Solid Softphone for SIP calls

Beoordeeld op 5-4-2018
Melissa A.
IT Manager & Sales Executive
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The largest benefit to this software is connivence and cost effectiveness. Bria is compatible with many third party applications and most SIP providers will offer configuration support. The combined softphone and USB headset cost is much less than a VOIP phone / headset combo and has no desktop footprint.

Pluspunten: The Bria software is a functional and reliable SIP solution with robust features. I appreciate the per station licensing, it works well in my environment where we have a bit of fluidity in seating. Configuration is relatively easy, as long as you know your SIP credentials! Configuring the headset is also very simple if the user is diligent about using the device set up utility when changing headsets or USB ports. Support for click to call handlers from third party apps is only available in this paid version, the free version (x-lite) no longer supports this. The ability to transfer to outside lines directly or with a call first option is the main factor for our continued use of this software.

Minpunten: Customer support is difficult to reach and response for the cloud hosted version was not satisfactory. Updates to the configuration menu caused all our users calls to fail and support was uninformed about the changes and necessary configuration fixes. Individual Bria licenses should immune from such risks as the configuration is saved locally. This is a moderate concern for me, but combined with the lack of an online manual for Bria 5 online (4 was the last version available but can no longer be found on their site) I have given customer support a rating of one star.

Simply the best

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Oliver V.
Business Development | Co-Founder
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Besides the obligatory upgrade + smaller issues with transferring calls, my overall experience is overwhelmingly positive. We've used another softphone provider before and simply switched over completely to Bria after an endless road of issues. That road has come to an end now, and we're very happy with Bria.

Pluspunten: It just works - with any hardware you're using. Whether you're on a MacBook and have a $200 headset or simply use your smartphone, Bria is by far the best softphone we ever used.

Minpunten: They recently released a new version, Bria 5. For existing users of Bria 4, it was necessary to buy an upgrade since Bria 4 doesn't work anymore with recent Operating Systems. Was a bit of a cost, but paid with pleasure. Transferring calls between softphones does not always work. Was in touch with support before (they answer very quickly) but haven't got it figured out yet.

van CounterPath op 11-3-2019

Oliver thank you for taking the time to submit an amazing review. It's always great to hear form our customers. I will forward your feedback to our product team.

Great tool when you are out of office

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Planificador de producción
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: - Preferably it should be used with headphones to have a better experience with the clarity of sound.

Pluspunten: - You are comunicated with your people even when you are not at office.
- Is easy to use
- You can make internal calls (with extensions codes) or external calls.
- Works like a simple phone even you can call to hear your voicemails.
- You can have two phone lines.

Minpunten: - You need internet connectivity.
- You must have the application open in order to receive calls.
- If you have the application at the background, you may experience some troubles to take the call because the time of response is really slow.
-You can experiment unexpectedly closed because of the product have error in response time.

van CounterPath op 9-11-2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. To ensure Bria is running in the background please turn on Push? The following kbase article provides additional information that you may find useful. https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004151013-Bria-Mobile-Push-Checklist.

If you encounter an issue with Bria please work with our support team. Support tickets are submitted online at support.counterpath.com.

Integration and update

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Andre B.
System Analyst
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it works good. Stable and reliable are the words that explain Bria.

Pluspunten: What I most like in Bria is the integration with so many devices. My headphone has support to Bria, so it is easy to answer and make calls.

Minpunten: What I least like is the update. There is a new version that support what I need, but I have to purchase again to have access to the new functionalities.

van CounterPath op 19-12-2018

Andre thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It¿s great to hear our device integration works well for you. Have you considered moving to a subscription model? Bria Teams is a user based subscription which allows each user access to Bria on up to 3 devices including Desktop, Mobile and Tablet. Bria Teams uses a web-based provisioning dashboard to setup, deploy and manage your users. Bria Teams allows up to 5 SIP/XMPP accounts. Bria Teams also has subscription based features like Upgrades, Team Messaging and Screen Share capabilities. You can find more about Bria Teams and sign up for a trial here, www.softphone.com.

Secure, reliable softphone technology

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019
Miranda K.
Director of Communications
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using Counterpath products, including Bria, for nearly five years. It is a great, solidly performing, secure softphone.

Pluspunten: I love that the Counterpath team is always on top of updates and security patches for their product. This is my number one priority for a softphone tool. The product is affordable, lightweight, and easy to use.

Minpunten: Obviously, I wish it were free. But it is absolutely worth paying the extra for the premium free app over their free X-Lite offering.

van CounterPath op 12-9-2019

Miranda thank you for taking the time to submit an amazing review. It's great to hear our products are affordable, lightweight and easy to use.

the BRIA app works with windows based PC and after it is configured works great.

