I back up everything in my life with Elephant Drive - it never fails me!

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2018
Heather T.
writer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: While I love the automatic backup function, the Elephant Drive Everywhere feature is my lifesaver. I've been far from home and needing to remember some small detail - whether it be a medical record, or something even more personal that no one else would have access to, and Everywhere is there for me. One good story of ElephantDrive Everywhere coming through for me happened when I found myself near the university my mother used to teach at and I wanted to visit the classroom that had been hers. Using ElephantDrive Everywhere, I was able to locate on my cell phone a digital copy of an old letter I had of hers, which had the address of her classroom on it. All of this happened when I was 3000 miles away from the computer to which I had originally scanned and saved that letter! ElephantDrive Everywhere had it right there for me, on my phone. It was awesome.

Minpunten: It took me a little bit of learning to get used to the UI. They could have a better start up or tutorial process.

van ElephantDrive op 21-2-2018

Excellent - glad you are getting value out of ElephantDrive. We will keep working on improving the UI to make it easier in the future.

Elephant Drive gives me total peace of mind. No more worries about hard drive crashes!

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2017
Ben K.
Managing Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Peace of mind.

Pluspunten: Multi-device backup all within one account. I have two computers plus my phone backed up to the cloud and the files are sync'd between them. If I add a NAS then backup for that is included too.

Minpunten: It does file sharing very well but isn't designed for collaboration as much as some other programs. This does make sense though since ElephantDrive is more for cloud backup of all my files than for anything else.

van ElephantDrive op 7-8-2017

Thanks for your feedback! In addition to protecting you from hard drive crashes, ElephantDrive protects from ransomware and natural disasters too. We appreciate your use of ElephantDrive and for sharing about your experience.

I use ElephantDrive to backup all my date and work on the go!

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2018
Amber N.
Cosmetologist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love how seamlessly it syncs to all my devices and is accessible from anywhere. I work on the go and in many different locations. It also instructs how to use the software very easily, which helps me a lot because I'm by no means tech-savy. I feel secure knowing my data is protected.

Minpunten: I had some initial trouble using it with Android, but then almost immediately after I ended up switching to Iphone anyway, so when I downloaded the app on ios it was totally fine

van ElephantDrive op 15-4-2018

Thanks for posting - we will look into the problems you experienced with our Android app, but are glad to hear that it sounds like you are up and running on the iPhone app.

Simple, yet powerful with an easy to use interface

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2018
Jed P.
Head of Technology & User Experience
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: ElephantDrive can backup files to the cloud and synchronize files between computers. Another great feature is the ability to synchronize across different platforms and devices through mobile apps for every device.

Minpunten: The biggest con has to be the file size limits. Currently there is a 1 GB file size limit (5 GB for business plans). I would love to see this increased.

van ElephantDrive op 24-1-2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review and for your candid feedback.

One important note - while we still do enforce individual file size limits, we are increasing them over time and already allow larger files than you note in the "cons" section. Current personal plans support files up to 2 GB and current business plans support files up to 15 GB. If you are seeing anything else, please write to us at [email protected] (it could be that you are somehow on a legacy plan).

Looking forward to helping you back up larger files!

Very competitive in price and features to more well known storage solutions.

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2018
Andrew M.
Therapist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is hard to decide between Elephant Drive and Dropbox. I get much more free storage with Dropbox, but all in all, I prefer the interface and reliability of Elephant Drive. Especially on th eAndroid app.

Pluspunten: The price is competitive. And it works at least as well as Dropbox for my incremental backups. I think it wins on the syncing side. Just seems more reliable in that respect. They had a free trial so I could play with it and see how it was. I liked it.
I'm not sure if it is just me, but the android app does seem faster and easier than Dropbox.

Minpunten: I wish file size didn't have limits, so I can backup large backup files. That seems pretty universal though.

van ElephantDrive op 30-11-2018

Thanks very much for your review - both the positive remarks and the candid feedback about file size.

