Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over NordVPN

NordVPN past sterke codering toe op al je internetverkeer, zodat derden geen inbreuk kunnen maken op je zakelijke communicatie.

Meer informatie over NordVPN

The user interface is very easy to use and connects rapidly.

Plan renewal dates seemed to change over the 3 months I used it so I missed this first cancellation date so needed to pay for an extra month.

Beoordelingen van NordVPN

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

NordVPN heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.331 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je NordVPN eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.331)

Hanny
Engineer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent Features. Not Always Reliable

4,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Kudakwashe
Kudakwashe
Software Developer in Zuid-Afrika
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Digital world and privacy

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Aleksandr
Aleksandr
Principal Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great vpn packed in somewhat troubled software.

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is ok.
Reinstall it manually, write down the full set of packages it require for work (affect Win and mac only, mobile devices are fine to the best of my knowledge).
use their DNS as an alternative to public DNS and especially (!) to the dns provided by your network providers, they are always full of ads and unwanted redirects.
Take a look at their password manager. It is not quite clear why to use them instead of free keypass but who knows, may be this is what you are looking for.

A lot of endpoints across all the world. Clients for Win, MacOs, iOS, Android. Very intuitive and reach options, you may choose the tunnel type you want. Number of supplement software: password manager, cloud encryption, secure dns. As far as I noticed NordVPN goes very easy on the battery which is very important during the trips. NordVPN team puts a lot of efforts into making the exit nodes "clean", i.e. - keep them out of black/block lists. It is not always possible, of course, but at least they keep things under control. Quite a lot of documentations to set up nord vpn on most routers or smart devices. Speed is overall very good, depending obviously on country and area, but still - NordVPN seems not to attempt to save money on providing mediocre service, they really invest in hardware and wires. NordVPN withstand independent security checks and to the best of public knowledge they do not keep any records on user's activity. They were first to leave Russia which demand to keep records - that should mean something, right?

Well, on a flip side - there are a number of issues with the software. First of all, it is not quite stable. While session being established last until you switch it off, the application itself may just stop to connect, out of nowhere. Reinstall may not help. Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually. NordVPN software may literally kill your network connection after you disconnect from their service. It happens because it fails to restore the routes, reboot will help for casual customers while advanced may just restore the settings without reboot, but this is definitely not what you expect from "secure browsing". Support - is mediocre. You may wait for answer forever, periodically decline one more suggest to reinstall. To me - there is no support at all, at least for personal users. Things might be different for corporate, though. Software update on Apple device may fail with "unable to download" for weeks. Not sure how to fix that unless you are ready to install it manually downloading the package from their website.

Adam
Founder in Spanje
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good solution for online safety

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: NordVPN added value to my business. I was able to access services when abroad that are otherwise geo-locked. This is my main use, but its always nice to have an extra layer of security when browsing the internet and downloading unverified files.

NordVPN offers a wide choice of servers in a wide choice of countries to access. This adds an element of anonymity to browsing the internet. The download and upload speed is also pretty decent, which was a dealbreaker in other VPN solutions.

Some of the IPs I was assigned sometimes are blocked from certain servers due to other people's activities in the past. This is the only con I encountered. Some servers are abused and overused.

JayAnne
Finance in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Cancellation of Service

3,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: AWFUL. Please look at the CON description.

It is fairly easy to use once installed.

I had a very specific issue with Nord VPN. We purchased the NordVPN + NordPass and were required to pay 1 year upfront which we did in January 2023. Then in August 2023, I tried to login and it said our subscription ended. I thought that was odd since we paid for 12 months. I contacted customer service. They explained that they had suspended my account (without notice) and will terminate it completely. I asked why that was the case. They responded with a canned statement saying that their automated tools have suspected "web scraping or other activities" that violate their software agreement. Not a tech person here, so I have no idea what that means and became immediately concerned that my account had been breached. I asked them to investigate if the account had in fact been breached and if someone else had my account credentials or suspicious logins through Nord. They responded that they will not refund and the account is suspended indefinitely. Then I asked about the investigation to find out if there was an actual breach and they did not want to investigate. I do not feel security or customer service is top on their priority. I suggest a different VPN service that has a little more transparency.

