Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

Minpunten: I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2019
Joel N.
Data Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

Pluspunten: All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference. It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions. Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go. User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time. It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Minpunten: Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
Brett G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Time. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.

Pluspunten: The AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.

Minpunten: While they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Practice Manager
Administratie
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

Minpunten: We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2018
Creative Director - Video Production
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Minpunten: Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

Finally accounts are paperless

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
Joby I.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

Minpunten: I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Overall superb

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Graham L.
Managing Director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The accuracy really is superb! It is amazingly how accurately it gets the information required from what is often messy, crumpled or poor quality receipts

Minpunten: The main criticism is that I need a totally separate account per business. Would be better to handle multiples from one login. Also seems bonkers to have to pay extra for more users, has no bearing on the required server time or functionality's...eg zero benefits to just sharing a login .so to charge for it seems wrong. Lastly, the GUI could be modernized slightly

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2018
Boyd T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Pluspunten: I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

Minpunten: I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Easy expense tracking for small business

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2018
Brooke H.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.

Minpunten: I honestly don't have any complaints about the software.

Receipt Bank frees up time

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2015
Claude W.
Business Development Manager
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I've worked with Receipt Bank for over a year. First used it for my business, then for other businesses. It's basically the best product currently on the market. It frees up time for SMEs, I can see how it worked in our practice and also for other clients. Instead of having to manually type all the details, Receipt Bank will scan it all for you and help you manage this process. The development team is very progressive and they are very keen on making this product work for your business.

Pluspunten: It can scan hand written receipts. Taxi receipts are a headache and we've put the system to the test, it's absolutely brilliant at recognising even the odd receipts.

Minpunten: We had a few cases where the receipts were coded with the wrong currency, instead of GBP we had AUD. You just need to make sure you review these receipts and make sure you spot such errors.

Excellent Soo Far

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Priscilla B.
Office Administrator
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Great

Pluspunten: This software has made organizing my receipts very painless and efficient. I like the fact that a copy of my receipt is kept in this database and another copy in my accounting software when receipts are pushed over.

Minpunten: I find that sometimes when I send invoices directly from my email into receipt bank, not all the invoices are recorded or even appear. My accountant has to notify me to resend them to her personal email when she reconciles our books monthly.

Time Saving tool

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
Am S.
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have been using Receipt bank from last 2+ years, its a great tool to save time & a lot of data entry. My client are also happy to save time & cost due to using Receipt Bank.

Minpunten: In some case its mixes currency sign and user need to review receipt and verify currency to avoid later issues.

Effective, bit pricey, bit complex

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Garreth n C.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Well, you get the same functionality but better with Xero Standard. So why buy this? Just get Xero

Pluspunten: It works! The OCR was very good at reading receipts and storing data in the right ledger code. Saved me lots of time

Minpunten: Tricky to set up, costly. Now there are other products with same functionality but cheaper

Receipt Bank is a Cool Software

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019
Theodore B.
Financial Analyst
Vastgoed, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Receipt Bank is really a time saver software in term of keeping records of your expenses receipt. Moreover, its integration with accounting software like Xero is very useful.

Minpunten: Negative points on Receipt Bank is the Invoice "Fetch" functionality that is a very good idea but never worked properly since I am using the software. This functionality is creating more problem by creating duplicates than actually saving time.

No more paper clogging the filing cabinet!!

Beoordeeld op 19-5-2017
Nikki B.
Accounts Manager
Diergeneeskunde, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Time and money saving

Pluspunten: This software is so helpful in clearing all the receipts/invoices/statements from my desk. I either photograph with my phone or attach from email and then I can shred or delete. I've gone from spending hours filing to minutes uploading. Awesome program!!

Minpunten: Sometimes it takes awhile for the invoices to be processed but I don't find that a big concern as I have plenty of other work to get on with.

Time saver

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2018
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Absolutely love the way it can OCR, use rules I set up, and then export the data to QBO

Minpunten: Handling of taxes... while it reads the tax amount, we in BC have a challenge with it seperating our PST and GST amounts. (But the promise a fix is coming).

