Submittable reviews

Over Submittable

Cloudgebaseerd platform voor het beheren van inzendingen/toepassingen, en elke vorm van digitale content te accepteren en beoordelen. Intuïtief en aanpasbaar.

Meer informatie over Submittable

This product makes it incredibly easy to submit work to journals for submission. The tool is straightforward and intuitive.

But these are more feature ideas, nothing that I'd consider negative about the existing product.

Beoordelingen van Submittable

Waar voor je geld

Submittable heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 128 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Submittable eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (128)

Jeff
Jeff
Associate Editor in VS

It provides me with all necessary services as a submitter. It provides all I require as an editor.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Submittable is convenient. As a submitter, it provides efficient mechanisms for making submissions and efficient tracking of those submissions. As an editor, it provides me with notices and updates to allow me to process submissions quickly and efficiently. Submittable is practical. As a submitter, a single page allows me to keep track of active submissions to several publications. As an editor, the features for reaction and response to submitters makes my job much easier. Submittable is uncomplicated, easily used, and easy to understand. As a submitter, these qualities make submissions tracking manageable. Submittable is used widely enough to be familiar to virtually all writers and artists who submit work for publication.

Our current package allows only 5 of our team members to have access to submissions. I could wish for more relaxed limits in that regard.

Cierra
Artist Initiatives Coordinator in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Submittable for Regranting Programs

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Generally, I really like it! It definitely makes my job easier and is a very organized space for me to keep track of hundreds of artists and their information .

As an administer of grant funding to artists, this software works great for tracking, reporting and collecting data from artists who apply to our programs.

A lot of the times I'm unable to edit the content if needed when an application is live already. Which is understandable however. I have to duplicate and make additional forms which takes longer. It's also hard to assign team members or jurors and help them use the software when I can only see it from an admin's point of view so it's hard to let them know how to navigate the software.

Laura
Program Manager in VS
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Room for Improvement

3,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Good for now. Has helped with communication with applicants but would want to maximize the cons to improve our nonprofit relationships and enhance internal efficiency

Ease of creating applications/forms, ability to message with applicants directly in the portal, reviewer process is user friendly

Lack of automation, limited placeholder tags to be able to integrate DocuSign or other 3rd party integrations that would help with automation, delayed reporting, kind of messy once you get a lot of applications/projects set up, no intentional nonprofit relationship management capabilities, limited project/award management features.

Edith
Director of Environmental Initiatives in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great for a small non-profit

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had overall great experience and I've been using Submittable about 5 years. I like accessing a real customer service rep in the old days, and I like the older version of Submittable better. The change didn't help me. But I am impressed that I can usually make Submittable work for whatever online application I need.

It really allows me to collect and manage information and input from so many of our members and stakeholders for many different purposes. My members and applicants find it very easy to use.

We always seem to bump up against one or two little issues that make any form less than perfect. For example, applicants attaching new files with their submission, or exporting notes from an application.

Seth
Program Officer in VS

It works!

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is easy for our applicants to use and our support staff to modify.

Submittable really does the job for what we need it for most- reviewing grant applications. We have a diverse and busy review team and this tool allows them to do their work efficiently.

Although it is fairly simple to use, it is not entirely intuitive. Some of our users have required a bit of coaching to make it work for them.

Devon
Program Manager in Canada

Submittable: The Go-To Contest Submission Playform

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Using Submittable seriously cuts down on the amount of troubleshooting or user error, thereby saving us time.

Submittable is very easy to use both on the end of the administrator and the individual submitting. People who have used it a lot or are only using it for the first time all express ease at getting their submissions in.

There are only a limited number of times that you can export your data per month on the basic plan.

Tanzi
Finance Manager in Canada
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great flexibility for building a workflow for grant management

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I like the transparency and the ease with which we were able to implement the software into our grant management procedure. The forms are easy to build, I can create a lot of them to cover the gaps for subsequent applicant communication. We were also able to do blind review to eliminate biases and separate groups of reviewers with different sets of questions.

1) The number of seats comes expensive. As a charity, we have a pool of scientific volunteers who give back to the community by reviewing grants with us. But with the limited number of seats, we had to narrow down the pool to the bare minimum and restructure the whole review process in order to fit in our tight budgets. 2) There isn't an open API available for us to integrate into our mobile app. There is only a read-only API that we were able to connect to but it gives limited connectivity and doesn't allow us to sync the internal grant management process with external-facing community commitments.

Christie
Scholarship Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

I love Submittable!

