Fantastic customer service, available to help with questions & issues. Aptly named Responsive.

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2018
Phyllis P.
Veeteelt, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: cost savings, frees up my time on bookkeeping and reporting, customer service is excellent

Pluspunten: Affordable, one time fee, not tied to monthly fees or exhorbitant costs, is a true double entry bookkeeping system, does not require you to be on the internet to use it (other than to download it or to get help), files are stored in your own computer or storage device. Can be used from year to year without paying additional costs. Can be tailored to fit your individual business needs. A great software package. I am very happy to have found this. I had just about given up finding a simple double entry bookkeeping software to the point that I set up my own books on spread sheets because I absolutely refuse to become a slave to companies charging monthly fees and that requires internet use. My own spread sheet system was so time consuming - but LedgerLite has freed me up from labor intensive bookkeeping and I'm happy, happy! Just set up your named accounts and make your entries, then generate reports, i.e. income statement, trial balance, etc. The best thing is the customer support! THANK YOU LedgerLite for developing this program and being readily available to answer questions.

Minpunten: The options for entries (NEW, EDIT, SAVE) are located at the bottom of the page which are not readily visible on my computer requiring me to scroll down for each entry to complete the transaction. It would be more convenient if the options were located at top of page eliminating the need to scroll down the page to complete the entry. Nonetheless, this is a great accounting program that I have been searching for for several years.

van Responsive Software op 17-2-2018

The screen can be resized by holding the mouse cursor over the bottom edge until it changes to a double-headed arrow. You can then click and drag to resize the screen in the vertical direction.

I own a small lab in Kuwait, I couldn't bear the cost of an accountant. ledger lite was the solution

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2018
Raed D.
laboratory director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: easy to use, customer support (TeamViewer, email, live chat, telephone), continuous development, design your income statement the way you like, calculate depreciation, cost of sales, balance sheet, trial balance, ledger website taught me the accounting theory. when I show it to accountants their first impression is that it's impossible to have all these features f only but when start using it, they will like it comparing to the complicated expensive systems they're using. multiuser feature, user can be administrator or viewer. hide zero Accounts, easy to create new accounts and their types.

Minpunten: should be able to export reports to Excel, pdf,.. not only CSV. not able to create the accounting tree according to the accountants
i.e. 001 Accounts receivables
0011 clinic x
0012 clinic y
002 Accounts payable
0021 supplier x
0022 supplier y
(maybe it can but I don't know how to do it)

van Responsive Software op 18-2-2018

LedgerLite will allow you to export any report to CSV format. This is compatible with Excel. In LederLite you can print to any Windows printer driver including PDF drivers.
The accounting tree can be created on the Balance Sheet or Income Statement by using a Group to put related accounts together as though they were a single account.

It's been great experience already, and surely it will continue

Umair J.
Accounts Manager
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: it made accounting so accurate and meaniful for us.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, meets customization requirement specific to our company bookkeeping requirements. It saves a lot of hassle that other accounting systems we tried in past had in common. Truly bookkeeping made easy. Masterpiece!

Minpunten: well not really. It gets better every time with the software updates. Would have been out of the world if there was auto backup facility!

van Responsive Software op 19-2-2018

LedgerLite keeps all its data in a single LLD database file. To backup all you need do is make a copy of this file to a USB stick or external hard drive. It's a good idea to copy both the LLD file and the program LedgerLite.EXE file. All you need to run LedgerLite on any Windows computer is these two files.

We don't provide an automatic backup facility because it is a specialised area beyond our expertise. We suggest a dedicated backup program to ensure all your important data is kept secure in case of loss or failure. We also suggest you regularly check to ensure you can restore data from your backups if necessary.

It is an excellent idea to create multiple copies of important data and store these in various locations. It's a risk to rely on a single backup copy. (LedgerLite allows you to password-protect your data.)

THE LEDERLITE PHILOSOPHY - THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY - LEDGERLITE MAKES IT POSSIBLE - WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

Simple And Easy Software for Small Businesses (Using for 3 years now since old ledger)

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2018
Johnson Z.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Biggest pro is simplicity. You can take the software around with you on a pen drive. It fits well with the requirement of a small business like us. No unnecessary complexity. One difficultly I had that was fixed in new Ledger is that now any account book can be downloaded to csv file.

Minpunten: Few more features like search would be nice. Also feature to print out various accounts (not balance sheet or PNL statement) between specified dates

van Responsive Software op 26-2-2018

To print an account statement for any specified period is quite straight-forward. First set the Viewing Period on the Workstation Configuration screen to the date range required. Then go to the Accounts screen, select the account from the drop-down and click on the Print button.

