Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Homebase

Moderne software voor lokale bedrijven en hun teams om tijd te besparen op personeelsplanning, tijdregistratie, werving en teamcommunicatie.

Meer informatie over Homebase

I love how easy this is to set up and it also integrates with several payroll processors.

There is no undo or go back for example if I accidentally change or delete something it is what it is.

Beoordelingen van Homebase

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Homebase heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.008 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Homebase eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.008)

Maxwell
Maxwell
Consultant in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Scheduling & Labor Costing

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Years of working with Homebase have shown that they constantly improve their product, and make it easier to use with integrations with common applications (via API access).

Quite honestly, one of the first things I recommend to businesses that want to schedule employees and know their labor costs that are up to the minute.

The one feature that I do wish was available, would be a calendar view that showed the entire department or business, so that it could be displayed on a monitor or web-based application.

Rebekah
Landbouw, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Homebase is intuitive and organized.

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using Homebase for a year or two. I tried cutting expenses and using Jobber but it was much more work. I use Homebase to let the employees know when they are expected in and when they should clock out by. Because we are on the road it is only estimated. Homebase lets me put in a shift/run and Jobber gives them the program ordered. It’s like Homebase is an outline and Jobber is the report.

1. Easy to use. 2. Calculates estimated hours. 3. Easy to move things around. 4. Posts easy. 5. Time clock. 6. Time sheets. 7. Record keeping

New Update with light markings and no lines. Makes me feel like I’m blind feeling my way around hoping to find the right button. Dark mode might make it better but I like to make it bolder.

Della K
Beveiliging en opsporing, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Honeymoon phase is definitely over........contemplating a "divorce".

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Heartbroken, disgusted....and anything else I didn't mention above.

In 2018 everything was so great and at an incredible price, by my second year as a monthly subscriber I upgraded my plan, in spite of the problem integrating homebase timecards with my QuickBooks payroll, and had to manually enter the data personally. I loved being able to see the total hours per employee when creating a schedule, until one day it disappeared. Still undeterred, I loved the ability to access the app from any mobile device and desktop. Only androids & Desktops access the app easily and iphones or ipads come with headaches. I fell in love with the ease, simplicity and it's sexy platform look of this time tracking/management app, until one day everything changed and I lost my ability to view time cards all on one screen. Little issues were just an alert in the far upper right corner like a nudge. Now they scream in double size that takes up half the monitor, leaving only an inch or two to view time cards accompanied with a lot of scrolling. Nowadays I'm afraid to login and be greeted by a scowling dashboard with a list of issues nagging to be resolved. Issues caused by employees that can't log in or out and got tired of uninstalling and reinstalling the app as a temporary fix. I knew my relationship with homebase was reaching a bitter end when without so much as a "heads up" warning there would be an increase to my subscription (almost $20.00 more). When I said "Oh h#!! NO!" and lowered it to essentials...

I was denied the ability to manage my PTO mandated sick leave pay feature that never matched QuickBooks anyway, and the feature to assign different roles/rate of pay for different jobs among my existing employees. I now have a default pay rate/role homebase deems as "fitting". After a 5 year relationship with all the little things I loved, I can have back if I pay $20.00 more a month. Out of some "disturbed" sense I felt I owed to Homebase, I emailed support with an offer to pay a small increase but not at their ridiculous price with it's 15 features included that I would never use. If they can't find my request reasonable and let me pay only for what I use, I will fly into the arms of another app that gives me the basic features for free. The email was sent last week and long past the "24 hour" promise to respond. I never called out their promised "money back guarantee" after 5 years and the inability to integrate their application with my payroll system......Seriously? How much alimony is it worth? No, it's too late now. I'm divorcing homebase from my company forever.

Jeremy
Barista and Manager in Canada
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Nimble and robust scheduling and payroll app

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Its a well integrated software for scheduling and time clock monitoring as well as payroll functionality. It has some unfortunate quirks, but none that outweigh the benefits of the app.

Its very intuitive and easy to navigate. Online connectivity makes it easy for multiple managers to use it for specific roles.

Homebase "updated" their online scheduling and now its more cumbersome to use - multiple refreshes are necessary to keep up with changes (its frustrating)

Tom
Diergeneeskunde, 11-50 werknemers

Awesome scheduling and payroll combined! Better than 2 different vendors

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: SUPER FAST customer service. Knowageable customer services.

Easy to set up. Awesome onboarding from Homebase team. Saves me time to process payroll. saves me a lot of time and mistakes.

Not sure..?? one time payroll was delayed because i bank in California collapsed or needed bailed out.

Nancy
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Outstanding program!

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Exceptional experience and would highly recommend.

Very easy to add/remove employees, set up user roles, schedule time. There's nothing to NOT like about using Homebase!

