Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage reviews

Over Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Serverback-upoplossing waarmee bedrijven van elke omvang automatisch bedrijfsgegevens kunnen herstellen en beschermen via e-mail en meer.

Meer informatie over Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

It's easy to set up, then requires nothing to maintain. Everything functions pretty automatically.

The one time I needed the software to actually work for a backup it failed. It was not able to retain my existing backup when I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my desktop.

Beoordelingen van Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 137 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (137)

Ella Sophie
Ella Sophie
Photographer in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Easy hassle free unlimited backup system

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm very happy to have Backblaze keeping my files safe.

What I like most about this software is that the backup is unlimited, as a photographer I have a lot of files that are fairly large that I need to backup. Being able to access my files easily is super helpful and has already come in handy during a hardware malfunction a few months ago.

The only downside is that you pay per computer so if I have a portable drive I have to plug it into the same computer anytime I want to back it up so I can't just log in to my Backblaze account from a shared computer to backup my portable drive.

Randi
Operations Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Backblaze Back Up for Nonprofit

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The biggest problem Backblaze solved was that when we had previously used another company for backing up files (which was a more cloud based system) we lost files when a staff member deleted files thinking our main account was linked to them. When in fact the files were lost because they were the original author. This was a huge loss of time having to rewrite manuals and operating documents. Now when we have a staff member leave we have them condense their files and transfer it to my computer as the Operations Director and I can make sure they are backed up and as needed given to new staff when the time comes. The other benefit is everything runs in the background automatically. Gone are the days when we would plug in a harddrive for back up and were lucky to remember to do it once a month.

First of all you just can't beat their price for this type of automatic back up system. Most platforms I had researched either had size limits or cost much more. For a small non-profit we were so happy (and able to sleep better at night) knowing if our computer crashed we would be safe and able to keep going.

We have had a slight issue w/ backing up our harddrive because we travel to different venues and use that same harddrive for our video footage. We just have to set really good reminders so we don't forget to plug it back in.

E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

While I have changed to a NAS and Cloud Backup from someone else, this is a good cloud option

3,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the system was okay to use, but was disappointed when it missed crucial files on occassion.

I liked how easy it was to implement into my current network structure and was easy to setup end clients for this.

I didn't like how it missed some files and was slow for no apparent reason, especially on a fast network. I also found Synology did not officially support backblaze, so changed to a competitor which was supported in the end.

Reactie Backblaze

vorige maand

It can be quite annoying when one has to repush... although it can happen when 3rd party software impedes our "inherit backup state" feature. As for Synology support, Backblaze integrates with both Synology Hyper Backup and Cloud Sync. Using Synology Hyper Backup, you can back up your workstations to your NAS and Backblaze B2. With Cloud Sync you can replicate your data to Backblaze B2 and other locations. For more information please visit https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-storage/integrations/synology In regards to performance, we have achieved upload speeds 10-30% faster than AWS S3 for small file uploads (1MB or less, which makes up 70% of all uploads to B2 Cloud Storage and are common for backup and archive workflows) all without any change to durability, availability, or pricing. Please let us know if this continues to be an issue and we're happy to help troubleshoot.

Ben
Manager in VK
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Does it's thing, invisibly.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: For me Backblaze is primarily disaster recovery protection. If my MacBook is lost/stolen/corrupted I know I can get everything back using backblaze. It works well on windows or mac, and allows me to exclude certain folders or file types I don't want backed up which reduces the size of the backup. After the initial backup, incremental backups work well and mean there's not a massive bandwidth requirement. All in, great software that has your back!

The power of backblaze for personal backup is that it doesn't get in your way. It just sits there in the tray, but it accurately detects file changes and backs these up to the cloud. I have used the recovery process before and it works well.

It's not the cheapest, but it does do what it should.

John Dykstra
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best value

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: From my experience, Backblaze delivers what they promise without any hassles. So, that makes me happy.

I found Backblaze had by far the best pricing structure for data backup. I use their bucket system for my customers and haven't had any problems.

I think they still need some additional tools for downloading and interacting with the data but I believe they are always working to make the product better.

Mukul
Cto in India
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Relaible Cloud Storage at a fraction of a cost ..

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am very much satisfy with the B2 and their support (support team is very prompt as well as knowledgeable) .

Low cost (Because of their fair uses policy as well as no minimum storage commitment) . Easily configurable with most of the industry leading backup software. Newly added S3 support. Object locking makes it impossible to delete the backup before the retention period.

No IAM based bucket distribution like AWS.

Jamison
President in VS
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Great, cost-effective option for remote backup

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using BackBlaze for over 2 years and haven't had any issues with the software, it does a great job notifying me when an employee's machine hasn't been backed up and does a good job of well, backing things up.

