Gemiddelde scores

4,2 /5
    3,9 /5
  • Klantenservice

Over xTuple

Voorraadbeheeroplossingen voor fabrikanten die hun productiebedrijf willen laten groeien

Meer informatie over xTuple

128 reviews worden weergegeven

John G.
Licensed Realtor
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019

"Excellent capabilities, complex to learn, more toward manufacturing and inventory but adaptable"

Opmerkingen: I originally started using Postbooks because I was looking for an accounting system that ran on Fedora Linux that was based on PostgreSQL database since I am a database DBA for Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MySQL (MariaDB). I use Postbooks to run my real estate business even though it is not an exact fit because of familiarity. Once learned, it becomes second nature. I do not use most of the capabilities that xTuple/Postbooks provides. But that is one of the fortes of the software; use what you need and leave the rest alone.

Pluspunten: Free version - I use the Postbooks version since cost is a big factor for me and I don't need most of the features.
Adaptable - I used it in a previous business where I had inventory and did some creation of videos on DVDs. It tracked inventory from items used to create the finished DVDs and package, publish, and ship them. I now use it in my real estate business just for accounting.
Has many capabilities many of which I do not personally use, but they are there if you need them.

Minpunten: Complex - because it has so many capabilities, it is complex and can be hard to learn. Documentation can be a bit sparse.
Constrained - Forces a work flow which is great for larger business but can make a task tedious for a sole proprietor.
CRM - is designed for sales of products which is what this software is designed around. I am now a REALTOR® and the CRM does not fit the model a REALTOR® uses.
Too platform specific - It used to run on Fedora and other Linus flavors. Now it is limited to Ubuntu and tends to lag, as Ubuntu does, behind the security updates. It runs on Windows. I now run my database on Linux and have to use a Windows client since there is not a client that runs on Fedora. I suggested to the developers that xTuple/Postbooks should be developed on Linux as a Flatpak project but never heard anything back.

van xTuple op 7-2-2019

John - Thanks for reviewing our free PostBooks¿ product. This system was definitely built for manufacturing (and inventory-centric) companies, although plenty of professionals such as yourself have adapted the Accounting and CRM & Sales functionality to suit their needs.

Operations Director
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018

"Generally good, but requires a skilled team to use"

Opmerkingen: When fully set up, it does a good job of running our multi-site,multi-currency manufacturing operation.

Pluspunten: - Decent import system to load up your data
- Flexible system that allows a wide range of manufacturing and options
- Easy access to SQL tables which allow you to write your own tools if xTuple is missing something you need
- Under active development, and with a good user forum

Minpunten: - Despite the licensing being the single most expensive SW cost for our company, support is virtually non existent. It is an additional cost and the options are expensive, confusing and often rely on 'partners' who don't always know much about the system. Documentation does exist but is often hard to find on the xTuple website. A skilled technical team will be needed to implement and set up the complex options and work flows. - xTuple is putting lots of effort on eCommerce additions, but less on the fundamentals of the package. Silly issues make for large problems:
-- User permissions can only be added one at a time (no multi select)
-- Payments are still based on the idea of paper cheques with no shortcuts for cash/card payments. No simple export options for upload for wire processing)
-- The multi currency system is basic and has issues (silly rounding errors, Bank reconciliation and GL accounts don't match and can't be corrected, 'extra' currency transactions generated by some operations break AR balance)

van xTuple op 9-2-2019

Thank you for taking the time to review. What version of xTuple are you using? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? Sounds like you might be missing some valuable help and ROI for your company. Feel free to contact us (we're here to help!): https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing

• Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018
Carl E.
VP Engineering
  • Beoordeeld op 12-7-2018

"Sales/engineering involved with ERP use. Currently running 4.8.1. Previous system was MAS200."

Pluspunten: Has a Mac based client. Has the option for on-site server or cloud server. Highly customizable reporting capabilities. A decent amount of customizing interface windows. We have several very custom reports and some interface changes that have been made by a 3rd party developer. A lot of features, some we're still learning to use in an optimal way.

