Over Shortcut

Clubhouse is een snel projectmanagementplatform dat is gebouwd voor de softwareteams van nu. Probeer het 14 dagen gratis – geen creditcard vereist.

Meer informatie over Shortcut

Ve used more complex software for ticket management and simpler tools, and Shortcut is the right balance of features, cost and ease of use.

Some technical bugs that come about (and no way to avoid upgrading versions) because it's a web app. Mobile app could also use some work.

Beoordelingen van Shortcut

Waar voor je geld

Shortcut heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 351 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Shortcut eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (351)

Bryan
Bryan
Product Director in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

The perfect tool for software projects using Kanban

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clubhouse helps us manage agile software projects better than ever before. With other tools it feels like we are forcing it to try to accommodate our workflow, but with Clubhouse it feels like it was designed exactly for our use.

Clubhouse brought us a new set of features and ways to organize stories and tasks that we didn't know we wanted/needed. We have always stuck with tools that were able to help improve our kanban based workflow rather than the simple project board tools like Trello that cater to everyone more than software/product development specifically. There are few tools out there that provide what we are looking for: the ability to organize and label stories with more granularity than a single label (estimates, types, project, priorities, epic, etc), and the ability to have reports like velocity and burndown charts.

It is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could adjust the color scheme of both things like labels beyond the default options, as well as adjust the overall interface colors.

Lee-ann
Director of Business Systems in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Shortcut (previously Clubhouse) has been a great improvement for us.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall our experience has been great. Less has been falling through the cracks, and we're able to actively manage & prioritize our development with ease. The application is enjoyed by both the development team & the management team, so everyone is benefitting from our switch to Shortcut.

1. The app is very easy to configure & set up. 2. The user experience is seamless & functionality is very self-explanatory. 3. There are multiple ways to configure each component, so you can set up the app according to what works best for you & your company. (No "one size fits all" model.) 4. The ability to set up different workflows for different departments has been a huge help for us.

1. It's a little hard to envision how each of the components should be set up for your organization when you're first getting in there (i.e., projects, workflows, milestones, epics, stories), so we ended up changing the setup as we went along after the initial configuration. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as it allowed us to improve the way we currently did things. 2. The biggest issue we have now, after using the app for a while, is that stories do not populate into the Gantt charts, only epics. This means if we have one-off tasks that are added as stories, those do not pull into the report we'd like. For that reason, we have to set up an entire epic just to set up a single story, for reporting purposes. I think it would be great if you had the option to pull the Gantt reports at the epic or story-level.

Backend Developer in Zweden

Powerful project planning

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Shortcut is easy to use but very powerful, and has a clean, intuitive interface. It offers a wide range of features, including project planning, task management, and collaboration tools. The software integrates well with other tools, such as Slack.

The per-user price is a bit steep if you need access to all of Shortcut's features.

Kirsty
Teacher Support Specialist in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Short may be an overstatement for shortcut

3,0 vorig jaar

This is an adequate task management/tracking software. It has a fantastic Zendesk integration and multiple customizable fields. It also boasts decent search and filtering functions but it isn't particularly user-friendly and filling out all the fields that make it function well takes a great deal of time (hence the title of this review).

There are no AI/smart suggestions for related epic/team fields so every time you make a new ticket you have to search through them by scratch. They also don't offer a great tag database or tag definitions so you have to create naming conventions separately offline. You also can't use rich text in story descriptions.

Cindy
Product Manager in Australië
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Simple to use and provides enough features to run and manage sprints for a small team

4,0 2 maanden geleden

- Simple to learn and navigate so the team could quickly start using the product after switching- Love the dark mode and the colour coding of different story types i.e bug, feature or chore so it's easy to see things at the high level- Easy to create sprints and I like the summaries provided on the story points

- You can only write stories in markdown text. Not a big issue since I've become really good at it! But it'd be good if there was a text editor instead- Sometimes when I create a story and I accidentally click out of it, I lose the progress. It'd be good if they had a draft functionality where the stories get created as a draft straight away

Marco
Project Manager in Brazilië
Overheidsadministratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

My review

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: =)

The software is incredible, it's easy to use, and the features just feats your team needs.

