Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over NextChapter

Faillissementsoftware voor de moderne advocaat. Web-app voor advocaten om faillissementszaken online voor te bereiden, te beheren en in te dienen.

Meer informatie over NextChapter

The only thing that I can think of is the slight delay when the petition is being filed online.

Beoordelingen van NextChapter

4,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,9

NextChapter heeft een totaalscore van 4,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 122 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Reviews filteren (122)

Sorteren op

Heb je NextChapter eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (122)

Ronald
Ronald
Owner in VS

A wonderful product that offers real functionality for cloud based bankruptcy software.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Freed me from Windows software and all of the compromises that involves. Gives us the chance to be a 100% Macintosh office after many years of hybrid solutions.

We are all really enjoying using NextChapter. I've uploaded a number of documents that we frequently download and use, including Client Service Agreements, Credit Counseling Instructions, Suggestions of Bankruptcy etc. We tried Cincompass about a year ago and hated it. We were with BestCase for over 10 years but were frustrated that there was no cloud solution for them. Then about 2 or so years ago BestCase announced they had a "cloud solution" which was really a Citrix virtual workstation. While Citrix "worked" it just added a whole layer of confusion and required training for my team; plus it did not have 100% uptime. Plus, it was very expensive, starting per month and almost per month as I added users. This was on top of the BestCase maintenance agreement, which also grew over the years. So NextChapter has been a great improvement for our firm.

The software has a few growing pains (when compared with BestCase), and you do need to adjust your workflow a bit, but not too much. That's why I give 4 instead of 5 stars for Features & Functionality, but I expect it will continue to grow and improve.

7 jaar geleden

Thank you for the kind words and compliments! You are right that we're always improving and growing, thanks to awesome customers like you!

Sean

Quality Product & Exceptional Service

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very positive overall. Most troubles that we ran in to had to do with the learning curve of having switched from a different product. I do feel that this product is the "better" system for entering and managing the data, but it may take some time to conceptualize if you're transitioning from a different system, especially when it comes to determining how data is linked amongst the various forms. There are a number of features we have yet to implement or explore but that are very appealing.

The product is very adept in managing data entry; the responsiveness of the product to the addition, deletion, or editing of data is instantaneous. No buffering or timing out! The 'help' resource is the most comprehensive I have experienced and is very useful in walking you through how to use features and provides step by step instructions (with visuals) for things like e-filing.

We are just beginning to utilize the My Chapter client portal feature. So far, we wish some adjustments could be made, such as being able to review the data entry in pdf format prior to having to first submit/accept it to the portal. It would also be nice if this process wasn't 'all or nothing', meaning that a client cannot subsequently add additional information via the portal. While we understand the how and why, hopefully upgrades can be made in the future.

3 weken geleden

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive review, Sean! We appreciate the time you took to learn a new software, as that is not easy for anyone!

Tyler

Have Not Used Long

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a good value for the money. I think once I get used to it, it will be easier to use.

It is cloud based, and relatively easy to follow.

Sometimes it is hard to tell where the software is pulling information from. I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth from section to section to try to figure out where certain information came from.

Nephi
Managing Member in VS
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Efficient bankruptcy software with cool tools and high-end customer service

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been a positive experience; lots of efficiency gains.

1. The ability to enter data to create statements and schedules. All bankruptcy-preparation software does this, but NextChapter is pretty good about (a) cross-populating schedules so you only have to enter data once, and (b) having default values for common items (sounds small, but saves a lot of time). 2. One-click bankruptcy filing. Naturally, you have to check and re-check your work before you're ready to file, but once you're ready, filing is a single click. Love it. 3. Texting clients and automatic text recipes. I can arrange for clients to automatically receive a text message on the day before the 341 meeting with the meeting date and time and common reminders. Cool, right? 4. All online. This is a big deal if I need to work on something from home or work on it with a paralegal. 5. Customer service really is high-end. I have used New Hope (bought by Best Case?) and Best Case, and NextChapter is on par.