There is a Find button on the Accounts screen and the Cashbooks screen that allows you to search for a string within the Description field.

I am delighted with LedgerLite. I recommend it to others and use it myself for three companies.

James R.
Managing member
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After using other software, I found LedgerLite to have almost no learning curve to get up and running. It never breaks down (no bugs). It is nice to be able to talk with the software engineer who created the program. Daily data entry is done with ease and as few keystrokes as possible. The reports can be designed for whatever period I want to see or share.

Pluspunten: LedgerLite is as simple to use as anything you could imagine. This is possible, probably, because it is a General Ledger only. It does not have Payroll, Inventory or other modules with which it has to integrate. But for me, since I don't need those things, it is perfect. The one-time price is perfect, too. Tech support, if you ever need it, is also very available. As long as I need General Ledger only, I can't imagine using any other accounting software.

I've used LedgerLite accounting software for over two years and we hold it in the highest regards.

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2018
Martin M.
Site Administrator
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Speed: It's super fast even on old computers. Ease-of-use: it's very simple to set up and use. This Double Entry accounting system manages all the debits and credits of your business and keeps everything in balance. Lots of fail safe systems to make sure you do everything right. Most of all, it's fun to use. That's right, this double entry accounting system is pleasurable to use because it gives you a deeper understanding of your business finances. You'll make better financial decisions when you know how it will affect the key numbers of your business. Having good support behind it never hurts either. All my questions have always been answered in a timely fashion.

Minpunten: .

It is a good experience using the ledgerlite. It is easy to use and reliable.

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2018
Shanaka R.
Senior Assistant Bursar
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It easy to use. We can also make corrections easyly. It is very reliable and data is also secure. It is also very flexible to use and make reports. The date easyly can convert to exel format. It is a good software's i am using thid programme to keep accouts for one of my forign funded project. I managed to keep accounts successfully during past 3 years. I recomend this softwaer for any party. I like mast,we can create our own chart of account fit to our requirement.

Minpunten: Using trial balance is little bit confusing. When we select a period for a trial balance it give the tb for entire period. Example, i have been using ledgerlite for about more than 3 yrars. But if i want to get a tb for spe ific period it cant make. It always gives the bances from the date we began the accounting.
So some timely i feel difficult.

van Responsive Software op 9-3-2018

Historically the reason for the trial balance report was to ensure the accounts were in balance. With LedgerLite the accounts are guaranteed to balance (you can't post an entry that doesn't balance.)

The trial balance shows all account balances as at a specific date. It is not dependent on a period which is why you may be confused. The A,L,P account balances will match the Balance Sheet as at the same date.

The I and E balances are the accumulated income and expenses as at the same date and combined they match the automatically calculated Retained Earnings item on the Balance Sheet.

Easy to use and effective accounting software for our LLC. Great value and exceptional support.

Beoordeeld op 22-9-2017
Bruce W.
Partner
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I've spent a lot of time and money purchasing and implementing accounting software as a CFO and COO for past employers. After retirement, we needed an easy to use and inexpensive accounting program to handle a family LLC. We started just building spreadsheets rather than spend too much for a software package that we really didn't want. Then we came across LedgerLite. What a value! We've used the software for almost four years with no problems other than our own hardware issues. When those issues arose and we had to recover our data, questions to support at Responsive Software were answered promptly; like local service coming from half way around the world.

Minpunten: I'm having difficulty finding comments to list as a "Cons". For a larger organization there may be some limitations but for our LLC, this software works great.

I use this software for the accounts of a company set up to manage the common parts of 21 properties

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2018
Jon B.
Retired - was senior university manager.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This software is gloriously simple to use. It is thankfully free from excessive complexity, and whilst I have only given three stars for functionality - I see this as a massive positive. It is exceptionally intuitive - but comes with very good, and easily readable documentation. Today I handed over my populated Ledger Lite system to a colleague with little experience of book-keeping, but she very quickly mastered everything - and could instantly see the benefits of having easily entered data, converted instantly into management information, which allows easy drill-down from that highly summarised information to the constituent data. It is simple to use and yet extremely powerful. The time saved through use of the user-friendly data input screens, is so productively and enjoyably re-focused on acting on the information produced. The whole system - application and data is stored in two files. The system will run from a memory stick plugged into a computer if you wish, rather than from a computer's hard drive. I love this system.

Simplest and easiest software

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2018
Bilal J.
Finance Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Depreciation, Cash and Pass Book, user and admin rights are very perfectly defined some how there should be minor further customization.

Minpunten: limited addition. (inventory and HR module is not available). Only one problem I feel which is missing that day lock system is not much secured. Also voucher number are not available for any entry.

van Responsive Software op 5-3-2018

Voucher numbers belong in the Description field. The Description field can take up to 50 characters.

