Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Lumen5

Platform voor het maken van video's, aangedreven door AI en ontworpen voor bedrijven om sociale video's te maken voor contentmarketing.

Meer informatie over Lumen5

103 reviews worden weergegeven

Sr. brittany H.
Chair of the Theology Department
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Create Quick Text Based Videos for Social Media"

Pluspunten: I ran across Lumen5 when looking for a user-friendly site for branding and creating my own short videos for promoting our company. The videos were easy to build and offered a lot of stock video and photos. I can create a video in about 30 minutes (max) and format and reformat it for different platforms with ease.

Minpunten: I wish I could integrate my own audio or even voice overs. Its limited in that you can only use text and stock audio. It is also very expensive compared to what you can do with it. I may switch to another product next year.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Roy W.
digital marketer
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

"best social media video content creation tool"

Opmerkingen: I have been using lumen5 for almost a year and I have to say it is probably the best social media video content creation tool in the market.
I would say it is the Canva of video, basically because you can create videos with no need of video editing knowledge.
You can both upload your own videos or just use their media library to create your video.
Just choose a template and type in your text.
A killer functionality is the option to create a your video from a url. If for example you have a blog post that you wish to promote, just paste the url and the tool gets the content from your blog post and organises content as a video automatically.
Only cons I have is that with the starter plan you can only use 720px resolution videos which is a problem if you are thinking of using videos as ads on instagram. (only 1080 accepted)

Pluspunten: - ease of use - you don´t need to have any technical knowledge on video creation. It is as easy as choosing a template depending on the social media channel you are publishing for, select from different formats and styles and just drag and drop content from the content library.
- easy to change formats - for example if you have created a video for an instagram post and decide to re-use it for your tv screen or blog post you just choose a different template and the software will adapt your content for that particular style

Minpunten: The starter plan which is 29$ per month only gives the option of having 720px resolution videos
If you wish you have 1080 resolution videos you have to upgrade to the premium plan which is 79$ per month which is quiet a high price if you are a freelancer.

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020
Aisha K.
Digital Campaigns
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020

"Not a great value for your money"

Opmerkingen: customer service and response was quick and timely but it's not worth the money in my opinion

Pluspunten: The software was pretty easy to use, changing between formats for Facebook to IGTV was simple. If you enter a link/blog piece it would extract the text and create a template video for you to start working with which is good.

Minpunten: There are a lot of glitches with the software and it does not allow for customizations. For example, I tried exporting a video numerous times throughout a week and the audio and video was continuously out of sync even after I had reached out to customer support. It also doesn't allow for customizations like increasing the volume of the music. If you want to upload your own video and have music overlay in the background that is not possible which interrupts the flow of the video and taking away from the professionalism. You also can't adjust the amount of text on the screen, or adjust the size of the text, or customize the placement. There are set placements for text (bottom of the screen, top of the screen) And you can't deviate from that. There is a sliding scale for text size so if you want it to be any bigger or smaller than the presets that option is not available. The options for background music are mediocre, some of them are really strange and it takes a lot of work searching through to find a decent soundtrack.

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020
Achir S.
Digital Marketing Executive
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-4-2020

"Best Video creation tool based on AI features "

Opmerkingen: Overall Lumen5 is an awesome tool for growth hackers and marketer like me who spend their time in creating video ads. The super impressed by the functionality of this tool. With the help of this tool I save most of my time, I just have to make minimal adjustments whenever I create video for our campaign.

Pluspunten: The best part about this tool is that it allows you to create your blog post into a video, You don't have to write the blog post again it just simple copy pasting the URL and you are good to go. There are thousands of images and video clips available which you can use while editing, adding any new slide or section to the video. The tool is based on AI which makes it easy to use. The interface is very user friendly which makes the customization part easy even for a non-technical persons.

Minpunten: The least liking factor about this tool is that when you convert the blog post into a video you cannot change the content in the blog, it only fetch the result in the URL or the content you have published. Recently I created a video by converting my blog post but sometimes as blogger we made some typing or grammar mistakes I was unable to change the script in the blog which I think needs improvement. Another thing which I dislike is sometimes it takes a lot of time in rendering the video.

