Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Shortcut

Clubhouse is een snel projectmanagementplatform dat is gebouwd voor de softwareteams van nu. Probeer het 14 dagen gratis – geen creditcard vereist.

Meer informatie over Shortcut

Ve used more complex software for ticket management and simpler tools, and Shortcut is the right balance of features, cost and ease of use.

Some technical bugs that come about (and no way to avoid upgrading versions) because it's a web app. Mobile app could also use some work.

Beoordelingen van Shortcut

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Shortcut heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 363 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Shortcut eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (363)

Bryan
Bryan
Product Director in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

The perfect tool for software projects using Kanban

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clubhouse helps us manage agile software projects better than ever before. With other tools it feels like we are forcing it to try to accommodate our workflow, but with Clubhouse it feels like it was designed exactly for our use.

Clubhouse brought us a new set of features and ways to organize stories and tasks that we didn't know we wanted/needed. We have always stuck with tools that were able to help improve our kanban based workflow rather than the simple project board tools like Trello that cater to everyone more than software/product development specifically. There are few tools out there that provide what we are looking for: the ability to organize and label stories with more granularity than a single label (estimates, types, project, priorities, epic, etc), and the ability to have reports like velocity and burndown charts.

It is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could adjust the color scheme of both things like labels beyond the default options, as well as adjust the overall interface colors.

Lee-ann
Director of Business Systems in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Shortcut (previously Clubhouse) has been a great improvement for us.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall our experience has been great. Less has been falling through the cracks, and we're able to actively manage & prioritize our development with ease. The application is enjoyed by both the development team & the management team, so everyone is benefitting from our switch to Shortcut.

1. The app is very easy to configure & set up. 2. The user experience is seamless & functionality is very self-explanatory. 3. There are multiple ways to configure each component, so you can set up the app according to what works best for you & your company. (No "one size fits all" model.) 4. The ability to set up different workflows for different departments has been a huge help for us.

1. It's a little hard to envision how each of the components should be set up for your organization when you're first getting in there (i.e., projects, workflows, milestones, epics, stories), so we ended up changing the setup as we went along after the initial configuration. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as it allowed us to improve the way we currently did things. 2. The biggest issue we have now, after using the app for a while, is that stories do not populate into the Gantt charts, only epics. This means if we have one-off tasks that are added as stories, those do not pull into the report we'd like. For that reason, we have to set up an entire epic just to set up a single story, for reporting purposes. I think it would be great if you had the option to pull the Gantt reports at the epic or story-level.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

While Clubhouse can do some things well, it is lacking in many areas

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Clubhouse was not great to say the least. While the UI is promising, and the price per user is much lower than others, you get what you pay for. Like too many other project management apps, there is not enough focus on the time being tracked vs a budget for the project you are working on. The project layers overlap in a way that would be good if you were working on individual projects for a larger product, but not if you are working on individual projects geared towards individual clients.

I think the best part of Clubhouse is the robust API that can allow a dev team to add or complement to the existing platform. Clubhouse seems designed for teams focusing on a product or a small portfolio of similar products or complimentary features. It does not seem designed for a consulting or agency style development shop.

Clubhouse is lacking in a number of areas that should be expected features in agile project management software. Completion dates are buried, no project budgeting or hourly rates, no invoicing or adding expenses, time tracking, resource management, personal task lists, custom fields, dependencies. It also seemed overwhelming to get set up and running.

Fredrik
CEO in Zweden
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Shortcut the Jira killer

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to get started with. Easy to use. Nice diagrams and overviews.

It is extremely easy to use. Quick to setup and understand. VERY cost effective! The team behind Shortcut delivers new and exciting functionality often that really makes a difference.

I have not idea to be honest. There are really no bad parts of Shortcut for what it is doing! Nice integrations and easy to use, not really something you can dislike.

Thomas
Developer in VS
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Shortcut (formerly Clubhouse) is a great task management tool for development teams

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Before switching to Shortcut, we used Jira. While Jira has plenty of features, we found it a bit cumbersome and the performance of the interface was atrocious (everything single task was incredibly slow, even the most basic activities had a noticeable delay). The first major benefit we saw with Shortcut was the speed of interaction - instead of waiting for the interface to catch up, we could just log in and get things done. The integrations with various source control platforms (we use the Gitlab integration) also helps keep task statuses up to date without even having to open the web interface. Overall the speed of the interface and the available integrations lead to a feeling that Shortcut never "gets in our way".

