Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Pluspunten: It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features.
It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces.
You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it.
It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed.
If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Minpunten: Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

Notion is a very powerful do-it-all tool for collaboration of docs, notes and knowledge

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019
Director & Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Notion has been great in our business to build up a single source of truth thats easy to edit and collaborate with. We tried this in Confluence, but clunky interface and issues with saving got in the way. Notion is quick and easy to use without the clutter of unnecessary features.

Pluspunten: I love how quick it is to add content into Notion. The interface is minimal but functional, and the end result of content you create is very manageable and readable.
The ability to create a database with custom Kanban and Calendar views is pretty amazing and useful when trying to get an overview of a project status in various areas.

Minpunten: Notion databases (tables) lack any sort of ID to maintain the order you initially create a table in. If you've made a massive table in a specific order and then you choose to make a custom view of that table or link it somewhere else in Notion, all your hard work organising the table will be gone and it will display in a random order. This can be quite annoying, and has been reported to support with no solution in place yet.

An absolute joy to use

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Rob M.
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion is one of a small handful of products that brings "delight". You can tell that all of the product features have been _extremely_ well thought out, right down to the keyboard shortcuts which mimic those of VS code and other software dev tools. I use it to take notes on online courses and as a combination of a Trello board / Calendar

Minpunten: Offline support could be better. In particular, having a few templates stored offline would be great. The reload every time you open Notion is also a bit annoying, it would be great if it optimistically merged from your offline version or updated behind the scenes once in a while.

My favorite personal knowledge base hub

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2019
Jonathan P.
Director of Marketing & Strategy
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My team was spread across too many apps with a lot of redundancy in what we did. To keep productivity high, I migrated our team to Notion since I've had a great experience using it personally. I've been a happy user ever since.

Pluspunten: - Extensive features and intuitive UI allows you to create feature-rich documents
- Affordable personal plan compared to competitors and how much software you can replace with ONE app
- You can use features from G Suite, Asana, and Tettra... in a single app
- Nested pages makes it easy to navigate to where you need to
- Easily publish pages to the public

Minpunten: - No true offline support makes it difficult to work without internet
- Documents with a lot of blocks get a little sluggish

Multii-functional software we're using across teams

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2019
Deepa P.
Product Marketer
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: - We're using Notion for so many things -- everything from technical product documentation, to managing user research pipelines, hiring pipelines, to project management.
- Love how easy it is to mix different blocks -- the tables have been game changing for us
- Love the small, delightful features like dark mode, ability to use different colors, icons/photography

Minpunten: - I think the tables would ideally be more robust -- for example, we're still hosting dashboards in Airtable because they have a really great CSV upload feature, whereas notion doesn't
- Need better track changes capability. I still have to use Google Docs for copywriting because it's too difficult in Notion to track changes & comments

Incredible Software but a bit overpriced

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Brad H.
Co-Founder/Chief Janitor
Restaurants
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Notion makes note taking, meeting minutes, process flows and many other record keeping and tracking functions very simple. What I love most about Notion is that whenever I come across something I think I should be able to do Notion can almost always do it. Whether its embedding google docs or tables, linking between pages, creating a trello-like board/process flow Notion is extremely versatile.
Notion also has a lot of shortcuts that make it extremely easy to use and typing back slash into a page allows you to do a lot of things without even having to move a mouse, which allows the note-taking to be more fluid and allows you to focus on your task rather than formatting etc.

Pluspunten: I love how easy notion is to use and genuinely enjoy the overall experience of using it. Notion makes organizing notes extremely easy, and has a large selection of templates for displaying/organizing notes in a way that best communicates the ideas being recorded. It's extremely easy for new users to pick up which makes it even more valuable to use.

Minpunten: Pricing and very limited freemium model. While it's an excellent software, many other software that could fall in a similar genre usually offers much more in the free version while still adding compelling paid features.

Notion is so powerful!

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019
Thibault L.
Customer Success Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion has become the most important place to store business information from company handbook, to projects, to personal notes, to business information, to spreadsheets and Kanban boards. It is THAT flexible!

Minpunten: Since we use it for everything at work, it can sometimes be difficult to find the right information. Another improvement would be better/faster sync and offline support on the iOS mobile apps.

Love love love this product

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
Associate
Programmaontwikkeling, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: All time favorite! Love the fresh UI, intuitive design (things are where you expect them to be), and helps you stay organized and in fact, has contributed to my productivity—helping me establish a plan rather than procrastinate by trying to create a plan. Lots of customer-indicated functionalities (esp calendar view, list views of notes that allows you to filter and sort, etc.)

Minpunten: Nothing big. I absolutely love it. It can be very slow sometimes, and other times it randomly logs me out, but still worth it given how great the use cases are.