• Beoordeeld op 4-4-2020
Linda R.
Director of Digital Communications
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020

"A valuable video tool for teams of any size"

Opmerkingen: This is a great tool! I suggest that anyone - soloprenuers, freelancers, larger teams - try this at least once because you'll quickly see that it's a great addition to your toolkit. We have a full-time video team and we still use this on a regular basis.

Pluspunten: It is so easy to use, and it is versatile. Great selection of stock footage, super easy to preview and edit, and output quality is high. All around, it's a great way for small teams to quickly create videos but it still scales up for larger teams who can afford to upgrade.

Minpunten: Exporting sometimes takes an extremely long time, and you never know when that will happen. It's a little hard if you're up against a deadline and that particular glitch occurs.

• Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020
Marketing Consultant
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

"Easy Videos"

Opmerkingen: I've been using Lumen5 to create short videos for Facebook for a client. The videos have typically been well received and the best part is that they don't take very long to create at all. The free images and video clips are helpful for when you don't have your own content to put in the video too.

Pluspunten: Lumen5 is a great way to create short videos from articles, blogs, etc for social media. The software grabs the content, drops it into videos and creates the slides you need (you can adjust them as you need to). It's helped level the playing field for creating video content for me without having to pay a small fortune.

Minpunten: The software can be a little finicky when you're trying to adjust where and how long text shows up, but it works well otherwise.

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019
Ametra R.
Independent Author/Blogger
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020

"How Book Trailers Are Born"

Opmerkingen: I have created some of the most remarkable book trailers using Lumen5; book trailers that have been highly complimented and shared across social media. They are an integral part of my marketing process and I can't imagine being without them.

Pluspunten: As a creator, Lumen5 is a dream for me. When I decided to make book trailers, I had no idea how I could go about it, but this is SO easy to use and the catalog of available royalty-free options is immense. I have made nearly ten trailers but, aside from shared themes depending on the novel portrayed, each one is unique. From still pictures to video clips and to music - I never run out of ways to express myself and to showcase my work.

Minpunten: I didn't like how, when I'd go back to re-edit older book trailers, the formatting would change on its own upon loading. I've since gotten used to that and I can quickly fix it. But, I'm still not sure why that happens.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020
Natalie B.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

"When Lumen5 says, "Create a Video in Minutes", they weren't joking!!"

Opmerkingen: Creating more professional style videos is flawless with Lume5!

Pluspunten: I love Lumen5 for short videos and animated videos for my social media clients. It truly is easy to easy and has a great user interface!

Minpunten: I usually do not like to complain about prices but Lumen5 is pricey! Starting at $19/month, on top of other services that I pay for as a marketing consultant, this seems a bit steep!

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020

"Great for short, simple, text-based videos."

Opmerkingen: I was lucky enough to have a free 1 year subscription from AppSumo, and enjoyed it while I used it. I did not renew after the deal ended.

Pluspunten: It made it really easy to share videos frequently on social media, without having to shoot any footage. Ideal for sharing quick tips, news, etc.

Minpunten: Resizing videos wasn't flawless, and sometimes updates wouldn't be saved causing work to be lost. Thankfully, it wasn't frequent.

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020
Reggie Y.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020

"Does what it needs to."

Pluspunten: One of the most trusted software for its functionality

Minpunten: Pricing is a little high. There are other software that do the same at a slightly lower price

• Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020
Abigail N.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-7-2018

"Easy way to convert blog posts to videos"

Pluspunten: Here's what I liked about Lumen5
1. Creating a video is pretty straightforward: After signing up, you'll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the create video button, after which you'll be shown 3 options, create a video from an article or blog post, copy & paste your content, or create a video from scratch.
2. Instant Videos: According to Lumen5 "These are intelligently crafted videos based on your blog posts." to create an instant video you'll have to add at least 1 RSS feed. After adding a feed you'll get the notification "Successfully added! We're analyzing that feed and will send you an email when we have videos ready." It took roughly 5 minutes to receive the email but instead of waiting for the email, after two minutes I refreshed the instant videos page and there were already draft videos from my blog posts. I could then edit their suggestions and tailor it to my needs. 3. Media Gallery: Lumen5 had their gallery of images, stock music and gifs which I could use to make my videos. I liked that I could upload my own images. 4. Video Orientation: I liked that I could make a landscape 16:9 video, or a square 1:1 video. 5. Video length: Lumen5 lets you choose what speed you want the "slides" to play at, this determines the length of the video. You can choose fast, slow or normal. The number of slides also determines how long your video would be.

