Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Hotjar

Feedback- en analysetools die zijn ontworpen om de ervaring van je websitebezoeker te verbeteren. Levert heatmaps, feedbackvragen, enquêtes en nog veel meer.

Meer informatie over Hotjar

It helped us a lot in the development of our Shopify store. Easy to integrate into our store.

Nothing I can say, maybe one... they are costly when upgrade to the more premium plan.

Beoordelingen van Hotjar

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Hotjar heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 508 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Hotjar eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (508)

Allen
Allen
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Essential for website optimization

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Akande
Akande
Marketing Communications Specialist in VS
Consumentengoederen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

HotJar is an awesome tool for studying websites and optimizing!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall HotJar is a great platform and I am one of their biggest advocates. I would recommend HotJar to anyone looking to enhance their understanding of on-site traffic and conversion.

At each company that I have worked for, I always bring up HotJar as a solution they should implement as soon as possible. It is so easy to use and allows for such a comprehensive view of the customer experience that it's a loss to NOT use it! I love that it can capture click data, scroll depth, and even user interactions on the website. There is so much valuable information to be pulled from the data!

There are two things that I'm a little bummed out about with HotJar. One issue is that they recently removed cross-domain tracking. This was a great benefit and we used it often, so not having it is tough. They also have a limit on the height of the pages that can be captured, 1500px. Our pages are slightly larger so we lose some detail on the report that we would have otherwise had.

5 jaar geleden

Hey Akande, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Hotjar! It's great to read that you're getting a lot of value from the tool :) It's indeed the case that we removed cross-domain tracking in light of our continued commitment to privacy-by-design. I'm sorry to hear that working with the tool is a bit tough without this - we'd like to help if we can! Do reach out to us at [email protected] if you've got questions. Following up your note on the height of captured pages for Heatmaps - we do have a 15000px limit, but if it's a pain point I'd definitely suggest using the Suggest a Feature function in-app to let us know what you need :) All best, Alex

Md. Tanvir Bin
IT officer in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The greatest resource for businesses conducting online transactions is Hotjar.

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The SEO of websites is revolutionized by Hotjar. As if we had a hidden window into the brains of our guests. A wealth of information is available for comprehending user behavior through the live interviews, user comments, and visual insights. It is also quite easy to use.

For individuals looking to increase revenue and maximize their conversion rate, this product is perfect. With Hotjar's features, teamwork will be easier and everyone on our team can gather the data required to make the right modifications to our website pages. They offer 24/7 support and customized training in the meantime to make sure I can get the most out of user behavior analysis on our website. Hotjar allows me to store data for a maximum of one year. If I want to know what's going on our website for an extended amount of time, this is a good alternative. One feature we've refined in FullSession is visitor recordings. In contrast to Hotjar, FullSession doesn't slow down our website aside from offering sophisticated filtering tools and comprehensive analytics.

A few customers mentioned that they would have preferred a user behavioral analysis tool with greater depth. Predictive analytics, which could be useful in predicting user behavior, is not available in the software.

Ricardo
Marketing in VS
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect to test your website for the user experiance

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Easy set up and I quickly got results that led to positive changes in my website

Sometimes bots come into my website and use the limited amount of screen captures for the heatmap

Pradeep
Assistant Professor in India
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Good but can be better

3,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is good but I see a lot of scope in the application.

Heatmaps as they can help us understand about the website experience which the users get.

Pricing and lack of platform independence

Benjamin
Head of Marketing in Polen
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

The best heatmap software

5,0 3 maanden geleden

The best parts of Hotjar are the intuitive heatmaps, and visitor recordings, that offer deep insights into user behavior and user interaction based on real visitor data. Once you've implemented the tool - it's easy to of use to get all the data information from your users and visitors, to do research or to improve your website experience.

The only issue besides the learning curve could include the sampling limits on larger sites, which may prevent you from getting a complete picture of visitor behavior.

