Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

Sandra D.
Owner-Operator
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pluspunten: Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Minpunten: I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pluspunten: i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Minpunten: I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

KidKare Software Review

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2019
Daycare Provider
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Pluspunten: I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Minpunten: I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Didn't want to make the change.

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018
Renita H.
Owner and Director
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Pluspunten: When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Minpunten: When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

Sunshine Kids

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Wanda L.
Owner/ teacher
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pluspunten: Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Minpunten: Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

KidKare

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Tamara E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Minpunten: I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

KidKare Saves Time

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2018
Debra G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used it for sometime, 3 yrs I think or longer. I don't know what I would do without it. I am not the most organized person and this program makes it so easy.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use and very helpful. I love that I put in my receipts and file them away. When tax time comes I just hit print on the forms I need and hand them to my tax guy and he does the rest. Stress-free.

Minpunten: I am not a huge fan of the parent pay portion. I send the invoice and it takes a full 7 days to post to my account. I would think with technology today that they could move this along much quicker. I only have one family that uses this feature because I don't pro-actively offer it due to the time it takes to post. It works great and is really nice to have and if it posted in 2-3 days I would probably request most if not all my parents to use this service.

Helpful Additions

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018
Judy A.
Director, teacher, owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have not utilized the program to its entirity. It provides so many options to assist with the effieciency of the program and paperwork, taxes, record keeping. I would like an in service or training on the options concerning tax record keeping, money and space, and daily record keeping. Management skills would be so much better if I made use of these management tools.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to work through as information is added or deleted to a child's profile,
The software allows easy access to profiles, meal status, claim reviews and updates,
The message board and file is very helpful to review old and new information, and
The reminders as post are made is very helpful for meal entries.

Minpunten: Concern:
It may be the user; however, I have not been able to send messages via the software to the provider .

Quick and easy

Tammie W.
Childcare Professional
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My experience has been pretty good considering that I used a similar software in Chicago when I was doing childcare. The only issue I have is not the software but the reimbursement, providers should received their reimbursements direct deposit and that would make it over all the best. In Chicago we received reimbursements direct deposit so there were no worries.

Pluspunten: I love the idea of printing parent sign in/sign out sheets, the software is quick and easy when putting in meals. I love the feature if you want to plan meals ahead of time that it's possible and the software automatically puts the menu in when that day comes, I also like the feature that you can use for tax preparation. It is so easy to use especially a childcare provider with a busy schedule throughout the day. It is the best software out here. I love it.

Minpunten: I have no complaints. The only thing about the program that I am not excited about would be that we don't receive direct deposit.

Couldn't run my business without it!

Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019
Natalie E.
Daycare Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with KidKare has been positive. I have been using Minute Menu/KidKare since 2013 when I opened my daycare and I couldn't imagine doing everything without it.

Pluspunten: I use every part of this software except the food program because I do not provide food for my daycare. The check in and check out part is perfect for my everyday needs, auto generating invoices weekly is the best and takes a lot of work off my plate and keeping track of my expenses and mileage throughout the year makes my tax season that much easier.

Minpunten: I would like to see the software be made into an app as I use my smart phone to do daily check in and check outs. I have to continuously sign into the webpage as it kicks me out after a certain amount of time.

Dragging and Kicking

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2018
Katherine O.
Owner/operator
Voedselproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There has been some problems but to be honest, they have been due to my inexperience of doing online reporting . I feel like a pro now and have not had many problems since.

Pluspunten: I refused to go online to do my reporting. I like a pen in my hand and a page to write on. Boy was I wrong. Once I was forced to join and ask myself "what took you so long to wise up." Reporting online is the best.

Minpunten: The time line constraints. Life happens. I usually report at the end of my day. One day towards the end of my day my father was taken to emergency with a small stroke, I called my backup, licensed helper and rushed down to the hospital. I got back home in the early hours of the next day. There has been a few similar situations that have come up and I was not able to report my day. I feel that there should be some arrangement where you could be given a grace period, for instance five times a year.

I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well.

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Rayna D.
Owner/provider
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Minpunten: I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

Marlene M.
Licensed Childcare Provider
Horeca, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Pluspunten: When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Minpunten: The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Your own personal accountant

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2019
Deanna H.
Childcare Provider
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Pluspunten: I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Minpunten: I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

Love this program

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Candice C.
Child care provider
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience I love KidKare and I intend to keep using this system!

