Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Mailgun

Transactionele API-e-mailservice voor ontwikkelaars. Krachtige API's waarmee je moeiteloos e-mails kunt verzenden, ontvangen en volgen.

Meer informatie over Mailgun

Ease of use for servicing our mail servers. Easy to spot and workout problems from clients not getting emails from our system.

Customer service is slow and useless. More expensive compare to others.

Beoordelingen van Mailgun

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Mailgun heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 154 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Mailgun eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (154)

Brandon
Brandon
Creative Strategist in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Incredible Deliverability, Clean Platform, Success with MailGun!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Super pleasant, great chat support, fast email support replies, always quick to help and communicate.

Clean UXI for navigating the system, simple set up, clear dashboard to find issues quickly and navigate around the site. Ability to clean database lists to minimize bounce. However, the BEST part is they are free up to 10,000 emails a month, which is a ton! So to give the full custom power of connecting your domain and sending out, that's a huge value. I will get over that limit and upgrade soon, but that is an incredible way to start a relationship. Almost a year of free service to use their system versus my server.

I actually have not found anything that I do not like. Many will complain about high bounce rates or going into spam. I find that issue arrises on multiple factors outside of mailgun control, such as the receiving server, and the mail habits of the person opening it, do they get a bunch of spammy mail already? And was the mail piece written in a poor nature, this increases spam folder direction, however, they do have dedicated IP service for those wanting to mitigate one area of cause for spam direction. Again, never been my experience.

Luke
Founder in Duitsland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Software Gone Greedy

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Outside of them changing their payment tier / plan system I haven't had any issue with Mailgun. I always found their customer service great and the product itself to be fantastic and does exactly what it's supposed to. I just really wish they brought back the routing feature to the free tier.

Great API, Super easy to integrate into various types of website / webapp setups. I previously used Mailgun for a variety of different integrations and never had any issues. Complete frictionless integration from beginning to end.

I dislike that the features we used to get for free are now hidden behind a paywall. Features such as routing emails I find to be rudimentary and were previously built into the free / pay as you go tier. Now it is locked behind the $35 dollar tier. This is a pain for small businesses that want to accept a few emails from a professional email with their own domain. Now to unlock that feature they must over commit to a tier with an allowance of 10k plus emails a month. This I feel has squeezed many small businesses out of using their service and it has definately moved me from recommending & using them in future as I would have previously for my smaller clients.

Clement
ceo in Frankrijk

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Worst email product and support ever used (RUN AWAY)

1,0 2 jaar geleden

sub-accounts management (before getting suspended for no reason)

Mailgun disables your account after 6 months working on integrating with it ; out of nowhere, for no reason. + they keep billing you every month (over 600$ at this stage) even though your subscription mentions that you're at 0$/month. When you're trying to reach out to the support, they close our tickets without even answering, ghosting. Absolutely WORST product ever used and support team faced, it's absolutely garbage. This goes without saying that Mailgun way of coding emails is terrible, their delivrability is one of the worst of the market. Do yourself a favor, go to sendgrid. Mailgun SUCKS.

Lucas
Lucas
Creative Director in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Bare-bones but super reliable and easy to use.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use several different email service providers, each for a different reason. I use Mailgun almost exclusively for inbound mail processing. The inbound processing also offers a preliminary spam filter so that at least most of the spam isn't sent further down my process chain. It's super easy to set up inbound routes using specific strings or wildcard matches that will accept mail and forward to multiple different recipients. These recipients can be either proper email addresses or webhook endpoints. I often use the address forwarders in combination with the SMTP outbound service to build a system where Gmail users can use their free gmail.com account to receive and send emails from their small business domain without having to sign up for and configure a proper G Suite account. I use the webhook forwarders in combination with Zapier and Integromat to receive any emails that need to be processed and automatically acted on. Mailgun normalizes all the different types of email and attachment encodings and packages the message data into an easy-to-parse JSON package that makes it super easy for me to grab what I need and reliably act on the normalized data.

Inbound mail processing with spam filter Free tier offers great sending limit SMTP and API integration for outbound messaging

This product doesn't offer any sort of backend mail building or sending functionality. It's only an engine for sending messages. This means you'll have to build your messages somewhere else and integrate them into your sending code.

Chandan
Chandan
Marketing Manager in India

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Helps you land into prospect's inbox

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Mailgun is a comprehensive email marketing service that provides businesses with the tools they need to create effective email campaigns and ensure deliverability. Its advanced features make it a popular choice for businesses of all sizes looking to improve their email marketing efforts.

The DMARC record validation and domain verification process is so smooth and generous that it increases your chance of landing in your prospect's inbox by almost 100%.

The pricing is higher than any other competitor products.

