Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over eM Client

eM Client is een complete e-mailclient met een moderne en eenvoudig te gebruiken interface. eM Client biedt agenda, taken, contacten en chat.

Meer informatie over eM Client

But, I will say this: even though the issues wasn't resolved in my case, the customer support and moderators on their forum were all very helpful and responded pretty quickly.

I kept having sync error problems with my MS emails and my Gmail. I didn't have 2FA initialized so an app password was not needed.

Beoordelingen van eM Client

3,7
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

eM Client heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 181 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je eM Client eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (181)

Jaap
Fotograaf in Nederland
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Contact met klantenservice : geen reactie

3,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Op zich na veel jare gebruik tevreden, na een fout van mij bij het upgraden was het mis, geen contact mogelijk en/of geen reactie.Vraag om betaling terug te boeken...geen reactie.Ben erg teleurgesteld !!!

Makkelijk programma, veel nuttige opties

Als je een vergissing maakt bij het upgraden, kun je niks meer ongedaan maken....

9 maanden geleden

Hi Jaap, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you experienced trouble with the upgrade and getting a refund - you should be able to reach out to [email protected] or with the paid license our online support system (https://support.emclient.com/). While the downgrade is not easy, it is not impossible and you can find the steps on our knowledgebase. We also have a 30-day money back guarantee on our purchases, if you did not get a response, can you perhaps try using the online support center or use secondary email address in case your/our emails did not reach?

Evan
Evan
Chair of Trustees in VK
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers

eM Client - good email client for small office

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with eM Client is very positive. I would be happy to recommend it to any one looking for a good, reliable, traditional email client that is cheaper than Outlook. In fact, I like it better than Outlook anyway and though we now have Office 365 inc Outlook I have no intention of moving from eM Client.

One of our users has a strong aversion to webmail. eM Client is a good option for a traditional email client. Very much cheaper than Outlook but looks and feels familiar so is easy to use. We move to eM Client from Thunderbird and like the integration of eM Client with Google Contacts very helpful.

No particular issues. It's cheaper than Outlook but competes more with free clients so it would be nice of eM Client were cheaper than it is, but can't really complain as it doesn't cost much, is regularly updated and has given good, reliable service over many years.

Fabruzio
Technician in Italië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

eM Client an interesting email client

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use eM Client on a Windows 10 computer to manage a couple of email accounts.
The programs is easy to use, just a bit slow to load sometimes.
I will surely install it on other computers. I suggest to try it

In the past I had several problems with an old installation of Outlook that stop working and I did not fix; as I needed my mailbox to be restored as soon as possible I installed eM Client that import everything from my outlook profile and worked without any problem, nothing to set. Wonderful! I like the interface, clean, you have your email folder, your calendar, activities and contact. I use on Windows, but it can also be installaed on Mac and mobile phones. The free version allows you to manage two email address. The paid version offer more features and unlimited email account and the price is really cheap. Highly recommended!

Sometimes it a bit slow while loading; I am not sure if local email managed with eM Client will be easy exportable to other email clients

Jacob
Sales Manager in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Email message size

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I love the platform, but the inability to display emails with large attachments is a huge problem to our business. Customer support were rude and closed the support ticket to a paying customer without our consent and without resolving the issue, or doing everything they could to help. They washed their hands of it.

I love eM Client for how it displays messages, the UI and the ability it has to use multiple accounts on the Pro version.

There has been a LONG term issue of it not displaying emails with attachments in excess of 25MB. This means customers will send us emails with large attachments and we won't see them because eM Client won't display them, when other email platforms will. We checked our email server settings and the option "Do not limit message size" is selected at a Server level. Yet, Customer Support still persistently blamed our email servers and refused to offer any solutions. As has been mentioned by other users, email syncing can also be slow.

vorig jaar

Hi Jacob, thank you for your review, we're sorry to hear our support has not been able to resolve or explain the issues more clearly (if it indeed could not be changed from our side) - can you please send us your ticket ID to [email protected] so we can check the support you received from our technicians and see if we can escalate it or provide some more tips on how to resolve it?

