Over Homebase

Moderne software voor lokale bedrijven en hun teams om tijd te besparen op personeelsplanning, tijdregistratie, werving en teamcommunicatie.

Meer informatie over Homebase

I love how easy this is to set up and it also integrates with several payroll processors.

There is no undo or go back for example if I accidentally change or delete something it is what it is.

Beoordelingen van Homebase

Waar voor je geld

Homebase heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 836 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Homebase eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (836)

Kevin T.
Kevin T.
Recruiter in VS
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great system for employee time tracking.

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

Marcus P.
Marcus P.
Chief of Operations in VS

Excellent Scheduling Software for Restaurants/Bars

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This is great way to track hospitality staff for clocking in and out, as well as recording some key data for payroll processing even if you do payroll outside of Homebase.

This makes scheduling our bar staff extremely easy and helps to track other payroll accounting data like start dates, hours, etc. It also helps to communicate with staff and provides a good source of applicants from a tailored database of hospitality industry applicants.

It could have more features for team communication and collaboration. The dashboard navigation is pretty straightforward but could be improved.

Mario C.
Barista in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

I like homebase!

3 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Homebase was useful to create days me and my co worker had to work

The color scheme was unflattering. How you can only look at pay stubs per week.

Kristen M.
General manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Home base has stepped their game up

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Again home base is actually a wonderful starter for like a fast casual restaurant or any other kind of business it doesn't just have to be a restaurant you can do it at home business with home base any type of business actually it's that simple and it's inexpensive but the quality is amazing

The most thing I like about this software was the fact of its multi-function that they can do I can go see exactly who sold a beer and what time and what kind of beer.

The only thing I didn't like in the beginning was when we would go offline it was almost impossible to get back on but nine times up and it was due to our connection not home bases

Manuel W.
Manuel W.
Brand Consultant in Zambia
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers

Good product with too much fluff and mediocre UX

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we are still with homebase because everyone is now used to it and our system is setup this way. Writing this review though, it is certainly about time i checked the timeclock-scheduling-team market again. Because the product is quite slow and features are being added which i don't need.

We decided to go for Homebase because it mostly resembled what i was doing in as spreadsheet before. The timeclock is rather solid, we have set up a dedicated tablet to clock in and out. This is the main reason i got homebase for my team - so that they would have a schedule and be able to clock in and out. Also nice is the fact that custom national holidays can be setup and automatically be shown in the schedule. The Homebase team has over the years implemented a few nifty features to save me time as an admin. Next is checking timesheets and correcting them when it comes to payroll - however this is where we stop with using homebase. We don't use any other features.

We don't utilize the payroll feature at all - everything can only be set in dollars. Overall, the software feels like it is made for the US market - not internationally. I have feature requested over a year ago that custom currencies should be implemented and even the way time is displayed (24h instead of am-pm). To no avail. Even from their content marketing strategy it is clear that Homebase is only focusing on the US market, with no interesting content for me as a hotelier on the other side of the world. It is also sad to see that they have recently started adding a lot of fluff to their product like hiring, instead of making the core experience easier and faster to use. The new timesheets section looks nice, but i am 5 times faster with the old one (which could be faster still). I would love to see much more emphasis on a fast and easy to use product, with lots of features to get my work done quicker. Homebase is a classic example of software which gets better the less i have to use it. I would like to see the product move in this direction.

Kalen K.
Guide Mgr in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Homebase - a versatile tool that probably does what you need (& more)

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: All in all homebase's functionality does a great service to our small business as a tour company with erratic hours and at different pay scales. The payroll integration with Gusto is key here.

Homebase's integration with our Gusto payroll service makes this a critical piece of our business. The ability to select different pay grades for different jobs, and to send messages about shifts is also a major plus.

It can feel cluttered if you only need it for a few features (it can do a lot), and the app's need to access employees' location on their device can make for a clunky experience at times (i.e. if they generally keep their location off, or miss the second step of the confirmation screen).

Kathleen G.
owner in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

My small business really benefitted from Homebase

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Scheduling and payroll are the two biggest challenges, and Homebase has been great on both fronts. I used to keep track of timecards using a spreadsheet, then tally the hours, then input them into the payroll website - it was a pain and had lots of opportunity for errors. Now, all that is absolutely a breeze. PLUS, employees can do so much - send messages, post availability, see paystubs and taxes, switch shifts. Moving to Homebase has been a gamechanger for me.