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As I learn more about the software and the tools you have, it really has made the process overall from launch of the scholarship season, to the close and then the information from the system is essential for marketing to potential future donors.

I am very used to having to learn new software, through out my positions in the last several years. The reason I love Submittable, not because it's easy for me, BUT BECAUSE it's easy for submitters and judges to use. If I had to review the how-to's prior to every season to a new set of judges, it would take so much time and energy. That only is worth the fees we pay!

I do wish the forms had a little more ability to make them a bit prettier to look at. The size of the fonts is either super small, or HUGE. It would be nice to make the page look a bit prettier and closer in line with our branding.

Lynn
Program Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Jentel Residency

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Instead of handling applications by hand, we are able to focus on accuracy and applications increase annually. Makes life so easy!

The product covers all the bases, ease of use for staff, review panel, and applicants. They are always listening and improving their product

Any questions we have are always addressed. Support is amazing and we cannot praise them enough

Jennifer
Senior Fellow for Arts Policy in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Indispensable!

5,0 9 maanden geleden

It allows the applicants to easily submit their portfolio material in a large variety of file types.

Of late, it has become less user friendly with the by dividing into project and program, and having a separate qualification step. Mostly I have had tech help when I needed it within a day, but in the beginning this assistance was much quicker and more helpful. Also, this could be a useful platform for research, especially surveys, if there were more ways to analyze the data.

Paul
Editor & Publisher in VS

This is everything we could have hoped to help keep our submissions on track and organized.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The only glitch I've had was when the "status" column was not working, but after contacting your service representatives, the problem was fixed within 24 hours. But that's not really a con, more a pro I guess.

As an editor, it keeps the entire process of submissions very organized. The ability to archive and track all the submissions that come through here, along with all the automatic data in graph form that Submittable contributes in regards to either our regular day to day submissions or our annual competition, is everything we want it to be. Not to mention that there are numerous places which one can tuck notes about this or that author whose work is on track to be published by us. In addition, allowing the person whose work we're considering to leave notes for us about their submission should parts of it be accepted elsewhere, is a huge bonus for any editor.

Linda
co-editor in VS
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

The people who work at Submittable are knowledgeable, good-natured, and GENUINELY helpful.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Submittable WORKS, and their customer support is unbeatable!

Submittable can handle so many different document types that we never could ourselves. They listen when we have suggestions/requests. Everything can be tracked - no more lost manuscripts! They've made it possible for us to offer books at the same time someone makes a submission, a great option for us. And they can issue refunds with ease.

Searches (especially across a lot of categories) sometimes are a bit slow, but we do have a LOT of categories and a LOT of submissions for the software to sort through. We're so glad to have Submittable, a respectable and caring group that has the ability to keep up with technology challenges so we can do the work we love doing.

Jeremy
Editor in VS

Submittable is irreplaceable in terms of the

5,0 5 jaar geleden

The best thing I like about this software is how it serves multiple functions for our organization. I can easily create categories for submissions, receive submissions, the submissions can be commented on by the review team, and then I can correspond with the submitter all from within the same software. Each step of the process is easy to use.

Because of how many ways you can use the software, it takes a bit of time to get used to how to navigate between different parts of the program but once learned it's very user-friendly.

TJ
writer in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy submissions

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Being to able to track the progress of multiple submissions is worth the cost.

Tracking the progress of my submissions is amazing. Everything is there and I don't have to chart it on a separate document.

The existential angst of a submission "in progress."

Co-Founder in VS

Intuitive software

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: From the onboarding team to my account team, I think the service with submittable has been great. It's also easy for the submitter to understand the process as well.

This software is easy to understand, easy to deploy, and intuitive for guest users who help us to evaluate the submissions that we receive. From there, it's easy to filter, sort, review and revisit the applicants that have made submissions, and keep track of where they are at each stage of the process. There are so many functionalities that are useful and I'm certain I'm only using a small portion of all that's available! I highly recommend this software as a solution for tracking submissions!

Everything that I've experienced with submittable has been a plus.

Sarah
Author in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The easy way to submit documents

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used Submittable to submit manuscripts to literary agents and editors and it's been a very easy and effective process. It's a nice one-stop-shop for my submission materials and nice to be able to check the status of various submissions in the same place. From the first time I used it to the last, it's been a straightforward, easy, experience.

It's impossible to format submissions incorrectly because Submittable only accepts the types of docs your recipient wants. It's an easy to use template to uplad the appropriate content and then manage your submission.

The only thing that's slightly a downside is that you have to be in Submittable to get all the information about your submission, but that's not really a problem.

