Kangarootime reviews

Over Kangarootime

The leading all-in-one childcare software with automated payments and billing, a digital classroom and a parent communication tool.

Meer informatie over Kangarootime

I enjoy having one place where parents can get all of their information from administration, teachers, therapists and nursing staff.

Beoordelingen van Kangarootime

Waar voor je geld

Kangarootime heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 78 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Kangarootime eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (78)

Shira
Shira
CEO in VS

Awesome Software!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kangarootime has made the operations of my childcare center and preschool so much easier. I highly recommend Kangarootime

Most helpful: integration with the Kisi system for secure keyless entry, easy to use tuition collection via the parent app, ability to send photos and updates of children to parents throughout the day, ability to communicate with families and staff, easy to use parent app giving parents access to all features in one place, customer service is extraordinary, continuous improvements to the product are excellent, training for implementation made adoption of the software very easy, support for centers and engagement of the team with centers is exemplary

A bit more expensive than other options but entirely worth it! Honestly, the difference in cost may have been made up by not having to purchase other tools for some of the functions Kangarootime offers

2 jaar geleden

Hi Shira - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime! We're so happy to hear that our software is helping your center. We have taken your pricing feedback and shared it with our team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Owner & President in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great software for child care centers

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kangarootime has helped us improve communication with parents and teachers, and eliminate lots of paperwork. The Kangarootime team has been great to work with. They are very responsive and supportive.

Software gives our Administrators constant visibility to room attendance and staffing. Parents love the smartphone app and the ability to communicate directly with Teachers and Administrators. Teachers love how the software helps them easily enter updates on the children without having to type out full sentences on the tablet.

The software is relatively new so they are still adding and improving some functionality. Billing lacked some features that we wanted initially but they have been responsive to requests for improvements. Reporting is also limited but is expanding.

3 jaar geleden

Hi David - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the software has benefitted your administrators, teachers and parents. We're also happy to hear that our team has been responsive to your product feedback and customer service needs. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Dellisha
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Good foundation with work to be done

3,0 3 jaar geleden

I like the ability to see the amount of children in the building and the amount of children enrolled. As well as the ability to take pictures.

I don't like how outdated this software seems. I compare to tadpoles and I like that Tadpoles is particular with the tablets that can be used for their software and the tablets take phenomenal pictures. The quality of pictures sent home are a disappointment. I do like the way the pictures come out when teachers log into Kanagrootime from their phone. I just feel like the software is so outdated. I always think that when it comes to billing there's no way to fix a mistake. No easy way. I think it's silly to have to "credit" or add line instead of delete a billing mistake. I don't like how glitchy the app is. If I look through my gallery and keep scrolling it crashes. I don't like how I have to explain to parents to view the breakdown of their billing on the browser because the app does not offer it. If a child is "tagged" in a photo with other children (group photo) that photo shouldn't be able to be downloaded. That's another thing I love about Tadpole and how up to date it is with technology. as a mother, I would be very upset if someone posted my child on their social media without my consent.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Dellisha - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate the candid feedback about our software and have shared it with our product team. We're always open to feedback and incorporate it into our design process. I'm excited to share that a lot of your recommendations will be included in our update that will be released next year. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rebecca
Management in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Everything in One!

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Kangarootime makes daily operations easier. I can check attendance to see how many kids I am expecting. Staff and parents can communicate during the day through the messaging app. Multiple people can be included in a message through a feature to message an entire classroom or the entire center! Billing is done right through the app; parents setup automatic payment through their bank account or credit card so weekly all I need to do is verify the charges. Parts of billing can be confusing like when charges for next week are visible to the parent. It is easy to identify children with allergies because a yellow ring appears around their "face". Parents can put contact information into the app which makes it easier for staff to contact parents.

I wish the messages part of the software could be organized, for instance sort messages into different folders; or filter by date or classroom or search word. It is time consuming to sort through an inbox to find what you are looking for.

2 maanden geleden

Hi Rebecca, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad you enjoy the all-in-one functionality of our platform. We love hearing how you use Kangarootime to communicate with families and make billing easier. Thank you for the feedback on our messaging feature. We're always looking to improve! Our team is here if you need anything or have any additional feedback. Thank you again!

