HotJar is an awesome tool for studying websites and optimizing!

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Akande D.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Consumentengoederen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall HotJar is a great platform and I am one of their biggest advocates. I would recommend HotJar to anyone looking to enhance their understanding of on-site traffic and conversion.

Pluspunten: At each company that I have worked for, I always bring up HotJar as a solution they should implement as soon as possible. It is so easy to use and allows for such a comprehensive view of the customer experience that it's a loss to NOT use it! I love that it can capture click data, scroll depth, and even user interactions on the website. There is so much valuable information to be pulled from the data!

Minpunten: There are two things that I'm a little bummed out about with HotJar. One issue is that they recently removed cross-domain tracking. This was a great benefit and we used it often, so not having it is tough. They also have a limit on the height of the pages that can be captured, 1500px. Our pages are slightly larger so we lose some detail on the report that we would have otherwise had.

van Hotjar op 27-8-2019

Hey Akande,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Hotjar! It's great to read that you're getting a lot of value from the tool :)

It's indeed the case that we removed cross-domain tracking in light of our continued commitment to privacy-by-design. I'm sorry to hear that working with the tool is a bit tough without this - we'd like to help if we can! Do reach out to us at [email protected] if you've got questions.

Following up your note on the height of captured pages for Heatmaps - we do have a 15000px limit, but if it's a pain point I'd definitely suggest using the Suggest a Feature function in-app to let us know what you need :)

Alex

Must have for qualitative research

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hotjar does exactly what I need: gives context to the issues I see in GA, and allows me to get into the mind of the user with greater depth.

Pluspunten: Heatmapping offers a whole new dimension of user behavior analysis, and Hotjar brings that to the masses. Installation is easy, setting up heatmaps is a snap, and results analysis is an easy task with the Hotjar interface. This has saved more of my precious time for true analysis, rather than setup and configuration

Minpunten: On the smaller Hotjar plans, the cap at creating 3 heatmaps at a time feels restrictive. Often, I'd prefer setting up more heatmaps and using fewer of the other features available (surveys and polls). If there were plans I could recommend that only contained the right services for my clients (ex: heatmaps only for small clients, fullstack for larger ones), I would 100% do it.
Crazy egg also has a sweet Chrome plugin which is not close to being replicated by Hotjar.

van Hotjar op 17-12-2019

Hey Trevor, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar.
You can get unlimited heatmaps on our plus and business plans.
You can find more information here

Thanks again,
Denis from the Hotjar team

An awesome user research and feedback tool

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020
Ciprian P.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: An awesome user research and feedback tool with the most used features readily available. A clean look and a professional UX makes it my favourite tool. The free plan also has enough views/actions/events, allowing it for a good round of testing before going fully paid.

Minpunten: I'd like more popup options, something similar to GetSiteControl.

van Hotjar op 14-1-2020

Hi Ciprian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. It's great to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of it.

If you would like to give us more detail about what pop-up options you'd like to see, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account and our product team will pick it up.

Also, if you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for taking the time to review us.

Mike

Great little tool for starting your UX research

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Ioana G.
User Researcher
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would be surprised if there was a CRO or UX team that hasn't heard of Hotjar. It's a great little tool, especially given the price, but it doesn't allow enough flexibility to be your main on-site research tool. It's really good for starting out and doing some basic research. Sweet and simple! I guess marketers could benefit the most from this!

Pluspunten: Price. Simplicity of implementation. Good customer service. The scrollmaps and polls are my favourite, and only features I use.

Minpunten: Potentially slows down the site. Loads the entire js even when only running a poll, so puts unnecessary load on the page speed. Forms have nearly never worked on any of the websites I have used it on. Funnel I don't really use - I don't see the point really. Free GA will still be far better and more useful at that. Polls have very simplistic targeting methods. Adding one or two new targeting triggers would be awesome...but they haven't released any new features in ages. Heatmaps are still very simple with no ability of segmenting the data. I can't complain for the really accessible prices they have been able to maintain though!

van Hotjar op 27-8-2019

Hey Ioana!

Thanks so much for leaving this review and sharing your thoughts on Hotjar.

