Easy To Use For Non-Designers

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Beau K.
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Woodbury School of Business
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love how I can just login to this software online since my Chrome Book cannot download software. I am having a great experience using this.

Pluspunten: Since I am a non-designer, it is a very useful application. I like how the creative team can lock certain aspects of a logo so that the brand integrity is always there. Being able to contribute to content creation helps ease the burden on the creative and accelerates overall creativity.

Minpunten: There really isn't much to dislike with this software, it is so useful for our team. I wish I could do more with the software but it is a little to complicated for me.

A lot of software like this

Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019
Business Analyst
Telecommunicatie, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Creating internal documents for team events/workshops/internal changes has been helpful. We have a separate software for customer-facing media but not everything requires that much detail and it's nice to have this where any one can use it.

Pluspunten: In their template recommendations, they have options split by print, mobile, social media, etc and then sub categories for each which is helpful if you don't have much experience making these materials. Even the fonts are categorized. The paid version lets you upload fonts. You can copy/paste images onto the page to skip the upload process but it doesn't always format correctly. You can download or have them print it for you and send it to you.

Minpunten: If you don't have the paid version, it's difficult to know what's free vs paid before you select it. The editing page is intimidating at first as it looks very professional, but you get used to it.

Solid Publishing Product

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Travis J.
Director of Development
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software has been clutch during my time hear. It's helped raise a lot of awareness and resources. Great for semi-pro shop.

Pluspunten: - always upgrading (sometimes don't like some of the upgrades though)
- ease of use
- cloud based
- pretty flexible

Minpunten: - not enough cloud storage for true needs without upgrading to level of service that we don't need any other features for
- could have better tutorials to help new users get started (video walkthroughs, etc)
- sometimes updates make work more difficult
- needs to allow customization for default features
- I hate that I can't use arrows to scroll through fonts

Free version is useful for many purposes

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2019
Kent K.
Communications Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lucidpress was a dream solution for the very small nonprofit organization I was working with when I first discovered it (7+ years ago). It offered tools and features that allowed us to create promotional materials like posters, fliers, forms, reports, etc. It now limits the print quality within the free version to a point that it is only useful for creating quick art for social media. For that purpose, I still recommend it occasionally.

Pluspunten: Highlights of Lucidpress include sharing and collaborating on files, as well as being to work on files from anywhere with internet access.

Minpunten: They have severely hobbled the quality of files that can be downloaded with a paid version.

Lucidpress design champ

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2019
Belinda M.
Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: .I used this software severally when I first started writing and I must say, its one of the best design softwares out there. it made it less complicated and also fun creating the content I wanted for my presentations and even my writing.

Pluspunten: Firstly, I'd like to say, I appreciate how easy it is to work on and how it allows me be more creative with my brand designs. I have used the software severally to design flyers and even the cover for one of my books. it is a very great tool for content creators and even office personnel.
“With its awesome wide variety of templates, you can easily create your wonderful ideas.

Minpunten: I tried using it on my Android phone but couldn't. Apparently, you can only use it on a PC and that is a limitation to me because there are times when I don't have my PC close bye and I need to quickly work on my phone and I can't access the software on my phone.

Lucidpress Makes Us Look Good

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Claire S.
Spiritual Mentor and Coach
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Lucidpress to make flyers, proposals ebook documents the most. I have been very satisfied with the end product. It works really well for a solopreneur. I use it alongside GIMP and the two work very well for me.

Pluspunten: Lucidpress has a wide variety of templates for all the types of design that I need. The interface is simple - easy to understand and use. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to resize, copy from one document to another, and set custom colors.

Minpunten: It took a little getting used to because I came to it with a different software interface in my head. In addition, I always have to increase the zoom, but that's a small matter.

