Google Docs reviews

4,7 (27.516) Schrijf een review!

Over Google Docs

Webgebaseerde app ontworpen om spreadsheets en documenten online op te slaan, te maken en te bewerken. Er zijn sjablonen, grafieken en opmerkingen beschikbaar.

Meer informatie over Google Docs

Pluspunten:

This is a ubiquitous tool to create and share secure and free documents. It provides most of the prominent features of MS Office365 without the subscription fee.

Minpunten:

When my internet is bad, it get stuck and I can’t type anymore. When you live in the mountains thats frustrated sometimes.

Beoordelingen van Google Docs

Gemiddelde score

Gebruiksgemak
4,7
Klantenservice
4,3
Functies
4,5
Waar voor je geld
4,8

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling

9,2/10

Google Docs heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 27.516 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Google Docs eerder gebruikt?

Deel je ervaringen met andere softwarekopers.

Reviews filteren (27.520)

Myrthe
Myrthe
Owner in Nederland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Geweldig voor aantekeningen

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

Werkt heel goed voor snelle aantekeningen, een overzicht maken of een boekverslag; een echte aanrader.

Minpunten:

Soms werkt de zijbalk-functie niet op het moment dat ik wel wil dat hij werkt voor meer overzicht.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Student in België
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Hoger onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google Docs voor studenten

3,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Over het algemeen is mijn ervaring met Google Docs positief. Toch voer ik de opmaak van mijn document liever uit in andere programma's zoals Microsoft Word. Ik gebruik Google Docs dus enkel om met meerdere personen in hetzelfde document te werken maar voor latere processen grijp ik terug naar andere programma's.

Pluspunten:

Het belangrijkste pluspunt, en ook de reden waarom ikzelf Google Docs gebruik, is om gemakkelijk samen met anderen in één document te werken. Google Docs is heel gebruiksvriendelijk, indien je iets niet kan vinden is er een 'help-tool' waarmee je vlot functies kan opzoeken en toepassen.

Minpunten:

Het nadeel met Google Docs is dat wanneer je het bestand omzet naar bijvoorbeeld een Word-bestand, de layout niet helemaal meer klopt. Er moet dus goed opgelet worden wanneer men bestanden wilt omzetten/opslaan of alles nog klopt.

Rajah
Rajah
Scientist in Sri Lanka
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Versatile Word processing platform for anywhere, anytime and on any device

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Word processing software is essential for everyone in the academic field. An interesting feature of Google Docs is that it is available in the online cloud and for offline use. It contains all the necessary tools to effectively create and edit word documents in the way we wanted. Moreover, it’s supporting collaborative editing

Pluspunten:

Special features that I prefer in google doc are,•It can be shared among multiple users, thus facilitating the editing of the same document by collaborators while tracking changes•Can be accessed for offline use in windows by installing google drive for windows application•It is multi-device supported, so documents can be edited using various devices including smartphones•The interface is similar to MS word, so there is no struggle in the usage since many users are familiar with MS word •Voice typing tool helps to transcribe voice to text, and reduce the need for typing•Documents can be created in almost all the written languages in the world

Minpunten:

To work google docs online require an internet connection, so a poor internet connection may cause difficulties in editing and saving the document. Even though it is free, it requires a google account to create google docs

Cushi
Cushi
Owner/Coach in Bermuda
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A great word processor for generating, customizing and sharing documents.

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the experience has been exceptional. There are no cons that feel absolutely constricting in a way that seriously affects my desire to continue using the software. There are so many useful plugins available as well that can help to alleviate some of the softwares limitations.

Pluspunten:

I love that Google Docs is completely Free and is still a robust word processor that competes with and often outperforms its expensive competitors. I also love that is entirely web-based. I can access my documents on a whim from any device, at anytime as long as there is an internet connection. Finally I love how it integrates with the rest of the Google workspace online applications. The apps communicate back and forth really well and allow for endless possibilities to support business and personal activities.

Minpunten:

What i like least about Google Docs is it's file management system. I would love to see my Google drive folders on Google Docs and be able to drag and drop files and explore folders from within the Docs app.

Craig
Small Business Owner in VS
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Free and Intuitive documentation tool

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Google Docs has been satisfactory because I am able to record tagging, reporting and campaign re-targeting instructions with no additional cost investment needed to buy a software. So, its ROI is high, as long as the user is familiar with using Google suite of office tools such as Google Drive and Gmail in conjunction with Google Docs. And, is comfortable with collaborating on same project with multiple members using commenting and file sharing features. Other tools like Microsoft Word are costly.

