Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Oracle PeopleSoft

Uitgebreid systeem voor het beheer van verspreide IT-middelen. Integreert met financiële Oracle- en CRM IT-helpdesksystemen.

Meer informatie over Oracle PeopleSoft

Have been using peoplesoft at a client site for AR monitoring and assessing credit applications. Very good upward and downward integrations with many give and get exchanges.

I find PeopleSoft to be somewhat difficult to learn. I don't find it to be intuitive and the interface appears outdated.

Beoordelingen van Oracle PeopleSoft

3,8
3,9
4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,7

Oracle PeopleSoft heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 275 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Oracle PeopleSoft eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (275)

Christina
Christina
Research Scientist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Functional but slow and clunky

4,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Blanca
Blanca
Especialista de RRHH in Venezuela
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

People Soft

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

Anthony
HRBP in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Peoplesoft Review

5,0 4 maanden geleden

It was easy to use and an HRMS system. It was straight forward.

Right now it seems Peoplesoft is outdated. Systems like Workday is the state of the art now.

Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

Jared
Jared
HRIS Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good Product with Lots of Features But Difficult to Maintain

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A very good tool, that was feature rich and allowed you to build custom business process, but you could you shoot yourself in the foot with the customization, and get stuck doing custom processes.

I like how customizable the tool is to match whatever business process you have. It has strong reporting capabilities and can handle very complex process.

With the customization we had to do lots of regression testing when new updates came out. Sometimes this broke our customization and required much more work.

Erica
Erica
Advising and Admissions Coordinator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft is the system I use daily to fulfill my daily tasks in higher education

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fulfilling my daily tasks in my position of higher education more easily than with other systems, This software is most important to my job.

The versatility of the system and ease of use makes my daily tasks in higher education quicker. I use this system everyday to help my students navigate their educational goals. I use it to run reports, admit students, track students, and advise students.

The system can be cumbersome in some aspects of it's use in terms of areas speaking to one another, but over all there are not many cons to list.

Sabrina
Sabrina
Department Business Administrator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Decent product by a leading provider

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it is a decent product, there are some inefficiencies within the program; however, I believe this could be fixed based on the buildout for the organization and what developers identify is needed.

One of the main features I love about this product is the development of reports and queries. It also allows reports to be exported into various formats as well.

Some of the processes within the program are redundant. Requesting information can be a bit inefficient because the program requests various steps to produce one report or functionality within the system.

Deepali
Deepali
Software Development Analyst in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Peoplesoft is a ERP tool which make easy organization work.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: it helps to make organization work easy.

I have done work on peopleosoft financial as developer .Oracle has given almost everything in ERP. What is good in this tool it make easy to track any organization work.Good thing is it makes easy to understand application for both i.e for developer and for client because both knows the functional of application so client easily can tell what is exact their requirement and as developer knows about ERP so for them it is easy to do changes what exact client want.For any organization it helps to reduce extra cost and time on organization finance system or HR system because Peopesoft ERP handle everything.

it is very old ERP now I prefer to select workday or fusion over peoplsoft because they have lot of new features which make easy to understand ERP but in peoplesoft it is little bit time taking process to understand functional. Many bugs you will get and for them Oracle has not given any patches in new release.

Restaurants, 201-500 werknemers

PeopleSoft HR Best Friend

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Very good and simple, it has many modules that help the running of business very accessible, HR and Payroll, invoicing, inventory and many more task

The cloud option could be better, also entering information has to be done line by line

June
June
Talent Director in VS
Human Resources, 201-500 werknemers

Good software with lots of reporting functions.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Robust software with great reporting and streamlined processes.

Integrated with online applications well, great reporting options and easy export to Excel. Process is streamlined and easy to enter notes, add orders, customers, etc.

Reporting is great but seems to be hard for many people to grasp as there are so many options to choose from when running a report. Does let you save reports but if you need to tweak, most people need a Subject Matter Expert to help them.