Pluspunten: What I love most about this program is that i can keep track of all my business expenses. It’s makes filing my taxes so easy. It separates the expenses in the areas they need to be for doing taxes and it tallies up the total for you. I also love that I can make my menus on there and save them for future months.

Minpunten: My only con is I am unable to use it for my clients to sign in and out without them altering their times. So therefore I use a different system for that. Along with not being able to have a live feed for the parents to see how the children’s day are going.

Great software!

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018
Kelly T.
owner Wiggles ' Giggles Childcare
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It just makes keeping up with the report easier. I also wish it had just a spreadsheet to fill in parent's payments with a running total. I don't want invoices, etc.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of completing the forms.

Minpunten: The only thing that I wish it did, which it says it does but it doesn't, is the ability to print the children's in/out times to compare with the food attendance report before submitting it. It has a print button but doesn't print anything. I also wish there was a report to check the child's meals versus the in/out time. I do the verify the in/out times but every once in a while I get an error on my claim report that says "child not present for meal."

A-1 child care home accounting program

Margaret F.
Child development home provider

Opmerkingen: Great.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of entering my expenses as well as all of my income. At the end of the year, I simply print the various reports for my tax man. I also print professional W-10s for the parents showing the income which they paid me.The computer program does the various calculations for me! This saves me time and effort, and hopefully money when it comes to our taxes.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve to best utilizing the program. Most is intuitive, but some is not. I did have a problem with the program entering AM when I was entering PM for a departure time. Hopefully we have that resolved now.

So Glad I have KidKare

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018
Lindsay S.
Daycare Provider
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have liked using it and will continue to do so. Is way more helpful to me come tax time then doing all by hand. This only is why I will continue, but all the extra things like parent invoices and meals is also a reason I will stay.

Pluspunten: I like that I can add in all my expenses and just have it printed for taxes. I also like that I can bill my parents online, they like to set up online and this helps! Keeping my meals squared away with my food program also is a big thing.

Minpunten: I don't like that between the expense and taxes I have to figure out numbers. Wish there was a way to get both time space and 100% prices. Just depends on the tax software I use that year. Wish there was some way parents could hit sign in and out each day rather than me. But this is not that big a deal.

KidKare

Sheila B.
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

Pluspunten: It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for.
Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

Minpunten: You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others.
Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number.
It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

kidKare for home daycare

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018
Peggy C.
owner/director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: keeps reports on time. Easy access to kids records Easy select and click on foods, just love the drop down food list provided.

Pluspunten: reminders that it has makes it so fail proof. if I have a question the help section has always helped me find an answer quickly. best feature a tap of the button and your monthly report is at your sponsors no more papers, postage worries and wondering if it made it there in time for payment.

Minpunten: still looking for that one. really only thing i could suggest is a notification if a child's enrollment is about to expire so we would be sure to get renewals in on time,

great program

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018
Sharon A.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

Pluspunten: the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

Minpunten: sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Food Ease

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018
Verlynn A.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This program has saved me time from the old bubble sheets and also the time and cost of snail mailing everything into the sponsors.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use. If you are missing a component on a page it won't let you save and continue until you figure it out. You can also do reports and correct any errors before it is sent to your sponsor. It also helps identify foods you should/should not be serving. Also, aids in serving sizes.

Minpunten: Sometimes when you hit a name or number the program jumps the screen causing you to have to scroll more than necessary.

Kids menu easy option!

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2019
Jennifer J.
Provider
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pluspunten: I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Minpunten: There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

KidKare Pros and Cons

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018
Terri G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All my business expenses are kept at my fingertips and it makes getting ready for tax time a breeeze.

Pluspunten: Ease of use for keeping up with menus and meals. I have several menus saved and it is very quick and easy to call them up and make my weekly plans. I also love the fact that I can use the app on my phone and can do it from there as well.

Minpunten: The invoicing section was very nonfunctional the last time I tried to use it. Kept sending out duplicate invoices or none at all. that was awhile ago, I just have not gotten the courage to try it again.

Days and minutes count

Dawn F.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pluspunten: i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Minpunten: Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.