Following up your feedback - we're always focused on minimizing any increased page load time with the Hotjar script on your site. Have you checked out this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site- If you're having trouble please reach out at [email protected] and we can take a look with you.

There's new targeting and filtering functionality on the product roadmap :) https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012303268-Product-Roadmap Stay tuned for that!

Alex

Screen recording & heat maps made easy

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2019
Shaun F.
Director of Online Advertising
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been fantastic. The recordings are top quality and there are plenty of additional features and functions for those who want more. As someone that works in a marketing agency I also appreciate the fact I can house a number of clients underneath one login. I would, and do, recommend Hotjar to anyone who needs screen recording software.

Pluspunten: This software is SO easy to use. All you need to do is add their javascript code to your site and hit go. I love seeing the recordings of my users and I appreciate that Hotjar has an option where you can speed up the recordings so I can see more and they indicate every time there is a scroll or click.

Minpunten: There isn't really anything that I don't like about. I do with that it would integrate with Google Analytics so I can view only recordings that completed a conversion objective. At the moment it's hard to see which recordings are more valuable.

van Hotjar op 2-1-2020

Hey Shaun! Thanks so much! We're doing everything we can to make Hotjar as easy as possible. If you reach out to me [[email protected]], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Helped me Understand users better

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is amazing product for tracking user journey and I would use it again on future products.

Pluspunten: We used Hotjar in my company when we were working on a beta version of our product. It helped track what users were clicking on and areas they spent time on the most.

Minpunten: It was hard to differentiate the hotjar feedback widget from our existing comment form so some of our users left comments with the hotjar feedback widget.

van Hotjar op 17-10-2019

Hey Magnus,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it and it's great to hear you will use Hotjar again on your future products!

Thank you for the feedback too. Our suite of Feedback tools is something that we are currently working on and you can read more about our Product Updates here: https://www.hotjar.com/product-updates
If you ever have any specific suggestions on how you feel that Feedback could be improved, feel free to use the Suggest a Feature button in your account.

All the best,
Kayleigh

Free Plan is Great, Pro Plan is Better!

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As an account strategist and an account manager at a marketing company, this conversation happens often. I'll suggest a website change to try and increase conversions and the client will say "why do I need this? my website is perfect!". Thanks to Hotjar, I can prove usability problems, show footage of potential customers getting stumped by an odd process or flow and give my client data where even they can see a change is necessary. It helps me perform better for my clients and helps provide something unique in terms of data that other agencies may not provide.

Pluspunten: Hotjar is easy to use, easy to set up and pulls great data from your website on usability and conversion topics. At the very minimum for our clients, we set them up on a free plan where you can set up three heatmaps or other reports and 300 site recordings with a site that gets under 2,000 pageviews a day. The pro plan collects more data and more reports from higher traffic websites. Honestly, if you're not tracking these things, you're missing a huge opportunity!

Minpunten: It's tough to think of a disadvantage to HotJar or a problem I have with the software. It tracks critical data. The free plan is AWESOME and it's easy to implement and use.

van Hotjar op 18-10-2019

Hi Amber,

Alex here from Hotjar's marketing team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we appreciate it!

Reading your comments it's great to hear how useful Hotjar is for you in proving out user-driven improvements to impact conversion.

Tracking

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2019
Mihaita V.
SEO Specialist
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Tracking and optimizing is something we do and hotjar helps us alot.

Pluspunten: This is the best software that we use to track out visitors' movements and habits in order to optimize our website for them.

Minpunten: It's pretty time consuming reviewing all videos that are recorded from each user but I guess there's no other way.

van Hotjar op 21-10-2019

Hey Mihaita!

Thanks so much for your review. If you want to know more about how to filter recordings to identify the ones to look at first, I'd recommend looking at this guide we published recently: https://www.hotjar.com/session-recordings/

Thanks!

Go beyond the numbers

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2019
Rob C.
Content & SEO Specialist
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With substantial website redesign projects having been underway at our company for the past couple of years, we've needed to do some serious thinking about the user experience on our website. Though we base much of our work on what the pure numbers tell us, having Hotjar provides us with an awesome additional tool to better understand what it looks like when people are actually browsing our site. Insights we've gleaned from Hotjar have already helped us make design and layout changes with substantial impact.