We started out paying for Shortcut (when it was still called Clubhouse), but were soon switched to a free plan without even having to ask. Although this was a nice gesture on their part, they then released a beta of their new product called Write. This beta is only available for paying users, which is understandable, but having been moved to a free plan meant we couldn't access it. This isn't a major issue, but starting our subscription back up would require going through the approval process with our accounting department again so we've just stayed on the free plan without access to Write so far.

Justin
Co-Founder & CXO in VS
Telecommunicatie, 201-500 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Scaled for the complexity of JIRA, but with the best UX possible & no sysadmins needed

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Every org grows out of Github Issues, Trello, and Asana when they realize a) stories need relationships such as blocking/blocked; b) stories need task checklists; c) different groups have different workflows; d) stories are often mini-project briefs and need to read as such. However, once you find yourself in JIRA, which you've been told is the mature platform for mature orgs, you're operating a nuclear submarine, you need 3 sysadmins, nobody can find anything, and you want to throw your computer out the window. SC has the infrastructure but with the user-friendliness of everyday software. Think of how Mixpanel took what Omniture was doing and made it accessible to the everyday marketer. That's what Shortcut does for eng/prod teams. No sysadmin needed, everyone gets it. Their API is well-documented and incredible. We do tons with Zapier because of how much they expose. Their CS team is spectacular, inquisitive, friendly, helpful. They want their customers to succeed. They have a one-click signup link which has made our onboarding process much faster They have templated stories and checklists which we use across the org for everything from product launches through onboarding/offboarding hires.

very few dislikes. it's amazing. if i have to force criticism: - If you work cross-departmentally, avoid multiple workflows, or you'll be having to look at multiple kanban boards daily - the "dashboard" (home) isn't as useful as it seems like it should be so we all either use iterations or stories view for our daily lens - shortcut and productboard both boast integration, but it's not great, and i think this is the fault of productboard but really these criticisms represent like 5% negative compared to 95% enthusiastic positive

Research, 2-10 werknemers

shortcut lover!!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: totally changed my day to day for the best

best project management software ive ever used, works for technical engineers and nontechnical marketing chaps like myself.

wish there was a REALLY simple version for mobile that showed me a minimalistic view of my cards or something really creative to change my life there, if anyone could create the perfect on the go project management view, it would be you guys!

Powerful project planning

4,0 vorig jaar

Shortcut is easy to use but very powerful, and has a clean, intuitive interface. It offers a wide range of features, including project planning, task management, and collaboration tools. The software integrates well with other tools, such as Slack.

The per-user price is a bit steep if you need access to all of Shortcut's features.

Ezra
Ezra
Customer Support Engineer at Appointlet in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

A visually pleasant alternative to Pivotal Tracker

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Clubhouse has been great. It's got a nice UI and is intuitive.

The biggest win for me personally in the switch to Clubhouse was simply having a nice user interface to look at when dealing with tickets.

The only issue I've had so far has been that I'm not always aware when a ticket has been reviewed. As a customer success manager, I file ticket reports and sometimes they get closed without my being alerted. We've attempted to solve this with a slack integration but I'm not sure that it's working as expected. Also, it would be nice if they didn't use markdown when you uploaded an image to a ticket comment.

Kévin
Kévin
iOS Engineer in Oostenrijk

Does its job!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Great tool for managing the team's tasks and it's especially good for teams working with Scrum. It offers a lot of customizability, thus, you can change it to tailor your needs.

The learning curve for someone who never worked with it can be steep at the beginning. But after learning the basics it gets easy.

Ashok
Chief Product Officer in Duitsland
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect Balance Between Simplicity and Power

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clubhouse has given us a great workflow which minimises the reliance on human input while maximising the oversight we have on the work we have in progress. For our team it strikes the perfect balance between the simplicity of Trello with the best bits of more powerful tools like Jira - minus all of the bloat. I would highly recommend it for the sake that because it's developer focused, our developers actually don't mind using it. At the end of the day, your tool is only going to be as good as the effort your team is willing to put into using it so this is definitely something that isn't to be overlooked.

