Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2019
Christopher P.
Store Manager
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pluspunten: Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Minpunten: I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

van Flipnode op 4-11-2019

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones.

The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

A+ Cloud Based Signage !

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2019
John M.
Creative Director
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Yodeck to control advertising on 70+ tvs aligned horizontally and vertically in several states and a multitude of cities. I have tried several other providers for cloud based signage and Yodeck is lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, price and customer service. Switching from the competition was one of the best business decisions I've ever made and it has benefitted our team and company greatly.

Pluspunten: Yodeck is amazingly powerful and surprisingly affordable. The web-based interface is very easy to learn, and very responsive. I love the ability to see which devices are located in different regions of the United States and the depth of the preferences/settings is, honestly, amazing.

Minpunten: I have not had one issue that wasn't resolved by customer service within 20 minutes, and I wish every establishment had half of the customer service as Yodeck does! It would be nice to have a standalone app in addition to a web-based option, but that is a personal preference and doesn't negatively impact what Yodeck does.

Great!

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Tom-erik B.
Outdoors coordinator
Publieke zaken, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Yodeck solved our need to keep the team updated in a easy way. The municipality in which I work, has a hich cost, heavy and extremely low intuitive system for handling information onscreen. So when I discovered Yodeck, I was thrilled. It solved all of our needs, and the one lisence I needed, was free. I installed it on an old Raspberry PI, and it works like a charm. Now it work as a center for information in our office of about 30 employees. Except that I have to take a clean install of the system every 2-3 month, it works as a charm. So we are excited.

Pluspunten: It's just GREAT! It solved all of our problems, for free.

Minpunten: I have yet to discover any cons... The only problem is that I have to take a clean install of my OLD Raspberry PI every 2-3 month. But I reccon this is the PIs fault, not the system.

Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2019
Tom I.
Digital Media / Video Communications consultant
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Pluspunten: This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Minpunten: Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

We love it

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2019
Francois M.
IT technician
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In our tight and secure network environment, I have experienced quick, effective technical support by the Yodeck team to set up the players. I often get new features, the community is definitely working hard to improve the product. They are really popular at our school and really easy to deploy, especially using wifi. We are going to purchase 2 more units pretty soon.

Pluspunten: Implemented as a low-budget signage solution, we are amazed by this solution. My users get the hang of it quickly. The graphical interface of shows really helps to set up presentations quickly and effectively. The background audio feature is also really appreciated, saves me a lot of trouble when they are having a special event and they want music, I don't have to install temporary speakers anymore. Also, I love the fact that they still work even during a network or Internet failure, so they are reliable even when the wifi connection is not.

Minpunten: Raspberry Pis are not the most solid hardware out there. Especially on wifi, they tend to freeze from time to time. I have to reboot a few from time to time. I'm not sure I would trust them for crucial, urgent information.

Absolutely Amazing! Don't look anywhere else... it should start (and end) with Yodeck!

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2019
Dennis S.
Retail Owner
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We run a small retail establishment and I needed the ability to use digital signage as an employee message board (while controlling content remotely). Being small, we don't have the funds to throw at problems/solutions... which means I'm a DIY owner. I've tried other providers, but became quickly frustrated since they didn't work (or didn't work as well as I'd like). I'm glad I stumbled upon Yodeck... this was exactly what I needed and more! Very easy to setup, very intuitive, and very reliable (I waited to post this review since I wanted to be able to speak to up-time). I am amazed at how quickly I was able to setup the system (using a Raspberry Pi) and I'm impressed by how reliable it has been. We're going into our second month of use and we're experiencing 100% reliability, while constantly updating the Playlists. But where Yodeck really stood out... I was contacted by a customer service manager the second we signed up for the service and had someone on standby who was willing to help where and when needed. I was shocked! A very nice touch and I can't say enough about that approach. I'm sold and will look to Yodeck for future projects when the time is right. If you're in the market, or are unsure about where to turn for digital signage, I can't recommend Yodeck enough (especially for the beginner on a budget). Great product, great service, amazing reliability... well done Yodeck! Thank you!!!

Pluspunten: How simple it was to get up and running. Ease of use a big plus. And reliability has been 100%... I expected downtime since we're running this on a Raspberry Pi, but we're amazed it's been 100% reliable.

Minpunten: Nothing... honestly... nothing! I'm really trying to find something negative, but it has been a great product with amazing reliability.

Convenient, reliable digital signeage software

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Webmaster
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have a website for each location on campus, and display information of todays meetings, events and news adapted to each location by showing these location-adapted websites with one player and screen in each location. Good value for cost and not too much maintainance.

Pluspunten: Low cost, low maintainance with good feature set and support.

Minpunten: I miss the feature to have some sort of counter showing how long a slide is displaying (count down to next slide). I also miss pagination (number x of y). This may have been added after I configured my screens. We use the software to display a digital signeage "poster" that is in effect a webpage. Some times this webpage gets "stuck" so we have to re-apply settings to the player. besides this, most of the players perform flawlessly every day of the years for many years.