Please feel free to message us directly via [email protected] Depending on the file sizes you need supported, we may have special plans that can help.

this is a cloud storage service that allows its users to perform data backups in a scheduled manner.

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Moises R.
Analista de planificación de mantenimiento
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: it is nice this service runs on both Windows and Mac platforms, and allows users to create simple automated rules for protecting data by moving it into an ElephantDrive account.

Minpunten: the least i like about is that ElephantDrive doesn't offer an unlimited plan. so you have to add that plan because the competitors offer unlimited backup.

van ElephantDrive op 13-4-2018

Hi Moises - Thanks for the feedback. We want to address your note that we add an unlimited plan since it's an important issue and relevant to others.

We found there are 3 ways to offer "unlimited":

1) unlimited capacity with other limitations (e.g. limit number of devices, transfer speed, file types, etc.). This seems like deceptive marketing - promises unlimited, but imposes practical limits.

2) truly unlimited capacity, priced high enough to protect against outliers (who generate much higher costs than the mean or median users). We want clear, affordable pricing for all, so have not gone this route. Many companies have offered low priced unlimited plans, but discontinued.

3) unlimited capacity in tiered chunks - this is what we offer. We have plans for any amount of storage a user needs (even PB scale), but we offer capacity in tiers. We realize this isn't what you are requesting, but it is a set up we know we can support indefinitely.

Thanks again for your support!

Back up your files

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018
Monica Y.
Program Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Backed up files fast once the steps were followed
More than one user
Works with multiple devices
Fast connection

Minpunten: Not user friendly
Too many steps needed to back up the information compared to other products
Costumer service took long to respond

van ElephantDrive op 28-3-2018

Hi Monica,

Thanks for your candid feedback. We apologize for any delay in our support response and will work to improve that in the future.

We would be happy to offer you a credit or some additional bonus storage to make up for it - just reach out to [email protected] and reference this link if you are interested.

Thanks,
ElephantDrive

Great customer support, great features, but it needs to improve Linux (RedHat) version

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2017
Vicente G.
IT Engineer
Computersoftware
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I choose this service because it covers almost all my needs ad it works on Linux, which is a must for me. Some others offer the same features but don't have linux support

Minpunten: 1. File size limit
2. According to logs it looks like it's excluding some file types from backup, I don't remember this restrictions from the documentation. In any case, if I use a backup system I want all files to be backup up, it's up to me to select which files types to inculde and what to exclude

Good solution to NAS backup

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2018
Post Production Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I have a Qnap Nas and needed a good way to backup the data an Elephant drive seems to do the job and take little management to get things setup

Minpunten: Pricing is a little more money than others, wish it had a desktop restore client to restore files locally.

van ElephantDrive op 3-4-2018

Hi - thanks so much for your feedback in the Capterra review.

One important note that might address the concern in your "cons" section - we do actually have a desktop client for restores (and you can use it to back up the desktop or laptop). This is part of the plan and has no additional costs.

Also, we have mobile apps for iOS and Android, also free to use.

We would be happy to help you get the desktop client set up and running. Just shoot us a note at [email protected]

A life saver!

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2018
Mark P.
RM
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Super simple to use and really enjoy it was able to learn a very quick and its very reliable to me. Feel confident that everything is working well as a backup

van ElephantDrive op 16-2-2018

Thanks so much for the positive review - we really appreciate it and are glad you are having a good experience.

Works Seamlessly Across Multiple Systems

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2018
Darton D.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's super reliable, integrates really well with multiple platforms and offers cloud accessibility as well as file sharing.

Minpunten: It's not the most affordable option, but likely offers the most features compared to similar software.

Love this product!

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018
Marie P.
Self Employed
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Amazing and functional cloud storage program that works flawlessly! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for reliable cloud storage.

Minpunten: No cons! Great software and absolutely no complaints. I would compare this to other cloud softwares like icloud.

Great product

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2018
Melissa R.
Office manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: We really found this software easy to use and very versatile with lots of different options to meet all our needs.

van ElephantDrive op 21-3-2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Let us know if there are any new features or tools you would like us to implement.