Pluspunten:

I use Google Docs to document my marketing campaign strategy. So, I can leverage it again, when needed in the future. Example: I came up with a re-targeting campaign strategy using custom audience built in Google Analytics and sent to Salesforce for campaign execution. I documented all the steps of this new strategy using Google Docs which helped me apply the same re-targeting process to other marketing campaigns. I also utilize Google Docs to keep a record of all my tagging and reporting strategies so I can easily apply them to new KPIs or measurement plans. In summary, Google Docs has helped me save campaign optimization instructions for future reference so I am more efficiently repeating process which worked before. Another pro about Google Docs: it automatically saves content as I type, in the cloud. So, there is no risk of losing text or images, if my laptop is frozen or shut down without my control.

Minpunten:

Google Docs doesn't save images from Gmail. For example, if I typed a long email which has a bunch of text and images. And, I want to save that email in Google Docs, it will save the text but not the images. So, I have to save the images in my local drive first and then upload them to Google Docs. Or, take a screenshot of images from the original source and then paste them in Google Docs. Also, Google Docs won't work that efficiently to save content if internet signal is down or if there is no Google account available.

Tureen Punit
Tureen Punit
Data Engineer and DBA in India
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer
Bron: GetApp

Why I love using Google Docs!

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am using Google Docs every day to create documents, edit them, and share them across my organization. I find it easy to use and navigate. It comes with all the adequate features needed to create both simple and sophisticated documents conveniently. I love the fact that the files are saved automatically which saves me from the fear of losing my progress due to any disruption. Also, all the files created here can be readily accessed from Google Drive makes it more convenient.

Pluspunten:

Google Docs is easy to use and lets a user create documents without any hassle. It has an intuitive interface and is easy to navigate as well. Google Docs provides strong collaboration and document-sharing features. Users can share a file with others using the generated link and can track changes in the documents as well. Another biggest pro of Google Docs is the fact that is free to use, which makes it a great solution for document management.

Minpunten:

I love using Google Docs as it lets me create, edit, share, and save documents with ease. I haven't found anything that would make me dislike Google Docs till now.

Vita
Tech Minister in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great for accessing documents "on the fly"

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

It's awesome to be able to access documents on our Google Share Drive to verify information from my phone.

Minpunten:

I feel like Word is more robust and user friendly (maybe it's just me being used to it). However, I can't really experiment with it too much because the compatibility is an issue and has completely thrown off document formatting before.

Hope
Assistant Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google Doc

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

I really enjoy using Google Doc. Multiple people can work on the same document. You can suggest changes or comment so you can discuss before changing the document. It is easy to share and restrict who can edit or see them.

Minpunten:

Indent spacing sometimes is really off and I can’t figure out how to fix it easily.

Catherine
General Manager in VK
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google Docs the system to use

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Awesome, Amazing, easy to use!

Pluspunten:

We like the sharing and collaboration features on tyecsystem

Minpunten:

There are no cons. We are Google converts

Margaret
Teacher in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google docs for the HS classroom

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

I have found using Google docs with my students very easy to use and it’s so easy to share my docs with them. I also love how much easier it is for my students to share a live doc and edit the same doc at the same time but be in different locations when working in pairs or small groups. This has proven helpful especially on collaborative projects when they can’t meet in person.

Minpunten:

I would love to see a voice to text option.

Sydney
Sydney
Systems Analyst in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Defensie en ruimtevaart, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google Docs Review

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: overall I've had a great experience with google docs. I've been using it for at least 8 years, maybe more.

Pluspunten:

Google docs is extremely user friendly, it is critical in my every day management and organization of life!

Minpunten:

I wish it was more compatible with pdfs or microsoft word

Jo
Virtual Assistant in VK
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

I wish I'd started using Google Docs sooner

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As a lifelong Word user I was apprehensive about using Googles version, I was concerned about hacking, privacy and compatibility etc. But these were unfounded; it's very safe, secure and so easy to use. I wish I'd started using it years ago.

Pluspunten:

So easy to use, great layout and as everyone seems to be using them it's so easy for sharing docs with friends and clients. I also feel my privacy is secure which I was worried about before.

Minpunten:

So far there haven't been any issues, my main concern was not being able to work on documents offline, but this is actually possible.

Ken
President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Doc's Change the way you think

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is an entire brain shift. To realize I no longer have to download a doc to my laptop, edit, save and upload makes my brain hurt. I just grab a tablet and work.. If you are young, in my opinion it is the way to go. I wish it was available 40 years ago, I would not be so set in my ways.

