Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Sematext Cloud

Sematext gives businesses full-stack visibility by exposing logs, metrics, real user & synthetic data and traces through a single Cloud

Meer informatie over Sematext Cloud

27 reviews worden weergegeven

Guilherme G.
Guilherme G.
Software Engineer in Brazilië
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Way more than a log tool

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Sematex has become increasingly essential in our tool set. It goes far beyond a simple log manager, delivering valuable information from this huge amount of data.

Sematex has impressed us in recent months for its ability to deliver robust tools for analyzing and mining the information present in our logs. Through its customizable Dashboards, we can analyze very important statistics both to characterize the behavior of our users and to help us identify problems in our code.

The experience of using the Sematex interface has improved a lot, but it is not always so intuitive to find the resources we want. Reading the logs is also not as clean as I would like to see.

vorig jaar

Thanks for your feedback Guilherme! I'm really happy you like the product. If there is any more feedback you'd like to share regarding the Sematext user interface and experience, I'm happy to listen. Thanks again for your time.

Debodirno C.
Member of Technical Staff in India
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

One stop solution for infrastructure insights!

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I used this to manage my infra and this has really helped me a lot to understand the usage pattern of the app and also helps in safely predicting when the load will be high and when it will be low. Finding out memory leaks for JVM has also been very easy when I was trying to get insights about GC and JVM pool.

- Very detailed reports - Installing an agent happens in a jiffy - Very intuitive UI - Good support from the Sematext team

- Documentation missing for old agents - Ubuntu < 16 - Agent once crashed - cause is still unknown!

vorig jaar

Hey Debodirno! Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. If there's anything else we can help you with, feel free to reach out!

Chao Y.
Software Engineer in Nieuw-Zeeland
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Worth switching from other logging aggregation

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Satisfied but need more time to evaluate

I just switch from ELK. Sematext is a surprise to me. It is so easy to integrate and so easy to use. The web UI is so intuitive and the query syntax is so easy to use even if you are not a technical guy. Compared to ELK, it is a real cloud service, you never need to worry about you lose the logs .

I haven’t found so far. Only thing is the price is a little bit high for a standup.

vorig jaar

Hey Chao! Thanks a lot for your feedback. If you ever have any questions regarding how to manage your pricing and keep costs optimized, feel free to reach out to our team in the Sematext live chat.

Lucas P.
Embedded Systems Architect in Brazilië
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

IoT log monitoring made easy

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have been monitoring a fleet of IoT devices with Sematext.
Using it we can quickly send data from the devices and analyze it later, making feature development faster and debugging way easier.

Easy to use and extremely fast to filter log data. Ready-to-use Java and Android libraries made integration a very fast process. Main UI is very similar to Kibana, and it also provides the full experience if you need it. Fast and knowledgeable tech support.

There are rare instances where the UI becomes unresponsive or slow.

DevOps Lead in Nieuw-Zeeland
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Much More Than Log Aggregation

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Sematext is a proven and reliable offering, without a single outage I can recall in the past 2.5 years. The customer support is amazing and queries are answered without fail within a couple of hours. They are constantly working on the product and increasing their offerings. They offer customers the chance to trial new products and give feedback, which is fantastic. We use Sematext for:
* Log Aggregation
* Monitoring and Alerting
* Incident Investigation
* Log Retention
* Debugging
I love how we can easily set up alerts on logs and receive Slack or OpsGenie notifications when events occur. I would highly recommend Sematext as a vendor.

* Super Reliable * Excellent Customer Support * Constantly Adding Features * Constantly Improving

There are very few things not to like about this software and company. The way accounts are set up, where you have to log in then "become" the account owner to see your logs is strange, and needs to be explained to each new user.

vorig jaar

Hey! Thanks a lot for your feedback regarding the RBAC. We've worked on several improvements in the way you can configure account permissions for every member of a team. Feedback like this help us a lot to understand what should be improved. Thanks again!

Justin M.
Devops in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Logging at its finest

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall great experience and we use it daily. Have had no real issues

Logs are sent quickly and the search features work great.

Have ran into issues running out of log storage for the day which can impact production logging

vorig jaar

Hey Justin! Thanks for your feedback. I'm thrilled you like the product. Regarding log storage, we have a feature called Daily Volume Limit. This is a limit you can configure at which Sematext will start rejecting logs to prevent overly high costs. You can also set this limit to a higher value at which you will not lose production logs, but risk paying a bit more.