Matt
Matt
Human Resources Business Partner in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Good holistic HRIS

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good and Oracle provides a holistic suite of options which makes this a nice product to have if you are thinking about going to one vendor for all needs.

The ability to manage all HR needs - compensation, performance, reporting, HRIS, etc. It was a very powerful tool as well and had lots of ability to create custom fields for extensive reporting capabilities.

The interface, especially the reporting query portal, was difficult to learn and navigate.

Bonnie
instructor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

PeopleSoft

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

hedaia
Planning Manager in Jordanië
Bouw, 10.000+ werknemers

Long-term human resource management systems

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a result, you may use this tool to plan your human resources, and it can also help you find a solution to your problem. Always go with the option that is most beneficial to your company's long-term survival.

In terms of ERP and HRM, PeopleSoft is a top-notch solution. Employee data serve as the basis for this cloud-based application, which is used to manage numerous business requirements. Anyone can use it because it has a simple user interface. By using several IDs, you can search for an employee and get all the records they've kept while working for you in PeopleSoft. To put it succinctly, I admire Oracle systems because they place a high value on the long-term viability of the organization as a whole.

In spite of the fact that this isn't always a bad thing, you must always stop working while technology specialists provide technical support, which is inconvenient at times. I also think the user interface's simplicity is outdated and needs to be updated, as it frequently bores me.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Robust, customisable and one of the most reliable ERP product available in the current market

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is very robust ERP tool with lot of potential and stability

PeopleSoft happens to be in the market since early 1990s and is one of the most used and most reliable ERP product available in the market. With the constant updates from Oracle and impactful Oracle support you are never going to face any grey days with your application. It have very stable customisation options and can be used for wide range of users. HCM, HRMS, Finance are the most reliable modules available with PeopleSoft. Also with the recent versions of PeopleSoft, support for the Cloud is also been introduced with PeopleSoft which makes it more usable and easy to deploy.

Old technology Old User interface Less availability of experienced resources in the market. No clear end of life date from Oracle Costly updates

Financiële dienstverlening, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft

4,0 5 jaar geleden

There is a lot that can be done with this software. My current job requires us to use this software as well as the university where I am currently a student. Part of my job is to generate expense reports or fund equity reports as well as create and update vouchers through this software and so far it has been productive.

When I generate reports, it takes about 3 minutes per report. I usually have to generate reports for multiple departments so in order to save time, I like to initiate the process for all of them so that I can multitask and save time. Unfortunately when I do that, the system gets confused and doesn't register when I pick a different department and ends up generating 2 of the same report. I think that is something that they can optimize better.

Colette
Fin Aid Assistant in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft the way of the People

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am a user since 2014 , the software is an integral part of my day to day work functions. PeopleSoft has streamlined our institutions daily functions. I.E. Student Accounts, Satisfactory Academic Process, Access to Unit Loads, all the essential data that an institution needs to better serve it's students. Students also have access to their data at a click of a mouse.

Accessibility , user friendly, collaborative , our students information access, and ability to review and resolve issues.

Some students find it difficult to use , It would be better if tutorials were better presented and distributed to student users

Breanne
Project Manager in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

PO Processing

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the program is amazing and invoice tracking, tracking of GLs and budgets. It helps to consolidate reports to get an overall picture of where you budget is at for various properties. This is a great software for commercial property management.

This program is great for processing of POs. It helps to connect both the original PO to the invoice and then offsets once payment is completed. It has amazing reports that can be run project specific so you always know if you job is on budget.

This program can be quite cumber-sum and hard to teach to new employees. It is not very intuitive and requires lots of training.

Milieudiensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft user for 11 years

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the tool serves it's purpose well and meets the basic needs of the company.

We utilize PeopleSoft for accounting, travel and expense reimbursement, procurement, asset management, vendors, lease administration and procure-to-pay. The latest version of the software is much better than the old classic interface but still seems to be trailing other solutions.

