Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Bitbucket

Bitbucket is meer dan alleen Git-codebeheer. Het geeft teams een plek om projecten te plannen, samen te werken aan code, tests uit te voeren en te implementeren.

Meer informatie over Bitbucket

The overall interface of the platform is really awesome and it provides various integrations with JIRA and other tools as it belongs to the same Atlassian community.

I dislike with bit bucket that it is complicated to rollback or delete changes once they are pushed to a repository.

Beoordelingen van Bitbucket

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Bitbucket heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.321 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Bitbucket eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.321)

Francesco
Francesco
Manager in Zwitserland
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Corporate Git process

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Integration with jira is a must.. easy to integrate devils process from comments in commits and organyze release easly

Some graphic view are not so easy to understand and easy to use

Enrique
Enrique
CEO in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

An application that has all the support and integration with Atlassian

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I remember that I started with Bitbucket because to start with repositories, it offered me more than the others at zero cost.Then, after starting to work more intensely and manage projects, I opted for the Atlassian suite. I had already been using Trello for a long time and in another company I used Jira for incidents, and I also felt comfortable with these applications, so that I didn't change.

Probably the integration with the complete Atlassian suite is what attracts me the most, working with Jira, Trello, Confluence and being able to solve problems from a support or customer service common to all these applications, greatly influences the decision to work with Bitbucket.

Well, there are two clear competitors that take the majority of the repositories, but they are not mutually exclusive, you can use another of them, perhaps better in some aspects, while still taking advantage of the integration with the other applications.

Tom
Support Executive in VK
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Another excellent product from Atlassian

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Bitbucket is awesome for developers and teams alike! One big plus is its support for Git repositories, making it super easy to manage code changes and collaborate effectively. With Bitbucket, you can branch out and experiment without worrying about messing up the main code, thanks to its nifty branching and merging features. Plus, it plays well with other tools like Jira and Trello, making project management a breeze. And hey, security is important too, and Bitbucket's got you covered with customizable access controls. It's basically a go-to platform for keeping your code organized, your team on track, and your projects running smoothly.

The Atlassian suite can be expensive if you aren't using the free versions.

Archit
Software Engineer - II in India
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Easy integration with JIRA but not as good as Github

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Only able to work with basic version control but would like to see more improvements in the future.

I like the auto-tagging of JIRA issues with code commits on PR. The bare minimum requirement for a functional version-control system is fulfilled.

Github has started supporting multi-line commenting on PRs. I don't think I can find any dev who won't like this feature. It also has a colorful README rendering along with build and test coverage tags. I don't care much about README renders but am out-of-the-box CI integration with Jenkins can help in outputting data about many useful tags like code test coverage, code standards, reference available or even licensing. There are many extensions built around Github to augment the experience, one in particular that I like, called OctoLinker, has the ability to link the imports with original source code repository. This could be a useful feature in source code view.

Bishal
Backend Developer in Nepal
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Best Git tool to use for CI/CD

4,0 3 maanden geleden

I used Bitbucket because of its integration with Jira, which also provides easier source code management and easier version control to manage the CI/CD.

I think for its purpose and uses, I don't have anything that I didn't like about it.

Dawit
Dawit
Senior Web Developer in Ethiopië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Enhancing Code Quality and Collaboration: Bitbucket as the Ultimate Source Control Solution

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: my overall experience with the platform has been highly positive. Bitbucket has effectively addressed several business problems and provided valuable benefits for our development team. Bitbucket has significantly improved our code collaboration process.Bitbucket has become an integral part of our development workflow, enabling us to deliver high-quality software efficiently

there are several aspects of Bitbucket that I found particularly impressive and impactful. Firstly, what I liked most about Bitbucket was its seamless integration with our development workflow. The ability to create and manage repositories, branches, and pull requests directly within Bitbucket simplified our code collaboration process significantly.One of the most impactful features of Bitbucket was its robust version control system. The ability to track changes, revert to previous versions, and compare different branches made it easy for us to manage our codebase effectivelyThe integration of Bitbucket with our existing business infrastructure was relatively straightforward. Overall, Bitbucket proved to be an invaluable tool for our web development projects.