Pluspunten:

First off, to move from an install software to a cloud based software you HAVE to change the way you think. I am old, I sell GSuite, O365 and install LibreOffice. It has taken me a long time to embrace what I can do with Google Doc's I went from using it once a month to once a day. There is so much I can do from my phone Google Docs gives you the freedom to be fully mobile, Phone, Tablet, Desktop, Laptop. You ALWAYS have access to your docs if you can connect to the internet.

Minpunten:

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks. I no longer can open up my laptop where there is no internet and work. So, I use the hot spot on my phone, except when I am on the phone the hot spot cuts off. So a bought a hot spot for the car so I can talk and type.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Founder, Digital Showcase Strategist in Japan
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Docs is great for collaborating in business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can keep all my documents in one place. I also keep all client documents in their own folders and share their specific information with them to keep it secure and organized.
We also use templates and make copies of them instead of having to recreate the document every time.

Pluspunten:

It is easy to store and work on documents for personal and business use. With Google Workspace, you get more storage and better security. I like how it integrates in Gmail so easily and is easy to share with someone just by adding their email address. Working together is seemless as it shows who is working on the doc with you and where they are typing in the doc. It works even better when using along side Zoom or Google Meet.

Minpunten:

Some of the security features are a bit confusing, but likely more than most people need. If you forget to set offline mode for a document, you might have to wait to use it if you have network issues.

Kevin
Owner in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best thing since Slice Bread, but it's digital

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I found that my overall experience is excellent. It makes it easy to collaborate which is the key to our company. Couldn't be easier.

Pluspunten:

From storage to file sharing google docs is the standard when it comes to sharing. This is one of my most used applications and it makes sharing photos and videos with clients easy and quick to use.

Minpunten:

We pay for this software to have high storage amounts, but people that use high-level video or photo editing with large file sizes might want to upgrade since the standard is 15gigs to use.

German Liber
German Liber
Event Planner in Argentinië
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The best cloud-based, auto-saving office suite, in the world!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Google Docs it's free, easy to try and use, and that's what matters the most. I didn't need to use something really powerful to classify all of that movies so my overall experience with it is great. I think that it have really elegant templates and useful tools. The whole thing works fast and good.

Pluspunten:

For my film series project in the city I live in, I had to keep a record of the movies we screened and the ones we would present at the complex. It was a massive list, and I even had to separate them in colors (the one I subtitled and the ones I didn't have the translation yet), weeks, days, months (because every month was a different movie theme) and even the times we would repeat them. Google Docs was able to do all of that, for free, with an Autosave option that literally saves every thing you write or correct, in a matter of seconds,  you can make a lot of tabs, text docs, slides presentations, and it even gives you the option to open a whole white board and draw on it. Collaboration with partners it's really easy with the Docs free suite, you can edit anything and the other user will see the changes almost instantly. And the best thing about it, it's that you only need a Google account, (everybody has one!).

Minpunten:

Page numbering, organizing and formatting can be faster on other office suites, Docs presents a few number of issues on it. Also, there is no password protection for documents, I would really like to use that.

Leng
Director of operations in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good option for team work

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been good, one just need to know the limitations of this software. I would say that it is the best when you have to collaborate with a group of people to edit or update a single document. I personally use it a lot for our weekly scorecard review in which each department has to update their metrics.

Pluspunten:

The product is easy to use no doubt. What I like the most is that it can be updated in real time by different members of the team.

Minpunten:

this platform natural competitor is Microsoft Word. I've been using Microsoft Word for so long that I'm very use to all its macros and cool features and Google Docs is still far from what word can do

David
Director of Operations in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great free option for documents

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have used it to publish documents to our non-office educators since 2013. This staff ranges from 8 to 35 people depending on time of year.

Pluspunten:

Pretty intuitive to any experienced word processing user. Reasonable range of basic features such as fonts, text boxes, shapes, tables, and formatting. Most features that aren't there aren't missed very often. Collaboration tools and ability to jointly edit in real time is best I've seen over the 40 years I've been using document editors. Easy to share with other Google users within predefined Groups. Good security and availability of Google servers makes it the most reliable and secure method of making IP information available. Ability to cross-link documents with other web resources as a matter of course is extremely helpful.

Minpunten:

Importing from other software (Word, Open Docs) results in massive formatting issues. This is probably it's worst problem. Tables can be awkward to work with, especially copying/pasting from multiple cells into another table.

