Square Point of Sale reviews

4,7 (2.414) Schrijf een review!

Over Square Point of Sale

Square POS is een volledige point-of-sale-oplossing met verscheidene programma's, van het volgen van verkoop en voorraad tot uitgebreide analyses.

Meer informatie over Square Point of Sale

The cost was great for me to start out. It was very easy to train staff on the system as well.

It was a little confusing to get started because we were using a mobile device.

Beoordelingen van Square Point of Sale

Waar voor je geld

Square Point of Sale heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.414 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Square Point of Sale eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.414)

Daniel
Daniel
Senior Pastor
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Unspecified

Square POS User Review

5,0 10 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Victoria
Victoria
Buisness owner/operator in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use and great product for card payments

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I had a great experience. I love how easy it is to use and i love how comparatively it is less expensive than other less efficient softwares that do the same thing.

Easy to use, efficient, relatively inexpensive

No negatives for me personally i love everything about it.

Dan
Dan
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Square D Point of Safe Review

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Ease of installation: Many Square D products are designed to be easy to install, even for those with limited electrical experience. This can save time and money on installation costs.

Square D is a brand of electrical equipment, including circuit breakers, switchgear, and other electrical components. Some of the features that are commonly cited as benefits of Square D products include: Reliability: Square D products are known for their durability and reliability. This can be especially important in critical applications such as hospitals, factories, and power plants, where equipment failure can have serious consequences. Safety: Square D products are designed with safety in mind and are tested to meet strict safety standards. This can help protect workers and building occupants from electrical hazards. Compatibility: Square D products are compatible with a wide range of electrical systems and devices, making them a flexible choice for many different types of applications. Energy efficiency: Some Square D products are designed to be energy efficient, which can help reduce energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of electrical systems. Customer support: Square D has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, including technical assistance and training for its products. This can be especially helpful for customers who have questions or need support with their electrical systems.

In general, some potential downsides or limitations of Square D products may include: Cost: Square D products may be more expensive than some other brands, especially if you're looking for budget-priced options. Compatibility: Square D products may not be compatible with certain types of equipment or systems, depending on the specific requirements of your application. Availability: Square D products may not be as widely available as other brands, especially if you're looking for specialized or hard-to-find components. Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.

Jeffson
Manager in Nigeria
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

For a POS system it works as should

3,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with this platform is good, I only wish they requested business verification first before approving me to use them as a payment processor but if you have all their needed criteria you’re definitely good to go, there service is quite seamless

The setup was quite easy, they don’t take up to 7days to process your money so thats a plus, the interface is straight forward. They support various card types for debiting

You can’t contact them via live support chatYou will be asked to verify your business once a large amount of money is processed through their payment gateway and if you don’t meet all their criteria the money will be held for 120days before release

Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Simple and powerful mobile Point-Of-Sale app

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: A powerful business financial management tool, right in your pocket. It offers an owner/operator to enter invoices from a home computer, or from a mobile device in the field.Super easy to use, and packed with features that provide the insights an owner needs.

Being able to quickly add a client on the fly, either manually or "from address book", taking a credit card payment, and storing the card in the client file is so simple, quick, and easy.Then, any additional charges to the same client can for a very small "additional percentage" amount be charged to the card now on file, saving the client the hassle of having to pull out the card every time.

Would like to be able to add "standard service fees", such as a "processing fee", "fuel surcharge", and others, in the same way one can add various taxes. Right now, I am doing it in the "taxes" section, which is not ideal, but it can be done with that workaround.

Brittany
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Square is incredibly user friendly.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The fact that square integrates with my business software has been key. Sales register in the software and checkout moves from one system to the other seamlessly.....99% of the time.

The ability to access all sales numbers, transactions and data as well as send invoices from my home office is wonderful. Customer service is great as well. If I have an issue, I know I can get through to someone.

I am aware there are better processing rates available and in small business every percentage counts.

Amy
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Simple & organized payment processing

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I will continue to use Square POS, it’s simple and I’m comfortable with the process and automation.

I love it’s features, and the App is very convenient to use for employees and customers.

I wish it had a slightly lower processing rate to save more money.

Germaine
Executive Administrator in VS
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers

Great Value! Easy to use

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using this product in our two cafes as well as with our online ordering platforms. It has integrated well with online platforms such as Dood Dash, Grub Hub, and Uber Eats.

I liked that it was easy to use, simple to implement, and easy to read sales reports.

It integrates with most software really well, but there seems to be a bit of a communication errors with cube and otter systems.

Allison
Aesthetician in Canada
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Why square point of sale is great

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I’ve always had a good experience with Square point-of-sale it’s easy to use. I never had a problem with my payments coming through my customers never felt unsafe using the app with their personal credit cards.