A Game-Changer

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2018
Jake N.
Freelance Writer
Online media, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion has been labelled as "the app to watch in 2018," and I can understand why. It's essentially note-taking on steroids and, in fact, I'm using it right now. I keep all of my notes in Notion (and have moved on from Google Keep, and other note taking software) because of the advanced features that exist with this software. I haven't even tried all of the features or tools yet (there's almost too many)! The app itself is very innovative and remains clean and customizable all around. It's also lightning-fast, which is surprising considering the functionality. I now record some of the data that I would otherwise keep in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets here in Notion now.

Minpunten: It can be a little confusing at first. Thankfully, I had the patience to stick with it and learn the benefits of Notion. It's truly one of those apps that the more you stick with it and use it, you'll learn more and eventually unlock more potential.

A flexible note taking app

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2019
Karlo G.
Risk Operations Analyst
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has solved me and my company a lot of time in dealing with a lot of paperwork. This software can fully eliminate the use of paper in an office work setting.

Pluspunten: It can be on a vast array of functions like note taking app, task management or even official documentations. The software provides a lot of fully customizable features that one can never find on other notes software.

Minpunten: The features can be overwhelming especially when you're trying to familiarize yourself on the interface. It can also make things a little difficult when editing notes or making documentations, I cannot say it is intuitive because of it's many uses.

A great all around tool for notes

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
Product Owner
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Although notion allows you to create multiple type of pages (CRM, Sheets, notes, etc..) I'm only using the notes feature. It's been great so far, but I'm only using the free plan at the moment and I don't plan on upgrading.

Pluspunten: I like that Notion allows me to easily create a hierarchy between my pages. The simplicity to take notes is astonishing and being able to put all kind of document types in it is a great advantage. Im a big fan of the drag and drop.

Minpunten: Sometimes it may be a little annoying when trying to delete only a line of text and the whole block is deleted. This happens when you have indented the following lines.

My Second Brain

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019
Shirley C.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion is super flexible and powerful. It's my new go to note-taking app. I love the database feature and the fact that I can generate multiple views including kanban boards. The ability to create templates makes project management a breeze. Notion is a real deal note-taking/project management/personal productivity app. Great Evernote or Trello replacement.

Minpunten: The mobile apps are a little slow to load, but the vast functionality of the app outweighs any small drawback.

I switched everything to notion

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Cristian M.
Product Designer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion has quickly become the central hub of all my information, both for work, side projects and personal info. All of this because of its ease of use and versatility -- it's a product that makes it easy and enjoyable to create complex documents, keep track of them as they change and evolve and stay on top of projects.

Minpunten: There are a few shortcomings from bigger ones such as poor offline support on mobile devices and non existent conflict resolution, to smaller ones such as the keyboard on iOS being white even when you select dark mode. But all of these are small inconveniences that I hope they will address in the future, and for the price, I can't really complain.

The All In One Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
Henry R.
UI/UX Designer
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a young freelance UI/UX Designer, I often got lost in the number of tasks, information, reminders, and checklists I needed to check frequently to make sure I was achieving my goals. I've tried MANY Project management and organization tools but no other has an easier and effective system to organize and manage my entire life in a single screen.

Pluspunten: I love the flexibility of the tool, it integrates lots of project management related "widgets" that allows you to have the perfect management system for almost any kind of project, task, activity you need to track. Not only that; it actually organizes all these different pages in a way that you'll always be a click away for what you're looking for.

Minpunten: I hate the fact that It doesn't accept Paypal as a method of payment for the monthly subscription (They basically give away about 6 free months of the lowest premium plan so is not that big of a con)

Jack of All(and the Master too)

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2019
Navin B.
Asst. Marketing Manager
Human Resources, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Truly brilliant! I have never taken to any tool so quickly as Notion.

Pluspunten: The customization of using this tool is virtually endless. The best part is the support is prompt, updates are frequent and there is a growing community for support.
Bonus: It seamlessly integrates with googles docs and sheets.

Minpunten: Can get daunting if you don't have a definitive idea on how you want to use the tool. However, there are a lot of ready templates on Notion and user-created templates that you can quickly adapt.

Share your KPIs with your team and your board

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2017
Andrew M.
VP Engineering
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a way to stop the spreadsheet flinging madness amongst department heads. Notion came about just at the right time. We use their API and user interface to enter the data we want to track, produce reports to share and look for trends. The Notion have been super responsive with our feature requests or problems. Highly recommended.

Pluspunten: Overall it is a great way for all our departments to share information including SaaS metrics, marketing lead gen, sales numbers, product development quality and backlog concerns. Very easy to use. Great support.

Minpunten: Still waiting on a couple of features like lists (tables) but time based tooling works great.