NextChapter is relatively young, so it's working out some minor bugs. Nothing big, though. I wish that when I selected an exemption, it would automatically populate the exemption to be the value of the asset. Obviously, an attorney has to check this, but it would save me a mouse-movement and a click. There are some smaller bugs dealing with filing (NextChapter won't file an omnibus signature page for me), but I can probably iron those out with their concierge team (just haven't gotten around to it yet).

4 jaar geleden

Nephi, thank you SO much for this great review! We are really happy to hear you are using NextChapter to its fullest capabilities with the texting and filing features. We appreciate all of your suggestions too! We can get those added to our Future Development Board so that our team can review and implement in the future :)

Owner/Attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

NextChapter took my practice to the next level

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The top benefit of this system is the web-based setup, which has allowed me to detach from the office as much as I want or need to. I'm a solo attorney & military reservist, so being able to maintain work "on the road" is critical. This software allows me to work literally anywhere, anytime. Due to the amount of time I was out of the office, I was limited to how many cases I could manage. NextChapter allowed me to increase my case volume to a level on par with the top filing firms in my market, even with a very non-traditional "in-office" schedule. This was HUGE prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it was also a lifesaver post-pandemic, when we quickly shifted from in-office meetings with clients to exclusively online/telephonic meetings. This software allowed us to navigate those changes without a hitch. It also has allowed my legal assistant to work almost exclusively from home. She still only works 1-2 days per week in the office. This platform also performs many of the functions of the very expensive case management systems as well, albeit not as robust as some of the options on the market. But this aspect has allowed me to function as a relatively high volume bankruptcy practice without an additional, very costly, case management system.

There are a few "tricks" that you need to understand about the software to make the petition documents come out the way you intend, so there's a learning curve. Training & information is readily available, customer support is very responsive about those things, but it's still a bit frustrating. Occasionally, server communication issues have disrupted work on cases at inopportune times. There are a lot of capabilities that the software has that I don't or haven't yet used, mainly because I haven't had time to learn. I hope to utilize the messaging system more in the future to facilitate communication with clients.

4 jaar geleden

Thanks so much for this review, Michael! We are so happy NextChapter has enhanced your practice and has allowed you and your staff to work from virtually anywhere!

Jerry
Attorney CPA in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

NextChapter: Great Cloud-Based Bankruptcy Software!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The customer service team is very responsive and friendly. The software is intuitive and easy to learn, even for a paralegal with no bankruptcy experience.

NextChapter is built from the ground up to be cloud based. I can use it anywhere that I can get access to the internet, even on a tablet or cell phone. I also like that they promise you will always have access to your clients' data, even if you quit subscribing to the software. I like the flow of data entry. NextChapter minimizes entering the same thing more than once.

NextChapter does not allow you to store a Debtor's complete Social Security number or any document containing a Social Security number. This means you may have to re-input the Social Security number multiple times, increasing the chance of committing a data entry error.

4 jaar geleden

Thanks for this great review, Jerry! We love that you find NextChapter easy to use and easily accessible. :)

Timothy
Attorney and Mediator in VS

Efficient Bankruptcy Software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The Cloud based system is awesome. While I used NextChapter the majority of the time my computer, I have been able to use my tablet or phone to get information about my client including docket documents that I did not have a hard copy with me. I also love the customer support. They are very receptive to not only answering questions, but also accepting suggestions of development improvements. Although not everyone of my requested changes have been made, many have.

The product is very intuitive for data entry. There are very few instances of double entry. When you have a question, the online quickly identifies where you will put the data for a specific line on one of the bankruptcy form (like the means test) or you can speak with a person through the chat system. I love the fact that the pacer notices get added to the client's matter file. This has eliminated my costs for pacer when a filing would not be saved after viewing it.