Business licensing allowed me to purchase all the licenses my team needed. The simple invite method works great. This is one of those things you should have but hope you never need

Migrating computers really isn't a thing with Backblaze. It'd be nice to have a migrate options available.

Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Rock Solid Backup

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I love that I can setup Backblaze, run an initial backup, and and trust that Backblaze will take care of the rest. I never have to worry about Backblaze protecting my data, and if there ever is a problem, Backblaze will alert me ASAP.

My one complaint about the software is the UI of the Mac desktop client; it looks dated and isn't intuitively organized, and doesn't seem to fit with the other polished parts of the Backblaze platform.

Luccas
Luccas
CEO in Brazilië
Industriële automatisering, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Backblaze is awesome if you need lots of storage

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's great at what it's claiming it will do. Does it have shortcomings? Yes. But for the price you can't really complain much,

It's unlimited storage, so it's awesome that it can keep a huge amount of data for such a low price.

The hard drives have to be connected to keep the uploaded files, or you have to reconnect them before 30 days otherwise you will lose the files uploaded.

Daniel
Daniel
Managing Partner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Incredible Backup Storage Provider

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customers are shocked by how cheap it is, even when I mark it up 1000%.

Price is the best thing about this product.

Support is what is lacking most about this product the most but it's exactly what you expect for the price.

Roger
Niche Growth Facilitator in Canada
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Reliable Backups that Always Run!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This solved the problem, where my business would not be impacted by lost data, when a disaster happens. In my case, hard drives went down a few times. I could still access them online, and later, when adding a new drive, it was very easy to restore. Bottom line? Backblaze is reliable! It's so easy to use and has saved me from losing a lot of important data. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an online backup solution.

The best features of Backblaze are its affordability, ease of use, and... #1 is Reliability. It has saved me from losing important data on several occasions. There's a nice feature to ensure backups are live and ongoing always. Another good feature is the ability to login online and access files (if needed).

First, it can be a bit slow to upload large files. Second, the free version only allows for one computer to be backed up. Virtual (storage could) drives are not supported. The very first backup you create can take days - But to be fair... This is a result of how much data you are including in the first backup, and how fast your internet connection is.

Felipe
Architect in Colombia
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers

Install and forget until you need it

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Compared to other programs that need to be administered, checking ans ensuring the backups are really done and up to date, Backblaze works in the background with no limits in storage and store everything in your computer that has to be stored and offers to send you your information, should you need it in a SSD

Smooth install, initial backup and operation. Really does the work wkithout the hassle, self administered, it works for you keeping your files stored and safe

Everything is fine with this product, maybe a bundle pricing could help to have more computers in the network

Corey
Owner/Operator in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

BackBlaze is Wonderful

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've never need support in any way. BackBlaze has never failed me once. Couldn't be happier.

BackBlaze is easy to use and is integrated into JetBackup, which I love. Their pricing gives me the flexibility to store more backups than S3. Will be a user for life so long as they don't jack up the prices.

Really wish it was compatible with incremental backups. As it is now, I have to send full backups and use more space. That's not a big deal since the pricing is reasonable, but incremental would be easier on my machine.

Allie
Director of Membership in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Great backup!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great. I have comfort knowing all my documents are backed up and my years worth of projects will not be lost!

Backblaze has been a lifesaver! I downloaded the software and it backs up my documents. My computer died earlier this year and I panicked. I was so worried that I lost everything, and I had never logged in to see my backed up information. I bought a new laptop and was able to successfully get all of my backed up documents, picture, etc from Backblaze. It was super comforting to know that my information was all there. years of work! I also utilized customer service and they were so helpful!

None! I have had nothing but a good experience with this software. It is well worth the cost!!! Get it today

Junjie
Founder in Singapore

Reliable continuous offsite backup

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I like that Backblaze constantly runs in the background backing up everything that's on my Mac. Some of my co-workers can't be bothered with manually plugging in a hard drive to run a backup, so this works perfectly for them. Since I also have a local backup, I don't have a need to download my entire backup as yet. However it came in handy on a number of occasions when I needed to access a file on my Mac when I'm out.

I wish they could offer unlimited versioning of files so that I can rollback to an earlier version when something goes wrong. As of now, I'd need to combine that with other solutions like Time Machine or Dropbox Extended Version History.

Greg
Sysadmin in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Backblaze - super affordable, stable backups

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: From day 1 we have been able to simply configure and always restore our data. That along with the price makes this the perfect solution to backup millions of files across 10TB of data.

The price and the simplicity of configuring it to backup our Synology rackstation. It's secure and we have always been able to restore files when needed. We have never experienced an issue with Backblaze. Would highly recommend to everyone.