My biggest challenge with the tool is the amount of internal IT resources and outside consultants that it takes to accomplish even the most mundane fix or improvement.

Nancy
Risk Management Specialist in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft General Ledger

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: PeopleSoft is an efficient, effective general ledger tool, both for daily users and those who just need to periodically look up accounting transactions. It also offers reasonable solutions for automated internal controls over financial reporting.

I initially was involved in the selection and customization of the PeopleSoft General Ledge for my organization, as a member of the Finance & Accounting team. PeopleSoft offers easy to learn processes for inputting journal entries and running queries and reports. In addition, now that I've moved on to another department - risk management - I can refer to PeopleSoft to understand how various transactions related to insurance claims were accounted for. In addition, I have been pleased with the system capabilities as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting. We set up the system such that journal entries cannot be posted without secondary review and approval.

PeopleSoft does require quite a bit of customization to really make it work for an individual organization. I never felt that we were able to get our custom reporting to its full potential, as we just didn't have enough time to focus on it.

Lisa
HRRM in VS
Chemicaliën, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Decent features, but too difficult to use

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: it is our system of record for employee data

People Soft is able to house a wide variety of employee data on many different areas of employee experience (benefits, compensation, education, beneficiaries and so on, etc.).

extremely difficult to maneuver, not user-friendly at all, difficult to tweak the smallest items, doesn't interface well with other HR tools. query functionality is not intuitive, very challenging to pull meaningful data.

Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

Very Hokey Program

4,0 6 jaar geleden

You've probably used Peoplesoft at some point in your life; whether you went to University or used it at work for HR Systems - it does a lot and has a lot of abilities; but, the cost is enormous and it had a lot of problems from an end-user perspective.

Constantly having to update the software because end users have issues. Very hokey in its execution Constantly requires JAVA updates?? Oracle charges a lot to keep it in service.

Charlotte
Operations Coordinator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Oracle PeopleSoft - Offers Variety

5,0 2 jaar geleden

This product offers a range of uses from reporting to contract entering, PeopleSoft assists in the functionality of an organization. Running queries in PeopleSoft is a helpful way to meet goals and gauge progress. Using the 'favorites' option provides quick access to your most used tools.

The downside about this software is that it can be a bit cumbersome searching for a new tool or an option you are unfamiliar with. An updated search option could improve the accessibility and overall use of PeopleSoft.

Sarah
Admissions Director in VS
Leger, 10.000+ werknemers

You can get the information quickly if you're trained up to do it

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Organization of mass information

This software allows you to create intricate databases with multiple different uses over extremely large organizations.

It's not very intuitive, relies on special product codes many of the times, and can be really clunky. Ultimately you can get the information you need but it also relies on the organization to know how to create a well-customized product, which isn't always the case/ability.

Molly
Student Affairs Administrator in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Oracle Review - AIS/SIA/ASTRA

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The many features of AIS allow all student degree progress information to be stored in one convenient place.

"Academic Information Systems" by Oracle (AIS) has tons of functions and features to sort students by many categories, and to pull relevant information based on a number of features. Degree audits in AIS are simple, and it's easy to see a student's past transcript history.

Astra, the room reservation feature, is clunky and requires the user to log in multiple times per hour. It also has trouble loading large amounts of information quickly.

sheri
LTC Office Lead in Canada

used both for managing people as well as finance.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: well managed finance and HR profiles

The program works very well for managing human resource data like accomplishments etc and for managing educational courses etc. I have also enjoyed the financial side where it effectively manages purchase orders and accounts payable.

The reporting features are not so easy to navigate and not all export to excel formats come through with nice formatting.

Cory
Cory
Attorney in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Gets the job done

3,0 5 jaar geleden

It is one place to access previous paychecks, mileage reimbursement forms, PTO requests, and salary information. It is relatively user-friendly once you learn the system.

There are some pages, such as the travel/expense form, that do not have any buttons to go back to the homepage. Instead, you have to X out and get back into PeopleSoft manually. It's very inconvenient.