Rezaul
Data Analyst in VS
Research, 201-500 werknemers

Excellent for website visitor tracking and future decision making.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a data analyst, HotJar enables me to build, personalize, and deliver surveys and polls to our customers so they can respond and let us know what they like and dislike about our business. The data is promptly updated to our HotJar account as clients submit their answers, allowing me to analyze it right away.

The most crucial component of our platform—and the one that has gained it the most popularity among our research teams—are the heatmaps. Heatmaps are used to show users where they can scroll and click on our website after they arrive.Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not only useful but may really be quite helpful to marketing teams. There are two possible explanations for why someone would scroll down our page: either they don't like what they are reading or they want to read more of it.I can only benefit from this feature if our website has a sign-up form or requests that visitors fill out forms. Form Analysis, as the name implies, informs me of how users interact with and utilize our forms. Utilizing such data will help me lower the amount of unsuccessful attempts to complete our form.

Some features should be improved compared to other platform. Price should be customized. Heatmaps feature may be upgraded more.

Brock
Brock
Vice President of Marketing in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

I can't imagine how you do CRO without Hotjar

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have had an excellent experience with Hotjar. It has made our user studies very simple and we have learned SO MUCH about how our customers interact with our website. This has made it infinitely easier for us to streamline our UI and buying process.

It is very simple, it works exactly as you expect it to, it is easy to set up and configure, and WOW is it ever powerful. It is literally like someone turning a light on when you are doing conversion rate optimization work. No more guessing. Now you can study user behavior and see EXACTLY how they are responding to your designs, UI/UX and interfaces. We have literally made MILLIONS of extra dollars once we started using Hotjar.

There is little we don't like about Hotjar. It just works (and it is easy to use).

Rajesh
Rajesh
Co-Founder in Bangladesh
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Optimize the UX of your website with Hotjar

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Undoubtedly, Hotjar is a must-have tool to perform qualitative research on your website visitors so that you can improve the user experience. It will allow you the opportunity to further analyze the data of google analytics. With so many excellent features this popular tool will help you to do basic and effective research on your website. I would like to recommend Hotjar to anyone as it is so simple to use and the return on investment is also quite impressive.

There is no denying the fact that Hotjar comes with some excellent and cool features to give you a great level of flexibility when it comes to the analysis of user behavior. Especially, the heatmapping feature of this tool will help you with user behavior analysis. Needless to say, setting up a heatmap is quite easy and it will also save you time. When you talk about visitor’s analysis of any website, pulling information from data is important. And Hotjar comes in handy at this point as it can capture click data, scroll depth, etc. on your site. On top of that, the customer experience you’ll get from Hotjar is amazing.

As per the rules of nature, Hotjar is also not out of disadvantages. It has some cons as well. It doesn’t show data of text fields as per guidelines of GDRP. Another point, I want to mention here is with the angular Js website, the form system of Hotjar doesn’t work which is a great disadvantage for me.

Spencer
Online Marketing Specialist in Australië
Online media, 51-200 werknemers

Great UX/CRO Tool for the Price

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I think overall Horjar is a great tool for small to medium-sized businesses. For the price, it has a number of great features to start user testing and CRO. As a marketer (not technically inclined whatsoever), it's also pretty easy to set up and use.

The surveys are what we use most to get insight into what our users are after, issues they may have, and to get ideas for content.

Nothing really. It suits the purpose of a value-based beginner UX/CRO tool. For the price it does exactly what I need it for.

Carlos
Carlos
UX Researcher in Mexico
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Excelent but a little expensive

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very great experience, but with the actualization the manual heatmaps are off :(

The heatmaps and recording are so critical to create a UX centered product in all the organization

The recordings daily are not configurable, and it´s necesary when you need to track more or lees sessions

Mowshori
Researcher in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Hotjar is a platform for getting feedback from website visitors.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Analysis tools include Heatmaps, Visitor Recording, Form Analytics, and Conversion Funnels, which let you watch and measure how our users act.

