Hotjar Really Helped Us Leverage Our Business!

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Ratish K.
Digital Marketing Analyst
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been good so far. Initially, we were worried about the user insights and heatmaps to test the pages/CTA'S for better campaigning of our products. But, as soon as we started utilizing the set of tools from Hotjar we are so happy that we are able to find a quick solution for problem that helps our business grow and provide our customers with a GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Pluspunten: Have been using Hotjar for more than a couple of years and is the opinion on the tool
1. Hotjar has a very simple and easily accessible dashboard that has Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels created, Active polls, Surveys, and Recruiters.
2. Heatmaps have really helped us understand the landing pages and test various parameters for many of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
3. Visitor recordings and monitoring are soo good that helped us understand and rectify the issues that users come across. This has really helped our engineering/technical team in identifying the bug and fixing it ASAP thus resolving our customer issues quickly.
4. Had some experience on using the funnels as well which gave us some ideas on how to better modify the landing pages and we were able to understand the content.
5. The polls part has also added value to our business by letting us know on what the visitors are missing on our website.
6. The pricing of this tool is reasonable that students, enthusiasts and start-up companies can easily afford it. We have started with Basic Free Forever plan and later upgraded to Plus plan once our website started getting some good amount of traffic.
7. Multiple filter feature saves our time in analyzing the important pages and metrics.
8. Being a member of the customer success team for a couple of SAAS products I analyzed and learned some good metrics that helped our business grow.
9. Hotjar can be used by any team member like Digital Marketers, Support Agent

Minpunten: Although I do not have any cons in my mind regarding this tool I would just like to suggest the Hotjar team to give us quick response for any queries/ issues by providing instant live chat option.

Analytics on steroids

Beoordeeld op 25-12-2018
Ranvir G.
Co-Founder
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: From a marketing point of view it is an absolute necessity to know which areas of your webpage does your visitor interact with most and what can you do to create more engagement. It is also essential for a marketeer to undestand which pages of portions of a page leads to users bouncing off the site. I used to use google analytics for most of my analytics works it simply did not work. That’s when I found hotjar and it was the thing of my dreams. It let me see usign heatmeaps the exact areas where users are interacting with most and allowed us to create suer polls right on the site for users to tell us what they would like us to add to the site.

Minpunten: Though no one should mind paying for such a great tool, and its offers a lot of features for free, some of them like unlimited storage of analytic reports will only be available to paying users, but thats only fair as far as I am concerned. Apart from this I have never found any other issue with their application.

Started from the bottom, now we here

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Online Performance Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been a beta user and I've now been using Hotjar for over 2 years (even have the tshirt to prove it). While other tools such as Zoho PageSense, MouseFlow and Inspectlet do a similar job, Hotjar makes it dead-simple. Heatmaps and visitor recordings are a godsend, next to regular anayltics. And every single feature is free? That's beyond crazy!

Pluspunten: - Heatmaps and visitors recordings work like a charm and provide a great deal of information.
- If Google Analytics tells you what and how many, Hotjar tells you why: polls make it easy to gather user feedback.
- Using all of its features, you can get a better grasp into why people don't fill in a certain form or don't buy a product.

Minpunten: - Some features are blocked behind a paywall.
- Organization of sites and companies can get confusing at times.
- Not all descriptions make it clear what a specific feature does.

Hotjar is an easy and affordable user feedback tool that helps us tailor user experience.

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018
Web Content Manager
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've used hotjar to identify navigational, organizational, and functional issues on our website that crop up in actual use, issues that may not appear in our daily use or testing. It allows us to see how users are interacting with our site and collect user feedback, and that lets us find ways to improve the experience

Pluspunten: Using hotjar is like being able to stand next to your users and watch them use your site. This gives you actionable insight that many times numbers alone may not be able to tell you. And if you are someone who isn't comfortable sifting through analytics, it makes it extremely simple to identify potential problem areas in the user experience that you, being familiar with the site, might miss. The features are all sufficiently developed to be able to handle most straightforward tasks. Also, Hotjar is (at the time of this writing) very affordable for what you get out of it. My primary site is a local home goods retailer. We mostly use the session recording and heatmapping features, in addition to the poll feature. There are other features, such as the conversion funnel tracking, survey feature, and others. Although we don't use those much, the solution more than worth it for the recording and heatmapping. Their support is also fast and helpful.