Kael
IT Manager in VS
Duurzaamheid en milieu, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Google Docs Replaces Office 365 (if you can handle the initial transition)

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Google Docs replaces all lightweight usage of Word, Excel etc. However, if your company heavily relies on Excel it'll be difficult to convince the power users to switch. Sheets has calculation limitations with very large data sets. It's an easy replacement for 99% of use cases for Word with all the advantages of easy sharing within a G Suite environment.

Pluspunten:

Our company completely switched off of using Office 365. There was a transition cost and many people complained about minor features missing from Word which we had to find workarounds. However, we were able to find workarounds and since it's included with our G Suite license it's saved us thousands per year. Everything is backed up and easy to share and we don't have to worry about dealing with future updates with Microsoft that cause us to buy new licenses or a costly yearly payment.

Minpunten:

It's getting very close to feature parity with Office however it's still not 1-1. Google Sheets *just* released the ability to check for duplicates, prior you had to use a freemium browser extension. Training users who were very familiar and comfortable with Word was time consuming even though they are similar.

Geverifieerde reviewer
CEO & Founder in Nepal
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Google Docs for content writing

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We were having trouble collaborating with the content writers and sharing feedbacks Difficulty organizing documents especially because I use multiple computers. Imagine if your device stops working you may lose all of the documents, etc. But with their cloud-based solution all I need to do is log in from any device with my Gmail id and I can access it.

Pluspunten:

We have been using Google Docs for ages and we have seen significant improvement. The pros of it are: 1) Collaboration and accessibility: The ease of access with any other user is super. Unlike Dropbox wherein we saved the Ms Word file if two users access the same file at the same time it creates a duplicate. You can share the G Docs with unlimited people. 2) Feedback: So if you want any of your content writers to make changes you can simply highlight the sentence and click on comment and leave your feedback. 3) No learning curve: If you have been using MS Word or similar application then you will have little to no learning curve. 4) Free: If you have a Gmail id you can get Google Docs for free. The value you are getting for free is immense. 5) Spelling and grammar: There has been a lot of improvement over the years in this field. I also use Grammarly as an additional too but its handy to have the suggestion from the Docs. 6) Saved history: You can view past edits and revert to them if needed

Minpunten:

1) Basic themes layouts, and templates: Google needs to work on creating more templates. Right now there isn't enough of it. 2) Internet access: You will need to have internet access to access the files unless you have installed their Google Docs Offline

Geverifieerde reviewer
Mgr of Client Education and Inside Implementation in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

What I like about Google Docs is that it is automatically backed up to the cloud.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All my team can collaborate in real time, each from their own computer. When we travel we have access to all our documents.

Pluspunten:

I like most that my documents are automatically backed up to the cloud. If you've ever lost your work because of a hard drive failure you'll realize how nice this feature is for ensuring that you never lose your work. And, since it is backed up to the cloud that means instant access from anywhere. Even when I'm traveling I can access my documents from a client's computer - just log in and open it up! Wait!!!! What if you are flying on a plane without internet? No problem, just download the document to your computer and work on it even when you're not connected to the internet. Then, when you connect to the internet again, it automatically uploads and backs up your document. (I like things that are automatic. I have enough to do that I don't want to have to drag and drop, blah, blah, blah.) If you want to share your document you can, just specify who gets to see it and what they can do with it. You just want them to read it but not change it? That's possible. You want them to read it AND make changes to it? That's possible. Now, when people make changes Google automatically tracks who and when the changes were made. Don't like the changes? You can restore previous versions. Wait, there's more!!!!!! You and your team can ALL watch the document and the revisions happening in real time without the need for a fancy and expensive web conferencing program.

Minpunten:

In order to make changes to a document when collaborating other editors must have a Google account; otherwise it is just view only mode.

Daniel
Daniel
Técnico de mantenimiento in Venezuela
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

a relieve to students and proffesionals.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I said almost everything in my review for the app, it's been a great help to me in the course of my careers, can't count the times were i just use this app to make the guidelines for a presentation, a resume from a class or a teacher guide, even somehomework while resting time at the university, so when i get back to home i could just sit and relax because i did what i had pending hours ago. I suffer from anxiety episodes, having this kind of relieve has helped me a lot to overcome this disease, as i said before because it let's me use my free time outside home to do or at least start to work in my tasks.

Pluspunten:

I've been using the app since the start of my career (medicine), i could say that a part of my good grades are that good because of this app. Why? - simply, because it will help you almost at any time, you can access it from any device you have in hand, share files between them and it even has an awsome Google drive compatibility so you can read your docs from the cloud, thanks to that functionality my teachers, and classmates are able to share guides of our own with anyone at any time Not only that, you can even use it to review other documents as the powerpoint ones wich is very usefull at the moment of studying. as a normal user, i use it all the time to writte, take memos, transcribe some text from books while i'm not in home... sitting on a bench from my university for example, instead of wasting my free time.