I like that this software is very user-friendly

The thing I like least about the software doesn’t really have to do with the software at all they are based out of the Pacific coast so it’s hard to get a hold of someone at the company in the morning because I live in Atlantic standard time

Zahra
Assistant director in Canada
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Square

5,0 2 maanden geleden

So easy to use and very user friendly. Purchase of additional products is fairly priced. App is simple to navigate.

Wish a couple of the extra features were included rather than having to pay an additional fee for “premium” services

Elizabeth
Author in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use, totally convenient

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've used Square in my own personal business and while working for others, and it's convenience and ease of use are really fantastic for small businesses who can't afford the cost and hassle of a more complicated system.

I keep my little Square card reader in my purse, so that I can use it when I am selling my books at tradeshows and conferences, but it also works really well for every day money transfers.

I experienced some difficulty getting the device Bluetooth to connect to my phone and app, but it resolved after a few tries.

Shannon
Licensed Cosmetologist in VS
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent POS Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Jake
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Every Business Needs Square Point of Sale!!!

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Square has seriously helped our business grow into what it is today. And we're still scaling. We can create subscriptions on the go, accept payments online, at events and easily export reports when we need them (super helpful when tax season is here).

The simplicity and ability to process payments and subscriptions on virtually any device and from any location is super key. And Square allows us to do this.

We don't really have many cons to report other than it would nice to have some of the new "premium" features included being that we pay about 3% per transaction already but we understand that operations need to be funded (and profitable).

Leng
Director of Operations in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Square gets the job done

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been good. Square POS gets the job done. The user interfase could be more intuitive though, but in general it's ok.

I use square POS, but also as an online payment processor linked to Wix. We started using the simple and small POS at our organization, but then we upgraded to the one with the big screen and that was a big change. I particularly like about this one that the client is the one swiping the credit card and has privacy deciding on the tips. It allows to start and end the cash drawer, which helps to control the cash better. I also like that when there is no connection it goes to offline mode and one can still run transactions with it.

The part that I am unsatisfied with is that the integration with WIX does not capture names of events in the description of each transaction. Therefore it's tricky to categorize those transactions in the different income classes for our books. I have to do that by reconciling manually wix reports with square's.

Jacob
Manager/ Co-Founder in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Square POS offers new and flexible use

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would 100% recommend Square for new businesses. Start up costs can be next to nothing and it doesn’t require someone to install it. And NO CONTRACTS :) You can then add on their additional features which should be able to sustain your businesses growth for as long as you need it too. In terms of switching to square, make sure your existing equipment can be reused .

Square is offering a software that is versatile and also nearly free for a new business that doesn’t have money to spend on start up costs or an existing business that has been ripped off from an expensive POS company. You can literally just use your iPhone with a card swipe. Or for the brick and mortars use their new and sleek looking square register. In terms of interface, Squares basic dashboard is free to the public and can be set up as fast as signing up for a email account. You can learn it’s navigation in a matter of minutes and you are able to subscribe for the extras you need like loyalty, gift cards or marketing. Very simple, very user friendly, and the support is actually helpful.

Switching from a POS company that requires a lot of upfront infrastructure and training, I don’t have a lot of bad things to say about squares POS and software other than the existing equipment they told us we could use hasn’t necessarily been easy to re use. Also you are not able to get as granular in customizing some features as other softwares

Navine
Owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Love Love Square

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Wes
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Square The Life Blood Of Any Mobile Business

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I still use it since it doesn't require a monthly service. It comes into a pinch when I need to sale something and don't want have go thru all the steps of the other company. Example Yard sale if someone doesn't have enough money.

The ability to set this software was super easy. It was easy to add your inventory and take your pictures all from the app, Also no monthly fee to use the service was the items that sold me on when 1st starting out.

The web presence is super lacking. No add ons, or 3rd party integrations is why I moved on to another service. The ability to really customize your website is not there, Every one has to a website that will attract sales and customers. This is just a POS 1st and website 2nd. I moved to a service that had website 1st and a POS 2nd. But I still love Square's POS software better.

Catherine
Photographer in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Bad service good product

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it for everything, even non business activity when my mom is trying to send money for my kids sports. I just manually enter her card, transfer to my account and go get their sports stuff but it really helps the business alot. I think the actual cash register conputers are nice as well as the headphone jack swipe style. Uniquely created for all. The business is growing with all the offered payment options

I love how easy it is to use. Very easy to put products into the pos. And I love being able to get the square reader when opening an account. Being able to enter cards manually is great too! Invoicing is easy for others to able to pay online. Its a very well rounded system.

