Cloudflare reviews

Over Cloudflare

Cloudflare Inc. is een bedrijf op het gebied van webprestaties en beveiliging dat streeft naar een beter internet.

Meer informatie over Cloudflare

Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

Also every now and then my site looks odd. I clear the cache on site and browser and it still looks odd.

Beoordelingen van Cloudflare

Waar voor je geld

Cloudflare heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 383 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Cloudflare eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (383)

Piotr
Piotr
Ceo in Polen
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

I don't think that, there is any competitor to CF in market

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

The company made a lot of big improvements and innovations in services in the last few years. There is a log improvements for clients websites like Image Resizing, Auto Minify, Brotli, or APO for WordPress. And FREE CDN of course.

There is nothing like that. Some of our projects wouldn't ever start without CF.

Romaric
Romaric
Web designer in Kameroen
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Cloudflare

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Cloudflare is a super fast CDN provider which provides an accurate web speed-boosting experience ( especially with the pro versions)---I highly recommend trying it if you aren't using it yet.

Cloudflare is my #1 CDN provider. Apart from just using the free CDN services, it also serves as an SSL provider for nearly every website I host on VPS. I prefer Cloudflare because it's easy to manage and it's almost free.The "full (strict) encryption" feature is my favorite since it requires no extra plugins to become effective.The Cloudflare CDN services improve all my websites' performance by reducing the number of requests that are made on my servers (distances) and this gives a horsepower speed boost to my websites.

The "attackers mode" feature doesn't work properly on several versions of Nginx (especially the updated versions)...I can't explain why but, Each I have this feature activated all I get is a WordPress HTTP error message and I kinda think this feature is not just compatible with the SSL solutions or maybe some plugin conflicts.

Chineke
Ceo in Nigeria

Security for Website

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I needed to secure my new website and stumbled upon Cloudflare after searching Capterra. Connecting my site to the platform was easy since they guided me virtually every step of the way. After a while of working well, I started receiving emails about my site being down, it came up after some time, and continued in that circle for a couple of days. I just had to disconnect my site from the platform, since it was just a company blog and left it like that.

It's a good thing that you can access some of their features for free and secure your website. Their regular feedback to my email is also very communicative of them. Navigating the website is also quite easy and the follow up each step of the way helps users interact quite seamlessly with the site

As much as we want protection for our sites, we also want the site to be accessible. My website started showing a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error, to which I contacted customer support, got a quick response but could not find a solution to my problem there.

Ade
Online Digital Marketer in Nigeria
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Highly Recommended for Website Speed Optimization and Security

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Cloudflare has helped us to optimize and secure a lot of websites for both our clients and personal businesses. The experience so far has been great.

Cloudflare has a lot of features that can help optimize any website speed and performance, it also offers free security tools to protect website from popular cyber attacks.Some of the features I use frequently on cloudflare includes, the free SSL certificate to encrypt data from the host to cloudflare network and to the browser of the user.The content delivery network feature, web caching, Speed tools and protection services against hackers. Above all, most of these features on cloudflare are free to use, no charges at all, and they are very easy to setup. The extra features that are not free are also very affordable.

I have no complains since I have been using their service. It is really a great tool.

Olaf
Director in Zuid-Afrika
Online media, 2-10 werknemers

Like private security, but for your websites!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Absolutely fantastic! Every website administrator should make use of this service!

The list is endless, but my top 2 features that are essential for our client websites are caching and custom firewall rules. Caching speeds up our websites & significantly decreases the load on the hosting servers. With specific firewall rules we can lock down all admin pages and geo-restrict access to allow access from specified countries or regions only. This is a lifesaver!

There are so many options and features, that it does require some time to familiarise yourself with everything. This, however, is totally worth it!

