Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Workplace from Meta reviews

Over Workplace from Meta

Workplace verbindt iedereen in een organisatie met behulp van vertrouwde Facebook-functies zoals chatten, videogesprekken, berichten en groepen.

Meer informatie over Workplace from Meta

What I like most about this product was the customer service.

It has way to many notifications and it's aggravating.

Beoordelingen van Workplace from Meta

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Workplace from Meta heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.335 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Workplace from Meta eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.335)

Victor
Victor
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

a great collaboration tool

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Dilraj
Dilraj
Sr. Software Developer in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Facebook .. for work :)

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience was very good. Workplace was like a really cool place for different team members to discuss daily office work rather than using some mundane office software.

The workplace is actually social networking for work. Its really convenient to use across the company and different team members can be tagged for any work to be assigned to them. The workplace posts can be directed to all the team members for passing on the vital information and discussions on the topic can be done using the comments section, just like the Facebook. The team events can be shared live on the platform also along with other facebook features available like chat etc.

The overall experience with software was really good but the one thing which is missing is keeping track of the tasks assigned to different team members by tagging them in a post.

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Maleisië
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Space for collaborating with colleague

4,0 3 jaar geleden

The fact that i can use the same account that i have with Facebook to accessing the workplace tools is really amazing and cutting unnecessary step to registering with this software. Adding people that has already on my friend list to the work group is really simple. Apart from the video call feature that are available here, we also use the project management feature for our simple daily project.

The easy access to the Facebook news feed keep distracting me from my works for hours. It also gives a bad perspective from other people when we are opening the sites as this software is commonly associate as a platform for social media and people may thing that we are playing around on working hours even when we are using it for work related stuff.

Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Works just like Facebook!

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I had a good experience with Facebook Workplace, and I definitely see the value of using it for an organization. It makes work a little more exciting and keeps members of the company engaged and integrated. However, it is also quite distracting and steers people away from the seriousness of work as they associate this with Facebook.

I liked the fact that it is incredibly easy to use this software! As long as you have used Facebook before (which I'm sure everyone has at this point), it's not difficult and won't take long for you to get used to how Facebook Workplace works. You can have a platform where all the members of your organization are included, but also make separate groups for different projects or teams. There's also the usage of video calls, calendar events, live broadcasts, chats, and so on. The news feed also keeps you connected with your other co-workers, and the entire system just seems really fun and light, and tries to make work a little more pleasant for everybody.

I think what was negative for Facebook Workplace is the mentality that people have towards this software. I found it difficult for some people to separate Facebook from Workplace and therefore it was difficult for them to take it seriously, and instead only viewed it as more of social media platform, and still direct their work somewhere else. This takes away from the whole point of fully integrating the company and its work and people into this platform.

Henry
Henry
Systems Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

excellent platform

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a tool where teamwork is more uniform and where collaboration on our intranet is more noticeable with the help of others and the perspective of work is broader.

I loved this platform from the beginning, it's like having Facebook but corporate where we can all have closer communication and thus be aware of all the important news of the company, it is super easy to use with excellent functions to work more together and collaboratively seeing results of a higher and more efficient production.

nothing that I dislike at all, it is so perfect that I love everything and when they make their updates I like it more

Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Surprisingly Great

5,0 2 jaar geleden

We use mainly the Chat function which is quite great. Thanks to its similiarity with Facebook Messenger it is easy to use even for people who are not very good with computers. The chat is usually working quite well and it is suitable even for online meetings. I appreciate the option to ad profile picture, description and pin message in group chats. It helps us a lot. For the other function, we briefly use also classic groups and notes which works good as well.

Meta is unfortunately known for not having the stablest software so there are sometimes problems. But they are not occuring very often so most of the time we are quite satisfied with using it. We have a lot of chats and group conversations and it is not possible to make my own folders/labels for them which is pity, it would help a lot.

A.L.
A.L.
Cofounder in VS
Tekstschrijvers, 11-50 werknemers

A Function Workspace for Teams

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Workplace did what we needed it to do and provided us with a functional, no-frills communication board to organize our projects.

What I like most about Workspace was the ease of communicating with entire teams set up based on individual projects. It allowed for a better workflow inside teams and from one team to the next.

