Over Sage 100

Sage 100cloud is een ERP-platform voor groeiende en middelgrote distributeurs en fabrikanten.

Meer informatie over Sage 100

The production management module helps us keep track of all inventoried products and our built product. It can be easy to use if you know what you are doing.

You'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

Beoordelingen van Sage 100

3,8
3,7
3,9
Waar voor je geld
3,7

Sage 100 heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 284 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Sage 100 eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (284)

Adam
Adam
SR Supply Chain, FP&A analyst in VS
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Good for small to medium business

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Huge improvements over earlier Sage products

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been able to greatly improve how our manufacturing processes across various locations are reflected in our budgets and accounting practices. It's saved us thousands of hours per year in terms of extracting the data, manipulating it, and putting it back into Sage for final reporting. You can now do that within Sage 100.

Our organization moved from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and wow, what a difference! We thought Sage was the issue, but really the business had just outgrown the more base version of the software. Sage 100 can fully handle complex costing and processes present in a modern day manufacturing business. It can collect data at various nodes in the process and roll them up for budgeting and forecasting.

We use a lot of agile software platforms on our sales and ecommerce side of the business, and Sage 100's API catalog doesn't really keep up with what's needed to move quickly in 2020.

Nichole
Settlements Administrator/Billing in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Decent Accounting Software

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I’ve been using this program for 7 years in my current position. I process driver payroll and billing in a trucking and warehousing company. We use it daily in my department. Everyone seems to like it okay.

I like that you can save your favorites in one spot so you can easily get to the reports and functions you use frequently. Everything is straight forward so it’s fairly easy to train new people on this program.

I’ve had a lot of issues with if someone else is using the same area/module as you it doesn’t warn you it just tries to do what you want and then just force closes yours and tells you after the fact. And then you’re like what the heck where was I at in the process? So beware of that. Also connecting printers to this has been a total PITA on more than numerous occasions.

Renee
Senior Accountant and Head of Office Administration in
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Jason
Systems Specialist in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers

Great for Small Businesses

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Sage 100 acts as the accounting system for our entire business. It's great for small businesses like ours.

We use Sage 100 for A/P, A/R, and G/L and those modules work great for our business. The interface is simple to use and customizable so you can see only the fields that are important to you. We've also built several import jobs to be able to import data from our other systems.

My only complaint with Sage 100 is that it practically requires a third-party to help you implement and upgrade every so often. I wish the upgrade process was more intuitive and better documented so that a third-party would not be necessary.

Stosh
owner in VS
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

To many steps to do simple daily process

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Sage works, support companies and eide bailey sold it to us did not do there due diligence in my opinion selling us the software we needed that would handle what we do. Integration problems and being told to use a certain card processing that did not work without a bridge with fusion costing us more money and have had it out 4 times in the last week.

The accounting portion is probably the most complete.

To me there is several cons we have found after the purchase. My biggest complaint being the amount of time it takes to do simple process. Example: when we have price changes and adjustments to make, it can not be done from a central place. As a dealer that is retail and wholesale both, we have to change retail in one screen, wholesale on another, and finally cost in a completely different location. When you have 30k items this takes 4 times longer than other systems. My other major complaint is dealing with several different companies to get everything you need to support sage for daily operation. We have experienced finger pointing back and forth from the support companies of whose problem it is and nothing gets corrected for months. As I say we are over 2 years from our sign up and it has been a multitude of issues and we are still not complete. Delays on large orders put into fusion portion are a time killer.

Shawn
VP in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Sage 100 Love Hate Relationship

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been a mixed bag. Having used since Mas 90 4.05. We are "comfortable withe the software and it does the job for us. Currnetly running Sage 100 2019. Upgraded from 2017 because we had to due to payroll module support. For a small business this is very expensive software and I often feel that we could do what we need with less expensive software. For what we pay annually to Sage and what we pay every 2 years to a Support company for basically mandatory upgrades, I am not sure we get our moneys worth. This will probably be the last upgrade we do for a Sage product. Will start looking for an alternative, more modern feeling cloud based solution with plans to rollover in 2022 unless something changes with our current platform.

There are a lot of features that help us run our business

Many of the features are inconsistent in the implementation. Lack of standardization in reports.

Elizabeth
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer. This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

Design Engineer in VS
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The right choice to handle your Product Lifecycle Management.

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has so many modules that you can use from Bill of materials on products and components, inventory of the products and components, the billing of customers and suppliers and the management of in process products in the manufacturing phase.