Seeing how our site's visitors use it helps me figure out how to improve the user experience. The recording features let me see what people actually see on my site, which helps me find any problems. Heat maps will show us what our site visitors do and what they are interested in. I can also improve our conversion funnels and forms by finding out what needs to be fixed or improved. I also noticed that I don't have to worry about paying for a plan that works for everyone but doesn't fit my needs. Instead, it has different plans for people, businesses, and government agencies. This makes sure that I only pay for the features I want. Personal users with low traffic can even get a free plan that lets them add as many users as they want forever. Meanwhile, businesses will pay based on how many times their pages are looked at every day. The agency plans, on the other hand, give you a single account that can be used for multiple client sites.

Prices could be better for new companies. Some things need to be worked on more. There should be ways to record multiple sessions at once in different parts of the site.

Atul
Author in India
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Most Recommended Product

5,0 vorig jaar

User experience insights: Hotjar provides a range of tools for understanding user behavior and experience on your website, including heatmaps, session recordings, and polls.Easy to use: Hotjar has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to set up and use, even for users who are new to web analytics.Customization: Hotjar allows you to customize your tracking and feedback tools to suit your specific needs and goals.Integration: Hotjar can be easily integrated with a range of other tools and platforms, including Google Analytics.Affordability: Hotjar offers a range of pricing plans to suit different budgets and needs, including a free plan for small websites.

Data privacy: Some users may be concerned about the data that Hotjar collects and how it is used.Limited functionality: Hotjar has a range of features, but it may not have all the advanced functionality that some users require.Limited support: While Hotjar offers online resources and a knowledge base for users, it may not provide as much personal support as some users would like.Dependence on cookies: Hotjar relies on cookies to track website visitors, which means it may not accurately track users who have disabled cookies in their web browsers.Resource-intensive: Hotjar's tracking and feedback tools can be resource-intensive, which may impact the performance of your website.

mook
senior software engineer in VS
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

capture the live user usage of your web product, and analyse the user experience

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: good experience, but i hope this dose not eat much of end users internet and hope it dos not reduces the web performance

It capture a video of the user screen who is using the web product which is integrated with hotjar and store's it in clean directory structure it also stores meta data information of the user session which is really help full in analytics good documentation

the captured data back up is maintained only for 90 days, it wold be better if they provide a permanent storage plan and the meta data collected are in file formate and they also stay for 90 days, we had to write scripts to dump these data in to sql tables for further analysation it wold be better if they provide a simple API to do this they do provide a good documentation for this dumping proses

4 jaar geleden

Hi Mook, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. We're happy to hear that you are finding Hotjar useful. I would interested to hear more about the data retention issues you experienced - Hotjar retains data for 365 days from the date the data is captured. We do not have any plans with 90-day data retention, so it would be good to dig deeper into your issue. You can reach me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further. I'd also like to offer you a little something as a thank you for your review. Cheers, Mike

roy
digital marketer in Spanje
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

great website analytics and user behaviour tool

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you are into deep website analytics and user behaviour and want to get great insights, hotjar is a great tool.
Although i use several analytics tools I combine all data I got with hotjar insights that provide me with that extra info.
I use it on a daily basis. All the different features are great, like the screen recording that visually helps you see what your customers are doing on your website to the website.

1. Great website analysis features which are really easy to use and provide great insights: heatmaps that show you where users are clicking and navigating, visitor screen recording that show you have users are behaving on your website, feedback surveys, form analysis that show you have users are using your forms or detailed convertion funnels that show you where your users are dropping of.

in general I really love all features hotjar has but I am missing one important feature to analyse user vs content performance which is the a/b testing feature.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Roy, Thanks very much for your review. It's great to hear that you're getting so much use out of all of the behavior analytics tools in Hotjar. I totally understand your comment around A/B testing as this is a natural next step in the process for a lot of people. However, we are 100% focused on building robust behavior analytics software that helps to understand user behavior and get the insights needed to make changes, so we have made a conscious decision not to invest in building A/B testing tools to validate if an approach is working or not. Most of our customers use another tool like Optimizely or Google Optimize for that. If you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as thank you for reviewing us. Cheers, Mike

Goran
Owner in VS
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Hotjar is our favorite analysis software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is positive - I would recommend to others.