Minpunten: There aren't many things to not like about Hotjar. I suppose one of the issues I have run into is that the conversion funnel tracking tool doesn't seem to accurately report metrics for us. I've never bothered to try and get this fixed since we use other methods to evaluate conversion funnels anyway. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any notable issues.

The eyes you should have on your website

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019
Carlos M.
Desarrollador web
Design en ontwerp, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a web designer this tool allowed me to track activity of the first users and detect things like: resposive problems, image problems, where the users are lost, where the users dont click and why, where the use leaves my website and why and what the user experience was overall.
My experience with this tool has been almost fantastic, I would recomend it to every webmaster.

Pluspunten: Hotjar is a very useful app, integrated with websites will allow you to track the heatmaps and every action the user made, divided by device and showing every data you can need and even more. It also has the hability to record every action of the user or track a funnel performance, I recommend this tool specially to optimize websites, because it will allow you to know where exactly the user is lost.

Minpunten: What I dont like if this software is that I would like to advice users that they are going to be recorded somehow but it doesnt have that option. I would also make a simpler design for admin the websites, right now it can be a little messy for new users.

Wow, What a Product!

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2017
Justin L.
Marketing Operations Manager
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Within an hour of integrating it into our site and CRM (which took only minutes), we were getting recordings of user visits and heat maps, greatly increasing our ability to quickly improve the performance of our website and marketing campaigns.

Pluspunten: What DON'T I like about this software is more like it. I'm blown away that there's not more reviews for HotJar and am very happy to have spotted this opportunity to give them some love. HotJar is easily the best value-to-price behavior mapping software of its kind, and I've used and shopped for several of them. That pretty much sums it up. From heat mapping to visitor recordings to polling functionality, I simply haven't had to look for another solution since I found it, and it is much more cost-effective than its competitors. Its integrations that we have implemented have worked splendidly, as well. 5 stars, hands down.

Minpunten: I'm only listing "cons" because I have to to submit this review. Some of its user interface wasn't completely intuitive to me at first but I overcame it quickly and don't think it's fair to expect every software program to not come with a little bit of a learning curve. Within a couple of days I was navigating it fluidly.

Watch, Change, Improve, Repeat

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2017
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Stumbled across Hotjar after paying way too much with another company. Hotjar is the best thing on the market for price, hands-down.
It is easy to use, easy to set up, and you can be recording users, generating heat maps, and collecting polls from day one.
We used Hotjar primarily for recordings and polls. Recordings are crisp, easy to watch, and I love that you can add notes to the video WHILE you are watching. And then save those notes for other people on your team to see later.
The polls feature is great. Many options for when the poll launches. Hotjar makes it easy to analyze your data, or export it and analyze it on your own.

Minpunten: The only downside is that Hotjar cannot record what happens inside an iframe. Such a bummer if you really need to see how your users interact.

Essential app for web testing and user research

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018
Jessie B.
Website Marketing Specialist
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's been crucial in giving us clarity in how people interact with our website, whether or not they're seeing essential pieces of content, and make design decisions based on that data.

Pluspunten: We switched from CrazyEgg to Hotjar over a year ago, and haven't looked back. At the time, CrazyEgg didn't offer user videos (videos of people using our website) and Hotjar did, so we switched over. What I love most about Hotjar is that it's not just providing insights about how our users click and scroll via heatmaps, but I can gather more qualitative data by setting up polls or video recordings as well. The "share this heatmap" feature (where I can get a unique link to a heatmap that I can share with anyone on my team -- regardless of if they have access to Hotjar or not) is super handy as well. It helps me collaborate with our user researchers or send data to other teams (I sit on the web marketing team) when I find insights that they'd find valuable.

