Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Rollbar

Toonaangevende realtime SaaS voor foutbewaking voor moderne softwareteams die de toepassingskwaliteit en ontwikkelingssnelheid willen verbeteren.

Meer informatie over Rollbar

Monitors and alerts on new front-end errors. Easy to use it to investigate customer issues.

I have not had any time to do thorough research on creating a sourcemap. Until that is done, though, I'm afraid the javascript exceptions( There are a lot of errors!) are not actionable.

Beoordelingen van Rollbar

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Rollbar heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 262 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Rollbar eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (262)

Daniel
Daniel
Founder, Software Developer in Canada
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Rollbar does its job and then gets out of your way (until you need it)

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Super happy with Rollbar. Have used it on multiple projects, but in Recipe Cost Calculator specifically for probably at least seven years.

Rollbar was easy to integrate and provides multiple libraries to integrate depending on what languages you're programming in. It reports errors well, it's reliable, the API and libraries are super flexible. I'm sure I only use about 20% of the overall functionality.

Nothing that I *overly* dislike about Rollbar. I think that some of the UI could be improved a bit on the admin dashboard, some things are really nit-picky like I don't like the way that text or lines wrap in certain places. Any complaints I have would be bordering on trivial.

Alfredo
CTO in Spanje
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Thanks to Rollbar we are able to provide proactive customer support

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Limited capabilities for filtering slack notifications. Suspect deploys produces a lot of fake positives. Automatic grouping doesn't work so well. The frontend error tracking is too noisy as it detects also errors out of our scope as the errors provoked by browser extensions, bots, non-supported browsers, etc. This makes the frontend tracking useless as we can't trust the alerts as we do for the rest of the stacks.

Very powerful tracing at an individual level, easy to set up, very advanced querying capabilities, smart errors grouping, telemetry feature is quite powerful, the integration with slack is very good with a native experience. Github integration is also great.

Ayhan
Machine Learning Engineer in Turkije
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Unusable product with no customer support

2,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with this product is quite negative. Last year I noticed that when my teammates mention me under a specific item (a bug) I didn't receive any emails. This is quite important because the product doesn't offer any alternatives to get notified about those issues. There are no webpage notifications. There is no way to search for bugs that you were mentioned. The only alternative is to go through hundreds of web pages and use Cmd + F to see if someone mentioned you, asked you a question, assigned a task to you, or some other thing that is important for your daily job.
I wrote to their customer service explaining the issue. Our initial correspondence took almost a month for me to convince them there is in fact a problem and I didn't receive emails. After convincing them, I was told that I could get a reply in a few weeks. I followed up one month later, and they asked for a few more weeks. Another month passed and they basically said this was a low priority issue and they don't know if and when it will be fixed. I wasn't even offered any workarounds.
Since then, I get an automated email from them once in a while asking me to rate their product. I give a low rating, explain the situation, a couple of months passes and I get the same email.
I work in SaaS, I do understand the need for prioritization and the lack of resources but having a critical feature that doesn't work for a customer and not bothering to offer any alternatives are a big no for me.

It allows me to track some bugs and act quickly.

Lack of customer support and the bad user interface.

Christopher
Developer in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!

Opmerkingen: AMAZING!

So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major. ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed. In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Farzam
Software Developer in Duitsland
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

The Best Error Tracking Tool Around

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have been using Rollbar for the past year and I can honestly say it has been the best error tracking tool I have used. The features and insights provided have been invaluable. The customer service has been great and they have always been willing to help. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for an error tracking tool.

Rollbar is the best error tracking tool out there. It is easy to set up and use and provides great insights into our application’s performance. The integration with other tools is top notch and the customer service is great. Highly recommended!

The only downside with Rollbar is the cost. It can be a bit expensive for smaller teams or for those just getting started. But the features you get for the cost makes it worth it.

Lead Software Engineer - Team Lead in Estland
Bankwezen, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great error tracking tool for the money paid

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Real-time error tracking, as soon an error pops up on test or production environment, we get an alert on slack and act on it.

