Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Animoto

Online videobouwer voor het maken en sociaal delen van virtuele rondleidingen, marketing- en diavoorstellingsvideo's.

Meer informatie over Animoto

128 reviews worden weergegeven

James M.
Director of Social and Digital Media
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2018

"If you need to crank out marketing video fast and with few resources Animoto is your go to solution."

Opmerkingen: Fast and easy way to generate dynamic content from assets submitted by non-professionals. Also a great way to quickly generate Social Media specific video content by professionals as well.

Pluspunten: While we produce longer form video using editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere we still value our Animoto subscription to create something fast and flashy. For seasonal or holiday-based promotions or events, they have some great 'themed' backgrounds. We really get use out of Animoto when we have people share their photos and cell phone videos from events we can't attend and then we are able to quickly generate fun and engage videos that really capture the event. Being able to create 'square' aspect ration videos easily is enormously useful if your primary distribution is on Social Media. Just as great is the ability to go back and re-edit the video in 16x9 quickly and easily for display on a monitor or video wall.

Minpunten: Most of the music that Animoto has for its videos get ads placed on them when used on YouTube so we don't use them anymore and instead either upload youtube safe music from youtube or from royalty free music we purchase or own. Animoto has made great strides in creating some of their square and marketing video templates but could use some more holiday/seasonal and general styles as it has been a while since I've seen some new exciting themes.

• Beoordeeld op 16-1-2018
Paola P.
Guest Relations
Fotografie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018

"Stunning slideshows in minutes"

Opmerkingen: I use Animoto on a daily basis to produce slideshows for wedding photography clients.

Pluspunten: Its ease of use is definitely the best thing about this software. I can easily create a slideshow in a couple of minutes with a template video (something that I wouldn't even know how to do outside of Animoto), add licensed music, and tweak it, including the speed at which the images are shown and the order. This whole process used to take me at least 40 minutes and involved different sofware tools. Plus, if I had to correct a small detail of it, I would need to create everything again from scratch, and though I could save my project as I was working on it, I would need to export new versions every single time. Animoto creates videos in different sizes AND uploads them to a custom link at the same time, saving me countless hours of work.

Minpunten: Well this is not actually Animoto's fault, but I wish I could use or upload different songs, particularly those that my clients are more familiar with. I understand this is not possible because of copyright issues, but in some countries outside of the US clients do ask for slideshows with different music choices, just for their personal use. However, this only happened a couple of times and the music options that Animotoo offers are plenty, so we were always able to give them something they would like instead. Sometimes, I felt that part of a clip could use some shortening or that I didn't want to add that particular bit, and this is not something that we can edit. Although I was able to choose a different one altogether since Animoto is designed to be quick and easy to use it lacks some customization capabilities that would be nice to have.

• Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018
Senior Game Designer, Instructional Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2019

"Slideshow Wizardry"

Opmerkingen: Wanted to like, and I don't actually think this is a BAD app, it's just that I'm a creative control-freak and Animoto has JUST enough customisation that I was tricked by the illusion of choice. Another app, "M," has a mode with zero control except for the photos you choose. You can't even change the order. And knowing that, it's easier to accept the not-controllingness bit. But a few TINY choices make this a "Thanks but no thanks!" for me. :/

Pluspunten: I can't lie: if one were motivated to produce a not-quite-narrative--an advert or "spring break memories!" type video, a tutorial, even--in a few minutes, it would be fine. Animoto lets you drop your media into a box that you then distribute across their templates (which are fine) or into a from-scratch video, and boom.

Minpunten: It's not very powerful and hasn't many options--which is fine in some cases. You can change fonts and the order of your media. Something about the way their fonts lay in the video is just UGLY, though. Their animations are... hmm. And their templates only seem to look decent if one's media is professionally-shot. If you have an idea in mind (ie narrative notions or original editing style), skip this one. If you like using animated gifs, keep on looking. (NOTE: You CAN import a gif, it's just that it won't be animated in your video.) Also, the layout of the web app is pretty but not very intuitive.

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2019
Nancy J.
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020

"Stay far away if you cancel and want your money back. "

Opmerkingen: Customer service is terrible. Like a few other people they will not refund your money. I canceled it the day it was due only because I forgot about it and can't afford the $264 they are taking out. I quit using this over 9 months ago. During this pandemic you would think they would have a little compassion not this company. Now they have taken food out of my family's mouth. Great job .

Pluspunten: The ease of using it was ok. But got bored with it and changed to something else less expensive.

Minpunten: Didn't like the way the videos turned out.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020
Kathleen C.
Marketing Director
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2020

"Look like a video pro"

Opmerkingen: I was up and running the very first time I tried the app. I created a great 30 sec video for our Facebook page which generated over 26K views. The video looked great, and was so easy to make. Animoto is a great resource for anyone who wants to make professional looking videos in flash!

