Databox reviews

4.6/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.7/5

About Databox

Databox is een platform voor bedrijfsanalyse dat al je gegevens op één plaats verzamelt zodat je de prestaties kunt volgen en inzichten kunt ontdekken.

Meer informatie over Databox

Lucas S.
Clinical Director, Recruitment Lead, Legislative Advocate
  • Beoordeeld op 2-6-2018

"Blown away. Completely changed my household."

Opmerkingen: At-a-glance view of everything I need to know about my business and household.

Pluspunten: I think most people use software like this to track their business outcomes, but my wife and I? Nope. I mean yes, I have my mailchimp and social media results on there, but also bank balances, to-do lists from Google Sheets, all kinds of stuff across two cheap monitors that just sit in the corner of our house. You'd think that'd be anxiety inducing but it's the opposite - I wake up every day, know where my business is at, know where my finances are at, have the "honey-do's" all prepared, and even see the weather. I LOVE this program. Yeah it's a little more expensive than others but 100% worth it for the extra integrations. Recommend without hesitation.

Minpunten: It should be free for everyone everywhere, airdropped by satellite into rural villages with API manuals. ... no really though, it could be cheaper; there are iOS / Apple TV equivalents that are a quarter as expensive. If it weren't for the breadth of integrations I'd consider something else - but between those and all I can do aesthetically, it's a no-brainer.

• Beoordeeld op 2-6-2018
Sales Engineering Manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019

"Nice balance of functionality and price"

Opmerkingen: I liked Databox while I used it. It's not a BI tool by any means but it does have a few options to allow you to transform your data. They also have some cool options for tracking goals and the mobile app is leaps and bounds better than the competition.

Pluspunten: The visuals look awesome on the computer, TV, and phone. I was impressed with how easy it was to create a metric.

Minpunten: Once the metrics are on the dashboard there isn't much else you can do with them. It lacks some of the basic functionality that I'd expect such as dragging to zoom into a certain section of the chart or even hovering over the comparison line to see the exact value.

• Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019
Photographer
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019

"A complete 3rd party analytics software."

Opmerkingen: I like the idea to see all the views of my google Chanel under one dashboard. UI is simple and working with multiple accounts is just very easy.

Pluspunten: Signup is very fast with google, and without the password, it is more secure as my google have two-way auth.
I use our youtube channel statistics and some ads result under one dashboard. All the URL and video views give me an idea about my general and shared video views.
It is workes on API so my data does not get altered and the reporting is really nice. Daily, weekly and monthly reporting features are really convenient to use.
All my channels statistics I can view under one dashboard and one login. I event don't have to log on to the all account to see all the daily views.
The connection or integration is just flawless, but not all the options are free. When I tried google sheets to get a report from it I found it is included with paid plans. But the free plan offers enough for me to connect 2 of my channel and see about them.

Minpunten: Not all the integration, some of them are very commonly available are available to use with all plans. I need to upgrade to use with google sheets, which is available for free.

• Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019
Jordan W.
Digital Director
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

"Just the tool we needed. "

Opmerkingen: For our clients, we're showing them how their investment is put to use but also having greater conversations over what we can do TOGETHER to improve results. They see that we are more than just a marketing agency, we are a partner. For our agency, we are able to show results across each discipline. The artists have more ownership in the results than they once did. Our brand managers are more strategic and forward thinking.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Has all of the connections we need. If we don't have a connection, the team is quick to try and implement it. The hourly refresh is awesome. Helps our team stay informed, helps our clients see how their investment is put to work. The time our team puts into the tool, we get twice as much back out of it. I love that it has the ability to layer on multiple sets of data with the same detail as Grow or Tableau, without the restricting price tag.

Minpunten: Sometimes the API integrations are clunky. For Google Analytics where sites have a 100,000 views per day, the ability to use the custom queries becomes more limited. I would like to see improvements on the text formatting for that data block and the bar chart visualization. The data gets too tiny to read at certain points, no matter how big you make it on the screen.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Zachary B.
Director of Marketing Strategy
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-2-2018

"Databox: Close, but no cigar...or even cigarillo ..."