Minpunten:

It's actually hard to say a con from this awesome app, the onlye con that i may say is not even related to the app itself but to the phone where i use it, wich crash at times when the load is big enough. Maybe it can be helped with a future update but as it is now it's almost perfect.

CARLOS
CARLOS
Presidente in Venezuela
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The best ally of students and teachers. Easy to use, access anywhere, allows teamwork.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I did not have to use any flash drives again. I access my documents in any place, and I find them exactly as I left them the last time I modified them. Everything is automatically saved in the cloud. It is truly incredible.

Pluspunten:

Google docs is a word processor hosted in the google cloud. It allows to write documents in a collaborative way between one or more people. What I like most about this software is that it has an extremely intuitive interface, easy to use, similar to Microsoft Office Word. Therefore, you should not be an expert in technology to be able to use it. In my personal experience, as a university professor, I discovered that Google Docs perfectly adapts to the academic activities that I usually do. it makes the correction process much easier, since google docs records the work that each of the students has done. In this way I can corroborate that everyone has worked with the same level of dedication. On the other hand, the privacy settings of google docs, allows to share documents in a public way, allowing the editing, comments or only the visualization of documents by third parties. Likewise, it has no compatibility problems since it is hosted on the google platform that is automatically updated. the most incredible thing about this software is the fact of saying goodbye to flash drives. Google Docs automatically saves all the work we are doing in real time. Therefore we should not worry about the data, since it is automatically recorded and is available from any computer (mobile, tablet, computer) that has Internet access.

Minpunten:

I really do not find anything that I dislike about Google Docs. I consider that the google team has been able to perfect this useful tool over time. For me, it is very complete.

Huong
Digital Developer in Vietnam
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Still the best docs collaboration tool for professionals AND students (and even Family)

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ever since learning about Google Docs, it totally changed me to a fan of cloud based product. As a developer, 80% of my tools are from Google (Data Studio, Google Web Designers...) and Docs of course is a Can't Miss product for me as I use it daily even when ideas from scratch needed to be written down for the next day. I enjoyed the collaboration aspect of it and that it's only a link you need to send, not xxMB files you need to send over and over via email for edit and reviews.

Pluspunten:

Just as any other Google products, I've loved using Google Docs starting when I was a broke student who used Mac (way back then Word for Mac was bad and not worth the money). Google Docs was a life saver as it was free and got the same job done. I was impressed (it was at least 10+ years ago when collaboration tools weren't that popular) how it allow my college group to finish our work together from anywhere and didn't even need to meet. and again, it's FREE. Even now as a professional, we still uses Google Docs and other sorts of Cloud products for sharing ideas and collaborating on works. You would get a loud laugh at my company if you share a Word file that people need to download to read... We even use Google Docs at home for Chore work or any lists we needed to share between family members. Thanks Google Docs for introducing me to the Cloud life :)

Minpunten:

The only thing I don't like about Google Docs is that its function is too simple (unlike word where it would have more styles, charts, etc...) but if I have to trade that to having a slower and more sluggish online tool (Outlook Word online has more function but tbh its kinda sluggish unlike Google Docs), I would say nah I'm fine.

Jonathan
Executive Director in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Great for Cross-Platform Word Processing

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Google Docs to create all our written documents, editing, commenting, sharing, and exporting to pdf. Being cloud-based, it's easy to send documents around the world and work on them wherever you have an internet connection. The only time I won't use it is for complex documents like pamphlets, documents that need novel design, or anything that requires an app like Pages or In-Design. My team loves the simultaneous editing feature, which allows our team to work on a document together remotely.

Pluspunten:

I generally dislike using the web apps, but in the case of Google Docs I acquiesce because it gives me cross-platform functionality. I work with employees and business owners, each of which have their preferred word processor. That means I have to do the work of managing Pages documents, txt files, and Word docs–which takes valuable time. By using Google Docs, I have documents in one editor, with little fuss. Plus, I can keep it all organized in Drive or export to my software word processor if I want more functionality. By far, I love Google Docs for the cross-platform ease.

Minpunten:

Google Docs is a browser-based app, so it doesn't have the power or capability of a software Word Processor (like Pages or Word). As long as I need simple formatting, I can use gDocs, but when I need a brochure, report, or the like, I have to turn to my installed software. Also, being in the web/cloud, there's a certain level of trust you have to give to Google to keep your data secure. If you're not one to trust the cloud, using a cloud-based word processor may not be for you.