Minpunten: 1. Instant Videos: I added 2 RSS feeds to Lumen5, one was to my LGBT book blog and the other was to my marketing blog. I wanted to see what intelligent videos they would create and while the video for my marketing blog was good, the videos for my book blog was horrible.
The images suggested did not match any of the blog posts. This is probably because while they have a good media gallery, the images are mostly generic or marketing related, so I had to replace all the images in the video.
What I think should be done: I think they need to add more diversity to the images in their media gallery. I know there is an option to upload my own image but I still think they need to have a varied selection of images that can be used for non-marketing related videos. I also think they need to improve their AI to select suitable images for a video.
2. Video Speed/Lenght: Currently the length of the video depends on the number of slides and the video speed, ie fast, slow or normal. However, if you choose "fast" this speed is applied to all the slides.
What I think should be done: I'd like to be able to vary the speed of each slide, there are some slides I'd like to be longer than the rest because it might have a lot more info than other slides, or because I want people to take an action or notice something specific. I'd rather not have all the slides play slowly.

• Beoordeeld op 13-7-2018
CEO & Founder
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2019

"The best social media platform video."

Opmerkingen: I needed to create videos with my personal style. Luxury content with music of the highest quality harmonious, cultural and inspiring. With Lumen5 I can do all this, creating videos with text content and images, or just images, or just texts, and the best, combining my ideas according to Lumen's own image and video library! It is wonderful! It has mainly Hard Rock music to serve as soundtrack for my videos! I love you guys! Please feed the platform with more images and videos from Malibu, Los Angeles, California.

Pluspunten: Lumen5 is the best video creation platform available. I feel happy and grateful to have been one of the first users in the community. I remember that I needed to create videos from my content for #LuxuryDistrict on Instagram and Youtube, but I did not know how to start. Suddenly I received an invitation from team, introducing the launch of the platform! I love you guys! I wish you all the blessings and success ever! Congratulations!

Minpunten: When the branding color palette was only put to premium users. But its alright! Lumen5 is evolving every day! Congratulations!

Wendy F.
Retirement Coach
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Lumen 5 for Easy Peasy Videos."

Opmerkingen: I've added videos to my Facebook groups and web pages. I upload to YouTube. My focus isn't on videos -- I do lots of writing, images, videos and more. BUT I spend a few hours, do a video or two and they really catch attention of my followers. Lumen makes it a fun experience for me!

Pluspunten: I really like this software as I can enter a URL from my site, or a cut and paste from a document on my computer -- and BAM, Lumen makes a video. Lumen sends an email when the video is done -- they select the important parts of the page that you'd likely want in the video. They split up the page into slides. They also automatically pick images for each slide, and places the text on it. It's really a pretty nice process... so easy peasy! I always edit. I change many of images as they auto-select images from their massive library of images, but I prefer finding my own and I enjoy that part of making the video look like it flows nicely. Some of the images are gif images that move... so the video goes image to image and also some frames have the leaves on the tree moving in the breeze, or a person smiles or waves. I like really that. I sometimes change the text selected automatically by the app. I delete a slide, add another, and change the highlighted text... just depends. I also always add music. You can search by the mood of the music so its relatively easy to pick one that fits nicely. Even if they added Voice Over (my "con" in this review), I'd still want music in the background.

Minpunten: I need a voice over option -- and that's my problem right now. I'd like to use these videos for Udemy classes and more, but I need to speak as I go. I hope they offer this soon in an upgrade!

Head intermediate Tutor Supporter
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018

" Viral videos aren't just about being funny. They're about identity creation."

