Zero $0 investment, resulting in a great looking website

Sergey M.
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance
Horeca, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Not only I learned something new, which I've never known before, I was also able to present a great looking product to a higher level management, which really didn't cost company a penny.

Pluspunten: I came to use Joomla when I needed to build a web based portal for my company to organize internal resources and data. While I can't call myself a Linux guru, it really took me 15 minutes to get my initial Joomla website up and running. Instructions are very clear and simple. Joomla was my first CMS product to evaluate. While it did take me a couple of days to understand it's structure, from that point, building a website was as easy as 123. Everything is visual. You don't have to be a great programmer / web developer to get along with this product. With the amount of available free and paid plugins, sky is really your limit to your web site customization. While my website was fairly simple (as that's the way I wanted to have it), I've seen examples of very complex high end websites, built on Joomla. My favorite feature is a backup. It so happened several times, that I managed to break my website. Restoring from a backup and going back live was so easy, it was hard to believe. Provided this was a totally free solution (Ubuntu Linux + Joomla CMS), I couldn't ask for a better software for my project.

Minpunten: Really nothing. Like I said it did take me a couple of days to understand how to add content and structure it, but once this was figured out, the rest was a breeze.

Joomla is a great cms alternative to Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Freelance Web & Graphic Designer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I’ve used it for years with great results for myself and clients. I feel that my joomla sites have been more easy to update and more stable than the Wordpress ones as the years have went by. I’d much more rather troubleshoot a joomla error than a Wordpress one :) any day

Pluspunten: I love Joomlas structure both from a content editors perspective and a coders perspective. Joomla is setup out of the box to handle and organize large amounts of content and is seo friendly. It’s templating system is easy to work with and makes it so much easier for designers and users. It’s admin is customizable and is logical. I’ve tried to love Wordpress but find myself always going back to joomla. In so many ways it’s core features and overall structure is just more logical to me and cleaner. Many times there isn’t a need for plugins cause the core will do most things which helps later on with site migrations and upgrades. With either Wordpress or joomla of one finds themselves needing super advanced feature sets such as for e-commerce or other things then I’d recommend looking into a customized saas service since they will be a lot more stable and better in the long term for maintenance and security. But for content sites and most business applications I love joomla over most other cms choices. The latest versions of joomla have also added nice core features making it extensible in a myriad of ways. As a non coder by trade I was able to learn joomla well and customize things myself since they are laid out more logically,

Minpunten: I think akeeba backup should partner with joomla and make akeeba a core feature of the cms :) but it’s still easy to install myself and run backups :) so no problem.

CMS that is fully customizable

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla! CMS is one of the first out there, and it keeps improving. Support is easy to find via their active Open source community. The setup requires a little reading up, but once you get past this initial hurdle, everything else is easy to use, intuitive, and super flexible to suit everyone's need. Joomla! is also a good choice in teaching young IT and Web enthusiasts since it is open source and fully extensible and customizable. It will run on older hardware, and minimum requirement will not be a problem.

Pluspunten: Joomla! has been around for decades, and the reason for such popularity and continued use is that it is easy-to-use and manage, it is open source and has a huge and active community that maintains it. The community provides extensive documentation, FAQs, and support for almost any question or issue you may encounter. Joomla! can be set up locally and easy to deploy to the Internet publicly. The security features have significantly improved through the years. This CMS comes with an intuitive dashboard. And there are many third-party integrations available for setup. Since this is open source, the elements are customizable to suit your needs.

Minpunten: Setting up may require an initial (steep) learning curve. May be not as easy to set up as Wix or Weebly. Hence may require the admin to be more-or-less tech savvy (and not just a beginner).

Exceptional web developing software application!

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Candace E.
Google CS First Instructor
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The benefits of using Joomla include managing content within a secured database. Other benefits of Joomla include learning about site analytics, metadata, structure and navigation of building a professional website. Additional benefits of utilizing Joomla include receiving a certification for the completion of certain exams. Furthermore, the benefits of utilizing Joomla consist of being able to clone or download repositories from GitHub to assist with more website development.