Pluspunten: It's one thing to read through analytics reports and put together a vague mental image of how people are using your website. It's another thing entirely to actually see how people are navigating. With heat maps and session recordings through Hotjar, we get amazing insight into exactly how people are looking at our website, packaged in a way that people without patience for numbers-driven analysis can understand and act on.

Minpunten: Honestly, not much. Little things, like the fact that large data sets are sampled, aren't ideal, though understandable, given the need for Hotjar to tier its pricing.

van Hotjar op 2-1-2020

Hey Rob! Thanks so much! It feels like you've been writing our own marketing copy... If you reach out to me [[email protected]], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Interesting insights

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Renée D.
Digital Marketing Manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I like the product it would recommend it to other but just wish there was a little more flexibility on defining the traffic sources you want to monitor.

Pluspunten: I like that you have the ability to record users interactions with your website and also do a heat map of the sections or pages of your website that are most interacted with. Setting up the experiments if really easy and the information is helpful.

Minpunten: It doesn't allow you to link it to specific campaigns or traffic sources coming into your website. For me it would be helpful to see what people are doing from specific campaigns I have launched and compare their behavior maybe across platforms.

van Hotjar op 8-11-2019

Hey Renee

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5* review - this makes us very happy :)

WRT this:
"It doesn't allow you to link it to specific campaigns or traffic sources coming into your website. For me, it would be helpful to see what people are doing from specific campaigns I have launched and compare their behavior maybe across platforms."

I feel your pain; being a marketer myself! One thing I can say is; stay tuned - something could be coming soon which is really going to make you happy :)

Until then check out the ability to add referral urls to Recordings here https://www.hotjar.com/blog/product-updates/advanced-filters-recordings

Thanks
Bee

Hotjar Really Helped Us Leverage Our Business!

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Ratish K.
Digital Marketing Analyst
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been good so far. Initially, we were worried about the user insights and heatmaps to test the pages/CTA'S for better campaigning of our products. But, as soon as we started utilizing the set of tools from Hotjar we are so happy that we are able to find a quick solution for problem that helps our business grow and provide our customers with a GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Pluspunten: Have been using Hotjar for more than a couple of years and is the opinion on the tool
1. Hotjar has a very simple and easily accessible dashboard that has Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels created, Active polls, Surveys, and Recruiters.
2. Heatmaps have really helped us understand the landing pages and test various parameters for many of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
3. Visitor recordings and monitoring are soo good that helped us understand and rectify the issues that users come across. This has really helped our engineering/technical team in identifying the bug and fixing it ASAP thus resolving our customer issues quickly.
4. Had some experience on using the funnels as well which gave us some ideas on how to better modify the landing pages and we were able to understand the content.
5. The polls part has also added value to our business by letting us know on what the visitors are missing on our website.
6. The pricing of this tool is reasonable that students, enthusiasts and start-up companies can easily afford it. We have started with Basic Free Forever plan and later upgraded to Plus plan once our website started getting some good amount of traffic.
7. Multiple filter feature saves our time in analyzing the important pages and metrics.
8. Being a member of the customer success team for a couple of SAAS products I analyzed and learned some good metrics that helped our business grow.
9. Hotjar can be used by any team member like Digital Marketers, Support Agent

Minpunten: Although I do not have any cons in my mind regarding this tool I would just like to suggest the Hotjar team to give us quick response for any queries/ issues by providing instant live chat option.

There's really now substitute for sticky UX problems.

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019
Ian B.
Director of Marketing
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When you absolutely, positively need to know exactly what your users are doing, there really is no substitute for Hotjar. Is it a bit invasive? Sure! But literally watching users' every move has been where the market was headed for a long time. We have saved easily tens of thousands of dollars in developer/PM/design time by watching our users, and we've rolled those savings back into product improvements directly driven by data from Hotjar. Does that cross an ethical line? Maybe... but if you gotta have it, then you gotta have it *shrug emoji*.

