Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Format

Websiteontwerpplatform waarmee bedrijven bestemmingspagina's kunnen maken en bewerken, zodat ze hun werkportfolio's kunnen presenteren.

Meer informatie over Format

What I find most difficult is using it on a cellular device.

Beoordelingen van Format

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Format heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 210 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Format eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (210)

Lydia
Lydia
Freelance Photographer/ Studio Owner in VS
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Best website service out there!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I’m able to use this service for all my online display needs. As a photographer, it’s critical to be able to display my professional portfolio as well as individual client galleries, a contact and services page and list of qualifications. This service allows me to EASILY customize and provide all of these.

There’s nothing I don’t like about about this software. I can’t wait to be completely switched over from my current website provider. My favorite thing about this service is the ability to easily manipulate my website from the app.

Honestly I can’t think of a single thing I don’t like about Format. Other than maybe the fact that everything in life can’t be this easy and friendly.

Heather
Freelance Designer and Artist in Canada
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

There are better options now

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: At the time I started my website, Format's pricing was competitive with the market. It seemed to offer enough features and service quality to be worth the price. Now that a few years have passed, it seems there are more cost effective options.

It seemed to be really designed with creative professionals in mind. I liked that I didn't have to skim through tons of templates and features for blogs and other non-portfolio based website structures. It also has a great design sensibility. I felt I could easily create a clean looking portfolio that emphasized my artwork, as opposed to distracting the user with a flashy design.

For the price I was paying, I felt that I wasn't getting the most out of my investment. The caps on the number of images or projects I could include felt very limiting, but the next tier of subscription felt above my budget and was filled with other perks and features that I didn't need and didn't want to be paying for.

Frank
photographer in VS

Cancel Culture Thrives at Format ~ They Censored Hundreds of Hours of My Work

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Format decided that some of my edgier content violated their terms and services so they cancelled my service leaving me without a website. This could have put me out of business or lost me important opportunities ~ we'll never know ~ and they wouldn't even tell me what exactly I did that violated their paragraph #428 Section 3, paragraph 16, line 87. Decent software but a bug fail on this aspect. Perhaps they folded when they got an anonymous compliant? Or maybe they just don't like art, free expression, ideas and open dialog? All I know is they are against my free speech even though I was very careful to be legal, polite and correct.

I like the software quite a bit although like anything there is a learning curve and you have to have some design and web experience to get the most out of it. I know that I could never afford the one-off coding that went into their system. When people complain about boring templates they don't realize that the Format app allows you to drastically change the look and feel of each template, enough so that you can be unique and make it your own. I think the customization of their templates is their most powerful attribute.

While the mobile versions look good on most phones, not so much with tablets. And while you can use the mobile app to possible correct a typo (maybe) you really can't design a full website from your phone.

Jay
Art Teacher and Photographic Artist in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The ABSOLUTE BEST WEBSITE BUILDER for artists, photographers, and creatives!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: CUSTOMER SERVICE is top notch, and many of them are artists themselves. I love those folks, they’re all very friendly and helpful.

GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL, and CREATIVE themes made for artists. The themes feel like you walked into a web site gallery! No unnecessary clutter that distracts the viewer from the artwork. The software is kept up to date and its easy to use.

No problems , I like it once I learned how to navigate it.

Autumn
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Format is a game changer!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I’ve tried seemingly every common website building company out there - I’m so happy with Format after two years that I’m constantly raving about it to my photographer friends. It negates any need for separate cloud storage, client proofing software, and website/portfolio design products.

Amazing functionality and endless features that are constantly being improved and added to! The annual package is the most ideal solution for a small business owner like me who is focused on streamlining all of my storage, portfolio, proofing and website needs.

I would love to see an improvement to accessing site editing functions on mobile. I’m frequently traveling for work, and am often away from desktop/laptop access to my dashboard, which makes quick changes to the website difficult.

Celine
Photographer in Canada
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I love using Format! The themes are clean and they always try to improve their product.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's always up to date, and I don't have to worry about trying to code myself. Most importantly, I have a modern, professional site to send potential clients that I can be proud of.