Even though I like the security features square uses, they are also the downfall. Sometimes they put holds on your account when there isnt any suspicious activity and then you have to call and verify and make a big run around mess to finally get your money. It's a pain with customer service but the security is nice so I don't mind too much. Could make that a little easier to deal with though

Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Love Square POs

5,0 3 jaar geleden

The POS system is simple and easy to use hands down. The use of our POS integrated with online, loyalty program, marketing, and payroll is a one stop shop integrated and makes life simple and streamlined!

We paid the original higher cost for the register when it first came out. The price just dropped $200 this week. Our rate remains lower so it will pay for the difference over time since grandfathered in....not much we don’t Ice about this wonderful easy, all in one system!

Jason
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great product and a fair price

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We love using square. It is easy to use and understand. It ties into a lot of other apps that make it a complete package.

I like the ease of use square provides.

The fees are not great. But that said, they are not any higher than competitors.

KENNETH
owner in VS
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

It works really well with the same price per swipe as it was 3 years ago

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The swipe fee is the same as it was years ago when I started using it. They have not started adding all sorts of hidden fees. It is easy to use and works well.

Very easy to use and they are good about depositing money into my bank account. It is easy to train someone how to use it and it is very portable. It is also easy to use online.

It is hard to check the history of credit card payments by client. If I see a client has a balance due. It is hard to check if they paid by credit card. I can not search by client name.

Joseph
Joseph
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

Own a business? You NEED this product!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

Sofia
Accounting Manager in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

I use it daily, very powerful tool, although limited.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to bill and collect money, reminders in invoicing are a great tool too. I wish it was a little more sophisticated on the day to day things, and in reports, but it in contrary has a sophisticated approach when it comes to employee management etc, which are features we do not use at my company.

We use it daily for invoicing or POS sales. It is very convenient to swipe a card or send someone an invoice in seconds. I wish reporting was a little more detailed, but other than that, we are very happy with it.

Reporting is limited, you can get to an itemized list but I feel that you have to try hard for it. Also, I'd like to be able to send the same invoice to two different emails, it can happen through mirroring, but it is not my preferable way for doing so.

Amanda Josalene
Amanda Josalene
Fragrances in VS
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

In combination with an online shop, Square has more pros than competitors

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As stated above, Square has had numerous pros for me when it comes to my apparel business.

I love Square and have been a loyal user of Square POS & Square payments. For starters, Square is what helped pave the path for me to be able to launch my clothing / apparel business outside of Etsy. I wanted to launch my own site, have independence away from online marketplaces, and have control over my payments, sales, invoices, etc., and Square is what gave me this opportunity. I am able to do everything within the app, whether it is in-person sales or online. Online, I was able to connect Square with their website service (Weebly), which mean my payments & sales go directly to my Square account. These are the main pros for me with using Square: -Good processing fees -Free Square reader was provided to me (plugs into my iPhone and uses Bluetooth) for in-person sales; allows me to work pop-up shop shows -Instant transfers to my bank; this was SUPER critical to me since I work in a made-to-order apparel business. I need to have funds instantly for fabric purchases, supplies, shipping supplies, etc. -Quick invoicing -Ability to organize customer info and customer data -Ability to order gift cards for my shop directly through Square

I have no cons; Square has been my go-to payment processing software and I will not switch in the future.

Corinthian
Author in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Favorite Software!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: EXCELLENT my business is thriving using square!

I love everything about Square! I use square for point of sale, online ordering, invoicing, and appointments! This product is simply amazing and helps me be more efficient in business each day! I love how easy it is to use. I love how all of the other parts like invoicing, appointments, etc all links back to one account keeping everything in order. I can’t even imagine doing business without square.

I do not have any cons. I do see that the pricing of tiers for using Square Appointments is increasing in a few months. I am prepared for this change so it’s not a big deal. Honestly, square helps so much with proficiency, I do not mind paying the extra for services!

Katrina
Katrina
Event Specialist in VS
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Can now accept payments in person, as well as, online

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Square helps businesses grow and track sales through their app. With reader, you can accept payments on the go so you'll never miss a sale. I bump into potential customers in grocery stores, paying my cable bill or while at the doctor's office etc.

I have used Square for 3 years. I found them while searching for web site builders. I was happy when I located them and read through their policy. Aside from setting up and designing my site, Square provided me with a reader. I plug it into my phone and swipe credit cards. The payments are in my account within two days minus a small fee for using Square's pos reader. I use it along with the app, you can also enter credit/debit cards manually and have the customer sign the screen. I email the customers their receipt. If a customer pays in cash, I can still take the payment and enter cash instead of paying by card. I still send them a receipt. I can set up gift cards and discounts to items online but I choose not to. I keep my items priced low enough to avoid these incentives.

They provided me a free reader, decals to stick on my register and window. I have no issues with this company. They are great.