Hotjar has many great features we use daily. We most use Hotjar to evaluate the customer traffic, tendencies/behavior, and surveying. Hotjar is an important tool for us in understanding our customers needs and actions so we can improve and provide a better experience.

The thing I liked least is that it does not integrate well with some of the other tools we use, like google analytics.

Noemí
Noemí
Brand Manager in Spanje
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 501-1.000 werknemers

One of the best

5,0 vorig jaar

Perfect for understanding how visitors are interacting with your website in real-time. You can see what pages they visit, where they click, and even record their mouse movements. Invaluable insights for improving the user experience and increase the CR.

There no intrinsic con to the platform but time itself. Time to analyze all the data and insights that you could extract. Usually we over estimate the time dedicated and the efforts that we will put in tools like this one. So, usually they went under-used.

Valentin
Valentin
Physicist engineer in Roemenië
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Hotjar a good heatmap

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have made some heatmaps for my website show-my-homework. I used these heatmaps to improve the website for the readers.

Years ago I had a website (show-my-homework) that was taken from me with force. I am Romanian and in Romania no matter what you work, the authorities will force you to surrender your wealth and work to those that use the muscles and not the brain. I worked to this website for 5 years and 2 years I had on this website hotjar. Hotjar was saying to me who comes to my website, who reads my website, who wanted to learn, who clicks etc. Hotjar is very good and I love Hotjar for this.

To make a heatmap with hotjar you have to wait for 1 day. This is not good, but after 1 day you will have a very good heat map. I do not love hotjar because you have to pay good money if you use it for 2 weeks :)

4 jaar geleden

Hi Valentin, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your website, but glad that you had a good experience using Hotjar to understand your users. I'd like to send you a small thank-you from us for your review. You can reach me at [email protected] and I'll share the details. Cheers, Mike

Ben
Digital Marketing Manager in VS
Biotechnologie, 11-50 werknemers

Great UX Tool

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use HotJar to run UX tests on our site. We've used it a lot for testing out new buttons or new navigation features.

We love running heatmap tests of pages whenever we make changes to our website. We compare these tests to former versions that we've ran. Heatmaps offer amazing insight to where the user clicks, scrolls, or mouses over. This gives you a good idea on how the user interacts with your site.

Limited functionality unless you upgrade to the top tier account. We also aren't able to track our interactive experiences. I also wish the recordings had more filterable options so you could find specific experiences.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Ben, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. We're happy to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of our Heatmaps tool. Your feedback on plans, tracking of interactive experiences, and filtering of recordings is very helpful, too. If you would like to provide more detail about what you would like to see improved, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account. If you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for your review. Cheers, Mike

Ahmed
Data analyst in VK
Farmaceutica, 201-500 werknemers

This tool is simply extraordinary for providing excellent UX to visitors of website

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Very easy to use and adopt the tool. Has many features that enable companies to provide better UX within a product page or website. The heatmaps feature and screen recording are a great way of understanding the pain points of the customers. This product is not really expensive which is another best thing. Collecting surveys from the users is another best thing to look at what people think of the website, which helps us tackle any issues that they have faced.

Setting up forms is not very straightforward although it does provide great value. The support team is not the best.

Shaun
Shaun
Director of Online Advertising in Israël
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Screen recording & heat maps made easy

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been fantastic. The recordings are top quality and there are plenty of additional features and functions for those who want more. As someone that works in a marketing agency I also appreciate the fact I can house a number of clients underneath one login. I would, and do, recommend Hotjar to anyone who needs screen recording software.

This software is SO easy to use. All you need to do is add their javascript code to your site and hit go. I love seeing the recordings of my users and I appreciate that Hotjar has an option where you can speed up the recordings so I can see more and they indicate every time there is a scroll or click.