Minpunten: The report editor is weak, at least up through 4.8.1. Text boxes don't auto-wrap making form design difficult. This is a challenge even for our 3rd party developer that uses it all the time. Not the most intuitive - interlinks between data sets is weak at best. Often we find ourselves needing to write somethings down from one inquiry to then go to the next, and the next to find what we need. MAS200 was much better in this regard. Several accounting features that I do not use are also reported to have similar limitations as compared to MAS200. No bug patches. Free updates while using the cloud sever are great, but any customization throws a slight wrench into that. Several bugs that we deal with have been fixed in newer versions but are not available as patches to our version. Since we have some significant customization, the actual upgrade cost keeps us from updating frequently.

van xTuple op 2-8-2018

RE: any difficulties you¿re experiencing with the OpenRPT report editor. If you need to learn more about building custom reports, we¿ve got some great classes and some free online resources at https://xTupleUniversity.com. Backporting bug fixes with patches can run you into all sorts of other problems related to required functionality that may not exist in older versions. It¿s like expecting to get an airbag in a `65 Mustang. Our best suggestion is let¿s help you upgrade to the latest version: https://xtuple.com/contact-professional-services -- Carolyn

• Beoordeeld op 12-7-2018
Owner, President
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2018

"For someone who is not an accountant, the learning curve was steep. But in time, it became great."

Opmerkingen: It forced me to learn true accounting principles, of which I still haven't mastered, but it's an ongoing experience. That, and the fact that it's free.

Pluspunten: It's a true ERP/accounting software suite that covers all aspects of a business. There's no cheating when posting transactions. It forces you to get to know actual accounting principles and follow them. I also like that it is platform agnostic. I prefer Linux to Windows, and the software runs on both. This versatility also runs to the database back end; I'm using PostgreSQL on Linux, which is quick and clean for my needs. My accountant loves it, since it does what an accounting package is supposed to do, and not let me delete things if I screw up. The entry-level offering, PostBooks, is free. You can request a free license key for up to four (4) users, running concurrently, which for small businesses or startups is fantastic! The database engine runs on a small server (Windows or linux), and users run the self-contained user interfaces from their desktops - no real installation needed there. If you wish to increase your footprint, additional licensing is available. Forms and reports are fully customizable. With a little bit of time and motivation, you can create any form you wish and configure the environment exactly to your tastes.

Minpunten: It takes time to master the application if you are not familiar with accounting practices and principles. Being a small businessman who specializes in IT, I'm not accustomed to think in the ways of balancing buckets. It's not Quickbooks (whatever that means). Office managers and financial people continually ask me why I should use something that's off the beaten path with respect to small businesses. Of course, I give them the reasons above. Needless to say, the argument inevitably comes back, "Quickbooks is still easier to use." It's not easy to back out stupid mistakes. Again, this is an "operator issue". A non-accountant really needs to be trained properly to fully utilize the power of this application.

van xTuple op 9-2-2019

Thank you for your glowing review. What version of free PostBooks¿ are you on? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? He'd be curious to know how you're using the system, to help inform others who are in similar businesses! Message us: https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing Be sure you've got the latest update for your software and renew your free license key: https://xtuple.com/products/postbooks/license-key-registration

Lance K.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019

"review of ERP postqb rev 4.x"

Opmerkingen: goal was to handle sales pipeline and contract manufacturing; sales people didn't like to use it. Free version is good value, but paid version is expensive when compared to competitive products.

Pluspunten: multi-platform
customizable: forms and reports
structured work flow: modules link together properly (from sales to purchasing to inventory to manufacturing to shipments etc)
has expected and comprehensive list of data: AP, AR, INV, WIP, PO, Sales, Customers, etc

Minpunten: poorly integrated extensions (eg time and expense)
data entry forms are clunky for bulk entry
UX forms not consistent (over time the UX standards have changed, older forms have not been updated to use newer UX)
automation of import/export is clunky (it works, but not intuitive to configure)
chart of accounts and posting are very traditional approach, so cumbersome to fix data entry mistakes.
need manufacturing edition if doing manufacturing; base model has too many key manufacturing features disabled.

van xTuple op 7-2-2019

Thanks for reviewing our free PostBooks¿ product, Lance. Sounds like you may be using an older version? Be sure to get the latest update for your software and renew your free license key: https://xtuple.com/products/postbooks/license-key-registration P.S. Let us know how we can help with increased functionality you need.

Chief Operating Officer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018

"It's been a really solid solution for our client"

Opmerkingen: The ability to create a custom solution that perfectly fit our client's needs.

Pluspunten: I think the extendability of the software has to the the strongest feature. Great care has gone into letting you add features in a very maintainable fashion.

Minpunten: Sometimes I find that though most of the backend logic is encapsulated within the database - which is an interesting, seemingly solid model - there is some logic that still lives within the client software.

van xTuple op 9-2-2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. What version of xTuple are you on? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? He's always looking for stories on how companies are using the system, especially about customizations, to help other similar businesses. We are also working on standing up a scripting library which might be of use to you. Feel free to contact us: https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing

• Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Business Manager-Materials
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2018

"Pretty good once we upgraded to the purchased program."