Pluspunten: The ease of creating high quality videos extremely fast without using complicated video editing software. Animoto provides a variety of templates that can easily be adapted. You can change fonts and basic color themes, and in the paid version, upload your logo to brand all your videos. I didn't have a lot of videos on hand, but I did have lots of still images. With Animoto, all I had to do was upload photos and place in suggested frames within a theme. I could move things around, sync with music and export the movie in a variety of formats. All very simple.

Minpunten: I don't have complete control! I can't make some minor adjustments. Example: text can be places in one of several "zones" within a frame. It's not possible to move the text a nudge! Although there are lots of templates, I wish there were more! Sometimes I need a hybrid type of video...in between "memories" and "marketing."

• Beoordeeld op 1-2-2020
BDC-Social Media Coordinator
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

"Animoto can do basics"

Pluspunten: It's very easy to use.
Just plug in your pics and/or video.
Sized already to fit social media

Minpunten: Not enough templates for the price.
Price is too high for what's offered

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019
Cadence M.
Photographer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019

"Best slideshow maker in the industry! "

Opmerkingen: I've used animoto for many years to make surprise sneak preview videos for my clients from their photo sessions. Everyone loves them! It adds a nice touch to the overall client experience :)

Pluspunten: Great variety of fun designs, easily incorporate branding, fast and easy to create memorable videos for clients

Minpunten: If you make a lots of videos like I do, it's a great value for the cost. But if you only make videos occasionally or are just starting a business then it might be a little too expensive.

• Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019
Director of Digital Marketing
Horeca, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020

"Great video editing software"

Opmerkingen: Animoto makes video editing easy and accessible for those without a formal background.

Pluspunten: If you’ve ever used Canva for graphic design, consider Animoto the Canva for video editing. I love how easy Animoto makes it to create, edit and cut videos. We need to create video often for social media and Animoto helps us do so quickly without going through the process, time or cost of working with a video editor.

Minpunten: I do wish Animoto had a free version that allowed users to make videos without a watermark, similar to how Canva works. We would be willing to pay for add-ons like b-roll if there were a free version without watermarks. However the paid plans are very affordable so we just decided to upgrade.

• Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020
Kimberly R.
teacher
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

"Animoto Movie"

Opmerkingen: Overall, for what I use it for, it works as a "book talk" to tease kids and get them interested to read books.

Pluspunten: I like that you can make a "teaser" movie to get kids excited about a topic or book. This is a more interesting way to get them interested in reading things.

Minpunten: I wish you could have a little longer time to make free videos.
Uploading all the pics can take a little time find.

• Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Roxana C.
Social Media Professional
Management non-profit organisaties, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-3-2020

"The most professional videos in minutes"

Opmerkingen: It's been amazing. Super easy to put together your pictures, logos, videos into a high quality video with great flow and headings.

Pluspunten: It's SO easy to use. You don't have to be an expert video editor to create very professional and visually pleasing videos for your platforms anymore. They do all the heavy lifting for you.

Minpunten: Can't think of anything! Really enjoy using this tool to create videos for our social media platforms.

• Beoordeeld op 25-3-2020
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-10-2018

"Image Slideshow to Music Creation App"

Opmerkingen: Overall, adds another element to the classroom. I have also used Animoto to put together slideshows of my daughters that come out really well. Love the ability to share easily through a multitude of options including social media such as Twitter and Facebook.

Pluspunten: I remember when Animoto first came out. I was using it in the classroom with students to curate their images for various assignments (book trailers, public service projects, social media campaigns) etc. This was something they enjoyed. There are workarounds to do similar things, like using Google Slides or PowerPoint, or iMovie, but this takes the guesswork out of it. A simple tool to be able to merge images and video into a slide presentations/slideshow and overlay music to it. Comes out very professional looking. Students enjoy sharing these as it requires minimal movie editing experience and is a lot easier than iMovie. If you are using a LMS, I love how you can embed this inside it! Another way for teachers to be creative in how they deliver the content to their students.

Minpunten: There aren't a lot of features or customization, but it is pretty straightforward in that you add images, add video, and ick a song. The rest is done by Animoto. There are templates to choose from as well, but would be nice to have a few more features/animations to make it more personal.

• Beoordeeld op 31-10-2018
Post Wedding Specialist
Fotografie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018

"We create custom videos that are more than a simple slideshow, and our clients love them"

Opmerkingen: Using this to deliver slideshow videos to clients for a photo studio.

Pluspunten: The templates are my favorite part of this software, by far. These include short clips of video, which make a slideshow that would otherwise be just a collection of photos set to music, a much more interactive piece of content that our clients love sharing on social media and with their friends. I love how easy it is to add photos, pace them, decide whether they'll be automatically ordered and paced or if I want specific timeframes, etc. I also think the music that comes with this is very nice and it almost always fits our galleries' themes.