E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My honest opinion about using NordVPN

5,0 2 maanden geleden

First, in my country, there are some websites we normally use to access to gather information like school related lessons on the internet to teach my students which in case I require a vpn service in order to access some of the websites that are blocked. Nordvpn gives me the option to freely access the internet without any restrictions whatsoever. The connection speed is blazingly fast even if the vpn server is located thousand of miles away from my location. Features like kill swtich are useful for me as to prevent me from using VPN service to some of the software that don't require it. I also like the deals of Nordvpn, especially if you considering for buying long-term, you should buy it as it is more worth it than buying short terms like months which you will likely pay more most of the times.

Sometimes, there are some issues that can surface if I am trying to connect to the server, like connection timeout in the midst of connecting. Some servers require more time than others to be able to connected. I also find the performance to be slow for the first time of opening it. Navigating through the app is okay at best.

Verzekeringen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Helps you stay secure continuously

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Its user-friendly. Set and forget. Easy to disable temporarily as well.

Overall, I think the price would be a little bit less

George
Manager in VK
Human Resources, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Online Security

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: NordVPN offers me the best security when browsing the internet, is available on all devices with an secure and fast connection. An important feature worth mentioning is Dark Web watch, you are informed when you email address and password is found and you can change it before it can do some damage.

Going online without any security these days is crucial. I really like NordVPN because it offers an anonymous browsing on all devices you have. The app is easy to install and setup on your PC, I installed the app on my devices (IOS and Android) and browsers extensions too. The connection via the VPN is fast and there are multiple location to choose from.

There are no cons for NordVPN, everything work like a charm.

Daniela Petronela
Sales Manager in VK
Automotive, 201-500 werknemers

Browse secure

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: NordVPN became an important software on my PC and every brower has its extension. The connection is fast and stable, the price is wright and is easy to install and use.

From my experience NordVPN is he best VPN software on the market. The connection is fast and i don't even realize the connection is through a VPN. I have a lot of servers to choose from in many countries. I always keep an eye on Darkweb Monitor feature, it shows when your email address and passwords are shared on Darkweb and change them immediately. Browser extensions are easy to install and work flawless with any browser.

No cons for NordVPN, it works very good.

Marian
IT Tehnician in Duitsland
Industriële automatisering, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Be protected online

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the greatest VPN, is available on mobile, PC and as a browser extension. There are a lot of servers worldwide, I can connect to the nearest server or even on the other side of the planet. Worth every cent.

NordVPN is easy to use, setting up the account and the software is easy. Browser extensions are does a great job if you have more PC and want to browse privately. Another good feature is Dark Web Monitor, you are informed whenever your password is found on dark web, helping you keep you accounts secure.

Offers huge discounts only for a period of time.

Julian
UX Consultant in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Great VPN option from a well-known brand

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this is a great option from a well-known and trusted brand. Recommended.

Easy to use with a simple and clean UI. No significant slowdown when using the VPN which is a huge bonus, and most VPN locations are available most of the time.

No real negatives from my perspective, but the price is fairly standard as far as I know. It's pretty much the same price as competitors so doesn't stand out here.

Ian
Prevent Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Very Secure VPN and Easy to Use

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have had a really good overall experience using NordVPN. We would recommend it to any company that is looking for more security layers for their network. The engineers were able to quickly learn the product and users had good feedback with its use.

The administration console had great configuration settings and rules that our techs were able to setup and deploy pretty quickly. The users were able to install the vpn without too much intervention. It has helped keep our data and network more secure.

The installs didn't always work and the users login credentials had to be reset often for them to be able to connect. The downtimes for trouble shooting issues was longer than expected.

Nabila
Nabila
Human Resources Manager in Maleisië
Vermogensbeheer, 10.000+ werknemers

NordVPN help me to protect my digital footprint

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This VPN is outstanding and it has achieved everything it promised in terms of a VPN. I use this app on a personal level, and it allows me to visit web pages in other states that are not available in my own country. It also allows me to watch Netflix from the United States and the United Kingdom in my own region. It has also aided me in my professional and personal endeavors.

I've been using this app for quite some time now, and I believe I can safely claim it's fantastic. I had used some free VPNs before buying this app, but they were ineffective and slowed down my link rates. Since I've had NordVPN, my link speed has been constant each time I use the app. The software also has a huge number of servers all around the world, which comes in handy if you want to stream Netflix or other apps in different countries. The NordVPN customer service team is also quick to respond and will guide you through any issues you may have. It is also quite user-friendly, simple to use, and fast. It can also bind up to five computers at the same time.

To be honest, I have no complaints or critical remarks about NordVPN. I've been using this app for a long time, and they've always achieved everything they promised in terms of a VPN. I don't have any complaints about NordVPN right now.