What I liked least was the very limited features and the inability to have basic admin controls without upgrading. Removing nonactive team members was difficult and created a bit of an issue.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great for teachers!!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I just started using Workplace from Meta this school year. I teach three classes this semester and implemented this software in all three. I like that I am able to inform my students instantly about any material they need. For example, I forgot to mention an example in class about the problems they would be working on for homework. This program allowed me to share a video file going over that problem. I was able to send a notification to my students right away. This helps so I do not receive a million emails that evening asking how to do a problem. I also like that students have the ability to submit assignments. Giving them different means of doing so has helped get my students to complete assignments.

The only thing I can think of so far was it took a lot of time to get all my students set up on their phones. I'm not sure if the internet was slow that day or if it was because of this program.

Hendrik
Co-Founder in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use as ”Facebook for your Business”

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use; and as it has the Facebook look and feel it’s just easy to start going.

It’s easy for the users to get started as it feels like Facebook and therefore feels natural. Also form a administrator persflpective it’s easy tosetup and implement and integrate.

The issue in the Benelux is that Facebook has some negative thought over it. Therefore implemting can be challenging from a change management perspective.

Josafat
Josafat
Business Administration in Mexico
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Many options that can help you

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really like using this tool because I can strengthen my products and reach more customers.

It has a nice interface, you have many options to visualize the statistics and the results you want to achieve, It is easy to use and you have a lot of support from Facebook when you have doubts.

When you want to campaign, you can have problems by not having your market well segmented.

Nicole
Nicole
vinyl specialist in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

breakthrough for employers and employees

4,0 5 jaar geleden

i really like how it lets you get a feel for a person applying for the job. social media is so big and what better way to receive a small resume from someone along with a deeper look into who they are and what they like and have accomplished. on the opposite end of it if your applying for a job it makes it super easy to apply for multiple jobs by filling in your information using your "about me" section.

what i liked least about facebook workplace was employers do not seem to update the jobs once they are filled.

Reymond
Digital Marketing and Research Specialist in Saoedi-Arabië
Human Resources, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Workplace by Facebook Overall Experience

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we have a place where a group can work together and can have their meetings on their own. Easy messaging in case someone is not around. However, not all people or countries really familiarize this tool. It still needs more push to make the company employees use the platform rather than using others.

Personally, as Digital Marketing who is knowledgeable with different types of platforms, I really like it. However, some of my colleagues who are Saudis does not like Facebook and workplace features almost the same as regular Facebook. Overall looks and design are very user friendly.

Yes. The translation. Since this is for business applications, I think it makes sense that the messaging through workplace chat should have a feature for auto-translate. If this can be done, many none users of workplace will have to use the workplace to communicate with the team. It could break the barrier of language deficiency. Integration really is not so good, especially when creating chatbots or linking it to tasks scheduler.

Ravinder
Ravinder
Consultant in India
Juridische dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Workplace - A tool to build strong culture and collaboration among employees

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our HR system used Workplace by Facebook for polling purposes, to send notifications, for transparency, culture building and to keep employees stay connected just like Facebook. So far, the response is good from the employee side.

Workplace by Facebook is an app similar to Facebook but meant for work, productivity and to keep employees stay connected. Its layout is like Facebook, so very convenient to use without going through any training. It allows you to form groups basis on departments, projects or organizational hierarchy. Groups can be used for sharing files, feedback or polls. Messaging feature allows you to chat in groups, one-to-one using text, audio or video. One of the best features is language translation support for 46 languages as of now. So, if someone sends you a text in a different language, Workplace translates it then and there for you into your native language. Other popular features include viewing updates from people similar to newsfeed in Facebook, live video broadcasting of announcements, training and meetings, videoconferencing and screen share up to 50 people. Easy integration of Workplace with software such as Office 365, Dropbox, SurveyMonkey and G Suite makes it a useful app on office environment.

Workplace comes in different pricing options including Essential, Advanced and Enterprise, so choose wisely depending upon the features you need. Even the highest-paid version allows you to perform group video call up to 50 people. Notification can be annoying and cause a distraction from your usual work.

Clarwin
Clarwin
IT Services Manager in Filipijnen

Facebook for the office!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use! Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall. Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work. Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).

Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization. We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge! All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files) Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

This is cloud-based and all data is stored on Facebook servers in the cloud. If you are wary of Data Privacy, just make sure to review the privacy notice, and terms of use.

Jenny
Brand Director in VS

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding and training. I love the poll feature, too, and I haven't seen that used in other programs. However, the poll feature should be used for strictly non-emotional topics. I've used it to get my team to choose a preference in a date or a time or a food option. It shouldn't be used for diverse or political topics. Run polls in Groups to get a quick pulse on company issues Use Workplace Chat bots to make payroll, benefits or onboarding processes quicker and easier Share Live Videos, webinars and articles for more efficient training Connect new hires to the team (and each other) using Multi-Company Groups Recognise employees quickly and easily in News Feed with a simple Reaction or even a GIF

I think because Workplace is a Facebook product companies are less likely to invest in it for company culture / communication due to Facebook's social media nature which doesn't scream 'productivity' to corporate higher-ups. Also, the data security issues happening right now al make companies trust Facebook less especially because Workplace is for business.

Joshua
Process Optimization Analyst in VS
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 10.000+ werknemers

Mixes the Social of Facebook and Collaboration of Modern Business Tools

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have really enjoyed Workplace as an office tool. The familiarity that Facebook provides for a collaboration tool is great. Furthermore, the ability to share and collaborate with co-workers is very easy. I have really enjoyed how easy it is to navigate to specific groups and projects in order to find documents that I need. Furthermore, the search feature is very effective for finding appropriate data fast. Overall, my experience with Workplace is great - and I look forward to seeing how the service evolves over the coming years.

My workplace is in the process of transitioning many employees over to Facebook Workplace. Personally, my favorite thing about the platform is the familiarity. The platform does a wonderful job of feeling just as familiar as the social media platform while also adapting to modern business needs. My company has attempted to integrate social productivity tools in the past and Workplace seems to have the largest adoption rate so far. Workplace is also a very collaborative tool. It leverages the user-friendly nature of the platform in order to make sharing and collaborating that much easier.

As a social tool, there is always the risk of falling trap to many of the trending stories. Furthermore, if one is subscribed to a lot of groups, notifications can become a bit difficult to follow for some users. Finally, I do wish that there was a way to link one's primary Facebook account to Workplace. It would help provide instant verification over job postings and could even tie-in with the linked-in type of service. While concerns over privacy may limit the interaction, it is a bit annoying to have two separate accounts for one service.

Gloria
Gloria
Digital Marketing Trainer in India
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

Great platform for team co-ordination and also video conferencing

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent platform for team co-ordination and communication.It makes discussions effective and result oriented ,thus time can be saved.

Workplace from meta is pretty much similar to Meta software user Interface.Workplace from meta provides video conferencing ,collab tools which makes to coordinate with team members easily and effectively.The audio and video quality is at the notch when compared to other tools in the market.

Workplace from meta is great platform for business growth while if its support system is little more responsive it will be great platform.I think response from the support centre is quiet a time consuming process which makes delay in all other activities of the business.

Balram
Software developer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Workplace Platform For Business

4,0 vorig jaar

Facebook's Workplace is a useful tool for the workplace that enables us to maintain contact with our team or other employees. The nice thing about this platform is that it resembles the Facebook social media platform, so I can use it right away and no further training is needed to operate it. The Workplace by Facebook platform allows for complete customization; I am even able to alter the URL, which will be used by anybody who opens it. The procedure of customisation is also simple. My favourite creative features of this platform are the ones that allow me to have live video chats with members of my team, my group, or anybody else in the company.

I despise this particular feature of this platform since the news feed occasionally causes issues. Even when I press the refresh button, it sometimes displays me the old postings. This problem also occurs on the mobile application.

Kyle
Transaction Coordinator in VS
Vastgoed, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great way to connect with teams at all levels!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Workplace by Facebook is extremely easy to navigate, and paired with the mobile apps for both Workplace and Workplace Chat the communication portion is super helpful.

I love how much this truly mirrors the social experience of Facebook, but just for my team. It's visually appealing and very familiar in functionality, but work focused. There are groups for my region, my office, my team, people in my role across offices, and more! So no matter who I need to reach, I can do it easily with an archive of the posts from others.