Jill

Helpful Tool

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Kangarootime is a software package that takes care of my of our needs in our PDO & Preschool program. It covers billing & payments for our families, tracks employee time worked and allows for daily communication with our families. Overall, we are pleased with KT and the service they offer.

This is the first software program that our center has used. The billing and auto pay is wonderful! There are a lot of options so that we can personalize the billing. I never have any past due accounts with online & auto pay. This is also a good tool to share daily information and pictures with the parents. One of the things I like most about Kangarootime is the people. Customer service is very responsive and helpful in finding answers to questions and problems. They also listen to the needs of the customer and add needed features into the software.

My older teachers have struggled to learn to use the program. The user interface isn't as intuitive as it could be.

8 maanden geleden

Hi Jill, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear our billing and parent communication features have helped your center. We're also glad to hear our customer service team has been helpful as that is most important to us! If you have any feedback in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Samantha

3+ years with this software

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: KangarooTime has everything we need for our business. From the parent experience to the staff experience - we have minimal issues.

As a childcare director - it was very important to me to have a program that the parents feel included. KangarooTime helps us communicate effectively with our parents, and organize our tuition and paperwork. We love the checking in and out feature.

There needs to be an admin / staff app instead of fully web-based. The interface of the daily reports (circles in circles) is not user-friendly. Billing is too complicated.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Samantha, thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that our parent engagement features have helped improve communication at your center. We're looking forward to updating our interface and improving features in our new platform. Stay tuned! If you have any further feedback, please reach out. Thanks again!

Rebecca
Executive Director in VS

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great product that has helped make communication with the parents much easier through the messaging app. Parents have also been paying at a faster rate due to being able to pay without having to be on site.

This software is very easy to use. It gave us a way to communicate with our parents efficiently and effectively. The parents are able to see how their child's day has been as it's happening in the classroom. Collecting payments from parents has become easier since everything is done through the app and they receive invoices daily. As a administrator of three sites I like being able to see what is happening at all three locations while not having to be on site.

While in the rooming setting it is often hard to see the child's pictures in each classroom. It would be nice to have those enlarged. We would also like to have the guardians face flashing on the child instead of the bouncing kangaroo so we know exactly who is picking up the child without having to take a couple extra steps.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Rebecca - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear that we've helped your center with collecting payments and communication with your parents. We shared your feedback about the rooming with our product team. If you have any additional feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Kristin
Regional Director in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Change is hard but well worth it!

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the best aspects of this company is its customer service. If you call you are not on hold forever and you speak to a live person. emails are answered within 48 hours and during the set up process the staff was available at any time to help trouble shoot. We do have a weird payment schedule and the staff continues to work with us on tweaking things to get the right. Our parents love the daily reporting which we did on paper prior and the automatic and electronic billing. Overall A+ from me!

This is very user friendly and combines what we were using 2 or 3 softwares to do into one package. Our goal was to have better and more consistent communication with our customer base and this does it and more!

Dislikes would be not being about to put all the children to sleep at once in the rooming module, which I have reported to the company and this is coming as a change in the future.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Kristin - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear we have helped to improve communication with your customers! We also are glad to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you. If you have any feedback you would like to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Laura
Executive Assistant in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using Kangarootime over the past several years has streamlined collecting tuition in a timely manner. From lackluster payments that run several months behind all the way up to the end of school in June, we now (in December) are completely collected for our 2019-20 tuition.

Kangarootime maintains records - from financial to children/family files & attendance in one streamlined package. Because it is maintained in the Cloud, it is much more secure than paper documents in a physical location; however documents scanned & uploaded can be easily retrieved & printed by both school administration & parents. Kangarootime is not a finished product. It continues to grow & change to accommodate users' needs.

Because Kangarootime was initially created for Daycare facilities, the billing structure is a bit different that the way our 10 month nursery school program bills. We have, however, managed a work around & the Support Staff are FANTASTIC!

3 jaar geleden

Hi Laura - Thank you so much for writing a review for Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that we've helped your streamline your school's tuition collection and also helped maintain your records. We are also very happy to hear our customer service team has been helpful! If you have any feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Jennifer
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

Saint Francis

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The one great benefit we have experienced is the automatic charging of the accounts. We used to have to charge the accounts each week.

I like that we can send mass emails to all of the parents at the same time, the children's dailies can be sent electronically, pictures can be taken of the children for the parents to see daily, can keep an up to date account of the parents tuitions.