I really like how they upgrade and add new options continuously. Great support is there when you need it, and fairly quick as well. They added proofing, which was so important for me, and recently added some helpful tools like batch moving within the proofing category. This literally saves me hours of time. The themes are clean and versatile. If I want to have a change, it's really quick and simple to move to another theme. I really like that I can incorporate video, makes for a more interesting site for viewers.

I really don't have anything I dislike, except that I'm in Toronto, and that's their home base, however, I have to pay in US funds.

Bartosz
Bartosz
Freelance photographer in Nederland

So far the best software for building websites. I can be focused on my work instead of fixing bugs.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Customer support is awesome here! They are answering my questions immediatelly. Format is nice because if you want to keep it simple you can, as I do. I just use it for simple gallery to showcase my photograph and never had any problems with that. Feature called "proofing" saved me a lot of time with selecting photos remotely with my clients. And also it is good because you look more professional with this proofing thing instead of sending numbers of files via email. I would highly recommend this for a photographers.

There are some times that working in "manager panel" is really slow but it's not a big thing. For now the only feature that is missing is uploading files in the background, so you can work on other things in your website while uploading a gallery.

Great Marketting Tool but in need of updates for photographers

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Really incredible, their customer service is second to none, everyone in the team is very knowledgeable about their software and willing to walk you through anything you need to know

This is a great visual software that showcases my work really well

The best photography display option for me does not go fully across the screen- it would be great to have a bit more flexibility with the software to enable this and other updates so that the display matches the current trends.

Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers

Beautiful website for creatives

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Easy to use, simple, designs up to date and responsive

Even though the company is based in Canada (Toronto), there is no option to be charged in $CAD.

Briana
Briana
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very easy to use and figure out, great ability to customize. Affordable and amazing customer service

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A beautiful website and a one place to do most aspects of what I need from my site.

The drag and drop is easy to use, and it looks great. You can easily figure out what any problems or elements are, and how to adjust them. There's a easy web pop up to get to customer service if you have any issues. They offer a blog, store, portfolio, client gallery, and all sorts of templates so that you can "do it all". They also helped me with linking to my domain and everything that entailed.

There was a bit of experimentation necessary to figure out how to properly use the tag system, it's a bit different from others I've used, but easy to fix once I figured it out.

Carlos
Architecture Photographer in Nicaragua
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I've been with format for years now and their customer service has been great and very supportive.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A clean and elegant web site that impress my customers.

Their customer service is great and I am very pleased. Also, I like the fact that I can customized most of the template. The templates are specialized for photographers and that is something I appreciate a lot.

Latest changes and new home page (where you login), I do not like the videos they put there. Template should become even more minimalistic. They way Pages are displayed could be improved, maybe on a different arrange of list. It would also be great to have a built-in app that help creating high quality GIF animations or flash videos.

Photographer in VS

I love what Format offers. I have used other software company and this is by far a winner.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Love the interface and the look of my site is fresh and clean; Lot of themes to choose from. I also love the fact that Format has "proofing", it allows me to easily share my images with clients and that make a world of difference in my workflow.

I wish I could save my client's email in the proofing, on the back-end. I also wish I could send Tiff files via the "proofing" app.

Paul
Illustrator in VK

Easy to use and looks great.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

I like the way Format are always refining and improving their offering. Also, if you want coding changes they are always super helpful and quick to implement.

Some thought needs to go into the online shop offering. Currently I'm not able to make the images as large as I would like to help customer decision making. But I'm sure they're working on it!

Frank-Joseph
Illustrator in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very easy interface and beautiful designs let me focus on my own projects, instead of web design!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Format is wildly easy to use, with beautiful templates to choose from, and an unimaginably large breadth of customization an artist can utilize. I host two of my websites on Format, and will likely never go back! I appreciate the frequent updates, and occasional emails and "tips" the team sends out.

The interface is very easy and intuitive, but still offers ways to customize templates to fit your needs. I had found other web building sites daunting, but Format is clean, professional, and lets me focus on actually doing art, instead of biting my nails over web design. I appreciate the frequent updates, and very fast customer service.

The price could be a deterrent to some people, but honestly, I'll probably never move my two websites to a different host.