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2018
Cory E.
Security Integrations Specialist
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: good soltuion for SIP integration

Pluspunten: the app allows us to use a video intercom going through a SIP server to answer all of our doors at multiple buildings. this app provides 2 way communications as well as live video form the person standing at the door asking to gain entry

Minpunten: Support from BRIA is some of the worst i have ever tried to use. BRIA recently changed there support service and has not been able to help fix issues i ran into. BRIA had the fix i needed prior to the new support but will no longer provide any old files to help fix the issues

Great easy to use softphone

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2019
Quality Assurance
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use this for phone calls from customers and it's very easy to use with a lot of features and options. I also use it to troubleshoot/replicate customer issues. It's a great software that I like so much I suggest it to any customers looking for a softphone to use with my company's VOIP services

Pluspunten: Multiple accounts are easy to setup and manage, feature sets are easy to adjust for each line

Minpunten: I have no cons to report about this software, it fully meets my needs

van CounterPath op 22-1-2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great to hear Bria's features and ease of use are working for your organization.

This is a great program - simple and quick to use.

Mark S.
Barrister
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: If frees me from using expensive phones and can be operated easily

Pluspunten: It is very easy to set up. It allows simple address book information. It operates well with most other software. It does what I want and frees me from expensive landline & mobile calls

Minpunten: I would like to see better outlook integration. There was a great add on which I would like replaced. When my outlook contacts were migrated many contacts are given the name "Mr" or "Mrs". This is an obvious non name field and the software should recognise it.

I wish we would have kept this software in my office

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Account Manager & Team Leader
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In the last year my company moved away from using this software and I truly miss it. Unfortunately, that was not my call.

Pluspunten: The customer service was great to work with. Call recordings were easy to find.

Minpunten: There is nothing I have to complain about with this software.

van CounterPath op 29-11-2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback helps us improve our products and services and the overall customer experience. Sorry to hear your company moved away from our software. Did we change something that no longer works for your organization such as licensing model, pricing, functionality?

The product does want you expect from it and looks great

Business Development Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The bria gives you a freedom in usage, so you don't need a standard phone anymore. I love using it on my celphone, and on my computer.

Pluspunten: It's easy in use and has got everything you need, so the need of a lose phone is not needed anymore. There are even functions that you don't have on a phone. (like recording the conversation)

Minpunten: In the few years that we use Bria, the functions have been changed several times, It would have been beter to inform before changing functional things.

Bria always keeps our support team connected!

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
David M.
Director of Technical Services
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Keeping my team connected makes Bria the best solution. No need for extra hardware or complicated setup. I have my office phone anytime with Bria!

Pluspunten: Bria allows our support staff to take, place, transfer and check calls while on the go. No need to 'connect' your cell phone to your desk phone when you can take it with you!

Minpunten: Bria has been implemented throughout our office. The only complaint is the subscription base use now versus the one-time payment when originally purchased.

Works most of the time

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018
Customer Support Team Lead
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is an easy to implement tool that functions out of the box. It's missing many of the bells and whistles of some of its competitors but comes at a nice price point and does the job.

Pluspunten: -Easy to set up and launch
-Ability to customize ringtones
-Holding, Transfering and In-call features all work without flaw.

Minpunten: -Logo and branding of the application are very dated. They need an update
-Not 100% reliable. As an organization, we have had some issues with the types of headsets that we use and their compatibility with Bria. I would recommend testing headsets before you make a larger purchase.
-Inability to integrate with apple contacts easily.

Excellent, flexible VOIP softphone !

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
John K.
Account Executive
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Bria is a good, flexible softphone with conference calling and recording capabilities. It's very useful for anyone who does a lot of outbound calling.

Pluspunten: Bria is easy to use, supports call recording, conference calling and multiple phone numbers. It's also compatible with VanillaSoft and other CRM systems for click to dial outbound calling. Technical support is good.

Minpunten: The softphone is occasionally slow to load and the on screen interface isn't particularly attractive.

So simple

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2018
Amber C.
Customer Service Representative
Consumentengoederen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software does everything for you. All you have to do is input your id and everything is done. A call comes in, you press a button. You're done talking, you press a button. That is it. Theres also a callback feature, which we don't use but I'm sure it is just as easy.

Minpunten: I have not had any issues with this program.

van CounterPath op 22-1-2019

Thank you for submitting a review Amber. We are happy to hear that Bria has all the features and functionality you need.

Better than some softphone solutions, but not as good as a 'real' phone.

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Stan Y.
Web Manager
Publiceren, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Sound is okay, but still doesn't compare to a real, physical IP phone. The UI is minimal which will be a plus for some and a con for others. The only reason I have a Bria soft phone is that the physical IP phones my company used to use for remote users no longer work (too old for new firewall) and aren't immediately planning to replace them. I use Bria on the Mac side of my machine because it seems to work a bit better than the Cisco IP Communicator software on the Windows side of the same machine. Both have a bit of a delay when speaking, but he Bria phone seems to have a little less of it. But not sure if that's more of a PC vs Windows thing instead of a Bria vs Cisco thing.

Pluspunten: Easy to install and works better on a Mac than another software does on the PC. Sound quality is okay. Works well with a headset or through computer speakers/mic.