Matthew P.
CTO in VS

Great but with a small caveat for what is probably an unusual setup

4 4 jaar geleden

Super easy way to see metrics and do log analysis with alerting! We have clusters running in six regions around the globe and use Sematext for all our log analysis and error alerting.

If you have a lot of clusters that you would like to keep separate in Sematext for various reasons (for us we have the same setup running in different regions of the globe) but want the same Sematext configuration (filters, alerts, etc) then you have to manually keep things in sync. Currently, it is impossible to have the same Sematext configuration applied to multiple apps...

vorig jaar

Hey Matthew! This feedback is gold. Thanks a lot! We have added your suggestion to our roadmap, and will explore how to save multiple configs or even clone Apps.

Ben R.
DevOps Engineer in VS

Sematext shows one unified view for all of our Docker log, events, and metrics!

5 4 jaar geleden

Docker Metrics and Docker Logs all in one place! Correlating between logs, metrics, and events is awesome! Hosted Kibana without the hassle of setting it up ourselves.

Sometimes the UI can be a bit cramped, and slow. Features of the UI, like getting a list of events when correlating is not as intuitive as it could be (little spreadsheet icon). Logsene searching has a learning curve. Having logs, events, and metrics on one page can be cramped, and sometimes results in the page becoming unresponsive.

vorig jaar

Hi Ben! We really appreciate your review. We've put in major effort in fixing the correlations. We now have a Split Screen feature that will improve the UX significantly. Read more here: https://sematext.com/product-updates/#/2020/new-split-screen-to-correlate-and-pivot-between-metrics-logs-and-much-more

Szabolcs S.
Szabolcs S.
Senior IT Architect in Zwitserland
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

A cool managed service coming from seemingly technically versed people

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy setup, no-headache operations, flexible and instant sizing and fantastic technical support

Fantastic technical support, even feature requests (for sematext-agent) were sometimes implemented within hours. Sematext even setup its EU data center (partly) on our request. Thank you very much!

Business arrangements like a custom contract or plan sizes are not so easy and speedy to "implement" - but that's only a non-technical issue in the case of bigger probably public corporations.

Patrick B.
Patrick B.
Lead Software Engineer in Duitsland
11-50 werknemers

Log Aggregation that works

5 4 jaar geleden

- Choice of Sematexts own simple UI, and Kibana - Easy to integrate, since the API supports a number of common standards (elasticsearch, syslogd)

- User Management could be improved, members added to the team have to switch to the team sphere, even if they dont have and apps configured themselves - Missing feature: Filtering the context view (e.g. if there is an exception, displaying its context works, but I cannot limit that context)

vorig jaar

Hi Patrick! Thanks a lot for your feedback. We have recently added improvements to our RBAC and teams features. Hope you like it.

David C.
CTO in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Good For Monitoring

5 vorig jaar

Great for monitoring Solr, with great memory use graphs.

We wished the retention period was a bit larger for the free tier.

vorig jaar

Hey David! Thanks for your feedback! We recently released a Logs Integration for Solr as well! You can now drill down to Solr-specific logs and debug issues even faster.

Steven I.
VP Technology in VS
Consumentengoederen, 11-50 werknemers

Our experience with Sematext

5 vorig jaar

We are using Sematext as a logging solution for early detection of unanticipated error conditions, both server-side and in our front-end JavaScript. We needed a system that would provide enough context so we could debug any issues detected. Overall, Sematext does the job. By logging what's going right as well as what's going wrong, It's pretty easy to understand the broader context.

It is a bit pricey, but not out of line with other products in this space.

Clayton S.
Software Developer in VS

Wonderful product

5 vorig jaar

Very easy to use Good support staff Efficient and easy billing

User interface took me a second to get used to

vorig jaar

Hi Clayton! I'm thrilled you like the product. If you have any more feedback regarding the user interface and how to make it simpler, I'd love to hear you out!

Guru S.
Co-Founder in Canada

Intuitive server metrics tracking

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Sematext support was overall positive and they are super helpful when integrating with the tech stack.

Sematext provided support for our GoSchedule engineering team to track server logs, exceptions, and other essential metrics in a single dashboard. This helped the whole engineering team to decide when to scale and add more machines for production load. This increased our engineering team productivity and sleep well during night.