Our parents have had some issues with the app and setting up their accounts. We have also had issues with the charges

3 jaar geleden

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've made parent communication and charing of the accounts easier for you! We will share the feedback about parents setting up the accounts and charges with our product teamif you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Kellie
Center Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Kangarootime is very beneficial!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We truly enjoy using Kangarootime, it is very user friendly, our parents are very happy with the app and all its features!

Kangarootime is a great software program to use in child care settings! Both staff and parents love utilizing the app. The app is great for communication, allergy updates, medical alerts, billing payments, and sending pictures. I love being able to see all the kiddos on my grouping screen throughout the day, as well as my staff.

There is nothing I don't like about KT! Everything is very user friendly, we enjoy using KT!

10 maanden geleden

Hi Kellie, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed using our platform at your center! Thank you again for your kind words. If you have any feedback in the future, don't hesitate to reach out!

Daria

Kangarootime Pros and Cons

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kangarootime has been easy to navigate as far as invoices and billing. The team that we were set up with to launch the app for our school was phenomenal and responded quickly. The PDF files of "How-To" for Kangarootime that were provided for us to share with new families were very helpful as well.

This software has features that allow childcare centers to communicate with families as well as send pictures of their children.

The app does not notify families when a photo has been sent and our teachers find it difficult to manage the "rooming" feature. The function of tagging children in photos seems to be more difficult and has more steps than other apps that I have used in other daycare centers.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Daria - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear our invoices and billing are easy to navigate, and that our customer service has been so helpful. We will share the parent communication feedback with our product teamif you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out to us!

Frances
Corporate Administrator in VS

Opmerkingen: Amazing!

That it is all inclusive for out industry. Billing, daily reports for children, employee time cards, etc. The customer service is fantastic. I really love this program!

I don't have any cons about this software. The cons that I did have they have corrected or are in them process of fixing.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Frances - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing, daily reports and time cards have been helpful to your centers. We also love to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Staryl
Maatschappelijk werk, 51-200 werknemers

Everyday Use

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Kangarootime has been great. It is the best one that I have used so far. It does what I need it to do.

I use the childcare aspect of the software. It is easy to use once you know how it works. The communication between the parents and teachers is wonderful. It's easy to use especially for the parents. Billing is easy to use also. I like seeing the centers and which children are in the room and how many. It's very helpful. Signing in for the day is easy and if someone forgets to punch in or out, it's easy to correct. All the different features are easy to use and very helpful. If I'm not sure how to do something Kagarootime does respond in a timely manor.

The scheduling app is not that friendly. But it is getting better. Also it doesn't update quickly when checking in/ out children, I'm always refreshing it.

3 maanden geleden

Hi Staryl, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear you like the parent communication, billing, and check-in features we offer. Our customer support team is always here to help with any additional feedback you may have. Thank you again!

Pamela

KangarooTime Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall our experience has been good.

The excellent customer support we always receive. And the fact that they take our ideas and implement them the best they can.

Invoices don't go through like they are supposed to on some families. Which causes frustrations.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Pamela - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear you've had a good experience with us and that our team has been responsive to feedback. We will take your input about invoices and share it with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, feel free to share it with us!

Jessica

Kangarootime Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Billing is very difficult and using the system in our classrooms is difficult.

up to date with the times, billing automatically goes onto the statement, when a payment is done online

you have to click on every single icon to get to an account, change an account, it is not on the same screen and makes it difficult to input information. It is very tedious and time-consuming. Our other software was very easy to utilize, we could see the charges, account details, all on one page.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate your candid feedback about the challenges you have with the software. We have shared this with our product team. We're excited to share that we have some exciting updates for next year that will improve the user experience. If you have an input you would like to share in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

Ginger

Billing dream come true!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service is prompt and helpful. Responses are personal and not automatic. It makes us feel like real people are looking out for us.

We chose Kangarootime because it was a small company with a big heart. It has completed changed the way we bill and receive payments. It is the main reason we have the software.

We are disappointed in the messaging platform. We are used to constant contact and miss the ability to make beautiful emails. Only one attachment per email is frustrating.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Ginger, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad to hear that our billing platform was able to help make things easier at your center. We appreciate your feedback on our messaging platform and will take it into account as we continue to make improvements. Thank you again for your review. If you have any other feedback, don't hesitate to reach out!