Pluspunten: Lot Serial Tracking, Copying Item Data,Sales Order Entry,Packing List Reports. Ability to get a response on bugs so that we can fix them in a timely manner.

Minpunten: Overall look- I don't think the design is overall user friendly. Its better than it use to be but could use a little work. I would like to be able to use the program on phone to check inventory. So maybe a mobile app would be nice. Other than that I think it works efficiently enough for our use.

Director - Material Support Center
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018

"Feedback"

Opmerkingen: By and large the system provides decent tools to process our work. Some information, data, and reports require significant specialized enhancements.

Pluspunten: Generally speaking, all functionality is available with xTuple. Operations, Sales, Finance, and Production activities can be performed.

Minpunten: Some reporting is slow and redundant. there have been many specialized reports created for ease and efficiency.

van xTuple op 8-2-2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your confidence in us. Are you planning to upgrade to the next major version 5.0?? Let's ensure you're getting all that you need out of xTuple. https://xtuple.com/contact-professional-services

• Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018
Purchasing Manager
Cosmetica, 11-50 werknemers

"Xtuple Review"

Pluspunten: MRP is easy to use and inventory and purchasing functions help me get my job done efficiently.

Minpunten: Some times i need to export data to Excel to make it easier to work with.

van xTuple op 9-2-2019

Thank you for reviewing. What version of xTuple are you on? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? He'd always looking for stories on how companies are using the system, especially about MRP, to help other similar businesses. Feel free to contact us: https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing

Matt G.
Project Executive
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2018

"Xtuple is very flexible and capable of very complex transactions and customized routines."

Opmerkingen: exposure to other types of accounting setup. The software install is still very clunky and difficult to use. We need to use our old system side by side with it. Was hoping to drop the old system by now.
We could really use someone to help us config it more.

Pluspunten: The price, customizability, open source code. Able to interface with other programs and databases.
True enterprise funtions and modules. The startup costs are very affordable.

Minpunten: Very difficult to find help with the software. The manuals and support are expensive and often non existant to my experience

van xTuple op 12-2-2019

Thank you for your review of the free PostBooks¿ community product. I believe you may be on an older version? Upgrading often addresses most concerns. Let's be sure to get the latest update for your software and renew your free license key: https://xtuple.com/products/postbooks/license-key-registration

Roland W.
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-10-2018

"Open source ERP that delivers"

Opmerkingen: As a software developer and open source solutions specialist we don't manufacture items and our own product as well as the product from our vendor partners is rather ethereal and so isn't stocked. But once we had attached a "physical" presence to electronically transmitted support contracts and longer term consulting engagements, receiving in, shipping and invoicing became second nature and remarkably accurate. Financials are solid but do spend time getting your head around VAT processes.

Pluspunten: There are many ERP solutions and there is plenty of open source software. xTuple is different because it is an open source ERP solution that does actually work. ERP does require quite an amount of configuration and management and xTuple is no different. Understanding how ERP works if pretty core to making any ERP solution work but once you have that, once you have committed the effort to properly configure it, xTuple provides the sort of solution that suppliers of vastly more expensive alternatives would argue is out of reach of open source software. xTuple does have a knowledgeable and helpful community and plenty of plugings and add-ons to ensure that it provides the solution that you need. If it doesn't, then the PostgreSQL background and QT foreground make it sufficiently simple for you to make your own modifications.

Minpunten: As open source solutions go, there are remarkably few quirkinesses but those that do exist do require some thinking around. Like most ERP solutions, it demands that it follows it's processes so deviate and you are in for some pain. The key to a successful implementation is learning how it works. If you have never implemented ERP before then you are strongly advised to either dedicate quite some time to getting it wrong and starting again or bringing in someone with the expertise and experience. Fortunately, xTuple will help you there!

van xTuple op 7-2-2019

Thanks for reviewing our free PostBooks¿ product, Roland. Sounds like you've got great knowledge of the system. Let us know how we can help with any increased functionality you need.

• Beoordeeld op 8-10-2018
Janine D.
CFO
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-1-2018

"Overall the xTuple software has been wonderful. Easy to use and presents very professionally."

Opmerkingen: Functionality for our very unique type of business, and website integration are the top two benefits.

Pluspunten: You can begin with a free version and if that version fulfills all of your needs you can continue with that, however for added functionality there are licencing fees for that functionality. It is easy to use (once the beginning numbers are in) and it makes a small company look larger due to the look and design of their forms (you can design your own as well). The functionality is incredible. The type of business we are in requires things that most software does not provide for which has made running our business quite a bit easier. We are a modification center and xTuple allows us to use different parts to make the same end product by using substitutions, this has been a tremendous help to us. It was nice to be able to start with the free version and see just what this amazing piece of software could do. They also have an "online university" where users can communicate with each other and xTuple themselves, that has proven to be extremely valuable. Many times the issue or question we have has already been dealt with through another customer and the answer sits right there accessible to us. Overall xTuple has been great for us. They also are now hosting our website and although there have been some rough patches, I don't think we would go anywhere else as they allow it to integrate with our software, a big help.