Receipt Bank--Help Code Expenses

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Courtney E.
Team Lead/Senior Staff Accountant
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall pleasant experience. Using this platform helps eliminate a great deal of the back and forth questioning between our team and our clients' spending. Holds the client somewhat responsible for accurately capturing expense data. Somewhat works as a digital filing cabinet as paper receipt retention is not needed.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and I'm able to manage from my mobile device on the go.

Minpunten: I don't believe it accommodates classes in case you have difference locations you're tracking in GL.

Time-saver for processing expense claims in a business

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2018
Marianne G.
Office Administrator
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It saves time by finding most of the information it needs and then lets you review it. Allows for people to submit receipt online, which is great for a business where most employees are spread out across Canada.

Minpunten: Some things are confusing when submitting receipts by email. For example, if you send an email without an attachment, then the email itself becomes the receipt, but when it has an attachment, the information someone might have written in the email itself does not show up anywhere, since only the attachment will show up as a receipt. This makes for some confusion for our users.

So easy and versatile!

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2018
Sign Estimating and Account Manager
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Accountability and record keeping is greatly improved!

Pluspunten: My company started using this to keep us in compliance - and keep our accountant happy.
IT IS AWESOME! There are so many ways to upload receipts - it makes this extra step in our work day so much easier. You can scan and upload the receipt via their website. You can send it to a personalized email address to upload the receipt, you can use their app... it is fantastic. And our accountant is super happy with the results!

Minpunten: I can honestly say there isn't anything bad about this program. It stinks we have to take the extra time to be more diligent about our receipts, but the program really helps ease that hassle.

Great tool to reduce the time and hassle of collating expense receipts and vendor bills.

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018
Client On-boarding Assistant
Administratie, 201-500 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This is a must have application as it just cuts down so much admin. Supplier rules and giving employees their own logins to do expense reports makes it so easy to implement and get running.

Minpunten: System has some things missing such as multiple accounts with the same email. There is also the issue of no multilevel authorisation processes.

Receipt Bank - Good Value for Money & Super Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2017
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers

Pluspunten: Great price
Very easy to use
Customer Service is very responsive and knowledgable
Easy interface
Great mobile App
Reduces errors

Minpunten: Waiting for receipt bank to read invoices, it is very fast but would be even better if faster like everything :)

Great for Streamlining Bookkeeping

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2019
Administrative Associate
Filantropie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ability to take a picture of a receipt while traveling and not have to stress about losing them has been great. The software also has OCR, which scans each receipt and picks up which vendor the purchase was made from - allowing the user to make edits afterward but not have to input a ton of information in the beginning.

Minpunten: I wish there was a way to bypass the scanning feature. Receipts will sometimes process for over 5 hours, and if I'm working on an expense report I'd like to be able to type in the information myself if it'll go faster.

Receipt Bank Review

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019
Angela N.
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: VERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST. YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND A CHAT ROOM. UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!!
SALES TEAM LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE YOU GET MORE THAN YOU REALLY ARE. USELESS IF YOU USE QUICK BOOKS DESKTOP.

Pluspunten: the ocr technology is very good. i get my own free account

Minpunten: ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
SALES TEAM MISLEAD CAPABILITIES OF INTEGRATION TO QBD.
EXCESSIVE SET UP TIME.
NO ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS SET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE APP.

Useful tool that assists with efficiency

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018
Jack P.
software support specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This app is perfect for anyone needing a reduction in the hassles of keeping up with receipts or invoices for ongoing or recurring expenses, especially when needing to submit expense reports and be reimbursed. Although it could use a few enhancements on intuitiveness and user experience, this is a great tool which drastically reduces time consumption for compiling and saving receipts, invoices, etc., by minimizing time spent compiling, tracking and submitting those items. It also allows payroll personnel to easily manage and facilitate employee or contractor expenses and/or reimbursements. Very useful.

Pluspunten: Seamless upload of receipts/invoices
Intelligent handling and rendering of scanned/copied files
Big-time time-saver!
Makes creating and submitting expense reports very simple and quick

Minpunten: Moderate learning curb
Help tools are for admin side, not really applicable to user-end inquiries

Receipt Bank makes expense reports a more painless process.

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like Receipt Bank because, as a user, I can easily pull up my app and record my receipt and add any additional details within a few minutes of receiving the receipt.

Minpunten: The desktop version could be updated on a more consistent basis.