Transformed my editorial process

Jessie B.
Content Marketing Direcor
Tekstschrijvers, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: - More automated editorial process (saved time)
- Less time spent communication with writers on the status of their articles, where to find their assignments, and other logistical questions
- Better historical record of submissions
- No more loosing submissions in the "blackhole of Google Drive"

Pluspunten: I used GatherContent to get out of Google Docs and into a more sophisticated and consolidated platform for my editorial content. Some huge pros were: - Automated email notifications to writers when I changed the status on a page
- HTML and plain text versions of everything
- The way everything was organized
- Flexible tagging / customized organization
- Ability to create "forms" for content submissions (so, for example, I could encourage writers to fill out sections for standardized content, like a guide, rather than free-form compositions)
- Overviews and content progress

Minpunten: Sometimes it could be a bit glitchy. I know they're still working on it and the pros far outweighed the cons, but there were times where I'd click on one spot and start typing and the text would appear somewhere else... also if I'd put custom HTML into the HTML side (e.g. a class), it wouldn't save it.

GatherContent smoothed the content management process

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2018
Chargée de projet
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Improve our content management process and communication flow for content

Pluspunten: Before GatherContent, I managed content with Word, Excel or Google Docs. For years, I have prepared template for my customers and we were doing back and forth until a final version. Every time, no matter how much work I have put in my files, it was a total nightmare from the beginning to the end, because projects evolved, content changed, there's alway many person involved and different approval levels. I have been looking to improve the process and I was so glad to finally find a tool dedicated to this need. Gather Content allow to create templates, assign responsibilities, set due dates, manage status, track history, comments and more! It's easier for my clients to managed, edited, review and approved their content and for my team to be sure they really got the final version to integrate into website

Minpunten: Gather Content could sometimes be glitchy and/or slow. I think it's when there's a lot of content in a same page.

Goodbye Microsoft Word, Endless Emails, and Disorganized Content Teams!

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
CMS Consultant
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: GatherContent really helps accelerate and organize the content production process. It reduces the time needed to get the job done, and reduces the amount of errors made.

Pluspunten: Finally, something for writers, designers, and developers to track and edit content production. It also helps content migration immensely for large website redesign projects. For someone that is user centered and content first, this tool (and the free training provided) will help make your case clear.

Minpunten: Sometimes setting up workflow is not always straightforward, but that is more of a learning curve for teams and requires someone with more high-level project insight to create and help update.

Q: Can't We Just Use MS Word? A: NO!

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Operations Manager
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software's been fantastic thus far. Getting a team of noneditors to work on Gather Content has been rather painless and the customizability for templates for various web page content we'll be working with is awesome. Keep up the great service and great UX.

Pluspunten: Gather Content provided excellent customer service and onboarding with the team using it here. I saw its value straightaway. We're working on a substantial website redesign, and without someone in house whose sole purpose it is to manage the editorial process needed to bring over old content and repurpose it for the new site, there was no way that trying to handle the content creation across four teams and a dozen or so people would be healthy in a word processing program. Connecting our current-site content to Gather Content and then exporting it and working in Gather Content rather than WP has been a godsend.

Minpunten: I've not run up against any showstoppers for Gather Content. A few times I've logged in, I'm a bit unwowed by the simplicity of the dashboard and home screen. But too many bells and whistles are distracting, so I'm torn. I also wish the content map was a bit more robust and would allow me to order the subtopics in any one area.

Great tool for content professionals who hate writing content in a CMS

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Chris T.
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: GatherContent helps me organize my content for clients and deliver to them for review and approval rather seamlessly.

Pluspunten: GatherContent does a great job of bringing content creation, review, and approval in one place, outside of a CMS. Plus, GC offers a number of services that content it to major content management systems, making it a great way to export content to a CMS without having to work with development to customize templates or features within CMS for days and days.

Minpunten: GatherContent has some very useful features but at times it's not intuitive as to how customizable you can make templates within it. It led me to experiment quite a bit before I found a format and workflow that worked.