Daniel
CEO in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Doesn't Quite to the Job

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been an on/off user over 8 years. Each time I return the product gets better, but the final result is there is always some deficiency. I will problem continue to use the program but use it along side of google workplace. I have 20 email addresses that I monitor, and so far emClient is the only one that will easily manage email.

For email only, it works great for both IMAP and GMAIL. When working correctly Calendar connectivity is great, but lately it has been having sync issues. (Mar24).

Besides the calendaring system synch, it does not work well with the new Gmail task system and doesn't support subtasks rendering it totally unusable. In addition the note system is only stand alone and does not integrate with Google Keep. In addition, they have no way of contacting them and have no section for known problems on their website. There isn't even a way of getting paid support. All they have is a Kayako help desk knowledge base.

3 maanden geleden

Hi Daniel, thank you for your review. Google Keep unfortunately does not allow integration with 3rd party apps, if it did, we'd love to include it. The Kayako system has both a public knowledgebase and the login to VIP Support center, which you gain access to with Pro license and VIP Support subscription - if you have trouble finding the login, please reach out to [email protected], we'd be happy to help.

Mark
Owner in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best email client I have used

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: eMClient is like Outlook but so much better. The user interface is simple yet very effective and fully customisable. The product is constantly updated and a new version is issued each year. I have 4 email accounts setup on mine and I have purchased a lifetime license which is extremely good value for money.I use the product for my business and personal email accounts without any issues at all. Whenever a client of mine requests advice with regards to a good email client I always recommend eMClient.

I have found eMClient easy to setup and migrate over to from other platforms and on behalf of my clients after I have recommended the product to them.The overall user experience is very straight forward and there is an excellent user forum that you can access to search for knowledge if ever needed.You can use the product for free for 1 or 2 email accounts but you will have to purchase a license if you want to add 3 or more email accounts.

I honestly can't make any complaints about this product!

Co-owner / Operator in Canada
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good basic email client program (used with MS Outlook Live)

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's super-easy to setup, works well and has a clean interface. The developers keep it updated. It does all the simple things we need an email and calender/scheduling client to do.

It's simple and the free version is good for our purposes. It is so much easier than having to log into MS Outlook everytime I want to check email. Between my wife and my self we have 4 online freemail Outlook accounts. One of them is for our business which is the most important and highly used. We have a quick and easy view of all for accounts in on window. You can prioritize accounts since uou may want to be notified for some accounts over others when email arrives. Integration is solid with Outlook Live.

Sometimes the program does not update right away when opening. There are also time you have to click on the folder to see how many emails are in it. It should show this automatically without having to do anyhting. I'm not sure if this is how it operates for everyone or if it's my particular setup. I also wish they had more themes for the free version but this is hardly a big issue.

Sara
Engineer in Italië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

An email Client you should use

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use Emclient on a couple of computers and I am really satisfied.
It works perfectly, it is simple to use and you have all the mail features, such as contacts, calendar, email filters, rules.
Sometimes seems to slow down if your computer has few hardware resources, but I recommend it anyway.

if you come from another email client, EmClient import your previous email configuration so you do not have to worry/bother about what to set in server and ports, very useful feature, especially for those who aren't skilled. Em Client is easy to use and you can have two email accounts in the free version, suitable for most people that have only personal email addresses. If you use at work you may need to set 2+ address but the license is very cheap. It is a valid alternative to Outlook (you must pay to use it) and Thunderbird (a bit confusing for me).

It's a bit slow if your computer is old, better to install in newest computers

Simon
Project Manager in Chili
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A modern email, calendar and contact manager

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have a very large mail database which can make it slow, however most things work very well.

Integration of the different features. GMail and Exchange integration.

Mail filtering is too simple. Need to be able to create complex rules, using different headers. Calendar should alert conflicts when accepting an invitation or scheduling a new meeting.

Harsh
Harsh
Senior systems engineer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Light weight wonderful mail client to start with for free

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A stop shop for your personal mail management. Easy navigation, better features as compared to other mail clients, professional version available for business needs.

