Google Drive reviews

4,8 (24.348) Schrijf een review!

Over Google Drive

Platform voor het delen van bestanden waarmee gebruikers contacten, foto's, video's, presentaties, opnames en meer kunnen opslaan en delen.

Meer informatie over Google Drive

The software is very good as it has the signature Google interface which means everything is very understandable and intuitive. It integrates wonderfully with the rest of Google's ecosystem.

As with all Google products: bad support, lack of continuous improvements, lack of basic features, and horrible UI for the advanced features.

Beoordelingen van Google Drive

Waar voor je geld

Google Drive heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 24.348 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Google Drive eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (24.348)

Federico A.
Federico A.
CFO in Uruguay
Bankwezen, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent product for sharing and manage documents!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is a great product, compatible, easy to use and reliable so far.

Google Drive allows you to have free storage, it has a great compatibility with every phone, tablet, computer, and any other device we tested, the refresh rate is almost immediate, easy to understand user interface, preview of almost all file types and some security features.

As any other cloud services it has security risks which needs to be carefully managed, there is a size limit which can be managed with the paying subscription, it requires internet connection, the uploading-downloading can be slow depending on the internet connection and file size.

César josé R.
César josé R.
Software Developer in Peru
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

15GB well managed is a wonder

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: 15GB free well managed is wonderful, you have many features that you can improve to be much better than the competition.

This tool works as an introduction to cloud storage for many users, thanks to the great presence of Google in the market. It fulfills all the tools one needs for cloud storage in its free version. It allows easy collaboration with other users in the administration and management of files.

Like other tools for storing information in the cloud, it has poor internet quality management, specifically in areas where internet quality is poor, where it is practically unusable. The first use of any user can be somewhat complicated, because the user interface makes it slightly difficult to effectively learn how to use the platform from the first moment. There are many functions that one cannot use from the beginning because they are somewhat hidden, such as the file sharing feature.

Founder Owner in VS

Google it

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: No problems, I do like that you always send emails about updating, and I like that the safety of having a text to access the account

It works for me, especially with having so many photos to share between different client accounts.

It can be a bit slow, and hard to organize. I wish I could make it look more like a desktop with files.

Jakub H.
Designer Founder in Tsjechië

Overwogen alternatieven:

The still evolving cloud storage

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I moved to Google Drive from other solutions because it started to feel mature in around 2014 and am happy since. There is of course the privacy issue/question with Google.

Being a part fo Google ecosystem it is integrated very tightly with other apps and android phones. Installing it on any device and computer is super simple. The setup is a breeze and then it just works. No configuration needed. Unless you want something special like rename the default location of your files.

The app installs itself as a virtual hard- drive, which can be annoying if you have OCD and only want to see drives you have in real. So there always is a Google Drive icon on your desktop or explorer. If you want to move or rename the folder you sync your files automatically to it is not possible. This task requires a little tweaking a you knowing what you are doing so you do not accidentaly loose some of your files. There is no local (delta) syncing of files over local network - everything must go through the cloud. From one device to anohter - even if they are next to each other.

Data Analytics Manager in Filipijnen
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great cloud file storage for sharing and collaborating with others

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, we're able to collaborate better and work more efficiently using Google Drive.

I like the overall UX and functionality of Google Drive. Especially if you're already using Google Workspace apps, Google Drive is the best place to keep and share your documents.

I don't have anything I dislike about Google Drive's functionality. It keeps getting better. Probably more storage space will be great.

Daniel C.
Daniel C.
Product Manager in India
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easiest way to record and collaborate your docs & files

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied with the overall product and its collaboration capabilities with all other Google products make life easier

Ease of access and closely linked with the Gmail suite is one of the best highlights. GDRIVE is super collaborative, all your collaborative working requirement, especially during the remote working environment is satisfied with G-DRIVE

Nothing major as of now ! In the context chat / realtime commenting would have been a nice to have feature

Artyom A.
Artyom A.
Risk Business Analyst in Armenië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Handy cloud storage for personal and business purposes

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google drive is very handy storage that I use for my personal and work files. Sharing options such as adding emails or getting links makes easier to work with your team.

