Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over talech

talech is cloudgebaseerde verkooppuntsoftware voor de iPad voor restaurants, winkels en dienstverlenende bedrijven.

Meer informatie over talech

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

It is sometimes difficult to navigate for reporting.

Beoordelingen van talech

4,0
3,9
3,6
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,7

talech heeft een totaalscore van 3,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 333 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je talech eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (333)

Cindy
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Love it

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

kyle

talech Review

Opmerkingen: so so

the theory of it. the thought that i could do everything i was told it could easily and a low cost.

versatility or lack of versatility. i run into issues with contacts and open orders when i try to make changes. the website seems to be very touchy.

Rhonda
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Software issues after Upgrade "Low Priority"

1,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Frustrating Frustrating... over the years, they are slow to fix any software issues.

Easy to use for entering orders and update product screens

After 9 years of being a customer the latest software issue is causing major issues with our restaurant.. custom order request line items appear on every line item from previous ticket.. after waiting 3 weeks for a fix, Customer Service told us it was a "Low Priority" for them and have no timeline when it will be fixed. This slows the order process and creates so many issues for the kitchen, customers,and servers. Also forced us to switch and use their inhouse credit card processing and gift card services in 2022

Theresa
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Works for simple to complex operations

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have used them with two separate businesses. One was a quick service, and the current one is a full service, fine dining environment. The register works with both of these. I was surprised at how easily we were able to expand and control our in-house systems. They have become so feature-rich over the years. Staff train quickly on it. Price point is competitive. Customer service is very good.

Discounting weekly specials - set once and done Tagging for specific printers, discounts Loyalty program Reporting Time Clck and time sheets Online ordering Table management

ICMP readers are sometimes an issue Wish there was an integrated reservation system

Christopher

Ease of use

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Sarah

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Talech is better than a lot of others out there!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: 100% positive experience. Have been using Talech for over 5 years and will continue to use it!

I love the ease of setting up your POS to work for your business. You can separate categories, product types, control your inventory, and so much more. Super easy to use and set up. It is easily explained to new hires and they pick it up very quickly.

I think overall Talech is wonderful. Having 24 hour support is amazing, however, sometimes the wait time is a bit long to get someone on the line.

Mai
Owner in Canada
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Slow service, didn’t take care and helped out customer very well!

1,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We don’t normally write a bad review but we got really bad experience with Elavon as well as Talech!
We took over the restaurant for 3 months and started to use Elavon service, everything went well at the beginning. Till last 3 weeks, I have received a call from Elavon and said there was two accounts opened under my name and they offered to close one of the account for me to avoid additional charge. Few days after that, without any care from their employees, all of the accounts under my name were locked while the business is still operating and caused us into troubles.
I have reached out to Customer Care and requested to get our accounts re-opened, then we got the issues with the gift cards payment. I ended up to contact customer service again and received a case number. In order to get the issues resolved faster, I even have reached out to Manager and asked for help, he did help by sending us over a new terminal just for the gift card purposes. After a few days, the new terminal was sent over, it still didn’t work. I reached out to Manager and customer service again. Elavon & Talech kept blaming each other and the gift card issues still here.
It’s been almost 3 weeks waiting in hopeless, we got lots of customers upset and this also hurts our business a lot. I couldn’t believe a big company like Elavon will handle customers issues without care & without professionalism like this.
Still believe there are many other organizations out there will offer better service than Elavon & Talech!

Reasonable pricing, customer service is okay

Slow service and taking too much time to handle customers issues

Thomas
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold.
Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem is running another discounts at the same time for other size bottles. (200 ml & 375 ml)
If I am running the above special (1 free bottle would be $6.95 discount) and I also am discounting all larger size oils and vinegars say 10%. The software will do the $6.95 plus the 10% all items. So the discount on the 60 ml bottle works out to be $6.95 + 10% not just the $6.95. Being able to do separate discounts for variations of each item would make it a lot better instead of having to go into each item and discount them individually when trying to keep different discounts separate. I know being a small business with a suggestion that this might not be practical cost wise. But making the modifications would also make it more attractive to any business. I would like to hear back from you if possible. I have spoken with numerous small business owners about your software and why it works so well. Keep up the great job! oh I love being able to run the reports anytime to see how sales are and what we need to do to improve them. Sincerely Tom

Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

limited discount ability.

8 jaar geleden

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Jeannette
President / Owner in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great product overall

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but numerous times, it stopped working and we found out the hard way when payments weren't deposited for days; also, despite the confirmation that the setting is correct, we still have to manually auto-batch daily but we're glad to do so to ensure payment). Also, not completely sure if they are exclusive to a certain merchant service provider but at the time, in order for us to use the program, we had to go forward with that one merchant service and also had to purchase all the equipment (printer, iPad stand, etc.) we did not have a need for. In addition, being tied to that merchant also meant being tied to those fees at the rates they wanted. As far as the program itself, we find that it meets our needs, is user-friendly, offers the analytics tools we like, and is offered at a reasonable rate, especially compared to some of its competitors. We do recommend it to others. Good luck!

Please refer to review.

Please refer to review.

8 jaar geleden

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

Jason
Owner in Canada
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Very stressful.