Pluspunten: Joomla is an open source content management system that non-profit, state agencies, small-businesses, or corporations. Organizations can benefit from utilizing Joomla because the features within the applications are relatively simple to utilize to distribute company's information on a website. Joomla is an excellent tool that interfaces with your company's network that allows for online applications to be built. Joomla utilizes a standard website content builder similar to Word Press that allows for classified fields to be entered by the end user. Content can be managed by authenticated or authorized users for publishing purposes. Content can be synced with the company's intranet or internet ensuring smooth synchronization between two platforms using PHP and SQL.

Minpunten: Promotional materials may be forwarded to the company's legal address as providing an address is required upon registering with volunteers.joomla.org. IP Address may be utilized to identify possible abuse, which may be shared between third parties. IP Addresses my be shared when commenting on features, which also includes the users name and email address. Other information may be collected, but the "other information" is not specified within the terms of service agreement or privacy policy. Sharing of other information can be allowed with third parties regarding advertisements of goods or services.

Joomla Is Robust and Extensible

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2016
Lisa K.
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using Joomla! for almost 10 years, since the very early days of the project. It's come a long, long way since then, and it remains one of the most flexible and feature-rich CMSes out there. The caveat is that any novice will have difficulty learning the ins and outs of Joomla unless they are massively dedicated to pouring over pages of documentation. When compared to WordPress, it has more out-of-the-box features but is a little less user-friendly in terms of getting up and going.

Pluspunten: The built-in ACL is excellent, allowing you to easily create user-focused site without adding a ton of plugins. Joomla beats WordPress in user management, menu management, and template management out of the box. There is very little that you can't do with this software.

Minpunten: Many people don't keep the software up-to-date, which leads to security concerns and has given the impression that Joomla is insecure. It's not any more or less than other open source software, but it HAS to be kept up-to-date, and with all open source CMSes security software is a must. SEO isn't quite as easy in Joomla but I hear that's changing with upcoming releases.

Amazing CMS for larger government websites

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2018
Alan B.
Web Designer
Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've had a great experience with Joomla as it has a huge number of extensions, particles, and templates to help you get the perfect results for a refined and highly functional website.

Pluspunten: We use Joomla for our County websites that serve 1 million plus customers. We have a number of staff editors that maintain their specialized content for our 3 local government websites here in Southern California. When working with Joomla, a good template developer is essential and it's important to use a good hosting company for ease of installation and maintenance. We use InspireThemes for our templates and SiteGround as our hosting company. This is a terrific combination as these vendors provide excellent products and superior support.
Joomla is a fantastic CMS for our needs as it provides stability, powerful extensions, room for expansion, and ease of use.

Minpunten: I would strongly advise anyone wanting to use Joomla to start with a Quickstart template with a strong framework built in, like Gantry5 framework. The Quickstart templates save development time and frustration. You can easily install a fresh template in a matter of minutes and then choose your features and away you go!
But use a reliable template developer and a customer service oriented hosting company - VERY IMPORTANT!

I will keep using Joomla and can't recommend enough

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019
marketing manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was able to collaborate on design changes to our corporate website with my fellow designers and developers, and overall the experience of editing, designing, previewing, and publishing content was at first a little time consuming to follow all the steps, but eventually was so easy to follow time and time again. It is a tool that myself and my colleagues continue to turn to when we have web development tasks that need to be completed and with new features continuing to be pushed out, it's never been a better time to learn how to use and train others on the program as well.

Pluspunten: I found Joomla to be a great tool that was used as the back end engine of our customer facing website. As someone with some technical skills, I was able to learn how to use the editing tools pretty quickly, I learned how to be a user administrator and set up permissions for our customer portal to allow ease of access for customer materials - the overall set up of these features was a very stress free process.

Minpunten: Depending on how you've decided to use this content management tool, the process of upgrading certain features and customizing the back end user interface can be challenging when the needs arise. I find the normal challenges that I've found with similar content management tools, however there is little that I dislike from a back end user perspective.