Employee onboarding is simple, and everyone loves the app. Scheduling is intuitive and fast, and very easy to update. Payroll is a game changer, with timecards easily flowing into the payroll function, and it's very easy to add tips into paychecks, both cash tips and credit card tips. Employees can easily access their schedules, send messages, update availability, and trade shifts.

I really can't think of anything that has been bad, truly, it's been so easy to use. I couldn't imagine going back to the methods I had before!

Jessica P.
General manager in VS
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Phenomenal for restaurants large or small

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall homebase is amazing the app is user-friendly and from a management perspective it’s easy to deploy. I would definitely use this product again and recommend it to others.

I love that everything you need is in one space. The employees can access anything 24 seven and it allows for changes to be made in real time. I like that we can communicate on different message boards and that you can see who has received and read that message. The ability for employees to request off in real time and block off deep in real time is a huge plus.

I wish homebase would allow users to pick up a shift outside of their availability if they are the ones requesting it. Currently a manager has to go in and manually give them a shift that is outside of their availability even if they have chosen to pick it up.

Amanda C.
Treasurer in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, 2-10 werknemers

Homebase is exactly what we needed for our small business

Opmerkingen: Perfect!!

I love how easy it is for my employees to use and how easy it is to run reports for payroll. My favorite feature is that it takes a photo when employees clock in and out. This ensures that no employee can clock in for another employee. Also, for our small business needs it is free for us to use! You can't get any better than that!

So far we have not found anything about this software that we do not like. It's been exactly what we needed!

Michi R.
Consultant in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Geofenced Mobile Timeclock

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I can say that the customer service has been great and they have worked to get us through all the bugs and issues and onboarding.

We needed a way to allow staff to clock in for shifts without having to have separate equipment or even a computer. The fact that you can set up a geofence to ensure employees can only clock in while at the location was why we selected this software. Employees being able to clock in and out of shifts via their cell phones has been a game-changer for accuracy in actual time worked and holding them accountable for their time instead of logging it on a piece of paper.

It's not the most intuitive. There is an app, but we ran into some issue with bugs on the app that made scheduling a bit difficult. I definitely prefer using it online over scheduling in the app.

Danielle M.
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

It's is a good app, but is constantly lagging, no matter what device and internet connection used.

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: See Above. I would like to say every time I have spoken with an employee from HB, they have been incredibly professional, polite, and knowledgeable. Homebase was also helpful during the early phases of Covid last year, with costs. I do wish there was an easier way than what I was told, to update myself to the admin of the account. Our current admin is an IT guy we used a few years ago, who does not have access to the email he used for HB anymore. I was told you'll need my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to contact, and provide bills addressed to Firefly with his name listed as well, showing he is the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. However, we are DBA, so nothing, not even our paystubs, state Firefly. Our DBA, is "Wes Pac Inc", which is what mail, licenses, and invoices state. If there is an alternate way to handle this, please contact me. Thank you all so much for everything you do.

Asking for time off is simple for my employees, the message option is convenient.

Homebase since the beginning is constantly lagging. Whether it be to load pages, send or receive messages, especially sending images. Whether I am using the url on a desktop, or the app on my iPad or iPhone, it is extremely slow. I get message notifications long before the messages actually show up. It is like this for all my employee's that use the app. The iPad version is difficult to use, it is as big as the size of a small phone screen, I don't understand why the app can't take up the entire screen of the iPad, like every other app I use on my iPad. I don't know if this is an option, but for my restaurant in particular, as I'm sure is the case with many establishments that use your app, we have several different departments. I'd for one like to be able to only see my FOH employee's on the schedule, and have a separate for BOH. It would also be convenient to not just limit the amount of employee's that can request off for a specific day, but to be able to limit by department. For example, to be able to say, 3 servers, 2 bussers, and 1 hostess is the limit for any particular day, rather than only being able to say 3 employee's in general is the max. I hope I explained that in a way it makes sense. Additionally, working in a restaurant that is open nights and weekends, your support hours are not reasonable at all. There has been numerous times we've needed support and you have been closed, so we are just hopeless.