For Brazil it is a really expensive product, I wouldn't be able to pay the complete version, although I know that the free plan locks features that would be really helpful. Some international companies vary the price based on the exchange rate. That would allow to sell your product here easily. For example, for a team of 7 the price would be $84,00, that makes almost R$500,00 here that is almost the same as all the shopping (food, grocery..) for a family of two for a month. See?Other than that, it would be awesome to be able to change the team shortcut url. When I've created my team account I didn't know that the company name would be used for the URL, now it is very long and very ugly to share.

GTM in VS
Research, 2-10 werknemers

shortcut lover!!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: totally changed my day to day for the best

best project management software ive ever used, works for technical engineers and nontechnical marketing chaps like myself.

wish there was a REALLY simple version for mobile that showed me a minimalistic view of my cards or something really creative to change my life there, if anyone could create the perfect on the go project management view, it would be you guys!

Ezra
Ezra
Customer Support Engineer at Appointlet in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

A visually pleasant alternative to Pivotal Tracker

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Clubhouse has been great. It's got a nice UI and is intuitive.

The biggest win for me personally in the switch to Clubhouse was simply having a nice user interface to look at when dealing with tickets.

The only issue I've had so far has been that I'm not always aware when a ticket has been reviewed. As a customer success manager, I file ticket reports and sometimes they get closed without my being alerted. We've attempted to solve this with a slack integration but I'm not sure that it's working as expected. Also, it would be nice if they didn't use markdown when you uploaded an image to a ticket comment.

Kévin
Kévin
iOS Engineer in Oostenrijk

Does its job!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Great tool for managing the team's tasks and it's especially good for teams working with Scrum. It offers a lot of customizability, thus, you can change it to tailor your needs.

The learning curve for someone who never worked with it can be steep at the beginning. But after learning the basics it gets easy.

Ismaël
Ismaël
Free-lance in Guinee
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Project management

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: A very working tool in project management

The ability to link the history of old documents to documents in use

Until today no problems with the software

Ashok
Chief Product Officer in Duitsland
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect Balance Between Simplicity and Power

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clubhouse has given us a great workflow which minimises the reliance on human input while maximising the oversight we have on the work we have in progress. For our team it strikes the perfect balance between the simplicity of Trello with the best bits of more powerful tools like Jira - minus all of the bloat. I would highly recommend it for the sake that because it's developer focused, our developers actually don't mind using it. At the end of the day, your tool is only going to be as good as the effort your team is willing to put into using it so this is definitely something that isn't to be overlooked.

Unlike other agile management platforms, Clubhouse is setup that you can get a lot of value from the simple Kanban board with the option to go deeper and track more in depth insights into the progress of your work. We moved to Clubhouse from a setup of Trello with a ton of extensions to help manage the extra tracking we wanted to be doing, and I think the best analogy I can make is that Clubhouse is like Trello on steroids. But in saying that, it's far simpler and more effective than other bloated tracking software like Jira or Pivotal Tracker - which in my opinion try to please the managers who want a lot of fancy yet ultimately meaningless metrics at the expense of user experience for the development team who ultimately has to spend time keeping it up to date. The GitHub integration which automatically moves cards as they progress through pull requests is a great example of how Clubhouse has considered that the development team is ultimately the user of the platform, and should be designed around getting them to use it effectively rather than bloating it for the sake of what management think looks good.

There isn't anything major that I would complain about, but there are some improvements like showing epic burn down charts by points instead of the number of stories that I've asked for a few times but haven't been implemented. The reporting functionality also has a few bugs, but nothing major that stops it from being valuable.