It's very easy to use. You can share your files with dozens of people. Third party apps inside Google Drive give you even more features to manage, edit your files.

You can't preview large files. To see what's inside the file you need to download it first.

Mohsin A.
Mohsin A.
Web Development in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Google Drive is The King of Online File Storage

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google Drive user experience is like magic.

Google Drive comes with every Gmail account which is most likely the default account for almost everyone! Easy to use and all the feature is already available. So many way of use.

I can't find any cons, it's a perfect solution for file sharing and storage.

Rita carla francesca M.
Rita carla francesca M.
Author in Italië
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great cloud service

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

What I like most of Google Drive is the integration with Google Doc and Google Sheets, so that I can work on my files from any device and have them always synchronised.

The application for PC has become a bit slow, especially on older PCs. The synchronisation upon start-up takes a long time. It also gives me some problems with Windows 7 from time to time.

Robson G.
Robson G.
Architect and 3D modeler in Mexico
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers

Google's cloud software

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use it mostly to store documents and archives.

The default storage has a lot of capacity. The sharing feature is also great and helpful.

It is not as intuitive of use as other cloud services.

Shaunak P.
Shaunak P.
Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

My first cloud storage experience would never have been better than this!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am using both the personal and professional tiers of this product. My work email ID allows me to use the organization tier on the drive with unlimited storage capacity. whereas my personal email id gives me 15 GBs of free storage. I use to Drive for almost all activities at my work. It also helps me keep track of edits made by my colleagues. Personally, I love the fact that albums shared by others on our drive will not consume our storage. It helps avoid duplication and double spending on resources.

I really love this easy and straightforward cloud storage provided by Google Drive, I never realized it when I got addicted to it. You get 15Gbs of free storage with each Gmail Id, isn't it amazing? It comes with useful apps like Google sheets, slides, and docs for free. You can share photos, documents, and files with so many roles with privacy. It helped me store my important files as safely as having them in my heart. Thanks to the vision of Drive. And the best feature is the drag and move gestures that feel like we are using our local file system on the computer. Amazing product!

I have literally found no cons about this product. In each criterion, it will outperform. Even with the comparison with its rivals, all others provide only 5GB. But I will suggest one feature that is not yet seen. Folders must have password protection. No doubt that the user-level access management is best, but an added layer of security is always welcomed.

Ishrat J.
ICT Operations Manager in Bangladesh
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Drive is a lot easier to use and has a lot of basic features that I enjoy.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google Drive is quite flexible when it comes to file management and organization, which is why customers adore it.

Other cloud storage services make it more difficult to share data with other users than Google Drive. Once I obtain the link from someone, all I need is access to the drive to download the file. For me, Google Drive is a one-stop shop because it has all of the tools and features I require for most spreadsheets, documents, and presentations. Google Drive is a cloud-based document storage service that ensures I don't lose crucial documents even if my device is lost or stolen.

Interaction with other forms of communication is tough: Google Drive is challenging to integrate with other forms of communication. It's not as straightforward to export the calendar to Outlook, for example. This means that everything on Google Drive must be synced inside rather than externally. Because Google Drive is only compatible with Gmail, syncing with any other work account could be challenging. Controlling the version of files stored on Google Drive, unlike Dropbox, is practically impossible. The original version will be preserved till the conclusion.

Eddie L.
CEO in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best in class - seamless for multiple use cases from File sharing to document storage

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google has improved offline access over the years, now the document will be able to edit offline almost in the same manner as when you are online, it just saves when you reconnect. The platform has also become more robust and feature-rich over the years as well.

Google has done a great job creating better "connective tissue" between their productivity applications. Collaboration is among the most important areas as teams have expanded and online collaboration becomes more important in the era of the pandemic, Google does this the best.