The Chapter 13 add on is not perfect. Making revisions to the Next Chapter Plan can be challenging. Having said that, I have never been happy with any Chapter 13 add on of any bankruptcy software I have used, including the leading product on the market. I have always found it is easiest to use the draft Word version of the plan provided by the Court. I think this task is difficult as each trustee likes having things done their way which no computer program can anticipate.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you SO much for this review, Timothy! We've enjoyed having you as a customer and so appreciate your suggestions. You continue to help improve our product!

Patrick
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Fantastic product!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been able to optimize our workflow and save time using NextChapter and its features.

The best part about the software is the true cloud-based nature of it. Other bankruptcy products are not cloud based so working with a team remotely is impossible. NextChapter makes it easy.

Honestly, I don't really have any issues with it.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you SO much for this great review, Patrick! We are so happy NextChapter has been easy to use and optimize your workflow. We're lucky to have you as a customer!

Mike
Paralegal Office Manager in VS

NextChapter Review

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent experience from the very beginning. There was plenty of information available before the purchase of the service allowing our firm to make an informed decision about the software. The support staff has been very informative and responds very quickly to help requests. The software is very intuitive and the online help center provides good explanations of the entry process.

Speed of software, intuitive interface, and the very helpful customer support.

CMI entry and multiple social security number entries are slightly cumbersome, relative to the ease of all other functions. POC's in the PACER Notices have to be opened and labeled.

4 maanden geleden

What an awesome review, Mike! We really appreciate that. We are pleased to hear that you have found plenty of information in our Help Center and that the staff has been knowledgeable and fast-acting.

Danielle
Assistant in VS

Bankruptcy Law Firm NextChapter review

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is once you get familiar with where all the forms are this program is really easy to use.

The ease of using the program along with the added customer service are a few pros of the program.

The program has only one Con which is all the forms to file a BK should all me located in the same place of all the other initial filing forms.

5 maanden geleden

Thanks for the awesome review, Danielle! It is a pleasure working with you and your firm.

Alexander

Next Generation Bankruptcy Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After switching over to NextChapter, I did run into some issues with the software not properly filing certain aspects of the petition. Specifically, many of my clients opt to pay the court filing fee in installments, but seems NextChapter had not yet coded that feature for filings in my District (Arizona). After bringing it to the attention of customer support, their team worked to remedy the coding issue and ever since then it has been smooth sailing. Roughly 1 year into the software I opted to upgrade my subscription to include MyChapter, where clients can directly enter much of the information needed on the petition. This feature is much more convenient for my clients over filing out paper forms and is a huge time saver for me and has allowed me to continue operating as a truly solo practitioner (without the need to hire outside legal assistants) even during very busy months. On the few occasions that I have need to some customer service support, their team has been rapid in their responses and very pleasant to work with.

I can access the software from anywhere in the world on virtually any device.

Initially there was a learning curve after having used a competing bankruptcy software for over 8 years. After about 3 months of using the software I grew to prefer it over my previous software and have never looked back.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you SO much for your review, Alexander. We are very happy to hear that your firm is benefitting from MyChapter and the cloud based app. If you have any other requests to help ease your filing process, don't hesitate to ask! Users like you help us to improve the app and we appreciate it so much.

April
Paralegal in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

NextChapter has come a long way. Would recommend.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would definitely recommend NextChapter. In the last two years the software has grown and changed by leaps and bounds. I now feel as though I know the software quite well. The program has changed to be much more user friendly and does what it needs to do. It improves every day and I am excited to see all of the things it will be able to do in the future.

The best thing about NextChapter is the customer support. The team is always available to help with any questions we may have. Additionally, whenever we have made suggestions on things we would like to see with the program or changes that need to be made, those suggestions are considered and a lot of times implemented into the software. The team is constantly working to improve the program and provide quarterly updates to further streamline the process.

I am old school Best Case girl and liked the ease of that program. In my opinion, I have to search a little bit harder to figure out how to do things with NextChapter such as how to have different payment amounts for select months on Chapter 13 Plans.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks so much April! You have been a huge help in improving our software by remaining a committed user and giving us great suggestions. We're so happy to have you on board!