Minpunten: I wish I could have more flexibility with the design and branding of the polls. The few times I've added one to our website, it looks a little frankenstein-y in comparison to the rest of our design.

Great Way to Track Website Activity!

Beoordeeld op 28-6-2019
Customer Experience Manager
Medische apparatuur, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall great experience! Really helps us see the functionality of our website through the eyes of the user.

Pluspunten: Kind of crazy there's a service that exists that literally captures video of the user's time on your website! It's like a video recording of each session. We can see exactly where the mouse goes, and which landing pages they're going to, and where they last are before leaving our site

Minpunten: Wish the recording gave us more info on the user. I know that's probably a violation of privacy, but it would be cool! That way we could reach out to them directly to see if they had any questions or needed help finding the right product

Hotjar Review

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2019
Director of Digital Marketing
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Hotjar to analyze load times and user journey on my website. This has really helped me see how far users are going through the site and which pages are more successful. I've also learned which call to actions are getting the most traction.

Pluspunten: I love being able to track users as they access and view my website. The heatmaps are very informative and useful for A/B testing with the site.

Minpunten: I wish that the software provided more information about website visitors. The biggest downside is that I am unable to use the heatmap functionality for the email signup popup that is located on the site. I would like to be able to see what user's behavior looks like there.

Does what it needs to do

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
Co-Founder
Omroepen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are capturing feedback from our members right after they make a donation to our organization. This is a great way for us to know why our members support the organization. Being able to more accurately attribute them to individual members in our CRM would be very beneficial.

Pluspunten: We are only using this tool for post transaction surveys. Creating a quick survey and linking it to a landing page is very quick and easy. There are no widgets to install, you simply feed the tool the landing page URL and it will link the survey to the page. When your user hits the page, a request that they take a survey pops up. You are given the option to perform the pop-up on page load or with a slight delay. I can set up a new survey and link to it in under 10 minutes - and I can clone other surveys (though it is a little difficult to find this option). The documentation is pretty well done and has been helpful.

Minpunten: The tool is not geared toward automation of the results. You can't edit a small typo in your questions, any changes and the tool automatically creates a new question and I believe deactivates the other. This means your results are now split into two columns. While I understand the logic behind this, there should be a way to simply edit a typo. I wish there was a way to have an internal name for the surveys so I can easily identify what and when I used a specific survey. I also wish there was a way to archive the results so that I am not reviewing already reviewed answers. I'm hoping there will be a more open api in the future so I could pass in an account id and pull the data directly from Hot Jar into my CRM.

Great software for understanding your users' behavior

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
John K.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall we've had an awesome experience with Hotjar, it provides insights like no other software and we've been able to test and see if our webpages are having the intended effect on users and where to improve. Without it, we would be doing a lot more testing and analyzing click through rates and time on screen to optimize for our objectives. It's cut the optimization time down tenfold.

Pluspunten: The basic feature of providing heatmaps is incredibly valuable in understanding if users are getting the right experience from your webpages. It was easy to set up and install, the user interface is great, and actually provides valuable insights beyond click-through-rates as to what users are doing on your webpages. I haven't come across any software that provides this level on insight and it does a great job on understanding where user attention is and where to improve your marketing/webpages.

Minpunten: I wish it integrated better with other analytics software. I'd also really like to see an A/B testing feature of sorts where you could "set goals" like in other analytics and come up with a winner based on user behavior. Tagging certain parts of the screen as good or bad to coincide with the data it collects would also be very useful. For now it's most useful to manually look at what's happening on your website

Hotjar - Heatmaps Software Review

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
Carlos I.
COO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used 3 heatmap software using my own server and cloud hosted, but Hotjar is the best by far. The one i used that is server hosted gets a warning from services like Google Ads and Google Tag Manager.