Great all in one software for both business and life

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018
COO & Dealflow Manager
Investeringsbankieren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I heard about Notion from a colleague who knows all software so I thought it was worth a try. After a few minutes, I understand that Notion was a bit different than other programs - it really tries to tackle everything from technical notes, to do lists, cooking recipes and more. But somehow, it seems to work (so far). I've been using it to organize my personal life (taking some things I used to do in evernote) and testing it out for business as well.

Pluspunten: Ability to do everything in 1 software - really everything. It's super easy to use. I was concerned it would take a while to understand all it's functions, but it's super intuitive and flows exactly how you would like it to. It's easy to add new pages, sections, to do lists, find items, and more. I also appreciate that it has some built in templates.

Minpunten: For some things - like CRM, team task management, project management, shared docs - I still like the programs I use (asana, google docs, and affinity) because my whole team is already synced up on those, and the fact that they are purpose built for those tasks I think still does have some merit. They have more features as well - even though they may be a bit less intuitive and not all in one place, I'm not convinced yet to move everything over.

Organize your thought without worrying about where the information should live

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Greg P.
Developer
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Notion is my default tool for storing information. There is plenty flexibility to replace multiple tools and enough constraint to help me stay focused on creating instead of managing a tool.

Pluspunten: Notion has given me a default tool for capturing everything. Thoughts, notes, data, link, ideas, tasks, bookmarks, goals, whatever - open Notion and drop them in. The UI gets out of the way and I can dump content into Notion instead of wondering which tool I should use.

Minpunten: It can be a challenge getting started and deciding how to organize and use the features of Notion. There aren't many strongly held opinions so it took some time to look at how others use the tool. Also, the block concept is one of my favorite features unless I'm composing multiple paragraph content sections. Selecting text across multiple blocks isn't straightforward.

Notion Is Really Puts Your Team In Formation

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019
Software Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We used to use Pivotal Tracker on my team which is so flexible and robust. A good software itself. On the other hand, Notion allows for more insight [Pivotal Tracker has this too and was one of the USP's ] across the team and tools you use, providing a single point of reference for all your team data.

Minpunten: The result of this data-centric approach to representing data and the flow of the app itself is the most interesting idea of the app. The tracker's analytics might give you a good idea of how long it really takes to fix a bug but It is not capturing how long that bug went through Zendesk, let's say, before being captured in the tracker. Those are data points that need to be captured too. But it doesn't. And so whatever data we have is a half baked data.

Perfectly balanced team wiki

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's very flexible, yet provides structure to a team wiki. It's straightforward to get started and to link pages and workspaces to each other.

Minpunten: Some of the integrations (such as Google Sheets) can look a bit off/wonky on a page.

Nothing Better Out There!

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2019
Taylor A.
Glas, keramiek en beton, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Notion is highly customizable, rich in features, and great for individual and business use. I was having struggles with Evernote and began looking for a better note taking software. Notion imported my data from Wvernote easily and it was all considered free storage. After two weeks I loved the experience and signed up for a year membership, which was about half off after all the credits you can easily get. Definitely worth checking out purely for the databases.

Minpunten: Notion could certainly use some additional features, as it lacks in a few areas, especially when it comes to formulas. However, I am confident they'll get there as they are a growing company and release updates.

Project Management Made Intuitive

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2019
Ajani A.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Simple to get, simple to invite the people you want in one space, and simple to get going. It does the job more than sufficiently.

Pluspunten: Notion allows me and my colleagues to organized a vast breadth of information in an incredibly simple manner. Everything just *clicks*. The right people for what you need can be assigned easily, and you get your own private pages for drafts and whatever fits your needs. The ability to layer sections of workspace into sections of their own is also incredible.

Minpunten: Navigation is a little confusing, and creating a new section in a workspace can easily be daunting if you aren't exactly sure what you need, as categories sometimes aren't too clear on if it's the right one for you.

Notion is a very powerful project management tool.

Beoordeeld op 26-4-2019
Curt Q.
Technology Genius
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: CRM, Task lists, accounting, project management, equipment lists, and more.

Pluspunten: My goodness, the endless amount of customization available. It can basically do anything you want. We have moved over a ton of project management documentation from our server to Notion so that everything is in one place, no matter where we are. Love the visual style, and amount of tweaking you can do so that Notion can work for you. It's a very free-form project management solution.

Minpunten: The weird half-page offset is a little odd, but it can be disabled. Wish it had some more templates for common productivity tools, nothing that can't be added in the future though.

good software for most use

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018
Antoine L.
Traffic Manager
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Most of the features are clear and easy to use

Minpunten: The pricing is quite confusing and can be expensive for big teams.

A more complete trello

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Marina F.
Business Development Executive
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is my main app for personal organization

Pluspunten: There are many forms to ser up a board, which is very convenient for all kinds of business teams and personal use

Minpunten: It's not such an intuitive platform, the mobile app says it works offline but I always need connection