Oracle PeopleSoft reviews

Over Oracle PeopleSoft

Uitgebreid systeem voor het beheer van verspreide IT-middelen. Integreert met financiële Oracle- en CRM IT-helpdesksystemen.

Meer informatie over Oracle PeopleSoft

Have been using peoplesoft at a client site for AR monitoring and assessing credit applications. Very good upward and downward integrations with many give and get exchanges.

I find PeopleSoft to be somewhat difficult to learn. I don't find it to be intuitive and the interface appears outdated.

Beoordelingen van Oracle PeopleSoft

3,7
3,9
4,0
Waar voor je geld
3,7

Oracle PeopleSoft heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 271 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Oracle PeopleSoft eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (271)

Christina
Christina
Research Scientist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Functional but slow and clunky

4,0 vorig jaar
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Blanca
Blanca
Especialista de RRHH in Venezuela
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

People Soft

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers

Oracle People Soft. Best Accounting Package to buy.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As this is a cloud based product, i didnot faced any issues with this product. initial startup requires proper learning and hands on, but as compared to other accounting packages, its quite proficient and easy to use.

It is like all under one roof. we can manage and review financial aspects, analyze our inventory tracking, rate our suppliers and can manage them easily,etc. etc.

Internet should be available all the times. Sometimes due to technical issues we can face serious problems.

Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

Laura
BOC in VS
Medische praktijk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Users Opinion

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: There are good and bad qualities to all products/systems. The more you use it the easier it becomes to navigate. Oracle was great about changing their view of the product to be better at being visually appealing to the eye and reading/navigating for the older generations who join the team at later times.

For the most part user friendly. Most updates are straight forward.

Some features are limited. There could always be better explanation on how to use those features.

Maizy
Music Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Great Data Communication Tool

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we have used PeopleSoft for years, and have had little issues with it. Despite it being a basic tool, it works well, and we plan to keep it for that.

My company has used Oracle PeopleSoft for a many years. Our main uses of it include sharing benefits information, new hire resources, compensation history, as well as our talent profile. It's used in-house, and has made it easy for information to be gather (from Oracle database) and disseminated to the employees.

My only complaint is that the tool is kind-of old fashioned and basic. There are numerous means of querying information and providing it to the user, so in the grand scheme of things, the tool hasn't seemed that special to me.

Sabrina
Sabrina
Department Business Administrator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Decent product by a leading provider

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it is a decent product, there are some inefficiencies within the program; however, I believe this could be fixed based on the buildout for the organization and what developers identify is needed.

One of the main features I love about this product is the development of reports and queries. It also allows reports to be exported into various formats as well.

Some of the processes within the program are redundant. Requesting information can be a bit inefficient because the program requests various steps to produce one report or functionality within the system.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Good old product with almost all upto date features

4,0 6 maanden geleden

It is pretty old product and most the issues were easily resolvable with the help of community, no need to wait for customer support.

They stopped supporting old verisons of on premise implementations, now a days offerings are mostly as SaaS and licensing based which is at little bit higher end in terms of cost.

Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Updates

3,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Kind of okay

The short cuts use to access some futures

Always asking for luckin when my computer is sleeping

Zulay
Zulay
Production Coordinator in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Once you get the hang of it is not as bad, it has many functions can build many reports.

Sometimes it can be slow takes time to build reports.

Anne
RTM in Filipijnen
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Oracle

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent!

This software is very useful for people inside the production!

It is somehow traditional. But could be improved.

Bonnie
instructor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

PeopleSoft

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

hedaia
Planning Manager in Jordanië
Bouw, 10.000+ werknemers

Long-term human resource management systems

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: As a result, you may use this tool to plan your human resources, and it can also help you find a solution to your problem. Always go with the option that is most beneficial to your company's long-term survival.

In terms of ERP and HRM, PeopleSoft is a top-notch solution. Employee data serve as the basis for this cloud-based application, which is used to manage numerous business requirements. Anyone can use it because it has a simple user interface. By using several IDs, you can search for an employee and get all the records they've kept while working for you in PeopleSoft. To put it succinctly, I admire Oracle systems because they place a high value on the long-term viability of the organization as a whole.

In spite of the fact that this isn't always a bad thing, you must always stop working while technology specialists provide technical support, which is inconvenient at times. I also think the user interface's simplicity is outdated and needs to be updated, as it frequently bores me.

Jennifer
Administrative Assistant II in
Nutsbedrijven, 501-1.000 werknemers

Web-based programming for processing requisitions and purchase orders and HR tracking.

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My company uses this program for requesting and processing purchase orders among other things. We also use the HR features for tracking employees and classes. It's easy to use, if not totally user friendly. There are some areas that it is not completely intuitive, but otherwise it definitely gets the job done. It doesn't run a smooth as it should on some browser versions, but works well enough. The only thing I would love to see incorporated would be the option to use hot keys or even "Alt" keys.

This program is easy to use. There are search functions that help find what you are looking for. And there is a dashboard area that lets you know right away if there is something that needs your attention.

The HR part of the software is not very user intuitive. The options to choose can get fairly confusing. The program doesn't work well with all version of my browser. I have learned to deal with the quirks the program on my browser.

Rachel
Loan Officer in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Cumbersome

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been extremely uneven. I've learned it now, so I wouldn't love switching, but I would agree that another product would be superior.

Once you learn it, it's OK. It does give you the ability to favorite screens, which speeds things up.