Pluspunten: I work as the Director of Marketing Strategy at DD, which is an inbound marketing agency that services nonprofits and higher education institutions. We're a HubSpot certified partner agency and we were looking to Databox to help us make our client reports quicker, more interactive, and more robust. Databox's clean user-interface makes it really easy to notice trends...it also updates in almost real-time (if not real-time) which is helpful. The customizable dashboards are helpful as well...and there's no doubt that this tool is affordable to agencies like DD who need to report on a wide variety of metrics for 20+ accounts.

Minpunten: While there are definitely some pros to Databox, there are also some key features that they are missing. For example, you can't customize date ranges for reports. You have to choose from a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis...but you can't choose "Feb. 3 2017 - Feb. 23 2018" for example. This makes reporting very challenging if, for example, you start an inbound engagement with a client during the middle of the year and want to report on 6 month efforts and 12 month efforts that don't align perfectly with the Jan - Dec calendar year. Additionally, while the user-interface is clean, it's almost TOO white...our clients have found it really difficult to discern between traffic sources and points in time. All of this is to say, I'm highly skeptical of reporting tools that don't let you customize the date and time of your reports...While Databox looks like 2018, it functions like 2010. We have cancelled our services as of now, but I have written emails and social posts to their product team and have encouraged them to "fix" the product and then come sell it to me again...

• Beoordeeld op 24-2-2018
Hayley F.
Marketing Specialist
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019

"Excellent product "

Opmerkingen: Very easy to use

Pluspunten: Its very easy to use and the dashboards are visually appealing

Minpunten: Limited to only 3 dashboards on the free trial

• Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Business Systems
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019

"Crucial to unlock business insights"

Opmerkingen: Essential tool to reduce silos and get insights across all areas of the company. We got overblown with the tons of marketing data we could get with a few clicks and are big fans of Databox’s funnel visualisation which is one of the best in the market. We then extended Databox to all other areas and we’re now showing different datawalls in different screens throughout our office floor.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Being able to input data from different sources. Carousel mode to show different dashboards on the same screen. Great Support team.

Minpunten: No Cons really but it would rock even more if it had drill down capability

Dylan B.
Co-Founder
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

"Absolutely amazing Tool"

Opmerkingen: Databox is our daily KPI tool and has helped us to increase our value and traffic. It's one of the overall best tools I've ever seen with its amazing selection of templates, wide and an I mean really wide range of possible Integration of Tools, and more!

Pluspunten: The easy integration across a different platform that leverages Big Data in an instance to provide useful insight.

Minpunten: I'd say the modification for the KPI's could feature a bit more Modification in terms of more Team Roles Setup

CEO & co-founder
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019

"Beautiful and handy tool"

Pluspunten: Easy to setup. They have a great iPhone app so can review all data on my phone. Every morning I receive an email on our business performance which is really helpful.

Minpunten: So far I'm happy with the tool, no things I don't like.

• Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Miha A.
Head of Marketing / Client Service
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

"Easy to use and pleasing to the eye"

Pluspunten: You can get started in under a minute with no prior knowledge about analytics or dashboards. The free templates (made by other marketers) make it super easy to visualize your data.

Minpunten: More tehcnical users might miss advanced features (like making custom in-app API calls) but I guess that would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple for the rest of us.

• Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Daniel D.
Co -Founder
  • Beoordeeld op 1-11-2018

"What gets measured, gets managed right?"