Pluspunten: Heatmaps, user recordings and polls are very easy to set up once your code is installed. By the way i recommend you install the tracking code using Google Tag manager which has a tag ready for hotjar, you only need to input your ID. Heatmaps are very useful when it comes to understand user behaviour and user experience. Also this software does not generate any warning from advertising networks and is 100% compliant with GDPR.

Minpunten: It automatically does not track 100% of traffic (but i think you can set up to track 100% traffic). Also sometimes is hard to go to see your settings if you have multiple business (eg: if you are and agency and your setting up heatmaps for your clients).

You can't say you're "User centric" without using Hotjar!

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2018
Arthur M.
Product Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: - Recordings are great and can tell you a lot on where our users are having trouble
- Heatmaps - teaches us where are they looking and what components are getting traction
- Incoming feedback - THE BEST feature for interacting quickly with your customers (also very recommended to generate their responses to Zendesk)
- Love using pools - you will be surprised how good it works if you ask the right question in the right time
- Very responsive and professional customer support
- Affordable business plan

Minpunten: - Advanced feature - link between recording ID to the Incoming feedback - this way you can match the feedback/complaint to the actual users' behavior on your site/product
- The conversion funnel could be improved
- Live chat could be a major plus (can potenialy replace intercom )

Big Company Tools At Affordable Small Business Pricing!

Beoordeeld op 28-6-2018
Renea H.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This particular software is literally a major insight for me and how people use my site I love it!

Pluspunten: The powerful thing about Hotjar is that it can track and record session when potential customers visit my site. What attracted me to Hotjar was noticing how many major companies that I follow and use in business have deployed Hotjar. It made me think along these lines instantly: Does it have a free trial? Is it affordable? Is it subscription based or do I have to purchase a license? I was able to say "yes" to all of these.

Minpunten: It was difficult for me to find any cons for this one. The only thing I can see for improvement is once the trial is ended, there is an option to continue with where I started or downgrade to free plan. Once I chose the option, a page says let's get started. It's a bit confusing because unless I notice on desktop the little green button pop up to the right that says plan changed successfully, I would have attempted to start over.

HotJar should always be included as part of any website. Not the best, but very little downside.

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2019
Jason B.
Vice President of Analytics
Public relations en communicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I always highly recommend HotJar as the first step in developing any tech stack. It's free, simple to implement and overall provides great insight into how users are navigating your website. On it's own, HotJar is rather limited but as part of a larger data strategy, it fits in perfectly.

Pluspunten: Easy-to-use and provides immense value for it's cost (there's a free version for smaller companies). HotJar acts as a perfect complement to Google Analytics. Heatmapping and video recording provide a level of depth that Google Analytics can't provide and allows companies to truly understand their customers' experience.

Minpunten: Hotjar serves a very specific niche: the ability to better understand how a user navigates your website. It's hard to scale (there's a limited amount of video recordings you can have) and heatmaps only give you general, top-line insights.

Great conversion optimization tool!

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2018
Chris C.
Director of Operations
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It isn't free, but at the same time, it is worth the money. Easy to implement and the value is there for the cost.

Pluspunten: I love Hotjar for the heatmaps, user session recordings, conversion funnels analysis, and the detailed analytics. This is a great tool to help make the analytical data come to life with visuals. You can record sessions and analyze them to them make adjustments for future visitors. Can't beat the great data that you get from this tool!

A great heatmap solution to cover your basic needs

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2018
Vice President Board Of Directors
Computerhardware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A great tool that allows us to capture heatmap data that is quick and easy to setup. Using the system is also very user-friendly. A worthy alternative to other solutions currently out there in the market.