Been a fan since 1.5

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018
Roy C.
Senior Web Developer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Joomla with its open source concept has allowed our university to flourish with nearly 2000 articles. I've taken it apart and put it back together several times. From the php to the sql database, joomla provides the developer the opportunity to debug a lot easier. It's also easy to manipulate and create new templates, module spaces and global modifications. We currently have three distinct sites on one install, which helps us maintain the updates. Joomla has been our backborn since 1.5 and we've never looked back. Although its main competitor Wordpress and Drupal offer more bells and whistles, we are grateful for the developers that keep adding and making joomla even better every iteration. Joomla's becoming more streamline and less bloated, which helps our systems run much faster.

Minpunten: As of late, the security updates have crashed our systems. However, we are able to fix these problems quickly. The main con we do have is that there are few developers on the marketplace offering modules and components. The ones we do find have not been updated for years which is concerning. Joomla system core does have some bloat but can be easily removed.

Organizing and showing content can be very easy

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018
Andrés e. B.
Analista sénior
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla, for those who have not tried it, do it could be here an opportunity to create a blo or even a corporate website, in addition ... it's free

Pluspunten: I have been working in the area of ​​electronic media for at least 6 years and, truth be told, I have walked through several CMS. This one in particular, has called my attention for several things. In principle, the posivilidad develop web pages that are shown with dynamic and interactive content. Nowadays it is a very important point. Another interesting aspect is that it is written in PHP, a language that many IT people in the world, handle quite well. In relation to my work, it is tremendous because it facilitates the updating of the site very easily. Task that I must do several times a day. I think it's an excellent work tool, very intuitive.

Minpunten: Even though I mentioned that it is intuitive, I think that the person who is going to interact with this or any other CMS must perform some kind of course to handle it easily. Another element to consider, is SEO. I think it can be improved. Currently, other CMS have better benefits in that regard. Mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, only that it can be improved.

In many ways better than Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2017
Joseph S.
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Instead of focusing on Joomla only I tell you why Joomla is a better alternative compared to Wordpress in many scenarios when you are not looking for blog only solution. (Of course when it comes to Blogs there's EasyBlog for Joomla). WordPress was and is technically inferior compared to Joomla because of
– spaghetti codes
– no multilingual option out of the box
– nor access levels and control
– nor proper menu management (for those with portals to manage 50+ menu items)
– no template, plugin and language overrides (always creating a child theme is really something that shouldn’t exist in the first place)
– nor user groups and a lot of other noes…

Minpunten: The reason Wordpress is still better in many scenarios is thanks to the amazing 3rd party plugin developers (who can rely on the raw purchasing power of myriads of Wordpress users) like Yoast, Woocommerce and multitudes of others and the fast and easy interface. Since Joomla now have a SEO plugin similar to Yoast (called PWT SEO) there are fewer and fewer reasons not to choose Joomla.

Best CMS to make your own web page.

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019
Alberto N.
System Engineer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use it daily, for my client's web pages, webs like ecua-americanlab.com, https://www.ccemipol.com/web/ and many others since 2012, by now the latest version is 3.9.4

Pluspunten: It is free, you can pay for templates if you want but is not necessary because you can find a lot of free templates on internet that can help you to build a great landing page or a complete web page, once you learn how to use it, you will be able to build lots of webpages for your friends or clients, you can make a web un 2 hours or less (It will depend on your abilities) but for somebody who don't know anything of this CMS and start as beginner, can use it with demos and tutorials in 2 weeks easily.

Minpunten: 1 It is not the best option if you want to create a professional blog.
2 It is so popular and for that reason, there are more probabilities to be attacked by hackers.
3 There are a lot of functionalities in the main administrative panel, but that could confuse a people that will begin to learn how to use it, and most part of this will not be used for the common user.

Joomla is an amazingly versatle way to build great websites fairly easily.

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018
Jenny M.
Administrative Assistant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its versatility and flexibility make Joomla a great product to work with once you get your head around how it works. There are plenty of tutorials to help the process so it doesn't take long.

Pluspunten: I love the versatility of Joomla - its ability to make your website anything you want it to be. I have been using it since its inception and being free to start off with is a big winner, and many of the addons are free, so it doesn't take much to set it up and get going. There is a wealth of information available to help you and lots of support groups to join to help you get the most out of the product. I believe Joomla leads the way in many web design standards and is a world class product produced and maintained by a talented and dedicated team of volunteers.