Minpunten: Maybe it's the nature of all soft phone solutions, but still picks up the keyboard sounds if I'm trying to use my computer and be on a call. The interface is very minimal, which some might say is a 'pro' instead of a 'con'. There's other soft phone software where the UI actually looks like a phone, which I prefer.

van CounterPath op 4-9-2018

Stan thank you for taking the time to submit feedback we truly appreciate it.

Softphone review.

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Chief Revenue Officer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would say that our experience with Bria was excellent, except purchasing non-compatible headsets ate into my budget - Not Happy.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use. The application is intuitive and there is little to no difficulty in learning to use it.

Minpunten: Bluetooth compatibility is frustrating. You are limited to headsets that will work with the Bria pc application, but they don't tell you this up front. New users have no idea that you have to locate a sheet on their website that lists compatible headsets.

van CounterPath op 14-9-2018

Thank you for submitting a review. I apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused. I will send your feedback to the appropriate team.

Bria is a great tool for incoming calls and for capturing the customers details.

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
Jennifer T.
Customer service/sales
Detailhandel, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love that it is so easy to use and I see all I need to know from my customer before I ever even speak to them.

Pluspunten: I like that it is just simple to use. Sign in and the calls come right in. All the customer information is displayed on the popup.

Minpunten: The only problems I ever have with this software is that sometimes it takes several tries to get the phone to enable. Also if I am using another software, such as gotomeeting, where I have to use my microphone and headset then it will interfere and I will lose all sound until I turn Bria off and then back on.

van CounterPath op 22-1-2019

Jennifer thank you for submitting a review. When you encounter an issue with enabling the phone please work with our support team. Support will help troubleshoot the issue. Please submit your ticket at https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Best Softphone there is

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2018
Luke S.
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is a great softphone that our company uses on a daily basis for the last 7 years. We love it and will keep using it.

Minpunten: It would be great if they can have automatic call recordings in the settings

van CounterPath op 5-12-2018

Luke thank you for submitting an amazing review. It's great to hear from customers who have been successfully using our products for several years. I'll send your suggestion for automatic call recording to the product team.

good softphone for the company

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018
Nelson R.
Especialista en infraestructura
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has helped me to take advantage of the resources of the machines without leaving behind the quality

Pluspunten: excellent softphone, very practical since it has all the functionalities at hand, easy configuration and allows to create multiple accounts, good audio quality and does not consume many resources

Minpunten: one of the things that I like least is the interface, it is unfriendly, it could be more modern or have changeable themes

van CounterPath op 22-1-2019

Thank you for submitting feedback Nelson. It's great the configuration was easy and the audio is good. I will forward your interface feedback to our product team to review

BRIA Works for us!

Stephan G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ease of use through headsets and softphone features.

Pluspunten: BRIA is invaluable to us as a support company. Paired with USB headsets it makes Conferencing, Transfers and Outlook Contact look-ups a breeze. We are heavy users and "on the phone" all day.

Minpunten: The only downside to using a VOIP system such as BRIA is if we lose the Windows O/S but that is a rare occurrence these days.

Lightweight softphone for Enterprise call center

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Larissa H.
IT Support Specialist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Bria doesn't use a lot of system resources and is easy to use for most callers. Doesn't require extensive system configuration and works with most anti-virus products.

Minpunten: Crashes at least once a day for most users; not extremely stable. No click-to-dial browser extension, but has been configured for click to dial with VanillaSoft CRM in Chrome.

It's like Apple of Softphones..!!

Beoordeeld op 6-4-2018
Sachin C.
Engineer
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Nice interface, comparable to the competition, and is easy to setup and configure.
Audio and Video qualities over the call have been taken care of pretty good. Configuring a headset is easy as well when changing USB ports too.

Minpunten: Its paid and has plans and offers the same things which it's competition does. Customer service is difficult to reach and that disconnects me with the company totally. It did not have a build for Ubuntu customers the last time i checked which was huge let down.

Really good SIP software

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019
Eric D.
Analyste programmeur senior, Expert système ERP
Machine- en installatiebouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software is perfect. It's cheap, full of features and stable. I use it with a Grandstream PBX with no problem at all.

Minpunten: There is an Outlook plugin that I purchase and don't use. Most people can do without.

van CounterPath op 16-1-2019

Eric thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great that our software is affordable, stable and full of features.

Solid Softphone

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019
NOC/Devops Engineer
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Bria is a good softphone, it works well and has a very simple interface.

Minpunten: It is a good product, at a premium price. A bit overpriced, especially compared to other offerings.

van CounterPath op 6-3-2019

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear that Bria works well and you find the interface simple. I will forward your pricing feedback to our product group.

X-LITE

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018
Asterisk specialist
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: as regards the utility in Windows, it is excellent ... only that there is no for Linux and IOS, Android Etc.

Pluspunten: It is an excellent software, it has the basic free qualities to cover the needs and the impulse of the product

Minpunten: It has no versions for linux, android. This is very important is an excellent softphone should be released free versions for different distros.

van CounterPath op 22-1-2019

Thank you for submitting a review. It's great to hear that x-lite has the functionality you need. I will forward your feedback to our product team.