Pluspunten: It's easy to setup and use- especially since it's all done in the cloud. You'll start collecting data in minutes. Over time, we have been able to make actionable changes to our software's website homepage based on the click/hover insights generated by hotjar after months of activity.

Minpunten: They email you practically every day asking you to upgrade. I appreciate that they offer a variety of solutions at a relatively low price, but getting contacted regularly makes its a little overwhelming. I had to un-subscribe to receiving emails from hotjar to get peace of mind!

the best tool outhere for visitors recordgin

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2018
Tomer D.
Natural health Bag
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I'm using it now for 3 years already and enjoy using it daily, the features I'm using are not just the visitor's recordings but also the pools, the heatmap tool, and the funnels this all together.

Minpunten: I liked the polls features by far, it allows me to capture more leads by customers asking questions and I can get back to them and do a follow up series on them :)

Great product, very helpful insights gained

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Brandon M.
Website Developer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As I stated above, we use Hotjar for A/B testing. We look at heat maps, click maps, and screen recordings to track patterns of users and that informs which elements on a page we test variations of.

Pluspunten: I can't possibly overstate how much value we get out of the heat map feature. We have been A/B testing on our site on several pages for a number of years, and it wouldn't have been as near as effective if we didn't have the insights gleaned from the heat maps on those pages.

Minpunten: I wish there was a way to make certain heat maps automatically restart, with a new version number appended to the title each time. With as much traffic as our site gets, I have to go in almost every day and restart a number of the heat maps.

A must have for New Age Marketers. Period.

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2016
Vijay K.
Growth Hacker
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: No need to waste your money for various tools to ace conversion optimization for your site. Hotjar is one of the main tools of my marketing toolkit. It is pretty awesome. The kind of insights and analytics it provides it gold. Combining the insights of all the tools it provides, it gives you a bigger picture about your website performance and gaps. Start using it today to take your website performance to the next level

Pluspunten: 1) All in one tool - Heatmaps, Website Surveys, Website Visitors Recording, Feedback Polls
2) Economical
3) Easy to use

Minpunten: I personally love this tool and use this for 3 different sites. The money I pay to them is the best investment I do for marketing.

Great visible analytics to guide changes

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2018
Dwight Z.
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The interface is awesome, very easy to use. Setting up a client and starting a heatmap and getting specific for a page, a timed action is great. Same for user recordings. Also really like immediate feedback tab and polls. The script is easy to set-up website / serverside.

Minpunten: It's a Little pricey but once you use it you'll find the value. Another drawback is more JS for your site to trigger. If you already have enough requests this will be another.

The minimum required for every new (or existing) website!

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2019
Marketing Executive
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: HotJar has saved me on a number of occasions where only through viewing heatmaps and user sessions have I found a roadblock that was causing issues (directly affecting revenue!)

Pluspunten: - Lightweight
- Free version which is actually useful
- Super easy to integrate, which can now be done directly in Tag Manager
- Great knowledgeable and plenty of valuable industry resources to read through

Minpunten: Some elements have had to be stripped back post-GDPR; previously seeing the input of some fields was useful for debugging validation for example, but I guess this is a necessary. Always throws up an error on Google's PageSpeed tool, although they have commented on this in their documentation.

Great Free Version with worthwhile upgrades

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019
Freelancer
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hotjar is always on my list of recommendations for new clients. It offers really valuable feedback in a simple to understand format -- powerful data even at the free version

Pluspunten: Really useful and easy-to-understand data, free version is actually usable, upgrades are well-priced

Minpunten: adds significant weight and load-time to websites

An important tool for our company

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2018
Ahmet A.
General Manager
Bouwmaterialen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: For a construction company, it is very important to track and analyze customer feedback. HotJar application does a good job with the declared functions. With this program you can easily create a survey of needs and produce analytics forms.

Minpunten: I didn’t like the fact that there are no notifications and it’s impossible to analyze links, keywords and competitors. I would like more built-in functions. The rest is quite a decent application.