I haven't found anything about using Homebase that I don't like! Hard to believe, but it's true!

Stephanie
Office Manager in VS
Uitvoerende kunsten, 11-50 werknemers

GREAT SYSTEM - especially GPS Timeclock - and scheduling.

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's a great software for small companies.

Timeclock Timesheets Staff Availability and Time Off Requesting Customer Service

Cannot tailor features, such as; timeclock, overtime allowable, break waivers to specific employees / managers

Sarah
Customer Service Manager in VS
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Great App for Running a Festival

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I highly recommend this app to all companies, especially those that run festivals, concerts and events. Our first experience was 20+ people using it for our first festival of the season, not one person had issues with clocking in and out. We were only going to use it on festival days when we have temps working however, our company liked it so much that we are using it for every day timesheets and payroll. If someone forgets to clock-in, it is easy for the administrator to go in and edit the time.

The best thing about Homebase is how user-friendly it is. Simple for the managers and simple for the employees.

We have no cons at this time to share..

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Home base for Home Care (Family Caregiver &/or smaller settings = 5 STARS!!)

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Everything! From the ease of use, all the way into how easily we could manage/edit/change everything! I have honestly been on both sides of using this app, within the health / home care settings! It’s great all the way around, from both points of view!

Unknown. No answer. Nothing to complain about or no dislikes come to mind initially!

Wayne
Deputy Fire Chief in VS
Openbare veiligheid, 11-50 werknemers

Homebase review for Dartmouth Fire District 2

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We were looking for an easy way to track our all the duty shifts, but stay within a budget. This system works very well.

The ease of use. The layout of all the pages makes it easy to use for everyone.

Nothing to say in this area. Everything that we use it for works very well.

Joshua
Owner in Belize
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Much more than the Software we needed

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

Danielle
General Manager in VS
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

It's is a good app, but is constantly lagging, no matter what device and internet connection used.

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: See Above. I would like to say every time I have spoken with an employee from HB, they have been incredibly professional, polite, and knowledgeable. Homebase was also helpful during the early phases of Covid last year, with costs. I do wish there was an easier way than what I was told, to update myself to the admin of the account. Our current admin is an IT guy we used a few years ago, who does not have access to the email he used for HB anymore. I was told you'll need my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to contact, and provide bills addressed to Firefly with his name listed as well, showing he is the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. However, we are DBA, so nothing, not even our paystubs, state Firefly. Our DBA, is "Wes Pac Inc", which is what mail, licenses, and invoices state. If there is an alternate way to handle this, please contact me. Thank you all so much for everything you do.

Asking for time off is simple for my employees, the message option is convenient.

Homebase since the beginning is constantly lagging. Whether it be to load pages, send or receive messages, especially sending images. Whether I am using the url on a desktop, or the app on my iPad or iPhone, it is extremely slow. I get message notifications long before the messages actually show up. It is like this for all my employee's that use the app. The iPad version is difficult to use, it is as big as the size of a small phone screen, I don't understand why the app can't take up the entire screen of the iPad, like every other app I use on my iPad. I don't know if this is an option, but for my restaurant in particular, as I'm sure is the case with many establishments that use your app, we have several different departments. I'd for one like to be able to only see my FOH employee's on the schedule, and have a separate for BOH. It would also be convenient to not just limit the amount of employee's that can request off for a specific day, but to be able to limit by department. For example, to be able to say, 3 servers, 2 bussers, and 1 hostess is the limit for any particular day, rather than only being able to say 3 employee's in general is the max. I hope I explained that in a way it makes sense. Additionally, working in a restaurant that is open nights and weekends, your support hours are not reasonable at all. There has been numerous times we've needed support and you have been closed, so we are just hopeless.

William
General Manager in VS
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Overall good - customer service is disappointing

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I really value the integration with Square POS that allows me to use the analytical tools within Homebase. It's really helpful for me to be able to see my labor estimates and even the weather (coffee is largely dependent on weather). I value the real-time feedback on my labor costs as well. I also appreciate the flexibility of the timecard programming that allows the real world to happen and for callouts to not totally disrupt my timecards. We LOVE your integration with Gusto that makes my payroll incredibly easy. I came into this position expecting to drop your platform for hotschedules, but I've stuck with it because you integrate really well.

I am currently having problems with your Square POS integration and it's causing me to not enjoy the best parts of your program. Unfortunately your technical support is so backlogged that I get calls late at night when I can't access the program to make a fix.

Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

I love Homebase and recommend it to other business owners

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it. I recommend it all the time to other Camp Bow Wow owners. Whether or not you know it, Homebase is utilized by many many Camp Bow Wow owners and all always speak highly of your product.

Everything. For starters, it's very user friendly. I also love the scheduling, time sheet integration, PTO, chat/messaging, integration w/ Clover is HUGE. Having the COVID checklist when clocking in is also a great addition.