Opmerkingen: We have Databox set up to track a few things, but right now our main goal with our business is outreach and linkbuilding We just wrote this huge guide that took 9 weeks and a few thousands dollars to create Makes sense to promote it and build links right? The thing is- even when youre good at linkbuilding, it takes time You might do outreach to 100 sites and get 2-5 links Even then? It can take literally weeks to see the difference in your rankings- so it can be a little offputting right? So we make sure to track the habit instead We connect Databox with Ahrefs (SEO tool) and Mailshake (Email outreach tool) and have a custom dashboard If we can send 16 emails per day- we know we'll get a link each week (at least) But because we can't get immediate feedback on our rankings, we instead track the action So we track how many emails we send per day and have a dynamic goal connected (A bar that fills up) We also have a weekly end goal that does the same Below that we have a connection to ahrefs that tells us of new links to our site And in the centre we have our organic traffic data graph- this shows us upticks in traffic as our rankings slowly increase This alone has made is SO easy to continue to do outreach, even tho we don't see that immediate result

Pluspunten: The ability to integrate with multiple platforms How I can set up custom goals and dashboards, relevant to the data its showing so I can track progress The daily emails to let me know if we're hitting those goals (Nothing like a bit of habit stacking right?) The fact that you can get a whole HEAP of value from the free version alone

Minpunten: Honestly nothing Its super clean, easy to use, fast and intuitive

• Beoordeeld op 1-11-2018
Joby I.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018

"Great for free "

Pluspunten: The basic account is free with data box and gives you 3 datasources which is enough to make some really nice visualisations of your data. We use it to send investors regular updates and give them a link they can access whenever they want to get an update on our progress. Once we created theses boards they just update automatically which make it some much easier to manage.
They have a great range of connectctions with most of the services you can think off to run your business. Their visualisation tools make it pretty easy to set up nice views of your data, and if you are stuck they have some great templates that just plug and play with your data.

Minpunten: There have been a few bugs as we are in the UK we want money to be in £ and their default is $ there are some work arounds to make it work but it would be nice to have currency support built in and automatic.
Sometimes the data shows a little funnily on the iPhone app, support are very good at fixing this issues though.

• Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018
Juzni Z.
CMO
Import en export, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-8-2016

"It's my first to open app every morning"

Opmerkingen: Heard from a friend who is using Databox app in the company he works for (fortune 100 company). It was almost annoying seeing him checking his phone constantly. I downloaded it from App store the same day. On-boarding was a breeze and the next thing I was in the app with my Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Stripe already connected. I was using it few days - it was just a beautiful app on my phone nothing more. But then I found they have desktop app - they call it Designer - where you can combine all metrics together. At that moment I was hooked. We have connected more than 10 data sources since then (database also) and we were able to put all important metrics in one place for everybody to see. I'm recommending this to everybody!

Pluspunten: I have access in one place to every important metrics I care. Just few clicks and I can change what I see on my phone and share with all my coworkers.

Minpunten: It wasn't an instant "click" in my head what Databox can do for us. There are almost no guides or documentation. Default metrics they fetch were not useful for our business.

van Databox op 18-8-2016

Thank you for your feedback.

Ashley S.
Owner and Founder
  • Beoordeeld op 26-12-2018

"This was a game changer for my digital marketing business"

Opmerkingen: Amazing. I love this tool.

Pluspunten: Ok, so I was desperately looking for an affordable platform to centralize my reporting for my clients. Most things that I found were either too expensive or too limited. I tested many free reporting tools - not enough connections. I tested the "free trial" of the big guys - great, feature-rich, and waay out of my budget. Then I came across Databox and I have to tell you, it has been a complete game changer for me. The Free version allows you to connect 10 clients to 3 data sources for reporting but then I discovered that I could easily afford the next level upgrade version, which allowed me to enhance my reports with up to 10 data sources for 10 clients. The setup was extremely simple and once I created the dashboards and scorecards, I was able to click a button and create an easy to understand report for my clients. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is struggling to keep up with the reporting for their marketing clients.

Minpunten: Honestly, nothing. Maybe that I have to pay for it to use it, but that's business.

• Beoordeeld op 26-12-2018
James M.