Walter
Exec VP in VS
Internationale handel en ontwikkeling, 2-10 werknemers

One of the better VPN products but not the best

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Timmy
Software Developer in VS
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Privately access data, monitor team connections.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software is extremely easy to use. Once the client is opened on a desktop or mobile device and user-authenticated, your IP is bounced to a host country or location of your choice. The sensitive data that we send back and forth among team members is then obscured from all parties except those on either end. Great for secure communication between small, intensively-uploading and downloading teams.

I liked that I was able to securely send sensitive data with a single button click to connect with the client. I also found it useful to be able to see if my teammates were connected via NordVPN so that I could send them data with the assurance of encryption/security.

Only 25-30 countries are usable as VPN hosts. This is fine, but limits the amount of bouncing that the IP address can do. Users and admins are able to determine which hosts they allow or use.

Parth
Parth
software engineer in India
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Surf web securely With Nord VPN

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 1. We are using this software to access the data of clients present in other countries like us and the UK.
2. increase in internet speed allow the employee to finish the task in no time.

1. Works on every platform that is it is supported by ios, android as well as laptops and computers too. 2. An interactive interface as well as a secured platform, attracts users. 3. Way too many country options are being provided each of them with high-speed server connectivity. 4. Privacy is not compromised at any cost and a constant speed is being provided to the end-user. 5. Active customer care service is there too.

1. It's an expensive VPN software as compared to others available in the market. 2. Sometimes instability in the network is observed by users. 3. Constant updates irritate the user too.

desmond
Head of quality standards and accreditation in Ghana
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Nord vpn: the best virtual private network you can count on

Opmerkingen: Great satisfied experience

protects your privacy online and help to access block geo-controlled sites with ease

Sometimes having issues using ones account on multiple devices, the hitches is quite annoying

carl
carl
Community Manager in Canada
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers

Excellent VPN service

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent for being on the Internet safely and privately on Wi-Fi networks and connections from mobile devices and desktops

Military encryption capable of hiding our location and personal IP. Almost all servers in the world have a good internet speed. The Kill Switch function is a very good option to prevent data leaks in case of network interruptions.

They reduced the payment gateway and eliminated the free trial versions. The automatic software that charges monthly is very strict and sometimes rejects some credit cards.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country. Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal. It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means). Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Mark
Designer in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients. Finally on the home front, my wife and children use NordVPN on a daily basis and having become quite proficient with it. Actually have a few neighbors using it too. My wife who is not particularly computer savvy is completely happy using Nord every day while she is on the Internet. One of the reasons I am writing this has to do with the fact that our subscription to Norton renews in June and we were just having a discussion about the VPN last week as I asked if she wanted me to look at other options. Both she and my children agree we should continue using Norton for our home VPN service

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success. Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all of the reasons for picking Nord but all four VPNs stated they offered nearly the same features and functionality. I do remember how consistent NordVPN’s speeds were between servers. Also their customer support was crucial in getting our business. Our company has high bandwidth usage on a daily basis and we have had very few problems with our VPN. As Nord has incorporated new features into their platform we have had almost seamless transitions with the product.

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Joseph
Joseph
Developer in Kenia
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Agrxis Review on NordVPN

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I've had a really positive overall NordVPN experience, and I'm quite happy with the amount of anonymity and security it provides. NordVPN has grown to be a crucial tool for me as a person who values internet privacy. I can easily browse the internet and access geo-restricted content thanks to the VPN service's dependable and quick connection. I value the vast network of servers that are accessible in various areas since it guarantees that I can always locate a server that satisfies my demands. I can rest easy knowing that my internet actions are not being monitored or recorded thanks to the stringent no-logs policy. My data is protected from potential threats by NordVPN's cutting-edge encryption techniques and features like Double VPN and CyberSec. It is simple to connect to and switch between servers due to the user-friendly setup and UI.