1,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back. Be wary!!

Amy
General Manager in VS

Not happy with update

1,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The 4.0 update is horrible!! Not user friendly at all. Settings that were avalible are now not. Staff can not find orders as easy as they could. To many screens for staff to choose from. Program used to be very very easy. New staff and non technology efficient staff could use older versions with ease. The new update is hard to follow and staff keeps losing place and orders. Looking at other pos system. To many issue lately with software and other things with TALECH. Ive told many people to go with this product before this later update. I wish I would not have. Im losing my trustabilty with colleagues.

Older versions were wonderful. Easy to use, easy for people who didnt know much about technology to use. Easy to find what the staff needed or orders

New version is aweful. To many screens, to many buttons, buttons and options that were there are now not, easy to change orders you dont need to be in.

8 jaar geleden

Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback about the recent update. We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the updated app. We'd love to connect to hear more about what's not working and how we can help. Our Head of Product has reached out and would love to chat with you personally. And as always our support team is here to help. Either way, we'd love to hear from you and help make things work the way you want.

judy
partner in VS
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Can order from the table.

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not. Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility. We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar. The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd. There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team. Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts. There's more but I'm at limit.

Barney
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers

Love talech as a possible option.

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.
Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Relatively easy to use.

Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

8 jaar geleden

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Christina

Talech User

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

It is pretty much user friendly

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

8 jaar geleden

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Gary
Business Manager in VS
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

It works well for us

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Bernie
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Talech, simply HORRIBLE software if you have a lot of products!

1,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Works well for a front end register, but getting issues resolved with tech support just NEVER happens. The people that answer the phone are clueless. This is coming from someone that works in IT for 20+ years and have dealt with and worked in call centers/tech support.

Its has a nice register app and is pretty easy to use and learn the register

The instability of Talech.com (where I as the owner do 98% of my work). Time outs and logs you out about every 15 minutes. Stock take dont save after timeout loosing everything. Have you ever tried to count thousands of products to have them all deleted over and over......

Chrsitopher

New Interface is Awesome

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience. the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner. Keep up the good work.

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

8 jaar geleden

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Josh
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Great cloud based POS at a great price

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

8 jaar geleden

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Jerry
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

As a first-time business owner, I wouldn't have been able to do it without Talech.

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A little over 2 years ago I decided to open a business, but decided to give myself a little extra challenge to accompany the decision- I wanted to open and be operational in 3 months, made more challenging since I was still employed full time. I found Talech after some research, and it was truly great to have such a professional product and company from the get-go. Since I was learning as I went, it needed to be simple enough for me to use, give me the information I needed to understand, and be able to adapt as I grew as well. Talech has been all those things, and I highly recommend their services.

Very easy to learn and to use.

8 jaar geleden

Jerry, we're so glad to hear that you are still happy about your choice after 2 years. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Lorna
Owner and Esthetician in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Technical support team are awesome

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

To much extra stuff, we don't need Simplicity is better for older people

7 jaar geleden

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Bassel
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Crash bang boom

2,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been running this system since January 2015. It is not a good fit for my kind of business. I have a small carry out food shop, and when it gets busy this system crashes. It's not just one thing either, sometimes it's the printer disconnecting, othertimes it's the credit swiper disconnecting, or its inability to connect to the server to process credit transactions. I think if you have a smaller shop, maybe even a boutique this system will work for you, but as soon as you start doing some volume expect it to malfunction. The customer service team are nice and helpful however. I know because I contact them regularly.

When it works it's a good system.

It's always having issues.

8 jaar geleden

Hi Bassel, we're so sorry to hear that talech isn't working for you in the way you need. A member of our team has reached out via phone and email to learn more and help. Please respond or reach out to our support team at your convenience. We're here to help! Thank you for being a customer.

Brenda
Treasury in VS

American Pie Pizzeria

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the software is good. I wish you could get same info online as you get from actual IPads. My experience with customer service has not been stellar.

Fairly easy to use. Information given on website is good but does not include everything.

Cannot get same info at website as you can get from actual terminal.

8 jaar geleden

Thanks for the review and feedback, Brenda. I have passed along your feedback to the product team regarding information being available both on iPad and the web. Could you share more about what data or reporting you'd like to see on both? It would be great to know more. Please continue to share what you love and what you'd like to see more of. We appreciate feedback! Thanks for being a talech customer!

Jose
Pizzeria owner in VS
Voedselproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Pizzeria with talech

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer support is fast and friendly. It is not 100% a pizzeria pos but it gets the job done. I have had it for over 2years and its one of the easiest pos systems i have ever worked with. Thank talech

Easy to use and very easy to learn. Its a monthly thing so no contracts! I had it for over 2 years now and im happy!

I wish it had a feature for pizza delivery. So far just dine in and to-go

8 jaar geleden

Jose, thanks for being a customer and writing a review. We thank you for being a long-time customer of talech. I have shared your feedback with the product team. We'd love if you could provide additional details about what you'd like to see for your pizzeria. We love hearing from you and are here to help!

Archibald
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

pretty good but needs improvement

3,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

ease of use

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

8 jaar geleden

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.