Over Comet Backup

Moderne back-upsoftware voor MSP: jouw controlecentrum om gegevens te beschermen.

Meer informatie over Comet Backup

More robust error reporting when jobs fail is needed.

Beoordelingen van Comet Backup

Waar voor je geld

Comet Backup heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 43 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Comet Backup eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (43)

Terry
Terry
President in VS

Great Backup software for MSP or Small Business

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience from the Onboarding Video Call to getting it all setup and running has been great. Any questions or issues have been taken care of quickly, and I can have the peace of mind that stuff is safe.

We got this software as a solution for our MSP business. It has all of the features that you need backup client's equipment without breaking the bank.

There are some parts to it that are confusing in the initial scheduling of the backups, but once you do it a few times it gets better.

Sergi
Sergi
CTO in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Comet backup for a Cloud provider

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We were looking for a backup application that should be able to store efficiently the backup jobs to a cloud storage without using local temporal space.
After a few evaluations we came to Comet, has a good pricing model, it's easy to start with and we are a happy user for more than 2 years.
We are running hundred of backup jobs each day, and a few restores each quarter (we are lucky), and we never had any issue caused by Comet Backup.

I was impressed by the ease of use of the server, how to deploy agents and how easy was to extract information from the server to report to our users how the backup was protecting their information. Also, every time we opened a case with Comet, response time and quality was top notch.

It doesn't integrate (yet) with change tracking with the hypervisor so all the virtual disk has to be read each time, and that it'd be nice to integrate with S3 protocol Object locks to hedge against potential ramsonware attacks. I know that they are on it on both things but still not available.

Manish
Adminstrator in Australië
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers

Good Backup solution

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall really good for MSP customers.

The file backup part is really good. All the options for backup is really good. The features are a must. Work really smooth once its is setup

Storage vaults is bit confusing. Local vault and UNC file might have a problem connecting.

Raymond
Raymond
Systeembeheerder in Nederland

Excellent backup software

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have used a fair number of backup software, all with some challenges. With Comet we have no issues at all.

Backup servers are available for Windows and Linux. Installation and configuration is very easy. Setup and executing backup jobs works perfect. Restore also no problems. They make new versions very regular, so many new features over time.

Overal the product works great. For virtual machine backup we use different software. If at some point this could be integrated in Comet backup, that would be excellent!

Brandon
Computerhardware, 2-10 werknemers

Great Backup for MSPs

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I've been really happy with Comet since the minute we started using them. I'm very happy with the switch! The Web UI is fast and responsive. You have lots of flexibility in choosing either to store backups on Comet Server or on an S3 provider like Azure (or any other that you might want to use).

The pricing is very fair for a product like this and I love that you can brand the client to look and feel like your business.

Not too much in the cons field. If I was to list one I would say the lack of continuous backup. You can work around this by scheduling multiple jobs a day but isn't as ideal as solutions we've used in the past.

Fernand
Owner in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great self-hosted multiplatform backup solution

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We use Comet to backup key data and systems for our clients as well as for ourselves.

Comet has a light footprint, native applications (no Java client) and has a plethora of supported backup sources including Windows, Mac, Linux, databases, windows bare metal and more. It works reliably and offers flexible implementation options. The server software includes SSL certificate generation, data sync to other servers and more.

Server setup and implementation took a bit of work but once it is set up it works well. The management interface takes a bit to get used to. It would be nice if we could have more fine-grained control of server-to-server data sync.. e.g. syncing overnight.

Matt
Matt

Awesome Backup for MSPs

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have Comet install on a digital ocean server. Customers are managed from this and backed up directly to S3.

Very easy to use and setup. Runs on Linux. Low resources.

Interface needs some maturity but it is getting there.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Comet Backup is my GoTo for backup products

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Inexpensive, good features, remote control

If it were integrated with my Datto CRM and RMM product, it would make things somewhat better.

Roy
Director in Australië

Comet backup

5,0 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Backing up of servers, SQL servers for clients

Remote backup and monitoring, easy deployment

Server setup in the cloud a bit time consuming.