Minpunten: Their customer service is probably their weakest link. Although they make an appreciable effort to respond to the issues we bring up, from our end sometimes it doesn't seem to be taken care of as quickly as we would like, and we have to follow-up for resolve. The website integration has some bugs, but eventually the bugs get worked out. We have two very capable IT employees who sometimes can figure out the bugs before they do, which is a big plus for us, as we can correct the issues then pass on the fix to xTuple. We all agree that the issues with customer service are worth the extreme value that the software has brought to our company.

• Beoordeeld op 10-1-2018
Carol C.
COO
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Xtuple Review"

Opmerkingen: Our experience with the applications listed under what we like best has been very good. Based on the way we have use the system we have been unable to use MRP to date. However, I think this is more our issue than an XTuple issue.

Pluspunten: Inventory tracking and financial tracking and reports. The sales module also provides needed reports and information

Minpunten: Currently the CRM does not allow us to track conversion rates or other metrics. It does not provide any true metric reporting features. We have had to purchase outside software and now the sales team is having to update two separate databases. This was one thing I was hoping to avoid. The same is true for project management.

van xTuple op 18-2-2019

Carol - Thank you for a great review. You are correct: xTuple is not a very metric-oriented system. It wasn't designed for modern marketers and business analysts. It's more of a data collection and repository system. However, your review is a very good example of giving us helpful information on where the product could be improved. We're actually working on integrations with other softwares (such as data visualization and marketing automation) that could be excellent, cost-effective opportunities to solve your issues.

Your success with xTuple relies on expert ERP consultants to help with your customization needs. (You've already engaged a great consultant, too!) With that said, we'll email you offline. Using MRP is an issue that your consultant can help with. And some of what you need sounds like a report to us, and one that would be a good addition to the core product (ex: CRM conversion rate), so we'd ask you to submit a Feature Request.

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019
Director of I/T
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019

"xTuple ERP"

Opmerkingen: We have put all of our ordering/manufacturing/accounting/finance functions on xTuple, including some company-specific functions that we built ourselves without consulting. We've been running the system for 7 years with great success.

Pluspunten: Cost-benefit is off the charts. A full, highly complex, highly customized install of xTuple can be achieved at about 1/3 the cost of other proprietary systems. The open-source environment allows a technically-inclined administrator with some programming experience to extend the software in business-specific ways without the use of high-cost consulting. Tech support is great, and bug fixes often arrive in a couple of days after reporting.

Minpunten: The documentation provided for scripting is too heavily geared towards an experienced C/Qt programmer rather than a SQL programmer. There aren't enough specific scripting examples, and too many references to class libraries which don't make much sense to someone with no C/Qt background.

van xTuple op 7-2-2019

Thank you for a great review. What version of xTuple are you on? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? He'd always looking for stories on how companies are using the system, especially about customizations, to help other similar businesses. We are also working on standing up a scripting library which might be of use to you. Feel free to contact us: https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019
Tom D.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018

"Very powerful software, but comes with a learning curve."

Opmerkingen: I think that xTuple is a great piece of software, but it is much more attuned to larger, more regimented businesses. For the small and flexible business, QuickBooks is much more suitable to the style of operation that I have experienced with smaller businesses.

Pluspunten: I can quickly and accurately keep track of all aspects of business operations.

Minpunten: The fact that once you post something, you cannot change it. In a lot of smaller businesses, a managerial style of accounting is used. A lot of little mistakes happen or a customer requires an invoice to be worded a certain way, etc... With xTuple, I have to void the transaction and start over. Not always feasible. Also, the limited ability to customize line items without creating an item is extremely limiting for smaller businesses.

van xTuple op 9-2-2019

Thanks for your review, Tom. What version of free PostBooks¿ are you on? Can you chat with xTuple¿s process guy? He'd be curious to know how you're using the system, to see what might be missing! Message us: https://xtuple.com/contact-marketing

Today¿s ERP solutions clearly miss the mark for the vast majority of smaller ¿ (but AWESOME!) manufacturing businesses who metaphorically don¿t need a bus to drive to the train station! The elephant in the room is that ERP is the wrong solution for small business, especially those who've outgrown QuickBooks. Watch for xTuple to shake up a 40+ year old industry with a new option in September 2019!