Data tool for more established companies

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018
Advisory Board Member
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When working Mixpanel is fantastic. It can help companies see their acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and referral. But I think the product is primarily for more mature companies that have used queries and excel sheets in the beginning to make their initial KPI's. Don't use this from the get go as a startup. But use once you know exactly what you want to track, and get somebody on your team to be the super user of Mixpanel (data scientist) and do the same on the development team.

Pluspunten: Mixpanel can tell you a lot of things about your users. Especially the Signal feature is great – we've used it as a guideline instead of having a full time data scientist. You can also follow different cohorts of users and create funnels to see where these users fall of or not.

Minpunten: The dashboard function is not great. Besides that the system is pretty complex, so you really need to dive deep into the tutorials to understand how to use it.

Tracking user behavior is a must but we're still figuring out Mixpanel

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019
Maxim L.
Co-Founder
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We build a SaaS product and need some way of tracking and analyzing user behavior. Everyone talks about and recommends mixpanel, so we're trying to figure it out.

Pluspunten: The new UI is really nice (visually), I love how graphs look like
Mobile app is super snappy
Integration is easy
Automatic insights are actually useful

Minpunten: Building useful graphs can be challenging and sometimes counter-intuitive. Of course, I could watch all their education videos, but I simply don't have enough time. I think there's a lot that can be done in the "getting started quickly" category.
Also, I somehow can not pin a flow-diagram to the dashboard or even save it

I use Mixpanel every single hour a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year !

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018
Fayssal J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's the simplest way to track app usage.

Pluspunten: Sign-up was too easy and the free tier is very generous.
Installation was time consuming but this is mainly related to our codebase.
Segment integration is working like a charm.
The best app for setting up analytics for SaaS apps.

Minpunten: Emailing user experience should be reimagined and made much more intuitive to match the amazing user experience of the whole app.

Amazing platform perfect for data needs(specifically for eCommerce and phone applications)

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018
Viktor G.
Co-founder, VP of Operations
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Incredibly strong application for assessing data and customer behaviour - perfect for serving notifications and emails to customers and this is often overlooked to Mailchimp and other strictly-email marketing competitors

Pluspunten: -Incredible ability to send messages and emails with relatively no limitation
-Very robust reporting on success and outcome of particular events coded into platform
-AI and alerts activate on irregular activity
-Very, very secure in keeping data safe
-Many variables available to store and to track

Minpunten: -Somewhat difficult for new users and for trainees to use
-Very difficult to maintain parity between users and their account on other software through any changes(ie. wrong email address gets fixed)
-Reports are a bit tricky to create

Go-To Analytics

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2018
Co-Founder
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Mixpanel is the cleanest, most accurate analytics tool our team has used. We've tried Google Analytics, and other free services that have consistently shown us messed up data. Mixpanel is super easy to set up, it gives you the data you need in a digestable format and allows you to make quick decisions.

Minpunten: To be honest, I used to be quite upset with the pricing of this software but they have recently lowered the monthly costs and it is on-par with what I would expect to pay. Good job Mixpanel.

Management of digital marketing

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2018
Francesco B.
Chief Operating Officer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helped us manage the push and the DEM allowing us to do a / b testing and improve the performance of our instruments.

Pluspunten: The ability to send push notification and DEM directly from the same platform. The constantly improved features and support assistance.

Minpunten: The difficulty of implementation and the non-accuracy of data

Event tracking platform

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2018
Tiago O.
Inbound Manager
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My product team is heavy user. Being in the Marketing team, I appreciate the reports we get from it, they really provide a deeper understanding of what our customers actually do with our product

Pluspunten: It allows my product team to track the use and outcomes from each part of our platform. It's a must have for our product owners.

Minpunten: I can't really tell, as I'm not involved in the implementation, but my team says it could be made easier with a more intuitive set of features

The best user tracking tool

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The experience has been great. Although, I requested a refund once and it took a while.

Pluspunten: Mixpanel is best user tracking tool I have experienced. With Mixpanel, you can tell the last location a user used your product from, last action, last login - You can track so many things with it.

Minpunten: Mixpanel is very expensive from my experience but then I guess it is so because it is a very good software.

Better than Google Analytics

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Unlike Google Analytics, Mixpanel tracks everything and can help you understand your customers better

Pluspunten: I know a company that uses Mixpanel to track everything a customer does on their platform, including where they left off and also encountered an error. Mixpanel also shows you a customer's location.
You can also send targetted customer messages with Mixpanel

Minpunten: You will need a software developer to implement Mixpanel on your app or website. It's not something you can set up easily.

Incredibly powerful marketing tool with the best support engineers in the world

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2018
David K.
Marketing Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great advanced marketing software that allows you to send REALLY effective marketing messages if you know how to configure.

Pluspunten: The marketing tool is INSANELY powerful you can configure marketing messages or campaigns based on almost any data you can pipe in. The support engineers are the nicest, best support engineers on the planet (they have incredible depth of knowledge and explain in crazy detail). We see our Mixpanel marketing communications perform 4-5x better on average than our general email marketing messages.

Minpunten: It's so sophisticated and advanced it can be difficult to know where or how to get started. If you're looking for a "simple" marketing platform, this is not for you.

This is a must. If a client doesn't have a tool for user-side analytics, Mixpanel's my first choice.

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018
Erick J.
Growth Hacker
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: - Insights, insights, insights - if set up correctly, you can learn a ton about users
- big feature set
- allows to answer complex questions about usage and users (e.g. through behavioral cohorting)

Minpunten: - JQL skills required for many analytics use cases
- sometimes buggy
- very slow lately - I don't know what happened but the MP team must have made major changes to their tech stack - the tool has been really slow since March

Good tracking software

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2017
Antoine L.
Trafic Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It enables to track every customer on your platform and target them as you want. You can also have some insights and run campaign with a very precise and effective targeting.