Opmerkingen: Lumen 5 is a great little tool to make quick videos to add to our blog posts or use as a post promotion on a variety of social media platforms.This is SO cool and informative

Pluspunten: October 4, 2017 at 4:16 pm
I have been wanting to find an easy program or app to create short videos but many seem complicated for me, but Lumen5 Surprised me.A skill that helped me interpret information in a rational way and manage information for a given time Duration. load of a lot of feature and components are available. plus This software allows to create short videos from the website / Blog links, by entering the website/Blog URL post and utilizing their special Features to create a script for our video.
Features includes,
1.Text positioning
2.Keyword highlighting
3.Easily access millions of photos available at your finger tips.
4.Choose from thousands of free audio files and background music tracks
5.Upload your own logo and display
6.Font choices
7.Video resolution
8.Animation etc...
Can make the entire video creation process simple and intuitive

Minpunten: It Requires Excellent Connection When creating videos. Video results is great if you have a great connection too..

• Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Brian B.
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Easy Way to Create Videos From Posts"

Pluspunten: This is a pretty cool and easy way to generate high quality videos from blog posts/existing content. Overall, I like how it scans your content and then lays out a suggested video with images and motion animation. It also allows you to select music to give your videos more depth.

Minpunten: Some of the editing features are limited and lacking. This in a way keeps the production process simple and saves time, yet at times can be a bit frustrating when you'd like more options.

Ale R.
Editor
Nieuwsbladen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-2-2018

"Amazing, easy and fast for make video"

Opmerkingen: We add more content value on our site, create a new way to distribute our content on new format. We have a growing youtube channel thanks to lumen5

Pluspunten: Make videos is really expensive and time consuming. Lumen 5 is take to next level if you work with content. Is perfect, because today people consume content on post or video. We use it on somosmamas.com.ar to transform a post into a video in minutes, now we have a youtube channel and growing. - Easy to use
- Good library
- Fun to use
- Low cost for make a video
- access to premium library
- improved every single day
- dont have to writte, import text for articles
- Non video expert need (forget about adobe premiere)
- Fast result
-Perfect for brief video (1-1.30min)
- Great for add a video to your content
At the moment is the best solution for video. Fast, Easy and good end result

Minpunten: - not all video format
- need to have better personalization
- without a discount is not cheap
- no audio recording at the moment (no voice over)
- sometimes take time on rendering the video
- need more text animation

• Beoordeeld op 15-2-2018
Principal
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2018

"Amazing tool for creating shareable videos in minutes"

Pluspunten: At the risk of sounding dramatic, Lumen5 was a gamechanger. While I typically don't use the blog-to-video feature as much, it's really cool and lets you create videos for social media easily - even for those without experience in video editing software. Engagement on my clients' social media account has gone way up since I started using more video.

Minpunten: The ONLY issue I have is when uploading your own video footage, sometimes the "timing" seems off as it's based on the amount of text, and consequently, the video almost flickers for a moment. However, this is very trivial and definitely not anything to worry about - I don't think most people would notice.

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2018
Joyce M.
Business owner
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2019

"Easy to use and a great ROI"

Opmerkingen: Lumen makes it easy to create videos and share it to social media. Their support team is amazing and is a tool that works for me and my business.

Pluspunten: I love how I'm easily able to make videos in a faster pace than before. Its a simple to use software and for that my business has grown.

Minpunten: Rendering time may take up to 10 minutes.

Connor M.
Marketing Analyst
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018

"Amazing video creator and editor that allows you to upload a blog post for automatic video creation"

Opmerkingen: Easily created dozens of videos for our marketing purposes. This is something I would not have thought one person would have been able to do but I was able to churn out videos without having a team to help.

Pluspunten: We never purchased this because the free version was absolutely amazing. I was surprised there was so much functionality in the base version. The one thing the free version didn't have that I would have paid for is HD video quality but it was still good enough for our purposes. The integrated stock photos, video backgrounds, and background music is fantastic and was something I used extensively in our marketing.

Minpunten: It's amazing, but the one thing I wish existed that I brought up to their team is if you duplicate a previously made video, you can't change the blog post associated with it in their interface that allows you to easily copy and paste text from the blog post that the video is intended for. This is such a small complaint for an amazing free product.

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018
Jennifer S.
CEO/Wellness Guide
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-12-2018

"Fun and Easy!"