While Bitbucket has been an invaluable tool for our web development projects, there were a few aspects that could be improved uponwe occasionally encountered difficulties when configuring complex CI/CD pipelines within Bitbucket. While the basic configuration was straightforward, more intricate setups or customizations required additional effort and expertiseOne aspect I found limiting was the lack of customization options for the user interface. Bitbucket's interface is functional, but it would be beneficial to have more flexibility in customizing the layout, color schemes, or overall visual appearance to suit individual preferences or align with specific branding requirementsIt's important to note that while these were the aspects we liked least about Bitbucket, they did not significantly hinder our overall experience with the platform

Muhammad
Muhammad
Web Developer in Egypte
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The simplest source code control

5,0 5 jaar geleden

A better integration with other Atlassian products as well as other products like Slack, the very useful pipeline feature that automates the building process, the simplest interface, private repositories even for free users.

To get the most and complete experience for this product is only if you have the Atlassian ecosystem, not so stable as GitHub, but this problem is not common, unable to archive repositories, the search needs a little bit improvement.

Sushant
Sushant
Co-Founder in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Easily manage multiple private projects within a team

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm pretty satisfied with Bitbucket. Once again I'd like to highlight the fact that giving private repositories was a blessing for early-stage startups who keeps an eye on every $$ spent. The integrations with products like JIRA just make it an excellent choice over any other competitor products.

I liked the option of creating private repositories for free in Bitbucket. Github has also started giving this now but Bitbucket is a pioneer in this. The team collaboration is excellent having complete visibility of individuals. JIRA integration is also very powerful. Developers can easily mark the task completed from one place itself.

Small things like solving merge conflicts from the UI would help senior engineers not to go through the IDE. It also gets slow at a certain point. It takes a lot of time in merging the conflicts.

Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 10.000+ werknemers

Atlassian Suite - Bitbucket

5,0 4 maanden geleden

It is similar to Jira Attlasian, however better in terms of ticket management.

Two similar products from the same product company. I use Jira, Bitbucket and Fisheye. They all look similar.

Daniel
None unemployed in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy way to manage code

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It makes it very easy to see the entirety of a project source code at a glance.

Nothing to speak of, it is easy to use and manage.

Ben
Software Engineer in VS
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers

Much better than github

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Bitbucket. It has always provided a more intuitive and easy to use experience. I highly recommend it.

The web-based app is fantastic. It has a great UX, its easy to use, and it just looks nice. My favorite feature is the side-by-side comparison for diff comparisons. Whenever you have code with particularly long lines, the traditional word wrap comparison becomes virtually unusable. But Bitbucket has a really nice side-by-side comparison that allows you to scroll horizontally. It is indispensable. It also integrates with Jira really nicely. Whenever you name a branch after a Jira issue, you get a really handly link in Bitbucket that will display the Jira issue card in modal. Lastly, Bitbucket has better prices for private repos (especially for smaller teams).

Not a strong mobile presence (albeit, there are few cases where you really need to be able to interact with yoru code repos from a mobile device, but it does come up from time to time)

Sam
CTO in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A sturdy and reliable option for managing a GIT repo

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My main piece of software used when managing repos and source control. As I only use the free tier, I cant really argue with the features or the software itself and it keeps my cowboy code as neat as it can! Ha!

The GUI is pretty easy to use and most features are easy to find through the multiple menubars and dashboards.

There are janky moments were the GUI has issues or just dies completely. This happens much less regularly recently. But it is worth noting. I also am not a fan of the pipelines, as compared to the other features its a bit behind other companies

Market leading product by Atlassian

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Bitbucket is a great platform for professional developers for personal and commercial use.

I have been using Bitbucket (personally and commercially) for couple of years and I'm really satisfied with the services and features that they offer. Letting free users create unlimited repos and allowing up to five users is a good way to go, which attracts more users. Pull requests helps to get code reviewed by experts and get them approve before it available for others and helps to maintain quality code leading to quality software. More useful features like Pipeline lets user to deploy/release more often.

As a market leader, pricing plans can be adjusted to attract more

Lee
Web Developer in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Store and manage all your projects

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, BitBucket is great, especially when it's linked up to it's other products, such as JIRA and SourceTree

Version control has a big learning curve, some people pick it up straight away, others don't - and this is where BitBucket shines, it's a fantastic user interface, especially for those that struggle with working with version control.

It is lacking a few features, which we've been promised are coming, so hoping these features arrive soon.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Bitbucket for all

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall our experience has been great. The support is fast to respond to any issues we have or to address any down time concerns seen. Being an Atlassian product it integrates with JIRA which we use pretty seamlessly.