Unlike other agile management platforms, Clubhouse is setup that you can get a lot of value from the simple Kanban board with the option to go deeper and track more in depth insights into the progress of your work. We moved to Clubhouse from a setup of Trello with a ton of extensions to help manage the extra tracking we wanted to be doing, and I think the best analogy I can make is that Clubhouse is like Trello on steroids. But in saying that, it's far simpler and more effective than other bloated tracking software like Jira or Pivotal Tracker - which in my opinion try to please the managers who want a lot of fancy yet ultimately meaningless metrics at the expense of user experience for the development team who ultimately has to spend time keeping it up to date. The GitHub integration which automatically moves cards as they progress through pull requests is a great example of how Clubhouse has considered that the development team is ultimately the user of the platform, and should be designed around getting them to use it effectively rather than bloating it for the sake of what management think looks good.

There isn't anything major that I would complain about, but there are some improvements like showing epic burn down charts by points instead of the number of stories that I've asked for a few times but haven't been implemented. The reporting functionality also has a few bugs, but nothing major that stops it from being valuable.

Emma
Product Manager / Data Analyst in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

I've used Shortcut for everything for 3+ years

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Shortcut to do everything in my job. I use it to write stories that engineers use to manage all of their work. My colleagues also submit requests, bugs, feature ideas, questions, etc. through Shortcut. Those turn into things for me to do, stories that get assigned to engineers, or just stories that the Product team uses to keep track of requests and help inform our roadmap + strategy.

I manage engineering workflow as well as my own as an individual contributor in Shortcut. I also keep track of ideas and requests for when I set out to build new products. I love using labels in Shortcuts for managing my own workflow - requests that come from different teams get different labels so members of that team can see everything I'm working on for them and reliably know what state projects are in. I try to keep as much communication in Shortcut stories as opposed to emails because being able to reference it in Shortcut is very valuable to me. The search functionality is really good and unless I've named something really weirdly I can always find what I'm looking for.

I haven't gotten familiar with using notifications in Shortcut and I rely on email notifications. This isn't to say that Shortcut doesn't have the right capabilities for notifications (commenting on stories is what I want notifications about), but just that I haven't really explored/figured it out which says something itself.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Useful feature for Kanban and more

5,0 2 jaar geleden

As a solely Kanban tool it's really useful, but the different tags features (labels, projects, milestones) help to turn it more useful when working in a SCRUM process. I think it's the most complete kanban board that I tried, with nice points assignment for the stories, filters and search that work well. Integration with github also works very well, allowing to integrate PRs and commits with the stories.

I miss some feature like editing content as Notion offers, but still I think the purpose of this tool is different.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

A relaxing experience

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall when I use Shortcut I feel relaxed compared to other product tools. While in other tools I feel like I am fighting the software generally I feel that Shortcut is just doing what I need to. It sounds silly but not being frustrated is a great thing!!

- I have like many in product at one point or another used Jira - It's way smoother and way less. clunky then jira. Pages are more responsive and load quicker with less jumping - Creating tickets is easy - The UI is visually appealing

- Lacking integration compared to Jira - Sometimes the auto-save fails and you lose work - sometimes tickets you create are lost in a void if not triaged correctly

Kevin L.
Head of Engineering in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent agile tool for single or multiple teams

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We're a small team that had difficulty with roadmapping and mid-term planning with Trello, yet all strongly dislike the overhead and UI of Jira so we figured we'd give Clubhouse a shot, if it worked great, if not it was a worthwhile experiment. After switching we have no plans to move or gripes with Clubhouse and how it currently works. We've adapted our product planning to fit Clubhouse for the better as it brought just enough structure without being way over the top. Highly recommend this product!

Clubhouse has been really easy to onboard to, curate our roadmap of epics and milestones, track stories across projects, itemize our projects (website vs marketing vs platform vs api vs apps) and segment our work across them but rolling up under the related epics with per project/epic/milestone velocity reporting.

Figuring out the expected associations between Projects, Milestones -> Epics and how it fits into your product structure took a little trial and error. The main thing I like the least is that as a developer, I'm part of several teams (segmented by Product, Engineering, and Marketing, etc) each with different workflows, and that means I lack a continuous backlog to know "whats next" - I end up having to check each Team to do some mental prioritization to know whats next.

Ching Yen
Chief Technology Officer in Maleisië
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Enhance Report Feature and Empty Seat Charges

4,0 vorig jaar

Can branch out the epic easily from origin when too much topic / stories relate to one single task, easy to manage.

Report : difficult to view milestone and every team member epic / stories completion, declared start and end date vs actual end date.Charging fee : I have team member join and leave, empty seat is a waste of money.