The web interface could use an overhaul. It is simple enough but I feel like with a little time and effort they could turn it into something better. Note, this is a very minor con.

Aftersales Engineer in VS
Industriële automatisering, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Backblaze solved our email archive problem

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it solved the problem of where to store our old emails which makes repeat requests much easier to find and respond to a customer much faster.

We receive over 1,000 emails a month just between mechanical and electrical after sales support. I am the 'gatekeeper' of the email archives. We originally had them on a separate server, but that became buggy. And it wasn't searchable. With backblaze you can back up automatically every day anything and everything on the computer, and be able to retrieve it at any time. This eliminated the need to have a separate hard drive that everyone would have to map to, and the plug into their computer if they needed an older email.

The only downside is the backup can take a while if you don't have it set to do it every day. If you do it every week and you have a lot of data it could take hours for it to backup.

Sunil
Sunil
co-owner in VS

Excellent backup option with great support

5,0 6 jaar geleden

After being forced to find an alternate backup solution for our home business, we came across Backblaze and gave it a try. This has been a home-run for us, and we'll definitely continue to use it. The setup is fairly simple and straightforward, and being able to adjust options regarding when and the amount of resources used to backup files is great. When we encountered an issue, their support center was prompt in replying to us and did an excellent job at explaining what the cause of the issue was. The ability to restore an entire folder or an individual file regardless of location is very nice, and the price is very competitive for the options they provide.

There's really not a whole lot that I'd change. A benefit is the support articles and answers found in the community.

Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Cloud backup plans are nothing new but Backblaze does it best

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Backblaze provides a simple setup and peace of mind when dealing with valuable data.

Pricing is great for Backblaze and setup is beyond simple. The persistent backups mean no user is ever in fear of losing valuable data. We've implemented Backblaze for all our employees machines. An underrated feature that I hope I never have to use is they'll send you a physical copy of your backup if you ever find yourself in a severe emergency backup situation!

I really, really can't think of any negatives to say about Backblaze. While I think the price is fair I guess it could be bundled a little better for larger organizations who need a lot of machines backed up.

Carl
Illustrator & Graphic Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Set it and forget it

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Generally works great without me having to do anything. But I have had issued with the backups getting desynchronized.

Once it's been set up, you rarely have to think about it. It works in the background.

Because you rarely need to think about it, if it stops working it could be a while before you notice there's an issue. Changing/deleting a bunch of files all at once can cause the backup to become desynchronized, and the only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app start the backup over from scratch.

Anthony
CEO in VS

5,0 6 jaar geleden

I have literally had to do nothing after I signed up and followed the step-by-step process. I feel comfortable knowing that I have a 100% backup of my whole computer.

I, like many in this day and age, often wonder the security level of this backup storage service. There is some pretty serious content some folks may have stored in their backup...how secure is it? I just don't know yet. There is a constant tug-of-war on my perception of my content's safety and security. This is not specific to BackBlaze, but is inherently present because of the nature of this business.

Amber
IT Tech in VS
Medische apparatuur, 501-1.000 werknemers

Backblaze

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience with Backblaze has been very good. The admin console this very easy to use and makes it simple to download backups.

Backblaze is a dependable backup solution. This software has been so helpful for all the remote users we have.

I wish Backblaze had the capability to automatically download data that has been backed up on a previous computer and dump it onto a different computer.

Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best no-fuss backup solution around.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Backblaze has one of the easiest on-boarding process of any backup software I've used. It's seriously software that most end users would be able to easily configure on their own computer. Such an intuitive interface that still has powerful features for those looking to tweak things.

I really don't have anything negative to say about Backblaze. Their service and emergency recovery support are second to none, and the no-fuss pricing per computer with no storage caps makes price forecasting a breeze.

The safest, most worry free back up solution out there!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Runs seamlessly in the background. Reports by email of issues that arise. Incredibly affordable. Super customizable. Fast uploading (along with you having a fast internet connection). Solid reassurance that your files are safe and backed up.

Can send your internet data allotment in a month into overages. Just be careful that you aren't backing up a Terabyte of Files and not having it consume your allowed data usage for the month. I learned that one the hard way, but it was my fault.

Founder, Chief Strategist & vCIO - I help law firms with IT in VS

Dead simple backup that works exactly as it should

5,0 6 jaar geleden

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It is so easy to use, and I have it on all of my machines. Setting it up is so easy that I can recommend it to anyone. It finds what needs to be backed up and automatically transfers it in the background. And, best of all, it does not kill your Internet connection when it is transferring.

Absolutely nothing at all. Everything from setup to restoring files works intuitively. I've used a TON of backup programs, and Backblaze is just perfect.