Powerful and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019
Linda H.
Sales Agent
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Pluspunten: Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Minpunten: It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

Secure Organization

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2019
HR & Operations Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

Pluspunten: I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Minpunten: Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience.

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Jeffrey S.
Director of Marketing
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Minpunten: The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Egnyte for superintendents

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019
Jose M.
Superintendent
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used it in my previous job in Beverly hills as a Superintendent to get pictures of day to day work to my Project managers.

Pluspunten: Very easy to load up a large quantity of pictures at one time.

Minpunten: ouldn't do other things like Daily Reports or Schedules

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Beoordeeld op 25-8-2019
Sofia G.
Research, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

Minpunten: The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity.

Easy and Efficient

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Saad S.
Purchasing Manager
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Pluspunten: Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Minpunten: It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

Very Capable Software for Document Security and Sharing

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Lee S.
Director of New Projects
Biotechnologie, 51-200 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Great!

Pluspunten: Very robust software for storing documents in the cloud. Allows everyone to access latest versions. Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files. Lastly, having desktop file access makes using very seamless. It's just like using your regular (C:) drive.

Minpunten: Sharing capability has to be done through the online site. It would be nice to be able to get a sharing link straight from the desktop file system.

Excellent for small company with several remote workers

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Purchasing Inventory Manager
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our switch to Egnyte was a great decision and would recommend any other company to do the same.

Pluspunten: We have several remote workers in our company, and this allows everyone to access the same folders. Easily downloads and syncs onto your computer. We switched to Egnyte after our server was dying, and this proved to be an affordable, secure solution to our digital files. It's easy to customized access to different users, allowing for private HR and accounting files.

Minpunten: If you are accessing from the website (rather than downloading), it can be slow. It defaults to sending everyone in the company a ton of emails, which can easily be turned off but can be annoying at first.

Keeps all records in one place

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Linda H.
Sales Agent
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All team members file all our contracts, all documents from our clients and even each team member has their own personal folder

Pluspunten: This product keeps all our records from all team members in one place. It makes it easy to see if we already have contact with a client, file all contracts, and also we can securely share files with clients

Minpunten: I have no complaints, this is a very expandable product. It has served well in organizing all our client records

File sharing made easy

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019
Anupriya G.
Sr Manager
Public relations en communicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is extremely easy to share large amount of data/files across users on cloud
- Can be divided among groups
- Notifications when changes/edits are made make it is easy to track for the admins
- Safe and secure
- Even on mobile version, file access is fast

Minpunten: -Compared to Dropbox, the user interface is less pretty but the features make up for that part
-Tough to track of the content view - who has viewed versus who has not

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2018
Beth M.
Managing Partner
Juridische dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Pluspunten: Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Minpunten: Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

We couldn't work without it

Beoordeeld op 23-5-2019
Operations
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pluspunten: Is everything an acceptable response?
Easy to setup - easy to use
Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders
Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other).
Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi
Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Minpunten: I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

Absolute must for fast growing companies

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2018
CMO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Egnyte and its various integrations is an absolute must for a shared file system in any startup. As a growing company, employees have their favorite tools - Engineers seem to prefere Google, Marketing and Sales and Administrative generally need MS Office, etc. Egnyte allows everything to be accessible from a single interface. "where is that slide deck? was it Google Drive or One Drive or just local to your computer?" is a major problem in a fast moving, growing company. Egnyte solves that as part of everyday business. User administration is simplified with straight forward AD integration and also key is inviting outside consultants to share documents is trivial as well. All huge workflow advantages.

Minpunten: The robust feature set can sometime confuse folks who's user behavior has been set by Google Drive or OneDrive (or even Box or DropBox).

Drive software for corporate business

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
Rikke N.
Junior Production Designer
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pluspunten: Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Minpunten: It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2018
Localisation Engineer
51-200 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud.
This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light.
Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared.
Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Minpunten: - While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection.