Minpunten: Sometimes it is hard to sift through all the info in forums and support sites to find out what you need, and because it has evolved so rapidly, there is a lot of stuff out there from older versions that slows down searches.

Joomla is One of the Most Secure CMS for Creating Websites

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2018
Frederick O.
ICT Officer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love Joomla because of the stability and security of Joomla Websites. For companies whose websites have a high likelihood of being hacked, I would recommend they use Joomla to set up their websites.

Pluspunten: I use Joomla to build websites for my clients who need a little edge when it comes to the security of their websites. Unlike other CMS's Joomla so far is the most secure CMS I have worked with. My most favorite thing about Joomla is the stable security. I have never experienced a case of any of my Joomla websites getting hacked. Another reason I like Joomla is that it is easy to use. The architecture of the templates is made up of modules which show you where to place different components on your website pages. I always found it easier to work with template modules. Another thing I like about Joomla is that is it a free software - open source. You don't have to pay to use Joomla. It is just a matter of downloading it and installing it. The only thing you might need to pay for is the premium templates.

Minpunten: The disadvantage I face with Joomla is that unlike Wordpress, there isn't much help material on the internet to help you when you are stuck with something. Yes, there are some situations where you will find help on something but the likelihood of finding such material is less as compared to that of WordPress. Sometimes you might end up hiring a programmer to help you fix something that you could have fixed yourself if only someone had posted it online.

Love and Obsession

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
James H.
IT Manager / Web Development Manager
Olie en energie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What an I say, this is my addiction! Seriously, I have been using Joomla! for approximately 14 years and have nothing but good things to say about it. First and foremost it is Free and Open Source giving developers an edge when creating Dynamic Websites. Secondly the development team and community behind Joomla! are hands down the best groups of people. Third, the 3rd Party Developer support for Joomla! is excellent with the Extension Directory providing more than 10,000 current integrations and enhancements. Lastly, the ease of use and end user learning is the simpelest compared to other CMS like Wordpress and Drupal. Our end user adoption of Joomla! is 500% faster than any other with less customer call backs than the others. This is great for customers and makes new business generate faster by word of mouth.

Minpunten: Nothing bad to say, one of the best things that has happened to me and my compay.

The Potential to Grow

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018
Vinny H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I build sites for myself and clients using this platform.

Pluspunten: Very powerful tools to restrict and grant access to users and admins built-in. I find it more secure then Wordpress, which is probably due to Wordpress' popularity, however, there are a lot of security features built-in. Very active community and the plugins are vetted regularly that are posted on their website. Joomla websites are very versatile in what they can be used for and can grow as you need them. They keep a regular update schedule and keep the community updated .

Minpunten: It can be a little confusing whether the content is coming from an article, component or a module. They don't handle canonical links very well and links are all menu based (however that can be a positive because it's easy to dictate what you'd like for a URL). Media Manager is a bit cumbersome and hopefully, version 4 will address a lot of the issues (such as replacing images).

An easy to use and understand handler

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018
Nairoby D.
Consultor
Telecommunicatie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Opmerkingen: For developers I recommend Joomla

Pluspunten: Joomla is free software therefore we can review it from head to foot without problem and adapt it to
our needs, for this we must have knowledge in php and database, depending on the level of knowledge and the ability to understand foreign source code, you can achieve wonders with Joomla.
My beginnings with Joomla were with version 1.7 and migrating it to 2.5 was quite tedious, so much was
the impact that I decided to forget about the previous version and start a new website, which was a boost perfect to update the design, select a good template and modify it as required;later the migration of 2.5 to 3 following the tutorial of the official page was much more Simple and fast, I had no problems with the database.
Joomla allows the installation of infinities of modules, plugins and extensions that facilitate the work and allow to diversify the page, making it attractive, has extesiones for the management of the security to avoid hacking; changing the language for me was fundamental. There is a large community to find information about Joomla.In terms of user management and administration, it is very broad, with profiles and groups an important level of security is maintained The way to classify the articles by categories, allows you to have an organized and clean website.