The thing I like most about bitbucket after using it for more than 5 years now is that it is constantly improving to keep up to industry standard. The cloud version if almost flawless in its execution and we have no real issues with the platform.

The thing I would change and like least about the software is the project aspect of it. We need project level permissions and it said it has been coming for years for the cloud version but is not here yet.

Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

Straight forward

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We needed an hassle free GIT cloud solutions that just works and that's what we've got with Bitbucket.

Intuitively and ease for settings and tweaking. When we have a new team member, 15 seconds are needed to add it and voila he's good to go. The projects itself are enough complicated so we don't need more complications from our tools.

Keep things and menus as simple and clean as possible. Power users will find a ways for their needs even if their menu are a little beep hidden / deeper than expected.

Veljko
Lead Engineer in Servië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very easy to use, but lacking some needs for enterprise (non-crucial though)

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We never had any showstopper issues with it, everything simply seems to be working on it's own. It provides enough integration points for CI/CD pipelines and maintenance has never been an issue. We've been using it for years on a mid-big project without issues (~2M lines of code, 4 years worth of active development, now with around ~50 people), and also on some other with client having huge project (~20M lines, ~7 years, ~150 people at the moment).

First thing to note is there's two versions of the software - self hosted and cloud hosted on bitbucket.com. Make sure you know what you're buying as those two vary sometimes significantly in features (e.g. lack of automerge branches in cloud hosted version, which might be a showstopper for you). However, they're constantly putting out updates, so make sure to check the latest version comparisons. In general, the cloud version is the 'skinny one'. Reviewing changes has always been a breeze and the major strong point of bitbucket - it's very easy to start comments, reply, assign tasks, require min number of approvals before merging, etc. The support for git-flow is seamless - the versioning is working always as expected, with auto-merge down to the correct branch detected correctly. We have setup a build engine to it so you can't merge a branch that's failing builds, which works great. The overview of code, branches, PRs is working great, the full-text search throughout entire codebase is amazingly fast (although, it's lacking some basic filters).

Some pull requests are limited to review only the 1000 files - this is unfortunate, because if you have very large projects and with some refactoring you're easily over that number, this doesn't give you ability to see that-very-specific project files you want to check upon. It's annoying as there doesn't seem to be any good reason for the limit. If you have large teams (e.g. imagine 160 people, split into 15 teams), you can't group people which would be useful to see ("PR's of my team" for example would be a nice feature to have). Also missing is what's seen nowadays in github - a recognition for the language that's shown.

Fidelis
Google developer in Canada
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Bitbucket Latest Review 2021

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is great, Bitbucket has done a lot of work towards integration with other software and it has really made my code deployment works easier and faster.

Bitbucket is a great git code management software. I use Bitbucket to store my code, collaborate with my team who are working on the same project as me, test my code either in developer mode or production mode, test and deploy my code in a different format or by importing using git batch. Bitbucket has great extensive features that enable me to own a private code repository free of charge if my team is less than five and upgraded version for team greater than five between a price range of 3 -6 dollars per month which is cheaper compared to what you can achieve with Bitbucket. Its ability to accommodate different programming languages is superb. It also has a great feature for a quality purpose known as version control and continuous integration which helps me to update my code at my convenience without loss or issues arising from my computer clash, thereby making it the best cloud solution. It is easy to use though requires a lot of expertise in the field of software development. I also use Bitbucket to host my project after pushing to my repository. It is very faster and updated regularly by their developers.

From what I can observe while using this Bitbucket software as compared with other code repository software, is that sometimes I find it difficult to use as regards its user interface and the way it is structured though every company has its unique selling point. I said this because if am using software of the same type before and then decide to migrate to bitbucket, I might find the user interface interaction difficult unless I started with bitbucket first.

Meraz
Meraz
Senior Consultant in Ierland
Managementconsulting, 10.000+ werknemers

A Brilliant Code Management Tool

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used a variety of repository management platforms over my career, and Bitbucket offers one of the simplest and cleanest options. The ecosystem they provide and the integration with their other goods are incredible. It makes managing repositories, tasks, and monitoring simple, keeping everyone in the company informed about the progress of their product development.