SHARI
paralegal in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Why Every Bankruptcy Law Firm Should Use NextChapter

5,0 4 jaar geleden

There is so much about NextChapter that I like, however, I will elaborate only on a few. The most appealing function on NextChapter is integrating the debtor(s) credit report into the petition. Is there anything easier than that? One other thing I like about NextChapter, and it may seem trivial to some, is I do not have to click on any "Save" button at anytime to save the data I have already enter. I can exit the software, come back to it two days later and my previous edits were automatically saved. NextChapter is the easiest and most cost effective bankruptcy software on the market in my opinion.

There isn't anything I like least about this software. You can upload your client's pdf documents needed to file with the petition and save them in NextChapter. No more jumping back and forth from your client's electronic folder to NextChapter. It's all right at your fingertips.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you SO much for this review, Shari! The app was designed to make the data entry process easier, so we love hearing that this design is paying off for our users.

Robert
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

NextChapter is accessible and reliable

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use and keep updated from work or my home office, or my assistant's home office.

It is conveniently accessible at home or at the office for me and my assistants. It is reasonably priced. It helps keep the requested information consistent and accurate. The customer service is very responsive to my requests.

Some of the data entry is counter-intuitive. Where you expect to put in dependents, income and expense, sold property and preference payments based on the official forms, in this software they are entered in connection with family, current assets and creditors. Once you learn where to input the data, it works fine. I wish the credit reports with their integration included judgment information.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you so much for your review, Robert! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the software. So please keep your requests coming!

Todd
Attonrey in VS
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

NextChapter is continuously improving the product

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It's cloud-based. Best Case might be a better product, but only if you are a one attorney, one computer (that's a PC), one office, no support staff, law firm. But who fits that criteria? And, that's why I switched. Since it is browser based cloud software, I can work on any computer, whether Mac of PC, and I can work anywhere I have an internet connection. It also syncs with Clio, which is synced with Lexicata, which is synced with Call Ruby - enter info once and you've synced across multiple platforms.

Was a little buggy at first ( 2 years ago), but rarely an issue any more. Tech support is always great at fixing it, and they are continuously improving the product and receptive to user-requested changes.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks for taking the time to review NextChapter! It's always rewarding to see that our continued efforts to better the product have led to reduced errors and now allows us to focus on the fun stuff in the app!

Holli
Paralegal in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

I was skeptical in the beginning, but now............

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love the ability to access the program from anywhere on any computer. What a time saver! And......their support people are fantastic!!!

I was very skeptical in the beginning and thought it was going to be hard to use, but...........now I'm in love with this program. I have been in this business over 40 years and this is the best bankruptcy program I have used. I love the one input feature that goes to all of the appropriate schedules and how fast I can get a case inputted and ready to review and then file. It is totally user friendly!!!

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

4 jaar geleden

Wow, thanks so much for this review, Holli! We love that you are now finding NextChapter easy to use and thrilled that you feel supported by our team!

Nancy

NextChapter Does the Job

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very very excellent customer service! They threaten me with hours of waiting, but someone takes on the chat usually fairly immediately.

I handle exclusively Chapter 7 bankruptcy using NextChapter's app. Bankruptcy is not my main practice area, which means that really the most cost-effective way for me to use the software is to use it on an as-needed per-petition basis ... and NextChapter lets me do that. I don't have to buy some big contract that would take 100 petitions to pay for itself. Instead, the pricing is such that I can pass that along to the client with each petition I handle. Also, I like that the app guides us through the required fields and information in a reasonably logical way.

I'd like to be able to print a preview of the petition before buying it. It's fine that the print product would say "PREVIEW DO NOT FILE" all over it; I get that NextChapter needs to make its money somewhere and they choose to do that by charging the a la carte customer to download and print the petition. But a preview would be a great thing.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks for the awesome review, Nancy! We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer support and that the pricing works for you. We do have a Preview function that you can view for free; but you are right that you must pay to download. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this!