Andreas
Founder/Owner in Duitsland

Great and reliable

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Mailgun for a while now and we really like it.Currently we're using it as a standard for all our transactional mailings on new projects.Also, when we experienced difficulties and reached out to the support, we've been amazed about their qualified response that helped us not only solving the problem (mail deliverability) but also to improve the quality of our emails.

+ API mailing+ driver for laravel+ triggers / webhooks+ price/value+ easy setup and integration+ easy deployment on new domains+ fixed IP address if needed+ good support and best practise+ reliable

- logs can not be exported- bad UI for mobile admin access- sometime uses burnt-out IP addresses

Roger
Customer Service in VS
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Solid + Dependable; I recommend; long time user

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great team, knows their stuff, reliable service.

Very reliable service for a good price. We use for transactional emails for sales lead captures, dispatched via API. Solid and reliable.

No concerns, long time user. We probably have some ancient price, so I cannot comment on that.

Arkadiusz
Arkadiusz
IT Project Manager in Polen

High Deliverability

5,0 7 maanden geleden

A clean interface is a plus, but functionality is still limited compared to Mandrill. However, the core functionality—transactional emails—works very well and seamlessly.

Very basic interface and limited options compare to competition.

Nujan
Nujan
Managing Director in Nepal
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Best for transactional email and accurate email delivery.

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Best for overall email solution, You won't regret paying.

We've been using mailgun since few years and it's one of our most used and essential software for out business. It seamlessly integrate with any system and provides fast and accurate email delivery solution. Since we've been using mailgun it's very rare that email sent from our system goes to spam folder. Also, with their dedicated IP option email delivery and white listing is even more easier.

Mailgun email tracking feature is not that accurate and also I personally found and reported bugs into the system UX.

Todor
Helpdesk agent in Bulgarije
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great e-mailing platform

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is helping our business with one of the core services we provide which is OTP verifications

SImple and user friendly interface. Cheaper than most competitors

You can not search the logs with the email content

Software Engineer in Zimbabwe
Online media, 51-200 werknemers

Mailgun Review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: All of our company's websites utilize Mailgun for email marketing purposes. We've even implemented Mailgun for our customers and strongly suggest it. Email delivery problems have been solved thanks to Mailgun. There is no need for us to use the e-mail server provided by [our hosting server]. Email delivery was a major problem for some of our customers who were hosted with well-known shared hosting providers like GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc. One of Mailgun's best features is that messages can be monitored in real-time, and if they fail to send for any reason, the specific cause is shown in the log.

Sending an email to someone takes no time at all, and you can even set up a queue for thousands of messages. If you need to contact a large group of people with one message, this is a great feature to have (e.g., newsletter subscribers, marketing emails to clients, etc.). With its help, your emails are more likely to reach their intended recipients and are less likely to end up in the spam or junk folders. The Mailgun reports and logs feature is excellent. If an email couldn't be delivered successfully, what are the exact reasons why? Sometimes, if we can determine the cause, we can work to fix the problem.

The WordPress plugin for Mailgun could use some work. It needs to have more options made available to users. Our email volume isn't particularly large, but we'd still like to have a dedicated IP address for our outgoing mail. A dedicated IP's high price tag is unjustifiable. fixing the problems that have arisen with sending emails to Hotmail or Outlook.com. Deliveries are made, but the junk/spam folder is where most emails end up.

Fast, Reliable and Affordable Email Provider

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Mailgun for almost 80% of our email system, we stopped providing email directly from our servers due to DDOS and mailgun really helped us out!

The best would be their free tier, they recently changed their free tier but you still get free 1k+ emails per month. This is thier "pay as you use" tier. Very usefull if you're still new as you get all the features of a paid service. Very cheap even when you exceed the free emails.

I wish they have a lower tiered plan like $5 or $10 a month for low traffic sites. As a developer not all sites needs 10k emails a month.

Adrian
Founder in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Mailgun is awesome

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Easy to deploy, they even have an iOS SDK. I use it to deliver automated emails for my app (welcome emails, password reset, announcements, etc).

There are currently no cons for me with this software.

Unacceptable

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Unreliable. The one thing that an email services cannot be.

Not worth my time to post any pros with their software. Same functionality as competitors.

Our email has been down this whole morning. No explanation or response from Mailgun. After many unsuccessful attempts to log in to our Mailgun account, we got a popup saying "We are migrating some systems" -- no warning of this in beforehand either. Email is a very critical part of our business. We assumed Mailgun would be a reliable partner — apparently not. Please stay away from Mailgun. I can’t recommend this to anyone having a serious business. There are more reliable and cheaper alternatives out there.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
Web Developer in Maleisië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Finally, emails reaching their destination.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall great value for the free tier, 10.000 emails for free plus great deliverability and integration, great for Wordpress users.