There isn't really anything that I don't like about. I do with that it would integrate with Google Analytics so I can view only recordings that completed a conversion objective. At the moment it's hard to see which recordings are more valuable.

4 jaar geleden

Hey Shaun! Thanks so much! We're doing everything we can to make Hotjar as easy as possible. If you reach out to me [[email protected]], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Jessie
Jessie
Website Marketing Specialist in VS
Internet, 201-500 werknemers

Essential app for web testing and user research

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been crucial in giving us clarity in how people interact with our website, whether or not they're seeing essential pieces of content, and make design decisions based on that data.

We switched from CrazyEgg to Hotjar over a year ago, and haven't looked back. At the time, CrazyEgg didn't offer user videos (videos of people using our website) and Hotjar did, so we switched over. What I love most about Hotjar is that it's not just providing insights about how our users click and scroll via heatmaps, but I can gather more qualitative data by setting up polls or video recordings as well. The "share this heatmap" feature (where I can get a unique link to a heatmap that I can share with anyone on my team -- regardless of if they have access to Hotjar or not) is super handy as well. It helps me collaborate with our user researchers or send data to other teams (I sit on the web marketing team) when I find insights that they'd find valuable.

I wish I could have more flexibility with the design and branding of the polls. The few times I've added one to our website, it looks a little frankenstein-y in comparison to the rest of our design.

Medische apparatuur, 11-50 werknemers

Great Way to Track Website Activity!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall great experience! Really helps us see the functionality of our website through the eyes of the user.

Kind of crazy there's a service that exists that literally captures video of the user's time on your website! It's like a video recording of each session. We can see exactly where the mouse goes, and which landing pages they're going to, and where they last are before leaving our site

Wish the recording gave us more info on the user. I know that's probably a violation of privacy, but it would be cool! That way we could reach out to them directly to see if they had any questions or needed help finding the right product

Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Helps Us Understand What Web Content is Most Relevant to Visitors

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software has been valuable and insightful as we use the information we are gathering from Hotjar to perform updates to our website content.

Hotjar provides accurate information via features such as heat mapping to pinpoint the most relevant content on our website. With the software, we've been able to discern what content we should provide more of that is of interest to our visitors.

Not too impressed with customer support. I called as we initially had some issue with embedding the coding to run the software on our website. Waited for quite a while to speak to a customer rep and even after being walked through the process to embed the code over the phone, the coding was not put on our site correctly.

5 jaar geleden

Hey there, Thanks for leaving a review for Hotjar and glad to hear you're getting useful, accurate insight from it. I'm sorry, however, to hear you've experienced issues with customer support. We pride ourselves on being efficient and helpful and if we let you down I apologize on behalf of the entire team. Reach out to [email protected] again if you ever need help.

Karen
Karen
WordPress Consultant & Developer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Helps you improve website conversions

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great I have been able to identify opportunities and create solutions that work best for my business. Plus it helps me see what areas of my website are important to users. So they can get the most helpful information they need.

Hotjar is great software to help you maximize results for your website. You can set up heatmaps to see what the high performing areas of your website are. Ask users questions as they cruise your website, plus more!

So far I have no cons its a pretty straightforward program and the free options work great for any user.

Faiz
CFO in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

HotJar - One of the Best Tool For Visual Tracking

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If anyone ask me for Overall HotJar rating, it deserves 10 out of 10, first because of it's features and second if someone new and want to try hotjar they give 2000/views per day and i suppose it is fine for new website.

HotJar is one of the best software I have used for Visual Tracking of user. It gives me complete vision what my visitor are doing on my website, what is their behaviours that help me to improve that part of website. Also Hotjar has heatmaps feature that shows my most interacted part on my website by visitor. One of the best part in that make it unique is its funnel creation using form data. HotJar help me track data submitted on forms.

Yes, I faced one issue with HotJar and not resolve yet. HotJar forms funnels not work with Angular-JS website. It did't read form due to Angular server side loading, i hope team will fix it.