Easy installation, easy sync with your mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo etc. Light weight, has most required features for a basic user. Good on user interface and user experience

Preference management or user profile build up could be improved as per user's taste

Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Love the features of eM Client. It feels snappy and is much prettier than some others

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I love how fluid the UI is. It makes checking email and understanding it a breeze. The built in calendar in the sidebar is a nice easy to use feature that makes looking at my day at a glance very easy.

There is a limit of three email accounts for free, which then gets quite expensive. There should be a mid-tier plan.

Ben
Graphic and Web Designer in VS

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders. It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients. Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again. In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders. As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

beta
founder in Indonesië
Animatie, 2-10 werknemers

The best outlook alternative

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I literary try dozen email clients, and em client is my favorit. It's have everything I need.Have modern and clean interface? yes | support ms exchange? yes | sync with google calender? yes | have a reminder tool? yes | one time payment? yes.Overall em client have a lot of features but yet still easy to use. I strongly you give em client a try, the have free version (with very limited features).

For their pro version, I have nothing to complain, but their free version basically unusable because only 2 email accounts allowed. Instead of offer free version with such limitation, I think they better offer a full free trial.

2 jaar geleden

Hello beta, thank you for your review! When you first install eM Client, it will run in a 30-day trial mode automatically, and during that time anyone can test all features for free :) The 2-account limit is used only once a Free license is registered and activated - before any license is used, the trial will have all the features for any testing.

Jonathan
Director of Corporate Relations in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers

Good solution for managing complex, integrated email communications

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud. This is huge. Also I find the email interface to be much more user friendly than any of the cloud-based services. Finally, on the original setup, I migrated from Thunderbird and the entire experience was incredibly smooth and easy. This was a big plus as I was getting started.

This software allows me to manage 3 or more email identities from a single platform. It allows me to organize my saved messages for easy retrieval and long-term record-keeping. It allows me to search and quickly find past messages.

When Windows reboots the system automatically following an update, if emClient is running, the software has been vulnerable to corruption, and the process of checking and rebuilding the database can be cumbersome. This problem has improved over time, but the program remains vulnerable to sudden shut-downs.

Ade
Operation Manager in VK
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Great software for email management

5,0 vorig jaar

Simple to setup, intuitive and good feature set.

It doesn't appear to have a global search (all folders at once)

vorig jaar

Hi Ade, thank you for your review! Just to provide a tip - you can search in All folders, just click inside the Search tab in the top right corner, and next to the magnifying glass icon open the drop-down menu - here you can set which folders to search in (Current folder, Current with subfolders, All folders or custom folder selection) and other details, like which part of the message to search in (Senders, Subject, Body, Attachments...). If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support or [email protected]

Ronald
Contributor in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Bron: GetApp

Could be the best email client on the market if not for license pricing

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: emClient has the ability to be the best email program of its kind. It has everything going for it but still needs some polish and I am not certain the developers are "game" to doing the improvements that should be done.For starters, there is no message directional delete. This is a basic function in most email clients, most notably, Apple Mail. Delete a message and it should move up to the next newer message. Nope. Does not do that and when I suggested it to customer support they didn't even acknowledge the request and simply said that I should just highlight the messages I want to delete and hit the delete key. Sorry, after having the feature properly implemented in Apple Mail, there is no substitute.Setting up RULES is a bit of a cumbersome process compared to Apple Mail. It's really wonky compared to other email clients. There are too many steps with templates that you have to go through to set up a simple mail filter. I consider myself a pro at doing it on multiple clients and I ended up having to contact support to figure out how to do it with theirs.Still, I think the client is fantastic enough that I would want to purchase it, that is, until I got to their licensing policy. A license costs about $70. However, that's for one computer. Most people have at least two devices in their homes so $70 doesn't cover more than one.So, if you want two computers licensed, that's about $105. But wait! That $105 is only for the version out at the moment. Want future lifetim

Feature-rich, supports all major email accounts, has integrated calendar

Too costly for personal use, mail deletion not on par with other clients, creating rules a cumbersome process.

Amy
Deal Administrator in Canada
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

EM Client is amazing

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Started using it a few years ago with the free version but loved it so much that I decided to buy the license. I recommend it to everyone over Outlook because it's much faster and easier to use.