Without robust offline access - it can be difficult to ensure documents are saved when on transportation or in areas with challenging wifi.

Ernesto L.
Owner Lead Designer in VK
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Google Drive - Store, Collaborate, Organise and Share

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google Drive is a keeper and we will continue using it and adding extra storage as needed until my company one day either goes out of business or I retire. I also enjoy the many add-ons available such as Mind Mup 2 which I frequently use to create robust mind maps which are easily stored, accessed and shared from within Google Drive.

Google Drive has become our main document management and cloud storage solution. The design and overall aesthetic is familiar and easy to use. The functionality of saving , organising, collaborating, storing and sharing files and document is a breeze and second nature to me and my team. The fact that all documents link to Google Drive while all images and videos link to Google Photos makes accessing and sharing even easier.

Coming from Windows - it may require some tinkering with the interface to familiarise yourself with the differences in creating folders or sharing documents, however the learning curve is small and you will get up and running in no time.

Javier M.
Entertainer / Podcaster in Costa Rica
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Google Drive is a great option for Small business

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I became a heavy Google Drive user about 5 years ago, when I started working for a marketing company that handled all their creative work in Drive, text documents, spreadsheets and slideshows.
The best about G-Drive and the thing that separates it from competition is the vast integration to its native apps, that make the whole environment more productive, all in one place. I still manage the majority of my work by sharing with coworkers and clients some content store in shared folders perfectly encrypted and protected.
The offline Addon is mandatory incase you need to work without internet connection, and it works marvelously on its native Google Chrome Browser.
As a Mac user I also have tried using Safari. So far so good. Not all features are available but it works great.
If you have a chromecast, you can cast your screen of a set of slideshows directly to any with the device connected.
Mobile and tablet apps are great, and in constant update / development. They synchronize really quick and don't consume so much resources.
I'm still not so fond of the new "virtual drive" app for desktop, I prefer the old "backup and sync" app and the sync system based on folders. Sometimes, the Mac desktop app have crashed during sync.
Overall, it's highly recommended for small business or freelancers that need to share their work in an easy and secure way. For all Google accounts you receive 15 GB for free, and upgrades from 100GB to 2Tb are not that expensive for a small business budget

The basic free 15GB of storage and the integration / development with so many apps to set up your office work, all in one place.

I'm still not that fan of the new "virtual drive" thing, I miss the old system of online backup of selected folders. The Mac OS drive has collapsed a few times, even having to restart the computer because of it

John L.
Business Owner in Canada
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Drive versus OneDrive.

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience has been good with Google Drive, but Microsoft's Office 365 with 1 TB of cloud storage was an offer I could not refuse. I will continue to use OneDrive in the future.

I like to Google Drive for several years. Like everyone, I was automatically backing things up to the cloud, important things like photos videos, and of course important documents. I am grateful for its use over the years but...

Now that they have limited the space for free, and they charge significantly more than some other platforms that I trust, I am no longer willing to invest in upgrading to more storage.

Sal P.
Academic Advisor in VS
E-learning, 10.000+ werknemers

Long-Time User Not Going Anywhere!

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Google Drive for many years now. I have found it to be very reliable, safe, and secure. I have tried some other web storage programs, but I have never liked them nearly as much. Either they were far more expensive, had clunky, unfriendly interfaces, had lackluster security, or required additional apps. Google Drive does everything I need it to.

The ability to access my files from anywhere with both reliability and security make Google Drive my go-to for cloud storage. I have stored files both professional and personal on Google Drive and have never had any kinds of issues with losing documents. With the backing of Google, Drive is always available and, in my many years of using Drive, I have never seen it have any down time. Generally, Drive is a drag-and-drop website. It's easy to quickly upload files and the desktop app works well, though I generally use Drive through the website. The upload times are usually very quick, though this might vary based on your internet connection.