Andrew
President in Canada
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Offering a turnkey backup solution to my customers and they have the ability to restore their own files with minimal training.

The software is easy to use, simple to deploy and offers a great feature set for the price.

The software requires maintenance, and pushing updates to clients can be difficult.

Arsène
CEO in Zwitserland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

A solid modern backup solution

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We use Comet Backup for backing up our own servers and services, and now also provide managed backup services to clients. Being a software company ourselves, we really like how Comet can be configured and customized.

The combined feature set of Comet Backup is quite unique in this price range. The ability to manage multiple clients, on your own hardware, with your own branding, with data deduplication was something we did not find in other products. The licensing model is not prohibitive as it grows with usage with no initial investment required. We were able to integrate Comet Backup well into our system landscape, even with monitoring.

Being a "younger" product than some enterprise backup solutions, there are still some rough edges which needed attention from the producer or where we had to implement workarounds. The scheduling part and performance when using the Comet Server as storage destination are some of the parts where we struggle the most with.

Daniel
Technician in Nieuw-Zeeland

Great product

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have used Comet Backup for years now and am very happy with it. We have used it for various different scenarios and there is an option for every type of backup needed.

The support is the best, I always test new features as they are released and have questions regarding them, I always get a response the same day.

The web interface is a bit clunky, I wish they would redo it, there is plenty of room for improvement.

Overwogen alternatieven: Acronis Cyber Backup en MSP360 Managed Backup

Redenen om voor Comet Backup te kiezen: Urbackup was extremely finicky.

Redenen om over te stappen op Comet Backup: It gave the option to host files locally, making restores supper fast. At the time this was important for one of our main customers.

Matthew
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Outstanding customer service for outstanding software!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Comet makes offering backup services to my clients so incredibly easy. Comet's support team is just completely amazing, my last interaction with support sold me on Comet for life - I've been in IT professionally for 4 years now and have worked with support teams from ISPs to Medical Software companies, and no one even comes close to how fantastic Comet's support team is.

Account-wide deduplication and compression make storage footprint much smaller and backups much quicker. User interface is clean and easy to use. Administration side of things is packed with incredibly useful features and options. I can customize policies to fit the software for any of my clients, whether they're more techy and prefer to do things themselves or a company that prefers totally managed IT services.

Linux support is very lacking - I can't use Comet to backup any of my Linux servers to the extent of less-than-a-day disaster recovery. More thorough branding options for the backup client could be nice.

Overwogen alternatieven: MSP360 Managed Backup en Pulseway

Redenen om over te stappen op Comet Backup: Comet's incredible support team; better branding options; much more control over the software as a whole; much better interface.

Luiz Eduardo
CEO in Brazilië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Simple and effective backup system. Perfect support.

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The solution was great for solving problems that were occurring with our customers. Easy implementation, effective support, and attractive prices.

Clear pricing policy, one of the best value for money for MSP, efficient support and really safe solution.

Initially it may take some time to understand its concept, which in our opinion differs a little from traditional backup systems, but after a short time everything is working perfectly.

Overwogen alternatieven: Acronis Cyber Backup, MSP360 Managed Backup en Ahsay Offsite Backup Server

CEO in Ivoorkust
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

best online data backup platform

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: my overall experience with Comet Backup is that after trying their services, I can see why they were so highly recommended. They have a simple, easy to use and cost effective solution for data backup.

I have always been looking for a reliable back up storage on the cloud, that would be secure, fast and easy to use. I was looking for a piece of software that would allow me to back up my clients data, get the most out of the cloud and make sure that my company can grow and support more clients. Comet Backup offers a user-friendly platform designed to help you manage your data in the cloud, along with a reliable back up storage solution. The platform has a Windows version is available in 11 languages.

what I don't like is that the virtual machine backup is not done with cometbackup, it would be really nice if they thought to include that in their system

Gary
Director in VK

5,0 vorig jaar

Everything. it just works and is easy to use for all functions

Reporting is a bit weak if a customer sked for a report on their backups

Reactie Comet Backup

vorig jaar

Hi Gary, Thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate the feedback. If you visit our integrations page (https://cometbackup.com/integrations) & filter by "monitoring" you will see a half dozen options that can assist with reporting, including MyClient and Backup Radar. Warm regards, Comet Team

IT Manager in Canada
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Great Affordable Backup for most use cases

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great so far.