AMAZING if you're trying to self-publish a book (or other publishing media)

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2019
Richard M.
IT Support Specialist
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Used it to publish my wife's book on Amazon. She had a ton of non-standard writing too (poetic indents, lots of italics and bolds and quotes, etc.) and Lucidpress handled it all

Pluspunten: If you have written a book and tried to publish, you know that writing the damn thing is one project, but getting it into book format is a whole other beast. Lucidpress is amazing for getting your words in book format. HIGHLY recommend if you're trying to self-publish on Amazon or something.

Minpunten: It's great. No real cons. Amazingly helpful tool and seems to just keep getting better/easier with every update. Keep it up Lucidpress!!

Great design app

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Devon A.
Assistant Vice President
Verzekeringen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Lucid press has great templates and things to get you started designing. It’s really easy to customize the flyers for whatever you need.

Minpunten: The platform left a little to be desired when it came to moving elements around within a template. The information could be customized but the elements could not be moved easily. Also the import file format was a little difficult to get a hold of.

Easy for Non-Designers

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Lexie K.
Graphic Designer
Grafisch ontwerp, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Pluspunten: I liked how I was able to transfer all my skills from Illustrator and MORE from this software. It has advanced capabilities even though even though beginners can use it too. It puts a lot of pressure off me, as a graphic designer, when writers can create visuals of what they are thinking themselves.

Minpunten: This does not replace Illustrator in my opinion since there is just not the same amount of flexibility offered. It is still useful for the writers.

Good for Basic Design

Beoordeeld op 27-12-2019
Matthew B.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For fairly simple design work, such as school newsletters, LucidPress is a great tool, but for more complex work it won't make the grade.

Pluspunten: LucidPress is very simple to use and can create some nice designs, especially with some very useful templates.

Minpunten: It's design functions and features are not as advanced as Canva or InDesign, so you are a bit limited in what you can create.

Lucidpress is a versatile online publishing software which is cost-competitive and feature-rich.

Sudhir G.
HR Officer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Lucidpress is a wonderful and dynamic online publishing software resource which caters to every level of need and skill. Lucidpress scores major points in its editing features which also includes uploading your customized fonts. The layout of the features is well spaced out and easy to manage, which helps the designer to seamlessly work without experiencing any hiccups (read: crashes). It is a very cost-effective (cost-competitive) alternative to various desktop publishing software. It has some lovely touches when it comes to embedding things viz. Youtube videos. This is a boon for those who wish to add spice to their online newsletters. It has a wonderful Image Manager (though it would be great if some tweaks such as Folders were added), but it works efficiently nonetheless. The ability to access images from Google Drive, Dropbox and even Flickr gives it wins in this regard. What I TRULY love the most is its ease of use. As a non-regular designer, I needed a good software system to design documents at work and create fliers and newsletters for our local non-profit club without causing a major damage to my pocket. With Lucidpress, I was set up and working on my documents in no time after registering.

Minpunten: The absence of a comprehensive image library. Lucidpress needs to, at least, have a PNG based graphic icons library which users can use in their documents. As it is an online based system, providing Stock images would be a plus. Also, the absence of an app (Android/iOS) with at least basic features.

Lucidpress

Beoordeeld op 9-5-2019
Junior Graphic Designer
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall Lucidpress gets the job done and is a good resource for someone just starting out or looking to do some quick designing. I wouldn't recommend it to more affluent designers, but newbies should certainly consider adding it to their tool belt of programs.

Pluspunten: Lucidpress is a good resource for basic level design rendering with a clean and simple user interface. It gets the job done. The company offers a free demo as well so you can do some basic testing of functionality before committing to spending money on it. The ease-of-use is a prominent feature that makes it a great tool for designers and non-designers alike. I would highly recommend this to people looking to do their own design work on a very basic level.

Minpunten: There is unfortunately a very limited selection of free templates to use and no library of icons or stock graphics to pull from. It limits and inhibit users some in the process. It would be a great feature to consider adding to make the software more worth the money.

Been using Lucidpress for nearly two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Beoordeeld op 16-6-2017
Linh L.
Social Worker
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Opmerkingen: Getting paid.

