Over ScanWriter

ScanWriter is a Fraud Detection and Investigation Software that empower your investigations with actionable data insights.

Meer informatie over ScanWriter

This software was very hard to use for our accounting firm. It takes to long to read the document.

Beoordelingen van ScanWriter

Waar voor je geld

ScanWriter heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 12 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Reviews filteren (12)

Sorteren op

Heb je ScanWriter eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (12)

Randal
Randal
Construction Accounting Specialist in VS

We have used ScanWriter for several years in our accounting practice and love it!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Saved us a lot of time in reconciling bank and credit card statements. Fairly easy to train new staff.

It does what it promised and whenever we have any issues tech support fixed it immediately if not sooner.

Short learning curve. It took us about three days off and on to figure it out because we used it on an Intuit Approved Commercial Host for our QuickBooks For Contractor clients.

Raveesha
Investigator in India
Wetshandhaving, Zelfstandig ondernemer

ScanWriter allows me to focus on more important tasks by taking care of data preparation & analysis

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Their customer support staff is wonderful. For me, the after-sale service is extremely important for any product or service and it speaks volumes about the company.

The ease of conversion of scanned documents, including handwritten checks from PDF to Excel plus the powerful data visualization features to easily understand the flow of funds and track the audit trail. It saves a lot of time I used to spend on data preparation and analysis. It is also very convenient for verifying the transactions from the bank statements and other documents while preparing data before exporting it to Excel and this feature ensures 100% accuracy of the data.

The only thing that bothers me is the recent increase in the price of the software, making it a little on the higher side. Other than that the software is easy to use and provides customer support, which is great. Since the pros of the software outweigh the cons, I continue using it at an increased price as well and it has now become a necessity for me.

Carla
Accountant in VS
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Hard to us

1,0 2 jaar geleden

We could not find anything positive about this software.

Denise
Accountant in Canada
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Saves me a lot of time

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I can't imagine not using Scanwriter now. It just saves me so much time. I wish some of the tasks I have to do manually in Scanwriter, could be automated by the software, but overall it works well for me.

Scanwriter for Quickbooks allows me to enter hundreds of invoices and payments into Quickbooks Desktop in far less time than manual entry would allow. Their support team is always available to help when I have an issue. Each type of document has a "Reader" that Scanwriter's team creates to read your document, so they have to have a set format to work with the software. If the document is a common one that other companies also need, the readers are free. If the document is a custom one, there is a charge for Scanwriter to create a reader. Some readers, ie for receiving payments, will do almost everything automatically with very little intervention from me. Others, require more manipulation and prepping of the data, so save me less time.

There is a learning curve to get going in Scanwriter, like most other software. Sometimes upon opening the program it is not able to connect to the internet or my Quickbooks, so I have to restart my computer to get all of the features working properly. I am also experiencing some data corruption issues in Quickbooks since starting to integrate with Scanwriter. I am not sure if this is contributing to the problems. Also, some documents are slower to read, but I am free to do other tasks during the reading , so I am still very productive.

Digital Marketing Associate in India
Research, 51-200 werknemers

Flow of funds analysis made easy by ScanWriter

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: ScanWriter is a Game Changer! And I am on the winning team! …I love it.

With ScanWriter, we were able to complete the case in weeks instead of months, determined the flow of funds and traced the money, could take on more cases to support the agency’s mission, and manage large data sets while maintaining data integrity

No specific cons. It meets our needs. Significantly, the Flow of Funds model quickly illustrates where the money comes from, where it is going, who is involved, and more.

Nitesh
Manager in India
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Super easy to convert bank statements into Excel and analyze them

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We had bulky pdfs and it used to take a lot of time to convert those pdfs into excel. Scanwriter helped us convert those pdfs into spreadsheets with 100% accuracy.

This software makes converting bulky pdf into excel spreadsheets much easier. An investigator can easily analyze where the money trail is going. We have used other software like Bank-Scan but nothing beats ScanWriter.

It would be helpful if there are detailed instructions written in the software as what to do next.

Copywriter in Singapore
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

"Accuracy, Speed and Ease of Use Makes ScanWriter a Winner"

5,0 vorig jaar

1. Accuracy in capturing financial data. 2. It supports thousands of financial institutions. 3. Saves manual labor of capturing and cleansing the data 4. Automatically creates data visualizations for financial data giving time more quality time for real investigations

Can't think of any downsides of ScanWriter at the moment.

Carla
Owner in VS

It's super easy to import documents.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My job becomes so much easier with it that my stress levels have dropped drastically lol

This software makes it so easy to import documents to work with that my job becomes very easy to achieve.

Melissa
Melissa
Bookkeeper and Certified Quickbooks Proadvisor in VS

I have used Scanwriter for several years and it is a great tool for quickly entering data.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Saves a lot of time so I am more productive.

It is very fast and reliable. The customer service is superb! The best of any product I have used.

I wish there were more instructions on the website or videos and it is not always clear what to do next when using the software.

Chase
Owner in VS
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers

Hands down the best around!!!

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Extremely user friendly and provides information that other software doesn’t.

I just wish I would have started using sooner.

Jany
Accountant in VS
Vermogensbeheer, 11-50 werknemers

Scan Writer changes how bookkeeping is done, in a flash!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

ScanWriter's sales team spent time customizing our special needs in scanning daily sales log that would normally take 1.5 days per week to process into a couple of minutes work. They spent time running sample and showing us how it could be done. Very helpful support team.

The price could be a bit high if you need to customize a lot of different work.

Emmanuel
Project officer in Nigeria
, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

It those what it promises

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The best part of the software is its feature that allows for the conversion of files to excel format, allowing me to easily work on files on other platforms. i must say it is reliable

The only issue i have is the price. It cost much especially when you have a lot of customizing to do.