Large array of storage options. Large array of supported platforms Native Hyper-V Integration Basic Linux support Great pricing model

Could use KVM/libvirt integration on Linux as well as support for more Distributions More robust error reporting when jobs fail is needed

CEO in VS

Flexible Backup Service

5,0 vorig jaar

Comet is flexible in their hosing, backup, and restore options allowing us to be flexible with our customer’s needs. The flexibility in hosting options for us is critical. In the last two years of using Comet, we have transferred from using AWS S3 backing to Wasabi + client self-host servers without a single issue. The ability to self-host the server out of a docker container and scale it in our existing compute resources (Kubernetes) is an excellent option that we take advantage of. File backup plus select system images have been super helpful for recovery. We have been able to restore a full system image to a VM for a client well we rebuilt their main hardware.

- Extra cost for system images backs. - Unable to restore a file from a different account. - Our interface is starting to look outdated.

Charles

Comet Backup in small MSP Environment

5,0 vorig jaar

I liked the cross platform use of the product for mac and windows. I liked the integration into backblaze. I liked the pay per use pricing model where I only pay for customers as I add them into the software.

Having to run the software on a server instead of managed by Comet as Comets pricing is expensive. Unable to integrate the installer with my Syncro MSP software. Requires multiple steps to setup backup client on client system.

Pierre
IT Manager in Zuid-Afrika
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We used this to back up a small number of Windows servers at a hosting provider in Germany, it served its purpose well for this particular application but as we have added more servers the time required to add new servers, make config changes and ensure backups go through successfully took a lot of time. We specifically also needed a quick and easy bare-metal restore feature which was at the time still in development with comet backup.

The price point and flexibility to use a storage backend of your choice

A fair amount of manual intervention required initially and the agent deployment and user interface is not 100% obvious with regards to storage policies and locations

Overwogen alternatieven: Acronis Cyber Backup

Redenen om over te stappen op Comet Backup: Cost was a factor at the time and we ticked all of our backup requirements at that time.

Philip
Mr. in Brazilië

Backup Já

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, it works very well, it meets the demands of my clients.

very easy to use attractive price very easy to use attractive price

Does not backup VMware Does not backup VMware

Alexander
CTO in Israël
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 werknemers

Great product for msp on super competitive prices

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great product which we rely on to backup our customers data, and it's doing its job really good

The web dashboard, the multi os client, the multi tenancy and white label . Is the best thing about comet. At this prices it's a bargain

A little bit rough interface, not very intuitive.

Overwogen alternatieven: Acronis Cyber Backup

Redenen om voor Comet Backup te kiezen: Price

Redenen om over te stappen op Comet Backup: White label and pricing

Caleb
Computer Technician in Nieuw-Zeeland
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Happy Backerupperer

Local (NZ) support White label Easy central management

Linux client support poor Setup wizard needs to rerun for changes

Robbert
Robbert
System manager in Nederland
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Very easy to use and managed, very simple to install en fast product

We would like to use also for office 365 backup

Jimmy
Senior IT Consultant in Canada
Computerhardware, 11-50 werknemers

comet for the win

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: very good product, very fast and reliable

easy of usework as expected - like a charmsingle client backup 12 tb. easy pasta :)backup and restore, like a boss.

When computer are remove from the list, you can't restore data from the protected items.

Overwogen alternatieven: MSP360 Managed Backup

Redenen om voor Comet Backup te kiezen: very cheap pricing, centralized, onpromise management, marvelous product

Redenen om over te stappen op Comet Backup: price, comet is very affordable