Great software for the novice and small business

Julie D.
Finance Director
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm not a professional accountant and this software has enabled me to produce accounts for my small business without going to the expense of hiring an accountant.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. The functionality is exactly what I need as a small business user. Being a non -accountant this software bridges the gap for me to produce accounts that are necessary to run my business without having to go to a professional accountant every month. Very good value for money.

Minpunten: Graphical information is limited or at least the software I have, which is the paid basic package. Possibly the more expensive package has more functionality. As I use Excel for my major graphs it isn't worth it o me to purchase the higher priced software as the basic package works very well for me at this time.

I have had no problems in using LedgerLite for the last 3 years.

John M.
Business Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software allows me to do my final account for my corporation.

Pluspunten: I like the simplicity of the application. It is particularly good for people like me who are independent consultants who do not need the bells and whistles of other software that are so expensive to buy and maintain.

Minpunten: The system cannot be used on multiple devices. For example I would like to use it on desktop as well as my laptop which I carry with me to work.

van Responsive Software op 20-2-2018

There are two different ways you can use the system on multiple devices. (1) Put the LedgerLite program and database on a USB stick and run it directly from the stick on any Windows computer, or (2) set up LedgerLite to run in a client/server configuration over a LAN or the Internet. In your situation (1) is probably the best option if you are the only user.

I'm in my third year with Ledgerlite and it is just the ticket for my home and business needs.

Emmett S.
Mgr
Milieudiensten
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A double entry system that works!

Pluspunten: The most outstanding feature of this program is the security afforded by having the program and my data in hand at all times and readily available in the event of computer changes.

Minpunten: Once in the while it would be nice if the type ahead feature that is available in some programs were available in this one.

We've been enthusiastic users of LedgerLite and its predecessor for 10 years in our business.

Luise O.
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Opmerkingen: Company books

Pluspunten: -ease of company and account setup
-ease of report generation
-ease of data backup security
-entry control for double-entry bookkeeping
-ease of maintenance of consistent entry form

Minpunten: -switching to an account presents all of the entries to date with the cursor at the earliest rather than latest
-scrolling through an account cannot be done by the mouse scroll wheel

van Responsive Software op 19-2-2018

In LedgerLite there is an option on the Workstation Configuration screen to show the most recent entries at the top of the list. Go to the File menu and select Configure. On the Workstation tab put a check next to Show Recent Entries First and click on OK.

You can scroll through an account with the mouse wheel if you first click on the account grid to bring it into focus.

I do the books for a non-profit organization (horticultural garden club) & LedgerLite is perfect fit

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2018
Don E.
Retired
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It was so easy to start up and it suits our type of organization. It is easy and simple to use.

Pluspunten: It is an inexpensive software just perfect for our club. It is very easy to use as I use to do books manually and I'm use to double entry accounting. I use to use Quickbooks Easy Start but after 10 years the software was no longer supported and I had to buy a new computer so I wasn't able move Quickbooks over. When I searched for new software, I couldn't find a suitable software for our organization that was reasonable in price. Most software was more than what I needed and too expensive. When I found LedgerLite on the internet and studied it I found it to be just right for us. Ledgerlite was easy to set up and use.

Minpunten: I would like to close the books at the end of a year but I am getting around that by setting up the near year start date.

van Responsive Software op 1-3-2018

There is a Close Books Date on the Global Configuration screen. No entries or edits will be allowed prior to this date but you can still view and report on the data.

Worlds easiest and simpliest software.

Mohammad B.
Assistant Coordinator Sales
Voedselproductie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Chart of Account is very easy to design. Also cash book and pass book import export. User friendly and easy to create user and assigning rights to them according to requirement.

Minpunten: Look and unlock books very easy. I mean one can easily unlock books easily. Secondly there should be some inventory module also.

I have been using LedgerLite in a small enterprise for the last three years.

Robert N.
Parish Priest
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It is so simple that learning the program is very easy. When I had a doubt, I wrote to the program´s creator and without dely he answered me. The program is so well created that it is almost impossible to make an error. Also, it´s price will not deplete your bank account.

Minpunten: Sincerely, I cannot find an aspect that I don´t like. LedgerLite works well with a PC computer. I would like to see a version of it for an Apple iPad.

van Responsive Software op 19-2-2018

You can run LedgerLite on an iPad if you have Windows emulator software. Because LedgerLite works with any version of Windows it also works with most Windows emulators for both the Mac or Linux. A number of users are running LedgerLite successfully using WINE or Winebottler.

I am very happy with LedgerLite. It was inexpensive and does pretty well everything I need it to.