Emma
Product Manager / Data Analyst in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

I've used Shortcut for everything for 3+ years

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use Shortcut to do everything in my job. I use it to write stories that engineers use to manage all of their work. My colleagues also submit requests, bugs, feature ideas, questions, etc. through Shortcut. Those turn into things for me to do, stories that get assigned to engineers, or just stories that the Product team uses to keep track of requests and help inform our roadmap + strategy.

I manage engineering workflow as well as my own as an individual contributor in Shortcut. I also keep track of ideas and requests for when I set out to build new products. I love using labels in Shortcuts for managing my own workflow - requests that come from different teams get different labels so members of that team can see everything I'm working on for them and reliably know what state projects are in. I try to keep as much communication in Shortcut stories as opposed to emails because being able to reference it in Shortcut is very valuable to me. The search functionality is really good and unless I've named something really weirdly I can always find what I'm looking for.

I haven't gotten familiar with using notifications in Shortcut and I rely on email notifications. This isn't to say that Shortcut doesn't have the right capabilities for notifications (commenting on stories is what I want notifications about), but just that I haven't really explored/figured it out which says something itself.

Software Engineer in Brazilië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Useful feature for Kanban and more

5,0 12 maanden geleden

As a solely Kanban tool it's really useful, but the different tags features (labels, projects, milestones) help to turn it more useful when working in a SCRUM process. I think it's the most complete kanban board that I tried, with nice points assignment for the stories, filters and search that work well. Integration with github also works very well, allowing to integrate PRs and commits with the stories.

I miss some feature like editing content as Notion offers, but still I think the purpose of this tool is different.

Zachary
Head of Development in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

A perfect balance between the complexity of JIRA and the looseness of Trello

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Years ago we started with JIRA, it did the job, but was so complex to administrate that we could not adjust and reaccess our process as we learned and grew. So we moved to Trello. Trello allowed a large amount of freedom to try new ideas on how we work. However, in the end, it was frustrating that Trello did not understand what software development was, and we had to rely on hacks to get proper reporting and insights. That led us to Clubhouse, which is a nice happy medium. It is opinionated on what software development looks like, but it gives just the right amount of flexibility so we can adjust as needed.

* It embraces the modern development process * It's fast and responsive * Almost all you need is in one screen * It has multiple layers of organization (story, epic, milestone)

* The higher layers of organization do not 100% align with our process * Some features are not available on different layers and it seems arbitrary. For example, you can't get a burn down on a sprint if that Sprint is not tracked as a "milestone". So if you are using Milestones to track large scale projects (maybe quarter goals or multi-epic initiatives) you have no way to track how your Sprint is going. Either they need a first-class Sprint concept, or allow burn downs on labels.

Kevin L.
Head of Engineering in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent agile tool for single or multiple teams

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We're a small team that had difficulty with roadmapping and mid-term planning with Trello, yet all strongly dislike the overhead and UI of Jira so we figured we'd give Clubhouse a shot, if it worked great, if not it was a worthwhile experiment. After switching we have no plans to move or gripes with Clubhouse and how it currently works. We've adapted our product planning to fit Clubhouse for the better as it brought just enough structure without being way over the top. Highly recommend this product!

Clubhouse has been really easy to onboard to, curate our roadmap of epics and milestones, track stories across projects, itemize our projects (website vs marketing vs platform vs api vs apps) and segment our work across them but rolling up under the related epics with per project/epic/milestone velocity reporting.

Figuring out the expected associations between Projects, Milestones -> Epics and how it fits into your product structure took a little trial and error. The main thing I like the least is that as a developer, I'm part of several teams (segmented by Product, Engineering, and Marketing, etc) each with different workflows, and that means I lack a continuous backlog to know "whats next" - I end up having to check each Team to do some mental prioritization to know whats next.

Davis
Manager, Data & Integration in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Shortcut is the easiest to use and fastest project management tool available

5,0 vorig jaar

I love the interface. It's fast. It's simple. It's as feature rich as we need it to be for the most part. Most integrations necessary for our business are there (GitHub, Slack, Teams). Working with stories and tickets is far simpler than it ever was with JIRA.