While Drive is overall very good, I do find there are moments, especially in large folders with many documents, where the program can hang for a moment before it loads. While this is generally not a problem, an improvement would certainly be welcomed. There are also some occasional moments when uploading a file that the upload gets "stuck" and I have to reload the page and attempt to upload the file again. Like previous issue, this is not often that it occurs, so it is more of an occasional mild annoyance than a real bug, and I cannot entirely rule out something with my own device being the issue.

Riyasudeen M.
IT Engineer in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Google Drive Review

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Google drive is simply awesome when syncing between devices, sharing files with the use of a link, collaborating with a team, but as an user I expect an additional layer of security for few highly important file. But overall its a very good product to make your life simple in handling files with a decent price range.

The most impressive feature in this software is Google drive for desktop sync, it automatically syncs the new files which I create and edit time-to-time into the cloud, so I can easily use the file which I edited in home and again back in office without any extra effort.

When sharing files highly important file, I expect an extra layer of security by giving a shared key, so no one can open that file apart from the one who has the key.

Gilbert R.
Postdoctoral research fellow in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

An essential software for collaboration and cloud storage

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have saved hundreds of hours combining edits from collaborators on important documents. I simply share a folder with all my collaborators, and they enter their input for me. I only have to work with one version (its always the most up to date) that is placed in the collaboration folder.

Ease of use, file sharing capability, edit with collaborators in real time, cloud storage without taking up precious hard disk space, offline loading capability.

editing with 10 collaborators at the same time is very difficult. Its almost like you have to set a schedule for who edits when.

Jose humberto C.
Jose humberto C.
ing. sistemas in Mexico

Overwogen alternatieven:

google drive es una excelente alternativa de almacenamiento en la nube

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: La información de la empresa y del negocio es más rápida y fácil, ya que se dispone de todo el material para publicidad centralizado en un solo lugar

El espacio siendo honestos en el modo gratuito es más que excelente, ya el modo de pago es superior la, es muy fácil crear y administrar carpetas para cada proyecto encriptar y solo enviar los enlaces de los documentos que se van a compartir resulta muy útil si no deseas que nadie más vea su contenido, el tamaño en MB de los archivos que puedes alojar es excelente y no hay un límite de megas en los paquetes de pago, la mayor ventaja es vincular también tus equipos móviles y programar respaldos periódicos para tu información, todo en un solo lugar, consultar, subir y descargar tu información en todo momento, vincular tu equipo de escritorio y los documento en él una relación excelente calidad presio

Con conexiones de baja velocidad es muy complicado subir los archivos, los enlaces para compartir son largos,

Professor in Italië
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The free version is excellent value for money, but Google cannot keep changing standards

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is undoubly positive, even though I am considering the switch to a different provider (as I did for my photos some months ago) given Google's tendency to change the rules after the game has started.

It is easy to use, it covers most user needs, you can easily move to a paid plan if need be.

Since a few weeks Google abruptly changed the rules of the game (seems like we have to get used to that, since they did the same with Google Photos and Android TV). Now, you can keep a local copy of the drive but, if you want to sync across multiple machines, it must be a virtual disk that is managed by Google's local client (meaning that, if you don't run the client, you cannot see the local disk!), which sometimes gets out of control and starts eating up memory and CPU (so you wish you could stop it without losing access to the local drive). The whole change was poorly explained by Google and users had to figure up possible solutions by themselves.

Mark N.
Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Drive, the backbone of multimedia file management for my nonprofit

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I can share videos that I produce with clients anywhere, with a few clicks. I know how long uploads take, and can often send the folders with the videos to the clients while the files are still uploading, and then move on to my next project (Because Drive generates the folder link so quickly), this is very handy. My overall experience with Google Drive has been that it is of critical importance to my work. I've built my whole workflow around assuming Drive will always be a click away, and will always have a streamlined process for me to upload and share video files. It has allowed me to streamline my system of sharing, and has saved me many hours because it works how I need it to.