It is simple to customize grouping rules, you can easily propagate notifications settings to all projects so they are matching, easy to customize, easy to integrate.

We have to pay much more to have a simple feature like viewing all projects' errors in a single view.

Michał
Business Owner/Software Developer in Polen
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

The best error monitoring tool I ever used!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We used Rollbar for last few years and many projects and it always work great!
Rollbar go fast forward for the last few years with a new features and improvements.

Rollbar is very easy to configure and use in our stack (Ruby + .NET + React). Rollbar gather error information with many details about situations it occurs. Interface is very intuitive and have option to set up many notification destinations (we use Slack + daily reports on mail).

We didn't experience any cons about Rollbar

Gabriel
Engineering Lead in Brazilië
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good for heroku & first implementation

4,0 4 jaar geleden

- Price is really good - It's realy easy to set up - UI is intuitive and simple - You can trace logs easily, once you setup 'People' tab - Integration with slack and other notification tools - Easy to integrate with Heroku's app

- UI could be somehow better, leaner like a sentry.io - Features for breadcrumbs or tracing could be easier to implement - Fingerprinting and error aggregation could be easier to setup, no complicated DSLs

Gianluca
Gianluca
Head of Technology in Italië
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A fast and integrated solution to keep user generated errors under control

5,0 4 jaar geleden

How easy has been to integrate it in our services and software. The mail notifications that inform you of new errors.

Nothing. For now, It has proven to be a solution for our use case.

Tung
Tung
iOS Developer in Oekraïne
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Get notified for issues

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I like that it sends notifications if something goes wrong and your team can stay alert about it. It's pretty nice to know if something is down or something isn't working. We also use it to track custom events when some logic isn't behaving as expected. For example when server returns a new Key value that is not handled on client side.

The notifications customization is pretty hard and not clear. I tried to turn off some part but I couldn't do it only to myself. You (seems) can only turn it off for the "team". So I end up creating a filter in Gmail.

Jonathan
CTO in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

Thaine
Full Stack Web Developer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Error Logs Simplified

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Log Grouping Stacktrace with local variables Enivronment Separation

Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

Matt
Lead Data Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Stable & Valuable Software For Many Years

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The setup and integration with popular frameworks such as Ruby on Rails was easy and we have used it for at least five years with no issues.

Rollbar does a good job trying to group similar errors but of course there is always room for improvement in this area since it requires advanced pattern matching, machine learning, etc.

Miloš
Team lead in Slowakije
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use and reliable service

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Rollbar works as expected and the level of information we get for each error is great.

Easy integration, slack notifications, level of details for each error

I would like to be able to see aggregate info from occurences of the same error, Airbrake offers something similar.

Rohit
Application Support Analyst in India
E-learning, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Incredible instrument for observing errors and execution in numerous situations,

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The best part about Rollbar is the very even UI that permits you to see all mistakes followed for different situations including testing, arranging, and creation. I love the amazing way simple it is to coordinate with various dialects. Following customer side javascript is overly helpful with full stack follows to show you precisely what turned out badly. It's anything but difficult to see patterns in different bugs and imprint bugs as unraveled without any problem. The arrangement alternatives are generally great arrangements and it's anything but difficult to get ready for action, Rollbar is magnificent!

Here and there it's somewhat hard to tell where to discover a few alternatives on the grounds that they aren't generally similarly situated. Missing disconnected assembling usefulness for JavaScript, however, I haven't discovered it in any item.

Radford
Director of Engineering in VS
Human Resources, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great Product

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been great.

Detailed reporting of bugs, from the user who triggered it, to listing of occurrences of a bug, to the availability of a stacktrace.

Setting up filters and environment-specifc grouping can be confusing.

CTO in Chili
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

The best software for track & follow errors

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Rollbar allows me and my team to detect and solve errors when anomalies occurs. Actually we don't need to wait users to report errors and we don't need to read thousands of lines from logs on multiple servers to find what's going on.