Minpunten: Though the templates are the whole point (and, again, one of my favorite aspects of this solution) I would also like to be able to produce the regular kind of slideshow, which I now have to go to other software such as iMovie to make. I have found that adding a solid block of text is not as easy as it maybe could be, and I also have to do it separately. Other than that, no complaints!

• Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018
Abigail N.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018

"I LOVE this Software"

Opmerkingen: Creating promo videos for my client was a breeze, it was easy to create a simple but neat and attractive video using images, video clips, and some background music.

Pluspunten: I knew of Animoto but had never used until my client (A photographer in Melbourne) suggested using it to create a promo video with images she had taken during one of her event photography gig. At first I was skeptical and was considering using Lumen 5 for that since I've used it for a while and I'm very comfortable with it. But Wow, Animoto is definitely 100 times better than Lumen 5. The interface is smooth, it's easy to use, it allowed me to upload images and videos to use. It also let me create "Quotes" as opposed to a "text" slide that's simply a text and the background color. I also like how the text element has an option for Title and subtitle, I also love how I can change the font size, spacing etc.

Minpunten: Animoto is perfect although I wouldn't say no to the ability to crop an uploaded video, especially when the final exported video has to be within a specific time frame.
My client wanted a video no less than one minute but the video she had was over 3 minutes. I had to use Movavi to cut the video before uploading it to Animoto

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018
Nelleke P.
Dolcevia.com, Italian food and travel, largest online presence in Dutch speaking countries
  • Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018

"We make photovideo´s for our clients and post them online"

Opmerkingen: Use it all the time, its easy and beautiful results

Pluspunten: Its easy and the results are really great looking, our clients are very happy. Lots of choice in templates and lettertypes, colors, possibilities. Well I say lots but in any case plenty enough for my purpose. We make presentations for small hotels and B & B´s and display them on their webpages, it really makes for an easy but fabulous presentation. It took a while to figure out how it all works, but in the end its really simple. The share functions are super easy and everything seems to work just fine. I even uploaded my own music for the first time, which also works fine. Although there are lots to choose from in the library.

Minpunten: Support is a bit difficult, no online chat. I would like it if settings could be stored as favorites, as I forget which settings I like best. There also doesnt seem to be a duplicate button, which would be usefull. I also miss a help button or a how to guide, which would have saved me lots of time in the beginning.

• Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018
Founder and President
Sport, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-10-2018

"Produces great slideshows and videos - overpriced"

Pluspunten: Easy to drop in video clips and photos to make really cool promo videos! We've used this for years - but only because they give us a discount on the pricing. We do love the software and the quality of videos produced. Can use their library of music or import your own. Best part is that they automatically sync to the rhythm and speed of your music so your photo transitions attractively flow with the background.

Minpunten: It's overpriced. They used to do a non-profit pricing package at discount, now we have to apply for that every year.....with more competition in the market, I don't know if we will continue to be willing to pay this or not to be honest.

• Beoordeeld op 15-10-2018
Director of Consulting Services
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-9-2018

"Anyone can make compelling videos with Animoto"

Opmerkingen: Positive experience making professional videos with this quick, user-friendly software.

Pluspunten: Extremely user friendly software with reasonable pricing. Animoto is highly accessible and would be a great video development tool for people with limited video/design experience, or people with limited time. My team uses Animoto to create product/campaign launch videos for clients, as well as promotional videos for our own services. If you have a handful of images or video clips ready to go, you can create a short compelling video in as little as twenty minutes!

Minpunten: Customization of video templates is pretty limited (in terms of style, speed, layout, amount of content per slide, fonts, etc.). Templates are still great considering the ease of use and low cost. Sometimes it's challenging to fit a full thought onto a slide due to the limited number of characters Animoto allows in a line of text... but that's probably a good thing to keep videos from becoming text-heavy.

• Beoordeeld op 9-9-2018
Esther G.
Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

"Drag and drop video compiler"

Opmerkingen: I like it because they provide the templates, but for a business tool, I think it's way too expensive for such limited editing and no scrubbing capabilities. I spend hours just previewing because there's no scrub feature.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to import photos and videos and create a basic slide show

Minpunten: 1) The price is higher than some other editors out there. 2) getting the music timing right is a guessing game bc they don't have a scrub feature 3) previews take a LONG time to load, and you can't scrub, so if you need to test something at the end, you have to watch the entire video to get there every time.... this takes a VERY long time to do.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018
Michelle S.
Owner/Photographer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019

"easiest slideshow creator"

Opmerkingen: I've been using Animoto for nearly 10 years now. What started out as a simple tool to create photo slideshows to help boost sales (I'm a photographer) has turned into a BIG part of my marketing process. Videos are HUGE nowadays, and Animoto allows me to create custom slideshows with licensed (non-cheesy) music, which are easily shared out on clients' social media sites, etc. (Word-of-mouth marketing that actually gets people's attention.) And with their new marketing templates, I can now quickly create how-to videos, informational videos, and other things that are Facebook and Instagram-ad ready!