Opmerkingen: I love that it keeps emailing me with suggestions and new ideas to present my messages/blog content. I honestly have forgotten in between videos that I even have access to this software...and then I get an email with my own content in a video that Lumen5 created and it jazzes me up to want to edit it and create my own video and share my content in a new way. It's like an accountability coach that sends me a reminder every time I post a new blog. I love that!

Pluspunten: First of all, I love that it gave me the idea to make videos out of my blogs! I love that it keeps me up to date on that idea by sending me sample videos that it created for me automatically. I have not loved the automatic ones, but it gives me the nudge I need to be able to create what I prefer and then share a pretty cool product that I made in a very short period of time.

Minpunten: I don't like the videos it creates for me so far. I don't think the automatic program has any idea how to handle my perspective/approach - the automatic videos are very basic.

• Beoordeeld op 24-12-2018
Jessica F.
Account Coordinator
Public relations en communicatie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019

"Perfect for social videos!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, great experience!

Pluspunten: The software is very user-friendly and makes professional social videos, sized for different platforms. The video can be customized with your campaign logo and the highlight can be set to a specific color using the hex code from design files.

Minpunten: The two major cons: 1) It takes forever to render the video once created. 2) The highlight can only be placed on one section of the text, not in two different sections. That makes picking what to highlight a little tricky and it's not always exactly what you want.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
James M.
Independent Busimess Owner

"Final analysis"

Opmerkingen: There is only problem I am solving now.
Getting clients for my business.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, most importantly it is highly professional and attractive.
I like music and all features.
I think most of contacts and connection will go for it sooner than later.

Minpunten: What I liked least about this software was when it failed to reach the URL I entered.

Shannon simone M.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019

"Pro Videos with ease"

Opmerkingen: Lumen5 will have you look like a video Pro and no time you can turn your blog of content post into a live and gauging video in a matter of minutes. The simple to use interface edits and renders super fast.

Pluspunten: What I like most about lumen5 video software is it makes anybody look like a pro and is an absolute blast to use. The software the must have for Content marketing and comes with a free robust Library a video photo and music as well as templates. You can easily import your own content or start a piece of content from scratch it's a super fast way to turn a piece of content into a video for your social sharing platforms in a flash.

Minpunten: There's is nothing to not love about the software.

• Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019
Ron elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
  • Beoordeeld op 22-9-2018

"One of my most favorite Video Creation and Marketing Tool"

Opmerkingen: Satisfied!

Pluspunten: I instantly became a huge fan for this tool because of how easy it is to create Videos for your Content Marketing or Video Creation. Their Machine Learning is great! It automatically customize the duration of a "Slide" to the amount of text you inputted. That's really a time-saver for most of us! I will also going to add the vast amount of customization you can do when you create your own Video, and this sometimes can overwhelm you in a good way. Furthermore, the Stock Images, Text, Audio, etc., is huge! Customize what you need and with their Machine Learning... Videos are rich and amazing.

Minpunten: Maybe the duration of the conversion takes long but it produces the best quality so it outweighs the Cons. Customize Search can be improved.

• Beoordeeld op 22-9-2018
President & Founder
  • Beoordeeld op 15-9-2018

"Want easy to make Business Insider style videos? This is the tool for you"

Opmerkingen: It's quick, powerful and lets you create truly custom assets if you put in a little extra effort to prepare your own materials to upload to the platform first.

Pluspunten: Lumen5 is awesome. In about 5 minutes you can take any text, whether from a blog post or just copy and pasted into the tool, and create high quality 'Business Insider' style videos with just a few clicks. It's a great and convenient way to keep up with the demands of constantly needing to push out video for use on social media. The fact that you can upload your own images and videos to use in the different scenes also means that you can use this tool to create truly stunning client assets in a fraction of the time.

Minpunten: Once you input your script, whether its from a link to a blog post, or copy and pasted in... you can't edit it. You *can* add a line or two manually, but I've found the system doesn't do its job as well on the automated creative side if you do this. That means that if you find you want to add any text to your script after you've already started a video, your best and fastest option is just to head back to your dashboard and start fresh.

• Beoordeeld op 15-9-2018