Good product to track progress on content creation and edits

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018
Business Development & Marketing
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is a good product for collaboration on content development. We have used this to track progress on content for the past 18 months and have been mostly pleased with the functionality. There are different stages of content creation that can be used with this product that assigns ownership to certain people/teams for review/approval.

Minpunten: The product doesn't easily allow red lines and tracking of edits. We may have not been using it correctly, but it didn't seem as intuitive as it should have been.

Probably more powerful than we need

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2018
Delivery Manager
Design en ontwerp, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use GatherContent purely for organising content for new websites. Although I find it straightforward to set up projects, I find that clients I am trying to encourage to add their content don't find it as easy to use - but this is more user error / inexperience I would say.

Pluspunten: This is a really well thought out, scaleable software for content planning and management. The interface is clean and simple.

Minpunten: I suspect that this software is slightly too powerful for what we need. It still works great for small projects, but I would really like to see a pricing option for smaller scale usage, perhaps based around number of items, or even credit based. It is verging on too expensive for us in relation to our level of usage month by month.

Gather Content has completely changes my organization and made my day so much easier to manage!

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2018
Krysti M.
Paralegak
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love that I can keep track of my due dates of all the different projects that I am working on. I like that I can leave comments on each individual piece so that others who have access can see what I'm doing and thinking!

Minpunten: I wish that I could integrate it with our case management software so that I could easily manage other pieces of information!

GatherContent Review

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Senior Associate Acquisition Marketing, Strategy and Planning
Olie en energie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: GatherContent really helps us organize content for web projects and improved our process for creating and organizing content for the web.

Pluspunten: I like that there are HTML and plain text versions of content so people who have varying preferences. The email notifications are really helpful and make collaboration much easier. Tagging users is also very helpful for collaboration.

Minpunten: It's not very intuitive. A tutorial is definitely makes a big difference in navigating the tool. Tracking edits is also a bit confusing.

Not Bad!

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Data Manager
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: GatherContent allowed us to easily communicate with an external team. Although we could not put special accent marks or upload huge files, GatherContent was much easier to use than I had expected, and I think most people would find it's a better alternative to the Google Suite for something like web design.

Pluspunten: GatherContent made it easy to communicate with our website designers to allow us to upload pictures and text for our website.

Minpunten: I couldn't just put the link in the text, our developers said I had to put the link as a comment so that it would load into Wordpress properly. There were also some size limits that made my life a tiny bit more difficult (had to submit elsewhere all my PDFs as zipped files).

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2016
Michael S.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

great tool for company vs. agency

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Campaign Marketing Specialist
Machinebouw, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Using this for when we work with agencies is a great way to push and pull information, especially for a project like a website update

Minpunten: not very intuitive, not a super 'smart' tool

Don't use if you're actually the owner of your business

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019
Bob B.
Presidnet
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I see no reason from a business owners perspective why this product exists. Regular old Word does the trick for content editing.

Pluspunten: nothing. It potentially makes our web developers job easier as they can upload to site faster but if you actually want to be involved in the content going into your site stay away.

Minpunten: no ability to track changes and manage multiple parties editing the content with the ability to see who wrote what.

Extremely disappointed in customer service and billing policy

Beoordeeld op 1-6-2018
Director, Communications, Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helped us organize web content.

Pluspunten: It served its purpose.

Minpunten: The software was fine, but the auto-renewal billing policy locked us in to another year's subscription when we did not want it, and the company showed ZERO flexibility in regard to letting us cancel. I will not use this product again.

Took some getting used to

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2017
Sean T.
Search Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hard to say - I think we might have had better results with another tool, but I've nothing to directly compare it to.

Pluspunten: It works okay as a tool to bring together content and make it available for review and feedback, although it's definitely nothing special in that respect.

Minpunten: The presentation of content as components of a greater whole takes a lot of getting used to, at least in the uses I've seen as a recipient of content for review. You miss the holistic picture when content is broken down to its core components and it's hard to know whether the content works as a whole.