Dinty W
Founding Editor in VS

Submittable is the Best

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Much greater efficiency and tracking ability

Clean, efficient interface. Great customer service. Excellent outreach to the customer base. I have used Submittable for years now and almost no problems. The once or twice that I did have a problem, I reached out and they solved it within half-a-day.

Beth
Executive Director in VS
Filantropie, 2-10 werknemers

Great solution and a great price

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we saved so much time by using this online platform and our applicants appreciated it as well. The tech support people were responsive and helped us brainstorm solutions to get what we needed. They were awesome!

This was our first effort at an online application and it went off without a hitch. It is intuitive to both readers/reviewers and applicants. We were able to learn how to manage the application and review process in a few calls to the fabulous Gold Level Support folks. After using paper applications, it was amazing to have all of the information ready to go to readers by the next day. It is also very reasonably priced compared to other solutions so it fit our budget.

It would be great if reviewers could highlight or tag parts of the application as they read. We had to do some tweaking to be able to close the application at 5:00pm instead of midnight but Submittable has since added this feature. It takes a few steps to generate reports but it is manageable.

Evelyn
Publisher in VS
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

Submittable allows us to handle all of our calls for submission in a logical, efficient manner.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All the information needed about a submission is in one place. The ability to run multiple calls at the same time is wonderful.

It's easy to use with a minimal learning curve, and has good customization. It allows you to tailor auto responses, email the submitter, and comment all in one place. everything you need to make a decision is there, and you can archive for easy retrieval.

Tags could be expanded to include all book genres to enhance the calls for submissions when setting up a category (form). Wish they left forms named as categories, it made more sense, the terminology change from category to forms is confusing.

Stephen
Editor in VK
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Used for several years, completely trouble-free

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm in permanent terror of clicking the wrong thing and accidentally accepting or rejecting a submission, but thankfully it sort of double-checks and lets me select which letter to send or create a custom letter.

Ability to do complex tagging, selections and sorting. Gathers all the information I need together in just the way I need it. Ease of viewing and downloading submissions. Handles the collection of fees transparently, across currencies. Timely, reliable payments by month. Easy to correspond with submitters and team. Team support is excellent too, with different levels of access. Blind reading (keeping entrants anonymous) is indispensible.

Ma Czarina
Media Fund Manager in VS
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

A great tool for film program and media asset management

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Since starting Submittable earlier this year, the software has helped streamline our organization's film fund application process with its many tools and features. While there is still room for improvement in certain areas (i.e. application form creation), as an account administrator, I am satisfied with the service that the platform provides and I am looking forward to all of the future announcements and updates that Submittable has in store for its clients/users.

What I really appreciate the most about Submittable is that the platform allows users to create and customize comprehensive forms that aid in capturing vital information provided by applicants. I like how the system organizes submissions and its respective media attachments in a manner that is easy to view, access and compile for future organizational reports. Furthermore, I find that the platform's email automation feature is beneficial for adminstrator-applicant communications.

I wish that the platform was slightly more intuitive for first-time account administrators such as myself (especially with the many tools and features that come with the system), however, the Submittable FAQ page and great service provided by the Submittable Support Team addresses and makes up for this.

claire
Editor, emrys chapbook series 2018-2019 in VS

I read and assign mss for review. I also use Submittable for my own work.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Ease of navigation and simplicity of venue overall for users writers, editors, administrators, etc.

Its fine. I don't see any problems with it.

Katherine
Editor in VS

Submittable is a fantastic company to work with. I couldn't imagine my business without them.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It's ease of use. Submittable makes the entire process of reviewing and corresponding with writers simple.

Aaron
COO in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Submittable makes life so much easier

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I wish I had been acquainted with Submittable previously. I spent / wasted hours of time working with grants previously, and the ease at which the applications are built and reviews are submitted through this software would have saved me a great deal of time. I am incredibly appreciative of how Submittable works and how easy it was for applicants and reviewers to access information.

In previous experiences with grant management and awarding, getting from application to review to award could be incredibly cumbersome. Submittable allows for a very streamlined process where everything is done under one umbrella.

There's a lot to learn. A lot! It takes a little while to feel comfortable with the process, but once you get it, everything is pretty intuitive.

Tsahai
Managing Editor in VS
Tekstschrijvers

Site is easy to navigate for submitters and organizations.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Ease of use and the style of the of the site is easy on the eyes. I know where to go to find what I need as both a submitter and administrator for my organization and that simplicity is a key factor in always wanting to use this site.