I am absolutely thrilled with NordVPN and the incredible benefits it offers. It has completely transformed my online experience and provided me with the utmost security and privacy. The feature that I appreciate the most about NordVPN is its extensive network of servers located all around the world. With a simple click, I can connect to any server of my choice, allowing me to bypass geographic restrictions and access content that would otherwise be unavailable in my region. This has opened up a whole new world of possibilities, whether it's streaming my favorite shows, accessing blocked websites, or even working remotely without worrying about censorship. Moreover, NordVPN's robust encryption and advanced security protocols ensure that my online activities are shielded from prying eyes, providing me with a secure and anonymous browsing experience. The blazing-fast connection speeds and unlimited bandwidth further enhance my browsing and streaming experience, without any compromise on performance. The user-friendly interface and intuitive setup make it incredibly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not very tech-savvy. The availability of dedicated apps for various devices ensures that I can enjoy the benefits of NordVPN across all my devices seamlessly. Overall, NordVPN has exceeded my expectations in every aspect, delivering unparalleled privacy, security, and freedom on the internet. I wholeheartedly recommend NordVPN to anyone looking for a reliable and feature-pa

While NordVPN has given me dependable and safe internet browsing, there were a few features that I didn't particularly like. The sporadic slowdown in connection speed when using particular server locations was one feature that I found a little disappointing. Even while the majority of the servers provided good performance, there were times when I noticed a definite slowdown in browsing speed, particularly when connecting to distant servers.

Patrick
Website Designer And Gamer in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A Must Have!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when i needed to mask my own IP and get the protection i needed to continue to enjoy my gaming experiences and thats what they offered me. I enabled NordVPN on my PC and never been kicked off since. I feel more safe now knowing its something i no longer have to worry about. I also use NordVPN for my everyday internet searching and website visiting to feel a bit better about my personal information not being so easliy found out and sites using my information to tailor their ads towards me.

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Skyler
Content Writer in Colombia
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

NordVPN is the best value VPN available

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am a digital nomad and work online as a freelance writer. I travel the world and use public wifi in many different places, such as Airbnb, hotels, cafes, airports, train stations, public parks, and more. I use NordVPN each time I am online, and it has always kept my data and private information safe. It is easy to connect, and it just works!

I liked how easy it is to get set up, how fast internet speeds are, and the huge country list to select from. Each country also has many different servers available, in case one happens to be slow. The user interface is also very visually appealing, and the settings are easy to configure and change, even without much technical experience. I also like how affordable it is, with huge discounts available if you buy a 3 year plan.

Occasionally it doesn't work on certain internet connections, and I need to disable it. But most of the time, I can just switch to a different country/server and that fixed the problem right away. Other than that, I am very happy with NordVPN.

Alberto
Sales Support in Italië
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

The Ultimate Solution for Online Security and Privacy

5,0 vorig jaar

NordVPN is an excellent software that offers a wide range of features to ensure online security and privacy. Here are some of the best things about NordVPN:Advanced encryption and secure protocols to protect online activities.Double VPN function for an extra layer of security.Customizable firewall to block unauthorized access to the system.Financial data protection to secure sensitive financial transactions.Threat intelligence to identify and block potential cyber threats.User-friendly interface and easy-to-use software.Overall, NordVPN is an excellent software that offers a comprehensive suite of security tools to protect online activities and ensure online privacy. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for enhanced online security and privacy.

While NordVPN is an excellent software with many great features, there are a few potential downsides that should be considered:Speed: While NordVPN offers fast connection speeds, some users may experience slower speeds when connecting to certain servers or locations.Limited P2P servers: NordVPN has a limited number of P2P servers, which could be an issue for users who frequently use peer-to-peer file sharing services.

Angus
Angus
Company Director in VK
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 2-10 werknemers

Great VPN to Use For Security Conscious Businesses

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: NordVPN helped my business keep their data secure and granted my company the privacy that it sought after. It's a very easy VPN to use that I'd recommend to anyone.

I like how NordVPN have 0 track record of disclosing customer information to law enforcement. It proves that they really store 0 customer logs and are conscious about data security.

The only issue I had with NordVPN is that occasionally a few of their servers would have bad latency and I'd need to switch to a new one.

Samuel
Web Designer and Business Owner in Kenia
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Gives Access to Many Servers in Different Locations

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our devices have many files and sensitive data about our company and clients. We need a VPN to enhance security when accessing different sites. NordVPN provides servers in different countries and states to allow anonymous browsing. NordVPN is easy to download, set up, navigate and choose the right IP address.

I like NordVPN because it does not save or share personal data including the sites you have visited. It protects you when browsing and does not store or share your data with other parties. I also like NordVPN because it is designed to disconnect whenever the serve connection is interrupted. Therefore, the websites you visit cannot access your personal IP address. It also blocks adverts and stops access to potentially malicious sites.

NordVPN tends to slow down the loading speed. Some servers seem to have congested users than others so you might not enjoy high loading speed when browsing using certain IP address. Although the connection is not always slow, it affects our experience when using NordVPN. The price could also hinder some users but longer subscriptions often attract discounts.