So far we didnt have any negative experience with the software.

Michal B.
Michal B.
Product Development Consultant in Finland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Works as expected

4 vorig jaar

The UI is quite easy to use, intuitive, does not reinvent the wheel.

Setting up logging from a serverless nodejs app was quite complicated. I could not get the logsene-sematext library provided by Sematext to work and I could not find a solid documentation for how to use the log API myself. Luckily, the library is open source so I could figure out how to post log messages directly from the source code.

vorig jaar

Hey Michal! Thanks a lot for your feedback. Last week we added new integrations for AWS services including Lambda, ECS, and CloudWatch apart from the Vercel integration you mentioned. You can now follow the integration instructions and configure it in minutes! If you need any additional help with configuring your serverless app, feel free to just shoot a message in the Sematext live chat. :)

DevOps Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Best monitoring tool under the budget

5 vorig jaar

Easy to setup and configure addons. Log Monitoring & Infra monitoring is good.

None, it suited within our budget. You can add option for real time monitoring. The current poll interval is 1 min I guess.

Claire R.
Software engineer in VS
Telecommunicatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great monitoring

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Very positive, love the UI and ease of use.

I really enjoy the flexibility Sematext allows

Integration was less straightforward than anticipated

CTI analyst in Canada
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 10.000+ werknemers

Very easy to work with

5 vorig jaar

Sematext is very easy to navigate by providing a nice interface environment without complicated clutter. The documentation is also amazing.

It needs more integrations with security tools.

vorig jaar

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We've added security tools to our roadmap. Stay tuned for updates!

Carlos M.
Software Engineer in Mexico
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Easy of use

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have a feeling of an easy to understand product, and that motivates people to adopt new platforms and the paradigm it represents.

I am impressed with how easy it is to learn, start using the product, and the more I use it the more I discover features that I did not know I needed and makes my life easier.

UI sometimes is in my opinion kind of slow

vorig jaar

Thanks for your feedback Carlos! We've put in major effort to make the product as easy as possible to get started. We're actively working on improving the page-load speed of the user interface. Stay tuned for more updates!

Joseph H.
President in VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Straitforward and easy setup.

4 vorig jaar

The software was quick and easy to get up and running in our test environment.

There were some glitches with their management console, a little to much email notifications.

vorig jaar

Hi Joseph! Thanks a lot for your review. We've taken the time to implement a new flow for email notifications. Your feedback was very useful. :)

Arpit K.
Director - Research & Innovation in India
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

SOLR-Cloud monitoring using Sematext

5 vorig jaar

The ease of setting up the monitoring for a giant Solr Cloud setup.

At times the data showed up slightly delayed than our expectations, however it is not something that happened frequently enough to escalate the concern.

Akos K.
Test automation engineer in Hongarije
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Easy to use log management solution

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great tool to monitor infrastructure and your users. Online resources and trainings are useful.

Fast and easy setup, no additional network configuration is needed. Docker container monitoring is easy with this tool. You can set alert rules. It has a nice UI with a lot of charts.

More information about data protection policy is needed to use it in production.

vorig jaar

Hi Akos! Thanks for your review. It means a lot! I hope our Privacy Policy - https://sematext.com/legal/privacy/ can give you some of the answers you are looking for to use Sematext in production.

Deepak V.
Web Developer in Canada
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Sematext is an excellent monitoring and logging platform for Docker and Kubernetes

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Excellent platform for monitoring and logging for Kubernetes.

Easy to install. Collects relevant metrics.

Does not integrate with AWS web services.

vorig jaar

Hey Deepak! Thanks for using Sematext to monitor Kubernetes metrics and logs. We recently added integrations for managed Kubernetes providers including AWS EKS, AWS ECS, AKS, GCE, Openshift, Mesos, and Nomad. Now you can monitor any type of Kubernetes cluster!

Jason B.
Systems architect in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Good monitoring product

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have moved the company into docker containers. Semester has been very helpful to show what is happening with our container infrastructure.

Ability to drill down to see exact metrics. Ease of use.

None. I like it. Trying to get company to commit to larger engagement of SEMA text.

Programer in Japan
Automotive, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I'm using on the heroku

4 vorig jaar

surely sends logs to me on my heroku app

Not supported Japanese language, English only