Margo L.
treasurer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It is simple and straightforward to use, The Customer Service is amazing. Anytime I have had a question, they have gotten back to me within a few hours.

Minpunten: It is possible to delete an entry accidently, and there is no way to retrieve it from within the system.

van Responsive Software op 18-2-2018

It's true LedgerLite doesn't have an UNDELETE function in case you delete an entry accidentally. That's the reason we made DELETE a three step process and included a prompt asking "Are you sure you wish to delete this entry?" (Perhaps we should have made it a four or five step process!)

If it's any use LedgerLite also lets you switch to what it calls TRUST MODE which prevents any deletions whatsoever. This mode is designed to comply with the requirements of solicitor's trust accounting. In this mode if you make an error you can only correct it by making another entry. In TRUST MODE the database becomes an immutable record of every transation entered.

Outstanding SIMPLE bookkeeping tool!

Charlie A.
Voedselproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Simple, cheap, easy bookkeeping. It does all that I need to run my little business.

Pluspunten: SIMPLE! If you just need simple double entry bookkeeping and a few reports then why bother with QuickBooks? (QB is nice but for me was overkill.) I just made a couple copies of the initial data file and then started with my double entry. No problems. Then at the end of each month I run the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to see how I'm doing. I really could not be easier.

Minpunten: You do need to have a basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping so it's not completely dummy proof.

Product is very good for recording personal financials (Balance sheet and Income & Expenditure)

Barry C.
Individual
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The ability to record my various sources of Income and review my assets and liabilities.I can review my expenditure each year and use the data to prepare my Income Tax return.There is also a record of asset purchases which can be utilised for warranty and replacement information.

Pluspunten: Ability to roll-over into next period,ability to print/review or transactions in detail and to carry
the ledger on a small USB card. I recently applied for a Bank loan and although I had a printed set of accounts with me, I could have provided the card to the Bank and had the Bank printout any data required.Very ease to use as rated above.
At present I load data yearly,but am trying to update more regularly. There are many transactions recorded including Amex and Visa transactions and all Bank accounts

I use LedgerLite for bookkeeping and issuing financial reports for my tenant association.

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018
Joseph L.
Retired Bus/Acct Teacher
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ease of recording financial transactions and generating financial reports. I also love the ease of correcting minor errors with the editing features. This save on making numerous journal entries.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of recording financial transactions in the cash register and other non-cash transactions in the general journal.

Minpunten: Retained Earnings does not apply to non-profit associations and there is no automatic closing mechanism for accounting year.

van Responsive Software op 24-2-2018

Net Income on the Income Statement and Retained Earnings on the Balance Sheet can be renamed to something more applicable to a non-profit e.g. Surplus of Income Over Expenditure or Accumulated Surplus.

LedgerLite is designed for flexibility and therefore has no built-in concept of financial periods. Ledger postings are recorded on a real-time continuous basis. Because of this LedgerLite can produce financial reports for any arbitrary date or period.

However LedgerLite does have a function to zero Income and Expense accounts as at a specified date and also allows you to close the books as at a specified date (the Close Books Date.)

Overall, the software is great!

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2018
Temaiana T.
MD
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can manage/prepare my accounts on my own. Be able to submit my financial reports to Tax as required and to other interested parties.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, has all the features/functionality, worth buying, full customer support any time needed.

Easy to use accounting software for the non-accountant user.

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2018
Jane B.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's simplicity, user friendly and cost effective. Good video tuition and email support from the customer rep.

Minpunten: 1. Not a biggie - but could be able to upload company profile image to startup screen.
2. Be able to change headings eg - Income Statement to "Profit and Loss Account"
3. A better quality image upload of invoices to the Cash Book. Should be able to upload a pdf doc as preferred image commonly used for archiving.

van Responsive Software op 20-2-2018

Thank you Jane for your feedback and suggestions. We will definitely keep these in mind when we are working on future upgrades to LedgerLite.

Easy to use.

Vicente T.
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Not expensive, with trial time, jenkins responds to questions, fits to what we need, easy to instruct co workers on how to use.

Minpunten: Should have a time frame on what/when to print.

LedgerLite is the most intuitive and simple-to-use small business accounting system I have found.

Russell D.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: LedgerLite is perfect for someone with basic double-entry knowledge. It is unfussy but comprehensive enough for a sole trader - without providing unnecessary features that complicate the operation of the program.

Minpunten: The online written support and instruction material is sometimes not all that clear, but the software is so intuitive for those with some book-keeping knowledge that one can usually answer one's own questions by trial and error. Also the speed and helpfulness of the LedgerLite support team means comprehensive assistance via email is always available.