Pluspunten: Super easy and quick to create custom photo slideshows and marketing videos, with template dimensions being instantly adjustable to SQUARE format to better fit Instagram.

Minpunten: I've been using this software for nearly 10 years (and still love it), but have noticed that the license-free music library has gotten significantly less impressive over the years. Many of my favorite songs have disappeared, with not much to replace them.

• Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Terra G.
Director of Operations
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019

"In love!"

Pluspunten: Some of the easiest video making software around. Use one of their templates or start from scratch and customize how you want. Yes, there are some limitations but I've done social media marketing videos, wedding videos, even a silly one about my dogs, and they all look professional. There are tons of music choices, fonts, colors, slide effects...it's just great all around and really easy to use.

Minpunten: As with most companies, you have to pay more for the good stuff like premium templates. The character max when you want to add text is very low. It resizes your pictures for you when you don't want it to. Little annoyances you end up having to find your way around but again, worth it.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Sorin A.
Marketer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019

"Quickly create cool marketing videos"

Opmerkingen: I've used Animoto for marketing videos over the years. The render time is fast, the templates are ok and the interface is probably the best I've ever used.

Pluspunten: I enjoyed the clean and easy to understand interface. Without it, I would've abanded it a long time ago. The timeline feels snappy. The elements don't get in your way. And each template video is split into sections, which makes it easy to only edit what you need.

Minpunten: The templates are probably the weakest part of the tool. While it shows that they put in the effort, the overall result is beneath Canva templates, for example. Some work well, others are way too generic to be used as is. And it would take a long time to change most of it to make it usable.

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019
Technology Trainer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018

"Provides very polished videos with little effort."

Opmerkingen: I use this software to promote the schools and school programs in our school district.

Pluspunten: The quality of the videos are incredible. Everything is drag and drop, so adding videos and photos to a project is easy. There are music tracks to choose from, and you can also upload your own. Captions and titles can be easily added. There are quite a few templates to choose from, and I am usually able to find one that matches the theme and mood of the video I'd like to create.

Minpunten: I pay for the personal plan so I can download my videos in 720p. It is disappointing sometimes to see the templates that are not available to me because I am using a lower price paid plan. The animoto logo is still attached to the end of every video, even though I am a paid user. Usually that is reserved for the free plans, so it's very clear that animoto sees their personal plan is the no frills plan.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018
Event Planner
Evenementenbureaus, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

"Excellent Video Slideshow Creations for Small Business Owners"

Opmerkingen: It has allowed me to quickly create video content for my clients that I would never have had the time to conceptualize previously.

Pluspunten: Compile my clients event photos into a quick 3-4 minute video segment that I can send to them after they pay their final invoice.

Minpunten: I do not like the new pricing structures within the past couple years. It used to be a non-tiered plan and now it has three tiers with the lowest tier only offering 720 video, which is kind of a deal breaker for most. The next step up is nearly six times the cost of the lowest tier, which makes it not the most affordable for those that don't create more than a video a week.

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Assistant Professor
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-5-2018

"Great for educators! Think Digital Storytelling!"

Opmerkingen: Teachers can apply for a teacher account which gives the teacher and students the ability to create full-length videos.

Pluspunten: It is free and easy to use. Educators can request a free account which has more bells and whistles. It is a great tool for presentations and an introduction to video editing. Finally, it is a great tool for teaching the basics of digital storytelling.

Minpunten: The drawback of this tool is that it has the distracting watermark and you are limited to images if you want the free version. If you upgrade it is not much better so not really worth the money. Finally, videos can only be 30 seconds in length.

• Beoordeeld op 23-5-2018
Bonnie B.
Photographer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-5-2018

"Animoto is my go-to software for creating slide shows and social media ads."

Opmerkingen: High-quality slide shows and easy to put together social media advertisements.

Pluspunten: Animoto works hard to stay current with technology and continually offers updates and improvements to their software. I have used this software for ten years and it is invaluable for creating a high-quality slideshow or social media ad in a very quick fashion.

Minpunten: There's nothing to not like about this software. It's easy to use, and the finished results are fantastic.

• Beoordeeld op 12-5-2018
Instructional Coach (Instructional Design Team)
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Animated slideshows that feel like music videos"

Pluspunten: I first saw an Animoto at a friend's wedding over 10 years ago. It was pretty amazing. I turned into a fan and made a few 30 second trailers out of photos for friends of mine who ran small businesses locally. It was easy to make and the templates and music choices were pretty awesome.

Minpunten: I didn't like that the free version came out so grainy and lo-resolution, but I get it. How else are you going to pay for a product like Animoto? Premium subscriptions!

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019