Michael G.
Office Coordinator in Canada
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best virtual timeclock for your money

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been great with Homebase. Coming from manual punch clock, I've cut down my payroll process by at least 80%. It is easy to use (original software version is easy, new version is a little too messy so I haven't switched to the new view.) I still enter hours manually into QBO, because Homebase doesn't split regular and overtime hours. Not a big deal. *A couple wishes* 1. I wish there to be a button when employees punch out that says "Did you take a lunch break?" (Yes or No) Reason for this feature - I don't make our employees go to the iPad at lunch to "Take a break" when it's lunch time. I would have a line up of workers waiting to punch in and out because our entire company shuts down all at once for lunch. That way, when some employees DO work through their lunch break, they can just say "No" to the question "Did you take a lunch break" when they clock out at the end of the day. Currently, everyday I log into Homebase and manually add each employee's lunch break, except if they leave me a note saying "No Lunch". 2. It would be great if time card notes for a whole current pay period could be amalgamated into one document as I am processing payroll. I currently have to dig through each time card to find notes of employees asking for vacay pay, sick days, mileage etc. If I just had a list of all the notes and names for that weeks pay, I can check off each note as I add their request into QBO. Overall, I am still very happy with Homebase.

What I like most about Homebase is that it doesn't break the bank to put in a virtual timeclock system. It integrates with Quickbooks online and it is easy to use.

1. It does allow for a little customization, but not advanced enough for the way I run payroll. 2. It does not send separate regular hours and overtime hours to QBO.

Jeff B.
COO in VS
Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use, set-up, maintain, interface and adjust.

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Exceptional. Set it and forget it.

The interface/importing with QuickBooks Online. Easy to add time and track PTO, holidays, OT and more. Customization for our business hours was perfect. The cost is lowest I have found for the amount of features. T-Sheets in QBO is too pricey for us. Also the remote clock-in features and mobile app is a big hit with employees.

Importation of hours into QBO Payroll needs to be adjusted and checked, but having HomeBase open after importing employee time cards makes it simple. Just match 1 to 1 and your good. Also the initial holiday set-up can be a bit tricky but HB customer service is excellent and guided us through it.

Danielle M.
Community Program Coordinator in VS
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

We Love Homebase

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better. My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy. It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way. It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap. Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

Peter K.
Voedselproductie, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent for Restaurants, Hourly Employees

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used this as an employee, then as a business owner for about the last 7 years. It's really a no brainer if you need a time tracking tool, and it has been upgraded consistently over the years to add more features. The hiring tool is surprisingly solid as well, and helps to market positions quite well.

I've used this for so long now it is hard to imagine what I'd do without it. We began using it as a simple time clock, and it has slowly become our go to for hiring, time tracking, time off, and employee messaging. If you have a mostly hourly workforce it is super simple to setup, and as your business grows it has helpful and intuitive tools to make your life easier. Their support in my experience can be a bit disorganized, but they always get the job done and are easy to work with.

Not as helpful for salaried employees as it is for hourly employees in my experience. The lower tiers lack some of the onboarding functionality and digital form filing I'd like it to have, but I think this may have been added recently.

Heather W.
HR Rep/Office Admin in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Great option for the price-point

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Homebase has been a great scheduling software for our business, ticking almost every box we were looking for. We especially needed a way for employees to log in and out of different departments (which they do as needed and not according to a clock) during a shift that IS scheduled. We've been able to make Homebase work for that specific need.
We appreciated the flexibility of allowing employees to clock in/out on a central laptop or tablet, or letting them use their phones through the app with a geo-boundary over our office, and then when the pandemic hit, we removed the geo-boundary to allow them to clock in and out from their homes.

Pros: *Free option *Customizable - we're able to use it for employees to log in and out of the different unscheduled departments/roles they do within a scheduled shift. Makes it easy to track manhours and payroll by department when the people working in each department changes throughout each day. *The app *Easy to use *Great additional features like job posting and document storage/sharing, PTO tracking

Cons: *Getting the PTO tracking to work for us has been a long wait. *Employees experience a lot of glitches of punches not going through. *Takes forever to enter a schedule in the separate "available" and "actual" schedules. I would like to take a posted availability schedule and just make it be their working schedule with one click. Scheduling takes a bit of time, but isn't hard.

Matt K.
Administrator in VS
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Homebase

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release. I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks. My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours. One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end. I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

Joshua L.
Owner in Belize

Overwogen alternatieven:

Much more than the Software we needed

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

Jessica R.
Operations Director in VS
Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers

Awesome software!