Pluspunten: Clearly the best software for watching your every user's every move. They could probably have stopped there. However, the tagging, filtering and playback functionality is an incredible upgrade to the tool. User journey videos are raw unstructured data, incredibly valuable but somewhat hard to leverage at scale within an institutional decision-making paradigm. The simple tools to add context and structured data by tagging and annotating recordings makes the core functionality much more valuable.

Minpunten: Everything about Hotjar is exactly how you would hope it would be. If you are considering it now, you should probably have already gotten out your wallet and bought it. You know what it does. It does it extremely well. The only thing I don't love about it is it feels kind of unethical. But hey, I get paid to do my job... and what is money if not a tool to get people to take actions they might not otherwise have taken (for example, recording the every move of every visitor to a website).

van Hotjar op 17-12-2019

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear that you are finding great value in Hotjar.

From its very first day, Hotjar was designed with privacy of the end user in mind. If you want to find out more on Hotjar's approach to privacy please read this blogpost.

b/r

Denis

Sheer brilliance at work

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Full Stack Engineer
Vastgoed, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is an amazing thing to watch the recordings of the user's that Hotjar captures and consolidates.

Pluspunten: - Can actually record user's sessions and accurately identify the same user who is using the site/app after a certain duration
- The dashboard is seamless.
- Allows categorization based on events and tags.

Minpunten: - Sometimes, when trying to hide the private information of a customer, it went overboard and aggressively hid a lot of information which was part of the app itself and not the customer's data. This led us to not have an accurate depiction of the app state for the customer.

van Hotjar op 12-12-2019

Hey there, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar :)

Following up your feedback on suppressing page elements... have you already checked this resource on suppression? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012439167-How-to-Suppress-Elements-and-Images-from-Data

Hope that's helpful - it shouldn't be the case that the stuff you want to be able to see gets suppressed as well. If we can help please let us know! The team is available at [email protected]

Thanks again,
Alex from the Hotjar team

The ultimate voice of visitor tool - no need for anything else

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2019
David R.
Conversion Consultant
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hotjar shortcuts hours of quant research by letting you SEE what's happening on your web pages, and HEAR a users thoughts. Priceless if you're in the business of designing web pages that serve your users better.

Pluspunten: It's a one-stop shop. No need for expensive subscriptions to multiple tools. Everything you need to understand your visitors is at your fingertips. The only condition for success is that you actually use it!

Minpunten: Very difficult to think of a disadvantage. It's cheap. Fully featured. Customer support is great. Perhaps the fact that you can't run a/b tests too. But there's plenty of other great tools for that.

van Hotjar op 14-10-2019

Hey David,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We really appreciate it and it's great to hear you that you consider the tool essential in understanding your visitors.

Best,

Must Have for landing Pages

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019
Jeffrey H.
Business Development
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hotjar has allowed us to test ideas with web design. It helps confirm the effectiveness of certain visual cues, the flow of information and the effectiveness of the overall sales funnel by showing us exactly where the viewers attention is going on our web page. It has been an essential source for our overall analytics and critical to our design process.

Pluspunten: Hotjar adds a much-needed type of analytics to your arsenal. It allows you to see exactly what your page-viewers (potential buyers) are doing, seeing and spending time on your landing page or funnel. It allows you to test different design cues or features and see how your targets react. Also, the pricing is very convenient. Having this tool for free up to 200 pageviews per day is huge. it's just one of those tools that you need if you want to build new landing pages and help them convert.

Minpunten: The only issue I've had with this tool thus far is sometimes the screen recordings come out laggy or completely black, but this happens rarely. Other than that, it's been very informative and a great addition to our toolset.

van Hotjar op 15-10-2019

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We love feedback and it's great to hear you consider our tool an essential part of landing page optimization!

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with Recordings. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] and someone will be able to take a look into the issue.

Best,

I recommend.

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2019
Joseph B.
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great for the most part. I've recommended it to many people. Easy to use, offers great info. It does make it hard to filter your own traffic from the data - my only qualm.

Pluspunten: Great analytics tool.
It records the sessions of people who visit your site - great information if you're looking to improve e-commerce conversions or design behavior.