"Simple and powerful"

Opmerkingen: We use Databox for 2 months now and so far we like it more and more. We only use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics tools, so Databox seemed as a perfect solution for us. Databox allowed us to combine data from different data sources and display them in one place in a beautiful mobile app. We had some difficulties when we were setting up all data sources, but their customer support helped us in no time. The feature we like the most is scorecard. It's nothing better than getting a scorecard with most important KPIs in the morning and see the performance for the past day.

Pluspunten: - Daily scorecards
- Beautiful designed web and mobile app
- Databox Query Builder which allows us to get customized metrics from analytic tools
- Powerful yet simple Designer, where you can quickly set up datacards with a simple drag and drop feature
- Very helpful and responsive customer support

Minpunten: - The alerting feature didn't seem to work for us two months ago so we stopped using it

van Databox op 19-8-2016

Thank you for your feedback. We're constantly improving alerts so make sure you give them a chance.

Andrej Z.
Account manager
  • Beoordeeld op 19-8-2016

"Super duper dashboard for all my cloud services"

Opmerkingen: Few months ago i've downloaded this dashboard app, and absolutely happy with it. Now it's one of the most useful tools I use for work. I really appreciate the fact that I have all my data, analytics, reporting in one singular dashboard, especially when I work remotely. Plus I can always update my info while walking ;) And I do like its clear design and easy to use navigation. Simple, nice, and useful! Thanks for making my working days easier ;)

Pluspunten: All data in one place, easy to use/great ux, slick design

Minpunten: More data connectors for my team like Jira

van Databox op 19-8-2016

Thank you for your review.

Katie S.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-8-2016

"Beautiful Mobile app, easy to get addicted to."

Opmerkingen: I signed up Databox only two months ago, but I've used the mobile app pretty much every day since. It's very easy to connect your cloud services and add the basic metrics, and it takes just a little bit of extra work to add more specific ones (like, in my case, custom funnel data from Mixpanel). I've also played around with connecting our SQL database to Databox - all these options are available even on the Free plan. I like it that you can put data from different datasources on the same visualization (e.g. steps in a funnel). The platform is quite powerful underneath, still lacking a little bit of self-help content as of now, but customer support was very helpful and I've set up just the dashboard that I've always wanted.

Pluspunten: Beautiful visualizations, the drag-and-drop interface of the Designer tool (where you set up your visualizations), the Scorecard feature

Minpunten: All options are not very well documented

van Databox op 13-8-2016

Thank you for reviewing Katie. We will try to add the things you mentioned.

• Beoordeeld op 12-8-2016
Molly H.
ppc specialist
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018

"Practical & Pleaseing Data Tool For the Small Business"

Opmerkingen: Building reports for clients can be time consuming and full of confusing, intricate processes. Data Box has really allowed my company to scale reporting for our clients - building easy reports

Pluspunten: The software is both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing. Easily view your data from Analytics, Google Ads, social media, etc. all in one spot. the feature I find most valuable is the ability to set alerts for goals. This reminds me n my team of our progress and where we stand in regards to our goals. You can set these so clients can see them as well! Overall it is simple to build visuals without code and drill down further into those visuals via the query builder or manipulating data rows/columns.

Minpunten: To really use the tool to its full potential you should use the paid version. The free version is very limiting in data and may limit data source connections.

• Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Boris K.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-8-2016

"Databox has great features and is very intuitive"

Opmerkingen: It was easy to self onboard, start trial and connect some sources. Second-to-none support via Intercom. Setting up datacards and data-blocks is an experience (positive :) by itself, all drag and drop and animated. I wish all my apps were like that. When you get a grip on how it all works, it's a piece of cake.

Pluspunten: Beautiful app and charts, I've tried probably all competing products, but none looked this good. Powerful features, intuitive setup...