I love that this program is so user friendly. It's essentially the best desktop mail client I've ever used. Easy to navigate, easy to organise and super easy to personalise which is a great feature.

I'm pretty disappointed that with one of the more recent updates EM Client got rid of Frozen Smart Folders. That was actually one of my favourite features. I use so many folders so that really helped me make the decision to switch from Outlook and when they took that away I considered going back. With the most recent update I am no longer able to save jpg/jpegs from the email which I depend on a lot.

Lois
Owner in Nieuw-Zeeland
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Not impressed

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: have had lots of difficulties

It has lots of good features but its bad points outweight the good points

They now want to charge me for VIP support, when I have had this programme for years and now they want to charge me again when i need help. not acceptable

2 jaar geleden

Hi Lois, VIP Support is an optional service, if you do not need help from our technicians you can just not buy it. If you ever need assistance from our team, the subscription can be extended any time later and you can get dedicated support from our experts including remote help. The VIP Support has always been an additional service in our policy, you just get 1 year free with a license or upgrade purchase. I hope that makes more sense, if you have any questions concerning our policy or licenses, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]

Milan
Owner in Duitsland
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

eM Client user experience

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good tool to use as email client, faster than most others and easy to use

Easy to use, fast and reliable email client.

Automatic dismiss of passed calendar events

Paul
Lawyer in Canada
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Can't Modify Attached Documents

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Good.

I like the ease of making backups (although I haven't tried to restore yet).

In all other email clients that I've used (Outlook, Windows Express, Thunderbird, etc.) if I attached a document to an outgoing email and I wanted to revise the document before sending I would be able to open the attachment, make the revisions, and when I closed the attachment the revisions would be saved, in both the attached file and where the file resides on my hard drive. With eM Client it will not save revisions you make to an attachment, so I have to delete the attachments, open up the file on my hard drive and make the revisions, and then re-attach the file to the email. Very inefficient.

Joel
MD in VS
Human Resources, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good Alternative to Outlook

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was having trouble getting Outlook to search GSuite mail since it is MAPI. eM Client solved that issue.

1. Searching is very easy in this product. You can find anything quickly. 2. Multithreading conversations is off the charts. It's much better than Outlook. They have a window on the right where you can see all prior conversations. 3. The mail handling and searching features are superior to Outlook. 4. Works well with Google Apps. 5. Calendar functionality is almost as good as Outlook.

1. Contacts are weaker than Outlook. Takes a long time to load. Not overly user friendly. 2. Must store all mail history. In Outlook, Google has a sync download that limits the size of your total inbox.

Jan
President in VS
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent e-mail program

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Being able to use a E-mail program that is not Internet based. It's a stand alone program which I prefer.

I started using eM Client last December when I got my new computer. Sadly enough, Windows Live Email was no longer supported. After doing some research I found this e-mail program to be the best and fit my needs. It allows you to have to e-mail addresses for free. Quite easy to use and set up. Takes some getting used to, but very professional so I can use it for my business needs as well as personal.

If you don't pay to upgrade it will not always have the latest updates available. I haven't noticed much of a problem with this though. When you first set it up you must follow the instructions properly to convert all your old e-mail addresses and messages. Took me a couple times to get it right.

Adrian
Director in VK

My Email Client of Choice

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I moved to eM Client a few years ago as my main day-to-day email client. It is quite happy getting my (multiple) Office 365. IMAP and GMail accounts.

A good, clean user interface that simply allows you to get to work rather than have to deal with the distraction of unnecessary visual niceties.

The auto-configure service can be a little unreliable sometimes and it decides to use it's own categories rather than using those already configured via other Microsoft Outlook clients.

President in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Great Outlook Alternative

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

Tyler
Inventory Specialist in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers

eM Client

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a decent email software but needs work. I'd shop around if I had to choose another one.

The software is somewhat customizable which is nice.

The software takes a while to load sometimes. It crashes often. Support and support forums need work.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to see that you struggle with eM Client. Could you contact me directly at [email protected] and send me your latest crash reports? We'll look into it and will surely find a solution for you.