It's super easy to deploy. You can begin receiving your app's errors in minutes and without compromising a payment. You can pay only when you need to pay and have absolutely flexible plans. Errors are presented as items, where you can immediately see frequency and a brief description. If you want, you can explore an item to know exactly where it happen (I mean, which line of code and entire stack trace), and even you can see each case to know the exact user operation that throws this error. You can even search items using a SQL-like language. Simply awesome.

Sometimes two different items are the same error (algorithm that put together occurrences divides the same error). Anyway, Rollbar allow to merge items with custom rules. Awesome.

Edward
Staff Software Engineer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

iOS SDK is Horrible and Crashes

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Meh. It's cost me a time and effort I'd have rather spent elsewhere.

The old version works, after I patched it so it would compile and also so it didn't crash.

I had to patch it so it would compile and and also so it didn't crash. First time I upgraded the new version was missing crucial features. The second time I updated, thinking it would be better, but it just crashed our app in a different way. I've fallen back to the old version twice now. Your iOS team is not good. Missing basic understanding of Objective-C, Objective-C libraries, and QA.

Anatoly
CEO in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Rollbar is indispensable for SaaS products

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've had a really easy time integrating Rollbar from the start, and it's only been improving since we started using it.

The best thing is the telemetry support that Rollbar introduced last year. With it we're able to see not just errors, but where they came from, who else has seen the same errors and impact on our user base. The grouping support (grouping bugs together) is starting to become robust as well, which is helpful for making sure you're not seeing 100s of the same errors in the UI.

The grouping support is not quite there yet, and needs to improve. I'd love to see bidirectional rollbar integration (jira > rollbar, rollbar > jira) and I think that's on the roadmap.

Przemysław
Senior Software Engineer in Polen
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Solid tool that meets my needs

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm satisfied with Rollbar. It meets my needs.

Dashboard with items is extremely useful. It provides many options to filter & sort all captured errors/warnings/etc. It shows many pieces of information in a clear way. I like recent updates with custom fingerprinting that allows easier grouping of items.

There are some places that require extra clicking after UI redesign, e.g. "Settings" for project. I'd like to run RQL faster and have simple editor or code-completion aid to write RQL queries easier.

Shelby
Qa manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Over grouping and under grouping needs improvement

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Benefits are tracking errors and that rollbar integrates with many systems and is customizable but downfall is the over grouping and under grouping

Being able to integrate with jira and make tickets seamlessly

The over grouping and under grouping feature does not work. My errors almost always have the wrong title and I often have many many duplicates of the same exact error. Also I don’t like that each new release, if an error is existing, it just makes a new error for that release.

Parth
Devops in Canada
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Zen of rollbar

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's awesome to know about the error as they occur but it's not cost friendly. Your are one faulty release away from getting bombarded for same errors.

Ui is very accessible and self explanatory Setup and integration is easy

Hard to prioritize More error equals more money

Stefan
Team Lead in Nederland
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Mature service for teams of any size

4,0 4 jaar geleden

The configuration options allowing me to customize the management of multiple projects. And as an addition I really like the diverse tech stack integrations for Rollbar when using diverse programming languages.

The amount of Rollbar API updates, too many to stay up to date reasonably without investing too much time in the maintance of the integration.

Miles
Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Necessary for my job

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it every single day. I get Slack notifications any time a Rollbar error occurs. To be honest, the word "Rollbar" stresses me out, because it reminds me of all the bugs I've caught. That's a testament to how much I use it.

Rollbar helps us catch issues in production, and respond to them as quickly as possible. Without Rollbar, we would miss hundreds of issues. Seriously, it's extremely helpful.

The UI makes it a bit difficult to navigate. For example, some hyperlinks navigate to a Rollbar page, while others navigate to the hyperlink's actual URL.

Senior Software Engineer in Canada
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

I use it find the bugs!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Finding issues and rising issues!

The slack integration so we can very easily alerted about issues that arise in our apps!

Having multiple environments, sometimes a bit hard to get to the correct environment!