Minpunten: Quite heavy to understand, not always very simple. Too much fonctionnality and no real segmentation.

Great even tracking platform

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2018
Adarsh R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Mixpanel lets me track how often users are performing a specific pattern of interactions with my websites/web apps. It makes it easy to visualize the frequency and incidence of these events, and use the data in conjunction with other platforms like Google Analytics.

Minpunten: There's a bit of a learning curve, especially if you haven't used a similar platform in the past. I have also found that certain ad-blockers might cause events not to register.

Valuable Tool for Understanding Your Customer's Behaviours in Depth

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2017
Co-Founder, Full-Stack Growth Marketer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Mixpanel is an invaluable tool for every marketing & product team. We were able to learn very useful insights about how our customers using our product which helped us identify areas for product improvement.

Minpunten: To get the maximum value from Mixpanel, it pays off to have a data analyst on your team. This can be hard for early / growing stage startups as they typically rely on few people executing multiple jobs.

So much data and So little time

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2018
Customer Support Representative
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ability to track all the different users on our system and truly analyze their journey within our product. As a Support Rep, I use mixpanel primarily to track users, see if they're able to function properly within our mobile app, so mixpanel is fantastic in this function and am sure provides much more to our team.

Minpunten: The User interface within Mixpanel can be a lot for first time users. Even using the product for a couple of months now and I'm still not fully aware of how well to use it. I wish I had more time to figure out the different functions and learn the system more but that would be it's only drawback, that it's not for beginners.

Great software once you get it going

Beoordeeld op 1-9-2018
Kristen K.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With mixpanel keeping me updated on the latest statistics I can enhance my business because I make more money if I know what people want instead of getting outdated information and leaving it up to guess work.

Pluspunten: I like getting answers as soon as I need them it's very on the go since statistics change constantly it's nice to have them easily available. Customer service is very friendly and when you're having issues bringing up your stats they can find them easily and help you out.

Minpunten: What I liked least is when going to sign up for an account for some reason their webpage makes your tablet crash repetitively and then keeps freezing up your browser so it was very hard to set up an account.

Track everything and anything

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2018
Tung F.
iOS Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I liked the feature that you can track the duration of the interaction. For example you can track how long does the user watches the Tutorial video as we did in our app. Though I noticed sometimes it returns wrong value, so for now I would stick to own duration calculations but still send to Mixpanel to track it. The integration is pretty simple, dashboard is nice.

Minpunten: Duration tracking is a bit wrong sometimes on iOS. The panel sometimes has delays but I guess it's normal.

Best analytics product there is but very expensive.

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018
iOS Developer
Computersoftware
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great analytics but the pricing is no longer worth it.

Pluspunten: Compared to others like Flurry and Amplitude there are much more features in Mixpanel. Lets you explore user profiles and see each users revenue and target push notifications to users with campaigns. Also lets you set properties on users so that you can enable features specific users and do A/B testing.

Minpunten: The pricing is way to high for anyone other then a large company they used to have a good free plan but the current free plan with its limits is useless for production apps.

Mixpanel review

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019
Deputy Director, Advocacy
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are an SaaS startup, and are trying to accomplish two things with Mixpanel: 1) understand for what and how our clients are using our system, so we can help them utilize ALL features; and 2) increase internal and external satisfaction by updating our knowledge base based on our Mixpanel data to reduce support tickets and increase client retention.

Pluspunten: Mixpanel is awesome and really helps you make the most of your website or platform. Flows and funnels are key to better understanding how people use our site and what paths they take to complete various tasks that we could make easier for them.

Minpunten: So far, there's really nothing I've discovered that I don't like about Mixpanel.

Reliable Data analytics tool with better data accuracy compared to free tools.

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2019
Business Intelligence Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mixpanel is costly and it's not so easy to learn and implement.

Pluspunten: Great tool to get the insights about the users and products. customer support is really good. Mixpanel is really good for Saas projects.

Minpunten: Costly.
Reports and dashboards are not so easy to create.
It would have been nice if there is a forecast feature based on the data.

Great analytic tool for tracking your data

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2018
Arthur M.
Product Manager
Facilitaire diensten, 13-50 werknemers

Pluspunten: - Perfect for Saas product
- Easy to use interface
- Love using funnels in order to track our users' behavior
- Also helps the R&D team tp surface bags

Minpunten: - Dashboard could be better
- Bettet collaboration options within the team

We use Mixpanel everyday to target and contact our users with push and newsletter.

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2017
Web Marketing Specialist
13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: What I like most about Mixpanel is the fact that I can target my users and I can check our performance very easily.

Minpunten: What I like least about Mixpanel is ab testing: they can only be started manually, and they can't be programmed.

Powerful tool if you can figure out how to use it

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2018
Design Lead
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: See conversion through my site, visually.

Pluspunten: It lets me see funnel conversion. Once funnels and events are set up, they're pretty easy to create and edit.

Minpunten: It's harder to use that it should be, should be easily used by non technical roles. Adding events to the site should be easily done without having to ask an engineer. Some simple things are hard i.e. "show me a a list of events that exist in our product"

Have used it for years on several projects

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017
Alex N.
Cofounder and CEO
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: They're way of handling user journeys and funnels are the best that I've seen. Build funnels in a few seconds.

Minpunten: Dashboards, one of their newer products, need a lot of work. Not at the point yet where it can replace dashboard-specific tools.

Mixpanel provides the kind of product analytics I need

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2017
Sunil C.
Product Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's quite easy to segment data. It's easy to tag what you want to measure. The UX is pretty nice.

Minpunten: It takes some time to use it fully. The training could be better. They need more use cases and help to get people to use it fully.