Paige
Product Manager in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Shortcut makes managing products, projects, and people simple

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Shortcut has helped my team stay organized, connected, and informed in a hybrid work environment. Everyday they can see who is working on what, who needs reviews or help, and what we’ve accomplished. I run 2 large scale applications and Shortcut has given my team the transparency it needs to operate at a high cadence.

I have found that the ability for me to create story templates for my team has improved the quality of the requirements for features, increased the number of test cases we identify before implementation, and has decreased the amount of time it takes my engineers to push fixes for bugs.

I would say one thing I feel is missing is the ability to see status of team members across multiple workflows. I can click through each one and jot down notes, but when there’s a critical bug it would be nice to just see a birds eye view of who’s working on what so I know who to give it to.

Sam
Software Engineer in VS

Boosted my productivity indefinitely

5,0 2 jaar geleden

The ability to create epics and cards at a basic level is good enough for most use cases. However, Shortcut also offers many more features such as teams, projects, iterations, and many more making this tool useful for so many people. The first thing I do when opening my work laptop is go to my Shortcut dashboard. I look over all of myself and my teams different tasks and track their progress. As well as give myself action items by assigning myself a card. This in result boots my productivity tremendously.

Has a little bit of a learning curve due to the amount of features and customization it offers. Don’t feel guilty by not using it to its full potential because there is a lot to unpack.

Florence
Florence
VP Marketing in VK
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Great to manage our design team priorities

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great product. Easier for us to use that Github for task management (which is what we used before).

We use Clubhouse to manage priorities in our design team and it is really easy to use in this respect. It's easy to create stories, boards and tasks and to steer our team to be more productive.

I'd love to be able to format text without the need for markdown. That would be great!

Chief Development Officer in VS

Great tool for Agile teams

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I’ve used more complex software for ticket management and simpler tools, and Shortcut is the right balance of features, cost and ease of use.

Shortcut recently added Teams to their system which doesn’t work well with our workflow.

Jared
VP of Engineering in VS
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Keeps our day to day development on track.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Shortcut is a great product and it's got a robust set of integrations that really help us to hone our Product and Sofware Development Lifecycles.

We love the team collaboration and flexible storyboard features. It works well across disciplines such as scrum and kanban.

It's difficult to rank and order the importance of UserStories relative to other systems I've used.

Andrew
Software Developer in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Decent off the shelf solution for small companies

4,0 2 jaar geleden

It's amazing to just have everything work logically out of the box. The API access allowed me to integrate Shortcut with my tooling to make tagging commits and code far simpler than ever before.

There's definitely a lot of room for improvement with auxiliary features like the built-in WYSIWYG document editor, and sometimes the rigidity of the project layout does get somewhat cumbersome if you ever need to deviate slightly from the main feature set.

Jennifer
Data Analyst in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers

Great way to keep track of tasks and projects

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Shortcut is integral to my team keeping track of the projects and tasks.

Shortcut is integral to my team keeping track of the projects and tasks. I have it set up such that we can move tickets from different stages, including 'Eventually', 'Prioritized', 'In Development', 'Review', and 'Done'. At a glance, I am able to tell what stage everything is at. Additionally, tickets can be assigned to different people, and the filters make it easy to see what each people is assigned. It's helpful to be able to document conversations within the ticket, and I also appreciate being able to connect Shortcut to GitHub. Shortcut can also be used in Dark mode.

It would be nice to be able to put people down as 'requesters' even if they are not users of Shortcut. It would help keep track of who is the actual requester, if I was to create a ticket on behalf of someone.

Luis
VP Customer Success in VK
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Clubhouse is amazing for product and project management

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing. It makes managing projects so much easier!

It is very easy to use. I really like that it supports Google authentication and that other than simple cards you can create Milestones and Epics. We are very early adopters of Clubhouse (and even wrote a post about why we moved from Trello to Clobhouse) and it's incredible to see the amount of new features and integrations they have came up with in so short time.

Nothing that I can think of. The experience on mobile was poor at some point, but it's been hugely improved in the past year or so.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Flexible project management for a small SAAS team

4,0 5 jaar geleden

- I can create a different view for each of my standing weekly meetings, so I can quickly filter to just the items I need to view at the time. - Labels are flexible and powerful enough to help organize and track varying needs. - The structure meets differing needs across roles, R&D, Education, Development, QA, Product

- The software is so flexible that defining the "right" way to use it is very difficult starting off. - I suppose this is a risk with any software in this space, but there is a danger of losing items if they are excluded from all your standard views. This means that you have to build a view just to look for those lost items. We call them our "Oops" queues.