Minpunten: Quite a lot of connectors to 3rd party services, but I could use more of them. I've contacted them and many are in beta phase and coming soon, so this will be a non-issue soon. I managed to connect other, currently not directly supported sources like Google Spreadsheets via Zapier and my customer database via MySQL connector. So there are plenty of possible work-arounds.

van Databox op 18-8-2016

Thank you for your review.

• Beoordeeld op 18-8-2016
David C.
Digital Account Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018

"Cannot say enough positive things about this software! "

Pluspunten: As a small ad agency, we manage various different accounts on many different platforms. Google analytics, adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Databox lets us identify the key performance indicators that we need to see on a daily basis and makes tracking campaign progress EASY!

Minpunten: NOTHING! Please keep doing what you are doing, Databox! I can't imagine doing my job without this software, literally!

• Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018
Mike W.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-8-2016

"Business analytics made beautiful. A really nice app."

Opmerkingen: Found this searching for a way to convert my Spreadsheet data to charts. Worked great and it has beautiful charts. But then I found out it does much more. Now I have my Spreadsheet, Google Analytics and Mixpanel data all connected in one app. Makes it much easier to stay on top of the numbers. And I have a couple of datawalls set up, so I can show the numbers to my customers if needed by just turning on the tv. Works great.

Pluspunten: Simple to connect different data sources and have all the data in one place. Web site allows for advanced setups, but maybe not so simple to use. Beautiful mobile visualizations. Datawalls are really useful. Good value for money.

Minpunten: Needed a Zapier account to connect to Spreadsheets, but on the other hand Zapier allows me to add many other sources.

van Databox op 18-8-2016

Thank you for your feedback.

Dave S.
founder
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-8-2016

"No doubt, Best Mobile Business Analytics solution on the market"

Opmerkingen: Simple, top level KPIs, easy to use, beautiful designed. We have been up and running in less than 15 minutes and hooked to our data in CRM, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, etc

Pluspunten: Mobile-first, native and great experience, TV dashboard

Minpunten: More data connectors for engineering teams (Jira, Trello...)

van Databox op 17-8-2016

Thank you for your review. We're adding new connector on a weekly basis so stay tuned and I'm sure yours will be available soon!

• Beoordeeld op 16-8-2016
Shivakant D.
Technical Consultant
Computersoftware
  • Beoordeeld op 22-2-2018

"centralizing multiple platforms"

Opmerkingen: Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

Pluspunten: I like that I can customize the dashboard and seemingly add multiple data sources to a single dashboard view.

Minpunten: The cons of this application are it can be a bit challenging sometimes to get the data updated and connect all external data sources. But the tutorials and guides are very helpful to solve the most of the issues

• Beoordeeld op 22-2-2018
Nathaniel C.
Chief Strategist
  • Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019

"Beautiful Metrics & Reporting"

Opmerkingen: Some of the team here can build marketing dashboards in Google Data Studio, but this can be time-consuming and most situations don't require the levels of customisation that GDS allows. Databox has allowed us to speed up the deployment of reporting dashboards and given the wider team access to this ability.

Pluspunten: The way that Databox has been built is all about speed and simplicity, with little or no knowledge in building dashboards and reporting functions you can set up beautiful looking reporting systems.

Minpunten: There are some functions in the dashboard builder that still feel a little clunky, such as only being able to move an element once you've selected it and hovered over the move crosshair - but these are small UI points.

• Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Jeremy D.
Web Developer / Owner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018

"My search is over! Custom Data Visualization & Reporting"

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a solution to display website data and analytics for my clients. As a design and development agency, I wanted something that looks great, is easy for clients to use, and that I can "set and forget". Databox is the answer! By far the best in the industry. The free version is great for many small clients, and the paid upgrades for more integrations and users is very fair for those that need it.

Pluspunten: Vast number of integrations, ease of use creating boards, white labeling, multiple users, mobile app is fantastic, goals, notifications, snapshots, and it's beautiful!

Minpunten: Some of the pre-made templates are too specialized. I created a client account before they introduced Agency accounts, and can't switch it over easily.

• Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018