Minpunten: - If it's a blog what you need to do, I do not recommend using Joomla - Some plugins or modules can be security holes. - Also some plugins or modules offer features that you only get if you pay, of course this does not depend directly on Joomla but on the developers of each module, but it can be frustrating when you want to add functionality and you can not pay it.

Joomla is a CMS system that is works well for sites with a lot of content, like magazine sites.

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2018
Darrin W.
Sole Proprietor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla was running a site of mine for several years until I sold it off. The basic version of Joomla can do the job well enough indeed, but the script was never very secure, and I had to do a major version update later on, which was not easy. So I never updated the site at all. For people who do not know anything about PHP, managing a Joomla site can be harder than it looks. The back-end admin can look and feel outdated/slow if you come from a WordPress background. But as far as doing the job, no issues there, and it is still more user-friendly than Drupal.

Pluspunten: Joomla is quite user friendly, and simple to run/manage. It works well to power sites that have a lot of content, and there are now many free plugins that extend its scope. The URLs can be made into SEO friendly URLs with the aid of plugins and installation is not too difficult.

Minpunten: The back-end admin panel looks and feels rather dated and it is not a very secure script. Hackers are known to easily break into Joomla sites and it seems to consume quite a lot of server resources. If you need support, you are largely limited to the discussion board. Although there are many free plugins, but they may not be updated often, and you could be forced to buy expensive paid plugins simply because your options are limited.

An acceptable content manager

Beoordeeld op 24-12-2018
Connor M.
Software Engineer
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla was a pioneer in the area where she fights but the truth is that she has stayed behind other options, even though she is still looking to innovate and try to offer products as good as other options, in my opinion she is a manager good content for those who are starting or starting and do not have a very high budget.

Pluspunten: The truth is that Joomla in terms of what it offers is quite acceptable, one of the things I like is that for a programmer is usually easy to use, it is also free to use so anyone can use Joomla without need of paying nothing, I like that it can also be used locally so that I can do tests without anyone seeing them, it is quite good for projects that are general and that are starting.

Minpunten: As for what I do not like we have that despite being free to use the best resources are paid and sometimes the poverty of free resources makes it necessary to acquire the payment, also in quality final product is usually more outdated, there are options in the market that allow you to have a better final product and more visually striking, besides that it is usually a content manager a bit complex to use for people who are not very proficient with the computer.

A Flexible & Robust CMS

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Mary alice G.
Co-Owner & Director of Marketing
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I think it depends on the end user, but for anyone who have even a basic understanding of relational data (content), they'll find this platform immensely approachable. It sometimes gets a bad rap compared to WordPress, but if you're working with power users who may get frustrated by the limited accessibility of other platforms, Joomla's the way to go.

Pluspunten: Joomla is incredibly extendable, and the grid system is easy to teach clients without a whole bunch of math, like many of the other grid-based page builders. It's structural components are, to me, more intuitive and flexible than what you find in WordPress.

Minpunten: Sometimes the developer community may not quite keep pace with the updates, but there's rarely ever a hiccup large enough to make me switch CMS platforms.

I have developed different websites with this CMS

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2018
Alirio rubén R.
Gerente de Marca - Integrigo
51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very intuitive interface with support in different languages. The learning curve is fast for users with basic knowledge of web design. However, you need some knowledge of the database in order to configure the site or put it to work on the Internet. Being open source, it has an extensive community of developers that publish modules to add new features to those that it brings by default. The management and updating of versions is very simple. You do not need advanced technical knowledge to update it.

Minpunten: Because many of the plugins are developed by the user community, some come with errors that can generate instability in the system.

Publish in a portal without knowing programming

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019
Alfredo M.
Gerente de Comunicaciones Internas
Telecommunicatie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a simple content handler and you can achieve great things with that tool and the appropriate knowledge.

Pluspunten: In my work I must upload and review press releases on a web page created in Joomla before being published; with this tool it was really very simple, at first I did not have a text editor, the webmaster installed a plugin and it was like. Use Word or Writer, which simplified the work when styling, changing fonts, inserting images. Little by little I got involved with Joomla to improve the page, in terms of banner layout, add a news slider, add the twitter on the home page, among other details always with the support of the technical team and thus a simple, elegant page. One detail that I found interesting is that it is free software and that is why we can download the functionality we want and with the help of someone who has mastered the programming part, it starts to work quickly.