Unlike Facebook, the "profile" section on Workplace is not as utilized. Maybe I'm not maximizing it, but posting things on my personal profile or timeline does not gain any traction. People aren't on workplace to follow one another or see what you're doing personally or with your business. It's all about work communication.

Bukola
Bukola
Data scientist in Nigeria
, 51-200 werknemers

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Bruno
Bruno
Sr in Brazilië
Computerhardware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best solution to maintain great communication in the company

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Workplace is excellent. A complete system, fully integrated between desktop and mobile application, Very complete in terms of organization charts, which makes it a lot easier when we need to find someone specific within the company.
I recommend it for medium and large companies that want to encourage better communication internally.

I love that the workplace is able to integrate all the company's communication channels in a friendly and inviting interface. In addition to being easy to use, as it is exactly like Facebook, the quality of the service provided is excellent, and with several differentials, such as support for Groups and Video Call through Workchat.

If there is anything that could improve in the workplace, it is speed on workchat. When we send or receive a very large amount of data it is very slow, and this causes other areas of the system to be slow as well. Remembering that this only happens when I send and receive with a large volume of data.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

A good application to use in a company.

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I think overall, that is a good one to use in a company. It still needs a lot of work.

There are 3 points I like the most in this software: - Easy to put information and update news about your company. You can easy to read all posts like Facebook about news, videos, events from your company - Easy to discuss. When you have a topic you want to discuss, just post and everybody can join to comment. It's much better than writing an email and read all reply - Up to date with all events. I think the live stream is a good feature in the workplace. There are many events or meeting I cannot join, but I can watch on the workplace. Really great.

I think the purpose of the workplace to be used in my company is for managing projects, however, to discuss the project and upload file, sometimes I feel it is still complicated, especially with long discussion or with files which have many versions.

Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Just what we needed...

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Everyone uses Facebook so getting my less computer savvy staff up and running was a breeze with WP.

At times we have bumped into the thread issue where content is out of sight and out of mind. Not their fault, it's a limitation in computer communication I suspect.

Donabel
Accounts Manager in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Work at your own pace

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: There's a lot of benefits I get from this product and that is free and very helpful for me, easy to use and I didn't even have to use any other products. It's everything I needed and it's really good for me in my work and business. I'm so thankful for this app because it helped me a lot.

The most feature that's really helpful for me was the real-time chat because I get to connect to my clients and friends, family and that is very important just like your phones. This product has helped me a lot and been using it for years and now it has been great help to me.

I think there's no feature that's difficult to use or any other kind of issues. There maybe some features that's rarely used or not that necessary for the product but I will be depending on how or what will work for you. For me, it's been very useful to me with my work and business.

Financiële dienstverlening

Great Tool for Collaboration and Communication

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a great improvement from our old chat software. With our old software, you could only message coworkers who were online. Therefore, someone could be in the office but because they aren't signed into the software they won't get your message. Workplace is great because you can message anyone you need to regardless of their online status. In addition, there's a desktop chat app that you can download so you can make sure you're always receiving any messages coworkers send you without having to log into the website.

Workplace is essentially the same setup as Facebook. The benefit to this is that since most people already have their own personal Facebook accounts, there isn't much of a learning curve when implementing this software at work. The chat is also a great feature because you an instantly private message a coworker or start a group chat with people you're working on a project with. Lastly, I like the ability to create groups because then you can share certain documents or articles with specified groups of colleagues.

One of the biggest issues with this software is that a lot of older coworkers refuse to use it since they don't have their own personal Facebook accounts and therefore don't know how to use the program. As a result, workplace by facebook is also helpful if other coworkers are willing to adopt the software. Secondly, while workplace can help with productivity it can also hurt it. If you don't monitor what content or photos people are posting people can quickly turn it into regular Facebook making the software a time sink and a site workers will visit for distractions.

Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Familiar yet different

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Its a good tool that integrates with our payroll system/Employee system of record, so it works out well for all non-superusers of that tool. Its easy to navigate with its familiar interface and social networking vibe. We use for internal communications, ERG/SIG creation/management, and cross-division announcements. It works out well.

In the way that we use it, we dont use it for messaging (As we still use slack/gchat) and it feels like this workplace tool came out a little to late behind all the big players in messaging/1-1 chats.