing paid advertisement, our marketing team required landing pages for multiple product promotions. So we used wix and created multiple responsive landing pages to save time. It is a powerful ecommerce software, we can manage client online portals and increase business sales online.

• Easy to create a stunning responsive website, blog and online store. • Develop a website quickly without Hard coding or programming skills. • No limits on storage or bandwidth to run multiple client websites. • We can create and host business websites on wix secure server easily. • Thousands of professional website templates options for business websites. • Save time and money by using wix for organization clients. • Easily manage multiple business clients' websites on wix platform.

Only one issue, we have faced with Wix, No custom code option found for website development. All codes are predefined.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Easy to manage multiple client website. Various advanced option available in wix in compression of shopify.

Norma estela R.
Norma estela R.
content creator in Mexico
Omroepen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

The pros and cons of purchasing Wix

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: In general I like the designs, I find them too attractive and I know that I have not been able to find them in any other software, but in any case I could go with another program that despite not giving me such attractive templates, I know I could modify them and at no cost. I recommend it if you have the money to pay and have not tried other options.

I liked the versatility, they were very creative with the default templates, the colors are more than eye catching and overall it is intuitive to use. On the other hand, the general presentation and the explosion of colors invite to use it and help to exploit creativity, although in general there are few changes that would be made to any design, if it were not for the name and content.

Price. The price seems high to me and there are other ways to design a web page for free, besides there are countless new applications that give you good ideas to start at no cost; I would also like them to say precisely how the costs will be handled and not just hook you in and then raise the prices.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: I thought Wix would be a better option but for now I think I will look for other options.

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: For the advertisement

Lakshmi R.
Lakshmi R.
Marketer in India
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to build websites with Wix

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: You could provide a plan with Ascend tools and all the features as a package like WordPress instead of selling features separately. I love how empowering it feels when your tool can make laymen build sites. But these very laymen cannot handle SSL failures. So it's better if the software helps people on this front along with improving the customer service portal

I love how I was able to build my own website without any technical experience. I felt so happy to use the drag and drop feature and the e-commerce store I was able to build out of this website builder. SEO is always on point and helps me manage on-site SEO without anyone's help.

I did not like how my site did not show up as a secure site although I had purchased SSL along with the website. This was so disheartening and I decided to finally give up this website and changed the website builder altogether.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: WordPress was costly for me when I started and Wix seemed affordable.

Zahra H.
Zahra H.
Head of Business operations in Pakistan
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Back to WordPress

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Initially what attracted our client was the ease of use and drag n drop thing. Once we started to implement the design and templates, we realised the customisation was a nightmare. Support was very helpful. But this wasn't for us. If you want a quick website at low cost, Wix is the way forward. Its minimalist and effective for cookie cut themes and businesses...

Customisation. We few templates but the kept hitting problems so just decided to move to WordPress

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Client wanted it and we not in favour of it, which is why we switched to WP

Ian O.
Freelance Writer in VK
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Wix Website Builder the Pros and Cons

5 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Firstly, Wix is super easy to use, it's really worth it, especially for a beginner who is still learning the basics of HTML, etc. The drag and drop editor I found makes things much easier and you can add anything you want to your website as you go along. There are a huge number of templates to choose from where you can find templates suitable for you, no matter which field you're interested in. And lastly I would just say Wix is by far the best website builder on the planet; it’s very easy to use and to understand, and there is plenty of online help!

Whenever you pick Wix ADI, it creates a template primarily based on your private needs. You simply want to mark what form of internet site you desire and that’s it, your web page is achieved using Wix synthetic intelligence. Then all you want to do is to customise it primarily based on your private preferences. I would additionally highlight that Wix presents an alternative for customers with coding knowledge, who favor to create a sketch on their own. Such users can genuinely take the clean template and personalize it with the aid of enhancing HTML and CSS. Therefore, it’s apparent that Wix presents a chance to create a private web page for everyone, beginning from novices to pros, who can code it.

Even though Wix signals that they encompass commercials in the free model as normally on the fundamental one, it can nevertheless be very annoying. So, if you choose a higher personal experience, I would advise deciding on at least the Combo format which eliminates all the traumatic ads. The most important problems with Wix is that there is no web page transfer. So, if you create a platform with Wix and figure out to switch your platform to some other internet site builder or CMS, as, for example, WordPress, you can't do that. The sole alternative that Wix offers you, is the capacity to switch your Premium Site to every other account. So, that means, you both continue to be with Wix or create a new internet site on any other platform from scratch.