Building custom reports and doing custom searches for old stories for reporting purposes isn't great. It's fast, but I'm not sure what options I have available to search on.

Sam
Software Engineer in VS

Boosted my productivity indefinitely

5,0 vorig jaar

The ability to create epics and cards at a basic level is good enough for most use cases. However, Shortcut also offers many more features such as teams, projects, iterations, and many more making this tool useful for so many people. The first thing I do when opening my work laptop is go to my Shortcut dashboard. I look over all of myself and my teams different tasks and track their progress. As well as give myself action items by assigning myself a card. This in result boots my productivity tremendously.

Has a little bit of a learning curve due to the amount of features and customization it offers. Don’t feel guilty by not using it to its full potential because there is a lot to unpack.

Jeff
Engineer in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

A modern, useable JIRA

4,0 vorig jaar

It's relatively easy to use, and the Slack integration makes tickets relatively easy to create.

It's not super opinionated on the workflow as opposed to Asana. I can understand why, though, given it's meant to model enterprise workflows.

Amy
Customer Support Manager in VS
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

While it does the job, it's not easy to use for sorting or management

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am only a user, but I know that our Engineering manager will be switching us to a different product soon for ticket management with the reason that the new product will be much easier for everyone to use - especially for tracking their own tickets.

Does what we need it to do - create bug tickets

Not easy to filter, find or sort. Maybe I just don't know how to use the features, and I know I use them in a completely different fashion than Engineering does (we create tickets, they execute them), but each time someone says "just filter and find", I have no idea and can't figure it out. I also hear from their team about how hard it is to do what they need to do with the tickets once we create them. Not user friendly for sorting or tagging for projects.

Lauren
Lauren
Associate Product Owner in VS
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Shortcut is user- friendly and visually appealing

5,0 vorig jaar

It's easy to use and organize, and there are a lot of customizable features that the previous software I used did not have.

I wish you could add blockers that aren't other stories, i.e. if I am blocked on something because I need to go confirm something with a Stakeholder, that's not easily indicated within Shortcut. We end up using a Workflow State for "Blocked" stories instead of using the Relationships feature.

Thomas
Senior Software Engineer in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers

Shortcut Review

4,0 vorig jaar

The features are great and help me organize my work. I like the Github feature that allows linking PRs to tickets and move them along the workflow at different states.

The organization of concepts is a little confusing. Like when things should be an Epic vs a Milestone etc.

Anna
Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Shortcut helps my team to stay on track and deliver on time

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My engineering team uses Shortcut largely for task management, issue tracking and project planning. As a technical lead on multiple larger scale projects, I've found it essential to keeping the team on track.

Compared to other similar systems, I've found Shortcut's UI to be welcoming and intuitive. Their feature releases are innovative, and their product team has built something that makes work feel more fun. I especially love the Git widget that makes it easy to copy suggested branch names.

The GitHub integration seems to still be linking to CH- prefix tickets. But that is very minor.

Thomas
CPO in Duitsland

Ease and Joy of use

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: All the team loves it - especially compared to jira

Joy of use, low barrier to add/modify things

Priorization of tasks and epics could be easier

Tyler
Head of Engineering in VK
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

My favourite project management tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using Clubhouse just about 2 years ago to give myself something easy to use for engineering project management. I was sick to death of the heavy, underperforming and sometimes outright horrible competitors in this product space that I had been stuck using for many years. Over those two years Clubhouse and I have gone from just myself using simple Kanban cards into fully-fledged projects, teams, and workspaces. As they released these features our team grew into all of them and just recently our non-engineering departments have also become converts and now it's workspaces abound. Tools are tools and they should make your life easier. That is what happens here in a very good way and that is how it should be.

- Superb UI - Customisable without clutter - Performant - Incredibly easy to use

- Reporting and metrics could be better surfaced

guy
executive in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Smart software

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Very good - my team are all strong advocates. Much easier to use than Jira

Easy to use - intuitive, multi dimensional

I don't like the change of name - I think it's unnecessary