Joseph
Joseph
Founder/Web Designer in Polen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The greatest thing on the internet

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

I use Cloudflare on every single one of my sites. It is usually the first thing I set up as I also use it for my DNS records. Not only does it improve the security and speed of your site, but the mail routing feature is also a very welcome addition that I have just recently started using. Another great thing is their Zaraz feature, which can reduce the number of requests to your site.

I think the menu system could be a little simpler, but once you use it for a little bit, you get used to the amount of features.

Anton
Anton
Founder in Indonesië
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Swiss-Army knife for your website

5,0 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am satisfied using CloudFlare from 5 years ago till now, I like its feature such as cache, web optimization and recent feature email redirection. But I am not like with its pricing which is expensive for individuals

Cache, website optimization and DNS management is very helpful for most website. Also, CloudFlare has static hosting for Jamstack website, listed Gatsby, Next or React on its host

Pricing and freemium, there's some restriction for users

Sherwin
Landlord Engagement Lead in Canada
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

CloudFlare is a must-have for web security

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: CloidFlare has been excellent to use for server and website security. Also being able to integrate it into different hosting control panels is a plus.

The best part about CloudFlare is that it keeps malicious traffic from ever reaching our server at all.

Some features can be a little expensive, but that is evened out a little by the fact that some features are free.

Elvis
Graphics Designer in Nigeria
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

CLoudFlare is my best Security Software

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: i like that they do add new features, that way cause i like trying out new things.

Cloudflare really has evry thing i want in a CDN like speed, security, and caching. the free feature as so amazing.

At first cloudflare was slowing down my website, but currently i have no complaint. its 99% awesome.

Prashant
Prashant
Student in India
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Quite useful

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It's fast traffic resolution , easy integration and more importantly the unmatched performance to even the basic users makes it one of my favourite.

Sometimes, it fails to connect and has issues reaching server . Speed is constant mostly but throttles a few times and works fine if you disconnect and reconnect

Director in Australië
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

CDN, Internal Network Security, WAF. Cloudflare does it all

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Cloudflare has been amazing. While their support can be frustrating at times with making you go around in circles understanding the issue, in the end, they get things solved, and will often pass you up the chain to their Tier 2 support to have a personal connection to try and get things sorted.

When we first used Cloudflare as our CDN, we discovered brilliance. Finally a CDN for everyone, with a freemium model to get your services round the globe at a fraction of the cost of everyone else. Be careful though, once you're in this freemium model, you're soon diving deep into all of their features where you're MORE than happy to hand over the money. From Network and Device security in Cloudflare for Teams to WAFs, easy to use page rules, Tunnelling, and optimisations for delivery across the network, you're soon using it all and using it all without the need for large IT teams to get it set up.

A few downsides, which are all related, is somethings things aren't quite working and you're not sure why. It seems the features of the system grew massively and more quickly than they were expecting and their UI and UX didn't keep up. Once you get on the chat and they explain what's going on, it's easy to fix, however for the moment, it can be confusing to try and figure it out yourself.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
Freelance in Italië

Best CDN ever

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The best CDN ever, really. I have nothing else to say.

I can only say positive things about Cloudflare: it is fast, very easy to set up, never gives problems, it helps you even when the site temporarily goes out of service, you do not need assistance because you already know that you will not have big problems. All this is free (unless you need some specific options that you will pay dearly)

I would have only two details to say: When you add the site in Cloudflare, he goes to scan all the possible subdomains and, if he receives the famous answer 200 (so that the page, and consequently the subdomain, exists) he will automatically add it. What does it mean? Some hosting always give a positive answer, even if the subdomain doesn't exist. In this case CF will create hundreds of non-existent DNS records to be deleted one by one (because it does not provide for bulk deletion) Second thing is that unfortunately it does not plan to have dedicated IPs, even in the high paying plans.

Pedro
Pedro
FREELANCER in Brazilië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

great resource for website security

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however...
it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources.
The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

muhammad
owner in Canada

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great for CDN but some hicups

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Its an inexpensive CDN and free SSL in our experience for small website. If you have larger sites and busy traffics, you have to upgrade to paid options in cloudflare or it wont work for you.

