Easy to use, priced right

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Oak N.
CFO
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Minpunten: The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Anthony C.
Associate Director
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

Pluspunten: It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

Minpunten: The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

Ease of use

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018
Antonio B.
Clerk
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Pluspunten: Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

Minpunten: There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 26-9-2018

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review !

If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at [email protected]

Digital signage made easy

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2019
Antonio B.
MIS Clerk
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Minpunten: Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Dan H.
IT Manager
Evenementenbureaus, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Play is simple to use and produces a highly polished final product, the support is amazing I just wish more companies took notice how they support their product.
very quick to setup and you can use a multitude of delivery methods to keep initial outlay low, it represents great value.

Minpunten: not being able to group playlist assets into project folders

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 18-9-2019

Hi Dan, thanks for an amazing review - Regarding the grouping of Playlist Assets, can you explain what you mean with that? Are you referring to grouping the playlists themselves or assets in the editor?

Interesting interface and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 27-12-2018
Scott S.
CTO
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

Pluspunten: The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Minpunten: Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 28-12-2018

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at [email protected]

You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018
Aaron W.
IT Support
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Minpunten: Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

Great service for a really good price

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Benjamin M.
Retail Team Lead
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

Pluspunten: It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

Minpunten: The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Simple Use Signage

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2019
Charles N.
IS Manager
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Pluspunten: Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Minpunten: Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

Pretty much everything we needed to manage my displays

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2017
Mihkel S.
Marketing Strategist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Saves us quite a bit of money and time.

Pluspunten: Our company has a lot of screens across the city and we can run bigger and smaller campaigns depending on the client's needs. Their pricing is pretty flexible. Depending on the size of the campaign we just pay for the screens that we actually use so it helps us optimize our expenses pretty well. I've used it on some indoor events and its pretty nice when you have one hub where you can just control all your screens.

Minpunten: Was surprised to find it supporting so many languages, including Estonian (which is only spoken by 1 million people), but the UI is still partially English in a few places. Please fix.

Amazing software so easy to use

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Adam R.
communications
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We searched for a long time to find an easy solution to be able to display notices and announcements of upcoming weekly events as well as a monthly calendar of events by room in the church. We are a small congregation with a very small budget. and being able to have a fully functional software with no annual fee is the best for us. Having access to a support chat that will answer simple questions is over the moon awesome.

Pluspunten: The best part is there is not a hundred different settings you HAVE to set up every time you want to change a display. there is a lot of control but you can just leave it at the defaults and it will give a satisfactory display. the learning curve is not very steep, if you can build a power point show you can easily use Play digital

Minpunten: The only con I have run into is that when setting up a schedule and you if you want to say put up the same 5 min playlist every hour there is no button for that. you need to just make a new schedule each time.

PlaySignage has been a great replacement of PowerPoint for our entry readerboard!

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2018
Michael S.
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Parents are kept informed of upcoming events

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use, not a lot of extra options to get in the way. I really like having the assets folders so I can update slides from almost any computer.

Minpunten: I wish there was a way to archive a slide for later use instead of just removing it. I would also like to be able to copy a slide from one playlist to another.

van Play. op 6-2-2018

Hi Michael, thanks for a great review - we really appreciate you feedback!

Regarding the "archive a slide" ... We're working on slide parking at the moment, so you should expect this in the next release.

Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2019
Harry F.
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Pluspunten: Complete functionality
Easy to use
Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides
Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Minpunten: Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

Fantastic customer support experience

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2019
Matthew E.
DevOps Engineer
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Screens and playlists are easy to create. I had an issue with some scripting for a login and support was fantastic in working with me to get the script working, fantastic experience.

Minpunten: Some devices do not allow opening a web console but this is a limitation of the device rather than the signage software.

Excellent technical support

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2019
David M.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Playsignage is an excellent digital signage system that is made only better by great technical support. Recently they helped us with a javascript issue over a week-end so we could meet a deadline.

Minpunten: We like Playsignage and highly recommend it and do not have any negative comments.

Great bit of software - didn't expect it to be this good!

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2019
Richard J.
Chair of Digital at GBGC
Sport, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a private members club we are trying to communicate better with our members and Play Digital Signage has really helped in getting messages out as members walk past the screen in our foyer. This has generated interest in other activities at the club and also shows we are trying to make our promotions look professional.