Google Drive is intuitive file management. My organization does video production for many local nonprofits, and I am uploading and sharing Google Drive links to video files nearly every single day. The way files and folders are organized is better than any other services out there. The files also load and process faster than other sites I've used. I'd say though the MOST important thing for me is dependability. Drive always works, and I need it to. It's the backbone that holds my organization together when clients need video links sent to them so we can communicate about feedback.

I have gotten used to the different ways to access my Google Drive folder "home" page on the web-based side, so I am used to how it is done, however, I wish it was a little easier to access the web based end of the system. I also struggle sometimes to see the size of space (in MB or GB) taken up by any given folder. When I need to clean up space, it would be better if I could immediately see what folder had how much file space being used. This is probably my main complaint. Often the "size" line next to the folder does not show a value.

Mohammad A.
senior corporate communications in Jordanië
Bankwezen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

The best data storage cloud in the world

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: A wonderful experience, as over the course of many years of use, which started since the years of university studies, I now own an integrated library that includes the feast of documents, files and images that I have collected during those years and which I can return to at any time, without worrying about losing them.

It's hard to explain the advantages of Google Drive, it's my favorite cloud storage in the world, which in my personal opinion and through its use over many years is the best and most efficient, it is easy to use and can be accessed from any operating system, on all computers, mobile phones and tablets. Once in the cloud, you will be able to retrieve your files, make modifications to them, and also share them or add new files. All these operations are done easily, quickly and efficiently. Google Drive provided everyone with spaces that suit their needs, and that capacity can be increased at nominal prices. These spaces have relieved every one of the concerns of carrying storage units with a small capacity, which are easily lost or damaged. With Google Drive there is no worry of losing files as you will get them right back as soon as you connect to your Google account.

There are no unwanted things, as the application is simple and easy to use for all levels, and also the support and protection programs provided by Google are of high quality, giving the user comfort and reassurance that his data is stored in a safe place and also he can access it from any device by simply connecting to his Google account.

Finance and Accounts Manager in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Versatile and Most Productive Cloud Storage Option

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Google Drive with a paid subscription for a very long time now and it has made my life and work only easier. Thanks to the entire ecosystem of google, all my related work and photos and videos and files are saved on it automatically and I don't have to worry about losing data or moments. Compared to all the other options, I found Drive to be the most inexpensive product for the value that it offers. I would and do definately recommend everyone to use Drive.

I love that Drive works with the G Suite for which I have a subscription as well. During the Pandemic and WFH situation, we worked entirely on G-Suite and Drive. It is the most cost-effective and value-for-money application that lets me save all my data on the cloud and manage it there. I can easily share the files and limit access to viewing or editing as per my liking. It is so easy to use and convenient and automatic that I do not need to purchase any other cloud storage option.

I do not have many features that I did not like but I can name a few dislikes. I did not like the offline working feature, I have lost a few hours' worths of work. There were cases where certain files shared with certain individuals were deleted and we had to rework them as we were unable to identify or recover them. I think google should introduce an approval system wherein major changes to the file must be approved by the file owner.

Mahmudul islam S.
Mahmudul islam S.
Civil engineer in Bangladesh
Civiele techniek, 501-1.000 werknemers

Cloud storage options for storing my data

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am using Google drive more than 6 years, as my alternate storage option, day by day they continuously updating their service. I can store all my files in cloud and able to use from any where with all of my devices, even I can easily share with teammates. Through sometimes I cannot able to share larger files to my teammates. Other than everything is okey for me .

Google drive have excellent interface , easy to use . By looking at it , everybody will understand what to do. Sharing the files with people is very easy here, I can invite targeted user or generate custom links for sharing my files . Most important option google drive gives me that I can store , my important videos , images,pdf , directly in google cloud storage and able to track or use from anywhere. Best things google provide me, integration with so many software, it really saves our time.

Larger files sharing is difficult with google drive, cannot able share more than 100mb presentation files. Without internet connection ,I cannot able to visit my drive. Through Google drive gives us chance to connect with other third party app, sometimes I think about security also