Excellent solution for school digital signage

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2019
Tom R.
Tech DIrector
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The option to build your own using a free account [we already had some Raspberry Pis sitting around] was a no-brainer for us. We use Google Docs/Slides as well as Youtube for the content, and had multiple TVs with multiple PIs and multiple free accounts for a year. Once we saw how useful it was - and how the Google Suite integration allowed multiple people across campus to generate content, we upgrade to a paid account.
Worth the money! We have better communication across campus, it's easily updated, and just works.
Now if I could just get the kids to look up from their smartphones......

Minpunten: The documentation for the less technical-thinkers could be revamped. I didn't have a problem setting things up, but someone scared of tech, or who doesn't think logically, will need more handholding than the docs offer [as of this writing - March 2019].

So easy!!

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
René S.
Coordinator
Openbare veiligheid, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Information is easy shared.

Pluspunten: Easy to setup using low cost hardware.
Easy to maintain

Minpunten: In case you show a website it is very hard to answer cookie policy questions remotely so the popup is showed.

More than meets our needs

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
David R.
IT Manager
Detailhandel, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We switched to yodeck for all our displays after our previous display company had abandoned their software and didn't provide any updates for windows 8 and up. Yodeck offered more flexibility, on a less expensive platform (Raspberry Pi) vs a micro computer. We rarely have any problems with these devices and when we do, we know immediately via email. With about twenty of these devices running company wide I never have to walk around to each screen at multiple locations to make sure they're working.

Pluspunten: Inexpensive setup
Easy to replace
set it and forget it
Lots of functions

Minpunten: They aren't window's OS, which is also a plus if you don't have to have it on windows OS.

Very easy to setup and great features that can be used in any work industries

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2018
Jean-marie R.
IT
Consumentenelektronica, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What i love the most is the features and every time i get an email about features update its like Christmas

Minpunten: Its not cons but we'd like to see like demo shows about features used together to have maybe new ideas

van Flipnode op 27-8-2018

Hello Jean-Marie,

Thank you for your review. We have recently started producing Guides and How-to videos about new features and interesting uses of our platform.

Feel free to check them out on our YouTube channel. It is still early days but more are to follow very soon

Simple and easy

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Mike D.
IT Admin
Nutsbedrijven, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Information is easilly shared around differnt locations - in a variety of formats. It just works !
The support team have been responsive and flexible around players for our country and extra features.

Pluspunten: This was a great alternative to our "Old PC's - auto running power point".
Yodeck provides a simpler, more functional, cheaper and easier to manage platform to share information.
The communications team look after it themselves, IT dont need to get involved !!

Minpunten: Security features come at a cost. But still minimal compared to alternatives.

Small Medical Clinic

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Physician
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I wish I had found Yodeck when I was initially looking for solutions. Fantastic solution that I will be using for years.

Pluspunten: I initially purchased special digital signage TVs for our waiting room. What a headache! The software was buggy, the features were limited, and I never felt like updating it ever again (which is exactly what you shouldn't do) because of the hassle. Then I found Yodeck and the ease of use has been outstanding. Couldn't be happier!

Minpunten: I wouldn't mind better management website clipping that would try to generate a preview for various size screens before going live. But overall, powerful and customizable!

Digital Signage which is easy to set up and easy to update

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2019
Paul B.
IT Manager
Machinebouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I loved the simplicity with which I was able to set it up and get a demo going with minimal time. Because configuration is so easy, I have been able to delegate each screen/dashboard to the individual who needs to manage the content. They have made many changes and have rarely asked for help. A few times we experienced minor issues or had questions, the customer support team came back quickly with answers which solved our problem.

Minpunten: No cons, I've been using it for just over a year and I would recommend this to anyone looking for Digital signage which is easy to manage.

Easy, free and feature packed.

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019
James F.
Development Specialist
Telecommunicatie, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We run a very busy training centre and meeting space. Yodeck enables us to inform all our visitors of where they have been located space to work without having to find a member of staff.

Pluspunten: It is so easy to update my screen with the latest company videos and room bookings. I've loaded an active Google traffic map for leaving time that helps people plan the best route home.

Minpunten: It took a while to set a template up that formatted correctly . I had to push it to the screen each change and as I use the free account I only have one player so down to the lobby I go. Now I have a correct template everything is so easy.

A plug and play system that’s a joy to work with

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Thijmen D.
External advisor
Kunst en nijverheid, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using YoDeck allowed us to easily scale up our narrowcasting. We more than doubled our number of screens, without adding any burden to the administrators or marketing department. In fact, all are time now thanks to the ease of use and plug and play capability of YoDeck.

Pluspunten: YoDeck is super simple to learn and use. It offers way more flexibility than our legacy narrowcasting solution AND is cheaper! Support responds lightning quick and the pricing is very reasonable.

Minpunten: The structure of media > playlists > lay-out > screen is something you definitely need to wrap your head around before you can properly use the software.