Simple to utilize when integrating CI/CD with automation pipeline technologies like Jenkins. The issue tracker and branch comparison views are both great. Project labels and milestones may also be created. Jira integration allows you to monitor the pull request from that platform. It also offers some nice third-party software integrations. You may import from SourceForge, SVN, Git, and more. Additionally, if you need to search for a certain item in the repository, I enjoy the search possibilities. Additionally, you may build your own wiki. To commit my code, I use this together with SourceTree (another Atlassian product). Excellent compatibility with other Atlassian applications.One of Bitbucket's biggest advantages is how well it integrates with all of Atlassian's other products, including Jira and Confluence.

The hook system needs an extra plugin to be controllable and easy. Additionally, I had hoped to find methods to quickly download diff patches and a simple method for obtaining LOC information from pull requests, both of which are currently lacking. In addition to this, a few other reporting tools for executives may be used to assess the productivity of developers, etc.

Shmuel
Director of Engineering in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Great Atlassian product

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I like Bitbucket when used with other Atlassian products, the seamless integration makes it a great option for all stakeholders form engineering to business teams

Works well with other Atlassian products with add value for all stakeholders

There is nothing specific, some of the UI and features can be improved

Akshika
Akshika
Senior Java Developer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

An excellent and highly recommended code management tool is Bitbucket

5,0 vorig jaar

It gains power from the ability to integrate with other tools like Jenkins, Jira, and CodeSonar. If we encounter an issue with Bitbucket, we may quickly solve it by consulting its manual or the internet. Additionally, it contains helpful documentation that beginners may access and learn from. By limiting the number of users and granting certain user groups access to the repository, Bitbucket offers security by preventing unauthorized people from approving pull requests. Pull requests are easily produced and display the changes between two versions, making it easier to see what has been changed. The deployment of processes and the completion of user stories and tasks are both greatly aided by the connectors to project management platforms like Jira.

The fact that Bitbucket is less well-known than GitHub and lacks an open table displaying how frequently my repository is pushed are two things I don't like about it. On GitHub, a rectangle with squares in various hues of green is used to symbolize the frequency of commits. The comments in a pull request must be properly arranged. Bitbucket receives less community assistance. Additionally, it would be beneficial if they enhanced their diff tool to make the disputes more obvious.

Tigran
Tigran
Developer in Armenië

Bitbucket review

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is really good software for team development process and if you are not fun of Github you can use this for sure because it has a lot benefits with integration of other atlassian products such as Jira.

This is great subversion software by Atlassian.It has tons of apps you can use with Jira and it's first soft that provided free private repos. I can invite more people for colaboration than Github so it's best option for starting companies to use this for team. Unlike Github I could say that Bitbucket is also used by huge companies because it has Bitbucket server, you can install this to your server and use inside local network.

Truly telling I don't mind any Cons for now that really affects on development process only may it's not available mobile app yet.

Bhavik
Software Engineer in India
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

A Great Version Control Product for Organisation of All Sizes

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with Bitbucket has been really satisfactory and it has been our version control platform of choice. UI is clean and minimal and the design for different version control stuffs is properly handled. There is some room for improvement which will take it to the next level.

Bitbucket provides excellent version control with modern and clean user interface and a plethora of features. Bitbucket also provides excellent CI/CD pipelines. Creating and reviewing PRs is really easy and straightforward. Also, the integrations with other Atlassian products like JIRA and Confluence are really helpful.

Lack of multi-factor login support can be an issue along with lack of desktop apps. Also, the limit in creating private repositories can be a hindrance.

Timothy
Timothy
Software Engineer in VK
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good for source code management and CI

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Reliable, helpful, private repos are good even on free tier! CI a lot to offer.

CI onboarding was very difficult. Had multiple issues with git submodules and building Android projects.

Rahul
Full Stack Developer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Ideal Platform For Maintaining Distinct Repositories For Different Microcontroller Platforms

4,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The finest thing that ever occurred to our team was its integration with JIRA, which made our work much faster and more effective. It is the greatest tool for CI/CD pipeline and version control. It will be regarded as the greatest tool for maintaining separate repositories for various microcontroller platforms.

Whenever a colleague creates a PR, we can manage and debate it among ourselves. The team can design the policies depending on their developer workflow with the assistance of options like branching models and constraints. Its remarkable features and version control capabilities make it the most useful. Users may monitor and handle bugs, feature requests, and other activities directly from the code repository thanks to its integrated issue-tracking system.

Because the search possibilities are limited and you must separately search for repos and code in repos, finding items can be time-consuming. We haven't noticed the Codeowners file feature on the roadmap, which is still under development.