Pluspunten: Lucidpress is a great online-based software for those who cannot download software on their computers. As a chromebook user, it was a handy tool for me to create, edit and download PDFs I have created. I created things from flyers to presentations to postcards. Easy to use and simple to use. Lucidpress is great to use when you need basic editing tools from Adobe InDesign.

Minpunten: More features! Lucidpress should use more work on the picture editing tool. Some of the brightness and contrast doesn't work too well, so I prefer to do simple editing on Photoshop for my brightening needs on photos.

Beautiful Template Designs!

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2019
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This site is perfect for creative people and people who just need help getting something done. They can make simple event pamphlets or even simple business cards. There are a variety of options. I needed a site a few months ago to help me with my posts and blog newsletters. This site allowed me to create and I was able to work on my projects with no issue. I am glad I found this site and it’s helped me with my creative process as well. Simple and affordable prices as well.

Pluspunten: This site has to be one of my top favorites. I love how I am able to create so many different visual projects with this site. I have blog posts and writer posts that I create daily. I also work on newsletters and this site helps me get each assignment done. I love how I have so many choices in templates and I can create with each template design. I especially love the book template designs and the newsletter template designs. I also enjoy being creative with each one and it’s not overly time-consuming. I get to be free with what I am trying to do. I like how each button I need to work on my designs is on the left side of the page and very easy to get to. I love how I can go to my recent document section without a problem and I love the option of being able to upload my own images for each project. I love the amount of storage space offered and that’s a good amount for me. My user settings are broken down and easy to understand. Finally my other favorite thing about this site is that I am able to connect with Microsoft and also Google Drive.

Minpunten: I dislike only one thing about this site. I don’t like how there are only two free templates to work with when you are working on a book cover. It would be nice to have at least a few more .I know it’s the free version I have been using for a while, but it would be nice to have more.

I've used LucidPress for professional projects like posters, business cards, and graphics. Awesome.

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2017
Mark B.
Writer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Everything pops. Lots of versatility and storage. When I create posters and flyers they look professional, more than professional. They grab attention, and I didn't have to attend 30 hours of online courses in learning to use complicated software.

Minpunten: I'd like to see the ability to "flatten" PDFs for printing. Printers have come back to me with questions regarding fonts, graphics, etc. that aren't embedded. I've encountered one or two glitches in a final printed product that resulted from non-flattened transparencies. I don't have Adobe's suite of products (and don't want to pay for or learn to use them), that's the whole point of using a product like LucidPress. Please get that "flatten" feature working!!!

I love the user-friendliness of the program, my documents look great without tons of hours poured in

Cassie R.
Graphics Designer/Newsletter Editor
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's easy to add and manipulate graphics and text. The upload font upgrade is well worth it to have more options. Customer support is good too and they are always upgrading the services and experience

Minpunten: I don't like the storage system. If you upload a photo and use it four times, the storage counts it against your account each individual time. That can chew up a lot of space

I love this! I am an art teacher and I use it to design all of my handouts. So easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 22-6-2017
Sarah C.
Art Teacher
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Make handouts every day!

Pluspunten: Easy, great fonts, and design options. It is so nice that the photos are stored right on the site. I also love that it is through a webpage and I can access it anywhere.

Minpunten: I purchased for space but it fills up very quickly! I also don't like that if you delete a photo from the photo storage it deletes it from your document!

Lucidpress makes creating graphics/marketing materials for our church a breeze!

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018
Adam M.
Pastor
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: As a pc-turned-mac user, finding an easy to use software to create promo/marketing was hard- I was used to using Publisher--and had never settled on a similar program on our mac computers. Options seemed pretty pricy--until I discovered Lucidpress. Now, we can quickly create clean and professional looking materials for our church's programs and events. Very affordable, and very helpful. The entire experience of using Lucidpress is easy to use. All buttons are intuitive and feel very natural to use--especially as a former publisher user. It gives a variety of options for saving/printing--and the onboard templates are a huge time-saver. Pick a template, customize as needed, and away you go. Very fast process, and the end product looks amazing and communicates our messages well.