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

Allison W.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Fairly good for scheduling, could use some work

4 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are utilizing the HR function. It is nice to be able to send in questions and get responses from HR professionals. The help desk is responsive and usually helpful

Being able to create a base schedule of open shifts as a template is nice. You apply the template to the week, and then you can drag and drop the shifts onto employees. You must use a computer for this to work. The auto-scheduling feature can give you a good starting point but has flaws that make it impossible to publish a schedule using only auto-scheduling.

I would like more categories than owner, manager, employee. With more options of who can see what information. Auto schedule feature needs improvement to not schedule people on doubles and multiple locations at the same time. They've made a number of improvements over the years, but I sometimes think they are trying to add too many new features when they need to perfect the features already available first.

William P.
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Overall good - customer service is disappointing

4 2 jaar geleden

I really value the integration with Square POS that allows me to use the analytical tools within Homebase. It's really helpful for me to be able to see my labor estimates and even the weather (coffee is largely dependent on weather). I value the real-time feedback on my labor costs as well. I also appreciate the flexibility of the timecard programming that allows the real world to happen and for callouts to not totally disrupt my timecards. We LOVE your integration with Gusto that makes my payroll incredibly easy. I came into this position expecting to drop your platform for hotschedules, but I've stuck with it because you integrate really well.

I am currently having problems with your Square POS integration and it's causing me to not enjoy the best parts of your program. Unfortunately your technical support is so backlogged that I get calls late at night when I can't access the program to make a fix.

Annsley E.

Overview

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It has a lot of great features and I like how you can modify a lot of the notifications to your needs.

I love how you can do the schedule out as far as in advance as possible but no one sees it until you post it. We have used other softwares that we would have to do a spreadsheet first and couldn't enter anything into the system until we were ready for anyone to see the shifts.

I would say the only thing I don't like is that we have trouble with the clock in system at one of our locations. Which is weird because it works perfectly fine at our other 3 locations. It doesn't register clock-ins a lot of times so my employees have to text me to clock them in. I have reached out support about this several times in the past and they just say to delete the app and then reinstall. It works great for about a day and then acts up again.

Maxwell P.
Maxwell P.
Consultant in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Scheduling & Labor Costing

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Years of working with Homebase have shown that they constantly improve their product, and make it easier to use with integrations with common applications (via API access).

Quite honestly, one of the first things I recommend to businesses that want to schedule employees and know their labor costs that are up to the minute.

The one feature that I do wish was available, would be a calendar view that showed the entire department or business, so that it could be displayed on a monitor or web-based application.

Chris S.
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

I love Homebase and recommend it to other business owners

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it. I recommend it all the time to other Camp Bow Wow owners. Whether or not you know it, Homebase is utilized by many many Camp Bow Wow owners and all always speak highly of your product.

Everything. For starters, it's very user friendly. I also love the scheduling, time sheet integration, PTO, chat/messaging, integration w/ Clover is HUGE. Having the COVID checklist when clocking in is also a great addition.

Homebase has some small glitches or bugs here and there but we look past that. For instance, although it's been a month or two now that I've heard an employee speak about this, Homebase does not always give you a notification when you receive a chat message.

David R.
Consumentengoederen, 11-50 werknemers

Homebase should be a part of every business that has employees.

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Homebase is a great tool that any business can use and benefit from.

It's VERY user friendly, makes scheduling extremely easy. Also makes tracking hours and Labor$ easy as well. I also like the option of group messaging which enable s managers to communicate and issues or changes efficiently.

When an employee fills in their "availability" on Homebase, I personally would do away with the option that says "preferred' and replace it with the word "available" The reason: whenever I copy a schedule to the following week, I can easily accidently schedule employees on days the did not, or weren't able to work, because the system would allow me to schedule them outside their preference. The way I solved this issue was by telling my employees to put in the availability as "unavailable" that way, whenever I would schedule them on days, or hours, they weren't available to work, the system would only then alert me that they can't work those hours!! With that being said, I don't understand why the "preferred" option is even there! :) I don't care what they prefer, I want to know when they can't work so I know what NOT to schedule them. you're welcome :) I have called in the past, twice, and explained my suggestion, but no one seemed to get what I'm talking about, maybe because they're software engineers and not business managers.