Best viable solution for small property owners with great CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CLEAN FEATURES & PRICING

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019
Ryohei I.
Property Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Firstly, for someone who has hardly used a channel manager, the learning curve is always going to be a thing no matter which service you decide to use. This was the case for me, after reading countless reviews I decided to trial Smoobu and am now a paid user. And when the learning curve is unavoidable, Smoobu truly shines with their CUSTOMER SUPPORT - it is definitely one of their best features. Their chat team works in German-time (and they are not available 24/7), but it was definitely handy when you're based overseas. Their e-mail support team I find are VERY experienced, fast, helpful, patient, understanding and respectful - I seriously only have praise for them! They truly helped a novice channel manager user like myself troubleshoot, configure, and set up the optimal solution that works best for my particular business size and workflow. Regarding the SOFTWARE FEATURES, I think we always tend to want more, and more of the available features offered more seamlessly and automated, so I don't think it's even fair to expect EVERYTHING, and the simplicity of Smoobu's software - both in UI and UX, once you get a grip on it, is a HUGE asset that eliminates and minimises all the headaches we go through as owners and managers. And finally - PRICING. Based on my own research I think their overall quality offering is astounding vis a vis the cost. I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using!

Minpunten: EMAIL SUPPORT > CHAT SUPPORT: Though chat support is easier to access, for an actual conundrum or a multilayered question you're facing I would definitely go through their e-mail support since they can constructively engage with your problems (maybe also because they have more time to respond?), and you really feel that they are there to help you! But the chat team is great too for small questions you might have (but sometimes they disconnect in the middle of a question - but don't be discouraged and take that to e-mail or maybe call though I haven't tried that personally!) GOOD DESIGN BUT NOT YET MIND-BLOWING: It is minimal, clean and ticks all the right boxes in terms of UI / UX and it is not at all problem for internal admin use, but for someone who comes from a creative industry background (e.g. used to the intuitive approach of Apple products and have done consumer-facing communication work) I do think their consumer-facing features (like their new GUEST APP and WEB EMBEDDABLE BOOKING TOOL) can be further reimagined based to align themselves with consumers who are spoiled by Apple, Google et al. providing great design to the mainstream. So in sum, based on a philosophy that good design → looks great and ALSO heightens practicality. TWO-WAY SYNCS VS iCAL SYNC: Not a con but a note - with Airbnb when you sync via their two-way sync it makes it impossible to view or edit your calendar on Airbnb. It's great but I found it easier to iCal sync like the rest of the platforms!

Great software i would not hessitate to recommend

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Xabier txomin S.
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is really easy to use. No complications, no difficult to set up functionalities. The property web facility is a plus. The support team is really friendly, knowledgeable and listens to customers!. I am getting lots of emails from competition but I am not planning to move from Smoobu. I really love Smoobu simplicity.

Pluspunten: Pros:
1.-It is a very easy to use software. Getting familiar with smoobu is really simple, practically instantaneous.
2.-The migration to Smoobu is really simple and staff is always willing to help.
3.-They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality.
4.-I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels.
5.-The synchronizations works perfectly. It has never failed so far. No double bookings at all.
6.-The system rarely crashes down and if it does, it is momentarily for maintenance.
7.-You can set up Smoobu in different languages. It is truly multi-lingual.
8.-Perhaps this is one of the strongest points of Smoobu. It is true that communication with the customer service department is easy, fast and always in a friendly and professional tone.

Minpunten: Cons:
Given that it is a software that it is designed to be easily usable and does not complicate its functionalities, there may be people who miss less avant-garde features but in my case in particular I love that everything Smoobu offers works perfectly and without complications. They are currently developing a solution for the new PSD2 regulations, which is more than welcome.

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2017
Gerry N.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pluspunten: Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly designed. The customer service was awful, you had to either send an email and wait for a reply or make an appointment sometime in the future to get a call back (that often just didn't happen). I was going crazy and about to give up on finding something that worked. Then I found Smoobu. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they had a telephone number. Just out of curiosity I called (expecting a voicemail saying they were closed). Much to my surprise a human being answered. I was up and running within hours. A connection that with a previous company had taken 3 weeks took them 2 minutes. Yes I know, unbelievable. No more stress. No more feelings of isolation. No more double bookings (and being told it was somehow my fault). I am now relaxed and happy and growing my business. And concentrating on my guests. I really feel like I have found a business partner who cares about me and is part of my success.