Minpunten: My knowledge in the technical area is scarce, the essential to live with technology, I do not know the world of web programming so it was an impediment when configuring some changes to the page that required to see the source code, there I had to depend on the technical staff.

A CMS that puts many others to shame.

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Owner - Web Designer/Developer/Marketer
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla is one of my two go to open-source softwares for building amazing websites for my clients....but Joomla has been my go to for the longest!

Pluspunten: I have been using Joomla for well over 10 years. I love the functionality and extendability as a web developer. The community for Joomla is amazing when you need help, and customizing is a breeze with a little PHP knowledge. My favorite though, is the ease of the templating system...so quick and easy to create custom templates!

Minpunten: You do need to know some coding in order to really tap into the potential that the Joomla CMS has...but even if you're going for simple, it's a great tool to use for building websites.

We have used Joomla since 2008 for our websites. We still use it, but plan to switch to pure html.

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2018
Yan F.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's free and open source and quite easy to use.

Pluspunten: Joomla is a secure open-source solution for your website. It is less know than its main competitor - Wordpress, but this disadvantage turns into two main advantages:
First, its is more secure: hackers just don't bother to develop hacking tools for Joomla website, they go for Wordpress site. Joomla also offers many tools for free that are concerned with security - database tools, protection tools etc. Google for Akeeba if you concern about security and it also an excellent tool for your back up.
Second, the community is less crowded and some really good programmers work on it.
Joomla is easily installed with tools like Softacoulous - and you can find it in any CPanel hosting.

Minpunten: It's overkill for us in administration. It ideally fits a medium to large company where several people work on one website. For company with up to 30 people and a couple of people working on the website -it just too many features.

Free, Open-Source, and Community Supported!

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2019
Rick B.
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads
Defensie en ruimtevaart, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla has been really easy to use in my environment. I have never struggled with the initial configuration and have always been able to get helped around the implementation of plugins. My sites are lightweight and do not over-utilize the resources available on my servers.

Pluspunten: What I like the most about Joomla is the administration GUI; it makes you feel that you are immersed in a video game. Working on websites feels like leisure, and not the work that it actually is. Joomla is also really well supported by the community and almost all the issues I have ever had were solved by members of the community who could point me in the right direction. Joomla, being open source, leaves me feeling secure, knowing there isn't blatantly malicious code spamming my users.

Minpunten: What I like the least about Joomla is that, being the second most popular CMS on the net, it doesn't have the same size plugin community as WordPress, and thus it is sometimes difficult to find plugins that compare well with their WordPress equivalents.

Joomla vs. Drupal: That's what it really comes down to for your website.

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2018
Contributing Writer
Publiceren, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Joomla is a great CMS for websites, and you can integrate it with other platforms to really get your integration going. Be prepared for some design help, and a bit of programming help, compared to simple 'website builders' or even Wordpress, if you need a bigger and more complicated and interactive website.

Pluspunten: Wordpress rules the Internet. Then there is Joomla and Drupal. Wordpress started as a blogging platform and has slowly morphed into a CMS. Joomla started life as a CMS (content management system). Joomla is very powerful, but has a steeper learning curve than Wordpress. But many companies will need the added power of Joomla. It isn't as 'easy' as Wordpress, but if it's developed properly, you can get a much more powerful website out of it. And in today's business environment, with eCommerce, marketing and everything needing to be integrated, Joomla is a great way to do that! Also, there is pretty good online support for Joomla. And I'd have to say Joomla's community is better than Drupal, but not as busy as Wordpress. So if you have a developer on staff or on retainer, and they're familiar with Joomla, you can get amazing results!

Minpunten: We tried implementing Joomla for a few specific reasons (basically we couldn't get what we wanted from other platforms without a lot of paid customization). We know there are plenty of websites running Joomla, and plenty of people love it. In many ways, it comes down to what you're familiar with and what you like. For us, though, the user and admin interfaces in DRUPAL were easier to learn than Joomla (especially the 'new' Drupal 8). So, the backend of Joomla could use some refinement, in our humble opinion.