Minpunten: I don't have much to suggest. It was easy to install the script onto my site.
I do wish they'd make it easy to filter out my own device though - you have to manually filter out your own devices, which clouds the data.

van Hotjar op 20-11-2019

Hey Joseph,

Wow, what a review! Thanks so much for taking the time, and it's great to hear you're finding Hotjar useful to improve conversions.

Following up your issue with filtering out your devices - I'd love to follow up with you on this to hear your feedback in more detail. What would your suggestion be to make this easier?

All the best,
Alex from the Hotjar marketing team.

Started from the bottom, now we here

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Online Performance Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been a beta user and I've now been using Hotjar for over 2 years (even have the tshirt to prove it). While other tools such as Zoho PageSense, MouseFlow and Inspectlet do a similar job, Hotjar makes it dead-simple. Heatmaps and visitor recordings are a godsend, next to regular anayltics. And every single feature is free? That's beyond crazy!

Pluspunten: - Heatmaps and visitors recordings work like a charm and provide a great deal of information.
- If Google Analytics tells you what and how many, Hotjar tells you why: polls make it easy to gather user feedback.
- Using all of its features, you can get a better grasp into why people don't fill in a certain form or don't buy a product.

Minpunten: - Some features are blocked behind a paywall.
- Organization of sites and companies can get confusing at times.
- Not all descriptions make it clear what a specific feature does.

Hotjar is an easy and affordable user feedback tool that helps us tailor user experience.

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018
Web Content Manager
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've used hotjar to identify navigational, organizational, and functional issues on our website that crop up in actual use, issues that may not appear in our daily use or testing. It allows us to see how users are interacting with our site and collect user feedback, and that lets us find ways to improve the experience

Pluspunten: Using hotjar is like being able to stand next to your users and watch them use your site. This gives you actionable insight that many times numbers alone may not be able to tell you. And if you are someone who isn't comfortable sifting through analytics, it makes it extremely simple to identify potential problem areas in the user experience that you, being familiar with the site, might miss. The features are all sufficiently developed to be able to handle most straightforward tasks. Also, Hotjar is (at the time of this writing) very affordable for what you get out of it. My primary site is a local home goods retailer. We mostly use the session recording and heatmapping features, in addition to the poll feature. There are other features, such as the conversion funnel tracking, survey feature, and others. Although we don't use those much, the solution more than worth it for the recording and heatmapping. Their support is also fast and helpful.

Minpunten: There aren't many things to not like about Hotjar. I suppose one of the issues I have run into is that the conversion funnel tracking tool doesn't seem to accurately report metrics for us. I've never bothered to try and get this fixed since we use other methods to evaluate conversion funnels anyway. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any notable issues.

Hotjar Review

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Andrew R.
Marketing Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great. It's an absolute must at our agency and allows us to offer an additional layer of depth when working with clients.

Pluspunten: Hotjar has enabled us to tremendously increase our clients' website user experience in additional to overall conversion rate. Using Hotjar, we're able to see detailed heat mapping of where users are clicking that allows us to make strategist decisions involving website design.

Minpunten: Hotjar at times will freeze and not be able to serve the heat map properly. Usually, a refresh or something similar will fix this.

van Hotjar op 15-11-2019

Thank you, Andrew! We're glad to hear that Hotjar has been useful to your team and your clients. PS: if you experience repeated issues with heatmaps, reach out to our support team and let us know so they can look into it for you!

Hotjar-A guarantee of quality

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Luca R.
Online media, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Hotjar is incredibly easy to setup. The learning curve is basically flat. The product is cheap and has a great free version.

Minpunten: It can slow down your website without you noticing it. Look at Google Developer Tools, the time to interactive value.

van Hotjar op 29-8-2019

Hey there Luca,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it! Brilliant to hear you find the tool easy to use.

Following up your feedback on site speed - have you had a look at this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site-

On average the initialization of Hotjar has a minimal impact on the page being usable (around 0.01 seconds) and adds around 0.3 seconds to the overall page completion. In the article I link above we also dive into some more factors to consider about speed testing.