The way you can manage the bill of material when developing and maintaining products in the manufacturing facility.

Sometimes it goes very slow when changing from interfaces of different modules.

Julia
Project Manager in VS
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers

Standard Accounting Software

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

We have been using Sage for a long time as it is what our accountant is most familiar with and it does a great job for standard accounting processes. It can integrate with other products easily and is easy to use once trained.

The interface and some features leave a lot to be desired. The product has some quirks that are unique to Sage.

Jim
CFO in VS
Groothandel, 11-50 werknemers

Sage 100 Review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Kenneth
Vice President in VS
Maritiem, 11-50 werknemers

Sage 100c 2017 - 2019 review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Company replaced Platinum for DOS which had been in place for 20+ years. So moving to Sage 100c and having the ability to drill down into the data is a great feature. Being able to email invoices/purchase orders have improved the productivity of employees (they no longer have to go look for hard copies).

First off is the User Define Fields (UDF), if a field is not in the software or you have something unique that needs to be captured, as an end user you can add the field without custom programming or use of a VAR. The next feature would be Visual Integrator (Import/Export utility), this feature is great for either uploading data into Sage or exporting data for analysis. Memo Fields are great! Paperless Office is great along with the ability to email invoices, purchase orders, etc. Sage Intelligence is a love/hate relationship: Very easy to build reports, but the runtime for running reports takes a long time (i.e. most of my reports 1-2 minutes) versus the standard Sage financial reports of 10-15 seconds.

The Extended Description for inventory items. For the life of me, not sure why Sage still uses the Extended Description in inventory. This makes it very difficult for data imports or exports. If your company does drop shipments then really understand how it works. On the inventory side you end up with a black hole. Moving invoices from one batch to another is limited utility due to no one can be in the batch, so we end up moving invoices after hours. When running the Period End process for a module locks users out, so this normally has to be done during none business hours. Sage is weak in the inventory physical count area (i.e. cycle counting).

Jeff
Overheidsadministratie, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced -solid on standard accounting -multi-company/location/entity reporting -import/export works well -test company option helps new users acclimate -simple bank reconciliation module -security and role definitions -GL reports are very useful to financial experts

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation... -there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials. -Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business. -there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products. -Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase) -There are no reports that show unposted JEs -AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage. -Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options. -No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

James
Manager in VS
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Great software for a small growing business

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Bill
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Craig
Owner in VS
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

SAGE 100 is a Winner

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, Sage has helped with running our business and keeping everything straight - I would say my (our) experience with Sage has been a positive one.

It is a very robust package of modules - each module is for a specific task - general ledger, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Once you have your company setup you assign your staff to be responsible for one of the modules and they become the expert in the module. All modules are integrated with the other modules so there is no need to upload and run sync programs - it is all done for you.

Sometimes the modules are not as intuitive as other modules - I can only guess different software designers designed different modules and therefore the nuances of writing logical code differ from individual to individual. This makes more a bit of discontinuity across the modules. Somethings a module will crash due to some parameter not having a specific number or letter in the database (don't even know how that would happen!) and you cannot diagnose it yourself - you have to call customer service. It will cost you money if you don't have a CS plan and chew up at least an hour of your time. However, in fairness it does not happen too often.

Ezechiel Narcisse
Ezechiel Narcisse
CEO in Ivoorkust
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

New Sage 100cloud software is great

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Sharon
CFO in VS
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Victoria
IT Manager in VS
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

CHERRY

HR Manager in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Good program

4,0 4 jaar geleden

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

Kathryn
Acctg & Benefits Mgr in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

waiting for many enhancements Sage 100 Contractor

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: been a struggle and had to create many manual systems outside the software to operate and manage the business

covers all the basic functions

missing many key functions, has too many restricted areas that need to be more user-friendly, that were not designed by real life users

Kimberly
Marketing, Director in VS
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

A Well Travelled Work Horse

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

Johanes
Machinebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Sage 100 - My Review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

IT Director in VS
Magazijnen/opslag, 11-50 werknemers

Sage 100 Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to grow our company and the suite has been able to support this with enough customization and scalability.

We have been using the Sage ERP Suite for over 10 years and it has been very reliable with only a few issues along the way. In there new releases they have mitigated the issues we have run into. We have been able to customize quite a bit to make it more streamlined for our users.

Payroll we had some issues with and moved to another solution.