Homebase has some small glitches or bugs here and there but we look past that. For instance, although it's been a month or two now that I've heard an employee speak about this, Homebase does not always give you a notification when you receive a chat message.

Heather
Manager in VS
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Happy Manager

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The homebase team has been nothing but helpful and supportive, and are always willing to take suggestions.

I love that there is an app connected to the schedule and other features! A huge plus is my team being able to put in their own time off, and request shift trades or covers through the app as well.

The scheduler can run slowly, and it would be nice to be able to organize job applicants a little better.

Danielle
Community Program Coordinator in VS
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

We Love Homebase

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better. My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy. It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way. It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap. Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

HomeBase Employee Scheduling

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

Becky
Co-Owner in VS
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

we LOVE homebase.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Such a great experience - and they are so helpful too!

We have a few off-site jobs, not another location - but we are a food truck. So our shifts, timing, and dates and regularity change ALL the time. Homebase allows you to create and manipulate shifts, their names, times, etc. A lot of other platforms do now have as much customization available. AND its easy to create and change templates, as well as create and change schedules from a computer, phone, or ipad.

I wish we had options for printing, so that we could manipulate the format a little bit more. But its still quite strong. Also, sometimes the communication between our POS and Homebase has issues. Not too often, but it would be so, so nice if they spoke to each other and updated more smoothly.

Kelly
Company Owner in VS
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Confessions of a Homebase Addict

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Homebase is literally an addiction. All of the tasks that need to be done with this product are agonizing for any manager. But this product makes it not only easy, but enjoyable! I actually love performing all the tasks on Homebase because it is so practical, straightforward and simple. I am on the app multiple times a day just reminding myself of who is working when. I would be lost without this product and in terrible shape. Thank you for 3 years of making my life easy!

Ease of use. It is so convenient to have everything you need inside the app. The schedule building is so simple and practical. Everyone can see it and request changes. I love that the manager features can be accessed inside the app. Almost everything can be accessed without a computer.

There is nothing I dislike. The only thing I ask is that you please do not change or complicate the setup because it is so practical and easy to find everything. Please do not complicate it. It's just right the way it is!

Wayne
Nederland
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it. It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover! All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided. The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

Christy
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Definitely worth it

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this product and customer support have been great!

The reason that I started using g homebase was because it is linked to Square. However, even if I stopped using square I would still use homebase!

Some of the reports are difficult to configure and very time consuming to drill down to the data we need

Angela
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers

One of the best software tools out there for small businesses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Scheduling, Clock in and outs, communication with employees, hiring - I use Homebase for all these features. I've made a couple of suggestions along the way and their customer support is superior. I feel heart or they find a solution for me that I didn't think of. Hands down, this is one of the best software decisions I've made for my company.

The scheduling feature and time clock were the two most important features in implementing this software. But since then, the Hiring feature has become so valuable. Honestly every feature they offer is superb and what a great value.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Does the job

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the app works well for what it was designed to do, keep track of timesheets. The customer service responds quickly and is very helpful.

The software does what its' meant to do, keep track of clocking in and out. This helps to supplement the payroll process greatly and is easy to access and use by out employees.

The scheduling function could be better. Our industry a little different, usually the work is project based. It would be nice to be able to schedule multiple people to one project with just a start time. We usually don't know when exactly a show will end, or when everyone will make it back so adding some flexibility would be very helpful. Even just having the ability to schedule multiple employees at the same time instead of having to click each one would be great.

KATIE
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Time clock/HR pro review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Please see above under "pros". Pretty much sums it up. Easy to use as an administrator and for employees. I would recommend creating and HR pro tab from the homepage rather than navigating through the "team" tab.

I think it is fairly simple to use and for all questions I have I generally get quick answers from support. The free HR support offered during the pandemic was very generous and we ended up signing up. In past reviews I have stated that I think your pricing should be based on a sliding scale depending on how many employees a business has. For someone like myself, who only has 2 hourly employees I don't need to use HR pro much and may not be able to justify $800+ for annual renewal for minimal assist and usage. I do like the onboarding paperwork feature that was added as well.

I don't like that when publishing a schedule, the default on my version is to update all employees. Unfortunately, we had to furlough employees and if I don't manually change it, it defaults to alert all on our team even though they don't have a schedule or employed by us currently.

Jason

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

More than just employee time tracking

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We started using Homebase for employee time tracking, but there are several features we have started to rely on and are really useful. Mainly posting new jobs on multiple job boards and tracking applicants. Also, this has become our tool for employee communications. I have talked to companies like Paychex that have similar product offerings, but they are much more expensive.

The core feature we needed was employee time tracking, but we have started using this for team communication and posting new jobs and tracking applicants.

I wish I could easier audit when the manager edits clock ins and clock outs.