Most importantly - we'd love to help if you're finding this is causing any issues at all! :) The team is available at [email protected]

Alex

The eyes you should have on your website

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019
Carlos M.
Desarrollador web
Design en ontwerp, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a web designer this tool allowed me to track activity of the first users and detect things like: resposive problems, image problems, where the users are lost, where the users dont click and why, where the use leaves my website and why and what the user experience was overall.
My experience with this tool has been almost fantastic, I would recomend it to every webmaster.

Pluspunten: Hotjar is a very useful app, integrated with websites will allow you to track the heatmaps and every action the user made, divided by device and showing every data you can need and even more. It also has the hability to record every action of the user or track a funnel performance, I recommend this tool specially to optimize websites, because it will allow you to know where exactly the user is lost.

Minpunten: What I dont like if this software is that I would like to advice users that they are going to be recorded somehow but it doesnt have that option. I would also make a simpler design for admin the websites, right now it can be a little messy for new users.

Wow, What a Product!

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2017
Justin L.
Marketing Operations Manager
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Within an hour of integrating it into our site and CRM (which took only minutes), we were getting recordings of user visits and heat maps, greatly increasing our ability to quickly improve the performance of our website and marketing campaigns.

Pluspunten: What DON'T I like about this software is more like it. I'm blown away that there's not more reviews for HotJar and am very happy to have spotted this opportunity to give them some love. HotJar is easily the best value-to-price behavior mapping software of its kind, and I've used and shopped for several of them. That pretty much sums it up. From heat mapping to visitor recordings to polling functionality, I simply haven't had to look for another solution since I found it, and it is much more cost-effective than its competitors. Its integrations that we have implemented have worked splendidly, as well. 5 stars, hands down.

Minpunten: I'm only listing "cons" because I have to to submit this review. Some of its user interface wasn't completely intuitive to me at first but I overcame it quickly and don't think it's fair to expect every software program to not come with a little bit of a learning curve. Within a couple of days I was navigating it fluidly.

Watch, Change, Improve, Repeat

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2017
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Stumbled across Hotjar after paying way too much with another company. Hotjar is the best thing on the market for price, hands-down.
It is easy to use, easy to set up, and you can be recording users, generating heat maps, and collecting polls from day one.
We used Hotjar primarily for recordings and polls. Recordings are crisp, easy to watch, and I love that you can add notes to the video WHILE you are watching. And then save those notes for other people on your team to see later.
The polls feature is great. Many options for when the poll launches. Hotjar makes it easy to analyze your data, or export it and analyze it on your own.

Minpunten: The only downside is that Hotjar cannot record what happens inside an iframe. Such a bummer if you really need to see how your users interact.

Essential app for web testing and user research

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018
Jessie B.
Website Marketing Specialist
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's been crucial in giving us clarity in how people interact with our website, whether or not they're seeing essential pieces of content, and make design decisions based on that data.

Pluspunten: We switched from CrazyEgg to Hotjar over a year ago, and haven't looked back. At the time, CrazyEgg didn't offer user videos (videos of people using our website) and Hotjar did, so we switched over. What I love most about Hotjar is that it's not just providing insights about how our users click and scroll via heatmaps, but I can gather more qualitative data by setting up polls or video recordings as well. The "share this heatmap" feature (where I can get a unique link to a heatmap that I can share with anyone on my team -- regardless of if they have access to Hotjar or not) is super handy as well. It helps me collaborate with our user researchers or send data to other teams (I sit on the web marketing team) when I find insights that they'd find valuable.

Minpunten: I wish I could have more flexibility with the design and branding of the polls. The few times I've added one to our website, it looks a little frankenstein-y in comparison to the rest of our design.

Great Way to Track Website Activity!

Beoordeeld op 28-6-2019
Customer Experience Manager
Medische apparatuur, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall great experience! Really helps us see the functionality of our website through the eyes of the user.

Pluspunten: Kind of crazy there's a service that exists that literally captures video of the user's time on your website! It's like a video recording of each session. We can see exactly where the mouse goes, and which landing pages they're going to, and where they last are before leaving our site

Minpunten: Wish the recording gave us more info on the user. I know that's probably a violation of privacy, but it would be cool! That way we could reach out to them directly to see if they had any questions or needed help finding the right product