Egnyte is helpful

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2018
Nicole T.
Legal Assistant
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using egnyte for some time now and I find it to be secure to contain all of my clients information easy-to-access anytime I need to look up there paperwork and well worth the price for all that I gained from using the software I recommended egnyte for other law practices

Pluspunten: Egnyte is a great software to store files it is very user-friendly I have a lot of clients within my law practices and anytime I need to find a police report disclosure or any other information that I need everything is easily stored and Egnyte I have found it to be the best site for file story

Minpunten: Sometimes it appears that there are duplicate files created and causes a little confusion when I'm searching for just one document within the search bar this has been a little frustrating but it doesn't happen often and it hasn't changed the fact that I really enjoy using egnyte software

Nice platform with good management tools

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Nik K.
HR Manager
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Pluspunten: I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Minpunten: I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2019
Tom Y.
Senior Front-End Developer
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Pluspunten: Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

Minpunten: The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Easy to use, great price, excellent customer service

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Manager, Member Relations & Administration
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Offers easy to use cloud computing storage. Makes collaborating on documents within our team a breeze and gives us piece of mind being able to save everything on the cloud so no work will be lost in case of computer failure. Customer service is outstanding!

Minpunten: Used to offer an easy automatic backup for your personal computer drives, which is no longer offered. Wish they'd bring that back. If you want to view photo thumbnails without opening each photo, it can take a little while to load.

Still missing key features but overall pretty good

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2017
Cao-quy N.
System Adminsitrator
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Customer support answers in a timely manner, features keep getting added, feature request that you asked for will get added in the future sometimes, syncing local NAS drives to the cloud, versioning of files and restoring of files.

Minpunten: Sometimes features that you request will get ignored, navigating through the website is slow, common sense features like deleting multiple links are left out. The trash bin is very slow response, deleting shared links is very tedious, user run reports are out dated.

Egnyte

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019
Virtual Design Construction Estimator
Bouw, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Minpunten: At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

Awesome once you learn it!

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2017
Marie debbie K.
Project Analyst
Machine- en installatiebouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Egnyte on a day to day basis, and it is a great package for cloud storage of all files, and for collaboration between teams.
The reports are awesome, you can pull up exact details about your users and what files they have accessed and when.
However, you need an Admin that knows the ins and outs in order to take full advantage of all the great features.
Overall it is a great software with a very helpful customer service, also their training videos are awesome and very helpful.

Pluspunten: Put together well, lots of options

Minpunten: The learning curve is steep

Egnyte Database

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020
John W.
Biotechnologie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Happy with the service they provide. The software is simple and efficient.

Pluspunten: Really happy using this product. It is our company's primary data repository and offers us an efficient way to manage our data. As a user, setup was incredibly easy with just a link to follow and within a minute I had a z-drive set up and and it was just like accessing a normal folder on my hard drive. Happy to be using it. It is simple and efficient, yet powerful.

Minpunten: Didnt work so well over the web as there appears to be default privilege restrictions in editing/changing folders but once a z drive is set up it was fine

Best hybrid storage solution

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018
Keith S.
Operations Manager
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Use it daily as my primary file server.

Pluspunten: Hybrid solution of cloud with local storage and sync. Best for companies that rely on local files instantly synced to cloud. Microsoft server support, NAS support, desktop sync with all the permission and rules from AD or Egnyte.

Minpunten: Price and mobile tools/ apps. iOS app not as full featured as competitors. Slow to build relationships with other apps and software.

Great document manager

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
Delaney M.
foreman
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very, very easy to organize and manage file, doc, pdfs. super easy to move them around and download. I really like how you can send invites for others to view a document.

Pluspunten: I love that is can make multiple folders and put permission on it. I like how i can construct a filing system that meet the job needs/criteria and able to keep it a standard.

Minpunten: the favorite star, it never seems to work for me to go to a shortcut folder fast