Works for me!

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Heather O.
Managing partner
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I need good quality graphics for my small online store. I don’t have a designer on payroll, so having an easy to use solution like Lucidpress is awesome.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to use and how many templates are available.

Minpunten: I wish there were more fonts available without an upgrade to the premium plan.

I love Lucidress

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2019
Rand L.
Executive Director
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I find Lucidpress so easy to use. A few years ago, I was actively looking for an online application to make flyers and posters to market my business. I couldn't find anything and I thought I might have to develop it myself. It seemed like such a necessary product. Then I suddenly stumbled upon Lucidpress. It was exactly what I was looking for. With just a few mouse clicks, a novice like me can make a professional looking flyer, saving me hundreds of dollars at a time.

Minpunten: Every once in a while, I select a feature that is only available if I upgrade to a premium subscription.

Lucidpress brings functionality and a modern quality to the publications we create.

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2017
Ashley F.
Communications Manager
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software helped us modernize our publications. Instead of "flat" print pieces, we can now create interactive publications. We utilize this especially for our quarterly publication providing YouTube videos, photo galleries, links to resources our members may have missed. I also love that if something was incorrect, all I need to do is fix it and republish it and no one else would know.

Pluspunten: The software is extremely intuitive. We utilize Lucidpress for a quarterly publication and it is extremely easy to create templates or copy older files in order to keep branding consistent throughout. I like the variety of things you can create and like that their are some loaded templates if you want a basis to start from.

lucidpress document and image editing online software

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Lawrence C.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: branding, social media.
We use it also with other applications like Vistaprint for printed media.
we find it very easy to use, and are very happy with the quality. We feel it's good value for money, but doesn't replace a professional graphic design service.
Really liked being able to use a free version to get the hang of the software. we then chose to go with the upgraded (paid) version.

Pluspunten: very easy to use image editing software with some great features ... like being able to upload and store a bank of images, easy to use options for sharing and working on projects and a nice in-between option as far as complexity and quality is concerned. I'd say it is ideal for folks that something like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is overkill, yet need the more tools and resources that you may fond with most online (either free or paid) apps / software.

Minpunten: not being able to access all (or at least more) fonts despite using a paid version.

Easiest Program Ever

William S.
Editor
Openbare veiligheid, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has made the creation of our monthly magazine much easier than ever before.

Pluspunten: LucidPress is easy to learn and easy to use. It helps me create a magazine of sometimes as much as 30+ pages in only a few days. It is also very adaptable. It is so easy to add or subtract pages, I don't know how I ever got along without it!

Minpunten: The only real 'con' I can thing of is the image manager. All of the images I have ever used (lots!) are stored from earliest to most recent in the manager with no apparent way to categorize them or archive them by subject.

Intuitive, easy to use, nice results.

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2019
Maggie G.
CEO/Producer,Writer,Director
Entertainment, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Before finding and using lucidpress, I was never completely satisfied with the professional look of my television series Bibles. Lucidpress solved those concerns.

Pluspunten: I found lucidpress to be easy to use, the functionality was very intuitive, I was also very satisfied with the fact that I can upload my own pictures with ease. This was my first experience with lucidpress I used it for a television series Bible and so far the reactions and feedback has been very positive.

Minpunten: So far I have not run into any cons. Lucid is easy to use.

Amazing design software

Greg R.
Owner/Publisher
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy for a novice like me to design pages

Pluspunten: I could not get a handle on InDesign, far to complicated if you didn't start with them in the beginning. I had to hire a designer for my digital publication. I found LucidPress and I'm a designer! So EASY to use.. I create amazing pages for my publication theblueupright.com a fly fishing catalog.. Just try it!

Minpunten: Would like to embed video's on the pages, not link. Would like to be able to separate documents. also would like an easier way to renumber pages.