When developing a custom PHP app or using Wordpress you often face the issue of your notifications and customer emails getting stuck or not passing the mails filters. This is a big issue, when for example you are sending out important information like an order confirmation or a ticket for your event and your users are not getting your emails or they are arriving into their SPAM folder. Mailgun has proved superb on improving email deliverability and their logs are super helpful as well, you can track what went wrong if anything. Their interface is easy to use and to the point. Moreover, their free tier gives you 10.000 emails for use, for free. Something great for companies doing product research, I found their API easy to use and easy to integrate with my projects, Wordpress being the easiest: a plugin + an API key/secret. Regarding Wordpress I found Mailgun the best amongst options tried for email deliverability.

Cost of the paid tiers is pricey if you compare with the alternatives. Everything in Mailgun goes through their API, so if you need a Full UI alongside the API this might not be the best choice.

Jessica
IT Manager and Client Success Partner in Filipijnen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Exceptional email software. You must try!

4,0 vorig jaar

The ability to connect to our internal system to send transactional emails and monitor activity are genuinely exceptional features that fully meet our criteria for email delivery, activity tracking, and technological solutions.

I have many complaints that come from not understanding the technical aspects of the software, which are too difficult for me to comprehend. I am unable to give a thorough opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of using the software or its user interface.

Christopher
Christopher
Marketing in VS
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Most reliable yet

5,0 5 jaar geleden

We've used a lot of solutions, we're a mid-sized business and don't send enough for our own IP, however, every other provider has not had great delivery due to that. Mailgun has been the first shared-IP provider to give us unbeatable performance.

Not being able to schedule emails more than 3-days in advance is a little bit of a downer, however, workarounds are simple.

Reliable

5,0 6 jaar geleden

I'm using mailgun for transnational emails and I'm very happy I never encountered any problem, the interface is very good and simple, I like the fact we can setup multiple domains in the same account. All in all it's the best!

Mailgun didn't notify me when my account was suspended for a verification and in that time I lost many emails that may have resulted in contracts if they were delivered! You need to check you account regularly to make sure everything is OK!

Hamza
Senior Manager in India
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

No Improvement

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Once, you were in a free trial your campaign ratio comes to 20% means, if you send campaign of 100 email it shows that 20 email were open but it was not, ideally if you test the service with your own testing ID's. Suppose if you were login to eight email address and check the email to one email address, it shows open to that eight email address which is not accurate

I understand that it is very difficult to share accurate ratio but if you are unable to share the accurate ratio, you should not share the incorrect ratio

Greg
Owner in VS
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Mailgun is great!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I have been super satisfied with using Mailgun to handle all the mail processing from my website.

Mailgun has a great API and ability to configure just about anything you need when it comes to sending email. Their UI is very clean and it isn't super cluttered with things you don't need. It was easy to find what I was looking for and easy to configure the settings.

Honestly, I haven't been able to find something that I haven't liked about using Mailgun. It is really a solid platform.

E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

Cost Effective Email Solution

5,0 6 jaar geleden

1) Customer Support, through the inbuilt ticketing channel is very prompt and often resolves queries within the first attempt. Even if you're running the account primarily on free credits. 2) Seems to be reasonably priced if you need to send more than 10,000 emails a month

1) Delivery reports are saved for only 30 days, and doesn't have a CSV download option with delivery statuses. 2) Dedicated IP address is prohibitively expensive

good for Transactional email and more

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Mailgun's system is set up so well, and their SDKs for different languages are so complete, that these days I add a domain, add a Ruby gem, and my new Rails project has transnational email ready to go, highly deliverable, and I just don't worry about it after that. It just works.

Jonathan
Magician in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Feature rich, strong support team

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, a very good experience. Mailgun was definitely a very competent software and tool for dealing with the complex nature of sending out mass marketing emails successfully.

In my previous work as Director of Operations of a medical software company, I worked with the development team to implement and utilize the software. A lot of the technical side of things was over my head, but the mailgun support team was top notch and integral to us executing on a successful deployment of automated emails at a scale far greater than anything we had tackled before.

Most of my gripes are simply due to lack of understanding - a lot of the software was quite technical in nature and over my head. But I can't really speak in detail to any pros/cons of directly interacting with the software or its user interface.

Tóbiás
Hongarije
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

My transactional mail provider

5,0 6 jaar geleden

I have searched a cheap, but reliable transactional mail provider for my various products, finally found it, and use it with delight.

I would be fond of a service if I can make responsive newsletters from templates with this provider.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Easy to set up

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It's been easily customized for our applications. Bulk emails out to users with the ability to read responses. I've been happy with this product

None. It has served us well for all our purposes