Papa arona P.
warehouse officer in Senegal
Magazijnen/opslag, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

incredible website builder

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Wix Templates are ready-made website templates that you can customize to make your own website. This is really the strong point of Wix, they offer an impressive gallery of Site Templates classified by Categories, for any type of activity.
The Wix editor is easy to use.
The editor works in true drag-and-drop mode which gives you a great freedom of creation. You can place the elements absolutely anywhere on the page. In terms of design, Wix is simply the best editor I have tested so far.
The Wix platform provides technical means to implement the SEO strategy that you have previously defined.
Another originality of Wix that I appreciate is the possibility to add features to your website as you need them. You simply pick applications (also called Widgets) from the App Market provided by Wix or other external providers.
These applications enrich your website with additional tools and services such as an image gallery, a blog, a news feed, a list of Facebook fans, Twitter...
The integration of an application is very simple, and is done in one click! This gives a real added value to your website.
You can create a good quality Blog with Wix by activating the Blog module on a page. There are 6 predefined layouts for the Blog, but you can customize a lot more.
The article editor is nice and well designed as you can see in the image above. It is very easy to add text, images or even video.
The online help is easily accessible from any element of the editor.

- Clean and professional design. - Easy to create. - Very affordable budget, good quality/price ratio - Intuitive tool and quick to learn. - Presence of basic site optimization parameters (SEO) - Range of applications to add features to your site (eg: booking, email marketing, calendar, ads ... etc) - Easy contact management with Wix's holistic contact management

- No access to the HTML/CSS source code - No email address associated with your domain name - In case of design change, you have to redo all the content - Wix doesn't provide the analytics for its free plan.

Robin G.
CEO in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Wix is leading the way in website design!

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have found that by switching to Wix, my business is more of what I want it to be. I have more control of the feel and look of my business. The money I’ve saved has been phenomenal. They may not offer all the bells and whistles of larger brands, but 99% of the time you don’t need or want those bells or whistles. The larger brands charge wether you use them or not.

The most innovative feature Wix offers is the right click feature in editing your images or text. The drag and drop feature combined with the right click feature, makes designing or editing a breeze. Wix allows the most customization with their templates than any of the competitors. This allows you to create your website to reflect your vision.

There are a couple of cons to Wix. 1) Once you pick a template, you cannot change to a different template. However, if you’re constantly changing the over all design, you’re wasting time and revenue. Have a clear vision for your website, and stick to it. 2) Although you have multiple avenues to contact customer service, a live person at inquiry is not one of them. You might have to take multiple steps to fix a problem, but they always pull through with a solution.

Amy F.
Fondsenwerving, Zelfstandig ondernemer

You may not need coding for wix but it's definitely complicated none the less

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service and helpful assistance when having issues with your site is just not there I would not recommend this company to anyone!

I love the variety of templates you can choose from it makes initially setting up the website very easy keyword initially.

I felt there were a lot of hidden fees. By this I mean you think you're getting a good deal when you first try to set up your website however it is very basic and rudimentary for the basic deal and you have to get up into the most expensive deal for any kind of extras you may want any kind of extras!! By the time I was done with what I thought was a basic website I was at their highest level of payment this was extreme disappointment being I was trying to run a fundraising website for my service dog and his vet bills. Also when I went to transfer everything to another site it was found not to be able to be copied. It claims you can copy it to another site but when we contacted support nobody responded back when we had trouble with the SEO nobody responded back they were not helpful in any way when they did respond back because they would just tell us to read the FAQ which did not answer our question. Customer service is extremely lacking!

Steve T.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

After 15 years of use I still love it!

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number. I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond. The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Overwogen alternatieven: Squarespace

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I could write a very long section here but I’ll just say Wix runs circles around Squarespace. I tried going to Squarespace from wix because it was supposed to be so easy but once I wanted to customize anything it was either harder than wix or just not possible. Wix hands don is still the best.

Itzak L.
CEO/Owner in VS
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy-to-use web design for small business owners

5 3 maanden geleden

Gone are the days of having to know HTML code. Nowadays, anyone can make a website by simply dragging-and-dropping elements already existing on Wix. I personally use Wix for 4 of my websites - all small businesses. For those who are intimidated by starting from scratch, the templates are incredibly helpful. There is enough of a selection that you can find what you're looking for, slightly modify it, change the names, and you'll have a live website in under 10 minutes. For those who are looking for a more branded type look, even starting from scratch isn't too overwhelming because of how Wix is designed. I've also been able to connect shops to my websites that source my products, and Wix Shops has been able to update prices, inventory and process payments from online purchases easily. On one of my websites, I've been able to create an online community for my students to have access to private videos and comment on forums.

-Wix is always running promos for deep discounts on their memberships. However, after that first year, you might have to evaluate your website plan as the price can be excessive once you're past your promo. -If you're purchasing a business email, and don't want to pay monthly anymore and just do one payment for the year, you can't. You'll have to pay monthly costs for that business email until they fix it, so if you purchase a business email, just bite the bullet and pay the annual costs so you don't have to worry about that monthly expense anymore. -When switching from desktop to mobile view, you'll obviously want your mobile look to be more seamless and easier to read. If you need anything to just show only on mobile, you need to "hide" those objects behind other objects just so you can display them in mobile only, and it can be a pain sometime to arrange this.