There are truly a long list of things that I don't like, but one of the biggest is that everything is a mod request. The favorites sometimes attach themselves to the ID of the student that was on the screen at the time, and then I have to watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to be sure that I'm on the right student. Comments? Can't be edited or deleted. Not fun. Plus, it times out on me ALL the time. If it does? It won't restart properly for me fo the next half hour, so I'm always toggling between multiple browsers.

Shana
Office Coordinator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Very flexible system, easy to use

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Once you know the system well, it is very easy to build the report or journal entries for pretty much any requirements. The system is very flexible and it is really useful when you are trying to find a particular number or transaction in large company

Easy to learn, easy to navigate system. Once you are comfortable with one version of People Soft, you can easily adopt to upgrades. It is almost impossible to post out of balance journal ( system protects itself). Account mapping is not complicated, but does require knowledge of People Soft and accounting itself ( like ability to do T accounts). I worked on People Soft in the very large and medium one, People Soft worked well in both companies

Some variety of People Soft do not allow to run across different business units and this is quite painful for accounting group during month end close. Crystal reports could be very tricky and have a tendency to slow down at the inopportune moments.

NADEEM
BA in Canada
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

PeopleSoft - Time and Labor 9.2

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Like many suites of PeopleSoft, the integrations of self-service, reporting and rule-based time codes are well built.

My overall experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 Time and Labor was positive. The Oracle documentation was well detailed and configuration was easy to follow and test. Preparation of user-end training was going smoothly using other Oracle learn and try products.

Like any large ERP, the implementation cycles were difficult. The team required to complete various task have to be pros, otherwise, you will run into issues in every cycle of the product.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Poorly designed

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Not much. The financial portion was pretty limited but it made it sort of easy to understand without too much training.

The HR product was godawful. Payroll Expense Transfers would take hours to complete bc costs would go to 2 decimals but percentages to 3, and the system would automatically round up to costs that actually weren’t there if the two were at odds. Sometimes this would happen I should say, and it wasn’t consistent. Total waste of time for something that shouldn’t happen.

BRIDGETTE
BRIDGETTE
ACCOUNTANT in VS
Administratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

ORACLE PEOPLESOFT

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use the software for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll.

I have peoplesoft for many years. If you purchase everything you need when getting the program, you should not have any issues using. We use the software for AP, AR and payroll.

This particular peoplesoft software we are using for the current State Agency I work for is the worse peoplesoft software I ever used. It has limitations, not user friendly, and difficult to fix without cost.

Farmaceutica, 10.000+ werknemers

Peoplesoft really a good Software and Good for Business outcomes

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Talking about overall Ecperince i am good with Oracle Peoplesoft. many good features available to use and implement. Price wise, I'm not happy with Oracle People soft.

I have used Oracle Peoplesoft for 4-5 years and find this very good and easy to use. There are many modules we can use as per out business requirements.

Some issue with the reporting dashboard and integration with another application.

Taylor
Cash Applications Specialist in VS
Administratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great for managing accounts

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use this to manage premium payments, bonus money, commissions, and other monetary transactions as needed for a large insurance company.

It’s pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. A lot of stuff behind the scenes that seems to be customizable to your company’s needs. As a front end user, I’m able to manage various payments to accounts in multiple departments smoothly.

It takes some time to learn everything, and when you’re short staffed it can make you wish it was a mute elf explanatory user experience, but nothing we couldn’t work around.

Taraiya
HR Business Parner-Compensation in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Peoplesoft For HR is ok if you have full training and know the customization

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Used peoplesoft to for Human Resources to hire new employees, set up compensation, and work assignments, classify them with a specific position number.

I liked the ability to house different employee groups, hourly and salary. I also liked the option of having multiple work assignments set up for a single employee to show the different position, along with compensation, ability to track anniversary dates, and the automation of the pay lines that created based on the updates to the employee.

The system is complicated and has many layers. I didn't understand the need for the multiple modules for employee groups, and the many screens you had to update to complete updates to an employees persona data. Specifically, updating emergency contact, education info, or address changes were entered on different screens, in setting up new employee instance. I would like the same ability to make those updates enter at the same time same screen since it still personal data. But this could be because of the customization of the organization.

Heroel
Senior Storekeeper in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very cumbersome and frustrating

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It helps in our accounts payable department. By receiving products in the system, we can quickly pay invoices to our suppliers

I like that the system can search a wide variety of information. Also that files can be attached and opened once payments have been finalized.

The printing process is unbearable. There is no clear print function in the system. Also the limitations are very frustrating when it comes to operating the system

Molly
Student Affairs Administrator in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Oracle Review - AIS/SIA/ASTRA

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The many features of AIS allow all student degree progress information to be stored in one convenient place.

"Academic Information Systems" by Oracle (AIS) has tons of functions and features to sort students by many categories, and to pull relevant information based on a number of features. Degree audits in AIS are simple, and it's easy to see a student's past transcript history.

Astra, the room reservation feature, is clunky and requires the user to log in multiple times per hour. It also has trouble loading large amounts of information quickly.

Mohd Irfan
Tevhnical Consultant in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Among the good ERP tools

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ERP portal is developed and is being used by many employees

The functionality provided is very good , peoplecode can be written as per our choice and requirement , custom objects can be created and used for building the overall look of the system.

The tool wont last longer as customising the overlook of the system is cumbersome also new technology are coming to