Smoobu just works

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
Petra B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pluspunten: I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Minpunten: There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Great Tool, Great People Behind, Simple and efficient

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2019
Maximilian e. S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: More than 3 years ago, when I was looking for a simple but well thought through Chanel Manager, I came across Smoobu. Implementation was quite easy even for me as an inexperienced user of Chanel manager. In the last 3 years Smoobu has developed enormously and still offers me everything I need to successfully market my almost 20 accommodations. The support is always fast and efficient and suggestions are taken seriously! I'm sure I'll be happy working with Smoobu for many yearsand look forward to the next development steps.

Minpunten: I do not habe any complains about smoobu. For me nothing is missing

Great Product and Easy to Use. Friendly team.

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Omar A.
Private User
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very happy with the overall product. Customer service is not available on weekends but the team is very friendly and eager to help when you get to them.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use and setup. Quick connection to Airnb and Booking.com (yet to try the others)

Minpunten: At first the messaging system wasn't my favorite. However, the new update looks great and integrates all messaging from Airbnb and Booking.com into the platform. Trying it out now and very happy with it!

I have a new friend, it's called smoobu!

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Isabella F.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For me to say Smoobu means the rep. I still wonder how he can answer all the questions for assistance on his own. Always relevant, decisive and friendly.

Pluspunten: It does a lot of things for me: it synchronizes the bookings on all the portals and updates the prices on some of them, it manages the communication with the customers, it gave me the possibility to create a website in an intuitive way and at sustainable costs and much more .. ..

Minpunten: I would say that I like everything, the graphical interface is intuitive and clean and I really appreciate their philosophy of trying to improve, always having a friendly customer relationship.

Smoobu is exactly the Channel Manager that we need

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2019
Yves D.
Propriétaire
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The first month with the binding to the OTA was easy and we did not have any trouble to quit the previous Channel Manager and to connect with Smoobu.
Now we use it daily with entire satisfaction.

Pluspunten: It is easy to learn and to configure, you can phone to the customer service and they answer...

Minpunten: The French translation is not perfect but I can use it

van Smoobu op 29-5-2019

Hi Yves, thanks for the review. Will be working on the French version. Any input you have is appreciated.
Best
Philipp

Easy to use and extraordinary assistance

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Massimo C.
entrepreneur
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Managing prices and availability is very easy, even from the smartphone.
The software allows you also to make most changes to your properties by yourself.
Messaging with guest from one place makes you save a lot of time: no need to log in and out all day.
Automatic mails do the job for you.

Pluspunten: This is very easy to use and that makes you very efficient.
Their assistance service really makes the difference. You are never alone!

Minpunten: Maybe I'd like to be updated when they release new features, and to make it really complete, they need to develop the invoicing system (more like a PMS)

Ecxellent Channel

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Mario P.
property menager
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I don't need to check or update OTA's when a property is booked.

Pluspunten: This channel manager is really complete and fits perfectly with the needs of a tourist manager.
it's quick to update the data in the various channels. The feature I like most is that I can send an email with all the information to all customers automatically. In addition to the channel with the same price, a booking engine is included.

Minpunten: It should be fantastic to change the percentage different between channels for singolar apartment.

Best value for money, actually best value overall

Beoordeeld op 6-5-2019
Michael W.
Commercieel vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have been looking at different alternatives for quite some time. I had heard about a supposedly awesome dashboard that Smoobu had to . Turns out is was true. Also super reliable Channel Manager. They focus on the right things and make it super easy to use. Customer service was actually more knowledgeable about portals that the portals themselves.....

Minpunten: Would be nice to see some more external integrations. But they said there was more coming up

Avoid....caused me a load of extra work.

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Jason S.
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.

Pluspunten: The idea is great but it doesn't work in practice. There are better alternatives.