Karla
VP Operations in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

All encompassing childcare management software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

We love the fact that Kangarootime has automated so much of our business processes! It's great to have one product that handles everything from accounting to employees to parents. The Kangarootime support team has been great along the way!

There are some shortfalls in reporting and there is necessary development to still be done to make the software package as fully robust as it could be. However, Kangarootime has come a long way in development and design since we first became a client in 2017.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Karla - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that our software has automated your business and that our team has been helpful to you! We appreciate your feedback and have shared that with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out!

Christine
Principal/Director in VS

Kangarootime Rocks!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

We can't believe how much time we have reclaimed since beginning with KT. The parents love the real time updates and the staff loves the visual cues and intuitive use. I love that parents can pay online and I now receive over 90% of tuition in the first week of each month!

Wishing I could upload a word document right into class notes so that we can upload flyers and lesson plans.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Christine - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime! We are thrilled to hear that our software has helped your team save time and that we've helped improve communication with your staff and families. We have shared your feedback about uploading Word documents with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future that you would like to share, do not hesitate to reach out.

Kim
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Everything we needed in one place

4,0 10 maanden geleden

This software does everything that we needed 2 programs to do in the past.

Photo uploading is time concuming. Used an old app that let you take the photo and attach it to the child in one click. Also only being able to upload one parent is a pain.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Kim, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that our software gives you everything you need in one platform. We appreciate your feedback on photo uploading and are actively improving that workflow. Stay tuned! Thank you again and let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Jessica
Accounting Manager in VS
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers

Accounting Perspective

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We would like Kangarootime integrated with our payroll software in the year 2022.

User-friendly interface. If the report isn't there, Kangarootime will create it for you.

There could be more beneficial information in there on a 'dashboard' that pulls metrics on a daily basis. I believe K2 will be able to do this.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear you enjoy our interface and that our team has helped you with reporting. If you have any other feedback in the future, please reach out!

Lynda
Director in VS

Kangarootime has helped to free some of my time since I don't have to make sign-in sheets every week

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I find Kangarootime user friendly and once you learn how to operate it, it's pretty easy. I like the fact that all the children are assigned into classrooms, so I know who is here and who is absent. I also like the fact that the company is always improving functions and making it easier for everyone to use.

When you are on one page and need to go to another, it is difficult to go back and at times you have to start from the beginning. We should be able to go back and forth, from page to page with out being dumped out of the system. In the messaging area I would like the parent to be assigned to a child especially if they have a different last name. In the afternoon the teachers stay on the main rooming page as, they are responsible for check out for all the children and you don't see when any new messages come in. If parents don't request check in or check out, we don't know if that child is here until we are in our separate classrooms or ready to go home.

Kristy
Maatschappelijk werk, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good software for Child care facilities

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Helps our teachers keep track of diaper changes, feeding etc. Billing is a little confusing but has been helpful.

Helps with handling billing and payments

Needs a home button on all pages. Some features are hard to use or find.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Kristy - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that we've been helpful with handling billing and payments. We have shared the feedback about the home button with our product team. If you want to provide more specific feedback to us, do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for taking the time!

Michelle
Executive Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

An Executive who loves Kangarootime and has all of her centers participating with the program!!!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been wonderful! The owner of the company is GREAT!

I LOVE That this program is easy to access and that the staff at Kangarootime are so available to help and assist with any questions, concerns or suggestions that you may have!

I wish that we were able to move staff from center to center without having them recreate a new account. My understanding is that it will come in Kangarootime.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're glad to hear you've had a good experience using our platform! Our next-generation platform does have the ability to schedule staff across multiple centers. Stay tuned! Thank you again for your review!

Lisette

KangarooTime Review

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love KangarooTime! Coming from the "old school" method of paper and pen, this software has made our centers day to day so much easier!!

Makes the day to day input of a child's day so easy and user friendly, even for those who are not good with technology.

One thing I wish we could change is some of the billing components (being able to go out in the future with changes instead of having to do the week before). I also am not a fan of the fact that if you make a change in someone's account after Tuesday that uses autopay, it cancels out the autopay for that week.

9 maanden geleden

Hi Lisette, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that our software has made operations at your center easier. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. Don't hesitate to reach out in the future! Thank you again.