Mark T.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

Diane H.
Creative Director in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to Use and Deploy

4 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm very satisfied with WIX but would love for them to update some of their functionality.

Wix is a powerful drag and drop web editor. It has a full suite of strips and components that make designing the site easy and quick. It's easy to update the SEO and to customize the site to anything you want. Font selection is great and the ability to upload additional google fonts is advantageous. BONUS: The app tracks visitors and lets you know when someone is interacting with your site.

The inability to switch templates is problematic. So when a person needs to update the site to a new look and feel, it's time intensive. The mobile editor is entirely too limited. In a mobile first world, we need a whole suite of editing options. Also, consistency between pages can be problematic. It would be ideal to put in pixel ratios and height maximums.

Overwogen alternatieven: Squarespace

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: Ease of use

Overgestapt van: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Squarespace only offers a 14 day trial. That's not enough time to overcome the learning curve and test out site development.

Frank Y.
Frank Y.
Web Developer in Ghana
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress en Joomla

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Overgestapt van: Joomla en Drupal

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Editor in Argentinië
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

How to be a web designer (without being one)

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Although Wix is expensive, I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

Matthew B.
Director of IT in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

WIX Works

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We were able to lockdown our domain and intergrate with other services to provide a robust and affordable solution. WIX has been great and the graphic presentation excellent.

Easy to deploy, Ease of use, ease of management and reasonably priced solution makes an easy decision for us to continue using WIX.

No complaints about the software. A few years ago it would be there's too much-- they keep improving and adding/changing. This is what is truly cool about using WIX is that they do not remain static in a everchanging world with changing needs.

Overwogen alternatieven: Go Sitebuilder en Webs Sitebuilder

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: The website was unexciting and did not engage our parishoners and was difficult to manage.

Overgestapt van: WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: Graphics! The numerous layouts and graphics that WIX provides is top notch.

Charles E.
Chief Technology Officer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Jennifer S.
President in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Fast and Easy

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Overwogen alternatieven: GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Overgestapt van: Netcom Additions

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Andrew L.
Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Wix is a great CMS with a few Issues

4 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it's a great platform. It has really powerful features and add-on apps that can bring life and amazing capabilities to your website. Plus they are always improving things...

Wix is one of the best CMS website platform on the market. It requires no coding skills and very little technical skills. You do have to be pretty savvy with using design software but they offer a really cool self built templates that you just plug in your information and your good to go. After working with Wix for a couple of years it becomes easier and easier to use. I love their design templates. It makes it easy to design amazing website with little design skills.

The biggest issue I have with Wix is that it's sometimes hard to line up images and text with their drag and drop features. Also, their mobile response feature is very weak. You will have to build the site on the desktop and then have to rearrange everything again for the mobile view which can sometimes be very tedious.

Overwogen alternatieven: WordPress

Redenen om voor Wix te kiezen: Wix had all the features I wanted and more apps and add-ons that really wowed me...

Overgestapt van: GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om over te stappen op Wix: I did not now how to use WordPress plus it did not have hosting at the time but Wix had everything I needed in one platform

Serena R.
Designer in Argentinië
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

We can all use it (at least on the easy version)

4 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Extra: As I said before, I've been working on Wix during the last month. I'm not designing a normal website, I'm doing an interactive infographic (whaaaaat???). Yes, Design teachers offered us some websites to design this kind of infographics, truth is that there are many tools thought for this task, such as genial.ly, but no one offers really interactive and versatile choices as wix does. It's really confortable to makek this kind of interactions on a website designer.
Needless to say i'm not using templates, I design everything on Ai and Ps and add them to the UI as pictures or vectors.
Some years before, I first used this app for making a portfolio, in that moment I used a template, but I changed it a lot so it didn't look like my classmates websites. One more point for me, one more point for Wix!

Personally speaking, i'm not in favor of using templates, and I think any properly called designer should. But, we must understand this app is not thought for designers only, so, templates designs are not bad at all. They are quite simple, customizable and versatile no matter what you need to show on your website. They look so modern too! I don't think it's the best tool for a complete business website but, for example, it's useful to design menus, cataloges, present a brand, or even yourself (portfolios), usign it as a tool to complement your job. -At least with templates, the blank design tool will give you more chances to show whatever you want.- For the most experienced designers I sugest working on vectorial and photographic apps at first, and do never use templates, but your resources with the interactions the UI offers.

About the cons, I don't think this app has many limitations for a normal user, but designers could have some issues. During the last month I've been working there and the limitation I found was that "cursor effects" are only available on boxes, so if I want to put this effect on an object, I need to put a square box over the object. Altough boxes are invisible, it really changes the experience. Something similar happens with vectors (properly saved on .svg). If you want to made them clickable, the square that delimitates its form will be clickable too, really unconfortable. I never needed to conect a domain, but plans are quite expensive among other apps, check what's better for you.