Pluspunten: Free software is often disappointing but not Play Digital Signage. The software is really easy to use - I taught the club pro to use in in less than 5 minutes (no exaggeration!). Easy configuration and easy deployment - what more can you ask for?

Minpunten: The lack of a recycle bin has caught me out a couple of times, would be a nice feature to have,

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 11-9-2019

Hi Richard, great idea! I'll add it to our roadmap - Think it's a small job to implement it. And thanks for the great review.

Super easy infoscreen with great support

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2018
Keijo K.
IT admin
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Displays info and timetable for students in hallway. Very easy and fast to make changes, if there are need. Changes appear instantly after publishing. Using with Amazon Fire TV stick. Using different playlists with scheduler.

Pluspunten: Super easy to use. Reliable, no down times and problems. Support is great, had some ideas and they are now all implemented. And it's free for one screen!

Minpunten: Don't have nothing to complain. It works.

Excellent package and service

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Ben R.
Senior Engineer
Mediaproductie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very stable, does what it says on the box, the online chat assistance too is very good also and support is crucial with this type of software.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use interface for editing content. I need this for non-media people to use and it takes a very short amount of time to train them on it

Minpunten: Haven't found any yet so I'll have to pad this bit out to the min number of characters

The Best So Far I Found!

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2018
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using it over a year on multiple devices and the smooth operation and stability made my decision!

Pluspunten: Amazing ease of use, full of features, great pricing!

Minpunten: Nothing at all. Everything is running perfectly for my needs!

Signage made flexable

Beoordeeld op 25-2-2019
Bo K.
IT
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are satisfied with the product.

Pluspunten: It is flexible it does the job on the platforms I want it to.

Minpunten: There are glitches here and there but it mostly runs like a dream.

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 26-2-2019

Hi Bo,

Thanks for a great review!

You mention in the "Cons" that there are glitches here and there - Can you elaborate what you are referring to. I'd be happy to look in to any matter.

Most Flexible Solution

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Jd R.
Senior Product Manager
Online media, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the flexibility that Play gives me when creating layouts for the signage. Other solutions were very rigid in the layouts they supported and the ability to share assets between different sign layouts. Plus the price is great! I also love the variety of devices that can be used as players instead of being forced into a proprietary solution.

Minpunten: Some features aren't the most intuitive to get to, but their support is great in walking you through various steps!

Easy

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018
Tommy J.
IT
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It was easy to get started with the software and publish the infoscreen on our Gym, we planned for a second screen and we like the cost for this. Have been online now for three weeks whitout any problems.

Minpunten: Maybe some more setting / options in RSS plugin

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 28-12-2018

Hi Tommy, Thanks for the great review ! Can you send me a couple of lines on the subject "settings/options in RSS plugin"? More specifically what settings and options you see as valuable for a user?

Elegant, easy & affordable

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Md A.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Attract more customers

Pluspunten: Because of running a business, I need to try different kind of softwares. Play degital Signage one of it. It is easy to synchronize with tv and also easy to design content. 1st screen is free(free means totally free without any logo) and for additional display you need to pay. The software has so many free plug in option(weather,instagram,watch & so on)

Minpunten: I have tried other digital Signage software . All the free version has logo visible on the display. But PLAY one completely free for the 1st screen.

van Play. op 23-7-2018

Thanks for the great review - We appreciate you take the time to review us.

Best user experience ever

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Gen V.
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Exceptional productivity. We used to create content with canvas.com, create clips there and then transfer clips over to signage software. Now, this part has gone, we can do everything in playsignage user interface.
Huge savings on the side of effort.
And the user interface is something that you would demo for your customers as a ​reseller and not feel bad about it.

Pluspunten: The user interface. It is so easy as it feels almost embarrassing.
It gives you the feeling that it is not for professional usage, as you have used to the fact that professional software are not easy to use.

Minpunten: maybe the fact that I​ cannot fine-tune and set boxes sizes in pixels.

Nicely done digital signage software with easy use

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019
Veran P.
Solution architect
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Working on big digital signage project where Playsignage software can find his place in the story.

Pluspunten: easy use, modern design, great support, great features, team that is listening to you and creating road map for additional features

Minpunten: There is nothing at the moment that we didn't like it in the software.

van Play Digital Signage, Inc. op 7-3-2019

Hi Veran,

Thanks for the great review - Let us know if you have any questions or you need advise on how to get stuff working at play.