Alex

Format for Photographers

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Format has been AMAZING! I have tried using Wix, Adobe Portfolio and SquareSpace for my online portfolio/website, but Format has been the software I Love the Most! Love the different design options and the ability to change colors, typography styles, and sizes.

I love all the features about Format. First and foremost, I LOVE the different design options depending on what kind of portfolio you want to have and to show to future employers. I love that Format lets you choose different subscriptions plans with different features and additions. I also love that format automatically saves your portfolio as you edit it. It's very easy to share your Format portfolio with others.

One thing I dislike about Format is that you cannot pay for a 6 month plan. Its either monthly or yearly

Cameron

Amazing

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can showcase my work on a beautiful easy to use platform.

I have been using format for about 4 years now and choosing them over other website builders was the best decision. Compared to square space and other platforms, format is definitely the most straight forward and easy to use. They have a super simple which makes even the messiest website clean and minimal. The proofing link section has made my life way easier for sure.

I wish there were more options to choose from for layouts and fonts. I think it would be cool to have some animations to choose from, Maybe even a logo designer. Besides that there really isn't much more I would change.

Al
Photographer in Ierland
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

An easy and user friendly way to present a creative portfolio, with contemporary templates.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use. Looks good.

Very easy to use and keep up to date with the drag and drop backend, but fully open advanced customisation to let custom CSS personalise the website.

Without a knowledge of website design, the default backends don't cover some basic elements of customisation.

Catharina
Photographer in Nederland
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great for online portfolios and professional websites,

Opmerkingen: Professional portfolio

What I like most about Format is that it both works for personal blogs and professional websites including web shops.

The least part I like is that there aren't a lot of preset designs available. The ones that are available are great though.

kadosa
photographer in Taiwan
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

It's easy to use , and I often update my photos, so storage is very important to me.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Can introduce my work to others

I like the design of this site theme, there are many different simple design, and easy way to operate.

I can not download photos from my format website to my computer, and the new admin interface is a bit unaccustomed.

Meagan

I LOVE THIS SITE

5,0 7 jaar geleden

It's user-friendly, professional and affordable. I am able to update my work in a matter of minutes. It is completely amazing. I recommend format to everyone that asks me about websites. Best purchase for my business!

Matthew
Photographer in Australië
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A great product (though I found something better)

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Format served me well and provided very good customer service. I used it happily for a small number of years albeit at a fairly simple level. It allowed me to share galleries that provided a reasonable user experience for my clients and to promote my business with an attractive website.

I settled on Format because it offered most features I was looking for at an acceptable price point. At the time I was looking mainly for a way to share galleries with clients for review. What I liked most was the ability to customise templates via HTML. The customer service from Format was very good.

The e-commerce functionality did not meet my needs at the right price point, and I found the configuration options for client galleries limiting. It's important to note that I last used Format close to 2 years ago.

Adriana
Photographer in Mexico
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I love it, user friendly.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It gives my photography business a better image. clients love that they can access thier photos whenever they want.

simple, great designs, wonderful customer service. My customers Love the proofing feature. So versatile.

I don't like the way the mobile app works. I can do nothing on it. I wish I could access my account and dowload fotos for social media sharing.

Grant
Art Director/Photographer in VK
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Looks good, easy to use

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was able to get a new site up and running very quickly. That not only looked good but was responsive.

I particularly like the modular approach of the themes. It makes it easy to adapt each one to your own needs. This actually means you can have your site up and running quickly. And amend just as quickly. The supplied font choices are simple but nicely chosen to suit a website for a creative.

Personally, I'd like to be able to add a carousel easily. I imagine if I upgraded I'd be able to add some javascript to the code to do this. But it doesn't seem to be possible on the personal level. Occasionally it can be a bit tricky to get image sizes right. Getting them small enough rather than too large that is.

Ciera

Easy to use!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Makes my site look professional and easy for users to navigate through. It's simple and light and I love the quality of options

Josh
Photographer in Italië

Amazing

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Easy and practical, it's very easy to navigate through and everything is easy to understand and change, it' very simple but the best website for me

Limitations of features. There are some features that I would love to have but format just doesn't have it yet.