Amber

Paralegal Use Made Easy

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: NextChapter has helped to become a better legal assistant. I especially love the fact that I am able to review the means test questions now. It helps me to understand exactly where the information and numbers are coming from. I came into my firm with only financial experience, but no legal experience and NextChapter has helped me to fully understand bankruptcy schedules and how best to help my client.

I love that I can easily work on my client's information with little confusion for the client when working with the portal.

I wish that it was easier to e-file through the software when you have an emergency filing.

6 jaar geleden

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Amber! We already have some districts that can file the remaining documents after an emergency filing with more to come soon. We will be sure to reach out to you directly when yours is up and running!

Katheirne
Leagl assistant in VS

Assessment of Next Chapter

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Next Chapter provides a clean simple bankruptcy prep experience. The staff are friendly, the prices are economical for small firms, and the

The software is easy to use. It's mostly self explanatory but there are hundreds of recourses available if you get stuck. It's easy to play with the settings so the documents always turn out the way you want. I you do ever get stuck the customer support is on point. I don't believe I have submitted a request that has taken longer than a couple short hours to resolve.

it is a baby program, so there are a couple little bugs that pop up occasionally, usually they are fixed by doing site maintenance which slows business down a little but not too much time is wasted.

6 jaar geleden

What a great review! We appreciate this so much and love working with you and the other staff from your firm!

Anthony
Manager in VS

Quality platform for preparing bankruptcy petitions and schedules.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Easy to use; current forms availability; one of the first companies to offer a remote site to prepare filings.

There is the usual learning curve to understand how the information posted gets used in the forms. Also, the forms need further tweaking to make sure all the info that is posted makes its way into the form. But NextCahper is always improving the forms and welcomes input.

7 jaar geleden

Thanks for the compliments Anthony! You are right that we always welcome input and we've decided to add a few more informational tooltips for users to see the relationship between the software and the forms. Great suggestion!

Curtis
Lawyer in VS

Best move I’ve made.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is the best move I’ve made in nearly a decade of practice. It has enabled my practice to grow without the additional cost of more staff by making it easy to work from home and on the road.

The ease of use and convenience of the web base software are un beatable.

The sync between Clio and Nextchapter was a bit glitchy but the nextchapter crew were diligent to help us solve it.

5 jaar geleden

"Best move I've made" is music to our ears! You and your staff have been such great additions to our customer base. Thank you for the kind words and we're thrilled to have you on board!

Christina
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Great Software, easy to use, the updates just keep making it better

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The ability to have all the information that you would generally store in a paper file is right at your fingertips. Its simple to add your emails and file within the software.

Everything is in one spot for each client.

The cost for a small business is a little pricey.

Kimberly
Bankruptcy attorney in VS

Excellant customer service

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The software platform is intuitive and user friendly. Nextchapter is always improving and takes feedback seriously.

an integration with certificatesofservice.com would be really useful.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you SO much for your review, Kim! You have been such a great NextChapter customer and we are so happy to hear you have the support you need from our team. We hope our integration with Debtorcc.org is easing your process now :)

Mary

New user

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great value and ease of use.

Great cost if you're a practitioner who isn't filing a lot of cases. Relatively easy to use, but still working through differences from previously used software.

Getting used to using NextChapter. Working through differences from previous software. Can usually figure out how different features work.

10 maanden geleden

Thanks so much for the 5 star review, Mary! We appreciate new users like yourself who are willing to take a chance and try a new software!

Athena

Forward-Looking

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been a good experience.

My favorite thing is that it's web-based and dynamic. All the information is available to me wherever I am in the world. The developers are constantly improving and making changes to the software. Anytime I've called in, customer support is immediately helpful or has addressed my question with a solution.

The forms aren't as crisp as I would prefer but I believe they are working on it.

5 jaar geleden

We're so happy you decided to make the switch to NextChapter! We love that you are local and we're able to support each other. Your dynamic forms are coming very soon, and so much more after that!