Minpunten: Smoobu was a disaster for me. Using Sboobu cuts you off from using the portals (Airbnb, Agoda, Tripadvisor etc). You are actually blocked from using the portal platforms & must only update listings & bookings on the Smoobu platform. You can't even access the calendars anymore. You can no longer communicate with guests through portals, only through Smoobu. The worst thing is, if you have any blocked dates in the portal calendars they are ignored by Smoobu & then deleted on the portal. Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu. It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless. They have no training, they are rude & don't understand the platform. AVOID! The set up is too time consuming.

van Smoobu op 26-11-2019

Hi there!
Let me say sorry for your bad experience first of all.
We tried to do our best supporting you in the setup. Airbnb blocks some functionality on their side, which then you can access through Smoobu directly. In the end this is the central point of a channel management system. The other portals are not blocked. They remain exactly the way they were before connecting. So you can work on both ends. I looked at the support cases and we did not have a chance to help you out as you had already started disconnecting once we were coming in. So I am happy to give it a new chance to show you how the system actually works as addressed in several messages.
Best regards

Morros del Pacifico

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Francisco V.
General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I decrease to ´´cero´´ duplicate reservations.
Very easy to administrate, very simple and friendly.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use
Mobile app very simple and friendly
I can easily administrate all your booking without duplicate reservations

Minpunten: Difficult to synchronize all the option with airbnb and booking. There are some special options from Airbnb or booking that you cant set.

van Smoobu op 25-9-2019

Hi Francisco,
thanks for your review. Unfortunately, all portals work a bit different. But I promise we are working on making the user experience even better. Happy to receive your detailed feedback on how we can improve!
Best regards
Philipp from Smoobu

enthusiastically

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2019
Eckhard M.
privat
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The support at Smoobu is excellent.
Unbelievably fast feedback on questions and problems. Even on weekends inquiries are answered. The Smoobu team is very friendly and is available with advice and action!!!!

Pluspunten: The software is intuitive to use. The settings are well explained and in the help function you will find good support during setup.

Minpunten: the software is an all-round successful package that makes it easy for landlords to manage all connections to various portals.

Excellent channel manager

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Francesco B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helps me every day setting and managing alla my channels. I couldn't work so fast without it now.

Pluspunten: It's easy to use, fast responsive and I can do everything in mobility with my mobile phone.

Minpunten: Nothing! I'm 100% satisfied. I think that the they have thought everything is necessary

The cheapest channel manager out there

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2019
Kostas K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very easy to use and set up your rentals. Works very efficiently

Minpunten: I think they could work a little on the interface, and make it a little more robust

van Smoobu op 16-4-2019

Hi Kostas,
thanks for your review and feedback. Working on making the platform better and more user friendly every day. If you have specific aspects please let us know via mail.
Best

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019
Ute M.
Property owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to use, quick support service, ideal channel manager for booking platforms!

Pluspunten: I am new in the holiday home rental business and I needed a program easy to use to synchronize different booking platforms. I have only one property in Corfu to manage and can't use the programs designed for hotels. I am using the program about one month now. Each time I received a booking from one platform it was immediately blocked on the others. Once I contacted the support center of smoobu and got immediately answers to my problems.

Minpunten: Until now there is nothing I could say about this software that is negative.

Top Software

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Hendrik S.
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Smoobu is very easy to use, the Support is very fast, friendly, personal and helpful. Since we use Smoobu, we can concentrate us much more to our target... to help our guests.

Minpunten: It works, it helps, we like it and the Support is top.

Very simple Channel Manager

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2019
James M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We recently changed to Smoobu from Tokeet and haven't looked back. Smoobu provides an ultra simple channel manager which caters will for our business. they seem very chilled and really look after us. whatever we have asked they are there to help. So far so good guys!

Pluspunten: Easy to use
Simple set up
Simple updated

Minpunten: So needs a landscape calendar that holds all rooms for at a glance viewing

Easy and funcional

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019
Hans H.
Sales representative
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Take the stress away with dobble booking and let's you have a great control

Pluspunten: Great support and easy to use. The app works really well

Minpunten: Nothing really to complain about.. More that I haven't learned everything yet

Easy, reliable and value for money

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019
Tony alex V.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The User interface is simple and the support team is wonderful

Minpunten: I would like to see more integrations with 3rd party applications.

Very Good !!!

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Alex A.
Ceo
Maatschappelijk werk, 2-10 werknemers

Pluspunten: User friendly & mobile app are the most

Minpunten: nothing in particolar, all I need for my business