Free tier is enough for most users' usage. Free SSL's and Free CDN. Not much option is available in the market for services they offer at no cost.

We found it unstable alot of times, If you are using the SSL, site will display errors more frequently. We were using 2 major clients with lots of traffic and we started to experience more downtimes and cache issues, changes you make wont appear instantly for for many hours based on users locations and you have to manually purge it from cloudflare interface. Ever since switched back the nameservers from Cloudflare back to orignal, most of the issues are gone.

Founder in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Got website? you need cloudflare!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

Hannah
Hannah
Principal CEO in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

The best tool for web page security

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

Rebecca
Software Development Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

Andrew
President & CEO in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Cloudflare is a “must have”

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

IT/Hats in Italië

The web goes through Cloudflare

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Cloudflare allows me to have one general dashboard for most of my DNS usage, has relevant security and performance improvements and I can turn on/off individual features as I please. it's a very good and reliable central hub where to handle all of that work, which would be annoying without. I've been using it.. forever it feels like, and I'm happy with it.

The free opportunity is so robust that most of the websites I have go through Cloudflare FREE plan, even if just to handle DNS. It works perfectly and then you can scale up individual websites as you need to.

There really isn't much not to like, everything works as it should. If there's anything I could say something about their rocket loader not playing nice with many web platforms, so it can't really be used much. But that's it.

Boris
Manager in Kroatië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing CDN and great protection for your website

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Cloudflare for caching and CDN primarily, but are also very happy with its DDoS attack protection. All the customers we introduce to Cloudflare are absolutely amazed by how much it improves their website and how well it behaves once behind CDN and solid caching, just by using the free version. Most of them switch to the paid version later on.

Everything in Cloudflare is amazing and useful for all the websites I make. If I had to pick and choose I would be hard pressed to choose between the CDN and caching. Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use!

Some of the options are not available in the free version and those options are pricey. Other than that, I have nothing I don't like about Cloudflare. Using the free version is enough for basic protection and caching and that works like a charm.

Christopher
CEO in VS
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers

My review of Cloudflare.

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is I found Cloudflare great for what my company has to do.

Cloudflare DDoS protection is one of my favorites since it works in unison with other clouds' WAF and bot control services to defend our resources from all types of intrusions, keeping us safe all the time. The CDN increases website performance, especially on mobile devices, and its WAF capabilities enable us to block locations where we have no clients or company branches. It's easy to set up and operate, and its expanded security and speed optimization capabilities make it a great CDN for any site we create.

Its commercial plans are costly, although it does offer a free package with limited capacity that is unsuitable for large organizations. I'm not happy with their customer service because they never respond soon enough to help us with problems.

Imran
Imran
Team Coordinator in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best way to secure and speed up your website worldwide

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Cloudflare does its job very efficiently like no other tools out there. They offer a vast number of useful services. I have had a very delightful experience using Cloudflare. Cloudflare also offers some premium level features in their free plan.

Cloudflare has a lot of tools to help boost the site's security and reach worldwide, CDN, SSL, and DDoS features are the most useful feature I appreciate.

Cloudflare offers a vast number of features and tweaks, for beginners sometimes it could be a little difficult to understand and implement a feature.

Kelsey
Kelsey
Marketing Manager in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

Dominik
Student in Kroatië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Free CDN that you should be using!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Anders
Anders
CTO in Zweden
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Cloudflare, security and performance deluxe

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Cloudflare is many things. It gives us CDN functionality, reverse proxy, web application firewall and great flexibility when exposing applications over the internet. It boosts security to enterprise-grade with a very decent price model.

Easy to get started, offers a wide range of features for both security and performance for our applications. Works great with other cloud providers since Cloudflare is based on DNS.

There are some settings that can be a bit tricky to find and understand, but there is a great knowledgebase.