Yodeck - the best and easy software to do everything

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Joaquim D.
IT Specialist
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: we have to implement this so have a dashboard in the reception without network cable , with Yodeck we can add , delete, configure, make all we need and more without we need to be there physically .
i tray more than 5 digital signed software's , ad-dons implemented on windows base computer , and Yodeck is the best.

Pluspunten: love all features , we can do everything with this software , easy to configure , we use this to share some company video, party photos.
- Web access are great and very user friendly
- time schedule great, with allot off option

Minpunten: - nothing to pointing about cons,
maybe if more widget ,

Perfect for what we're needing it for

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Chuck Z.
IT Professional
Machinebouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Love it! Recommend it to anyone doing digital signage!

Pluspunten: I liked that I didn't have to wade through a bunch of text files and logs to figure out what addresses to change and removing the SD Card, plugging it into my laptop...changing the file, saving and then hoping it will work. I can log onto the website, make changes and be out in minutes.

Minpunten: I tried to get this to rotate a webpage 90 degrees and it was not very intuitive and would not ever span the screen the way I would want. I can upload a picture and it will rotate and orient properly, but unfortunately I could never program a web address to do the exact same thing. Not a deal breaker, but was my least favorite thing about the software.

Great product with evolving feature set supported by top notch team!

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2017
Ken W.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The platform is very simple to use and provides white label features allowing us to manage client relationships and content without having to worry about infrastructure. Since the platform works on Raspberry PIs the hardware cost is very reasonable! The development team is committed to bringing new valuable features every cycle! The platform includes an API allowing customers with development skills to create their own widgets.

Minpunten: Content expiration, a key feature, is missing but is in the works. The reseller UI also needs a little work.

van Flipnode op 18-6-2018

Content expiration is now available! You can set a date/time after which the Media will become active and a date/time after which the Media will become inactive. Inactive Media will just be skipped.

Tiny box with BIG power

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Lee B.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Initially we had a few questions when we first purchased Yodeck and their Helpdesk provided clear and understandable information to us as brand new users. The combination of Yodeck software and Raspberry Pi hardware have been EXTREMELY reliable over the past year and a half we have been using the system. We have not had a hick-up or failure of any kind. Over this period of time Yodeck has continued to enhance the product with features that are useful to us.

Pluspunten: Support
Documentation
Easy to learn
Functionality
Reliability
Ongoing upgrades
Pricing

Minpunten: Only that we did not discover Yodeck sooner...

Best product in this market.

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019
Marc A.
Network Administrator
Mijnbouw en metalen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are displaying everything from training materials, to welcome materials, and HR info.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of use, doesn't take much effort to get my users up and running with it.

Minpunten: Would be nice if there were more training materials out there. Things I could point my users to that could help them get antiquated with the software, rather then me training them.

Simple - easy to setup - just works! - very committed team

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019
Manos T.
General Manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to install, simple to operate, very reliable, good customer service from the team

Pluspunten: We've been using Yodeck for some time now and I am very happy (and confident) to say that this product has surpassed our digital signage needs for our business.
Our priority was to have a solution that is simple to use, easy to install and to have enough features to cover all our needs. Having looked at other products out there, I am very confident that this one beats competition in all aspects.
Another fact we value about this product is the great support we get from the Yodeck team. Very committed and willing to help with anything we may ask.

Minpunten: To be honest no cons at this stage, therefore: none

Awesome!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2019
Gary G.
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Was exactly what I need as reader board and product info for my reception area

Pluspunten: It is very flexible and growing in functionality from the day I started... and priced well

Minpunten: You do have to access to content and have some knowledge of presentations for instance...

Absolutely love this product. Does a lot of things that most digital display tools simply cannot.

Beoordeeld op 24-8-2017
Ryan S.
IT Systems Coordinator
Mijnbouw en metalen, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: communicating with our staff quickly and efficiently.

Pluspunten: being able to crop, resize, overlap and fit anything anywhere. It sounds like a basic feature, but most other solutions don't do it well. With yodeck, you can stack web pages, images, slides, anything to any format you like.

Minpunten: the notion of "shows", "schedules", "playlists", and "monitors" is a little intimidating at first. Once you start trying things out though, you realize that these are all very cool features.

Best Signage solution for the buck in matters of possibilities, platform, management and security...

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2019
Tim J.
Server Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Fantastic product, at first I enjoyed a product that works as promised, but i noticed the real deal lies within the consideration made for both the end user experience and all the hidden management of the technical aspect. And the product just keeps improving.

Pluspunten: Obviously that the product works and is a true Cloud service, no need for anything back at home. I also love the software and hardware management of the Raspberry PI, Yodeck ensures updates and security in a market where many other vendors leaves that to the customer. Easy connection to WIFI spots, secure connection to Your license and. A lot of thought went into this product for sure.

Minpunten: The complicated structure of building the wished for end result. All Signage solutions suffers from this. More options in the signage solution makes things harder to understand. Yodeck presents af lot af possibilities, with this it gets more complictated.